lebanese basketball situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lebanese basketball situation

5 years ago we were the best in the region ...
    iran syria jordan and all started to improve ..
    nowadays they have the same level as us and maybe better .. we just have riyadi that could compete agaainst anyteam .. but lets face it som3a and joe will not be able to give this level in upcoming years

world champ 2006 was the peek and now to back ... uae teams r getting also better ...
    all countries are nutralizing players and getting back players from argentina brazil and the Us .. in lebanon we hear there will be suck things but never happen

do u think leb bball will still compete after 3 years???

peace

First,welcome back Marko. and nice thread.
    Well,i may agree with some of what u said and disagree with the rest.U cant divide the basketball from what is happened in ur country and still happen.
    Maybe yes only Riyadi is able to compete and win outside and this is the case in almost the arabic countries.
    Like Jordan,Zain have all the NT's players.As u know,Sagesse team were absence for 2 years and now they are back to compete and build a team to win unlike the former years.
    The lebanese basketball,as for the administration is too weak,no money,no auditing,no supervision....
    Technically,absolutely the contrary.I have facts for it:
    -Attending the last WC U19 in Serbia.
    -Attending the WC for mens 2 times in a row.
    As for our clubs,riyadi is shining outside.

The conclusion,i'm not afraid for the future of the lebanese basketball.I'm afraid for the future of lebanon as a country.That is it,if the situation get relax i'm sure Lebanon will back better an better.
    Proud to be Lebanese
    www.arabasket.com

Comment

true
      but what u talked about lack of money is the problem .. coz other countries r getting better players and nutralizing players and were not

Comment

Originally posted by marko
        true
        but what u talked about lack of money is the problem .. coz other countries r getting better players and nutralizing players and were not
        Yea,all the countries are using lot of money like Iran,Jordan,UAE,Syria,Phlippine,China....
        Naturalizing players is not the solution marko,we naturalized Vogel in case that we have problem in Pos 5,now we must work and try to find players from lebanese origin like Matt freigeh,Tony Barbour and so many others.If we are obliged to naturalize,that's okey and this case is done by all the countries.

Btw Marko,you've said that other countries are getting better players,i'm not seeing any new players in Jordan,Syria or egypt.Iran,i agree they are developping fastly.
        Where is the syrian NT U19 ? same for Jordan ?
        While Lebanon is present in all the tournaments,and will be a part in the coming Asian champ U18 at Iran this september.
        Last edited by rikhardur; 01-28-2008, 11:36 AM. Reason: Posts merged: short time between consecutive posts
        Proud to be Lebanese
        www.arabasket.com

Comment

the only country i see is improving and on the same level with us and my be better is iran , syria jordan they only have one team (jalaa and zain) and look at their NT what exactly did they achive in the last 5 years?
          while iran have very good leauge strog teams and Nt and i see them as the only country thats headig the right dirction with us not improving but as daniab said we have alot of promising youngsters thats coming up and also hopefully we as country pass these tough time peacefully then investments and sponsers will be back in the game and we'll talk about getting players back from aboard

Comment

1- lebanon dont have young centers .. maybe we do .. but we dont have tall players .. since thwey r kids everyone is geetting used to play as a guard . they think its the coolest and grow up this way .. we really have lack of lebanese center ... im afraid well start being like korean type basketballl ...
            2- syria just got 3 syrian-argentinian players thats a push also to their NT
            3-jordan nutrilized rasheem and 3 years ago got back enver and sam ...

Comment

1- lebanon dont have young centers .. maybe we do .. but we dont have tall players .. since thwey r kids everyone is geetting used to play as a guard . they think its the coolest and grow up this way .. we really have lack of lebanese center ... im afraid well start being like korean type basketballl ...
              2- syria just got 3 syrian-argentinian players thats a push also to their NT
              3-jordan nutrilized rasheem and 3 years ago got back enver and sam ...
              1-right
              2-they aren't that good.
              3-All the countries are trying to find some players living abroad,from thse countries lebanon is one : Brian Bchara,Ali Mahmoud,Paul khoury,Sabah khoury.....
              Proud to be Lebanese
              www.arabasket.com

Comment

exactly these players r from the past era ... badna jded (tammi3in) btw wen paul khoury ?

Comment

exactly these players r from the past era ... badna jded (tammi3in) btw wen paul khoury ?
                  Paul khoury is 43 years old man
                  I bet he can play more than 1 min
                  Proud to be Lebanese
                  www.arabasket.com

Comment

tabi3e .. ken asdeh where he is .. ino in leb or us ?

Comment

tabi3e .. ken asdeh where he is .. ino in leb or us ?
                      hek i dont know,last time i heard that he lives now in USA next to his family.
                      Proud to be Lebanese
                      www.arabasket.com

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information