Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Le Mans Champion , IN EL for 3 years !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Le Mans Champion , IN EL for 3 years !!!

Yesterday , Le Mans took the better of Nancy , in a final that was played in the Bercy stadium in front of an attendance of 15.000 . Once again , the final was played in 1 game , a strange habit supposedly adopted in order to please medias ..
    Le Mans had a tough start , being completely overwhelmed by Nancy's power under the rim at first . Julian , and especially Zianveni , grabbed an incredible number of rebounds and it appeared like Le Mans wouldn't be able to keep up with the player from the east . Still , thanks to its outside shooting , Le mans finished the 1st quarter with only 6 points less than Nancy .

This tendency lasted until the start of the second half , and the ermergence of the turk center Besok , who completely took over the game and scored 26 pts in 21 mn . Besok already had nearly offered the victory to Le Mans againt Pau in the previous play off round , and just put out a real show for the last 20 minutes , including a decisive period in which he scored 10 pts in 5 mn ( 8 mn to play , 4th quarter) .

He was also helped by kenny gregory , who compiled 25 pts (12/17 fg 1/3 3 pts) in 34 mn . The US forward , an astonishing leaper , is always precious for his ability to attack the rim , and his shot mechanic has improved over the year .

As for the french players , Bokolo stood out by his fierce will to win , always jumping , running , and even blocking a lay up attempted by Boyette in high altitude .His stats went unnoticed , but he was really decisive defensively , and in the attitude . Really a game where he demonstrated a big heart on top of his ability to play for the team . Maljkovic , who was in the attendance
    , certainly noticed .

But possibly even more than title , that had escaped le mans for 24 years , the good news comes from the euroligue ticket for the next 3 years that the team inherited thanks to the top rank they reached in the ranking after the victory . Pau was still leading the ranking before the game , so the pressure was quite high on the Le Mans' shoulders .

Gregory and Koffi had stated that they would leave the team in case the game was lost , so there is a chance that the 2 players will finally re sign . Still , both must be courted and Le Mans will have to be...generous

if some of you are interested in seeing the final ... ask me in pvt .
    Last edited by Ballstorm; 06-19-2006, 09:33 AM.
    “Asked if he would consider becoming a coach someday…Strickland looked up at his questioner with incredulity. ‘What, and coach people like me?"

congrats to Le Mans, I was quite surprised they got 3 years contract, I thought Pau is in the lead for that. But changes are definately welcomed...
    now you'll get EL games in your home town- right?
    Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Vincet Collet , coach of Le Mans stated that he wanted 9 pro. players ans Nicolas batum . ( Nicolas Batum is considered one of the top 3 players of 1988 . 200 cm , can shoot ,is athletic ..great bball IQ ..and formed at le mans) .

Koffi had apprently claimed that he would stay in le mans if the club played the EL , so he should be there . NOw , he doesn't have a contract yet . He needs at least 1 year in EL before possibly try to play in NBA .

Mahinmi , the PF/C drafted by San Antonio last year , is rumoured to be in contact with le mans too . The young french player has made steady progresses these last years and would certainly learn a lot under Collet's tutelage .

The team will also need a strong center , who probably won't be the Turk Besok , despite his incredible games in play-off and his title of MVP of the final .
      “Asked if he would consider becoming a coach someday…Strickland looked up at his questioner with incredulity. ‘What, and coach people like me?"

Comment

First signature for le mans , Fred Adjiwanou , (206 cm , PF) , 13 pts (61% 2 pts) 6.3 rbds , 1 stl in 28 mn ( played in reims last year ).

Comment

The rumour says Kenny Gregory could join Strasbourg IG, last year's champion. SIG, who already lost Riccardo Greer to Pau and his main PG Jeanneau to Asvel, needs also to deal with the retirement of Crawford Palmer, one of its best player during the PO's. Jermaine Guice and Jason Rowe are also said to be joining Strasbourg for the next season(s).

Comment

Welcome onboard , Jilou !

feel free to open a new thread to talk about strasbourg .

Bstorm .

Comment

Le mans re signed kenny gregory (excellent last year , wonderful athelte and not as bad a shooter as previously advertised) , eric campbell ( tough little inside player who can nail a few bombs from long distance) , and recently added Bogavac Nebojsa who was last year in spain . (leche rio). a dreadful shooter who should be delighted in le mans' system .

if any of you knows Bogavac Nebojsa well , please share

Comment

I can't say anything in detail about Bogavac what you haven't already said...
                As you said Bogavac is a great spot up shooter and could be used as a role player in any high caliber team... the defense is what imo prevents him from that.
                Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

well, They also add sandro nicevic, a nice center.

The Final was a good game, but, nancy will get it next year...
                  I'm gonna play there, 5th team of the Sluc...
                  It's a bird? It's a plane? No, it's Rudy!

Comment

i know nebojsa. he is from my town. he is one of the best 3point shooter. he was going in same class with vlado scepanovic.

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information