Lietuvos Rytas 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lietuvos Rytas 2008

Here we will talk about best Lithuanian team. Everything about trades, rumours, LKL, BBL, EL etc... I hope it will be clean without other team fans silly excuses.
    Here is the link to the EN website http://bc.lrytas.lt/en/

Now Rytas leads BBL, LKL, and is leader of Euroleague group B.

Originally posted by Test
    Here we will talk about best Lithuanian team.
    Isn't Zalgiris the champs in Lithuania?

Originally posted by parso
    Gomelsky doesn't know @@@@ about basketball
    Originally posted by sseppel
    it's not asking too much for someone to know where the fuck he is.
    Originally posted by UMUT_FB_LAL
    Scola makes me wanna touch myself, no homo

Comment

Please keep this tread clean without any zalgiris words here. I am talking about year 2008. I want at least one tread about Rytas without any zalgiris stuff. It is just not interesting.

Comment

Now Rytas leads BBL, LKL, and is leader of Euroleague group B.

Good that rytas is doing well and maybe, hopefully, we will not have coach change in the middle of the season or other crazy things like that. It almost has became a tradition lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan van Grabski
          Good that rytas is doing well and maybe, hopefully, we will not have coach change in the middle of the season or other crazy things like that. It almost has became a tradition lately.
          Indeed, I also don't want changes like that. Though I used to like Mahoric, Spahja, Sagadin, but... At the moment everything is great and I enjoy the way they play, team spirit and character!
          2nd in IBN EuroBasket 2011 Prediction!
          2nd in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction!
          MVP in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction! # Correct W-L: re5pectas (59)
          All-Tornament Team in IBN EuroBasket 2015 Prediction! Perfect score: re5pectas (7)
          All-Tornament Team in IBN World Cup 2019 Prediction! Perfect score: re5pectas (5)
          2nd in IBN Olympic 2020 Predicion! Perfect score: re5pectas (2) Within 8: re5pectas (8) # Correct W-L: re5pectas (23)

Comment

Originally posted by ArkadiosV2
            Isn't Zalgiris the champs in Lithuania?
            We are the current champs, but some guys just won't admit there can be a better team in Lithuania than Rytas.

Anyway... Calm down, guys... We are the champs... But Rytas might be the best team in the country at the moment (I readily admit that, after the game in Vilnius... we have to draw conclusions and come back stronger ... ) ... If we dont' reinforce us at the C position, I can see sad Lithuanian league finals for Ž ...

There's no need for that bashing in this thread, don't you agree?

Right now, Rytas is fighting for the first seed in the Top16 draw baskets, and that's all that matters. BBL regular season doesn't matter, and the LKL game in Kaunas is still far away (Žalgiris will have to fight back 10 points in Sporto Halė - that'll be a great battle).

Comment

I think that many people in Lithuania support both teams. I live in Vilnius and watch both games, although I may have a slight edge on LR when they play each other I dont think there is the need to all of a sudden hate the other team. If Zalgiris beats LR I can still leave happy knowing I watched a great game.

This is something that is unique here that we dont have the violence associated with football hooliganism in basketball and people are very respectful to each other. I hope this stays for ever and a day and basketball is the winner of it all!!

Comment

There are rumours that Jackson Vroman will play in Rytas. Nielsen out so Rytas need replacement.

His stats are awesome, and video shows he really similar to Matt Nielsen

Vienas pagrindiniu kandidatu i 07/08 Lietuvos Ryta. 2006.12.12 pries Hemofarm

Comment

Some interesting/weird news - Lietuvos Rytas intends to participate in the Euroleague's Junior Tournament. Well, actually they first have to pass the qualification round which is being organized in Serbia this March. This all sounds great and encouraging with the small/tiny problem being - Rytas does not have junior team

Management intends to gather players from Vilnius basketball school and Marciulionis Academy to represent Rytas in this tournament. While Vainauskas claims that this is the first step towards fully fledged junior team. I hope this is true, but....

Comment

There are rumours that Jackson Vroman will play in Rytas. Nielsen out so Rytas need replacement.

His stats are awesome, and video shows he really similar to Matt Nielsen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spSWRP7YTXs
                    good for Rytas if they have the money for such players in mid-season...

Comment

Originally posted by Jan van Grabski
                      Some interesting/weird news - Lietuvos Rytas intends to participate in the Euroleague's Junior Tournament. Well, actually they first have to pass the qualification round which is being organized in Serbia this March. This all sounds great and encouraging with the small/tiny problem being - Rytas does not have junior team

Management intends to gather players from Vilnius basketball school and Marciulionis Academy to represent Rytas in this tournament. While Vainauskas claims that this is the first step towards fully fledged junior team. I hope this is true, but....
                      I hope Rytas will never have a junior team, less money will be thrown away.
                      And thats why Rytas has extra money and thats why Vroman is officialy part of the team now.

Now one player will be fired. My guess it is JP Batista

Comment

I hope Rytas will never have a junior team, less money will be thrown away.
                        And thats why Rytas has extra money and thats why Vroman is officialy part of the team now.

We clearly have different perspectives.....You seem to be more focused on short-term gains, that's okey. And i agree that juniour team might be additional headache and burden. But as i see it......having a juniour team might be a long term investment as well. If you are able to run the development system pretty sucesfull (talent identification, practise system, coaches....) it means you can get more extra money, as well as possibility to sign better players than Vroman.

Comment

Thats it. Long investment. Other Lithuanian team have a junior team and what? Lithuanian NT core Macas, Siska, Lavrinovic Twins, Songaila, Kleiza, Saras, Kaukenas.... they never played in any junior team. Maybe I am wrong but I think player must play in real team since he is teenager. Look at Rubio. He plays in men team and learn from men, We have nice team Sakalai, Siska, Jasaitis came from sakalai. Since they were like 17 year old boys they played with experienced people. And now who are they?
                          And lets take a look on a junior team: Shilinskis, Dilys.. They played many games in Junior team and they learned from Juniors and they stay Juniors

Good example is Gecevicius. He plays in Rytas main team and coach gives him time to play among men. While Milaknis is playing in junior team and stays junior
                          Last edited by Test; 02-01-2008, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Thats it. Long investment. Other Lithuanian team have a junior team and what? Lithuanian NT core Macas, Siska, Lavrinovic Twins, Songaila, Kleiza, Saras, Kaukenas.... they never played in any junior team. Maybe I am wrong but I think player must play in real team since he is teenager. Look at Rubio. He plays in men team and learn from men, We have nice team Sakalai, Siska, Jasaitis came from sakalai. Since they were like 17 year old boys they played with experienced people. And now who are they?
                            And lets take a look on a junior team: Shilinskis, Dilys.. They played many games in Junior team and they learned from Juniors and they stay Juniors

Good example is Gecevicius. He plays in Rytas main team and coach gives him time to play among men. While Milaknis is playing in junior team and stays junior

Rubio...lol. I dont think teenagers have to play in proffesional teams...not until they are ready to contribute at least something, otherwise warming the bench is not the best idea. Players like Rubio are freaks of nature, and you dont find many like him. He could carry on in the men's team because of his talent, being only 17 ? Besides he actually played in junior team of Joventut, is not like he emerged from nowhere. Whatever

You mentioned lots of names....in a very selective way i would say, but i am too tired to argue.

Comment

aboout this junor team in my opinion there are enough of them (two) in the town, so i dont see popuse of making another one just to give the name of lrytas juniors whatever...
                              about proffesional youth team (reserves) i think we are in some relationship with mru team from nkl and its enough, i personally dont need another team to change name to lrytas b or something just because zalgiris fans could stop whining about them creating future to our nt (in seven years two players jankunas and maciulis
                              Think locally fuck globally!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information