Barons/LMT presents the team of 2007/2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barons/LMT presents the team of 2007/2008

Barons club has completed its roster. That was said in the press conference. With the addition of two new players- Adomaitis (arrived form Gravelines, France) and Alexander (from Cajasol, ACB)- the roster now is complete.

It's 3 years deal with Alexander and 1 year with Adomaitis.It was said that Alexander is player who can play both center and power forward. Also the existing deals with sponsors were extended. Latvian Mobile Telecomunications (LMT) stays as a general sponsor and The University of Latvia as an intellectual one (probably more because of it's close ties with the club in past).

GM of the club, Andris Vanags, said that fans should be patient, he understands that fans deserved more than 5 good games in the season last year (LBL semi-finals vs ASK) but this year there is a new coach, new coaching staff and there will be given time to adjust and play the best basketball in spring when there'll be all important games.

Main goals for the club- Latvian Championship Title, Final four in BBL and through the group phase in FIBA EuroCup. GM believes that these goals will be reached. Also he said that there will be some kind of 5 future player group who will be leaders of the Barons farm club in LBL 2nd division and will fight seriously for the place in Barons' roster.

Head Coach Muiznieks said that team will try to reach the goals. Two newest additions arrived only yesterday but team has prepared well with the asistant Teteris while Muiznieks was preparing NT for Eurobasket. He expressed the hope that this season should be beter than the previous one.

Captain of the team Armands Skele said that every player should go on court and play his best game and give all for the victory to bring joy to fans and of course for themselves.

Main roster:

Giedrius Gustas (PG/SG, 190cm, 1980) from Dinamo MR (Russia)
    Raimonds Vaikulis (SG, 191cm, 1980) from BK Ventspils (Latvia)
    Mārtiņš Kravčenko (SG, 191cm, 1985)
    Armands Šķēle (SG, 193cm, 1983)
    Dainius Adomaitis (G/F, 201 cm, 1974) from Gravelines (France)
    Artūrs Brūniņš (SF/PF, 200cm, 1982) from Gipsar Stal (Poland)
    Kaspars Bērziņš (PF/C, 213cm, 1985)
    Kebu Stewart (C, 205 cm, 1973) from Crvena Zvezda (Serbia)
    Michal Hlebowicki (F, 201 cm, 1976) from AEL (Cyprus)
    Demetrius Alexander (F/C, 204 cm, 1975) from Cajasol (Spain, ACB)
    Martins Kravcenko (G, 191 cm, 1985)

Young players that will "fight" for a place in roster

Lauris Mizis- (G/F, 195 cm, 1989) Latvia U-18, bronze medal 2007
    Rūdolfs Rozītis- (G, 187 cm, 1988) Latvia U-20
    Edgars Eglītis- (F/C, 203 cm, 1988) Latvia U-20
    Einārs Tukišs- (G, 195 cm, 1988)
    Kristers Zeidaks (F, 200 cm, 1990) Latvia U-18, bronze medal 2007

SPORTS – sporta ziņas, jaunumi, komentāri, intervijas, video, tiešraides. Seko līdzi svarīgākajam kopā ar mums! | Basketbols, hokejs, futbols u.c.

Very nice roster, even if I am not sure how Kebu Stewart and Demetrius Alexander will co-exist in one team. But this is very strong interior duo and I am also shocked to see Alexander signing 3 years deal.
    Any rumours about money he received from Barons?
    Why you should going out to get a hamburger, if you can get steak at home?

Comment

Originally posted by woma
      Very nice roster, even if I am not sure how Kebu Stewart and Demetrius Alexander will co-exist in one team. But this is very strong interior duo and I am also shocked to see Alexander signing 3 years deal.
      Any rumours about money he received from Barons?
      Yes, that's very strange to see Alexander signing 3 year deal. Maybe his agent got it all wrong or Barons will pay him really big money but i doubt it although Barons don't talk about their budget numbers or salaries much (Only always say that ASK has a bigger budget than they) so i really don't know how much he will earn.

Comment

Working...
      X

Debug Information