NT or A CLUB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NT or A CLUB?

I remembered a friendly game Lithuania- Greece at this summer when i was actually shocked, and i decided to find out what is more important for you- your NT (if it's available in bb) or your favorite basketball club?
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Could you expand on the 'shocked' thing? What happened?

Personally the club I support, Panathinaikos in this case, is undoubtfully my favorite club, the NT doesn't even come close...

Originally posted by parso
    Gomelsky doesn't know @@@@ about basketball
    Originally posted by sseppel
    it's not asking too much for someone to know where the fuck he is.
    Originally posted by UMUT_FB_LAL
    Scola makes me wanna touch myself, no homo

Comment

Originally posted by ArkadiosV2
      Could you expand on the 'shocked' thing? What happened?

Personally the club I support, Panathinaikos in this case, is undoubtfully my favorite club, the NT doesn't even come close...
      The arena was so silent...I never thought this could happen in Greece. I know it was only a friendly game, but that was too much. That kind of thing would never ever happen in Lithuania (and i would call Greece as one of top bb countries of Europe as well as Lithuania surely). I know, and i saw on TV what is happening on PAO, OLY, ARIS games...i know football is involved here, anything more?
      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
      Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

If I remember correctly it was a friendly game for the Acropolis tournament which takes part in late August.

That is the period (15-30 August) which most Greeks (therefore Athenians too...) go on their two weeks holidays (preferably on some island) and Athens is pretty much a ghost city (my favorite time of Athens I have to admit)...

And those who didn't go on holidays were probably soaking on a beach reading one of the 10+ Greek sports newspapers about Panathinaikos and Olympiakos football clubs plans to sign Riquelme, Nesta, Buffon and Ronaldinho...

Add the facts that it just a friendly game and that Greeks are well known glory hunters, couldn't care less for their best National Team, the basketball one that is, but when there is an international title at stake they can sell out the 20 000 capacity OAKA in 2 days to watch women's handball National Team win the Balcan Cup by beating the mighty Albanian giants...

And last, but not least... Clubs are over National Teams for 90% of the Greeks... me for example...

Comment

It's a little harder for some US Americans to choose between our NT or other school/league team. Personally, I've never been a big fan of our basketball NT. Dream Team II kind of turned me off and the 2000 team destroyed any supposed link I may have had for the team. By far, I support my Alma Mater, Wright State University, more than the NT. In fact, I'm one of those Americans that some people love to hate because I've rooted for other teams (Angola especially) when they play against the US. I think there are probably Lithuanians who have done the same thing, by the way.

I think that most people in most countries should unwaveringly support their NT over any school/club/team...just not me.
          "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Originally posted by mvblair
            I think there are probably Lithuanians who have done the same thing, by the way.
            Hell will freeze before this happens...

Comment

Originally posted by ArkadiosV2
              If I remember correctly it was a friendly game for the Acropolis tournament which takes part in late August.

That is the period (15-30 August) which most Greeks (therefore Athenians too...) go on their two weeks holidays (preferably on some island) and Athens is pretty much a ghost city (my favorite time of Athens I have to admit)...

And those who didn't go on holidays were probably soaking on a beach reading one of the 10+ Greek sports newspapers about Panathinaikos and Olympiakos football clubs plans to sign Riquelme, Nesta, Buffon and Ronaldinho...

Add the facts that it just a friendly game and that Greeks are well known glory hunters, couldn't care less for their best National Team, the basketball one that is, but when there is an international title at stake they can sell out the 20 000 capacity OAKA in 2 days to watch women's handball National Team win the Balcan Cup by beating the mighty Albanian giants...

And last, but not least... Clubs are over National Teams for 90% of the Greeks... me for example...
              That about clears exactly the situation in Greece. About bball in germany many people root for other NTs rather than the german one. Not the case in football though
              sigpic

The basketball shop.

https://www.interbasket.net/forums/s...-Obradovic-Era

Comment

I prefer NT, because it is only good thing that Lithuania has. Also it not depends on team budget - money (except Ilgauskas case). Also it not depends on team management so much.

Great to see Talents of our nation who play not for the money.

I think it also depends where are you from. For example I believe every French prefer NT more than a club, because there are no good clubs in France. The same for Slovenia - magnificent NT, but no good clubs. For Americans I think they will prefer NBA club instead of NT. 8 years in a row they got theyr asses kicked by international team, so they just don't believe in NT, and in NBA games there are more faked dunks to enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by mvblair
                  Personally, I've never been a big fan of our basketball NT. Dream Team II kind of turned me..,D
                  How can you be against a team featuring Shawn Kemp, Shaquille ONeal and Mark Price???
                  Unicajism (or Unicajian Performance Fluctuation Syndrome: UPFS) in all its glory

Comment

Personnally, I don't really care. I like to see good game, and suspens.
                    I love to support teams against France, especially football in order to turn my roommate mad...
                    It's a bird? It's a plane? No, it's Rudy!

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information