PDA

View Full Version : Jazz trade Gordan Giricek to 76ers

BBallfanJ
12-30-2007, 12:56 AM
The Utah Jazz have traded disgruntled SG Gordon Giricek to Philadelphia for Kyle Korver.

TchatoLT
12-30-2007, 01:03 AM
I think it's great for the Jazz, because Giricek is already 30 and he has a difficult personality which not every coach can handle. Korver is only 26 and is one of the best shooters in the NBA. I think he can become the next Matt Harpring for the Jazz if he gets enough opportunities.

Markoishvili
12-30-2007, 07:38 AM
Giricek will be back in Europe after his contract expires. Tau Ceramica is early favorite for his signing.

elaj
12-30-2007, 08:48 AM
Giricek will be back in Europe after his contract expires. Tau Ceramica is early favorite for his signing.
Ofcourse he will be back to Europe, nobody in NBA can/will offer him as much money he can get in Europe. In my opinion it's a good trade in favour of Utah Jazz.

Neozyrus
12-30-2007, 02:36 PM
Personally i really would like to see him in TAU, although if Spahija leaves, with his attitude, would he still would like to go to TAU?

Anyway i think is time for him to come back, he has already given all that he could in NBA imo.

And yes, i agree that Korver with some minutes could do really good things.

Markoishvili
12-30-2007, 07:04 PM
I think Jazz are clear lossers in this trade, except for getting rid of disgruntled player, what did they achieve. They gave up first round pick (wtf?) and take on Korver`s big contract. With Miles playing well recently, there is a chance Sloan won`t play Korver much since he is terrible defender.

TchatoLT
01-03-2008, 08:38 AM
Last night Jazz played against Sixers.

Gordan Giricek: 13 minutes, 4pts, 1 reb
Kyle Korver: 11 minutes, 14 pts, 1 reb (FG: 3/4 ; FT: 6/7)

jugoplastika
01-15-2008, 11:12 AM

Oh God, noooooo...:mad:

Gira, just don`t come to Tau or Unicaja...

Straight forward
01-15-2008, 02:41 PM
Oh God, noooooo...:mad:

Gira, just don`t come to Tau or Unicaja...

why are you saying that?

jugoplastika
01-16-2008, 02:21 PM
why are you saying that?

Because I hate him/don`t like him, whatever you want.
Because Tau and Unicaja are too good teams for Gira`s performances in last
3 seasons.
Because I like those 2 teams.
Because he doesn`t deserve big contract, but unfortunately he will get nice salary cause of fact he was in NBA few seasons.
Because he avoids playing for Croatian bball national team.
Because he is looking like a gay last few years, wearing fency (or better to say - typical gay) clothes, t-shirts, sunglasses, bag etc.

Wanna more?

mvblair
01-16-2008, 03:38 PM
It looks like Giricek's situation is as bad in Philly as it was in Utah, except Philadelphia is a much worse team. They've lost 7 of 9 games since Giricek came, with Giricek averaging only 12 minutes in 6 of those games.

I still think he's a 10-15 point player in the NBA. I'm not sure what the "coaching" issue is, because I've never understood how a player can be "uncoachable."

We still need a shooter in Cleveland, so I'd be happy to see him here! If Giricek can't get a contract with a team that needs a small shooter, he should pack up his bags and move to the EL.

jugoplastika
01-20-2008, 10:17 PM
he should pack up his bags and move to the EL.

EL > NBA

mvblair
03-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Giricek had 18 points, 3 rebounds, and 2 assists in 30 minutes for a Phoenix victory over Memphis.

For those of you who don't know:

iricek signs with Suns, hoping he's finally in right spot (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Giricek-signs-with-Suns-hoping-he-s-finally-in-;_ylt=Aq3xy0MXihz4FJUQbbRcVRKkvLYF?urn=nba,70049) -- March 5, 2008

Gordan Giricek flew into Portland on Monday night and signed Tuesday morning with the Phoenix Suns after clearing waivers, just in time to join the Suns shootaround at the Rose Garden. Suns coach Mike D'Antoni said he would play Giricek, 30, in the first half of Tuesday's game and go by feel from there.

"I'll come here and work hard and try to help the team as much as I can," said Giricek, a 36.7 percent career 3-point shooter who will play on the wing opposite Raja Bell, Leandro Barbosa or Grant Hill. "I was always believing that I can find my spot in the NBA. And it happened. I hope I'm in the right spot. I'm going to give my best."

Born in Zagreb, Croatia, Giricek, at 6 feet 6 and 220 pounds, was signed to a veteran's minimum contract for the remainder of the season. He will be playoff eligible for the Suns.

"We have high hopes for him obviously or we wouldn't have done it," D'Antoni said. "We think he can spread the floor and knock down 3s and 2s. We'll see what he can do. I don't want to say he's the savior. He's not a savior. He's just going to be another good basketball player on the team."

Source: Arizona Republic
The Gordon we know and love (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/photo;_ylt=AvOk7cL3gEHMVQ8LgwD4h.qkvLYF?slug=93a3c 8db04ebde4744c82ec7d7f157a5-getty-76076039bg015_grizzlies_suns&prov=getty)

Neozyrus
03-13-2008, 01:40 AM
For what i know about him, Giricek is a great shooter with a sometimes peculliar personallity.

Im glad he arrived in Phoenix, they needed more players in the rotation, and although maybe they didnt needed more small men, its still good cause the team now has a reliable shooter and he's having some good minutes.
So i hope he continues more or less this way so he can prove (again) that, as u said, he's an "easily 10-15 points per game" player.

Picek
03-16-2008, 07:57 AM
23 points on 9/14 shooting, 5 assists and 5 rebounds in 33 minutes against Sacramento..
not bad for a player who was waived by Philly and sent away from Salt Lake City..

mvblair
03-16-2008, 04:08 PM
23 points on 9/14 shooting, 5 assists and 5 rebounds in 33 minutes against Sacramento..
not bad for a player who was waived by Philly and sent away from Salt Lake City..
Wow. He's playing like an All-Star! It's so weird when these things happen, just like Beno Udrih.