Sam Mitchell: "I did not watch Eurobasket"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Mitchell: "I did not watch Eurobasket"

Sam Mitchell answered, when asked what he thought about Bargnani at Eurobasket, " Don't know, I did not watch Eurobasket".

Wow, can you imagine that. You have Calderon, Bargnani, Nesterovic and Garbajosa playing at this tournament and you don't watch it? I mean, if you're coaching these guys you have to be up to date about their developement and emotional state.
    Bargnani is his franchise player, second year NBA player and he does not watch his progress in offseason?
    Calderon played a great Eurobasket and took a further step and back in Toronto he is that stupid back up I remember from last season?
    Garbajosa played his first games after a serious injury and his coach does not even care how he does on the court?
    Does he knwo about the spanish players emotional state after the lost final?

Wow, and this guy is "NBA Coach of the Year".
    "It's not about four guys working to get one player open and give the ball to him."- Ettore Messina

Sanchez, Ginobili, Basile, Kukoc, Sabonis

I bet his only concern is whether he returns healthy or not, that's all they seem to care about anyway
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Comment

If Mitchell didnt joking its wierd situation.

Comment

it's not a weird situation at all... Gherardini was saving his a.. during the season, direction him who he should play and since Toronto surprised numericaly (number of wins/losses) considering the roster, he got the coach of the year award.

I wouldn't mind if that was coach of... dunno... NY Knicks, that doesn't have any player there, but Mitchel had Bargnani, Calderon, Nesterovič as well as Toronto draftee Ukić and their ex-player Slokar there... not to mention there are things in european bball done different than in NBA, and watching a game or two wouldn't hurt him from "broading your bball knowledge" perspective.
        Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
        That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

He don't have to watch all EC. If he wants, he just have to call or write e-mail "i want to see how Calderon played against zone in EC" and in few days he will receive DVD with Calderon playing against zone.

Or maybe his heart bleeds watching his players play against each over
          The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

You guys don't understand who Sam Mitchell is. If this is the first quote you're reading from him, then you're going to be surprised by how stupid he comes off. Mitchell prefers to act dumb instead of answering tough questions. He didn't want to have to say "yeah, Bargnani sucked at Eurobasket," so he pretended like he doesn't know what happened there. He does it all the time. His quotes change from week to week. This is just Sam being Sam.

Comment

although cheezdoodle has a point to make here for my fellow euros who are so bias it might as well just be written as your avatar, i also have to side with you guys.

sam mitchell didnt and should have not deserved nba coach of the year. i think they would do a lot better with somebody else as coach of toronto. i think ive stated this before already in the past.
              "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Phantim3dx
                although cheezdoodle has a point to make here for my fellow euros who are so bias
                Oh come on man
                Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by DanMajerle
                  Wow, and this guy is "NBA Coach of the Year".
                  I guess the competition can't be that tough....

Comment

Originally posted by Phantim3dx
                    although cheezdoodle has a point to make here for my fellow euros who are so bias it might as well just be written as your avatar, i also have to side with you guys.

sam mitchell didnt and should have not deserved nba coach of the year. i think they would do a lot better with somebody else as coach of toronto. i think ive stated this before already in the past.
                    whenever It comes to Sam Mitchel I admit my bias, can't stand him and probably never will (and that's hard to achieve being a NBA coach, since they really don't get much attention from me lately)... the COY award just deepend my feelings towards him
                    Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Well, now Sam "the brain" Mitchell found out that Garbjosa is kind of useless and gives him only little playing time this season.
                      Garbajosa is frustrated with his lack of playing time:

Garbajosa is NOT Robert Horry, Sam, he's 29.

P.s.: I can't believe what I'm reading here, IMO Garbajosa is one of the toughest players in basketball, a hustle guy that draws a lot of fouls and can shoot threes, was a key for the Raptors for making the Playoffs and now according to Raptors fans he's old and useless? People are forgetting so fast....
                      Last edited by DanMajerle; 11-05-2007, 06:39 PM.
                      "It's not about four guys working to get one player open and give the ball to him."- Ettore Messina

Sanchez, Ginobili, Basile, Kukoc, Sabonis

Comment

And we better not start talking what is he doing with Calderon or Baston...
                        I KISS BASKET

Comment

There is none to blame for their situation.

All these 3 players went from top in euroleague to benchers in NBA and settled for much less money.

Baston 750K Euros
                          Garbajosa 1.7M Euros
                          Calderon 1M Euros

If I was offered a new job in 'the best company', with the best conditions and they would offer me half of what igot in my previous job i would tell them to go fuck themselves.

They should just come back to Europe.

Originally posted by parso
                          Gomelsky doesn't know @@@@ about basketball
                          Originally posted by sseppel
                          it's not asking too much for someone to know where the fuck he is.
                          Originally posted by UMUT_FB_LAL
                          Scola makes me wanna touch myself, no homo

Comment

Originally posted by ArkadiosV2
                            There is none to blame for their situation.

All these 3 players went from top in euroleague to benchers in NBA and settled for much less money.

Baston 750K Euros
                            Garbajosa 1.7M Euros
                            Calderon 1M Euros

If I was offered a new job in 'the best company', with the best conditions and they would offer me half of what igot in my previous job i would tell them to go fuck themselves.

They should just come back to Europe.
                            I agree with u in that they shoud come bach here asap, but their situation is not their fault. Its the fault of a blind coach that considers that a player shoud play depending the salary he gets nor the bball quality he has.
                            I KISS BASKET

Comment

Do you think Sam Mitchell only this year noticed that Garbajosa's salary is too small to play big minutes?
                              The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information