R.I.P Marvin Stone!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P Marvin Stone!!!

The american import of Ittihad Jeddah Marvin Stone (208-C-81, agency: ACMT, college: Louisville) has passed away today during his team's game against Ohod in Elite Cup Semi-Finals due to a heart attack!!!!!!, he collapsed at the locker room during the half time. ! The saudi arabian community was shocked after this accident!!!

Stone who was only 27 years old had just arrived before few days coming from Cyprus as he was playing there.....The player had also a big carrer during his participation top leagues in europe such as Greece, Cyprus, Spain and Germany.....on arrivalto Saudi Arabia, he was 100% mediaclly fit..

He was a great person and great attitude..all the players came to the hospital crying..and the federation postpond tomorrows game..

May God give the patience to Marvin's family and be with them and bless his sole.....R.I.P Marvin Stone
    Source

I dont know this player,he was playing in the Saudis league but unfortunately he died during a game,so R.I.P Malvin !!
    Proud to be Lebanese
    www.arabasket.com

oh what a story

rip

Comment

Such terrible news.

I was actually excited to see him come to the region. I knew about him because he was a SLAM magazine 3rd team All-American along with Brian Cook and Jason Kapono back in 1999.

May he R.I.P.

Comment

I was shocked when i knew this news yesterday....

May God be with his family and bless his soul......

R.I.P Marvin Stone.....
        Last edited by mvblair; 04-03-2008, 12:31 PM.

Comment

R.i.p

Comment

Originally posted by daniab
            .....on arrivalto Saudi Arabia, he was 100% mediaclly fit..
            Professional sports are so hypocritical... How the hell can a person be 100% medically fit in one country and get rejected by another team (Alba Berlin) when he actually failed his medical exactly because they had found a heart problem...

Originally posted by parso
            Gomelsky doesn't know @@@@ about basketball
            Originally posted by sseppel
            it's not asking too much for someone to know where the fuck he is.
            Originally posted by UMUT_FB_LAL
            Scola makes me wanna touch myself, no homo

Comment

Originally posted by ArkadiosV2
              Professional sports are so hypocritical... How the hell can a person be 100% medically fit in one country and get rejected by another team (Alba Berlin) when he actually failed his medical exactly because they had found a heart problem...
              As i heard there wasnt any medical staff in the courts and the situation took lot of times before attending the hospital.
              this article is not me who wrote it,i took it from asia-basket.com
              Proud to be Lebanese
              www.arabasket.com

Comment

RIP Marvin Stone ( 1981-2007)

Comment

RIP Marvin Stone !

I agree with Arkadios, the player had prior to his signing in Saudi Arabia a record of having problems with the heart, but still played on and what happened is sad, but a player cant ignore his health issues.
                  Also, Malas1 who happens to be the author of the story, should change it and include this news and what complications occured there.
                  If you are also in a correction mode of the news, delete Mustafa Al-Sayyad from the Qatari team, he stayed in the States after his graduation from Fresno State and never left for Qatar....another wrong information posted on asia-basket.
                  Last edited by mvblair; 04-03-2008, 12:31 PM.

I from Wisconsin!
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Comment

Here in Germany he failed the medical checks in Oldenburg and Berlin because serious heart problems were diagnosed. So maybe ittihad Jeddah should have known better or checked better before letting him play.
                    "It's not about four guys working to get one player open and give the ball to him."- Ettore Messina

Sanchez, Ginobili, Basile, Kukoc, Sabonis

Comment

RIP .
                      Stone was signed years ago by an italian team but failed to pass the medical exams so he couldn't play in Italy.
                      http://www.fortitudobologna.it/

Faber quisquis fortitudinis suae.

Comment

Wow. What a shame. It's always terrible news when a young athlete dies like this. Unfortunately, this seems to be a common thing, because every so often it happens to another player.

Obviously, Stone knew what he was doing and knew about his heart condition. Should the league have let him play? Obviously not, but Stone took a huge risk playing and he probably knew the potential consequences.

Nevertheless, Stone's death is a tragedy. He played four good, solid years in the NCAA and had so much potential...
                        "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

So young... RIP
                          A beautiful selection of corporate gifts.

Comment

RIP
                            death in court ... wow

Comment

RIP Marvin... I still remember watching him live during his High School AAU days.
                              THE BEST KEPT SECRET
                              -BALL TIL i FALL-

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information