PDA

View Full Version : Radions Kurucs

Straight forward
12-18-2018, 01:17 PM
Is Radions Kurucs next Kirilenko? Nah, probably not that good or all around, but he really reminds me of him. Lately 20yo really delivering.

OT: It's time to talk about Latvian BB renaissance - Porzingis, Davis Bertans, Rodions Kurucs already in NBA. Then Anzejs Pasecniks is drafted as 25 pick, Arturs Zagars and other prospects coming up.

Here's highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZR5mgrWjLk

Levenspiel
12-18-2018, 01:32 PM
I've recently watched two games of him (vs 76ers and vs Wizards), and he was indeed pretty effective, with game-impacting defense & offense. I didn't know him except for his name, but he looks like a solid player.

Straight forward
12-18-2018, 03:52 PM
I've recently watched two games of him (vs 76ers and vs Wizards), and he was indeed pretty effective, with game-impacting defense & offense. I didn't know him except for his name, but he looks like a solid player.

Indeed. I watched some more highlights and my comparison with Kirilenko was out of hand a little bit. Kurucs is not a SF/PF player as Kirilenko was, he's a pure traditional SF with surprisingly quick step and aggressive slashes, or maybe even a SG/SF wing for current trends of the NBA (guards getting taller kind of trend, sort of).

OT: I mean Latvia has a dynamic 5-three positions: Porzingis, Davis, Kurucs...doesn't get much better than that.

markkanen
12-18-2018, 05:10 PM
Strelnieks
Dairis Bertans
Timma, Kurucs
Davis Bertans
Porzigins, Pasecniks

Latvia can be a strong force in near future if they have all of their players.

Straight forward
12-18-2018, 10:22 PM
Barselona was stupid enough not to play this guy. Something.