• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unforgettable

Ante geia, Al!

Words from the Peristeri's site.

06/09/2004: Εφυγε ο χαμογελαστός πρίγκιπας

Οταν τα λόγια αδυνατούν να εκφράσουν τη θλίψη, όταν το χαμόγελο παγώνει, τότε οι λέξεις χάνουν το νόημά τους. Ποιος το πίστευε ότι ο Αλφόνσο Φορντ, ο Αμερικανός με το μεσογειακό ταπεραμέντο και το ελληνικό φιλότιμο, ο παίκτης με το πιο αστραφτερό χαμόγελο, ο ΔΙΚΟΣ μας ΠΡΙΓΚΙΠΑΣ δεν ζει πια. Στα 33 του έφυγε τόσο βιαστικά, όσο γρήγορα περνούσε τους αντιπάλους του.

Η ζωή δεν του χαμογέλασε ποτέ. Αυτός χαμογελούσε πάντα. Από τα 26 του βίωσε τα πρώτα προβλήματα με το αίμα του. Από τότε δεν σταμάτησε στιγμή να το παλεύει. Συνεχείς έλεγχοι, αλλά φαίνεται πως η αντίστροφη μέτρηση είχε αρχίσει. Κι ο ίδιος, λες και γνώριζε, έκανε τα πάντα με απίστευτη ταχύτητα.

Ανέβαζε τις ομάδες στις οποίες αγωνίζονταν, τις οδηγούσε στην υπέρβαση με έναν ανεπανάληπτα μοναδικό τρόπο. Περνούσε τον αντίπαλο σαν σταματημένο. «Οταν κάνει το πρώτο βήμα, την έκρηξη, είναι τόσο έντονη που λες και τον έχει χτυπήσει σφαίρα» έλεγε ο Αργύρης Πεδουλάκης. Εφτανε στο καλάθι με «χίλιους τρόπους». «Ακόμα και αν του δέσεις τα χέρια και τα μάτια, πάλι θα πετύχει καλάθι» έλεγε ο ατζέντης και… κολλητός του Νίκος Λώτσος. Διαμαρτύρονταν στους διαιτητές, λες και στο πρόσωπό τους έβλεπε την αδικία με την οποία τον αντιμετώπισε η ζωή…

Ο Αλφόνσο, ο «Αλ» αγαπήθηκε όσο κανείς. Το άξιζε. Ηταν ένας άνθρωπος που όπου κι αν βρίσκονταν, ό,τι κι αν έκανε, δεν μπορούσε να περάσει απαρατήρητος. Ηταν… σημαδεμένος. Είχε έναν μοναδικό τρόπο να κάνει τους φίλους του να γελάνε και τους αντιπάλους να… κλαίνε. Τώρα κλαίνε όλοι οι φίλοι του, γιατί στη ζωή –έξω από το παρκέ– δεν είχε αντιπάλους.

Δεν θα τον ξεχάσουμε ποτέ. Ζήσαμε μαζί του δύο χρόνια, αλλά ήταν τόσο έντονα, τόσο σημαντικά, που έμοιαζε μια ολόκληρη ζωή…

C'mon BL, we need a translation please.
    Last edited by stuart; 09-04-2007, 12:40 AM.
    Γυμναστικός Σύλλογος Περιστερίου

Comment

In English please..

Comment

Originally posted by HIGHLANDER
        In English please..
        I'm waiting for some Greek native speaker who could translate it. Greek is my L3 and English my L4, translating the article by myself I would for sure destroy it.

Comment

Translation

Words from the Peristeri's site.

06/09/2004: The smiling prince is gone

When words are not enough to express the sorrow, when the smile is frozen, then words loose their meaning. Who would believe that Alfonso Ford, the American with the Mediterranean temperament and Greek "filotimo"(pride), the player with the most shiny smile, OUR PRINCE is no longer alive. At the age of 33 has left us so hastily, as quickly as he got past his opponents.

Life never smiled at him. He was always smiling. At the age of 26 he experienced the first problems with his blood. Since then he didn't stop fighting. He went through continuous checkups, but it looks like the final count down had started. It seems like he knew that and did everything in an unbelievable speed.

He helped the teams he was playing in to improve. He would lead them in a higher level with a unique and original way. He got past his opponent like he was standing.
          "When he makes the first step, the explosion, it is so intense that you think he has been hit with a bullet" Argyris Pedoulakis used to say. He could score in thousand ways. "Even if you tie his hands or close his eyes, he will manage to score" his agent and best friend Nikos Lotsos used to say. He was complaining to the referees, as if he was seeing in their face the injustice that had to confront in his life...

Alfonso, "Al" was so loved as no one else. He deserved that. He was a man who wherever he was, whatever he was doing, he was noticed. He was marked. He had a unique way to make his friends laugh and his opponents ...cry. Now only all his friends cry, because in life - outside the court - he did not have any opponents.

We will never forget him. We lived with him two years. Two years so intense and important that looked like it was a whole life...

Sorry for any mistakes ...
          We will always remember this unique man....
          Last edited by arsinoh; 09-04-2007, 06:11 PM. Reason: Complete the translation

Comment

I hide my thoughts in a tear, remembering you.
            You're always in my heart, Al. I'll never forget you. Never.

Comment

Great player, an amazing scorer. Always smiling, probably an amazing personality too. It's sad, life goes on... but he should be never forgotten.

Comment

We will never forget you Al!!!

Comment

Great player, big soul, he was one of my favorite players since he played 4 Peristeri(before Olympiacos signed him) and everybody in Europe will remember him.
                  Your time is up my time is now,
                  you can't see me my time is now...

"Basketball is like the church. Many attend it, but few understand it"

If u smell what the G.L. is cookin'...

The Demon of Greek loby is here!

Comment

Rest in Peace to another basketball player/fan and believer.
                    = music, guitars, supplies, GO! =

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information