Türk Telekom U16 Tournament 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Türk Telekom U16 Tournament 2008

The tournament is being played by U16 NTs and currently taking place in Turkey. The Final will be Greece - Italy (I think tomorrow, but don't quote me on that ), some of the games were/are being televised on TRT3 (Stream Link).

Greece just beat Turkey in the 2nd Semifinal with 78:87, behind 7 points by Thomas Tsalkitzis in the last 24 seconds. In the first Semifinal Italy beat France 84:81 earlier today.

Quarterfinals:

France - Slovenia 73:58
    Italy - Germany 86:80
    Russia - Greece 60:70
    Bulgaria - Turkey 53:84

Standings after the first round:

Group A:
    1. Germany 4-1
    2. Greece 3-2
    3. France 3-2
    4. Bulgaria 2-3
    5. Poland 2-3
    6. Croatia 1-4

Group B:
    1. Turkey 5-0
    2. Slovenia 3-2
    3. Russia 3-2
    4. Italy 3-2
    5. Ukraine 1-4
    6. Georgia 0-5

Here's the tournaments official homepage for more information and stats: http://ttt.tbf.org.tr/anasayfa.asp

Thumbs up for the coverage by the organizers, really good work so far

Greece won the tournament, beating Italy 82:68 in the Final, behind 26 points by Guard Giorgos Mavrogiannis.

Here are the last days results and the final standings:

Final: Italy - Greece 68:82
    Game for Place 3: France - Turkey 68:57
    Game for Place 5: Russia - Slovenia 61:70
    Game for Place 7: Bulgaria - Germany 58:65
    Game for Place 9: Poland - Croatia 58:78
    Game for Place 11: Georgia - Ukraine 57:75

Final Standings:

1. Greece
    2. Italy
    3. France
    4. Turkey
    5. Slovenia
    6. Russia
    7. Germany
    8. Bulgaria
    9. Croatia
    10. Poland
    11. Ukraine
    12. Georgia

Comment

Jarelle Reischel of Germany had a great tournament so far, could be a cornerstone for the U-16 in the european champs this year.
      ...he already plays with the senior-team of Frankfurt called Eintracht and is a great shotter already, although being only 15 years-old.

(Trifilli should know as a GSU-supporter)

I from Wisconsin!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Comment

I think these tournaments are nice from perspective of young players gaining experience at a more competitive level, but from my experience it's a long way for a 15-16 years olds to become a player, lots of them get lost untill they reach 20-22, only few "survive" playing for the U20 selection as well.

I'm glad Slovenia reached 5th place, since i got a bit scared lately by our U18 results... nevermind that at the age of 16 team perfrormance ussualy fluctuates a lot more than at later ages and next time when tournament would be played they could eventually end up 1st or 10th.
        Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
        That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

I couldn't help noticing this guy. 16 years old and 217cm tall...
          Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
          Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by Mojado
            Jarelle Reischel of Germany had a great tournament so far, could be a cornerstone for the U-16 in the european champs this year.
            ...he already plays with the senior-team of Frankfurt called Eintracht and is a great shotter already, although being only 15 years-old.

(Trifilli should know as a GSU-supporter)
            Ok, now I know that you're from Frankfurt as well. I'm no GSU-supporter though, although I have certain sympathies for them for obvious reasons.

As for Reischel: I've only seen him play once, so I'm not really in the position to judge about him, but he sure looked like a very talented youngster. The question is if Eintracht is the right place for him though. Tbh I'm not that high on their youth program. They are a good adress for kids from downtown, who don't want to drive that far and get attracted by the location of the club, but for the development of top talents I'd always prefer Langen, BBLZ and even Kronberg. My impression was that Eintracht is a bit chaotic, and offers a worse training and coaching staffs than these teams, but maybe I'm also too harsh on them here.

Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan
            I think these tournaments are nice from perspective of young players gaining experience at a more competitive level, but from my experience it's a long way for a 15-16 years olds to become a player, lots of them get lost untill they reach 20-22, only few "survive" playing for the U20 selection as well.
            Yes, of course. It's way too early to say which of these guys will make it in the end, who's going to be a top player, etc...
            However I like to watch these kind of games anyways (there was a live stream for some games), as you can see what the important cornerstones of each program are (I don't mean players here, but rather what the NTs game is based on), how fundamentally sound the players already are, which players have what kind of talents, and so on. But of course such tournaments results don't say too much about future success, both for the teams and the players.

Originally posted by rikhardur
            Yeah, I noticed him, too. Unbelievable size for that age, now he only needs to learn to use his body. Looking forward to see that kid at the AST in two years

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur
              Serbia has also a player that is 217cm tall and is from the 92 generation. His name is Nemanja Besovic. He is a Serb from Montenegro (born in Podgorica) and plays for Vojvodina Novi Sad now.

Comment

I apologise for reviving such an old story but has any friend saved the boxscores from these games?I'm mostly interested in Greek team's games because of Linos Chrysikopoulos.If anybody please PM me.Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by the_black_planet View Post
                  I apologise for reviving such an old story but has any friend saved the boxscores from these games?I'm mostly interested in Greek team's games because of Linos Chrysikopoulos.If anybody please PM me.Thanks in advance!
                  The website is still active will all the scores: http://ttt.tbf.org.tr/2008/anasayfa.asp
                  Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                  Artificial Nature

Comment

Thank you soooooooo much Rik!

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information