Galatasaray Odeabank 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galatasaray Odeabank 2017-18

Galatasaray will be next season Eurocup competition. They is new head coach Erman Kunter. Staying players Goksenin Koksal, Ege Arar and Emir Preldzic.

Transfers rumors: Bo Mccalebb, Dwight Hardy, Richard Hendrix and Engin Atsur...

The official site of Euroleague Basketball. Check out live matches, stats, standings, teams, players, interviews, fantasy challenge and much more.

Galatasaray Roster 2016-17

G: Justin Dentmon, Russ Smith, Can Korkmaz
    G: Sinan Güler, Jon Diebler, Goksenin Koksal
    F: Vladimir Micov, Emir Preldzic, Blake Schilb
    F: Austin Daye, Deon Thompson, Orhan Haciyeva
    C: Alex Tyus, Tibor Pleiss, Ege Arar
    Staff: Ergin Ataman, Yakup Sekizkok, Tolga Baser

You will have Koksal-Yagmur duo next season, congrats.

Any youtube channel of Galata? I must see every single game.

Comment

Galatasaray official YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/2galatasaray

Comment

GS with Emi Preldzic as one of main players is a joke. Sorry gs fans but you will be mediocre next season

PS. I don't hate GS, wish all the best but what I see is another chaotic season

Comment

I'm not as pessimistic as you are. Galatasaray has a budget of $ 4 or 4,5 million and is getting good players. Of course it will not be easy to win trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by Oguz Guven View Post
            I'm not as pessimistic as you are. Galatasaray has a budget of $ 4 or 4,5 million and is getting good players. Of course it will not be easy to win trophies.
            I agree that for such budget GS is geting solid players. Just saying that Preldzic is balast for you and you will pay price for that

Comment

Galatasaray finally rosters:

Guard: Alex Renfroe, Mehmet Yagmur
              Guard: Goksenin Koksal, Dwight Hardy
              Forward: Scotty Hopson, Emir Preldzic
              Forward: Dajuan Summers, Ege Arar, T.J. Cline
              Center: Rakeem Christmas, Richard Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by Oguz Guven View Post
                Galatasaray finally rosters:

Guard: Alex Renfroe, Mehmet Yagmur
                Who are going to be 2 local players they need to play in Turkish League?

Comment

Originally posted by roloj View Post
                  Who are going to be 2 local players they need to play in Turkish League?
                  Serkan Aydin and there will be more another young player.

Comment

I hate what GS did this summer. They said they will be lowering the budget and then they spent a lot of money for foreigners who would only help them to be 4th or 5th in the leauge and a mediocre europe cup team. I was expecting them to get couple of young guys like Geçim, Ulubay, Koşut to buid a young core and develop. Those players showed they can be successful with Giresun this year and with the fanbase of GS they could have done even more. Good job with your transfers and be ready to spend a lot of money again in the next summer to get a new sset of mediocre foreign players

Comment

Originally posted by okanial View Post
                      I hate what GS did this summer. They said they will be lowering the budget and then they spent a lot of money for foreigners who would only help them to be 4th or 5th in the leauge and a mediocre europe cup team. I was expecting them to get couple of young guys like Geçim, Ulubay, Koşut to buid a young core and develop. Those players showed they can be successful with Giresun this year and with the fanbase of GS they could have done even more. Good job with your transfers and be ready to spend a lot of money again in the next summer to get a new sset of mediocre foreign players
                      I think Banvit and Daçka will ask for a lor of money as buyout if some team want them. I do not know where i red that Banvit was asking near a million dollars for Geçim. Of course i prefer young people, I hope Giresun, Karsiyaka (with new coach), Banvit and other teams give more minutes this season to young players, but I think Geçim and Ulubay were not in the market, they were untransferable (althoug Kosut was a good option)

Comment

I hate Gala but they can not spend whole year for this young core thing.There is not any big potential local player.Okben or Gecim they will not be more than average player.Whu you will.waste a year to have mediocre players.Gala have huge fan base they have to be competitive.This years team could.be better but good or not their purpose should be final on Tbl and winning eurocup.No one satisfy for the purpose of growing two young talent.They will not be Bodiroga they will be Mahmutoglu level

Comment

Originally posted by Cemalex View Post
                          I hate Gala but they can not spend whole year for this young core thing.There is not any big potential local player.Okben or Gecim they will not be more than average player.Whu you will.waste a year to have mediocre players.Gala have huge fan base they have to be competitive.This years team could.be better but good or not their purpose should be final on Tbl and winning eurocup.No one satisfy for the purpose of growing two young talent.They will not be Bodiroga they will be Mahmutoglu level
                          Disagree with this approach. They will not be anything special unless they're believed in & invested in. It's not a solid argument to say they'd get minutes if they deserved it, because this is not how it works in Turkey. Okanial has a good point that GS will not achieve anything this year any way, why waste the budget on globetrotters? Gamble it on local prospects, let it not work. but maybe it will, there is no difference between 5th or 8th or 14th place.

Having said that I think Kunter will give serious minutes to Arar. I'll maybe exaggerate a bit but he may turn into the best Turkish PF if invested in.

Originally posted by Oguz Guven
                          guard: Alex Renfroe, Mehmet Yagmur
                          imho, this is a 5-8th place roster for TBL. and depending on chemistry, maybe quarters in Eurocup.

Mahmet Yagmur is terrible as the back-up guard. I once read him (and also Ender Arslan) complaining about unfair treatment towards loacl players in their teams. It may be true for guys like Ulubay or Turen etc, but it was definitely not true in the case of Yagmur. Blatt tried to play him a lot, esp when Wilbekin was injured, but he was atrocious at every minute on court. A few games in a row. I think he should have followed Arslan to the 2nd league.
                          Last edited by Levenspiel; 08-25-2017, 09:04 AM.
                          5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                            Disagree with this approach. They will not be anything special unless they're believed in & invested in. It's not a solid argument to say they'd get minutes if they deserved it, because this is not how it works in Turkey. Okanial has a good point that GS will not achieve anything this year any way, why waste the budget on globetrotters? Gamble it on local prospects, let it not work. but maybe it will, there is no difference between 5th or 8th or 14th place.

Having said that I think Kunter will give serious minutes to Arar. I'll maybe exaggerate a bit but he may turn into the best Turkish PF if invested in.

imho, this is a 5-8th place roster for TBL. and depending on chemistry, maybe quarters in Eurocup.

Mahmet Yagmur is terrible as the back-up guard. I once read him (and also Ender Arslan) complaining about unfair treatment towards loacl players in their teams. It may be true for guys like Ulubay or Turen etc, but it was definitely not true in the case of Yagmur. Blatt tried to play him a lot, esp when Wilbekin was injured, but he was atrocious at every minute on court. A few games in a row. I think he should have followed Arslan to the 2nd league.
                            I wish them to be out of play off or relegation as a Fener fan.But on their wiev they could do same thing what besiktas did this year.Trying to grow two mediocre local player can not be main goal for a team that has millions of fanbase.Okben found playing time at giresun but left them at first money opportunity .He is that stupid why they will waste time.These idiots don't deserve the chance.They should be smart first then ask.chance.I hate local players work ethic.What has Efes gained with their young core.Cedi and Furkan left the team for nba , the others left the team because they think they should get minutes without fighting.They are all arrogant and stupid and do t deserve anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Cemalex View Post
                              I wish them to be out of play off or relegation as a Fener fan.But on their wiev they could do same thing what besiktas did this year.Trying to grow two mediocre local player can not be main goal for a team that has millions of fanbase.Okben found playing time at giresun but left them at first money opportunity .He is that stupid why they will waste time.These idiots don't deserve the chance.They should be smart first then ask.chance.I hate local players work ethic.What has Efes gained with their young core.Cedi and Furkan left the team for nba , the others left the team because they think they should get minutes without fighting.They are all arrogant and stupid and do t deserve anything.
                              in Cedi and Furkan's defence, İt is not like they didn't try. Cedi played two more season after getting drafted and there is nothing new for him with Efes, Furkan also wait a year but didn't get a chance. I believe he could stay more if he feels trusted. What would you expect them? Should Cedi stay forever or Furkan should agree to sit on bench one more season? In the end, they can't be compered with Yurtseven, Okben or others.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information