Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiya, everybody!!

Hi Gang,

Wow! It's amazing how much InterBasket.Net has changed! I haven't logged in for a little while, but when Stuart told me he did a major change, I just had to check it out. It's grown so much and really matured. I feel bad that I haven't been around to see all this change.

I've been pretty busy the past couple of years since I was really active here. I had a bad teaching position where I (and all the teachers) were really mistreated. Now I'm working in a public school, which is much better. I also got married (picture attached...I'm the fellow walking, not the guy looking in from outside the church). Some of you old-timers may remember me talking about a young lady I met while I was in Costa Rica, way back in 1999. Well, she finally "took the bait." I spent a while there again before we got married and almost took a job there. She's a great girl and I'm so happy to be with her, although wearing this ring can be really irritating.

Anyhow, enough about me. Three big things have happened in my basketball-watching career since I was last here:
    1. Spain won the World Championships - It was a great run for Spain. It signaled the start of the Spanish NT since Fernandez. Spain has always had a great league, but now they can say their NT is as good as anybody.
      As for the US, we brought a fantastic team. Carmelo Anthony could have been the MVP of that tournament.
    2. Cleveland Made it to the Finals - Yeah, we got swept, but it was great. LBJ, Big Z, and Gooden played as well as they could through the whole tournament. Pavlovic and Varejao grew into their own. It was a great play-off run...unfortunately, we've only gotten worse this summer. We've made Pavlovic and Varejao bitter. Big Z is another year older and many pounds heavier. We didn't get any of the big or minor free agents. This year could be rough...
    3. Wright State Went to the Tournament - My alma mater was led by Dashaun Wood, who is a legitimate NBA prospect. He could've gone to a training camp in the NBA, but he just signed with Cantù. He could be the third NBA player from WSU, including Vitaly Potapenko and "Dollar" Bill Edwards. Coach Brownell is better than a school like ours, so thank goodness he came last year.

I'm still very much excited about Latin American and African basketball, as well as the traditional international lines. Basketball is such a great sport...

Anyhow, I'm a little embarrassed to have missed so much time, but I hope none of you mind if I start butting-in again!

--Matt
    "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

One of the historical members of IBN, nice to (finally) meet you
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Comment

Great to have you back Matt.

Look forward to seeing more of you.
      Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
      Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Comment

Congratulations.

Originally posted by parso
        Gomelsky doesn't know @@@@ about basketball
        Originally posted by sseppel
        it's not asking too much for someone to know where the fuck he is.
        Originally posted by UMUT_FB_LAL
        Scola makes me wanna touch myself, no homo

Comment

Wowwwwwwwwwwww.....matt, is that really you ? i hope i dont have my usual weird dream. i am speechless. nice to have you back buddy. and where is the pic ? we want to see the reason why you dumped us for such a very...very...very long time ........

Comment

hey Matt nice having you back...
            Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
            That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Wow mate, long time no see. Nice to have you back!

Comment

You guys are all so nice. Rikhardur, it's good to meet you too. I'm going to try to keep my post count higher than yours as best I can!! :P

Matiz, I got your PMs, buddy. Thanks.

Wow, EG, Trif, Naf...looks like the Greeks have a good welcoming committee!!

Here is the picture. I'll try to attach it here! I'm such a fool for computers...

--Matt
                Attached Files
                "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Dude, get your avatar up quick. You're not truly back until you get that avatar back.

Stuart
                  http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
                  http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
                  http://www.interbasket.net

Comment

Poor lady...
                    and welcome back
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mvblair

--Matt
                      excuse me ?

Comment

Originally posted by mvblair
                        You guys are all so nice. Rikhardur, it's good to meet you too. I'm going to try to keep my post count higher than yours as best I can!! :P

Matiz, I got your PMs, buddy. Thanks.

Here is the picture. I'll try to attach it here! I'm such a fool for computers...

--Matt
                        You did good, dude!

Nice catch indeed

May you have a long and blissful marriage.
                        Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
                        Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Comment

Originally posted by NaF
                          excuse me ?
                          Come on NaF, don't be ashamed, you should be proud for your nation.
                          Instead you go on pretending being a Lithuanian...

Originally posted by parso
                          Gomelsky doesn't know @@@@ about basketball
                          Originally posted by sseppel
                          it's not asking too much for someone to know where the fuck he is.
                          Originally posted by UMUT_FB_LAL
                          Scola makes me wanna touch myself, no homo

Comment

HOLY CRAP! matt welcome back man! we wondered where the hell you went!?!?! talk about a scratch off the MIA list!.

congrats on the wedding!

i made it a few times in ohio doing my road trips but by the point u were gone already in interbasket. we'll have to put a riancheck many yrs later on our basketball game in ohio. im in china for the moment.

stay frosty

Jay
                            "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by NaF
                              excuse me ?
                              Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you were a Panathiniakos fan...my mistake.

Jay, it's good to see you're still hanging around. And Jose, well, well, well...Boricua hasta el fin, Boricua till the end.

--Matt
                              Last edited by mvblair; 09-25-2007, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information