• Waba cup {9till 16 march-Iran}

Teams from 6 countries:
    Lebanon {Riyadi,Blue Stars}
    Syria { Jalaa and El Ittihad Aleppo}
    Iran{Saba Batteri and Petrochimi}
    Jordan {Zain,Orthodox}
    Iraq { unknown but i think El Hilla}
    Yemen {still unknown}

*Riyadi will participate without Vogel,and that is the Fiba system which its not allowed to use 2 imports + 1 naturalized player and same for Zain-Jordan.

* Four teams will qualify to "Asia cup" which it will take place at 1 may in United Arab of emirates.

*Last year Saba won it,Jalaa 2nd and Blue Stars third.
    Last edited by daniab; 02-03-2008, 08:14 AM.
    Proud to be Lebanese
    www.arabasket.com

Originally posted by daniab
    Teams from 6 countries:

Iran{Saba Batteri and Mahram}
    NO
    Iran's second team is Petrocimi

Comment

[QUOTE=daniab]
      *Riyadi will participate without Vogel,and that is the Fiba system which its not allowed to use 2 imports + 1 naturalized player and same for Zain-Jordan.
      [QUOTE]

Then that means no Rasheim Wright for Jordan, right? This is interesting, I like to see if Jordan can with against Iran and Lebanon without Wright. Come to think of it, I noticed Jordan won most of their games in the Asian Championships at Japan thanks to Rasheim Wright.
      GILAS WISHLIST:
      6'8 Pingris

Comment

Originally posted by mohsena2631
        NO
        Iran's second team is Petrocimi
        Ah sorry Mohsen,10x for the correction.

Originally posted by interxavierxxx
        Then that means no Rasheim Wright for Jordan, right? This is interesting, I like to see if Jordan can with against Iran and Lebanon without Wright. Come to think of it, I noticed Jordan won most of their games in the Asian Championships at Japan thanks to Rasheim Wright.
        Well i think that Zain will take Rasheim Wright + another import,Rasheim is improving a lot,really he was very good and unstoppable in Dubai tournament,he was chosen as the best PG.
        Riyadi will choose Ismael Ahmad and Ace Custis as imports.
        Proud to be Lebanese
        www.arabasket.com

Comment

the host city is Mahshahr (99%) or Tehran (1%).
          --------------------------------------
          last year, Mahram finished on top of group A (saba on 3rd place !!!) and Petrochimi on top of Group B. and in semifinal Saba defeated Mahram 2-0, both matches in overtime, by big mistake of Pero Cameron in last second. in final saba bt Petro 2-0, first match in overtime and 73-72 at second.
          last year Saba, Mahram and Petro were really close. but i think Mahram was better than Petro , they did not face Mahram.

but last year, Petro had a stong roster, Robert Whaley (left to D-NBA), Saman Veisi (suspended), Aidin Kabir (left to Mahram), Saeid Tabeshnia (left to Saba), Alireza Honardoost (suspended) and Mehrad Atashi (left to Mahram)

this year Petrochimi finished on 7th place in regular season and in quarterfinal, they will play against Saba tomorrow.

Petro roster:
          Torraye Braggs (USA)
          Alvin Sims (USA)
          Javad Davari
          Ali Doraghi
          Reza Hengampour
          Ahmad Saeidi
          Heshmat Ayyoubi
          Vahid Azadi
          Mojtaba Bordbar
          Milad Mazrae
          Ali Amorinejad
          Ali Abolmaasoumi
          Coach: Mohammad Kasaeipour

Comment

Mohsen,can u provide us by some statistics for Alvin Sims,is he playing nice ?
            He was the best scorer in the lebanese league last year with 30 ppg,he led sagesse for the semi finals when Sagesse were playing with the youngster team and few old players.

Also i want to ask you,why the tournaments which it took place in iran,the coverage is bad??like Waba U17 last year which we couldn't have any results or even news about it ? and the asian cup also ?
            Proud to be Lebanese
            www.arabasket.com

Comment

Mohsen,can u provide us by some statistics for Alvin Sims,is he playing nice ?
              He was the best scorer in the lebanese league last year with 30 ppg,he led sagesse for the semi finals when Sagesse were playing with the youngster team and few old players.
              really? i never saw him as a good player.
              of course iran national TV often broadcast Tehran's matches and i can not see his play enough. maybe he can play better

Also i want to ask you,why the tournaments which it took place in iran,the coverage is bad??like Waba U17 last year which we couldn't have any results or even news about it ? and the asian cup also ?
              i can tell you 2 reasons.
              the first is clear, Football is everything in iranian sport media.
              for example we have 13 or 14 sport newspapers in iran they often have 16 pages, 14 pages for football (and futsal) 1 page for wrestling (because wrestling is our national sport) and 1 page for others (including basketball)

second reason: the coverage is not bad like you think, english coverage is bad, but in persian we can find the news and results easily in TV or news websites.

Comment

of course iran national TV often broadcast Tehran's matches and i can not see his play enough. maybe he can play better
                IN MY OPINION ALVIN SIMS ISNT THAT GOOD . HE PLAYS BUT I DONT THINK HE IS THAT GOOD.
                LEBANON IS THE BEST IN EVERYTHING EXCEPT IN POLITICS. GOD BLESS LEBANON MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMpS_hqf9ME

Comment

of course iran national TV often broadcast Tehran's matches and i can not see his play enough. maybe he can play better .
                  Come one now,Alvin Sims is a very good player,but maybe last year he made his average for the absence of the good players in Sagesse unlike this year.

second reason: the coverage is not bad like you think, english coverage is bad, but in persian we can find the news and results easily in TV or news websites.
                  Ok,but all the countries have website which it could be translate it for many languages like the lebanese one who is wriiten in english.
                  Last year,during Waba U17 and Asian cup we were waiting hours to knew the results,sometimes the results of non-lebanese games we should wait many days to got it as that the lebanese games were knew it by the newspapers.
                  Proud to be Lebanese
                  www.arabasket.com

Comment

Ok,but all the countries have website which it could be translate it for many languages like the lebanese one who is wriiten in english.
                    Last year,during Waba U17 and Asian cup we were waiting hours to knew the results,sometimes the results of non-lebanese games we should wait many days to got it as that the lebanese games were knew it by the newspapers.

oh ! sorry, many days? wow
                    iranians are very active in internet but only in persian language !
                    this is iranian style! if you want to know what happen in Iran , learn Persian
                    for upcoming tournaments, i will send the results 1 second before the matches

and maybe you can see some matches Live on Internet. Iran TV3 has always broadcast all of the iran's matches and you can your team if they play against an iranian team.

Comment

oh ! sorry, many days? wow
                      iranians are very active in internet but only in persian language !
                      this is iranian style! if you want to know what happen in Iran , learn Persian
                      for upcoming tournaments, i will send the results 1 second before the matches

and maybe you can see some matches Live on Internet. Iran TV3 has always broadcast all of the iran's matches and you can your team if they play against an iranian team.
                      Check this thread : http://forums.interbasket.net/showthread.php?t=4400
                      maybe it will give you a clear idea and yes we were waiting days to know some infos about the games.
                      Proud to be Lebanese
                      www.arabasket.com

Comment

Last news about Waba Cup next month:
                        -Rasheim wright got an injury,he will be absent for 3 or 4 months.
                        -Riyadi is negotiate with Jabari Smith and Tony Madision to join the team in Waba and Asia cup.
                        Proud to be Lebanese
                        www.arabasket.com

Comment

It will be very strong competition this year because Riyadi , Zen , Saba and Jalaa will participate on it

I feel sorry for Al-Ittihad becasue in the last match in the league
                          Jalaa won the match against them without Mischo with 12 point different

Tommy Smith will play for Jalaa with Samaki Walker in this competiton
                          Washington Tyrone and Jay Joseph will play for Al-Ittihad
                          Last edited by rikhardur; 02-24-2008, 01:05 PM. Reason: Posts merged: short time between consecutive posts

Comment

Welcome here Jalaa-Syria !!
                            Yes it will be a tough tournament,who will be the coach of Jalaa ? is Georges Petrovic as i heard ??
                            Proud to be Lebanese
                            www.arabasket.com

Comment

Welcome here Jalaa-Syria !!
                              Yes it will be a tough tournament,who will be the coach of Jalaa ? is Georges Petrovic as i heard ??

Yes Petrovic is Jalaa new coach he managed the team against Ittihad

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information