Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yes I Found It!!! The China Vs Puerto Rico Fight Video!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes I Found It!!! The China Vs Puerto Rico Fight Video!!!

AFTER YEARS OF SEARCHING SINCE I JOINED INTERBASKET I FINALLY FOUND IT!!!!!!!!
    ONE OF THE REASONS WHY I STUDIED CHINESE SO I CAN GO TO CHINESE WEBSITES AND SEARCH USEFUL JUNK!!!
    anyways many yrs agow e only hd a glimpse of news and photos but never the fight on video..... well today kids u will see the video in live and living color!!!

well it is not on youtube, but a copy of it called youku.com

i dont know how to tag it like youtube but i can provide u the link.
    god i need to go smoke some shisha now im so hyped up about this!!!

without further a due here is the link

puerto rico vs china in a FIST OF FURY fight....seriously though whats up with chinese fans and their behaviors... let the players solve the problems on court...god it would be embarassing to see chinese fans doing something like this in the olympics. my 2 cents

anyways here it is

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_ca00XMjI0NzI0.html

if anyone knows how to tag it like a video youtube style on interbasket please feel free to do it/. also add any other info u want!!!

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_ca00XMjI0NzI0.html
    "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

legendary!

Comment

it remember me about the fight btw China vs Lebanon in Asia 2001.
      When we surprised them in a tough game,they lost their mind,Zhu Fangyu used a scissors 3 of our NT players were injured where ?? in their face !
      Proud to be Lebanese
      www.arabasket.com

Comment

cant blame the chinesse fans
        puertorricans would have behaved much worse
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by daniab
          it remember me about the fight btw China vs Lebanon in Asia 2001.
          When we surprised them in a tough game,they lost their mind,Zhu Fangyu used a scissors 3 of our NT players were injured where ?? in their face !
          No Zhu Fangyu in NT back then ...

Actually China had a comfortable lead and end-of-bench player Zhang Cheng got into a scruffle with a Lebanese player late in the game. Then everybody from both teams (except "nice" guys like Yao Ming and Wang Zhizhi who were just watching from a distance) got involved. Someone (by all accounts Li Nan?) snatched a pair of scissors that were used to cut his bandage wound but I don't think he used it. The game was in Shanghai, and fans as usual started to throw bottles one of which hit Joe Vogel's bald head and he started bleeding.

It was no friendly game like China-Puerto Rico, it was actually an earlier game at FIBA Asia Championship. FIBA, who was then headed by Carl Ching Men Ky who happened to be Chinese (from Hong Kong) made a decision of only suspending one player -- rarely used Zhang Cheng who happened to be the instigator but was nowhere to be found when the fights broke out -- for the remaining games, outraging the Lebanese (and other Arabs?). China NT itself handed out heavy fines for the four biggest "fighters", Li Nan, Liu Yudong, Fan Bin and MenkBateer, who except for Menk Bateer all came from the Army Club...

Incidentally in the 2005 China-Puerto Rico fight, Army guys Li Nan and Mo Ke again were at the forefront
          aim low, score high

Comment

http://www.asia-basket.com/events/ac/ac01.asp
            Recap from asia-basket (Taiwan's Chris Wang?), probably not entirely accurate, but oh well
            Lebanon – China 76-87
            (Fadi El Khatib 20, Rony Fahed 10 – Wang Zhizhi 23+10reb, Hu Weidong 15, Li Nan 10, Liu Yudong 10, Yao Ming 10)

The game between China and Lebanon, which China won 87-76, ended in the biggest brawl in ABC Championship history. In the bench clearing fight that also involved numerous fans, at least three Lebanon players were injured and taken to the hospital. Both teams are waiting for further announcement and punishment from the Asian Basketball Confederation. Emotions ran high in the whole game, in which you can see coaches of both teams screaming at refs and players throwing cheap-shots again and again at each other. With two seconds remaining and the outcome set, the worst thing happened. First-time Chinese NT member Zhang Cheng threw punches at one of the Lebanon guard and the two began fighting. Immediately players from two teams poured onto the court to join the brawl. Chinese forward Liu Yu-dong also confronted Lebanon center Joe Vogel at the center court. To support their home team, crowds began throwing mineral water bottles and other objects at Lebanese players with no mercy. Within minutes, the whole stadium exploded into a war zone. The most unbelievable thing is, due to the lack of securities, the fight lasted more than 10 minutes. It's said that either Liu Yu-dong or Li Nan picked up a scissor from team trainer and tried to stab the Lebanese players. Finally both teams finally were taken to the locker room. And the post-game press conference was cancelled. Lebanon head coach Johnny Neumann complained to the media and threatened pulling out of the tournament if the ABC failed to provide 100% security. After the protest from the Lebanese side, ABC president Ching Men-ky said he will decide the final punishment after the technical committee completed the investigation report.

China's rookie NT member Zhang Cheng was suspended for two games because of initiating the confrontation between China and Lebanon team in the previous day's competition, the ABC announced on July 24. Lebanon's guard XXX was also "severely reprimanded" by the ABC. However the ABC takes no action on Liu Yu-dong and Li Nan, both of whom accused stabbing Lebanon players in the confrontation with a scissor. In the bench-clearing brawl, four or five Lebanese players were taken to nearby hospital because of injury. Joe Vogel had seven stitches on his forehead while XXX had five stitches. ABC's announcement was harshly criticized by media from various countries. Observors said ABC president Ching Men Ky picked the easy road by suspending only Zhang Cheng because he doesn't want to mix it up with hosting China.
            aim low, score high

Comment

If my memory serves me right the above might have been the worst known brawl in the history of basketball.
              Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
              Artificial Nature

Comment

HAHAHA..... the first hard punch was hatton?
                Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
                16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
                Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
                8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

Originally posted by PRSURF
                  HAHAHA..... the first hard punch was hatton?
                  Escalera
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah... its more exciting when the fights are in int'l tournaments...
                    NEW ORLEANS HORNETS 2008

Comment

Wow! I think I remember everybody trying to find a video of this when it happened, back before the Youtube days...This was a huge scandal. I remember people saying that all future international games would be in neutral countries.

I can't tell who is who in the PR/China brawl. Who is #1 for PR? Is it Narvez? He didn't really do anything that bad. I think Yi really overreacted. Is Cotto the guy who then punches #7 for China? Why did he punch him?
                      "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

i dont know man, but i do know li nan is known as the microwave in china because of his bad temper

Originally posted by mvblair
                        Wow! I think I remember everybody trying to find a video of this when it happened, back before the Youtube days...This was a huge scandal. I remember people saying that all future international games would be in neutral countries.

I can't tell who is who in the PR/China brawl. Who is #1 for PR? Is it Narvez? He didn't really do anything that bad. I think Yi really overreacted. Is Cotto the guy who then punches #7 for China? Why did he punch him?
                        "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

How about a harder to find video of Yao getting called for a foul then he chases after the ref from one end of the court to the other screaming at him. It was an international match between the Sydney Olympics and his NBA debut I think. Can you find that?

Comment

vs who?!?!

Comment

No idea. I just remember seeing a clip shown of Yao running after a ref at the end of the news.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information