PDA

View Full Version : Monsalve new coach of the Brazil NT

rikhardur
01-19-2008, 11:03 AM
Spanish coach Moncho Monsalve was announced today as the new coach of the Brazilian NT. The immediate goal is to qualify the Brazilians for the Olympics. Monsalve said it is a privilege to coach one of the best teams in the world and that the Brazil NT is talented.
Monsalve already coached Barcelona, Zaragoza, Unicaja, Tenerife, the Dominican Republic, Tunisia, Switzerland and others.
He'll be officially presented in February.

Perhaps some players reluctant to join the NT will do so now. The Brazilian NT needs harmony and a good chemistry above all.

Neozyrus
01-19-2008, 10:50 PM
Over all he's a worker, his teams are plenty of good team plays in attack and some good movements in defense. I dont think that any brazilian player would have any problem with him, u realize he's a good coach in the 3rd phrase you hear from him. I hope that he can do a good job there.

alermac
01-20-2008, 10:59 PM
Let's just see what he can do in just a few weeks of training. But i have no doubt he's an improvement over Lula Ferreira.

Do you know if he signed just for this year?

rikhardur
01-29-2008, 08:24 PM
Do you know if he signed just for this year?
Seems like it, the main goal is to reach the Olympics. My interpretation of it is that if he fails that, he's out. He said in a interview that he'd like to coach the NT for 2 years if that's the wish of the Brazilian federation.

daniab
02-08-2008, 06:53 PM
Rik,any news about the Brazilian NT roster ?? Is Nene going to play with the team ?
I wish a good luck for Brazil NT.

rikhardur
02-28-2008, 04:20 PM
Rik,any news about the Brazilian NT roster ?? Is Nene going to play with the team ?
I wish a good luck for Brazil NT.
It's highly unlikely that NenÍ will play in the pre-Olympic tournament, his tumour was malignant and he's undergoing chemotherapy. But if Brazil reaches Beijing, he could play.

daniab
03-01-2008, 12:14 PM
It's highly unlikely that NenÍ will play in the pre-Olympic tournament, his tumour was malignant and he's undergoing chemotherapy. But if Brazil reaches Beijing, he could play.
aha 10x Rik.

rikhardur
05-11-2008, 10:33 PM
BRA Ė Moncho: `I will call Nene but itís his decisioní

MADRID (FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament) - Brazil coach Moncho Monsalve has confirmed he will name Denver Nuggets center Nene in his preliminary group for the FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament in Athens.

Nene, a 2.11m center, is coming off a very difficult season in the NBA after being diagnosed with testicular cancer.

The 25-year-old underwent surgery earlier this year before returning to the Nuggets and giving them an emotional lift as they edged out Golden State to the eighth and final place in the Western Conference play-offs.

It is unknown, though, if he will be available for the national team with the Brazilians taking on Greece and Lebanon in Group A of the qualifying tournament.

"I will call Nene but it's his decision,Ē said Moncho, a Spaniard who was appointed coach earlier this year.

ďIf he comes in good physical form, he is very important to the national team. He told me by email that he is really motivated to play for the national team."

Moncho will make a pre-selection of 15 players.

"I will make a pre-selection in a couple of weeks but everyone knows that Anderson Varejao, Leandrinho, Nene, Tiago Splitter, Marcelinho Huertas, Marcelinho Machado, Guilherme, Alex and Rafael Araujo will be in the group," said Moncho, who met with Maccabi Tel Avivís Alex and Tau Ceramicaís Splitter at the Euroleague Final Four over the weekend.

"Paulo Prestes and Duda Machado without a doubt will be in the group."

Prestes plays in the third division in Spain with Axarquia and has averaged 17.5 points and 9.7 rebounds.

He also has played in the Euroleague with Unicaja Malaga, the club that owns his rights.

Duda Machado is the brother of Marcelinho Machado and plays for current league leaders Flamengo.

He has averaged 14.4 points per game.

On Marquinhos, formerly of the New Orleans Hornets, Moncho said: "He plays in a role where we are lacking players. I will speak to him."
http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/news/lateNews/p/newsid/24562/arti.html

Neozyrus
06-09-2008, 10:27 AM
Monsalve is quite upset right now with some of the players of Brazil

in the last days he has received the rejst of Nene, (which he totally has undestood), but also the ones of L.Barbosa and Varejao.

About Nene he said:

" Hilario's absence was expected, and it is understandable, we knew that it was going to be difficult to have him. He has told me some time ago about his situation, but i tought that i had to put him on the list altough if it was only for a question of respect and admiration after everything that he has passed "

But with Barbosa and Varejao he hasnt been so comprehensive:

" From now on I will not speak again about the absentes, only about the NT players. If it is necessary, we will play with ten. It is not a question of respect to Moncho Monsalve, is a question of respect to the country and to the Brazilian selection. Probably someone had to look in Dirk Nowitzki's mirror, that even pays his own in order to be able to play with Germany "

" I am a friend of Sandro Varejao, the brother of Anderson, and none of the two said anything to me about Anderson's injury in the mails that we sent last week "

" I have sent him (Barbosa) even five mails, have called him to the telephones of Sao Paulo and of The United States, but he has never answered me. Now he says that he must pass a few medical tests on the 12th and they all know that our presentation is the 11th. Even I spoke with his brother Artur, without obtaining anything. He knew since March the program that we had in the NT. "

" We had prepared some situations of 1vs1 for Barbosa, cause he is fantastic in this aspect of the game. We will not also have already the option to play with three centers simultaneously, so now we will have to change many of our ideas. It is clear that now Marcelinho Machado will have to assume a major role in the team than expected."

stafgu
06-16-2008, 05:04 AM
Good luck for Brasil

rikhardur
07-23-2008, 09:32 PM
Thiago Splitter, Alex Garcia and Marcelinho Machado asked Monsalve to remain with the NT, stating he had done a good job but had little time to handle the NT properly.

Ļ≤≥
12-22-2008, 07:44 PM
Thiago Splitter, Alex Garcia and Marcelinho Machado asked Monsalve to remain with the NT, stating he had done a good job but had little time to handle the NT properly.

He will remain as the coach of NT until 2010 according to the national confederation.