PDA

View Full Version : 2020 Men's Olympic Tournament

Pages : 1 [2]

Darrell Armstrong
08-02-2021, 07:15 AM
We really missed Juancho out there yesterday. He would have invaluable closing out shooters and boxing out. So close...

Anyway, three games left. Now there are only two options: ultimate glory, or go home empty handed.

Darrell Armstrong
08-02-2021, 07:18 AM
By the way, has someone mentioned Doncic's constant pouting and jawing with referees? He even went out of his way during timeouts to whine to them. Somehow never earned a technical. You can tell he played in Spain because he has perfected this technique which isn't used in any other place of the world.

Killer Bob
08-02-2021, 07:35 AM
By the way, has someone mentioned Doncic's constant pouting and jawing with referees? He even went out of his way during timeouts to whine to them. Somehow never earned a technical. You can tell he played in Spain because he has perfected this technique which isn't used in any other place of the world.

I have seen your coach whining to Luka in halftime, how he should have gotten 4th foul. ;) The whole Spanish D with just one goal to stop and provoke Luka. Just pathetic to play like that, while having a team like Spain, and like you said before the match, MVP candidate Ricky. I have never in my life seen someone playing zone for 40 minutes. You deserved to lose. Dimec&co destroying your star bigs. :D

Talking to referees is more Nba thing than Spanish. Everyone and especially stars are talking to them the whole match. Luka is leading in that department too, he obviously likes LeBron. :D

Darrell Armstrong
08-02-2021, 07:45 AM
I have seen your coach whining to Luka in halftime, how he should get 4th foul. ;) The whole Spanish D with just one goal to stop and provoke Luka. Just pathetic to play like that, while having a team like Spain, and like you said before the match, MVP candidate Ricky. I have never in my life seen someone playing zone for 40 minutes. You deserved to lose.

You deserve to lose for playing a particular defensive schema? Excuse me, but that's quite idiotic. The point I'm trying to make is Spanish players have bee roasted in this board for displaying the same, or even more restrained, attitude as Doncic. But he isn't.

Now you tell me a coach who isn't continuously talking and arguing with referees trying to get some advantage for his team. It's a part of their job.

Edited: oh, sorry. You said "whining to Luka". What does that mean? He was asking Luka to call a foul on himself?

Killer Bob
08-02-2021, 08:03 AM
You deserve to lose for playing a particular defensive schema? Excuse me, but that's quite idiotic. The point I'm trying to make is Spanish players have bee roasted in this board for displaying the same, or even more restrained, attitude as Doncic. But he isn't.

Now you tell me a coach who isn't continuously talking and arguing with referees trying to get some advantage for his team. It's a part of their job.

Edited: oh, sorry. You said "whining to Luka". What does that mean? He was asking Luka to call a foul on himself?

When they went out of the court in halftime, he was visible upset talking to Luka, explaining to him how he made his 4th, 3rd offensive foul, before halftime.

Yes, a team like Spain should have shown a little bit more than just denying others team star player. MVP candidate Ricky should have shown more than just bricking shot after shot. Your bigs should have shown more. Cacho, Abrines, Abalde...should have shown more. And finally your coach should have had plan B and tried to mix something. You have stopped Luka and have got destroyed by third tier players, who even didn't have good shooting night, just 31% for 3. In normal shooting night, Slovenia would have scored 110+ again. So yes, well deserved lost for Spain.

Adon
08-02-2021, 08:23 AM
A lot of flopping from Spaniards yesterday, as usually. It's sad to watch such a great team being an expert in such tactics.

HeinrichMohr
08-02-2021, 09:24 AM
To be honest, i thought before the game that Slovenia was a little more favourite than Spain so the final score is not really shocking for me. Yet, it's true that the box and one for such a long time was a bit risky when you have Cancar, Blazic and Prepelic in the corners and you know they can smash you three after three. On the other hand, speculating with "what if's" is a waste of time. Defending man to man more time would be better? Maybe, or maybe not and you lose by 20 like in 2017. After all, the game was very close and was decided in the very end by a very few details so stating that "Spain deserved to lose" is perhaps a bit too much.

Killer Bob
08-02-2021, 09:31 AM
To be honest, i thought before the game that Slovenia was a little more favourite than Spain so the final score is not really shocking for me. Yet, it's true that the box and one for such a long time was a bit risky when you have Cancar, Blazic and Prepelic in the corners and you know they can smash you three after three. On the other hand, speculating with "what if's" is a waste of time. Defending man to man more time would be better? Maybe, or maybe not and you lose by 20 like in 2017. After all, the game was very close and was decided in the very end by a very few details so stating that "Spain deserved to lose" is perhaps a bit too much.

Deserved to lose was in context that a big team as Spain, reigning world champions, should have played with more "balls". I have heard how going defender Ricky is, why don't give him a chance to proved it? Maybe not the whole match, but they for sure could have tried something else.

HeinrichMohr
08-02-2021, 09:42 AM
Deserved to lose was in context that a big team as Spain, reigning world champions, should have played with more "balls".

When they won in 2019 they weren't not even in the top 4 as USA, Australia, France and Serbia had better squads. They became competitive once again thinking that just defending better than your opponent is the only way as they haven't got the same offensive talent they used to have. So call me mad but i prefer that they keep in mind that they're not better than anyone, it's more healthy. Playing with more balls? You mean bouncing your testicles on the court?

Darrell Armstrong
08-02-2021, 09:42 AM
When they went out of the court in halftime, he was visible upset talking to Luka, explaining to him how he made his 4th, 3rd offensive foul, before halftime.

Yes, a team like Spain should have shown a little bit more than just denying others team star player. MVP candidate Ricky should have shown more than just bricking shot after shot. Your bigs should have shown more. Cacho, Abrines, Abalde...should have shown more. And finally your coach should have had plan B and tried to mix something. You have stopped Luka and have got destroyed by third tier players, who even didn't have good shooting night, just 31% for 3. In normal shooting night, Slovenia would have scored 110+ again. So yes, well deserved lost for Spain.

So, Scariolo talking to Doncic influenced the game in which way? How can you compare that to arguing with referees at timeouts? You can earn a technical for that, and Doncic didn't get one. Actually he got some superstar treatment, with several unclear calls going his way in the second half. Nothing out of the ordinary, I'm not complaining about that; just pointing out the double standard Spanish players are subjec to: had one of them dared complaining as much as Doncic did, he would be singled out in this board for that.

Just as an example, here you have a Greek complaining about Spain flopping in a completely unremarkable game (regarding to faking fouls), when he surely had nothing to say in 2013 when Tony Parker's magnificent flopping performance earned France a title.

Anyway, your list of reasons Spain deserved a loss for can be reversed and applied to Slovenia verbatim. It was a coin toss yersterday, had Abalde's last three pointer gone in, every point you make would be moot. What I was saying is, no one deserves a loss by playing within the rules. Zone defenses have weaknesses and strengths, and we experienced both yesterday. It's completely different than using questionable tactics like hacking opponents or intimidating them with hard fouls.

Killer Bob
08-02-2021, 10:11 AM
No, it didn't have any influence, but still funny to see coach whining to opponents. ;)

You started this conversations with complaining about Luka.

Darrell Armstrong
08-02-2021, 10:21 AM
No, it didn't have any influence, but still funny to see coach whining to opponents. ;)

You started this conversations with complaining about Luka.

Incorrect. I didn't complain about Luka. I complained about posters applying a double standard to Luka's antics. What he did is pretty normal for star players. Sometimes you earn a technical foul for that, sometimes you don't. It's no big deal. What I pointed out is no one even mentioned that. But have been Rudy who did the same, oh man, old posters would unearth their accounts just to post their outrage on such a dirty display of unsportmanship.

Killer Bob
08-02-2021, 10:26 AM
When they won in 2019 they weren't not even in the top 4 as USA, Australia, France and Serbia had better squads. They became competitive once again thinking that just defending better than your opponent is the only way as they haven't got the same offensive talent they used to have. So call me mad but i prefer that they keep in mind that they're not better than anyone, it's more healthy. Playing with more balls? You mean bouncing your testicles on the court?

I didn't expect to be that afraid of 1 player to play box and one whole 40 minutes.

Killer Bob
08-02-2021, 10:29 AM
Incorrect. I didn't complain about Luka. I complained about posters applying a double standard to Luka's antics. What he did is pretty normal for star players. Sometimes you earn a technical foul for that, sometimes you don't. It's no big deal. What I pointed out is no one even mentioned that. But have been Rudy who did the same, oh man, old posters would unearth their accounts just to post their outrage on such a dirty display of unsportmanship.

You started with, "By the way, has someone mentioned Doncic's constant pouting and jawing with referees? He even went out of his way during timeouts to whine to them. Somehow never earned a technical."

Btw, I admit that Luka whines a lot.

Darrell Armstrong
08-02-2021, 10:40 AM
You started with, "By the way, has someone mentioned Doncic's constant pouting and jawing with referees? He even went out of his way during timeouts to whine to them. Somehow never earned a technical."

Btw, I admit that Luka whines a lot.

Yeah, I said that and immediately joked that must be because of the time he spent playing in Spain, learning the ropes from Rudy and the Sergios... I think my intention was quite clear, to be honest: no spanish poster brought that up, in spite of all that whining being pretty obvious. Yet we have a neutral fan complaining about Spaniards flopping in the same game...

Buzissa
08-02-2021, 01:21 PM

Didn't know this side of Luka, I guess the star status caught up to him. For three quarters, all he did was complain to the refs after every single play or contact. And it paid off, in the second half you couldn't get near him and the refs would instantly blow the whistle.

IBN is showing its usual double standards when it comes to stars from Eastern Europe vs. Western Europe. I can imagine the comments if a Spaniard had similar behaviour...

The same posters that used to vilify NBA stars playing 'hero ball' in FIBA play, but when it's Luka it's all good...

Killer Bob
08-02-2021, 02:27 PM
Didn't know this side of Luka, I guess the star status caught up to him. For three quarters, all he did was complain to the refs after every single play or contact. And it paid off, in the second half you couldn't get near him and the refs would instantly blow the whistle.

IBN is showing its usual double standards when it comes to stars from Eastern Europe vs. Western Europe. I can imagine the comments if a Spaniard had similar behaviour...

The same posters that used to vilify NBA stars playing 'hero ball' in FIBA play, but when it's Luka it's all good...

Which eastern Europe are we talking about?

ChuckDiesel2
08-02-2021, 08:38 PM
Thought Sekulic thoroughly out-coached Sergio Scariolo too. Ballsy movie to put Luka back in with three fouls, loved the way he forced the ref to call a tech on Spain for having six players in the court. Everyone wants to give all the credit to Luka (and they should) but Slovenia is just really competent from top to bottom.

neo
08-03-2021, 02:46 AM
SLOVENIA first to Final 4 as expected by most

The next game of USA vs SPAIN will be lit.

Killer Bob
08-03-2021, 03:53 AM
Sometimes strange things happen in sports. If you just look at Slovenian roster, you could never guess how they play. I don't know how it will end, but at the moment this team looks like they cannot lose. Everything started with Luka, but we suddenly have 12 players, who will leave everything on the court and even more importantly they believe. Incredible staff.

ChuckDiesel2
08-03-2021, 03:57 AM
Sometimes strange things happen in sports. If you just look at Slovenian roster, you could never guess how they play. I don't know how it will end, but at the moment this team looks like they cannot lose. Everything started with Luka, but we suddenly have 12 players, who will leave everything on the court and even more importantly they believe. Incredible staff.

Glad to finally see you giving your (non Luka) countrymen a little credit! ;) It might look easy, but plenty of supporting casts/coaching staffs could still manage to get in the way of a star like Luka. Yours support and enhance him.

Killer Bob
08-03-2021, 04:09 AM
Glad to finally see you giving your (non Luka) countrymen a little credit! ;) It might look easy, but plenty of supporting casts/coaching staffs could still manage to get in the way of a star like Luka. Yours support and enhance him.

I know all those players the whole career and they're undoubtedly solid players, but far from first tier. Currently only 3 play in Euroleague, second tier clubs, and Cancar is bench warmer in Denver. For comparison, the whole Spain team is playing in Nba or the best Euroleague's club.

Fighting, heaving big heart, enjoining each other...no team is even close to them.

On the other hand Luka is 17:0 with NT. Slovenia before Luka has never won medal in big competition and has never qualified for Olympics. I believe that tells a lot too.

ChuckDiesel2
08-03-2021, 04:22 AM
Speaking of overachievers, credit to Germany too. They did very well to even get to the knockout stages. Very interested to see their future with a healthy roster + the addition of Franz Wagner.

madmax
08-03-2021, 05:14 AM
watching this Spain US game and if someone still tells me current NBA stars aren't manufactured products they need a good slap in their face to finally wake up lol

Killer Bob
08-03-2021, 05:18 AM
watching this Spain US game and if someone still tells me current NBA stars aren't manufactured products they need a good slap in their face to finally wake up lol

Yes, players as Booker are total joke. Go Spain!

Katastroika
08-03-2021, 05:23 AM
Spain broke down last 90s. This should be clear 10+ lead. US came back on individual quality of Durant after wild 3 that got them going.

US is playing criminally bad for their standards. Still huge favourite today and for tournament.

JGX
08-03-2021, 05:23 AM
Very lucky to be tied because we mostly played terrible. Or maybe Spain is lucky to be tied because the US missed a bunch of open threes and got no rebounds. Spain-US games are weird.

Shawshank
08-03-2021, 05:24 AM
fascinating to watch Usa chaos with spain discipline.

One question for me will spain veterans will have enough energy to hold on or veterans will get tired like at the end vs Slovenia game.

Adon
08-03-2021, 05:33 AM
US team is not too bad. Spain is pressing defensively and managed to frustrate them. USA cannot find rhythm and the confidence against Spains organized (European style ;) ) game. Will Spaniard veterans stay strong until the end?

Katastroika
08-03-2021, 05:36 AM
fascinating to watch Usa chaos with spain discipline.

One question for me will spain veterans will have enough energy to hold on or veterans will get tired like at the end vs Slovenia game.

This. Key question for me, too.

JGX
08-03-2021, 05:38 AM
Spain also locked in a tight handball quarterfinal with Sweden...which one are more people watching in Spain?

Buzissa
08-03-2021, 06:02 AM
These refs are a joke. The amount of soft fouls... Let the guys play!

eal
08-03-2021, 06:20 AM
Not sure why Garuba is getting so much time on court, he has been a liability offensively. Surely even a 41-year old Pau would be preferable?

MirkoD
08-03-2021, 06:20 AM
This. Key question for me, too.

well...answer is now obvious. As it was :)

Adon
08-03-2021, 06:22 AM
Well, Spaniard's fatigue and US team's superior athleticism was obvious in the second half. Well deserved victory for USA.

Shawshank
08-03-2021, 06:23 AM
Usa is playing better and better with every game.

Big game come KD 29pts

Buzissa
08-03-2021, 06:31 AM
Spain simply didn't have the individual talent to keep up with the US once they pulled away. Most key players are past their prime, but still put up a great fight.

Ricky Rubio playing like in his junior tournament days, 38 puntazos. He used to be tentative with his shooting ever since he turned pro, but playing with incredible confidence at the moment and hitting very difficult shots.

LuDux
08-03-2021, 06:33 AM
watching this Spain US game and if someone still tells me current Spain stars aren't manufactured products they need a good slap in their face to finally wake up lol

JGX
08-03-2021, 06:37 AM
Chapeau to Rubio, even though someone is going to be all "they were +9 without him". Rodriguez had a nice game too...Spain just has too many players that can't handle the fast pace for 40 minutes though.

Good sign that the US played their best ball of the tournament under pressure in the second half, we are starting to play the right style, hopefully we can do it for four quarters sometime. Need to have KD do his thing every game.

HeinrichMohr
08-03-2021, 06:50 AM
When you play a good first half but yet the Americans manage to tie the game 43-43, you know then it's a matter of time that they wake up and make their shooting count. That's the feeling i got at halftime.

Federoy
08-03-2021, 07:12 AM
I HATE this tournament format...and yeah, it's been talked about a lot on here, but there is no reason the USA and Spain should've met in the quarterfinals. Unfortunately, it's here to stay given that the NBA and Euroleague are against their star players playing extra matches for fear of injury.

Joško Poljak Fan
08-03-2021, 07:37 AM
I was a bit surprised that Spain didn't try with some exotic zone experiment vs. USA, after they played zone 40 minutes against Slovenia. With the way US were playing some break wasting them some seconds in the first 2-3 plays would be nice, not to mention US scored at will in the 3rd quarter, surely it wouldn't be that much of a risk.

Spain was too slow and too Rubio oriented, eventhough the way US stopped everyone else is pretty scary and it didn't seem much of a choice.

Germany is a pretty underated team, with good mobile bigs (and many more that didn't appear), but the game nowadays favours the teams with balance towards guards and Lo doesn't cut it, especially if Blažič is in a pitbull defensive mode.
In any way, great to reach the semifinals, but I have a feeling that in the semifinals, especialy against France, we'd need to play at least one gear up.

Bob, I disagree with the notion it's Luka and none else. There is no secret that Spain and France have a notably better individual level of players, but apart from those 2, which countries exactly are that superior to the perimeter with Prepelič, Blažič, Dragič? Some are at the same level, most not, none of those are stars either or as you say "1st tier", but it's not exactly those 3 wouldn't be playing in almost majority of european NT's.

Jon_Koncak
08-03-2021, 08:20 AM
I HATE this tournament format...and yeah, it's been talked about a lot on here, but there is no reason the USA and Spain should've met in the quarterfinals. Unfortunately, it's here to stay given that the NBA and Euroleague are against their star players playing extra matches for fear of injury.

I see nothing wrong with the format.It eliminates the shameful tanking and manipulation that was goin on in previous tournaments.One change i'd make is that i wouldn't put the "teams from same group can't be drawn against each other" restriction.Australia for example topped their group and earned their right to face Germany in quarters,what does it matter if they were in the same group.

People have different opinions about the formats but i don't like the one used in most team sports and in Basketball until this year.Teams play 5 group games only for two out of six to be eliminated and then it doesnt really matter because it all comes down to a single game in the quarterfinals.If you want to return to groups of six you got to give more of a reward to teams that finish first.Personally i'd be in favor of top 2 of each group qualifying straight to the semis.Teams that finished 3rd-4th could play for 5-8 positions and that's it.

Killer Bob
08-03-2021, 08:33 AM
I was a bit surprised that Spain didn't try with some exotic zone experiment vs. USA, after they played zone 40 minutes against Slovenia. With the way US were playing some break wasting them some seconds in the first 2-3 plays would be nice, not to mention US scored at will in the 3rd quarter, surely it wouldn't be that much of a risk.

Spain was too slow and too Rubio oriented, eventhough the way US stopped everyone else is pretty scary and it didn't seem much of a choice.

Germany is a pretty underated team, with good mobile bigs (and many more that didn't appear), but the game nowadays favours the teams with balance towards guards and Lo doesn't cut it, especially if Blažič is in a pitbull defensive mode.
In any way, great to reach the semifinals, but I have a feeling that in the semifinals, especialy against France, we'd need to play at least one gear up.

Bob, I disagree with the notion it's Luka and none else. There is no secret that Spain and France have a notably better individual level of players, but apart from those 2, which countries exactly are that superior to the perimeter with Prepelič, Blažič, Dragič? Some are at the same level, most not, none of those are stars either or as you say "1st tier", but it's not exactly those 3 wouldn't be playing in almost majority of european NT's.

I don't know, if they would have made roster, but they for sure wouldn't have roles as important as in Slovenia. Same goes for Euroleague's teams. They're fringe Euroleague players, not really interesting for big clubs. Prepelic was 1 season in Real, but didn't really get a chance and was quickly sent away. I agree that they look very well this year, but they benefit a lot from playing with Luka. Firstly because all the opponents attention is on Luka and secondly because Slovenia is rolling. So yes, it's a team not just Luka anymore, but that team was impossible to build without Luka.

Killer Bob
08-03-2021, 08:38 AM

Why not? If Spain had won their match with Slovenia, they wouldn't have met. If USA was first in their group, chances of a match between them would have been smaller. I don't see a problem.

Killer Bob
08-03-2021, 09:46 AM
Italy shooting 21% for 3. :confused:

Joško Poljak Fan
08-03-2021, 09:57 AM
I don't know, if they would have made roster, but they for sure wouldn't have roles as important as in Slovenia. Same goes for Euroleague's teams. They're fringe Euroleague players, not really interesting for big clubs. Prepelic was 1 season in Real, but didn't really get a chance and was quickly sent away. I agree that they look very well this year, but they benefit a lot from playing with Luka. Firstly because all the opponents attention is on Luka and secondly because Slovenia is rolling. So yes, it's a team not just Luka anymore, but that team was impossible to build without Luka.
Yeah, they're fringe euroleague players, none of them are all round players either and each and every one of them with glaring weaknesses you can't miss. However there are very few europeans that aren't fringe in that aspect. And I'll dare saying a notable portion/thanks for some of those players developing into stars are the domestic quotas some teams were forced or prefered to use.
For example Isaiah Cordinier, if France had 3 teams in euroleague, it wouldn't be realistic he would not be an euroleague player. If he was Spanish, I believe he would also likely already play in euroleague as well, not to mention numerous understacked countries. If Cordinier was Belgian, Slovenian, Latvian, Polish, Croatian or coming from other non-EL country, he would likely still get there, but would have to show some % more than some native player.
That's one example, I am also a big fan of Pajola, but that would be a lenghtly conversation, he is still young and he'll eventually grow into a first tier with Virtus imo.

The thing is, there are just so few european guards, even 2nd tier ones, that the backcourt listed above surprisingly isn't even remotely bad in these NT competitions.

Than there are differences between NBA and fiba bball, that makes me wonder if every NBA player is automaticaly a star in fiba competition. Of course, Ntilikina is the first one to come to mind. Čančar and Mannion in the opposite direction.

And of course whole Slovenian team heavily benefits from Dončič. As they did from Dragič. But than again, they also won the eurobasket without both of them in the last minutes. Might be a fluke, but respectable nevertheless.

Dtown
08-03-2021, 10:10 AM
France survives a surprising fight from Italy setting up a great France/Slovenia matchup.

Killer Bob
08-03-2021, 10:13 AM
Italy could have easily won that, but not with shooting like that. France with 20 TOs pretty bad too.

reamily
08-03-2021, 10:41 AM
You will feel the wrath of this format if the prime Lithuania, Serbia and Greek teams had qualified

greenarcher
08-03-2021, 10:54 AM
USA vs Australia will be tougher than France or Slovenia

Killer Bob
08-03-2021, 11:09 AM
You will feel the wrath of this format if the prime Lithuania, Serbia and Greek teams had qualified

In Qs you supposed to have some favourites going against each other, no matter what format is.

Killer Bob
08-03-2021, 11:11 AM

Didn’t France just beat them? Two times in a row. ;)

neo
08-03-2021, 11:56 AM

if luka will not be disqualified by 5 fouls or thrown out by technical fouls for jabbing d refs, slovenia has a decent chance against USA.

yah, 2016 australian team really made life difficult for USA Team A.

USA has Team B+ now but d current australian team does not have d nastiness of their 2016 team. USA has d advantage here.

neo
08-03-2021, 12:00 PM
In Qs you supposed to have some favourites going against each other, no matter what format is.

what's ur grade of mavs' free agent signings so far?

YugoSanchez
08-03-2021, 12:28 PM
If you combine Delladova's and Ingles' DNA you may get a decent 3p-shooting form in the end.

Killer Bob
08-03-2021, 12:28 PM
what's ur grade of mavs' free agent signings so far?

It looks business as usual. Big expectations and then just some backup plan.

1. I like a lot Josh being traded away. Moses Brown looks like a solid prospect, but I doubt very much he will get a proper chance.

2. Lowry was always going in Miami, so maybe getting Dragic looks the best possible outcome. Toronto might be content with getting Powell. I would have been ok with that.

3. Bullock, S. Brown look like solid players, but again not game changers.

4. Bringing back THJ for 74 was expected and a must after Lowry not coming.

If KP doesn’t suddenly turn to be old himself, another wasted year. Mavs have the same problems like last year, no proper big, not enough wing D and if they don’t get Dragic, no improvement in guards.

neo
08-03-2021, 01:04 PM
It looks business as usual. Big expectations and then just some backup plan.

1. I like a lot Josh being traded away. Moses Brown looks like a solid prospect, but I doubt very much he will get a proper chance.

2. Lowry was always going in Miami, so maybe getting Dragic looks the best possible outcome. Toronto might be content with getting Powell. I would have been ok with that.

3. Bullock, S. Brown look like solid players, but again not game changers.

4. Bringing back THJ for 74 was expected and a must after Lowry not coming.

If KP doesn’t suddenly turn to be old himself, another wasted year. Mavs have the same problems like last year, no proper big, not enough wing D and if they don’t get Dragic, no improvement in guards.

kings re-signed holmes for below market expectations. he could have been d best signing outside of THJ.

I am hoping they could use the 10 million trade exception they got from d josh trade for a starter-lite material in center or pf.

madmax
08-03-2021, 01:21 PM
Australia will have a better chance against US than Spain did for a simple reason that they are younger, more athletic version of the spanish team and shouldn't run out of gas in the second half of the game. It will be a close game either way and if not for FIBA cheat code Durant, I'd give aussies better odds to win imo

Killer Bob
08-03-2021, 01:28 PM
kings re-signed holmes for below market expectations. he could have been d best signing outside of THJ.

I am hoping they could use the 10 million trade exception they got from d josh trade for a starter-lite material in center or pf.

Lowry, Collins, Holmes...all gone, I’m not very optimistic about something major happening. Dragic might be old and too expensive, but it looks he could be the biggest upgrade, if they can get him. I believe KP will get last chance this year, and I wouldn’t be too surprised, if they eventually trade him around trade deadline, if he doesn’t show much improvement. His value is low, but sometimes you have to move on.

Serbian_Layup
08-03-2021, 01:37 PM
How come not any of Euroleague top teams went after Fontecchio? What a great shooter, it feels every single one of his shots is going in, superb shooting form.

Argentina was supposed to be way tougher than this despite their lack of talent.

My opinion about Slovenian guard rotation outside of Doncic depends on context. If they are playing alongside Doncic, then great, all of their strengths (which is mostly shooting) will be absolutely maximized. If they are asked to create a little bit or if they are playing with not so great passing guards, then they won't be nearly as good as they are in this situation. So, when put into right position which emphasizes their strengths they are good. When they have to do more of a ballhandling job they become not so good. I mean, looking into their box scores this tournament there is a reason why Dragic, Blazic, Prepelic and even Cancar are capable to randomly every other night any of them score 20+ points. That's not the case with their teams in Euroleague, it happens rarely.

Shawshank
08-03-2021, 01:47 PM
As neutral basketball fan i just want to say thank you for all the memories to fiba basketball true legends:

great Pau Gasol and great Luis Scola

to show such pride and heart representing their country for literally 2 decades both legends was one of kind in their own right.

juli_rc
08-03-2021, 02:23 PM
Scola 20 years with Argentina:

#3 1999 Americup
#1 2001 Americup
#2 2002 Worldcup
#2 2003 Americup
#1 2004 Olympics games
#4 2006 Worldcup
#2 2007 Americup
#3 2008 Olympics games
#3 2009 Americup
#5 2010 Worldcup
#1 2011 Americup
#4 2012 Olympics games
#3 2013 Americup
#12 2014 Worldcup
#2 2015 Americup
#8 2016 Olympics games
#2 2017 Americup
#2 2019 Worldcup
#7 2021 Olympics games

He never decline the call to play for Argentina...

Straight forward
08-03-2021, 02:37 PM
My opinion about Slovenian guard rotation outside of Doncic depends on context. If they are playing alongside Doncic, then great, all of their strengths (which is mostly shooting) will be absolutely maximized. If they are asked to create a little bit or if they are playing with not so great passing guards, then they won't be nearly as good as they are in this situation. So, when put into right position which emphasizes their strengths they are good. When they have to do more of a ballhandling job they become not so good. I mean, looking into their box scores this tournament there is a reason why Dragic, Blazic, Prepelic and even Cancar are capable to randomly every other night any of them score 20+ points. That's not the case with their teams in Euroleague, it happens rarely.

Luka makes others better and also all players are playing with fire in the NT. It's obvious that the atmosphere is great and that makes many players step up in terms of effort and willingness (Lithuania always had that factor with players like Kalnietis, Seibutis, Kleiza and many others). But at the same time I would surely exclude Prepelic, even last season he had 4 +20 games and 3 18pts games in EL, he's a scorer (lifted Slovenia in 2017 big time as well). Closely looking Dragic has been playing for above average EL clubs for 7 seasons. Cancar, IMO, is better than his Nuggets records show, he has been a prospect and now he's a player and likely not all that bad. Players as Blazic and Tobey are also solid. SLovenia will be a powerhouse as long as Doncic will be dedicated.

neo
08-03-2021, 02:41 PM
Lowry, Collins, Holmes...all gone, I’m not very optimistic about something major happening. Dragic might be old and too expensive, but it looks he could be the biggest upgrade, if they can get him. I believe KP will get last chance this year, and I wouldn’t be too surprised, if they eventually trade him around trade deadline, if he doesn’t show much improvement. His value is low, but sometimes you have to move on.

I am ok with THJ over lowry. if we are looking for an nba playoff veteran, green is still available (but mavs have too many wings now and he's probably going back to lakers or will try d heat). same with derozan.

it's d frontcourt that needed help. but their only reported big man move was for portis who re-upped with d bucks.

they are missing an nba-level tobey archetype, a physical big who can space d floor, play defense, and still be able to throw down lobs from luka. indeed, mavs are probably betting on a unicorn resurgence.

Hepcat
08-03-2021, 04:53 PM
Australia will have a better chance against US than Spain did for a simple reason that they are younger, more athletic version of the spanish team and shouldn't run out of gas in the second half of the game. It will be a close game either way and if not for FIBA cheat code Durant, I'd give aussies better odds to win imo

I'm pulling for the Aussies.

:)

Hepcat
08-03-2021, 04:55 PM

#1 2001 Americup
#2 2002 Worldcup
#2 2003 Americup
#1 2004 Olympics games
#4 2006 Worldcup
#2 2007 Americup
#3 2008 Olympics games
#3 2009 Americup
#5 2010 Worldcup
#1 2011 Americup
#4 2012 Olympics games
#3 2013 Americup
#12 2014 Worldcup
#2 2015 Americup
#8 2016 Olympics games
#2 2017 Americup
#2 2019 Worldcup
#7 2021 Olympics games

My full respect! Scola has been a real credit to the game.

:cool:

usagre
08-03-2021, 05:00 PM

#1 2001 Americup
#2 2002 Worldcup
#2 2003 Americup
#1 2004 Olympics games
#4 2006 Worldcup
#2 2007 Americup
#3 2008 Olympics games
#3 2009 Americup
#5 2010 Worldcup
#1 2011 Americup
#4 2012 Olympics games
#3 2013 Americup
#12 2014 Worldcup
#2 2015 Americup
#8 2016 Olympics games
#2 2017 Americup
#2 2019 Worldcup
#7 2021 Olympics games

Even more amazing than his dedication is his durability. Not a single off season injury that would sideline him over a 20 year stretch is amazing.

Ps. I am pretty sure he was on the ‘99 America’s team as well. I might be mistaken but I think I remember him playing against the US.

ChuckDiesel2
08-03-2021, 05:40 PM

#1 2001 Americup
#2 2002 Worldcup
#2 2003 Americup
#1 2004 Olympics games
#4 2006 Worldcup
#2 2007 Americup
#3 2008 Olympics games
#3 2009 Americup
#5 2010 Worldcup
#1 2011 Americup
#4 2012 Olympics games
#3 2013 Americup
#12 2014 Worldcup
#2 2015 Americup
#8 2016 Olympics games
#2 2017 Americup
#2 2019 Worldcup
#7 2021 Olympics games

Legend. Small nitpick, he didn’t play in 2017.

Joško Poljak Fan
08-03-2021, 05:46 PM
I was worried if Campazzo and Laprivitola retire, who the hell will pass the ball to Scola!?

Seems like eternity from that Tau Ceramica team with Scola, Oberto, Bennet, *tombergas, Timinskas, Foirest playing with Manu's Virtus Bologna, fully stacked with legends... those, to me, were the best times of european club basketball.

reamily
08-03-2021, 05:58 PM

But in this format theres only one qf matchup tgat spark interest and it is also quite lopsided imo..

juli_rc
08-03-2021, 06:00 PM
Legend. Small nitpick, he didn’t play in 2017.

Yes, but was part of the 12 man roster (injury).

juli_rc
08-03-2021, 06:05 PM
Even more amazing than his dedication is his durability. Not a single off season injury that would sideline him over a 20 year stretch is amazing.

Ps. I am pretty sure he was on the ‘99 America’s team as well. I might be mistaken but I think I remember him playing against the US.

You're right. I edit the post.

Killer Bob
08-03-2021, 06:08 PM
But in this format theres only one qf matchup tgat spark interest and it is also quite lopsided imo..

Serbia, Croatia, Lithuania and Canada all had home court advantage to be here. It’s their fault not fault of the format.

juli_rc
08-03-2021, 06:16 PM
Argentina finish 7th. Poor game play, poor defence, bad shooting, very horrendous play. The new format and the draw help us to be in th QF.

With this awful level and the old system (2 groups of 6), may we should not finish top 8 (maybe if Japan/Iran and Czecs Rep was on our group...)

Katastroika
08-03-2021, 06:16 PM
GREAT RESPECT TO LUIS SCOLA! Basketball giant from fantastic sports country. You will be missed, Luis.

reamily
08-03-2021, 07:01 PM
Serbia, Croatia, Lithuania and Canada all had home court advantage to be here. It’s their fault not fault of the format.

USA lose a game here against france and Canda lost in a buzzer beater, yeah its their fault to lose one game and go out. Its just that USA has a amrgin of error that Lithuania and Canada dont have

JGX
08-03-2021, 07:24 PM

He even started against the US in the semifinal game to determine who qualified for the Olympics, while Ginobili and Nocioni were coming off the bench.

https://i.imgur.com/oY6aTR4.png

It's crazy how that team transformed over the next few years, Juan Espil was still their top scorer here.

juli_rc
08-03-2021, 10:22 PM
He even started against the US in the semifinal game to determine who qualified for the Olympics, while Ginobili and Nocioni were coming off the bench.

https://i.imgur.com/oY6aTR4.png

It's crazy how that team transformed over the next few years, Juan Espil was still their top scorer here.

Wow, USA roster with Duncan and Garnett!

Jazz
08-04-2021, 12:01 AM
Can anyone explain this? Is the men's bronze game really supposed to be held later in the day than the gold medal game? :confused:

https://olympics.com/tokyo-2020/olympic-games/en/results/basketball/olympic-schedule-and-results-date=2021-08-07.htm

Redgage
08-04-2021, 12:11 AM
I would of loved to see Jokic and Bogi in Team Serbia vs. Luka's Slovenian team

ChuckDiesel2
08-04-2021, 08:02 AM
Can’t wait to send the Aussies into their 348th consecutive Bronze medal game, where they’re perpetually fated to lose at the buzzer in some controversial fashion. Used to pull for them but lately there’s been too much chirping from Down Under. Also happy any time Andrew Bogut is not.

Killer Bob
08-04-2021, 08:33 AM
USA lose a game here against france and Canda lost in a buzzer beater, yeah its their fault to lose one game and go out. Its just that USA has a amrgin of error that Lithuania and Canada dont have

We always had qualifications. My point was that they had good chances to make it, especially playing at home. Croatia not beating Germany meams they didn’t deserve it. Czech Republic winning Canada tournament says a lot about others playing there. Serbia probably needed just Jokic. I kinda doubt that those teams would have been better in Olympics than those who made It. Lithuania might be unlucky to face Slovenia, but it could easily happened that Luka would have been still playing in NBA. You can make tournament with 4 more teams, but I would bet that Fiba gives place to few non basketball nations in this case.

Jon_Koncak
08-04-2021, 09:13 AM
Can anyone explain this? Is the men's bronze game really supposed to be held later in the day than the gold medal game? :confused:

https://olympics.com/tokyo-2020/olympic-games/en/results/basketball/olympic-schedule-and-results-date=2021-08-07.htm

Yes.I've read about it some time ago.I guess it has to do with USA broadcast rights.

Jazz
08-04-2021, 12:18 PM
Yes.I've read about it some time ago.I guess it has to do with USA broadcast rights.

Ok, thanks. That would explain it.

JGX
08-05-2021, 04:50 AM
US looking seriously rattled, much worse than against Spain. Someone should tell them it's against FIBA regulations for a team wearing green and yellow to win an Olympic semifinal.

JGX
08-05-2021, 05:02 AM
Damn. Would have been huge if Tatum had hit that three but we finally got some good looks late in the half. Thybulle helping us out on a couple plays, it's nice to have sleeper agents on other teams.

JamalJokic
08-05-2021, 05:27 AM
This Australian coach is really choking this game away. They lost control of the game and for some odd reason won’t call a timeout.

reamily
08-05-2021, 05:36 AM
Lol its Brian Goorjan he is good but he isnt a miracle worker when he coached in China

Adon
08-05-2021, 05:45 AM
Shock and awe :D

reamily
08-05-2021, 05:54 AM
Australias problem imo is that they dont have that offensive punch for he last 30 years of modern basketball

JGX
08-05-2021, 05:59 AM
Someone should tell them it's against FIBA regulations for a team wearing green and yellow to win an Olympic semifinal.

Never a doubt :D

Maybe we will win this thing playing fifteen good minutes a game.

Nice to see Booker have a strong game.

Shawshank
08-05-2021, 06:07 AM
every time Usa is down on score and in trouble Durant goes on his own run for 4-5minutes streach and after that others join and game is over.

Take away Durant from Usa there would be real chance winning.With such cheat code very unlikely when americans is locked in defensively like that.

JamalJokic
08-05-2021, 06:10 AM
Australias problem imo is that they dont have that offensive punch for he last 30 years of modern basketball

Agreed. Boomers rely heavily on Patty Mills for offense. If he’s off they’re screwed.
Also the Boomers coach did nothing to help his team win tonight. Literally threw up on himself in the 3rd when USA went on a run. Nick Kay had no business guarding KD but did nothing to help that match up. Australia needs to go find themselves a coach for the next big competition.

Adon
08-05-2021, 06:13 AM
Rocky Balboa style.

Joško Poljak Fan
08-05-2021, 06:17 AM
Impressive change in the second quarter for the US. From more or less individual attempts that Australia could defend into a really nice and simple passing game that is unguardable when facing such atleticism imo. Along with tightened up defense that was it. I don't think US can lose the gold.

Regarding the team assembly, I could think of point guards with better status in NBA, instead of Jrue Holliday, that would on the other hand make this team notably worse. Not sure how the selection process went on, but if the coaching staff had a say, I think you guys can give Popovich some credit.

reamily
08-05-2021, 07:12 AM
Well you have the so called superstar guards but jrue holiday prove that he is the most "complete" one

Shawshank
08-05-2021, 08:04 AM
Jrue Holiday is perfect all around sidekick for world best players like Giannis or Durant.

usagre
08-05-2021, 09:09 AM
Australia 41-26 first 15 minutes
USA 48-14 next 15 minutes.
Game over. Final 10 minutes garbage time.
Durant early kept USA alive, Booker broke game open in 3rd quarter and Holiday all around steady throughout. Australia missed Baynes were absolutely destroyed on the boards.

Dtown
08-05-2021, 09:46 AM
When this team gets rolling they are really unstoppable. Durant has been fulfilling all the promise put on him when he committed to this team, arguably the best FIBA player of all time.

Anyone know why the Slovenia/France game is on so much later? Woke up early to catch this game no spoilers and still have to wait for that one to start.

madmax
08-05-2021, 11:15 AM
is there any way Mavs could send KP to Valencia in exchange of bringing the great Mike Tobey to Dallas and start an NBA dynasty this way?:D

Katastroika
08-05-2021, 11:43 AM
Very good game so far. Intensity will rise significantly in second half. Very interesting to see intelligent game of Luka. Gobert plays good game but is literally torn between icing Luka after pick and dropping because of Tobey. Slovenia exposed it just once after assist of Prepelic.

Straight forward
08-05-2021, 12:18 PM
France is athletically and defensively more sound team. Slovenia needs more scoring punch from Doncic, but France doing a good job on him.

Straight forward
08-05-2021, 12:34 PM
Slovenians were saying Tobey won't be one of keys anyway :)

reamily
08-05-2021, 12:37 PM
Referees keeping Slovenia in this game, what an IQ fart by France

neo
08-05-2021, 12:50 PM
what a game

Straight forward
08-05-2021, 12:58 PM
Batum suddenly again super system role player and winning NBA teams want him again. I knew he has more in the tank than showed in his slump. De Colo, Fournier, Cabarrot (X factor), Huertel is an underrated backcourt. Probably second best in the tournament. De Colo might retire after this one as he's 34yo, but Fournier 28yo and Cabarrot 26yo. The addition Maledon and Killian Hayes (in the first place) will allow them to stay on the top in 20s without much of turbulences.

Doncic looked a bit warn out. Showed his magic again, but couldn't hit some of his shots, and that basically caused the loss. Anyway, Slovenia showed that as long as Doncic is playing, they are elite team and being among top 4 Olympic teams is huge for this first ever Olympic NT.

reamily
08-05-2021, 01:00 PM
Batum suddenly again super system role player and winning NBA teams want him again. I knew he has more in the tank than showed in his slump. De Colo, Fournier, Cabarrot (X factor), Huertel is an underrated backcourt. Probably second best in the tournament. De Colo might retire after this one as he's 34yo, but Fournier 28yo and Cabarrot 26yo. The addition Maledon and Killian Hayes (in the first place) will allow them to stay on the top in 20s without much of turbulences.

Doncic looked a bit warn out. Showed his magic again, but couldn't hit some of his shots, and that basically caused the loss. Anyway, Slovenia showed that as long as Doncic is playing, they are elite team and being among top 4 Olympic teams is huge for this first ever Olympic NT.

Now I think if Lithuania have somehow have perimeter and guard firepower they couldve pull it off against slovenia although this is imo an instance where homecourt advantage becomes homecourt pressure for lithuanians back then

Jazz
08-05-2021, 01:00 PM
That was a dramatic end to the game. Would have been great to see Slovenia in the final.

Joško Poljak Fan
08-05-2021, 01:23 PM
Some shots went wide, we didn't have the rebounding as we are used to and Luka was visibly tired in the fourth quarter as it was expected he'd be. Along with way too much focus on the referees. Even if they're doing their job badly, in their worst possible edition they're far better option for us than having Lamonica being there instead.

Congratulations France, fully deserved and hopefully they can pull out an upset in the finals!

Shawshank
08-05-2021, 01:23 PM
Luka 16pts+10reb+ 18!!!asissts...thats insane control of the game even if his shot wasnt falling.

Objective France was looking like deeper team and was leading all 2 half so better team won,but still Slovenia was very close to steal this game.

By far best game of the tournament.

Straight forward
08-05-2021, 01:54 PM
Already waiting for 2024 Olympics. 25/26yo Luka Doncic may be the best European player ever to play in Olympics. If Slovenia will add more talent in 3 years it's gonna be hard team to beat.

reamily
08-05-2021, 02:11 PM
Question now is will Cuban allow him to play in next year Eurobasket?

usagre
08-05-2021, 03:02 PM
USA a huge favorite in the Final. 12.5 points and 11 to 1 on the money line. Not a big surprise since they are peaking and hard to envision a team beating them twice in a row. And 3x in a row dating back to 2019 quarterfinal. USA/NBA teams have never lost in championship matches with a 9-0 record. You got get them early or forget it. I think that these great players look at it as Game 7 of the NBA finals and with that mentality the best of the best have always performed.

Great game between Slovenia and France. Only complaint in final possession if I am Luka I force up the final shot. I can sleep better and digest a loss knowing that I took the final shot with everything riding on it. No regrets. He will never say it but when you’re as good as him that will dance in his head and haunt him.

janketa
08-05-2021, 03:17 PM
Luka Doncic is probably the best player in the world, but De Colo is the king in Europe. What a player, amazing

usagre
08-05-2021, 03:19 PM
USA lost to France in ‘19 mainly due to Popovich blunders. He went small when his best possible option guarding Gobert was Myles Turner and he inexplicably sat Donovan Mitchell early in 4th quarter when he was red hot and subsequently lost his rhythm.

This years opener was not Popovich. Durant foul trouble and subsequent bad game and the fact that Booker and Holiday who by the way were USA’s other 2 best players in the semifinal against Australia had never played with this team a single minute prior to the game and were basically put on the court literally straight from the airport. With that said USA still controlled that game and blew it in the end.

I think USA wins in similar comfortable fashion to Spain and Australia games.

Dtown
08-05-2021, 03:24 PM
I'm already a little excited for Eurobasket next year. Hopefully with Lithuania, Serbia, Greece and Turkey involved this board will be a bit more active.

JamalJokic
08-05-2021, 03:33 PM
Already waiting for 2024 Olympics. 25/26yo Luka Doncic may be the best European player ever to play in Olympics. If Slovenia will add more talent in 3 years it's gonna be hard team to beat.

Nikola Jokic and Giannis have something to say about this.

usagre
08-05-2021, 03:41 PM
Despite poor shooting game by Doncic he was still phenomenal. Factor in the quality trio of defenders thrown at him of Batum, Cabarrot, and Ntilikina. Not even the US could throw an athletic defensive trio like that at a perimeter player.

Slovenian supporting cast did their part and then some but Dragic gave them nothing.

usagre
08-05-2021, 03:46 PM
Love the 10:30pm Eastern start time for Final. Had every intention of watching both quarterfinal and semifinal live but after midnight start times settled that. Getting too old.
Medal ceremony will be unique with Bronze game concluding about 8 hours after Gold medal game. If US loses hanging around all those hours for the ceremony and not getting on an immediate plane out of town would be a fitting and deserving punishment.

Jazz
08-05-2021, 04:41 PM
Luka Doncic is probably the best player in the world, but De Colo is the king in Europe. What a player, amazing

It's amazing to remember how much De Colo was being doubted in the Euroleague section at the end of last year.

ChuckDiesel2
08-05-2021, 06:50 PM
Luka’s on his way to being one of the all time greats but he’s just gotta get in better shape. Wears down in the second half of big games time and again. Stay away from that Slovenian cream cake and take note of the work Giannis put in to change his body.

Insant classic, congrats to both teams.

Killer Bob
08-05-2021, 07:22 PM
Luka’s on his way to being one of the all time greats but he’s just gotta get in better shape. Wears down in the second half of big games time and again. Stay away from that Slovenian cream cake and take note of the work Giannis put in to change his body.

Insant classic, congrats to both teams.

First congrats to France.

About Luka, his usage is insane in Nba and here. Not even LeBron or MJ had usage like that. If Slovenia had Goran, they would have been favourites to win it all. I believe Goran made big mistake. It would had been great end of his career.

ChuckDiesel2
08-05-2021, 07:44 PM
Ahhh the eternal “if” game after losses. Gotta love it. Luka’s gotta get in better shape, period. We have enough evidence.

Victorious
08-05-2021, 08:07 PM
If only Yugoslavia was united. What a squad they would have with Doncic, Jokic, Bogdanovic etc.

Doncic is probably the best basketball player in the world. FIBA basketball is the norm.

But that said, France is the only team which has a chance in beating the USA. Other than Serbia which is not participating in this tournament due to an unfair Olympics basketbal qualification schedule. France and Serbia are now the best teams in Europe.

Spain, always a joy to watch, will as of now be a team which can be beaten. Navarro and the Gasol brothers are history. Rudy, Rodriguez and Llull are getting older. The new generation is not an equal replacement.

Australia has probably its last chance in winning a medal at the Olympics. But another European team may stand on their way.

reamily
08-05-2021, 08:48 PM
Ahhh the eternal “if” game after losses. Gotta love it. Luka’s gotta get in better shape, period. We have enough evidence.

Imo this is his prime..metabolism will catch up with him.unless he has lebron like diet..

Killer Bob
08-05-2021, 09:34 PM

LeBron's highest usage in playoffs 33.8 %. Luka's 39.1%. Not even MJ had usage like that ever. He can get in better shape of course, but his usage is insane and not sustainable. It’s more or less the same problem in Mavs and Slovenia, they need secondary ball handler. Not necessarily a star, but someone to lower burden on Luka and leads second unit. I believe Goran would have been more than enough for easy win today. GORAN’s decision not to play looks very strange to me. I can understand, why he said that after Eurobasket, but a lot has change since then. Opportunity for lifetime wasted.

Killer Bob
08-05-2021, 09:53 PM
Imo this is his prime..metabolism will catch up with him.unless he has lebron like diet..

Nobody is in prime in 22. Luka has even more room for improvement that ninjas from USA. A little better shape, a little better shooting and a little better FTs and he will be more or less unstoppable.

Jazz
08-05-2021, 11:38 PM
To be fair, didn't Luka intentionally bulk up the last few seasons since joining the NBA out of necessity?

Nemanja95
08-05-2021, 11:53 PM
France is only good defensive team on tournament, partially except Usa. In Saturday, help to Usa will be loss in group phase France show high level but they are not on their maximum in comparison with past years. France is underdog I don`t except win in final of France, but they could compete with Usa on similar level like Spain 2012,who knows maybe win on the end. Almost whole World will support France on Saturday morning, of those who will be awake.

They are group of introverts, who are individuals but also it feels some kind of closeness and connection between players. Well rounded team conduct without losing individual personality and subjecting individual role. How that is possible ?

I think, best players do not misuse their status of basketball qualities to be over others in hierarchy. Batum is excellent example, Parker also was not ostentatious, DeColo play like individual but he also does not imposes to others. Everybody`s on their own place, that makes this story very well. Personally, France is my favorite nt except Serbia since 2003.

JGX
08-06-2021, 12:11 AM
If the US wins, in a way it will be the most impressive of all their gold medals and world championships, since it will be the one time they overcame real adversity in order to win the championship.

Trivia time: The 1986 World Championship was the only time the US has lost a game on their way to winning a major championship. Who did they lose to? Not one of the main suspects of the era.

usagre
08-06-2021, 12:46 AM
US was having a solid 17-8 3rd Quarter which in turn had flipped a 3point half time deficit into a 6 point lead at 59-53 with 2:35 to go. Durant at that point had scored 23 of the total US points. A 15-2 run in the final 2:35 keyed by 8 Devin Booker points for all intents and purposes ended the game and rendered the 4th quarter meaningless. Similarly France did it to the US with a 16-2 run to end the game in the final 3:40 in the preliminary round.

usagre
08-06-2021, 01:04 AM
Trivia time: The 1986 World Championship was the only time the US has lost a game on their way to winning a major championship. Who did they lose to? Not one of the main suspects of the era.

A shocking loss to Argentina in the group stage put the US in a tight spot. Had Argentina beaten Italy then the US would have been in a must win scenario against Yugoslavia to advance to the semis. I remember watching bits and pieces of this entire tournament on TBS as part of the inaugural Goodwill Games. It wasn’t till the 1990 tournament that I understood that it was actually some tournament called the World Championships.

Hepcat
08-06-2021, 01:59 AM
If only Yugoslavia was united. What a squad they would have with Doncic, Jokic, Bogdanovic etc.

"United" Yugoslavia was always a contradiction in terms.

Other than Serbia which is not participating in this tournament due to an unfair Olympics basketbal qualification schedule.

Serbia is not participating because they were beaten by Italy. Call that what you want, but it wasn't "unfair".

:rolleyes:

Hepcat
08-06-2021, 02:12 AM
To be fair, didn't Luka intentionally bulk up the last few seasons since joining the NBA out of necessity?

An athlete should bulk up in the weight room and not at the buffet table though.

Federoy
08-06-2021, 06:27 AM
A shocking loss to Argentina in the group stage put the US in a tight spot. Had Argentina beaten Italy then the US would have been in a must win scenario against Yugoslavia to advance to the semis. I remember watching bits and pieces of this entire tournament on TBS as part of the inaugural Goodwill Games. It wasn’t till the 1990 tournament that I understood that it was actually some tournament called the World Championships.

That 1990 GWG tournament was played in Seattle if my memory serves me right. Can't remember if we won a medal that year, but that same collegiate team went on to play at the 1990 FIBA World Championships in Argentina. I have grainy-imaged VHS tapes of the 1994, 1998, and 2001 GWGs gold medal matches. The 1998 game featured the US vs. Australia at Madison Square Garden...probably the best contest of the four short-lived tournaments.

Federoy
08-06-2021, 07:01 AM
USA Basketball is one of the rare examples in team sports where the sum of its parts are greater than the whole, and while this team has looked the part an of actual team at times (perimeter passing, backdoor cuts, use of screens...to a much greater degree than 2019 or 2016), when the US got down by 15 to Australia, it was Durant's individual brilliance that sparked his team to close to within 3 at the half and then of course the rest was history. At this point in time, we just have overwhelming individual talent that needs just enough time to mold in order to be competitive. We've gotten away with it since NBA pros entered international play. But for how long? There's going to come a day when our best won't be enough...that day could be tomorrow or 10 years from now, but at some point, we've got to start developing a team culture in the NBA like it was in the 1950s-early 90s. Year after year, the world is slowly chipping away. What if Durant was not on this team? What if Booker, Middleton, and especially Holiday decided they needed rest after the playoffs? What if someone is in a critical contract year and doesn't want to represent? I get that the NBA is star-driven and marketed as such, but American basketball at its highest level has to start grounding itself back to the basics. I see a painful future ahead. A victory over France tomorrow is like a cancer patient thinking he's healthy but not realizing he's in stage 2.

Shawshank
08-06-2021, 07:06 AM
That 1990 GWG tournament was played in Seattle if my memory serves me right. Can't remember if we won a medal that year, but that same collegiate team went on to play at the 1990 FIBA World Championships in Argentina. I have grainy-imaged VHS tapes of the 1994, 1998, and 2001 GWGs gold medal matches. The 1998 game featured the US vs. Australia at Madison Square Garden...probably the best contest of the four short-lived tournaments.

for years i wanted to see 1998 goodwill semifinal USA-Lithuania maybe you also recorded that game ? In Lithuania that game wasnt shown at all.

In youtube there is only 1998 goodwill bronze match LTU-Puerturico

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUkuy6KjmOY

Killer Bob
08-06-2021, 07:50 AM

Luka is not in perfect shape, but no player is asked to do so much. He basically is orchestrating every single possession while being defended by the best defenders, double teams, traps...And that is going on for 8 months.

Killer Bob
08-06-2021, 07:57 AM
An athlete should bulk up in the weight room and not at the buffet table though.

And that fat boy destroyed your Lithuania at home? That fat boy averaged 36/8/10 in playoffs, against the best wing defenders? Do you really believe that is possible?

MirkoD
08-06-2021, 08:35 AM
USA Basketball is one of the rare examples in team sports where the sum of its parts are greater than the whole, and while this team has looked the part an of actual team at times (perimeter passing, backdoor cuts, use of screens...to a much greater degree than 2019 or 2016), when the US got down by 15 to Australia, it was Durant's individual brilliance that sparked his team to close to within 3 at the half and then of course the rest was history. At this point in time, we just have overwhelming individual talent that needs just enough time to mold in order to be competitive. We've gotten away with it since NBA pros entered international play. But for how long? There's going to come a day when our best won't be enough...that day could be tomorrow or 10 years from now, but at some point, we've got to start developing a team culture in the NBA like it was in the 1950s-early 90s. Year after year, the world is slowly chipping away. What if Durant was not on this team? What if Booker, Middleton, and especially Holiday decided they needed rest after the playoffs? What if someone is in a critical contract year and doesn't want to represent? I get that the NBA is star-driven and marketed as such, but American basketball at its highest level has to start grounding itself back to the basics. I see a painful future ahead. A victory over France tomorrow is like a cancer patient thinking he's healthy but not realizing he's in stage 2.

Could not agree more. Rest of the world will and is catching up. Fast.
What is the answer? Back to basics. Start to build new generation, infrastructure for REALLY working with youngsters.
Why? Because just importing to NBA from basket "provinces" & doin' business with load of bucks to fill that gap will not work anymore...

Mark Cuban said:
https://www.eurohoops.net/en/nba-news/797321/mark-cuban-if-we-sent-our-kids-to-slovenia-the-nba-would-1000-times-better/

But anyway...this is just good for development of THE game.

Claim: the Balkan NBA team just easily beats any US team at the moment. :)

Federoy
08-06-2021, 08:44 AM
for years i wanted to see 1998 goodwill semifinal USA-Lithuania maybe you also recorded that game ? In Lithuania that game wasnt shown at all.

In youtube there is only 1998 goodwill bronze match LTU-Puerturico

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUkuy6KjmOY

Sorry my friend. The only games TNT fully broadcasted were the USA-Puerto Rico game in pool play (which I recorded over!) and the USA-Australia GMG. The other games were shown in snippets or highlights. I wish I could provide it to you!

LuDux
08-06-2021, 09:01 AM

How about Ottoman Empire: Doncic, Jokic, Bogdanovic, Giannis, Ilyasov, Osman

usagre
08-06-2021, 10:34 AM

Yeah 1990 Goodwill games was in Seattle and we lost to Toni Kukoc + Dino Radja Yugoslavian team in final. We also lost to Soviet Union earlier in tournaments. All games were televised on TBS. A month later the same team minus a couple of players played in the World Championships in Argentina. There we lost in the semis to an even stronger Yugoslavia that had NBA players Petrovic and Divac join the team. But minus Radja who was injured in Seattle. There was no television for any of that tournament and ESPN didn’t even have highlights, just the results. I actually saw 2 games live in their entirety (Argentina win and Puerto Rico loss) on local Mexican Spanish television living in NYC. Interesting fact is that as evident by Petrovic and Divac’s appearances this was the first tournament where NBA players were eligible to participate but the US was represented by amateurs coached by Coach K.

Shawshank
08-06-2021, 11:39 AM
those players that played for team usa in 1984,1986,1988,1990 called them ale amateurs thats sounds funny to me :)

future multiple nba stars/superstars yes their were only at age of 20 or 21 but still thats not what word *amateurs* word means to me.

MirkoD
08-06-2021, 11:48 AM
those players that played for team usa in 1984,1986,1988,1990 called them ale amateurs thats sounds funny to me :)

future multiple nba stars/superstars yes their were only at age of 20 or 21 but still thats not what word *amateurs* word means to me.

yep..Luka is still an amateur ;)

usagre
08-06-2021, 12:45 PM

Yeah especially the ‘84, ‘88 and any Olympic team. In reality a lot of those guys were a couple of months away from making their NBA rookie season debuts. The ‘86, ‘90 and other World Championship teams were closer to true amateurs. Those teams never had players about to enter NBA. No college seniors and usually underclass men ages 18-20. But then again the Oscar Schmidts, Dalipagic, and San Epifanios of the World were considered amateurs as well.

JamalJokic
08-06-2021, 01:13 PM
I think the biggest thing France needs to do win gold tonight is slow the game down. Keep it a half court game and force the USA to score in a half court offense. Australia kept trying to run with the US in the second half and it doomed them. Also if the US starts to go on a run call a timeout, don’t let them build momentum. If France can keep the score in the 70s it favors them greatly. I have never seen the US win a slow grind it out game. Make them play a style they’re not use to.

usagre
08-06-2021, 01:18 PM
I have never seen the US win a slow grind it out game. .

Obviously with their great scoring ability they haven’t played a ton of those type of games. But it’s not like they haven’t won their share either. 2019 vs Greece and 2010 vs Brazil are just couple off the top of my head.

reamily
08-06-2021, 01:35 PM
Its like a series now for popovic and france had what 2-0 advantage, so Pop has to win it now, the team with better personnels should win a game now

Joško Poljak Fan
08-06-2021, 01:51 PM
Why in the world aren't people as depressed about the abolishment of the Ottoman empire, as they are with Yugoslavia? Imagine that NT...

Hepcat
08-06-2021, 03:28 PM
And that fat boy destroyed your Lithuania at home? That fat boy averaged 36/8/10 in playoffs, against the best wing defenders? Do you really believe that is possible?

Clearly possible because it happened. That can't be denied.

My point though is that Luka Dončić needs to get into better physical condition if he wants to be the best he can be and continue at the top of his game well into his mid-thirties.

:(

Hepcat
08-06-2021, 03:29 PM
How about Ottoman Empire: Doncic, Jokic, Bogdanovic, Giannis, Ilyasov, Osman

Me I like the Roman Empire myself.

reamily
08-06-2021, 04:31 PM
Why in the world aren't people as depressed about the abolishment of the Ottoman empire, as they are with Yugoslavia? Imagine that NT...

Imagine Marc Cuban and company doing a crazy idea of reviving Yugoslavia for their own world cup..( I dont want to see team Asia Pacific combined as one)

Katastroika
08-06-2021, 04:45 PM
Me I like the Roman Empire myself.

Doncic and Jokic ironically wouldn't even be eligable for Ottoman national team :) But they would make Austria-Hungary favourite to win it all.

I knew David Vojvoda's time would come sooner or later.

Killer Bob
08-06-2021, 10:34 PM
Clearly possible because it happened. That can't be denied.

My point though is that Luka Dončić needs to get into better physical condition if he wants to be the best he can be and continue at the top of his game well into his mid-thirties.

:(

So you're telling me that he would have averaged 50/15/15 if he had less fat and more muscles? ;)

Nemanja95
08-07-2021, 01:23 AM
Doncic and Jokic ironically wouldn't even be eligable for Ottoman national team :) But they would make Austria-Hungary favourite to win it all.

I knew David Vojvoda's time would come sooner or later.

How we came here ?

JGX
08-07-2021, 02:31 AM
You can tell the Olympics are winding down when NBC makes room for gold medal game on normal television instead of their paid streaming service.

Also, when people are discussing the basketball teams of countries that don't exist anymore. I think the Western Roman Empire would crush the Eastern Roman Empire, even if the East naturalizes a Parthian big man.

Nemanja95
08-07-2021, 03:35 AM
France play smart, with some lacks who misses for win, Usa for their own level didn`t play something especially. If Usa win this game, we can tell hypothetically France missed chance in first half, but they simply cannot much better than that. Game for now, justified importance of final, from tactical side and with result uncertainty. Good result for France in regard how like was first half with some turnovers and lacks which is exceeded for game like this, if they play well in second half and Usa play so-so, the have chances for win, what is success for them.

Dtown
08-07-2021, 04:26 AM
That game was tense! France just would not go away, but Durant proves himself again.

France is fast becoming our biggest rival.

neo
08-07-2021, 04:26 AM
too many missed FTs for france.

gobert crying. respect.

usagre
08-07-2021, 04:30 AM

Yeah and now a rematch in 3 years on their home court.

JGX
08-07-2021, 04:31 AM
Good enough. Props to the team for bouncing back from everything. Ten days ago I thought they probably would not win. Not the best US team ever, but as a said earlier, it's the only one that had to overcome real adversity, and that is worth a lot.

Props to France as well. Even though they didn't win the big game today, they are shedding their old reputation as a team that can't win the big games.

Game was like the US-Spain finals in that the US led most of the game but could never quite shake them. Those teams didn't have the offensive dry spells that this team had, but...good enough.

Javale McGee now has as many gold medals as Shaq.

usagre
08-07-2021, 04:34 AM
Mission accomplished. I will give credit where it’s due, Popovich kept the team together and didn’t lose them after 2-3 start. But obviously Durant the key with a supporting cast that took turns helping him out along the way. Holiday steady all around all tournament long. Booker helped shoulder scoring load in semifinal, today it was Tatum with some key late shots by Lillard.

neo
08-07-2021, 04:39 AM
So you're telling me that he would have averaged 50/15/15 if he had less fat and more muscles? ;)

Luka Doncic by quarter this playoffs vs clippers:

1Q: 85 PTS, 54 FG%, 48 3P%
2Q: 71 PTS, 62 FG%, 57 3P%
3Q: 54 PTS, 44 FG%, 32 3P%
4Q: 40 PTS, 35 FG%, 28 3P%

either he needs to be in better shape to avoid wear and tear in d final quarter, or he needs better help so mavs can afford to rest him more or decrease his usage rate so he'll have more energy in d 4th.

it's probably d latter. but there is nothing wrong also if he can get close to lebron's fitness in his 20s.

Nemanja95
08-07-2021, 04:39 AM
France could do some things better, however they played good for their level most part of the game and the tournament. They make Usa suffer most since 2004. Some moves and decisions were wrong at finish. It seems like physically France failed at finish. Durant and Tatum did their excellent day and that makes so difficult to win against them. Very satisfying final, congratulations to Americans gold medal, congratulations to French first Olympic medal since 2000, . and I dare congratulate Slovenians bronze medal, if Australia will win, I apologize beforehand.

neo
08-07-2021, 04:40 AM
Mission accomplished. I will give credit where it’s due, Popovich kept the team together and didn’t lose them after 2-3 start. But obviously Durant the key with a supporting cast that took turns helping him out along the way. Holiday steady all around all tournament long. Booker helped shoulder scoring load in semifinal, today it was Tatum with some key late shots by Lillard.

KD is MVP for sure. without him playing well, USA will be lucky to be playing for bronze.

ChuckDiesel2
08-07-2021, 04:43 AM
Kevin Durant is the best FIBA player of all time. All the haters and traitors can suck our gold.

JamalJokic
08-07-2021, 04:45 AM

Pop should give a portion of his salary to KD for showing up to these games. KD by far the best player in the tourney and carried USA to gold. Which is weird to say for an US team but it’s true. They would’ve lost in the quarterfinals without him.

reamily
08-07-2021, 04:45 AM
Imo again I see usa holding back.. when the lead goes up to double digits..there would be a time taht us will be defeated in the finals despite playing so well all tournament but not now when durant is your offensive anchor..

usagre
08-07-2021, 04:47 AM
Kevin Durant is the best FIBA player of all time. .

It’s not even close.

usagre
08-07-2021, 05:50 AM
When you lose the Bronze medal game and leave empty handed it’s obviously a crushing defeat. But I think in this case with these teams even more so.

ChuckDiesel2
08-07-2021, 06:43 AM
Can’t wait for all the commentary about how the Bronze medal game is “more pure” or whatever. :rolleyes:

Federoy
08-07-2021, 07:10 AM
Can’t wait for all the commentary about how the Bronze medal game is “more pure” or whatever. :rolleyes:

Yeah, there will be a lot of discussion about that from so-called basketball "purest."

Federoy
08-07-2021, 07:11 AM
That game was tense! France just would not go away, but Durant proves himself again.

At the junior level too!

Katastroika
08-07-2021, 07:51 AM
Team USA should have prepare for the gobert-wembayama duo.. that will be a huge advantage for France.. even for loaded team USA..

When Wembayama is ready Gobert will be in his last career breaths. Generally even thinkinh that USA will be threatened by anyone constantly is pretty unrealistic. France theirselves will lose De Colo and Batum which is irreplacable at the moment.

USA will always be huge favourite against all. Just a bad team like 2019 can change that significantly.

This season, tournament were special because of long seasons and lac of preparation. Big credits for US for taking it. Even though only differencemaker was Durant. Congrats to Popovich, I am glad he finished with gold after fiasco as assistant and in 2019.

madmax
08-07-2021, 07:57 AM
Cheat code Durant proved to be the difference maker, as expected I guess...if not for him, the outcome would have been the same as in 2019. But father time is still undefeated, and US will not have the luxury of having him forever to bail them out..m

anon9000
08-07-2021, 08:52 AM
Yeah Durant is a FIBA HOF for sure and that's coming back from an Achilles injury.

neo
08-07-2021, 09:46 AM
and the nets' bosses are happier that he will leave tokyo injury-free.

raph
08-07-2021, 11:11 AM
When Wembayama is ready Gobert will be in his last career breaths. Generally even thinkinh that USA will be threatened by anyone constantly is pretty unrealistic. France theirselves will lose De Colo and Batum which is irreplacable at the moment.

USA will always be huge favourite against all. Just a bad team like 2019 can change that significantly.

This season, tournament were special because of long seasons and lac of preparation. Big credits for US for taking it. Even though only differencemaker was Durant. Congrats to Popovich, I am glad he finished with gold after fiasco as assistant and in 2019.

You dont need to replace players with the same profile, as you said it's impossible.

But we have plenty of prospects to test and play at the highest level. The main problem being that most are focused on the nba and we lost profiles who could clearly benefit from playing in Europe.

We will see what Doumbouya will turn into. If maturity finally hits, he is clearly a profile that could turn us into a real loaded frontcourt (with Victor yes, but he needs to develop too and become physically ready). When he is motivated and focuses, he is clearly the second best prospect we have on both ends (behind victor).

Even if we lost De Colo, we have someone like Ayayi who can do a lot of things, especially with his midrange. He's not as creative as De Colo, but probably better overall since he is a plus defender.

Add guys like Dieng, Tillie (Killian), Hayes, Maledon, and some role players from our own league (yes...), i dont think we will be in major trouble moving forward.
The main prospect i want to see is Batcho anyway. He is the main option to replace Gobert by a much better player on both ends (as long as injuries stop messing up his development).

At least we are done with Parker ball hog and it's no surprise we finished on the box. If only he could have retired 5 years ago.

Ps : i think the level for 2024 olympics will be at a pretty high level (as long as things are back to normal). And it's good to be qualified already, the qualification process in Europe will be insane
I cant wait to see next eurobasket since many teams will have to be competitive to qualify for the WC. And we will be rebuilding part of our core already.

Dtown
08-07-2021, 11:40 AM
Durant and Luka will rightly get most of the praise this tournament, but we got to acknowledge Patty Mills too. The man clearly is tired of finishing 4th.

neo
08-07-2021, 11:57 AM
as great as luka is, he needs to improve in the attitude part. that technical foul with d first half already done is awful.

he's only 22 so he'll get there.

usagre
08-07-2021, 11:59 AM
Luka and Slovenia expected to be playing for Gold and couple that with the heartbreaking finish to that semifinal I think has led to a sluggish first half. Down deep I think Australia knew heading into their semifinal that they would be in this game. Couple that with the fact they were blown out of their semifinal and it explains why they look like the better team in the first half.

Dtown
08-07-2021, 12:01 PM
Luka and Slovenia expected to be playing for Gold and couple that with the heartbreaking finish to that semifinal I think has led to a sluggish first half. Down deep I think Australia knew heading into their semifinal that they would be in this game. Couple that with the fact they were blown out of their semifinal and it explains why they look like the better team in the first half.

Yeah there's a vast difference in getting blown out and losing at the buzzer. Coupled with that Australia's been here twice before (2016/2019) and come up short, wouldn't shock me at all that they're more motivated.

reamily
08-07-2021, 12:09 PM
Guard play again.. the waterloo of slovenia.. although australia is ripe for another dissapointment on this tactless basketball

usagre
08-07-2021, 12:23 PM
Australia +11 heading into 4th. If they don’t end up on the podium now they never will.

Toruko
08-07-2021, 12:43 PM
No medal for Luka.

Patty > Luka.

Killer Bob
08-07-2021, 12:45 PM
Congrats to Australia.

Dtown
08-07-2021, 12:47 PM
Congrats to Australia finally breaking through and reaching the medal stand.

For Slovenia, if Luka keeps playing you have to imagine they'll be back wouldn't shock me at all if they win Eurobasket next year, though France will be a big obstacle.

neo
08-07-2021, 12:47 PM
boomers deserved it after all those 4th place finishes in olympics and WC

Jazz
08-07-2021, 12:48 PM
John Farnham "You're the Voice" blasting out of the speakers. :D

usagre
08-07-2021, 12:48 PM
So after facing the US in ‘08 and ‘12 in the quarterfinals thus with no chance for medal and then being robbed of a bronze in 2016 Australia finally gets it done.

Jazz
08-07-2021, 12:51 PM
No medal for Luka.

Patty > Luka.

Stop that, Toruko!
Patty Mills was incredible though. Australia deserved it.

usagre
08-07-2021, 01:16 PM
The masked men on the podium. What a joke. Weren’t they just maskless on the court a few minutes ago ? Why am I not surprised by the silliness. Not a 100% sure but I think a couple of the US players have body doubles on the podium. Already left Japan hours ago.

Shawshank
08-07-2021, 01:19 PM
Patty Mills all game was running like energizer bunny over and over again not stop and see tears in his eyes after game that what Olympics is all about !

Well deserved Australia !

usagre
08-07-2021, 01:28 PM
Thanks for following Draymond’s lead and lowering the masks for the national anthem. Now that was beautiful.

Katastroika
08-07-2021, 01:28 PM
I don't like Aussies basketball at all but I am happy for Mills. If someone deserved it than him.

Slovenia showed a lot in this tournament and especially that they have clearly best player in Europe in the next years and that's why they will be called in rank of favourites next year with 5-6 other teams. Big respect to them as well.

ChuckDiesel2
08-07-2021, 08:47 PM
Wish Slovenia and Croatia could make like Cedevita Olimpija and merge. THAT would be a true medal contender.

Katastroika
08-07-2021, 09:09 PM
Wish Slovenia and Croatia could make like Cedevita Olimpija and merge. THAT would be a true medal contender.

Good idea. Question is whether that makes sense for Slovenia after Bogdanovic's retirement. I would love that with Nuggets and Jazz, too tbh. I am sure that they could adopt some Mormon rituals in Colorado, too for that sake.

ChuckDiesel2
08-07-2021, 09:26 PM
Good idea. Question is whether that makes sense for Slovenia after Bogdanovic's retirement. I would love that with Nuggets and Jazz, too tbh. I am sure that they could adopt some Mormon rituals in Colorado, too for that sake.

Enough Mormons in Colorado, wouldn’t even need to adopt. Wait did Bojan really retire from the NT though? I must’ve missed that. Tough way to go out if so.

Katastroika
08-07-2021, 09:39 PM
Enough Mormons in Colorado, wouldn’t even need to adopt. Wait did Bojan really retire from the NT though? I must’ve missed that. Tough way to go out if so.

No, he didn't fortunately. I meant after hos upcoming retirement 2022 or 2023.

LuDux
08-07-2021, 09:54 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBkT5oLtFy4

Katastroika
08-07-2021, 09:58 PM
Oldie but goldie.

each way
08-08-2021, 02:48 AM
Where can I find the top 5 in key categories these Olympics e.g. points, rebounds, assists, steals etc?

Steadysoul
08-08-2021, 06:18 AM

they were this years Australia and lost bronze to Australia.

HeinrichMohr
08-08-2021, 02:51 PM
Congratulations for all the american posters here, hope this can make you hating grandpa Pop a little bit less. He finally improved his team chemistry and collective defense when it really matters. The same goes with France as they played a nice tournament and deserved their medal. Finally the boomers got the desired bronze after what happened in 2016 and 2019. Great for them.

Hepcat
08-08-2021, 03:43 PM
Can’t wait for all the commentary about how the Bronze medal game is “more pure” or whatever. :rolleyes:Where/when have you seen such commentary previously?

:confused:

sunil808
08-15-2021, 07:42 PM
i love to watch Tournament spicemoneylogin.in (https://spicemoneylogin.in) myfiosgateway.one (https://myfiosgateway.one)

reamily
08-16-2021, 02:47 PM
So Sekulic was Kokoskov top assistant when they won in 2017, is he using the kokoskov's playbook all this time?