Olympiakos 2021/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympiakos 2021/22

Mustafa Fall join Olympiacos for 1+1 years......so we have....

P.G Sloukas, Walkup, -----
    S.G Laretzakis, ------
    S.F Papanikolaou, Mckissic, Haralampopoulos
    P.F Vezenkov, Printezis, Jean-Charles
    C Hassan Martin, Mustafa Fall

Jean Charles will play as a 3rd C also
    Vezenkov will play as a 3rd S.F also
    Mckissic can play S.G also

We need 2 more guards (first class) and I think Olymiacos roaster is complete for next year.

Rumors said about Tayler Dorsey for the first guard place.

Originally posted by zubitos View Post
    Mustafa Fall join Olympiacos for 1+1 years......so we have....

S.G Laretzakis, ------

We need 2 more guards (first class) and I think Olymiacos roaster is complete for next year.

Rumors said about Tayler Dorsey for the first guard place.
    Thanks for the update. Looks like Oly are already pretty far along in terms of building their roster for next season.
    What do you think will happen with Spanoulis?

Comment

Oly is a serious club, they always were. 3 times EL champions.

They are not like Fener, always late on the market and with overpayed washed streetballers. They have reduced budget last seasons and that is the only reason for current decline.
      Fall is great move for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz View Post
        Thanks for the update. Looks like Oly are already pretty far along in terms of building their roster for next season.
        What do you think will happen with Spanoulis?
        I realy don't know what will happen with Spanoulis.
        I think in his mind if Greece will pass at the pre Olympic tournament, he will finish his carrier at the Olympic games.
        If not I am sure that he wants to play for 1 more year. The problem is that in Olympiacos they started to build a new team last year and Spanoulis has no place in this team if we want to be honest.
        On the other side the contribuson of Spanoulis all this years for the club is huge.....so the fans are 50-50 for 1 more year contract.
        And I think that the club is comfused also.
        They said that is not anymore in Bartzokas plans.
        Also Olympiacos sign a young american guard (Tayson Carter) from Layrio as an investment for the next years.
        If the team will rejoin the Greek league as expected Tayson Carter will have some games in Greek league for sure and maybe a shorted time role in EL.
        Usually Spanoulis was the first contract renewal every summer.......this summer not, so I think he will not continue.

Comment

David Lighty officially to Olympiacos.....so if we update....

S.G Lighty, Laretzakis, Carter

Lighty can play S.F also

Propably if Spanoulis stays, Carter will go for loan in other team and we go for 1 more guard.
          If not I think that Carter will stay and we go for 1 more guard.

Comment

Spanoulis just announced his retirement.

THANK YOU BIG CAPTAIN FOR ALL THE MEMORIES..................you will be always a special part in our hearts.....

Comment

it seems that Lighty's transfer to Olympiakos is ruined .... the player and Villeurbanne had agreed with Olympiacos but after the finals of the French championship Villeurbanne decided to keep him on the roaster and does not give the player to Olympiacos ..... the player has a contract with Villeurbanne so the transfer cannot be done without Villeurbanne's consent. Whenever Olympiacos is looking for another player in his place.

Comment

Michalis Loutzis is the 3rd play maker for Olympiacos.......and after the cancel of Lighty's tranfer.....we update....

one piece missing from the puzzle....the main souting guard. It is going to be very crusial piece.

P.G Sloukas, Walkup, Loutzis
                S.G -------, Laretzakis, Carter

Comment

It seems that Tyler Dorsey will be the player who will fill the gap in SG, if Dorsey who has a Greek passport finally agrees then the door will be opened for Carter as there will be a free foreign position.

Also Haralampopoulos is a free agent and he agrred with Venecia.

So Olympiacos for 2021-2022 will propably be like this

S.G Dorsey, Laretzakis, Carter
                  S.F Papanikolaou, Mckissic

Last edited by zubitos; 08-20-2021, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Tyler Dorsey officially to Olympiacos for 1 year contract.

So the roaster is full, the only pending issue is if Tyson Carter will be in the team also or not.

Comment

I think the roaster is more complete than last year. Walkup and Sloukas are a more rational solution in PG, in place of Aaron Harrison who offered almost nothing, will be Tyler Dorsey where he will have an upgraded role compare to Maccabi (asspecially offensively) with more minutes of participation. In C position Fall will be for sure better that mediocre Ellis. If we consider that Papanikolaou will be healthy this year and Vezenkov is improving quickly, plus that Mackissic, Hasan have now gained experience from EL they are not rookies.
                      I believe that this year they will be contenders for the playoffs. It is also very important that almost the whole team has already worked together for a year.

Comment

Finally Tyson Carter will continue in Layrio and Olympiacos maybe will add a S.F.
                        Its not clear if the add will take place now or after the season start.
                        The fact is that they have an empty position for a player without Greek Passport.

S.G Dorsey, Laretzakis,
                        S.F Papanikolaou, Mckissic,------

Also in the team are the Greek players Iosif Koloveros (1,86 19y Guard) and Vassilis Christidis (2,06m 23y Center).
                        But their time will be limited, propably only in the Greek League.
                        Last edited by zubitos; 08-23-2021, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Olympiacos should be make one or two step up, with signings like this. Players with ok quality and who can be part of the system. They miss speed and shoots but not so much to annul other good sides. I excpect them in quarter-final.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information