PDA

View Full Version : Best SF in europe

KokkinosVasilias
08-19-2007, 06:37 PM
i didnt write "best european SF" because we all know who that is...
(he's tall with blond, wavy hair and strange teeth) :D

so who's the best SF in Europe?

i'd say Vassilopoulos but not anymore since Qyntel Woods came to this continent :D

wardjdim
08-19-2007, 06:40 PM
Currently, it's Ramunas Siskauskas. If Rudy Fernandez can be considered a small forward, then he is close to that, though. Milan Gurovic is the best offensively.

CG
08-19-2007, 06:45 PM

i'd say Vassilopoulos but not anymore since Qyntel Woods came to this continent :D

:d :d :d

Straight forward
08-19-2007, 07:28 PM
Siska!

T.W.Is.M.
08-19-2007, 08:56 PM

why don't I get it?
leaving out the europeans that play in the NBA(Stojakovic 4 example) I would say Siskauskas too.

insider
08-19-2007, 09:34 PM
Ramunas without doubt, Gurovic is second.

kololoco
08-20-2007, 07:46 AM
Ramunas without doubt, Gurovic is second.

I second that, but am not sure that the magrin in wide. It's just that Ramunas is playing in a big team so is more in the spotlight currently. But Gurovic is a beast as well, so I'd say they split the first place.

critter out on a walk
08-20-2007, 09:47 AM
Those playing in Europe:

1-Fotsis
2-Monia
3-Eliyahu
4-Gurovic
5-Jasaitis
6-Siskauskas
7-Vassilopoulos
8-Mancinelli
9-Gallinari
10-Jimenez

Overall:

1-Stojakovic
2-Luol Deng
3-Kirilenko
4-Turkoglu
5-Fotsis
6-Diaw
7-Monia
8-Khryapa
9-Eliyahu
10-Gurovic

caaprius
08-20-2007, 10:01 AM
Those playing in Europe:

5-Jasaitis
6-Siskauskas

joke of the month.

what, repeat, what makes Jasaitis better than Šiškauskas?

KokkinosVasilias
08-20-2007, 10:37 AM
why don't I get it?
leaving out the europeans that play in the NBA(Stojakovic 4 example) I would say Siskauskas too.

But if it was about europeans there wouldnt be a question about who's the best SF...

you'd say Peja over Dirk?!? i dont think anybody would disagree that Dirk is the best SF, unless you think he's PF and can not play as SF

kololoco
08-20-2007, 10:40 AM
But if it was about europeans there wouldnt be a question about who's the best SF...

you'd say Peja over Dirk?!? i dont think anybody would disagree that Dirk is the best SF, unless you think he's PF and can not play as SF

Yes he is a pf. And so is kirilenko and I think that both of them can play sf, but that would be just a waste of talnet since both underproduce at the sf position.

caaprius
08-20-2007, 11:16 AM

what makes you think that Dirk is SF? if he was SF on NBA Live 2003, that doesn't mean he is SF in real life. In Dallas they have Josh Howard playing SF and I havent seen Dirk playing SF for the last 4-5 years. he is pure PF and sometimes plays Center.

T.W.Is.M.
08-20-2007, 02:13 PM

Let me b the third in a row 2 say the same thing:that I consider Nowitzki a PF too.He came 2 mind when I read your post but since i c him as PF I though he wasn't.

@critter_on_a_walk:Fotsis is no longer a SF, he used 2 play as SF when he ws about 20 years old.Eliyahu is also a PF, maybe he can play as SF too, the Israeli fans surely know better.

KokkinosVasilias
08-20-2007, 04:41 PM
Shame on me, i tried to relagate Dirk to small F

its obvious he's not SF, anyone can see he's XXLF

manuginobili
10-09-2007, 02:47 PM
I'd go for the trio Siskauskas, Gurovic and Monia.
Yesterday however, I saw Lottomatica - Toronto, and I was pretty impressed with the way Christian Drejer played; I guess he scored 21 points and he showed some great offensive skills (3pt range, passing skills, moving without the ball). Defensively, he is not 'top notch', but he should be ok against most perimeter players.

Straight forward
06-16-2008, 05:30 PM
I'd go for the trio Siskauskas, Gurovic and Monia.

Monia? That guy from Russia? Yeah right... Did he ever was good realy? I know he can hit some shots, but the last thing i remember about him is his stupid behaviour in Eurobasket 2007.

I would say that SF is the weakest spot in Europe, cause there are only few amazing guys.

Roy M
06-16-2008, 05:46 PM
I'll put my money on Siska, but if I look over all the decade, the one and the only one is AP.

ArkadiosV2
06-16-2008, 06:00 PM
Quotes of the year!

i'd say Vassilopoulos...

Those playing in Europe:

1-Fotsis
2-Monia
3-Eliyahu
4-Gurovic
5-Jasaitis
6-Siskauskas

Buducnost PG
06-16-2008, 06:03 PM
I am the best. I will sign with Oly next week and get 500.000€ per year. When Vassilopolous could get 1,3mio€ i can easily get 500.000€ from Oly who has the best managment of the world.:D

Francis
08-23-2008, 06:57 PM
I'd say Siskauskas and Nachbar now that he's in Europe.

zombie000777
08-27-2008, 01:49 PM
In europe small forward position have dissapeared.

Now big teams play with 3 guards who can bounce, pass and shoot the ball and a power forwards who plays facing the basket with a pure center.

CSKA (holden,landon,papaloukas,siskauskas)
pao (saras, v-span, diamantidis)
Maybe is because the 3 point line is shorter than in the NBA and there are not mid-range play and enough space.

For me players as Siskauskas, A.Parker o Delfino are not pure small forwards , they are just wing players.

Instead in the NBA , they play 2-2-1 , 2 guards, 2 forwards and 1 center.
PLayers as ilyasova or garbajosa in the nba they played the two forward position and in europe they are clearly a power forward.

elaj
08-27-2008, 02:11 PM
Boštjan Nachbar is also definitively one of the best SF's in Europe.

Jon_Koncak
08-27-2008, 10:06 PM
I got a man crush on Marko Tomas..he's just awesome..seriously what was Real thinkin keepin freakin Pelekanos and loanin him to fuenlabrada..rofl