Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rumor China May Add Chinese-American Guards to National Team????

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor China May Add Chinese-American Guards to National Team????

Rumor China May Add Chinese-American Guards to National Team

According to our correspondent, Robert Wang, 'today, there is an info. from website saying CBA has sent coaches to recruit the current NCAA players (point guards) Jeremy Lin (188-G) (Harvard college)and Dereck Luo from (Washington DC) to join back China national team as China native citizen and would play for the Olympic Game on August. CBA has not released the confirmation on this but it might be true since CBA really needs a good point guard to make the national team strong. CBA has very good inside players so far included Wang zhi zhi, Yao Ming, Meng Bater, Tang Zheng Dong, Yi Jian Lian, etc.forwards are still good included Zhu Fang Yu, Du Feng, etc..but it seemed they don't have good point guard..Wish china has good point guard soon and improve the team fast to compete against euro.basketball team.'

I Have Problems With Rumor of Import National Team Point Guards

I have some difficulties with the story I just posted by our correspondent Robert Wang, who had some problems accessing our site today so I posted the story for him. But apparently this rumor is circulating in China.

Jeremy Lin (188-G) is a decent player at Harvard but is far from being an international star. He made All-Ivy League second team this season, not even all-Ivy first team. Likely Liu Wei, Sun Yue, Chen Jianghua and Liu Xiaoyu are all better, and more internationally experienced, point guards than he is. I have now learned that the second guard allegedly being sougt is Derrick Low (188-G-86) of Washington State. Low is half Chinese, has been invited to the Portsmouth Invitational Tournament, and www.nbadraft.net projects him to be chosen in the late second round of this year's NBA draft. However, according to www.yaomingmania.com, he has played for the United States junior team and is therefore likely ineligble to play for China.

In addition, having expelled Song Cun from the CBA this season and having denied Xinjiang a playoff berth for using him, China might be reluctant to employ players of similar background on its national team.

Jeremy Lin (188-G)

Derrick Low (188-G-86)

i believe the rule is that you may only play for one SENIOR national team. therefore, low should still be eligible to play for the china senior national team.

Comment

Thanks for the report, Robert and Feifei.
      Originally posted by sime0n
      i believe the rule is that you may only play for one SENIOR national team. therefore, low should still be eligible to play for the china senior national team.
      Yeah, I think you're right.

Any player who gets invited to the Portsmith Invitational is pretty good and can probably play a few years of professional basketball in one place or another, so Low will be pretty good. But is he better than Team China's current guards? I doubt it.
      "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Sorry Blair, he is not eligible to play for China once he played in an FIBA sanctioned event for a national team (doesnt matter if junior or senior level).
        Example: Dschamal Schoetz aka Maitah was banned from Jordans national team after FIBA found out that he actually played on the German junior NT before.
        So Low is not eligible under FIBA rules.
        I doubt that this Harvard-kid can help immediatly to solve China's guard problem.

I from Wisconsin!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Comment

Originally posted by Mojado
          Sorry Blair, he is not eligible to play for China once he played in an FIBA sanctioned event for a national team (doesnt matter if junior or senior level).
          Example: Dschamal Schoetz aka Maitah was banned from Jordans national team after FIBA found out that he actually played on the German junior NT before.
          So Low is not eligible under FIBA rules.
          I doubt that this Harvard-kid can help immediatly to solve China's guard problem.
          You know, I think you're right. I think he needs to at least be naturalized, right?
          "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

This is baseless rumor. I know how it came about but it is too silly to even talk about it. As mentioned above, Low (who is at most 1/4 Chinese) has already played with USA so cannot play for China. Chinese naturalization process is seriously long for even ethnic Chinese people.

This thread is locked. If you must, here's a thread on Jeremy Lin already.
            aim low, score high

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information