X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncontacted Indians spotted from the air

'They exist' - uncontacted Indians spotted from the air
    1 October 2007

Twenty-one uncontacted Indians have been spotted from the air during a flight over one of the most remote parts of the Peruvian rainforest. Their territory is currently being targeted by illegal loggers.

The Indians were spotted on the shores of the Las Piedras river in Peru’s south-eastern Amazon. They left their shelters on the beach to watch the plane, chartered by Peru’s Environment Agency, fly overhead. During the plane’s second pass, one of the Indian women, carrying arrows and accompanied by a small boy, gestured aggressively, whilst the rest of the group sought refuge in the undergrowth.

‘This is the most recent recorded sighting of them,’ stated Peru’s national Indian organisation, AIDESEP. ‘The uncontacted tribes exist. If we don’t act now, tomorrow could be too late.’

In total, there are an estimated 15 uncontacted tribes in Peru and all of them are under severe threat, mainly from logging and oil exploration. Because of their isolation, they do not have immunity to outsiders’ diseases and any form of contact can be fatal for them.

The sighting comes after the chairman of Perupetro, Peru’s state oil company, stated that it was ‘absurd to say there are uncontacted peoples when no one has seen them’, while another Perupetro spokesperson compared the tribes to the Loch Ness monster.

Survival’s director Stephen Corry said today, ‘What further proof is needed of the uncontacted tribes’ existence? There they are for all the world to see – Peru’s most vulnerable citizens whose government now needs to do its duty by them. It is time for their rights to their land to be recognised and respected, for oil and gas exploration to be banned from their territories, and for all loggers and other outsiders to be removed.’

For further information contact Miriam Ross on (+44) (0)20 7687 8734 or email mr@survival-international.org
    http://www.survival-international.org/news/2507 (contains pics)
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Poor Indians, who live without the little pleasures of life like the flue, mcdonalds, tv and cigarettes.

Originally posted by parso
    Gomelsky doesn't know @@@@ about basketball
    Originally posted by sseppel
    it's not asking too much for someone to know where the fuck he is.
    Originally posted by UMUT_FB_LAL
    Scola makes me wanna touch myself, no homo

Comment

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Apparently these people are still unaccounted for in today's civilization. I bet they are not on the census, and if the helicopter dropped a few bombs on them nobody would know. How interesting.

So the question is: Does the government have a duty to incorporate these individuals in the society or just leave them in the jungles?

For some reason Tom Hank's "Splash" comes to mind...
      aim low, score high

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball
        So the question is: Does the government have a duty to incorporate these individuals in the society or just leave them in the jungles?
        My guess is that these Natives are aware of a larger outside civilization. They've probably seen logging trucks and heard from other tribes about this outside world. I think they're making a conscious choice not to be a part of it. And, I suppose, they have the right to do that. We should respect that right to live alone.
        "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Lost tribe? Eh .... let me think .... No!

Link

Comment

Well uncontacted doesn't mean that the tribe wasn't known. They simply had very little or no contact whatsoever with external people. It's two different things. I guess the words were chosen with great care.
            Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
            Artificial Nature

Comment

Some articles used word "lost" some "uncontacted"

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/warner-...ously-reported
              The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Originally posted by ArkadiosV2
                Poor Indians, who live without the little pleasures of life like the flue, mcdonalds, tv and cigarettes.
                I bet they smoke heavier stuff than tobacco down there.
                Anyway i am packing a suitcase with mirrors, bells and whistles and i'm going over there to trade for some land
                sigpic

The basketball shop.

https://www.interbasket.net/forums/s...-Obradovic-Era

Comment

Originally posted by LuDux
                  Some articles used word "lost" some "uncontacted"
                  Don't sweat it guys, I really doubt if 'uncontacted' is even a real word... so 'lost' wins...

Originally posted by parso
                  Gomelsky doesn't know @@@@ about basketball
                  Originally posted by sseppel
                  it's not asking too much for someone to know where the fuck he is.
                  Originally posted by UMUT_FB_LAL
                  Scola makes me wanna touch myself, no homo

Comment

it was a hoax, i dont know if anyone posted here, but im too damn lazy right now im smokin my well im blazed right now, but i can tell you in a very sober manner, it was a hoax
                    "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

Sounds like the "lost tribe" from the Phillipines back in the '80s.
                      Originally posted by mvblair
                      My guess is that these Natives are aware of a larger outside civilization. They've probably seen logging trucks and heard from other tribes about this outside world. I think they're making a conscious choice not to be a part of it. And, I suppose, they have the right to do that. We should respect that right to live alone.
                      You're so smart, Matt.
                      "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Originally posted by mvblair
                        Sounds like the "lost tribe" from the Phillipines back in the '80s.
                        Fundi Driveby:
                        Unfortunately Manuel Elizalde Jr. absconded with a large bankroll of money allegedly taken from funds set aside to provide lands for the Tasaday.

Wikipedia:
                        Though it had been rumored Elizalde left with and eventually squandered millions of dollars from a foundation set up to protect the Tasaday, Elizalde actually returned to the Philippines in 1987 and stayed until his death on May 3, 1997 of bone marrow cancer.

Fundi Driveby:
                        As it turned out a minor official by the name of Manuel Elizalde Jr., paid local farmers to live in the caves, take off their clothes, and appear Stone Age.

Wikipedia:
                        Two years later, during the making of a BBC documentary, the same two Tasaday (Lobo and Adug) watched the 20/20 program with a group of other Tasaday and confessed to the gathering that they had lied to the interviewers because, "Galang said if we would say what he told us we could have cigarettes, clothing, anything we wanted."[1] On future video and radio programs, Galang confirmed the Tasadays' statement.
                        The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information