Pres. Duterte's Policy on the West Phi Sea dispute with China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pres. Duterte's Policy on the West Phi Sea dispute with China

All I can say is, this current administration's policy is nothing but appeasement & being "soft" on China.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Du30 is blaming the Yellows for this West Phi Sea mess but wasn't during the PNoy administration that this dispute was brought to the UNCLOS in which we got a favorable rulling?

And after we got that favorable rulling from UNCLOS, isn't Du30 who preferred not to pursue & tackle that UNCLOS decision before China? I wonder why such policy by Du30? Panalo na tayo sa UNCLOS but Du30 seems scared of bringing up that UNCLOS rulling before China. Du30 is harping that bringing up the UNCLOS rulling before China might only trigger a war between China & the Phi in which wala tayo kapana-panalo.

But does that theory holds water? I say not at all. Wars don't start that way. Our South East Asian neighbors also have their respective Exclusive Economic Zone claims in the South China Sea and they have a firm & strong stand against China. But China never come close to using force & attack these countries. And its not like Malaysia or Vietnam or Indonesia poses a big threat to China that's why China doesn't wage a war against any of them. While the armed forces of Malaysia or Vietnam or Indonesia is significantly stronger than ours, it is still very very much inferior compared to the armed forces of a super power like China. Its like if China attacks the Philippines, perhaps after 24 hrs, surrender na tayo. If China attacks Malaysia, perhaps after 48 hrs, Malaysian armed forces will capitulate. The difference between how long the Philippines fight china before it capitulates & how long Malaysia holds off an attack by China before it capitulates doesn't make any sense. My point is, China could attack Malaysia or Vietnam or Indonesia, as easy as attacking the Phi yet China doesn't do it. Simply becoz waging a war even against an inferior nation isn't as simple as some people think.
    Last edited by JAMSKIE; 05-01-2021, 03:06 AM.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

I agree with an expert who said that China was successful in giving Du30 the impression that it is going to attack the Phi if the Du30 administration would strongly pursue its claim in the West Phi Sea. Du30 obviously bit China's bluff & its the Filipino people specially those poor fishermen near the West Phi Sea, who is suffering from this blunder by Du30.

As I've said, wars don't start that way. China is afraid of the fact that if it attacks the Phi, it might trigger an all out war with the US & some countries hostile to China. While there's no guarantee that US will come to our rescue, there's also no certainty that the Americans will just sit & do nothing if China attacks the Phi. So if you're China, would you take that risk?

The thing about China is that, it has few friends and a lot of enemies. That's the price of being a bully. Japan, South Korea, Taiwan & our South East neighbors are not in good terms with China. Then there's India who is China's mortal enemy. China cannot afford a war between the US & US Pacific allies like Japan, S. Korea, Australia, Singapore, becoz such conflict would be taken as an opportunity by India to retake Tibet from China. And we know that India has potent armed forces with nuclear weapons.

Comment

Pres. Duterte real talk in front of top military officers @ 33rd Phil. Coast Guard Auxiliary National Convention (2017) about our stand on WPS during his one on one meeting with
        the China Pres. Xinping during his first State visit in Beijing China.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCf9dHM3EWI

Comment

The old man was misquoted by this bias media about our stand on WPs and that "it's just a piece of paper thing" where in fact that statement comes from the mouth of a chinese official during his one of the early state visit at PROC.

Talk To the People May 5, 2021

Starting from 5:13 “it’s just a piece of paper"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2kV7tb1vlM

Surprisingly one of the article from a bias broadsheet posted the official statement from one of the PROC officials about the statement of “just a piece of paper”.

MANILA, Philippines — Appearing to take a cue from President Rodrigo Duterte’s past remarks, China has called the Philippines’ 2016 landmark victory at the Permanent Court of Arbitration “nothing more than a piece of waste paper,” drawing protests in Manila for the “disrespectful, crass statements.”

“The [arbitral award] is illegal, null and void. It is nothing more than a piece of waste paper. China does not accept or participate in the arbitration, nor does it accept or recognize the award,” Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Zhao Lijian said at a press briefing in Beijing on Monday, the fifth anniversary of the ruling issued in The Hague.
          https://globalnation.inquirer.net/19...of-waste-paper
          Last edited by BJ_Reloaded; 06-10-2022, 03:47 AM. Reason: corrections

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information