PDA

View Full Version : [2nd Round] Group L: FRA-AUS-LTU-DOM

Dtown
09-05-2019, 02:20 PM
Australia came out of the group of death unschathed, and their win set up what could be a great France vs Lithuania matchup. Dominican Republic is the surprise here, but I think this is as far as they go.

ZaliaBalta
09-05-2019, 02:46 PM
Well, if I tried to find some advantages for Lithuania against France those would be such invisible things as playing a tougher first group and especially a match against Australia. Then maybe the do-or-die type of game which would not be the case for France. Maybe it's just the last 3 games against Australia, but somehow i have a bigger fear of them than France.

Anyway, if the final results of this group were following:

LTU beating both FRA and DOM; Lithuania would be 4-1 if the wins carry over to the next round or 2-1 if only the wins against new group counts.
FRA beating AUS and losing to LTU; France would be 4-1 or 2-1
AUS beating DOM Republic and losing to FRA; Australia would be 4-1 or 2-1

So basically three teams of the same result. How would the places be determined? Comparing the best +/- points ratio between these three teams, right?

Jon_Koncak
09-05-2019, 02:54 PM
Germans could have made this the absolute group of death.But they were proven worthless.Too bad.

Levenspiel
09-05-2019, 04:15 PM
So basically three teams of the same result. How would the places be determined? Comparing the best +/- points ratio between these three teams, right?
right.

Buzissa
09-06-2019, 02:10 AM
France is the most talented team here. With Gobert in the middle, defense will get the job done for them.

France 5-0
Australia 4-1
Lithuania 3-2
DR 2-3

ZaliaBalta
09-06-2019, 09:13 AM
Okay, so in this post i'm writing mainly from Lithuania's perspective.

If the teams come up to a situation where FRA-LTU-AUS all attain a 4-1 result (LTU beats both, FRA beats AUS, AUS beats DOM):

The thing that Lithuania needs to do to be 100% in Quarter Finals is to beat France by at least +5 points. (Not to mention the fact that LTU needs (and should) beat Dominican Republic).

If LTU beats France by at least +5, either AUS or FRA drops out.

In such a scenario, FRA would go further if they beat AUS by at least +6. Otherwise AUS goes further.

A possible scenario is LTU beats FRA +5. FRA beats AUS +5. Then the +/- results between FRA-AUS-LTU would be equal for all teams (0). I wonder, how that case would be determined. Probably by points scored between these three teams.

The most probable place for LTU would be 2nd either behind FRA or AUS. There is a possibility to be 1st, if LTU beats FRA by at least 6 points or more and FRA beats AUS by at least 5 points or above but not more than LTU + against FRA.

I know i know, so many hypothetical scenarios, but hey what can you do when you can't wait for the saturday's games and have a dream of going through still alive..:D

Italian Pride
09-06-2019, 09:19 AM
Okay, so in this post i'm writing mainly from Lithuania's perspective.

If the teams come up to a situation where FRA-LTU-AUS all attain a 4-1 result (LTU beats both, FRA beats AUS, AUS beats DOM):

The thing that Lithuania needs to do to be 100% in Quarter Finals is to beat France by at least +5 points. (Not to mention the fact that LTU needs (and should) beat Dominican Republic).

If LTU beats France by at least +5, either AUS or FRA drops out.

In such a scenario, FRA would go further if they beat AUS by at least +6. Otherwise AUS goes further.

A possible scenario is LTU beats FRA +5. FRA beats AUS +5. Then the +/- results between FRA-AUS-LTU would be equal for all teams (0). I wonder, how that case would be determined. Probably by points scored between these three teams.

The most probable place for LTU would be 2nd either behind FRA or AUS. There is a possibility to be 1st, if LTU beats FRA by at least 6 points or more and FRA beats AUS by at least 5 points or above but not more than LTU + against FRA.

I know i know, so many hypothetical scenarios, but hey what can you do when you can't wait for the saturday's games and have a dream of going through still alive..:D

If LIT beata Fra +5 Abd Fra beata Aus +5 what is criteria forma the final standings?differential total points or else?

Mindozas
09-06-2019, 09:22 AM
If LIT beata Fra +5 Abd Fra beata Aus +5 what is criteria forma the final standings?differential total points or else?

Most scored points among the teams in question

Italian Pride
09-06-2019, 10:57 AM
Most scored points among the teams in question

thank you very much

HeinrichMohr
09-07-2019, 09:12 AM
Baynes committing suicide and Dominicana giving some fight against Australia. Interesting interesting...

Shawshank
09-07-2019, 09:13 AM
Australians are sleeping or they veterans bodies begin to feel 8 men rotation signs?

Straight forward
09-07-2019, 12:08 PM
JV sucks. And Adomaitis attacking plan at the start.

Serbian_Layup
09-07-2019, 12:19 PM
French defense is amazing, there is no way to score inside. Batum and Gobert are so focused not leaving anything to anyone.

Straight forward
09-07-2019, 12:20 PM
With JV p'n'r defence we stand no chance. Also France is so much better ready physically and mentally. Lithuania limping mentally after the game against Aussies.

Serbian_Layup
09-07-2019, 12:33 PM
Grigonis is making strides as p&r ball-handler and scorer.

Hepcat
09-07-2019, 01:02 PM
The French are 5/10 from three point range. Lithuania is 2/7. Lithuania is being killed from beyond the arc again.

:(

Hepcat
09-07-2019, 01:12 PM
Rudy Gobert is winning the rebounding battle against Lithuania's bigs. Jonas Valančiūnas and Domantas Sabonis either need to find some energy reserves or Coach Adomaitis needs to make some kind of adjustments for the second half. Otherwise....

Hepcat
09-07-2019, 01:18 PM
The Lithuanian players just can't make any shots. It's exasperating.

:eek:

JGX
09-07-2019, 02:00 PM
Need to see a good replay of that free throw being knocked off the rim...

Sakkreth
09-07-2019, 02:01 PM
Need to see a good replay of that free throw being knocked off the rim...

Don't even need that, u can't even touch the net. Clear goaltend.

LTbotd
09-07-2019, 02:01 PM
And 3 refs can't see that...

Deschain
09-07-2019, 02:02 PM
Gobert touched both the net and the rim. It was obvious even from the broadcast.
Unbelievable.

MrRager
Fuck the refs and fuck fiba

Sakkreth
Better to be outplayed than this bs. Atrocious reffing all tournament. Also how many bounce in prayers Fournier made?

Serbian_Layup
09-07-2019, 02:03 PM
It seems like that was a violation, you can deflect the ball off the rim, but you are not allowed to touch neither rim nor net during that try.
I think in NBA it's not allowed to touch the ball in any case if it's sitting or rolling on the rim, not to mention touching rim or net alone, so I don't know what made them so confused in this case. Unexpected blunder from refs.

Hepcat
09-07-2019, 02:09 PM
Winning the fourth quarter just wasn't good enough for Lithuania again after they'd dug too deep a hole for themselves earlier in the game. And shooting 26% from three point range isn't in the end good enough to win too many big games.

Straight forward
09-07-2019, 02:09 PM
That cost us the game. We would had gone for 2 in the last possession instead of crazy three by Maciulis. Against both Aussies and France officials directly impacted the outcome of the game. This is crap. FIBA sucks balls.

ZaliaBalta
09-07-2019, 02:11 PM
Somebody should loud and clear talk about the shit that fiba and their refs keep on doing.

Straight forward
09-07-2019, 02:20 PM
FIBA WC is too crappy at handling the games. I don't recall OG being so bad. But it seems only Eurobasket will remain top notch FIBA tournament handled by Euro PROs. Seriously this is beyond criticism and it consistently happening with WC.

Straight forward
09-07-2019, 02:24 PM
https://www.facebook.com/BasketNews.lt/videos/426370181418532/

Straight forward
09-07-2019, 02:25 PM
FIBA cut down the best FIBA tournament Eurobasket for such crap...

MrRager
09-07-2019, 02:31 PM
https://www.facebook.com/BasketNews.lt/videos/426370181418532/

What's the point of these videos? Every blind grandma saw what happened. We don't need to see it again. It's not like Tunceri situation in 2010. It was an obvious mistake. Show it to FIBA. Submit the protest. Let them hear Lithuania's position. But this won't be done, because we're quiet sheep. So why would FIBA respect us?

Straight forward
09-07-2019, 02:37 PM
What's the point of these videos? Every blind grandma saw what happened. We don't need to see it again. It's not like Tunceri situation in 2010. It was an obvious mistake. Show it to FIBA. Submit the protest. Let them hear Lithuania's position. But this won't be done, because we're quiet sheep. So why would FIBA respect us?

It has nothing to do with us. Those refs simply suck. It should be handled by El, Eurocup and NBA refs, but you can only dream about it. Refs suck in various games, nearly each and every in this tournament. That's how FIBA WC are being handled. Sometimes it goes your way, sometimes now, this time we were the victims.

Aside that, we sucked. At least that fighting spirit prevailed because the picture looked extremely sad at the beginning of 4th quarter, we were trailing badly almost all game.

soulis79
09-07-2019, 02:40 PM
I think Lithuania is the perfect candidate to organise one of the pre-Olympic tournaments.

MrRager
09-07-2019, 02:58 PM
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=381875709163965

Biggest respect to Adomaitis. Finally somebody fucking said something.

Marty
09-07-2019, 03:11 PM

What can change cries after the game? Nobody cares loosers.
Yes, it was obvious robbery, but the game is 40 minutes, not the last one. Where was our genious coach and players in first 30 minutes? Classical LT story.. when the asses are burning, dudes are starting to play, but like always in the end is the same story again and again... This coach has no winning mentality, no charisma, no experience. The only thing what he can is just cry after the game. Hope the last time.

Mr Chacho
09-07-2019, 03:24 PM
Referees' level on this WC is really really low, and FIBA decided to van Euroleague's refs... What a disgusting decision!

Horrible mistake today, Gobert touched the rim clearly.

Saip
09-07-2019, 03:27 PM
Dainius adomaitis was weakest position in Lithuanian team. He should retire. How is posible to keep on bench sabonis and valanciunas and play with jankunas in c position?

MrRager
09-07-2019, 03:28 PM
Yes, it was obvious robbery, but the game is 40 minutes, not the last one. Where was our genious coach and players in first 30 minutes? Classical LT story.. when the asses are burning, dudes are starting to play, but like always in the end is the same story again and again... This coach has no winning mentality, no charisma, no experience. The only thing what he can is just cry after the game. Hope the last time.

You are just another lithuanian SHEEP. "Don't say nothing, don't do nothing, nothing will change bla bla bla". You NEED to say something, you NEED to DO something, otherwise nothing will change.

Jon_Koncak
09-07-2019, 03:30 PM
Referees' level on this WC is really really low, and FIBA decided to van Euroleague's refs... What a disgusting decision!

Horrible mistake today, Gobert touched the rim clearly.

Yeah cause when euroleague refs were there everything was fine :D or refereeing is fine in euroleague and noone complains,right?

FYI the worst robery of recent years in international basketball was Spain-Australia in bronze medal game where the first referee and main responsible was Belosevic a favorite of Euroleague in the last decade.

Bball is a hard sport to officiate,we got to accept that and move on.One bad call,and this Gobert interference was definitely a bad call doesnt mean a team was robbed if the calls in the rest of the game werent lopsided.

Shawshank
09-07-2019, 03:33 PM
It's painfull to be eliminated like that, referies was watching replay in 2 querter in meaningles moment like 5 minutes..
40 seconds left in 4 querter when entire our team is shouting it's illegal gobert move... they don't even go to check...

Marty
09-07-2019, 03:33 PM
You are just another lithuanian SHEEP. "Don't say nothing, don't do nothing, nothing will change bla bla bla". You NEED to say something, you NEED to DO something, otherwise nothing will change.

Yes, you are ,,right"". Press conference speech after the game is the ,,main" thing. After this speech i can truly say that we are the true ,,heart"champions, but nothing more.

madmax
09-07-2019, 03:38 PM
Just like I've predicted two days ago, we are out of tournament after France game - no amount of moaning and blaming the refs will change the fact that this coach is simply incapable of winning tight games against quality opposition. It's time to move on by hiring a new head coach and changing the whole mental set up of the tean

Mr Chacho
09-07-2019, 03:38 PM
Yeah cause when euroleague refs were there everything was fine :D or refereeing is fine in euroleague and noone complains,right?

FYI the worst robery of recent years in international basketball was Spain-Australia in bronze medal game where the first referee and main responsible was Belosevic a favorite of Euroleague in the last decade.

Bball is a hard sport to officiate,we got to accept that and move on.One bad call,and this Gobert interference was definitely a bad call doesnt mean a team was robbed if the calls in the rest of the game werent lopsided.

I invite you to rewatch who was the referee who did that bad call on that game.

Euroleague refs are not so bad (of course they are bad) and they are honest (Panther told in an interview that the tech foul she called on Laso at the F4 was a mistake).

And Gobert (who complaibed about refs in 2015) touched the rim really clearly.

usagre
09-07-2019, 03:39 PM
You knew Lithuania was gonna fight back and go down swinging. Very unlucky ending with bad officiating and a couple of lucky rim rolls by Fournier and De Colo.

Miškinis
09-07-2019, 03:40 PM
I think Lithuania is the perfect candidate to organise one of the pre-Olympic tournaments.

Hopefully not. There are far more important things to spent millions for than to give it to FIBA.

Modis
09-07-2019, 04:12 PM

The last three tournaments are slowly exposing our true place in Basketball, our Lithuanian grind and work ethics can only go so far you need some pure talent. Until we dont return with some world class guards to these major tournaments its always gonna be the same story, we will put up a good fight but will lose in the end.

Marty
09-07-2019, 04:29 PM
The last three tournaments are slowly exposing our true place in Basketball, our Lithuanian grind and work ethics can only go so far you need some pure talent. Until we dont return with some world class guards to these major tournaments its always gonna be the same story, we will put up a good fight but will lose in the end.

It is obvious what our last dream team was in 2003 - 2004. 2007 and 2008 was also very talented. After Saras - Macijauskas - Siska - Stombergas it is a big difference. But somehow, we still managed to grab 2010 world bronze, 2013 and 2015 silver in EC, 2014 WC 4th place. Players weren't so talented as before but they had a coaches with clear system and knew what to do. Now two champs in a row we fail to make top 8. Fuckin top 8....

Obina
09-07-2019, 04:30 PM
You knew Lithuania was gonna fight back and go down swinging. Very unlucky ending with bad officiating and a couple of lucky rim rolls by Fournier and De Colo.

Actually I think that Ltu had a lot of luck before this bad call. Some lucky offense rebounds after turnovers, Maciulis triple, lucky shot from Jonas etc. Also foul from Furnier on Sabonis in last minute was doubtful.

Anyway fun game. France is dangerous but PG position and bench overall is not so good at all. They would be more dangerous with Huertel and Moerman.

Ltu is top8 team for sure but draw was cruel for them.

Levenspiel
09-07-2019, 05:14 PM
you are right it's a hard job, but there are bad calls.. and then there are calls like this... unbelievable, and should unforgivable imho, to miss this.

paspalj
09-07-2019, 05:20 PM
Refs check the replay for way less. It's borderline "on purpose" to let this go.

christodoulou76
09-07-2019, 05:21 PM
LTU got robbed - terrible non-call on Gobert interference :mad:

usagre
09-07-2019, 05:27 PM
The details always get lost in the we got robbed the refs decided the game arguments. If the right call is made then Lithuania is up 1 with 20 seconds left and French Ball. I don’t know what happens and who wins in that scenario.
It was a bad call that went against Lithuania and put them in a huge disadvantage but it didn’t decide the game.
They could have stopped De Colo from scoring and then scored themselves to win the game. For me the ref bad call decides a game when you don’t have the opportunity to recover from it, Lithuania still was alive.

Straight forward
09-07-2019, 05:35 PM
The details always get lost in the we got robbed the refs decided the game arguments. If the right call is made then Lithuania is up 1 with 20 seconds left and French Ball. I don’t know what happens and who wins in that scenario.
It was a bad call that went against Lithuania and put them in a huge disadvantage but it didn’t decide the game.
They could have stopped De Colo from scoring and then scored themselves to win the game. For me the ref bad call decides a game when you don’t have the opportunity to recover from it, Lithuania still was alive.

It's huge difference when you have -2 and you have -3. If that FT was counted, we had -2 in the last possession. It's one way to ho after three points and two, it's a day and night. I would say that decision was the key.

vivo
09-07-2019, 05:35 PM
I wasn't able to see the game unfortunately, so I would appreciate if anyone can sum up how De Colo played. I only saw his winner

usagre
09-07-2019, 05:37 PM
It's huge difference when you have -2 and you have -3. If that FT was counted, we had -2 in the last possession. It's one way to ho after three points and two, it's a day and night. I would say that decision was the key.

Like I said it was a big call and put you in a disadvantage, but I can come up with countless scenarios in which you can still win the game, the easiest being the one I mentioned above. I can’t see how anyone can say that it decided the game.

Dreamcatcher
09-07-2019, 06:00 PM

And press conference with Adomaitis has been deleted. What a shameful organisation FIBA is and so bad it has to do with my beloved sport. I feel bad.

Straight forward
09-07-2019, 06:14 PM
In a way refs put France under the fire as well. Now they have to predend that everything was legal and they won fair and square while they did not, but not because of their fault. It wasn't the only moment which took points of ours. JV under the rim shooting and he gets fouled, but refs silent, he grabs rebound after his own miss and scores with another foul and refs call it. But instead 2+1, the play which they called, they actually fixated the previous situation when they didn't whistle. It's hilarous at what level these games are being handled.

Straight forward
09-07-2019, 06:16 PM
Like I said it was a big call and put you in a disadvantage, but I can come up with countless scenarios in which you can still win the game, the easiest being the one I mentioned above. I can’t see how anyone can say that it decided the game.

Yup, but that's still huuugeee. It's not like some random mistake. They take away -1 for you with a minute to go. Come on...

vivo
09-07-2019, 06:19 PM
And press conference with Adomaitis has been deleted. What a shameful organisation FIBA is and so bad it has to do with my beloved sport. I feel bad.

I watched it, I like it. Bullshit must be called out

ZaliaBalta
09-07-2019, 07:20 PM
Ar jūs juokaujat, blet?

Srle
09-07-2019, 08:29 PM
In a way refs put France under the fire as well. Now they have to predend that everything was legal and they won fair and square while they did not, but not because of their fault. It wasn't the only moment which took points of ours. JV under the rim shooting and he gets fouled, but refs silent, he grabs rebound after his own miss and scores with another foul and refs call it. But instead 2+1, the play which they called, they actually fixated the previous situation when they didn't whistle. It's hilarous at what level these games are being handled.

They had the lead pretty much for the entirety of the game, its not like Lithuania was dominating the game. It was the bad call but its not underseved Freanch win.

Straight forward
09-07-2019, 08:33 PM
They had the lead pretty much for the entirety of the game, its not like Lithuania was dominating the game. It was the bad call but its not underseved Freanch win.

That was my point, France probably had their win anyway and they played good game. But now Collet had to say Liths have nothing to complain about and sh which is not convenient for him. Liths have a bit to complain about and I'm sure Collet understands that.

markkanen
09-07-2019, 10:22 PM
Strange decision, very strange... :mad: To bad for Lithuania, no luck at all. The toughest group in the first round, toughest group in second round, and now this decision.

It's true that Lithuania doesnt have proper PGs and SGs. What after Kalnietis (big respect to that guy)? There are only Lekavicius and Grigonis.

France is much better team, with 3-4 superstars, and they have guards, Lithuania have only Kalnietis.

FIBA did, does and will do some really bad things to international basketball, they are just some random bureaucrats.

Nemanja
09-07-2019, 10:52 PM
Surprising finish on the tournament of Lithuania.Like with all in a life there are a lot of reason why that happened .Difficult first group ,difficult second group ,2 dramatic similar games ,they lose both . My opinion is first mistake made with squad .Valanciunas,Sabonis and Jankunas are naturally players on pf and center ,Maciulis,Kuzminskas a little play on pf ,but obvious problem when you have one player on center and second which is first power forward .Echodas could do a job for 5 till 10 minutes per game can releave roation ,also Lithunia dont have player of such type,strong,good defender .

What I wrote about Jokic in Serbia,case is even worse in Lithuania.Sabonis conduct is unbelieavable . Most loud on court ,mostly he make mistake in key moments,coach rarely substitute him .

Obviously,coach on Lithuania ,didnt demonstate their quality when was time for that .When things depends of hem,he makes mistakes . Unrecognition of moments and situation in the game ,losing of pace ,when he needs a react he didnt .Turn similar offense calling and similar spacing in attack ,which lowered abilities of some players.

Shoot of Lithuania was very problematic on both crucial games .My opinion ,that is consequence of earlier mentioned things ,spacing,missing rhytme ,wrongly using of some players .Butkevicius isnt on level of Nt of Lithuania . Giedraitis isnt used,he could do it with shoots,with move .Kuzminskas wandered during complete tournament .

Lithuanian defense also wasnt on high level of their possibilities .Pnr defense is drop ,rim protection isnt so good ,Baynes completely overcome Valanciunas .Guards and forwards arent play defense on perimeter what they played for example in period 2013-15 ,similar player,though older ,but passive more than is necessary,in regard of phisical abilities ,conspicious contact play ,long arms.

Hepcat
09-07-2019, 11:40 PM
Referees' level on this WC is really really low, and FIBA decided to ban Euroleague's refs... What a disgusting decision!

I didn't know that! That's an outrage! All that blathering on developing the sport on FIBA's part is clearly just that - blather.

:mad:

Hepcat
09-07-2019, 11:43 PM

Agreed!

:cool:

Hepcat
09-07-2019, 11:52 PM
And press conference with Adomaitis has been deleted.

Somebody must have saved it. It should show up on Youtube or somewhere.

:confused:

Hepcat
09-07-2019, 11:56 PM
Ar jūs juokaujat, blet?

English only!

Translation: Are you joking, ???

:eek:

LuDux
09-08-2019, 12:17 AM
Somebody must have saved it. It should show up on Youtube or somewhere. :confused: 55 seconds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8Rojh8DPS4

MrRager
09-08-2019, 09:03 AM
What's even funnier, the same ref who made that mistake yesterday - Antonio Conde - made the EXACT SAME MISTAKE in the game between Brazil and Greece. What a circus! :D

Levenspiel
09-08-2019, 09:18 AM
FIBA released a statement, admitting it was a mistake & notifying the officials will not be assigned to any further WC games.

https://twitter.com/FIBA_media/status/1170576102676410369

Mr Chacho
09-08-2019, 10:38 AM
What's even funnier, the same ref who made that mistake yesterday - Antonio Conde - made the EXACT SAME MISTAKE in the game between Brazil and Greece. What a circus! :D

I told that spanish refs are the worst in Europe.

Rewatch the last Copa del Rey final, unsportmanlike by Randolph not called, and a clear rebound called as illegal block after watching the instant replay. Everybody saw a rebound, but the refs no.

Straight forward
09-08-2019, 11:10 AM
FIBA released a statement, admitting it was a mistake & notifying the officials will not be assigned to any further WC games.

https://twitter.com/FIBA_media/status/1170576102676410369

That's the least what they could do. According to our players, one ref in the game Lith-Aussies said to one of out players in the 4th quarter "I'm exited to be here, it's a first game like this to me". FIBA collected real PROS... and we got a lot of that this time.

madmax
09-08-2019, 11:22 AM
FIBA is really doing themselves no favours by alienating their relations with Euroleague and it's body of refs and consequently getting their reputation tainted by hiring all of these rookie amateur level refs. They just really seem to me like a very unpleasant and uncompromisingn organisation, who could care less about advancing the game of basketball quality wise and instead taking the shortcut by grabbing as much money as possible in asian market. But I guess that's their desperate attempt at trying to match football's popularity (which is never gonna happen lol) by milking the chinese market as much as possible

Picek
09-09-2019, 06:24 AM
.Lamonica, Dovidavicius and Drabikovsky.
Novi Sad 2005.

I can't remember my wifes cousins and family member names but those three bastards I can name you if you would wake me up at anytime of the night.

10-15-20 years ago when you would say Lithuania basketball first thing you would think of is shooting threes.
how come this team is so utterly bad at it so they don't even try?
is it because Lithuania basketball schools are adapting their style of play to the ones of other basketball schools or is it just a generational thing and this generation is simply bad at it?

anon9000
09-09-2019, 06:36 AM
FIBA is really doing themselves no favours by alienating their relations with Euroleague and it's body of refs and consequently getting their reputation tainted by hiring all of these rookie amateur level refs. They just really seem to me like a very unpleasant and uncompromisingn organisation, who could care less about advancing the game of basketball quality wise and instead taking the shortcut by grabbing as much money as possible in asian market. But I guess that's their desperate attempt at trying to match football's popularity (which is never gonna happen lol) by milking the chinese market as much as possible

They have shown their true colors as being biased and another greedy organization.

Football and baseball are more global than basketball, eventually the Chinese and some Asian countries will realize its not the primary sport for them in a decade or so.

Picek
09-09-2019, 07:36 AM
Football and baseball are more global than basketball, eventually the Chinese and some Asian countries will realize its not the primary sport for them in a decade or so.baseball doesn't exist except in US, Mexico and surrounding island states, Japan and some other asian countries.

Modis
09-09-2019, 09:10 AM
10-15-20 years ago when you would say Lithuania basketball first thing you would think of is shooting threes.
how come this team is so utterly bad at it so they don't even try?
is it because Lithuania basketball schools are adapting their style of play to the ones of other basketball schools or is it just a generational thing and this generation is simply bad at it?

Well yeh its not rocket science this generation is simply bad at it we don't have anymore strong individuals . Liths here blame Adomaitis to much for a lot of things forgetting what an average team this actually is on paper.

Nemanja
09-09-2019, 12:39 PM
28 shoots of France in first half,22 attempt of Fournier,De Colo and Batum .Drop defense of Australia with Baynes which stands deep,will make problem to Australia against France .Offensive solutions when Mills and Baynes are not protagonists are weak .I would give advantage to France for win .

Straight forward
09-09-2019, 01:47 PM
Baynes shooting threes like crazy! :) I knew he has it even before the WC.

Great games, both teams are good at clutch.

Shawshank
09-09-2019, 02:07 PM
Best game by far in this tournament!

Darrell Armstrong
09-09-2019, 02:08 PM
What a game from both teams. Best of the tournament so far. And you have to give credit to Liths because they took them both to the limit. Wouldn't surprise me if both advanced to SFs.

Straight forward
09-09-2019, 02:08 PM
Yeah, but no-one really cares somehow :) Not many Aussies and French fans here...

Nemanja
09-09-2019, 02:10 PM
France s` mistakes in defense decided the game . Australia looks better than it is . Has a lot of lacks ,in some segments are unsustainable good ,for example ,Baynes 5 make shoots 3p ,their defense leaves full of space of possibilities .My opinion,they dont have a lot of chances against Usa .Interesting ,if France lose against Usa,between Usa,Australia,Spain,Serbia,Argentina ,no one of those teams isnt reliable in sense that you know they play good key game .So,there are a lot opportunities for results in continuation of tournament .I have most sympathy for France ,but they are in difficult situation ,but if some team win against Usa,that will be France .

Roofman
09-09-2019, 03:05 PM
Thank you Vincent Collet for playing Gobert against Baynes for the whole game. I hope Australia doesn't run out of gas with a shorter rotation, but team is totally locked in and committed. I was at the two games in Nanjing, and I see the belief and steel there. Team chemistry is perfect.

Dtown
09-09-2019, 03:08 PM
Aussies having a fantastic tournament, and I'm happy we don't have to face them next round. Not that the French have been any easier, but I'm quietly rooting for Australia to medal and perhaps get some revenge on Spain.