PDA

View Full Version : [1/4 Finals] Greece - Russia

Pages : [1] 2

Levenspiel
09-10-2017, 08:33 PM
Sep 13th, Wednesday.

So, the wolves have been exposed, and it's fair to say they are slight favorites here. Russia on the other hand is having a great tourney. Who will advance to the semis?

Dtown
09-10-2017, 08:36 PM
Russia isn't flashy, but they win. I felt Croatia was much more impressive than Lithuania, and Russia handled them. The group Russia went 4-1 in included Serbia, and Latvia. Yeah I'm going Russia here.

Adon
09-10-2017, 08:45 PM
Sep 13th, Wednesday.

So, the wolves have been exposed, and it's fair to say they are slight favorites here. Russia on the other hand is having a great tourney. Who will advance to the semis?
80% Russia-20% Greece
Russia looks like one level above Lithuania. They crushed Croatia so easily, it was frightening.
Any dog has his day and we had ours with the Liths. Russia is clear favourite hands down.

Killer Bob
09-10-2017, 08:52 PM
80% Russia-20% Greece
Russia looks like one level above Lithuania. They crushed Croatia so easily, it was frightening.
Any dog has his day and we had ours with the Liths. Russia is clear favourite hands down.

Croatia was incredible bad. You just have to stop Shved. It's 55:45 for Russia.

ThePeraCar
09-10-2017, 08:52 PM
ill go with greece , why ? i dont know

Adon
09-10-2017, 08:56 PM
Croatia was incredible bad. You just have to stop Shved. It's 55:45 for Russia.

I saw that only Saric underperformed. Other than that, it was just Russia playing better.

Adon
09-10-2017, 08:57 PM
ill go with greece , why ? i dont know

Perhaps you prefer the usual customer in the semis;)

usagre
09-10-2017, 09:00 PM
I can't believe this Greek team is going to the semis but they are.

GreenFan
09-10-2017, 09:03 PM
There's no way a team like Greece with zero chemistry and inside fights can stand a chance against the Russians. Easy win for Russia this one.

ThePeraCar
09-10-2017, 09:03 PM
Perhaps you prefer the usual customer in the semis;)

if we even reach semis tbh it will be hard this F team of serbia doesnt have that charisma like last few years, it was a good run while it lasted, actually, we have a rule here that it is hard to win vs same team 2x on same tournament, so i would like Russia, i know Djordjevic would make good plan for them even tho he isnt greatest coach

Killer Bob
09-10-2017, 09:04 PM
I saw that only Saric underperformed. Other than that, it was just Russia playing better.

It's enough to know that they receive 101 points. They just did everything wrong and played with no energy. Simon 0 points, Ukic took only 2 shots in 22 minutes. Saric more or less invisible. And Aco didn't change anything the whole game.

Petran
09-10-2017, 09:08 PM

I am not afraid of Russia. They have athletism, but we do as well. Can you clearly state that they have the advantage in any position than the PG one, with that being very close? Calathes can handle Shved and Pap can help.

Valexander
09-10-2017, 09:13 PM
No reason to spend lot's of time for predictions about this match up... lithuanians underestimated our mediocre team, and in the same time overestimated their mediocre team, no match up for shved, or mozgov, in addition to that russian bench today was terrifying...
Easy win for Russia, easy fourth place finish for them, nothing more nothing less.

Any other result will be a disgrace for EB history

Killer Bob
09-10-2017, 09:17 PM
No reason to spend lot's of time for predictions about this match up... lithuanians underestimated out mediocre team, and in the same time overestimated their mediocre team, no match up for shved, or mozgov, in addition to that russian bench today was terrifying...
Easy win for Russia, easy fourth place finish for them, nothing more nothing less.

Any other result will be a disgrace for EB history

Wtf?

What happened to cocky Greeks?;)

Adon
09-10-2017, 09:18 PM
I am not afraid of Russia. They have athletism, but we do as well. Can you clearly state that they have the advantage in any position than the PG one, with that being very close? Calathes can handle Shved and Pap can help.

Have you seen any games of Russia?

archaz
09-10-2017, 09:20 PM
Shved can't play 2 good games in a row, so I will go with Greece, especially if Printezis will wake up.

madmax
09-10-2017, 09:27 PM
Wtf?

shhhh...they are playing the same trolling game again;)
just like the with the Trojan horse in the ancient times, they are trying to lull their opponents into false sense of security

Straight forward
09-10-2017, 09:27 PM
Shved can't play 2 good games in a row, so I will go with Greece, especially if Printezis will wake up.

Why he can't? He will find ways to score. He might mess it up, but he was perfect against Croatia. Greek guards are so much more annoying defenders, but he's surely one of the best guards if not the best one in this EB. He can play 2 good games in a row :)

Killer Bob
09-10-2017, 09:32 PM
just like the with the Trojan horse in the ancient times, they are trying to lull their opponents into false sense of security

This forum will be assimilated by cocky Fener fans, we have to do something. Serbs and 1 slovenian poster are not enough. We want Greeks back.:D

Valexander
09-10-2017, 09:42 PM

Actually this is the discussion in every coffee shop in every athenian square... no pointless mind games..
2 things happend
1. We woke up from the dream of the golden 00's generation
2. Since we woke up we admit that there is talent, not that deep and extraordinery like these days, but in order to fight we need a decent federation, and let's start by A F••••• C-O-A-C-H

ThatAnnoyingGuy
09-10-2017, 09:45 PM
Easy win for the Russians. They got two highly performing superstars in this eurobasket (Shved,Mozgov) and a bunch of experienced and great role players to fill them in.
The bear is back and its gonna tear us apart

iraz
09-10-2017, 09:53 PM
Wtf?

Greeks are trying to jinx Russians?
we are really not favorites here, 50x50 in the best case. It's 5 CSKA players against (how many?) Oly and ex-Oly players:) Though minus Spanulis. The result is upredictable. But I think if Russia plays like today we can win. That is time for Shved to prove he belongs to the European elite/

Petran
09-10-2017, 10:45 PM
Yes, have you seen last Greek games; Are you afraid;

softice
09-11-2017, 03:26 AM
For many Greeks this is the worst national team at last 20 years because:
1. G. Antetokoynmpo missing after he started the preparation and all Greeks count on him
2. Coach
3. We used to dominate friendly matches and Acropolis cup before Eurobasket but this year we lost almost by all teams
4. Reports of fights between players with punches
5. The results at first round. We used to dominate first roud at least with mediocre teams like Finlandia (except one time)

Killer Bob
09-11-2017, 06:31 AM
1. G. Antetokoynmpo missing after he started the preparation and all Greeks count on him
2. Coach
3. We used to dominate friendly matches and Acropolis cup before Eurobasket but this year we lost almost by all teams
5. The results at first round. We used to dominate first roud at least with mediocre teams like Finlandia (except one time)

All this will mean absolutely nothing, if you will win next 2 matches. Or we will hear the same crying before the final?:D

fasoulaki
09-11-2017, 07:13 AM
and let's start by A F••••• C-O-A-C-H
Maybe we understimated the coach and if you think for a while things become clear. So Missas is an experienced coach in women basketball.
Now... if you manage to form a successful team out of 12 chicks having their menstruation, you HAVE to be a great psychologist and mediator.
In comparison to that solving issues with Bouroussis, Pappas, Agravanis looks like a low level Kindergarden challenge.

fasoulaki
09-11-2017, 07:33 AM
2. Coach

6) Dont forget to mention our unreliable centers:
a) Bouroussis is a former basketballplayer
b) Papagiannis is completely unexperienced.
c) Bogris is .... Bogris
7) We won (s)luckily against Lithuania because of the high 3pt shooting percentage
8) Our federation is lead by a zombie which is more dead than alive
9) Russia is not CSKA and Spanoulis is not with the team

Did I forget something? :)

Killer Bob
09-11-2017, 08:09 AM
6) Dont forget to mention our unreliable centers:
a) Bouroussis is a former basketballplayer
b) Papagiannis is completely unexperienced.
c) Bogris is .... Bogris
7) We won (s)luckily against Lithuania because of the high 3pt shooting percentage
8) Our federation is lead by a zombie which is more dead than alive
9) Russia is not CSKA and Spanoulis is not with the team

Did I forget something? :)

You forgot only 1 minor detail, you're in the quarterfinals and Lithuania and Croatia, who don't have all this problems at home.;)

Demi
09-11-2017, 08:28 AM
Exactly, and of course, not because of luck...

fasoulaki
09-11-2017, 08:36 AM
Exactly, and of course, not because of luck...

Every serious scouting will reveal how bad our defense is!
Our team should fly directly home to Athens instead of embarrassing us in front of the whole world with a 30 point loss! ;)
I mean Russia has Sved... and what have we ? ... a coach from from woman basketball....

turk-jugoslav
09-11-2017, 08:41 AM
My vote goes to Greece, if Greece can manage to do their traditional tough defense, which we saw at previous game.

Demi
09-11-2017, 08:43 AM
If they are focused they can play defense, we will see. Everything depends on how focused you are. Yesterday after 3 minutes I said Russia will win because Croatia i s playing mindlessly (I have witness) and Russia seriously, and in addition the Croats quit trying in third quarter.

fasoulaki
09-11-2017, 08:47 AM
If they are focused they can play defense, we will see. Everything depends on how focused you are. Yesterday after 3 minutes I said Russia will win because Croatia i s playing mindlessly (I have witness) and Russia seriously, and in addition the Croats quit trying in third quarter.

We have 100% percent focus on Backgammon but not on defense at the moment. The worst greek team ever. The worst coach ever with the worst scouting ever. 5% for Greece and 95% for Russia!

Adon
09-11-2017, 08:55 AM
All of the sudden, 3pt shooting became our main weapon. The game against Lithuania was misleading. When the opponent is problematic in guard position and gives you open shots easily, with a bit of luck you can hit a lot of threes. Much more than what you usually can.
Also, the same problematic guards cannot play p'n'r and exploit their advantage on c position so your defence will seem to be better than it is. No Sved in Lithuania, unfortunately for them.

Some oly fans are confused and they think that it will be a game between cska and oly.

Demi
09-11-2017, 08:58 AM
We have 100% percent focus on Backgammon but not on defense at the moment. The worst greek team ever. The worst coach ever with the worst scouting ever. 5% for Greece and 95% for Russia!

Russia is very good and so it is very possible they win but this is not the worst Greek team

Demi
09-11-2017, 09:02 AM
All of the sudden, 3pt shooting became our main weapon. The game against Lithuania was misleading. When the opponent is problematic in guard position and gives you open shots easily, with a bit of luck you can hit a lot of threes. Much more than what you usually can.
Also, the same problematic guards cannot play p'n'r and exploit their advantage on c position so your defence will seem to be better than it is. No Sved in Lithuania, unfortunately for them.

Some oly fans are confused and they think that it will be a game between cska and oly.

If you are refering to me, I am not an Oly fan , and when you have three games in a raw with good shooting it probably isn't luck but training, anyway it is one game and it can go both ways

Killer Bob
09-11-2017, 09:02 AM
Every serious scouting will reveal how bad our defense is!
Our team should fly directly home to Athens instead of embarrassing us in front of the whole world with a 30 point loss! ;)
I mean Russia has Sved... and what have we ? ... a coach from from woman basketball....

And who's Shved? Can be great player, but I have seen Shved destroyed his own team many times too. Croatia was totally unprepared, first they let him to do whatever he wanted and then they double teamed him every time and left totally open other players. If a team like Russia scores more than 100 points, there's only one man to blame. The coach.
Before yesterday Russia scored only against GB more than 80. That shows us how bad was Croatia yesterday.

Adon
09-11-2017, 09:03 AM
Russia is very good and so it is very possible they win but this is not the worst Greek team

After the last win, technically you can't say it is the worst. Vasilakopoulos can claim that this team lost a medal because of the Bucks.

fasoulaki
09-11-2017, 09:04 AM

Ah I have the suspicion that you are Russian and that you are playing mind tricks with us! :)

Adon
09-11-2017, 09:04 AM
If you are refering to me, I am not an Oly fan , and when you have three games in a raw with good shooting it probably isn't luck but training, anyway it is one game and it can go both ways

I was referring to Petran.

Demi
09-11-2017, 09:08 AM
After the last win, technically you can't say it is the worst. Vasilakopoulos can claim that this team lost a medal because of the Bucks.

I don't care what he says, I only hope that our players stay focused and play up to their normal pottential, this way they can win

Demi
09-11-2017, 09:12 AM
Ah I have the suspicion that you are Russian and that you are playing mind tricks with us! :)

I have the suspision you are trying to fool everybody with your pessimistic attitude but secretly you are thinking differently

fasoulaki
09-11-2017, 09:14 AM
I have the suspision you are trying to fool everybody with your pessimistic attitude but secretly you are thinking differently

Why should there be the need to fool anyone?
Have you never heared the saying "Live with the three! Die with the three?"

unnamed
09-11-2017, 09:17 AM
If Greece gambles and let Shved score his amount points but play tight defense on players such as Vorontesevich, Kurbanov and Fridzon they will be able to win, because the strength of this Russian team lies there.

Lebasketball
09-11-2017, 09:18 AM
Greece Greece and Greece !
They will win this game !
No way they can loose it after the game against Lithuania !
IMO the win against Lithuania is more than just a win. The team can believe in their capacity again. It was a mental problem in the group stage and now everything is back at the normal ;)

CoachZ
09-11-2017, 09:25 AM
I'll be cheering for Greece as well. I don't want this Russian team in the Semis if we manage to win vs Italy. They are deep, play very hard and tough and we don't have so many favorable matchups vs them. On the other hand, Greece has always had some kind of blockade vs us and we have been able to exploit them in the past.

Demi
09-11-2017, 09:27 AM

When I say 'fool', I mean you are not commenting 100% seriously about what you think, don't tell me you seriously think Greece has only 5% chance

fasoulaki
09-11-2017, 09:30 AM
When I say 'fool', I mean you are not commenting 100% seriously about what you think, don't tell me you seriously think Greece has only 5% chance
Now I am sure that you are greek. Typical greek paranoia seeing irony and conspiracy everywhere.

I wanted to be polite therefore I have written 5% instead of 0%

As Aristotle said "One swallow does not a summer make" or like Germans say "Even a blind hen sometimes finds a grain of corn".

Valexander
09-11-2017, 10:01 AM

Name one worse greek NT since 99 and i will ask coach missas to sign me an autograph!

Demi
09-11-2017, 10:03 AM
Now I am sure that you are greek. Typical greek paranaoia seeing irony and conspiracy everywhere.

I wanted to be polite therefore I have written 5% instead of 0%

As Aristotle said "One swallow does not a summer make" or like Germans say "Even a blind hen sometimes finds a grain of corn".

I never thought about a conspiracy, you were the one thinking I am Russian...

R1ou
09-11-2017, 10:04 AM
Name one worse greek NT since 99 and i will ask coach missas to sign me an autograph!

Demi
09-11-2017, 10:04 AM

I had the 99 team on my mind, but there may be another, I am not sure.

fasoulaki
09-11-2017, 10:08 AM

Ok Zouros dont even know anything about women! Thats true!

Valexander
09-11-2017, 10:13 AM

Nice pick for a debate, stronger front line, with bourousis at his prime and koufos, fotsis, pure shooter at his prime vasileiadis, zisis bramos at the guards, and a decent coach that won us before 2 weeks with georgia

childress67
09-11-2017, 10:42 AM
Olympiacos cska match ahead...shved at the role of teodosic,sloukas at role of spanoulis...printezis at the role of printezis..and finally the win for the Greek side..

Valexander
09-11-2017, 11:02 AM

And the most optimistic greek, what wanted to say was that 99s team is worse than this!!

;) rest my case

EverGreen
09-11-2017, 11:04 AM
Heart says Greece, brain says Russia after demolishing Croatia yesterday. Never expected the Cro's to be destroyed after the positive steps they had made since last year.

If we stop or limit Sved we have 50% chance to win. Again we will need to keep the score lower than 80 points. 3rd monster game by Sloukas and Calathes? I hope!!! If Printezis too finds form then we can surely win. 3 players can mark Sved - Calathes, Papanikolaou and Thansis we should rotate them on him and tire him as much as possible.

Demi
09-11-2017, 11:14 AM
And the most optimistic greek, what wanted to say was that 99s team is worse than this!!

;) rest my case

Did not intend to make a point, just being accurate about worst team, but what can we do? Almost all Greek teams were good, maybe this one as well, maybe they will depress us again, who knows?Actually I do not think we can compare teams that we have not seen play more 'must win games' with same teams. Maybe I am not making sense.:D

EverGreen
09-11-2017, 11:27 AM

That 1999 team was missing Economou, Liadelis, Alvertis and Rentzias who come to mind and were injured and who were our best players then.

Half the team then were scrubs barely playing for their clubs.

http://www.fibaeurope.com/compID_qMRZdYCZI6EoANOrUf9le2.season_1999.roundID_ 2267.teamID_291.html

Adon
09-11-2017, 11:35 AM
I predict early foul problem, especially for Calathes and Papagiannis.

fasoulaki
09-11-2017, 11:45 AM

Dont forget Thanassis. As soon as he is playing he will make 5 fouls in 5 seconds.

Adon
09-11-2017, 11:49 AM
Dont forget Thanassis. As soon as he is playing he will make 5 fouls in 5 seconds.

This is a given.

R1ou
09-11-2017, 11:54 AM

We'll be in trouble if Calathes commits the stupid fouls he usually does in the first quarter.

fasoulaki
09-11-2017, 11:56 AM
We'll be in trouble if Calathes commits the stupid fouls he usually does in the first quarter.

Why are you using an if-clause?

Adon
09-11-2017, 12:22 PM
About the discussion of the worst Greek NT, I remember the era with players like Patavoukas, Milonas, Mpakatsias, Tsekos and Giannakis,Fasoylas,Christodoulou on their decline. Mid 90's I think with Koumourtzoglou or Dendrinos(too lazy to search). Talentwise was by far worse than the current NT. Those times the competition was not too high and they didn't have bad results though.

Valexander
09-11-2017, 12:30 PM
About the discussion of the worst Greek NT, I remember the era with players like Patavoukas, Milonas, Mpakatsias, Tsekos and Giannakis,Fasoylas,Christodoulou on their decline. Mid 90's I think with Koumourtzoglou or Dendrinos(too lazy to search). Talentwise was by far worse than the current NT. Those times the competition was not too high and they didn't have bad results though.

Since you mentioned them you forgot sigalas ekonomou alvertis galakteros koronios, all the same generation. 1987-1997 semi finals constantly. 4th in the world. They weren't less talented, it is just a bb era where it didn't really matter if you can't jump over a folded newspaper:D maybe you are a little younger than me

Adon
09-11-2017, 12:37 PM
Since you mentioned them you forgot sigalas ekonomou alvertis galakteros koronios, all the same generation. 1987-1997 semi finals constantly. 4th in the world. They weren't less talented, it is just a bb era where it didn't really matter if you can't jump over a folded newspaper:D
Sigalas and Koronios (even Oikonomou and Galakteros) were good players for A1. What was their value in European bb? Which big club (outside of Greece) would want them?
I think you are romantic and you miss the time when A1 championship was interesting to watch.

maybe you are a little younger than me
I'm afraid I am a little older than you.:(

EverGreen
09-11-2017, 12:38 PM
Since you mentioned them you forgot sigalas ekonomou alvertis galakteros koronios, all the same generation. 1987-1997 semi finals constantly. 4th in the world. They weren't less talented, it is just a bb era where it didn't really matter if you can't jump over a folded newspaper:D maybe you are a little younger than me

You are right. Legends Yannakis, Fasoulas, Fanis with good support roles from Alvertis, Economou. Papanikolaou, Galakteros would get us to semi's more often than not. The problem was we would be destroyed by 30-40 points vs Lithaunia and Croatia. I probably helped us that Jugloslavia (unfairly) we not allowed to compete for several tourneys as they would beat us EVERY SINGLE TIME.

A thing that annoyed me was that the cliques within the federation and team would not allow Koronios to play at his peak years when at Peristeri, Liadelis at Aris, Diamantopoulos from Panionios, Miriounis at Apollo Patras who were all natural scorers with averages over 15 points in a very strong greek league back then.

I also always thought that Milan Tomic and Dusan Vuksevic should have been called up from the moment Jugoslavia werent interested. Yet we played with Jake Tsakalidis- Ledkov.

fasoulaki
09-11-2017, 12:40 PM
You cannot compare these teams!

Adon
09-11-2017, 12:43 PM
Seriously guys, if current NT could play against that NT, with the legends in their decline and a bunch of mediocre role players, would you bet that that old NT was going to win?

Adon
09-11-2017, 12:44 PM
You cannot compare these teams!

True, we cannot compare teams from different eras, but since you had begun this discussion...

fasoulaki
09-11-2017, 12:52 PM
True, we cannot compare teams from different eras, but since you had begun this discussion...

To make a long story short! This team will loose against Russia! Do we agree?

Shawshank
09-11-2017, 12:55 PM
Greece are favorites but not huge ones.Russia shown very good team chemistry in this tournament and that they will not go down easy.Both team needs this win badly,because both didnt achieve nothing in last Olympic cycle.So win for one of the team will be an achievement after some time in nt competions.

Kulagin said Vasillis is not with greek uniform anymore,so we have a chance :) If Span would have take a part in this game Russian killers would killed them once again,but now its open game :)

Adon
09-11-2017, 12:55 PM
To make a long story short! This team will loose against Russia! Do we agree?

Yeap!

Killer Bob
09-11-2017, 01:22 PM
I have never witnessed more absurd conversation in this forum. Greeks persuading each other how they will lose.:D

fasoulaki
09-11-2017, 01:32 PM
I have never witnessed more absurd conversation in this forum. Greeks persuading each other how they will lose.:D

There is a single little gleam of hope if "Greek Lobby" (TM) (Copyright ArkadiosV2) convinces FIBA that it makes no sense to play EC finals in an empty hall!

Darrell Armstrong
09-11-2017, 02:41 PM

Tsekos was the big guy who used to be a javelin thrower? I have faint memories of a muscle giant who could barely move or do anything with the ball in his hands.

Along with Roberto Dueñas, one of the freaks of the era.

EverGreen
09-11-2017, 03:14 PM
Tsekos was the big guy who used to be a javelin thrower? I have faint memories of a muscle giant who could barely move or do anything with the ball in his hands.

Along with Roberto Dueñas, one of the freaks of the era.

Yes he was.

He tried to dunk on Shaq and was rejected whilst holding the ball in the 1994 World Championships. Sat flat on his bum. We laughed all summer with that.

check 1.07. gold:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u1VHHlzN5I

Shawshank
09-11-2017, 03:47 PM

they did that before lithuanian game too.They saw this tactic worked and doing again.The worse scenerio after game they will write: i said so we are bad.If they win they will say,you know we have good game,but we are still bad :) Dont listen to them,they f"''cing around here.

Greece was really bad in this decade overall,but this can be their year when finally will win a medal.

usagre
09-11-2017, 03:49 PM
Early 90's to mid 90's the gap between Serbians, Croatians, and Lithuanians and the rest of Europe was enormous. Greece was one of the better teams if not the best in the next tier.

EverGreen
09-11-2017, 03:50 PM
they did that before lithuanian game too.They saw this tactic worked and doing again.The worse scenerio after game they will write: i said so we are bad.If they win they will say,you know we have good game,but we are still bad :) Dont listen to them,they f"''cing around here.

Greece was really bad in this decade overall,but this can be their year when finally will win a medal.

It's funny how it works some times.

Im most tourney's Greece would end their groups for 4-1 records only to lose in the 1st knock out game. This time the results have been reversed. We are in the top 8 having only beaten 1 decent team.

Levenspiel
09-11-2017, 04:12 PM
It's like listening to a circle of old guys sitting at an outside table in a corner cafe ... I also remember almost all of those names, by the way.

haha, yes, wait for the days before the semis... or final maybe, where you won't be able to distinguish jinxing from reality... Liths helped created a glitch in the matrix

fasoulaki
09-11-2017, 04:16 PM

You are even more paranoid than the average greek. You have to face the facts. Lithuania lost against the worst greek NT team ever because (S)louky Luke made some lucky threes by coincidence.

You have been outcoached by a womens-team coach..... I mean boy....... a WOMENS-TEAM-COACH who got the job because one month before the tournament there was still no other guy around who was willing to do the job.

The game plan he managed to develop in the remaining time was give Giannis the ball and pray the Lords prayer. Unfortunately our zombie federation president messed up with the Bucks and Giannis left for the US.

So here we are with Bogris the Milf hunter, Papagiannis with his first NT appearance and a former basketball player called Bouroussis without any doping substances left.

Killer Bob
09-11-2017, 04:46 PM
It's like listening to a circle of old guys sitting at an outside table in a corner cafe ... I also remember almost all of those names, by the way.

haha, yes, wait for the days before the semis... or final maybe, where you won't be able to distinguish jinxing from reality... Liths helped created a glitch in the matrix

If I understand right, they truly believe this is the worst Greek team ever or at least one of the worst. It will be fun to watch this worst team winning a medal.;)

HeinrichMohr
09-11-2017, 05:02 PM
Greece in Eurobasket 1999 was probably the worst Greek NT since 1987.

Adon
09-11-2017, 05:10 PM

I recognize the comical element but there is no need for the Greek fans to act/pretend. Anyone can read the same opinions about our NT in many Greek fora, where nobody wants to play mind games with the (bit paranoid some of them) Lithuanian friends. Or is it a collective subconscious jinxing?
Even I cannot be sure any more.:D

Killer Bob
09-11-2017, 05:36 PM
I recognize the comical element but there is no need for the Greek fans to act/pretend. Anyone can read the same opinions about our NT in many Greek fora, where nobody wants to play mind games with the (bit paranoid some of them) Lithuanian friends. Or is it a collective subconscious jinxing?
Even I cannot be sure any more.:D

You were so disappointed that you can't see the reality anymore. And reality is Greece is really close to medal. You have to win Russia. No reason why not. And then probably 1 off Serbia or Slovenia/Latvia. It looked to me much easier road than has Slovenia. Who has to beat Latvia and then one off Spain or Serbia/Greece/Russia.

Adon
09-11-2017, 05:54 PM
You were so disappointed that you can't see the reality anymore. And reality is Greece is really close to medal. You have to win Russia. No reason why not. And then probably 1 off Serbia or Slovenia/Latvia. It looked to me much easier road than has Slovenia. Who has to beat Latvia and then one off Spain or Serbia/Greece/Russia.

At least, you don't believe that we are pretending just to have some fun with the Lithuanian friends, like "You lost against the worst Greek NT ever" or "You have been out outcoached by a womens-team coach" and so on.

About reality, who has the easier road, whatever we can say is based on probabilities, quite subjective probabilities I might add. Even a posteriori, we can't tell if our subjective probabilities were correct or not. And we end up to the well known "many aspects of reality are just states of mind".

Killer Bob
09-11-2017, 05:59 PM
At least, you don't believe that we are pretending just to have some fun with the Lithuanian friends, like "You lost against the worst Greek NT ever" or "You have been out outcoached by a womens-team coach" and so on.

About reality, who has the easier road, whatever we can say is based on probabilities, quite subjective probabilities I might add. Even a posteriori, we can't tell if our subjective probabilities were correct or not. And we end up to the well known "many aspects of reality are just states of mind".

I agree. But my point is, you're not more away from medal than Slovenia. And we're not crying here how bad our team is and how we will lose for sure.;)

It looks to me some kind of mass hysteria hit Greek fans.:D

Adon
09-11-2017, 06:05 PM
I agree. But my point is, you're not more away from medal than Slovenia. And we're not crying here how bad our team is and how we will lose for sure.;)

The "crying" thing is just a petty attempt to become insulting. Do you want me to answer accordingly?

Killer Bob
09-11-2017, 06:13 PM
The "crying" thing is just a petty attempt to become insulting. Do you want me to answer accordingly?

It wasn't my attention. I apologize if it sounded that way. But it's really strange thread, I can't find other words. If you win next game, you will be in semis. Who care what happened in the group? If we lose, we will be losers, who cares that we had 6:0 before. No one.

Adon
09-11-2017, 06:18 PM
It wasn't my attention. I apologize if it sounded that way. But it's really strange thread, I can't find other words.

If someone has low esteem for his team, it's not the equivalent of "crying" in any language, I suppose in Slovenian too.

Victorious
09-11-2017, 06:26 PM

The truth of the matter is that Greece has played only one or perhaps two good games. While Slovenia has shown some consistency throughout the tournament. Basically Greek fans can only hope that Greece's performance against Lithuania was night a one time performance. While Russia seems to be in great form too. Slovenia and Latvia also have equal chances I would say. Aside from Spain, all teams are more or less on par at this point.

Killer Bob
09-11-2017, 06:30 PM
If someone has low esteem for his team, it's not the equivalent of "crying" in any language, I suppose in Slovenian too.

I apologize for improper use of verbs.;)

Valexander
09-11-2017, 06:37 PM
It wasn't my attention. I apologize if it sounded that way. But it's really strange thread, I can't find other words. If you win next game, you will be in semis. Who care what happened in the group? If we lose, we will be losers, who cares that we had 6:0 before. No one.

I know it wasnt your attention that, but speaking about slovenian and greek equal chances for a medal sounds like playing with our depression, while you have dragic donsic randolph, and an inexperienced latvia to overcome, when our " leader" is a substitute pg on a euroleague team. Even Vidmar would be by far our starter

Oly_fan
09-11-2017, 06:38 PM

That's because it's Lithuania's road.

slice me nice
09-11-2017, 06:49 PM
Our neighbors are going to ridicule Russia's showing off unless Shved turns on his beast mode. Doesn't sound so likely since the turnover machine has already been playing very well for his standards so far. He already stuffed his credit. It is just right time and right place to screw up his team. I expect Calathes to lock up him, while being a virtuoso on offense if Shved takes him on defense. Greeks will get this easier than they expected. Greco taverns are ready for celebrations.

GreenFan
09-11-2017, 06:54 PM
It's funny how everyone thinks we are trolling or jinxing. Miracles happen only once every time and I'm pretty confident that Russia will surely end that despicable's greek NT's lucky run in this tournament.

Modis
09-11-2017, 06:55 PM
At least, you don't believe that we are pretending just to have some fun with the Lithuanian friends, like "You lost against the worst Greek NT ever" or "You have been out outcoached by a womens-team coach" and so on. .

Outcoached ? It was the players on the court that turned up with heat and done the job, all Missas had to do is pretend like he's working and doing something on the sideline :D :D

Adon
09-11-2017, 07:02 PM
Outcoached ? It was the players on the court that turned up with heat and done the job, all Missas had to do is pretend like he's working and doing something on the sideline :D :D

I don't want to defend Misas but especially in that game it seems that he had something like a plan (p'n'r defence, rotation, spacing etc).

Valexander
09-11-2017, 07:03 PM
All the 21 of you that voted for Greece:

Please go and bet 5 euros for greece show me the receipt and i will tattoo Agravanis punched eye

Killer Bob
09-11-2017, 07:43 PM
That's because it's Lithuania's road.

In this system group results are more or less meaningless. The real tournament starts in 1/8. Greece has won only game important. And now has good chances to win a medal.

fasoulaki
09-11-2017, 08:01 PM
Greece have won only important game. And now good chances to win a medal.

I want to say one thing to the IBN people. I want you to listen to me. I am going to say this again: "Greece has no chance to win a medal!" These allegations are false!

cartmaniac
09-11-2017, 08:02 PM
Hello, most likely this game is going to be a blow up. Besides our joke defense when it comes to P&R, i dont think that we are going to hit the 3s for a third game in a row. Nice that we reached the 8 though.

Killer Bob
09-11-2017, 08:14 PM
I know it wasnt your attention that, but speaking about slovenian and greek equal chances for a medal sounds like playing with our depression, while you have dragic donsic randolph, and an inexperienced latvia to overcome, when our " leader" is a substitute pg on a euroleague team. Even Vidmar would be by far our starter

We had much better team in 2009 and didn't win anything. I think all teams have more or less the same chances to win a medal, except Spain and Spain is in our part of the draw and because of that I like your chances more.

fasoulaki
09-11-2017, 08:15 PM
For all who have still doubts. The serious newspaper "To Vima" reported that Missas is planning to step back from his position as NT coach after the end of the tournament.
Source http://www.tovima.gr/sports/article/?aid=899842

Πρακτικά αυτό σημαίνει ότι ο διάδοχος του Κώστα Μίσσα, ο οποίος σύμφωνα με τις πληροφορίες του «Βήματος» σκέφτεται να ανακοινώσει την αποχώρησή του από την Ανδρών μετά την ολοκλήρωση του Ευρωμπάσκετ, θα πρέπει να έχει στο μυαλό του δύο Εθνικές, την Α' και τη Β', αφού θα είναι υποχρεωμένος να επιλέξει από μια διευρυμένη δεξαμενή όχι μόνο πρωτοκλασάτων παικτών.

Translation:

Practically this means that the successor of Kostas Missas, who according to informations available to "BHMA" is going to announce his retirement from the mens national team after the end of the tournament, will need to have two national teams in mind, the A and the B team. Since he will be obligated to choose form a broaden pool of players which are not all first class.

Killer Bob
09-11-2017, 08:17 PM
I want to say one thing to the IBN people. I want you to listen to me. I am going to say this again: "Greece has no chance to win a medal!" These allegations are false!

If you're so sure bet on Russia. 1.8 is nice for a sure thing. It looks to me betting houses will go bankrupt tomorrow, if Greek Ibn users are right. :D

kento502
09-11-2017, 08:26 PM
The comments about the worst national team are not about basketball they are about top trumps.

You guys fail to appreciate several nuances of the game that are very important. It absolutely is not about which team has the best roster. Team chemistry, psychology, and momentum (in 2-week tournaments) are far more important than individual players.

If it was based just on roster Serbia and Lithuania would not have won anywhere near as many medals in recent competitions. And Spain would not have won Eurobasket 2015. If you remember they barely made it out of the group stage by beating Germany in overtime by the skin of their teeth in the last game.

I would also argue, that losing in the preparation friendlies and the 1st round is absolutely necessary for a positive result in the tournament. There is very few examples of teams winning the tournament undefeated (except team USA, which is in a completely different league altogether). An early loss or two reminds everybody how things can go wrong and that they need to stay focused the entire game.

This Greek team has lots of isssues. Definitely far more than previous teams. But it also has far less pressure as it's now seen as an underdog and many very experienced, quality players that now have motivation to prove everybody wrong.

And yes, I will bet on Greece to beat Russia! If I send you proof how long before I can see a photo of your Agravanis punched eye tattoo?? :D

R1ou
09-11-2017, 08:30 PM
For all who have still doubts. The serious newspaper "To Vima" reported that Missas is planning to step back from his position as NT coach after the end of the tournament.
Source http://www.tovima.gr/sports/article/?aid=899842

Translation:

That was already known, the point is who's going to take over with 3 Greek coaches already being in EL.

fasoulaki
09-11-2017, 08:34 PM
That was already known, the point is who's going to take over with 3 Greek coaches already being in EL.
Maybe the federation's janitor!

softice
09-12-2017, 03:58 AM
Yes he was.

He tried to dunk on Shaq and was rejected whilst holding the ball in the 1994 World Championships. Sat flat on his bum. We laughed all summer with that.

check 1.07. gold:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u1VHHlzN5I

Also at 2:40 easy rebound = own basket

fasoulaki
09-12-2017, 07:08 AM
Lithuanian coach Patseas says he does not regret anything what he said about Missas. In addition he commented that it was wrong from Missas to say that he will talk about the internal team problems analyticaly after the end of the tournament. Calathes has been the real coach behind the victory of Greece against Lithuania.

I am sorry Patseas but a WOMENS-TEAM coach was the man in charge nobody else!

EverGreen
09-12-2017, 08:27 AM
Lithuanian coach Patseas says he does not regret anything what he said about Missas. In addition he commented that it was wrong from Missas to say that he will talk about the internal team problems analyticaly after the end of the tournament. Calathes has been the real coach behind the victory of Greece against Lithuania.

I am sorry Patseas but a WOMENS-TEAM coach was the man in charge nobody else!

If we make the semi's I dont think Missas will say anything of what was happening until the Poland game.I think whatever differances and arguments were happening were put aside and they all united under a common cause. Missas doesnt have the power over the players the way a club coach has so he probably talked to the players hearts instead of threatening them with expulsion. I still dont rate him as a coach but he seems to have come up with something that works since the Poland game and will stick to it.

Sloukas taking charge and leading the team has been the revelation for Greece. Until the Poland game, Sloukas was an ex-Oly and Fener support player. Greece were like a headless chicken. He is now TOP DOG of Greece.

Lebasketball
09-12-2017, 12:58 PM
I do think the main weapon for Greece is Calathes and Sloukas ! They have to impose their tempo.
On offence if they turn the ball correctly and shoot well they can win it.
But team defense is the most important thing ! No second chance for Russia or they will be in trouble and they have to focus 40 min.
My prediction +8 for Greece

fasoulaki
09-12-2017, 01:56 PM
So all poeple who believe in a medal for this greek team should listen to the WOMENS-TEAM coach Missas. He says the he was refering to a medal when Giannis was still with the team. So not even Missas believes in Greek success against Russia.

http://www.gazzetta.gr/basketball/article/1136077/missas-otan-eiha-milisei-gia-metallio-eihame-ton-gianni-gtv

Killer Bob
09-12-2017, 02:19 PM
So all poeple who believe in a medal for this greek team should listen to the WOMENS-TEAM coach Missas. He says the he was refering to a medal when Giannis was still with the team. So not even Missas believes in Greek success against Russia.

http://www.gazzetta.gr/basketball/article/1136077/missas-otan-eiha-milisei-gia-metallio-eihame-ton-gianni-gtv

There's not a single player or coach in this 8 teams, who doesn't think medal is possible.

fasoulaki
09-12-2017, 02:37 PM
There's not a single player or coach in this 8 teams, who doesn't think medal is possible.

So you are claiming that Missas is telling lies!??!?!

Killer Bob
09-12-2017, 02:53 PM
So you are claiming that Missas is telling lies!??!?!

The whole article is what Greece has to do to win against Russia.;) He's just not certain anymore that Greece will win medal or more precise now only goal is to win Russia and then they will see what comes. Imho even with Giannis, who never played particular well under Fiba rules, the medal wouldn't be certain, but of course it would be more probable.

Adon
09-12-2017, 02:56 PM
At least, Missas will not return as a complete failure. On the contrary, he was relatively successful considering the result and the circumstances. I felt somehow sorry for the guy before. Many wrong things had happened but it was not his fault. From what I have heard/read, he was forced to become NT's coach, nothing to do with personal ambition and such.

The funniest thing is that Patsesas unwillingly helped him a lot :D

fasoulaki
09-12-2017, 02:58 PM
The funniest thing is that Patsesas unwillingly helped him a lot :D
And he continues to do so! But all support is futile. This greek nt which is the worst ever and is guided by a womens-team coach will loose against Russia tomorrow.

Adon
09-12-2017, 03:18 PM
Being at top-8 is not a small feat. I mean, for one of the worst NT's after '87.

Navarro #7
09-12-2017, 06:03 PM
I voted for Greeks although Russia gave me better impression when watching their games. Greeks can play shitty games and win, and this never must be forgotten. I don't need more reasons to think they can win. Go on trolling your team Greeks, it's a ritual that has been working.

fasoulaki
09-12-2017, 06:49 PM
Go on trolling your team Greeks, it's a ritual that has been working. Spaniards and Serbs just want to have their usual customers!

Adon
09-12-2017, 07:22 PM
Spaniards and Serbs just want to have their usual customers!

Suckers! We won't give them such pleasure.

fasoulaki
09-13-2017, 04:30 AM
So today is slaughtery day. Time to say goodby from the tournament. I am glad this tournament ends today for us. I hate eurobasket. I hate greek NT. I hate basketball. I want to focus on my work again. We will loose by 35 points!

atillafb
09-13-2017, 12:12 PM
Was going to bet on Greece but I refrained as the team I bet on tends to lose.

DainBramaged
09-13-2017, 01:34 PM
Was going to bet on Greece but I refrained as the team I bet on tends to lose.

I bet on Russia, so either way I'm happy with the result (I'm Greek). But I actually believe Greece has more chances today.

Adon
09-13-2017, 02:08 PM
I bet on Russia, so either way I'm happy with the result (I'm Greek). But I actually believe Greece has more chances today.

It seems that many Greek fans share your optimism after the game vs Lithuania. I took a look on Gazetta.gr and I saw many comments about medals(!) today. A few days ago the ambient was quite the opposite.
Imo this optimism is based on some misconceptions.
1. The shooting at the last 2 games was abnormally good for our standards and those opponents gave us a lot of free shots. Good 3pt shooting is not a given. On the contrary.
2. It's not a game between oly and cska. Anyway, even those wins of oly were absolutely unpredictable.
3. Russia 2017 is not Russia 2015. And certainly, Russia 2017 is obviously stronger than Lithuania 2017.
4. Overall, anyone who has watched their games knows that Russia has played much better than Greece and not the opposite.

fasoulaki
09-13-2017, 02:12 PM
You bet on Russia but you believe that Greece has more chances today. Sounds like a reasonable approach.

fasoulaki
09-13-2017, 02:28 PM
Sounds like a further sample of nowadays modern greek Tsiprasoidal logic: "From now on, Yes means No and No means Yes. Do you agree?"

DainBramaged
09-13-2017, 02:33 PM
It seems that many Greek fans share your optimism after the game vs Lithuania. I took a look on Gazetta.gr and I saw many comments about medals(!) today. A few days ago the ambient was quite the opposite.
Imo this optimism is based on some misconceptions.
1. The shooting at the last 2 games was abnormally good for our standards and those opponents gave us a lot of free shots. Good 3pt shooting is not a given. On the contrary.
2. It's not a game between oly and cska. Anyway, even those wins of oly were absolutely unpredictable.
3. Russia 2017 is not Russia 2015. And certainly, Russia 2017 is obviously stronger than Lithuania 2017.
4. Overall, anyone who has watched their games knows that Russia has played much better than Greece and not the opposite.

I don't disagree with any of those points. I'm not too optimistic, but I don't believe that the last 2 results of Greece were pure luck either. Anyway, just one more hour till we find out :)

You bet on Russia but you believe that Greece has more chances today. Sounds like a reasonable approach.

Yes, it is quite reasonable actually, cause it's a win-win situation.

fasoulaki
09-13-2017, 02:44 PM
This works only if the money you get is equally important to you as the success of your home country.

So what is your price Judas?

DainBramaged
09-13-2017, 02:52 PM
This works only if money is equally or even more important for you than the success of your home country.

I bet the exact value of my home country's success in money, so that I'm totally unbiased and calm during the game

Adon
09-13-2017, 02:54 PM
This works only if money is equally or even more important for you than the success of your home country.

It depends on the amount of money I guess. After all, it's just a bb game.

fasoulaki
09-13-2017, 02:59 PM
I bet the exact value of my home country's success in money, so that I'm totally unbiased and calm during the game

Give me numbers, buddy! How much do you value a semifinal spot in €. :D

Srle
09-13-2017, 03:03 PM
I think Russsia will win, but again I wouldn't be surprise if Greece wins too,they are very confident now and anything is possible in this one.

Adon
09-13-2017, 03:11 PM
Give me numbers, buddy! How much do you value a semifinal spot. :D

1000 euros would be a decent solace for a defeat today. Much less actually but I don't want to look as cheap as I am;)

fasoulaki
09-13-2017, 03:16 PM
1000 euros would be a decent solace for a defeat today. Much less actually but I don't want to look as cheap as I am;)

Such blood money usually has bad karma Iskariot. You will get robbed or something at the end. Post your home address in this thread and you will see.

Adon
09-13-2017, 03:18 PM
Such blood money usually has bad karma Iskariot. You will get robbed or something at the end. Post your home address in this thread and you will see.

Do you realize that we will lose anyway and you won't get a penny? 1000 euros with the same result is a bad deal?

Anyway, I never bet so it's theoretical.

fasoulaki
09-13-2017, 03:20 PM
Do you realize that we will lose anyway and you won't get a penny? 1000 euros with the same result is a bad deal?

Who says that I will not get a penny?

atillafb
09-13-2017, 03:21 PM

Lol maybe I should've done that.

Question. Why do you have a Bangladeshi flag? :confused:

DainBramaged
09-13-2017, 03:21 PM
Give me numbers, buddy! How much do you value a semifinal spot in €. :D

25 euros

Lol maybe I should've done that.

Question. Why do you have a Bangladeshi flag? :confused:

cause there's nobody from Bangladesh around here

fasoulaki
09-13-2017, 03:23 PM
You made me thinking. Maybe I should bet as much as I need to get drunk to ease the pain. Question is for how money days?

fasoulaki
09-13-2017, 03:24 PM
25 euros

cause there's nobody from Bangladesh around here

You dont bear a lot of alcohol, right?

Adon
09-13-2017, 03:24 PM
Who says that I will not get a penny?

Another Judas!

fasoulaki
09-13-2017, 03:28 PM
Another Judas!
Yes the other one which was the Lords brother or sonething. Thaddaeus or so.

fasoulaki
09-13-2017, 03:37 PM
ok I bet 666€ on Russia.

Adon
09-13-2017, 03:38 PM
Yes the other one which was the Lords brother or sonething. Thaddaeus or so.

Thaddeaus would be proud for you :D

fasoulaki
09-13-2017, 04:00 PM
Calathes complete idiot.

Killer Bob
09-13-2017, 04:03 PM
Where's Michael Jordan aka. Shved?

Killer Bob
09-13-2017, 04:11 PM
Yes, Greece fans were right, Greece can't win this one.

childress67
09-13-2017, 04:12 PM
Calathes complete idiot.

Yes an idiot with 8 points 5 assist and 4 rebounds

Adon
09-13-2017, 04:14 PM
we'll deflate in third period.

fasoulaki
09-13-2017, 04:15 PM
tolally crappy team. worst greek nt ever

fasoulaki
09-13-2017, 04:17 PM
we are already deflating

fasoulaki
09-13-2017, 04:28 PM
very bad first half.

Killer Bob
09-13-2017, 04:28 PM
I have to say Russia was incredible bad, Greece could be 15 points up. All in all bad basketball.

Mr Chacho
09-13-2017, 04:29 PM
Still Shved the most paid player on Europe? Or De Colo and Rodríguez have surpassed him?

Adon
09-13-2017, 04:29 PM
Russians are tanking the game.

Dreamcatcher
09-13-2017, 04:30 PM
After Slovenia-Latvia this game is hard to watch. If Shved won't show up in the second half Greece can take this.

Lebasketball
09-13-2017, 04:30 PM
Greece should be +10 if they were more focus on offense !
They miss a lot of FT !
Russia for now are still not playing and they are only -7 so the Greek should be playing more smarter than this first half !
Pame Hellas

Adon
09-13-2017, 04:33 PM
I have to say Russia was incredible bad, Greece could be 15 points up. All in all bad basketball.

You know, when there is serious defence the game is not so fun and spectacular. You will see the Slovenian offence against Spain. It will be less flashy than it was yesterday.

archaz
09-13-2017, 04:34 PM
Serbia or Italy will be clear favorites against any of these 2 teams.

Adon
After Slovenia-Latvia this game is hard to watch. If Shved won't show up in the second half Greece can take this.

If you knew anything about bb you would have noticed the level of defense on Shved.

Oly_fan

That's something everyone can agree with.

Killer Bob
09-13-2017, 04:35 PM
Russians are tanking the game.

I wonder what will happen if both will tanking the game?

Lebasketball
09-13-2017, 04:36 PM

Mmm i don't know ! Greece have this crazy thing that makes any opponent play like sh*t against them :D

Burek
09-13-2017, 04:36 PM
I wonder what will happen if both will tanking the game?
2nd Battle of Kursk. And if the first one is anything to go by, it's not looking good for Greece :D

Killer Bob
09-13-2017, 04:37 PM
You know, when there is serious defence the game is not so fun and spectacular. You will see the Slovenian offence against Spain. It will be less flashy than it was yesterday.

You were tanking against us in Finland? Doncic and Dragic looked pretty good then.

fasoulaki
09-13-2017, 04:38 PM
2nd Battle of Kursk. And if the first one is anything to go by, it's not looking good for Greece :D

I agree completely!

Adon
09-13-2017, 04:40 PM
You were tanking against us in Finland? Doncic looked pretty good then.

I thought that with the no-defense style of Latvia your offence looked much beter. Or not? :rolleyes:
Anyway, now Greeks play much better on defence than they did in the first round.

Joško Poljak Fan
09-13-2017, 04:41 PM
I have to give credit to Greece for some top defensive plays, but honestly sometimes it seems Russia wouldn't be able to score even without Greeks defending.

I don't think any of the two teams can afford the same leverage which they exchanged mutualy in the first half. If Russia won't step up big, it'll be a blow out in the end, since I don't think Greece will commit the same mistakes all that often.

fasoulaki
09-13-2017, 04:43 PM
Sved wakes up

fasoulaki
09-13-2017, 04:45 PM
three fouls Sved

CG
09-13-2017, 04:47 PM
Calathes defence on Sved is epic

Killer Bob
09-13-2017, 04:48 PM
I thought that with the no-defense style of Latvia your offence looked much beter. Or not? :rolleyes:
Anyway, now Greeks play much better on defence than they did in the first round.

Others looked better, but Doncic/Dragic looked good against Greece too.

Your defense looks good, but Russians were really bad in first half, not totally unexpected I have to say.

Joško Poljak Fan
09-13-2017, 04:49 PM
Than we've got something in common, since Randolph woke up and Dončič is fever free, that one gear up in our offense is noticable.

Killer Bob
09-13-2017, 04:54 PM
nice FT from Greece, it looks to me, they really don't want to win this one.

Adon
09-13-2017, 04:56 PM
nice FT from Greece, it looks to me, they really don't want to win this one.

That's why we say that this NT sucks.
The deflating has begun.

Richey666
09-13-2017, 04:57 PM
Dire prediction: If Shved will start progressing to the mean, Greece does not stand a chance.

ncjazz
09-13-2017, 04:57 PM
Give Russia credit for keep coming back.

Adon
09-13-2017, 04:58 PM
Without Calathes the team chokes. It's the most important player but he cannot play for 40 min.

R1ou
09-13-2017, 04:59 PM
Perennial choking, as it happened in 2015.

CoachZ
09-13-2017, 05:02 PM
I gotta say that airball by Calathes is the highlight of this game for me :D Otherwise, hard to watch.

Printezis is the best PF in Europe bar none...

Killer Bob
09-13-2017, 05:02 PM
Bourousis is tanking for sure.

Richey666
09-13-2017, 05:03 PM
Greece needs to stop Shved, foul hard if needed...NO LAYUPS.

vivo
09-13-2017, 05:05 PM
If I'm not mistaken; Calathes, Sloukas and Printezis played whole 3rd quarter? Wtf? At some point they had 10+ lead, Greece coach should have used some rotation. It will cost Greece in the last quarter probably

vivo
09-13-2017, 05:06 PM
If anyone says Calathes is a great PG or the best one in Europe I swear... He is much worse when he is under pressure

Burek
09-13-2017, 05:07 PM
Zorba playing in the middle of Istanbul :D

Adon
09-13-2017, 05:07 PM
With rotation of 6-7 players you cannot maintain the defensive pressure of the first 1-1.5 period.

Burek
09-13-2017, 05:09 PM
If Russia starts hitting threes now like they did the last game it's game over

vivo
09-13-2017, 05:10 PM
I gotta say that airball by Calathes is the highlight of this game for me :D Otherwise, hard to watch.

Printezis is the best PF in Europe bar none...

Papanikolaou didn't want him to feel lonely and missed an airball of his own

Meanwhile Russia keeps getting free 3 pointers

CoachZ
09-13-2017, 05:16 PM
Calathes with an epic meltdown in the second half. After a solid first half, he is now doing his best to lose this one :D

Obina
09-13-2017, 05:18 PM
It's time for Calathes.

CG
09-13-2017, 05:18 PM
If anyone says Calathes is a great PG or the best one in Europe I swear... He is much worse when he is under pressure

Stop watching Basketball
Do us a favor

ThePeraCar
09-13-2017, 05:21 PM
Calathes is not best pg in europe for sure, but he is not bad as some people here wanna show it

Modis
09-13-2017, 05:22 PM
Mozgov - get that garbage outta here :cool:

Killer Bob
09-13-2017, 05:23 PM
both teams playing incredible bad and not because great defenses.

vivo
Stop watching Basketball
Do us a favor

*mimics considering*

Nah sorry

CoachZ
If we take out Printezis, the collective IQ of both teams is 27...

ThePeraCar
09-13-2017, 05:24 PM
Calathes is much better player than Sloukas its obvious

CG
Calathes with an epic meltdown in the second half. After a solid first half, he is now doing his best to lose this one :D

Its funny that your nick starts with the word coach
Havent you notice that calathes is the best player in defence on the court and the best of greece in attack while he is exhausted
Change your nick to something more suitable. Like amateur or troll

ncjazz
Mozgov stuffs himself and then gets stuffed. Not his finest moment. :D

ThePeraCar
09-13-2017, 05:25 PM
Sloukas destroyed 3 greek attacks in a row

Obina
09-13-2017, 05:26 PM
Calatheeeeeeesssssssssss

Adon
09-13-2017, 05:26 PM
both teams playing incredible bad and not because great defenses.

Defences have nothing to do with tiredness and tension I suppose.

ThePeraCar
09-13-2017, 05:27 PM
Sloukas destroyed 3 greek attacks in a row

i meant 4

ncjazz
09-13-2017, 05:29 PM
I know Shved sometimes forgets he has teammates, but he needs to be in there.

Dreamcatcher
09-13-2017, 05:30 PM
Who is more ugly: Calathes or this game?

vivo
09-13-2017, 05:30 PM
i meant 4

Not the last one I think, everyone escaped the ball and he shot it, but agree on previous ones. Though Greek players are tired af good job coach

Burek
09-13-2017, 05:31 PM
It's gotta sting knowing they could've won this if they didn't suck at freethrows today. They should be up by at least 2 pts now and not down 4 :rolleyes:

vivo
I know Shved sometimes forgets he has teammates, but he needs to be in there.

Who needs teammates if you can hit illogical pull-up sideways threes though

Obina
Who is more ugly: Calathes or this game?

Khvostov :D :D

Killer Bob
why Greeks didn't fouled?

CoachZ
09-13-2017, 05:32 PM
Its funny that your nick starts with the word coach
Havent you notice that calathes is the best player in defence on the court and the best of greece in attack while he is exhausted
Change your nick to something more suitable. Like amateur or troll

Either he is your brother or lover, otherwise you will always find a way to defend him. Read my post I said he played very well in the first half but he made soooooo many mistakes in the second, that along with Sloukas he is the biggest reason you have thrown this away in the second half...

Richey666
Sad to watch Greece lose this one after having 11-point lead...they deserved to win this one, until they blew it. Russian march may continue to finals until they will be put to its place by Spain, I cant see 2007 sensation rehappening here.

Adon
It was more difficult for Russia than I thought. Now I understand that Croatia was really crappy team.

ncjazz
09-13-2017, 05:33 PM
Who needs teammates if you can hit illogical pull-up sideways threes though

With his eyes closed. ;)

CG
09-13-2017, 05:33 PM

Either he is your brother or lover, otherwise you will always find a way to defend him. Read my post I said he played very well in the first half but he made soooooo many mistakes in the second, that along with Sloukas he is the biggest reason you have thrown this away in the second half...

Retarded Troll as other people have said in the past

Alvertis4
09-13-2017, 05:34 PM
Nick Calathes is trying his best. Too bad he has Bourousis as a teammate. Among others.

vivo
09-13-2017, 05:34 PM

Coach we love poking fun at Calathes but a big part of blame is on Greece coach. I don't want to get repetitive but he made a terrible job at rotations (or lack thereof)

Killer Bob
09-13-2017, 05:35 PM
Defences have nothing to do with tiredness and tension I suppose.

if we used Dimec and Zagorac, you could use Pappas a little more. tiredness and tension is really no excuse, especially with 3 free days.

Modis
09-13-2017, 05:38 PM
Sad to watch Greece lose this one after having 11-point lead...they deserved to win this one, until they blew it. Russian march may continue to finals until they will be put to its place by Spain, I cant see 2007 sensation rehappening here.

Russians not once came back into the game like this in this tournament it just shows their tough character...

R1ou
09-13-2017, 05:38 PM
If you can't beat this Russian team you don't deserve anything..Blowing such opportunities away year in and year out is simply brilliant.

fasoulaki
09-13-2017, 05:39 PM
The worst greek NT ever!

archaz
09-13-2017, 05:39 PM
Both teams clearly made huge bets against them. Impossible to watch.

freestyler34
09-13-2017, 05:41 PM
Calathes looks like Jason Statham

Adon
The worst greek NT ever!

At least Lthuanians and Croatians, supposedly serious medal contenders, are worse than us.

usagre
Sloukas came back to earth. Role players like him usually do after career performances in their previous game.

Oly_fan
09-13-2017, 05:42 PM

It was perfectly fine to watch, go watch an all star game if you didn't like it, maybe it suits your taste more.

Adon
09-13-2017, 05:42 PM

You are used to watch your completely unsuccessful team and you have very high standards :p

DainBramaged
09-13-2017, 05:46 PM
I should have bet more money on Russia, I didn't manage to be neutral :(

GreenFan
09-13-2017, 05:47 PM
Congrats to Russia for their win.
Too many missed free throws and zero contribution from players coming from the bench was the reason for the defeat. For the Greek NT the tournament was not a disaster but certainly not a success. I hope that with a better coach and more importantly with Giannis in the team, we'll finally get a medal in the next tournament.

Darrell Armstrong
Russia won because at the end of a game there must be one winner. If a possibility existed of both teams coming out as losers, Greece and Russia would have found it.

Oly_fan
37, 36, 36, 34 and 33. The minutes our 4 starters plus Bourousis played.

There is no dropoff in quality that big that can remotely justify this. If you exclude Bogris and Thanasis -who has energy to spare- all our players play on the same club level, have the same experience level, are more or less all roleplayers in their teams with some having a little bigger role (Printezis, Calathes, Sloukas). We went into this tournament without an undisputed leader but at least lack of depth was not of any concern. Instead that's what did us in.

Dreamcatcher
09-13-2017, 05:48 PM
Even russians are saying how bad the game was in terms of quality, but are happy with the character the team showed.

Victorious
09-13-2017, 05:49 PM
Greece seemed pretty much exhausted during the last 15 minutes. I mean, Missas payed 35 mins with five players. Not even seven or eight players. And Greece has a very deep bench. You can't win a game on this level with five players playing 35 mins on average. Not in this basketball age. It was obvious the Russians were more energetic in the final quarter.

R1ou
Missas is very dangerous, I hope tomorrow those who picked him are going to step down along with him.

Demi
Of course it was the good defenses that made this game a bit ugly!!!Russia scored 101 points at the last game! The one against Croatia, the game most of you thought Croatia was going to win!And this shows how smart these teams are, not how stupid!

iraz
09-13-2017, 05:50 PM
The game was absurd, both teams played awfully, and the funniest thing is that we managed to win in the greek style - after a tough comeback and in the last quarter. Well, beautiful or not - it's a win and we are in the 1/2. And Shved once again showed how unrelible he is. I am glad the team can overcome this, too.

CG
09-13-2017, 05:51 PM
Congratulations to Russia
They deserve it

Victorious
The game was absurd, both teams played awfully, and the funniest thing is that we managed to win in the greek style - after a tough comeback and in the last quarter. Well, beautiful or not - it's a win and we are in the 1/2. And Shved once again showed how unrelible he is. I am glad the team can overcome this, too.

Congratulations buddy. A very nice performance from Russia.

unnamed
Congratz Russia. Somehow I knew you'll win this one as well.

Oly_fan
But I have to give it to the players who played these minutes, even if they were poor or got too tired. They pretty much left it all on the court, they can't be blamed.

slice me nice
I am really surprised with the repetitive heroic performances of Shved. Is this dude real or what? Isn't he supposed to spoil all the efforts of his team-mates at the end? He is surprisingly good.

Calathes is the last guy to put the blame on. Your centers are washed-up Bourousis and one of the biggest busts of his draft class Papagiannis. It is not logical to expect more. The importance of Koufos for this team can't be explained by words even though I am not a big fan of him either, but he could at least contribute at some extent.

Oly_fan
09-13-2017, 05:53 PM
Of course it was the good defenses that made this game a bit ugly!!!

But defence should be illegal, every game should be a three point contest unless someone drives directly towards you in which case you should move out of the way to allow the 'SPECTACULAR SLAM!'.

payton20
09-13-2017, 05:54 PM
Greece did the best with this current roster, especially without Giannis. Quarter-Final is the best they can get. It's not a bad tournament for them.

Russia with Shved plays the best basketball except for Spain in this tournament.

Retarded Troll as other people have said in the past

I don't recommend to argue with that guy, he has some kind of immunity here, he just gets a 1 day ban and returns somehow :D Unlike the other people that he argued with. :D

Adon
09-13-2017, 05:55 PM
Congrats to Russia. I think they can beat Italy. Serbia is a tough team too, a worse match for them.

Oly_fan
09-13-2017, 05:56 PM
I am really surprised with the repetitive heroic performances of Shved. Is this dude real or what? Isn't he supposed to spoil all the efforts of his team-mates at the end? He is surprisingly good.

He did try but he was out for the big possesions. It was Khvoshtov that made the huge basket iirc.

Calathes is the last guy to put the blame on. Your centers are washed-up Bourousis and one of the biggest busts of his draft class Papagiannis. It is not logical to expect more. The importance of Koufos for this team can't be explained by words even though I am not a big fan of him either, but he could at least contribute at some extent.

Bourousis had a nice game overall.

archaz
09-13-2017, 05:58 PM
You are used to watch your completely unsuccessful team and you have very high standards :p

I think my NT don't have any relations to one of the worst and chaotic games of this Eurobasket, no need to be so aggressive.