PDA

View Full Version : Foreigner restriction in domestic leagues

Basket_
08-22-2007, 03:08 PM
What are the foreigners restrictions in domestic European leagues?

In Lithuania league (LKL) team can register maximum 5 foreigner for a game, no matter they are Europeans, Americans and etc. Although team can have more foreigners in their roster, example 6, like Zalgiris or Lietuvos rytas had last year, but just 5 of them will be able to play in a game and also there have to be at least 7 registered Lithuanians. Also teams can change those foreigner players, example, when in one game played Mottola and in other Woods, like it was in Zalgiris.

In second Lithuania league (NKL) team can have 2 foreigners.

In Baltic basketball league (BBL) there are no limits for foreigners.

hawk
08-22-2007, 03:13 PM
Greece

In A1 teams can have 4 Europeans+2 Rest of the world (Americans)

In A2 teams can sign only 2 European Players (No Americans are eligible)

In Greece Bosman players are the one coming from a European Country (Bosman A+Bosman b)

KokkinosVasilias
08-22-2007, 03:16 PM
interesting topic

in Greece A1, you can have max 6 foreigners, of these 6 there can be max 2 non europeans

you can changes 3 times a player in the roster for the 1st round and 2 for the 2nd round, no changes during the play offs

elaj
08-22-2007, 04:16 PM
Slovenia

There are no limits for foreigners, there's just a rule that a team must have at least 5 Slovenian players in the team on a game day.

Adriatic League

There are no limits what so ever for foreigners.

achinet
08-22-2007, 04:35 PM
In the ACB there are no restriction in european players, and a maximum of 2 non european. (Tau is an example, only Vidal is Spanish :eek: ).

Personally I don't agree with that rule.

rikhardur
08-22-2007, 06:20 PM
In the ACB there are no restriction in european players, and a maximum of 2 non european. (Tau is an example, only Vidal is Spanish :eek: ).

Personally I don't agree with that rule.
A rule enforcing more Spanish players I suppose?

achinet
08-22-2007, 06:52 PM
A rule enforcing more Spanish players I suppose?

Yes, it is increhible that Spain has a so good senior selection (perhaps it is a good work of the base). Most of teams have only one starter player who is Spanish, even many of which form the present NT are substitutes in theirs teams.

woma
08-23-2007, 01:11 AM
In Poland you can have as much foreigners as you want, but you have to have 4 local players in 12-man match roster.