This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Championship 2014

Last edited by ArkadiosV2; 06-02-2010, 01:24 AM.

Originally posted by parso
    Gomelsky doesn't know @@@@ about basketball
    Originally posted by sseppel
    it's not asking too much for someone to know where the fuck he is.
    Originally posted by UMUT_FB_LAL
    Scola makes me wanna touch myself, no homo

the president of the Argentinean confederation talked about bidding for it a couple years ago... but i don't think he will.

Comment

NO NO Not spain! I don't want another tournament ruined.

Comment

This is gonna sound really stupid but I would like to see an African country host this...only because pretty much everyone would be far away from home, especially the top teams. If only they had great courts and arenas.
        "...I got the hand that will rock your craddle / cream you like cheese spread you on my bagel..." - Shaq

Comment

Angola or South Africa?
          Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
          16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
          Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
          8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

Originally posted by ArkadiosV2
            I can copy and paste your whole post and replace Africa with 'Eskimoes' and it wouldn't make a difference...
            You're exaggerating. Like PRSURF mentioned, South Africa or Angola could organise a WC, I don't see it that difficult to happen actually.
            Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
            Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by PRSURF
              Angola or South Africa?
              I think Angola can, they hosted last year's African Championships with decent stadiums (although clearly below Europe's or Asia's), plus they have the basketball tradition and the support of their government.

Comment

Originally posted by ArkadiosV2
                If only they had great courts and arenas... You are saying this as if it is just a minor detail...

I can copy and paste your whole post and replace Africa with 'Eskimoes' and it wouldn't make a difference...
                Angola has one decent basketball gym. We've played before in an amateur invitational sponsored by Caltex. Not too grand but fairly good enough for a tournament.

Comment

South Africa will be hosting the FIFA World Cup in a few years. If they can invest that much in football stadia, I don't think there's any reason they can't put up a decent basketball gym or two in Jo'burg.
                  Keep running, big boy.

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur
                    You're exaggerating. Like PRSURF mentioned, South Africa or Angola could organise a WC, I don't see it that difficult to happen actually.
                    You're right rik,but the organization was too bad.Many arabic countries can organize this event like Quatar,they have money,they have the asian federation plus they are hosting many international events.
                    Proud to be Lebanese
                    www.arabasket.com

Comment

Originally posted by daniab
                      You're right rik,but the organization was too bad.Many arabic countries can organize this event like Quatar,they have money,they have the asian federation plus they are hosting many international events.
                      Yes, I heard about that too. Hopefully a tournament with the dimension of a WC could gather them to organise it better.
                      I thought too about Arabic countries (including North African), they could be a good possibility.
                      Artificial Nature

Comment

For the FIBA Africa Championship Angola has constructed 4 brand-new, state of the art basketball arenas in the country, that will build a long lasting legacy for the sport in the country.

The Angolan basketball federation and their visionary leadership could become a role model for other federations in the region.
                        Artificial Nature

Comment

A Russian article about the latest NBA to Europe expansion discussed the matter with a French federation official, and he said that that a New arena is going to built in Lyon to fit NBA standards. I guess this arena will be the Final phase venue for the bid.

Comment

Denmark...

Originally posted by Fiba.com
                            FIBA is pleased to see an emerging basketball country such as Denmark joining the two perennial European powerhouses of Spain and France.

Comment

I hope France gets the organization.

Denmark... I have no comment for them.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information