View Full Version : Kasun not on NT this summer

London78
03-20-2008, 05:36 PM
Mario Kasun confirmed he won't be playing this summer in order to rest:

http://www.crobasket.com/main.asp?P=Vijest&hn=naslovnica&J=ENG&VijestID=21266

I'm guessing Nicevic or Tomic will take his place

ArkadiosV2
03-20-2008, 07:51 PM
Easier task for Greece then if they will face Croatia then...

Croatian players (mostly big men) must be the greatest patriots ever... :)

jugoplastika
03-20-2008, 10:57 PM
Mario Kasun confirmed he won't be playing this summer in order to rest:

http://www.crobasket.com/main.asp?P=Vijest&hn=naslovnica&J=ENG&VijestID=21266

I'm guessing Nicevic or Tomic will take his place

Nicević? Are you some kind of comedian?
Joško Poljak and Jurica Žuža are better choice then Nicević, for sure.:D :)

BTW Kasun has very good reason to rest this summer.;) ;) ;) :)
He is not like "25-year-old tired "Žižić.
Vujčić said 3 years ago he won`t play in any FIBA challenge in a future, after "LaMonica case" in Belgrade vs Spain. So...:)
Bagarić - People who lead CRO-bball didn`t call him before Eurobasket 2007, they have no contacts, so they are in conflict. Both are gulity, he and them...
Giriček - no comment:rolleyes:

If there is no Vujčić... Oh, I don`t even want to think about this scenario...:rolleyes: :(

rikhardur
03-20-2008, 11:42 PM
Croatia is going nowhere with their main players behaving like this, and they really could. The sucess of Rađa, Kukoč, Petrović and others should be something that modern players should look upon, they helped build one of the strongest NTs ever and today that golden path is completely being trashed to pieces. When a country has so many talented players and they refuse to play for their NT something is definitely very wrong.

Test
03-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Something really wrong with CRO NT management if main players don't want to play for country.

"In order to rest" is funniest explanation everytime.

There will be a book - dictionary which will explain NT deserters explanations.

Here are some translations:
"I want to rest" - Fu*k you all and my country, I want to party
"I want to be with my family during summer" - Need to party more
"My NBA club don't want me to play in NT" - Who will pay me for playing for my country?

Some people just like to simulate an injury (Shalenga, Kobe etc)

Some people just afraid to play in FIBA style because there is no 5 steps before dunking allowed

mvblair
03-21-2008, 05:44 PM
Croatia is going nowhere with their main players behaving like this, and they really could. The sucess of Rađa, Kukoč, Petrović and others should be something that modern players should look upon, they helped build one of the strongest NTs ever and today that golden path is completely being trashed to pieces.
Thank you. I don't know what these kids' problems are, but you're right; this should be one of the top NTs in the world.

"In order to rest" is funniest explanation everytime. It's just not a valid excuse. Are we really to believe that these athletes' bodies can't take 7 more games in the summer? Pff. I play 3 times a week at 5:30 AM for an hour and half, no time-outs, just a one or two minute break for water between games. Obviously these basketball players work harder than that, but come on, guys. You can't play 7 more games?

PRSURF
03-21-2008, 06:05 PM
Good news for Puerto Rico!:D

hotjam_2
03-23-2008, 10:37 AM
If Kasun is not one of the best centers in Europe, then at least he's one of he most exciting. I really enjoy watching him play. I hope he gets back to being 100% fit again.
I agree with what's been said; if only all their best players came together, Croatia has one of the best NT's around. I really liked their team from 2005 Euro's , more so than 2007. They had Giricek, Vujcic, and Mamic. Those three did'nt play in 2007.
at center; if Barac has matured since last year, then he'll probably have to step up to the starting slot, or perhaps Vujcic could move from his pf role.
Croatia has players 2nd to none at guards. Personally I like to see Ukic step up to the starting playmaker, and Planinic move over to shooting guard. A spot which he'll share with Giricek(if he decides to rejoin the NT). I think Ukic is perhaps the most underated or at least quickest Euopean guard that I've seen in a long time.
At the 2007 Euro's, Croatia's weakest postion was at forwards, thats why it be so importened to bring back at least Vujcic and Mamic(an excellent outside shooter.

Joško Poljak Fan
03-23-2008, 11:20 AM
You've probably missed it, but Mamić got a career ending injury last year. He fall on his back during the game and almost got paralysed. He is coaching some german team now.

link1 (http://forums.interbasket.net/showthread.php?t=2692&highlight=Mamic)
link2 (http://forums.interbasket.net/showthread.php?t=311&highlight=Mamic)

I do agree it's a big loss for Croatian NT, since Mamić was that typical versatile SF that didn't need the ball in his hands to make good things happen.

mvblair
03-23-2008, 04:22 PM
You've probably missed it, but Mamić got a career ending injury last year. He fall on his back during the game and almost got paralysed. He is coaching some german team now.Wow, I missed that. That sucks. Man.