PDA

View Full Version : Best current european CENTER

Straight forward
08-19-2007, 09:39 AM
Who's the best at the moment in your opinion?

P.Gasol
Z.Ilgauskas
N. Vujcic
M. Okur
D. Milicic

I would say Gasol and Ilgauskas, and i'm looking forward to see their battle in olimpics 2008!

kololoco
08-19-2007, 10:06 AM
Who's the best at the moment in your opinion?

P.Gasol
Z.Ilgauskas
N. Vujcic
M. Okur
D. Milicic

I would say Gasol and Ilgauskas, and i'm looking forward to see their battle in olimpics 2008!

Ilgauskas? He's no longer what he used to be.
Gasol is without competition here.

daniab
08-19-2007, 10:08 AM
No doubt....Gasol now is the best player in europe not only the current european center
He's the MVP of the WCC 2006, he improves a lot year after year.

Basketball GOD
08-19-2007, 10:09 AM
After watching this year's NBA finals I can assure you that Ilgauskas is no where close of being best center in Europe. TOP5 probably but also not 100 percent sure. Milic doesn't belong to top5. Gasol is first and he is by far the best center. Second probably Okur while Vujcic is third but these two are close. Also threre is Papadoupolus, Krstic and some random dudes who I forgot.

Aras_B
08-19-2007, 10:19 AM
Robertas Javtokas so far.

Joko Poljak Fan
08-19-2007, 10:49 AM
Robertas Javtokas so far.
no it's not... it's either Joško Poljak or Marton Bader

Straight forward
08-19-2007, 11:10 AM
Ilgauskas? He's no longer what he used to be.
Gasol is without competition here.

yes, he's getting older, but imho he's playing very quality basketball. and dont forget he's playing in Cavs and Gasol in Grizzlies. the main factor of a bit worse season for Ilgauskas is Cavs coach, who thinks that it's time to make new CAVS playing fast bsketball and he thinks Ilgauskas simply doesnt fit there...thought it's obvious that this coach dont know shit how to use Ilgauskas properly, even after such a nonsense Ilgauskas remained the second players in efficiency in Cavs. So i think he will be a huge weapon few years more, even if a bit worse than P. Gasol.

Afraid
08-19-2007, 11:13 AM
Zydrunas is clearely at the top 5 european centers, this year hes among top10 nba centers, and you dont put him in the top of the european basketball? i would.

Best NBA centers:
1. Yao Ming (Rockets)
2. Amare Stoudemire (Suns)
3. Shaquille O'Neal (Heat)
4. Dwight Howard (Magic)
5. Marcus Camby (Nuggets)
6. Tyson Chandler (Hornets)
7. Eddy Curry (Knicks)
8. Ben Wallace (Bulls)
9. Mehmet Okur (Jazz)
10. ydrūnas Ilgauskas (Cavaliers)

KokkinosVasilias
08-19-2007, 11:34 AM
Schortsianitis by far :D

daniab
08-19-2007, 01:03 PM
Zydrunas is clearely at the top 5 european centers, this year hes among top10 nba centers, and you dont put him in the top of the european basketball? i would.

Best NBA centers:
1. Yao Ming (Rockets)
2. Amare Stoudemire (Suns)
3. Shaquille O'Neal (Heat)
4. Dwight Howard (Magic)
5. Marcus Camby (Nuggets)
6. Tyson Chandler (Hornets)
7. Eddy Curry (Knicks)
8. Ben Wallace (Bulls)
9. Mehmet Okur (Jazz)
10. ydrūnas Ilgauskas (Cavaliers)
What ? are u kidding with me ??
Yao is much better than stoudemire,S.O'Neal ,Howard,wallace ??
Where is P.Gasol ?? Duncan ??

Straight forward
08-19-2007, 01:11 PM

Dunkun is PF and Gasol must be unappreciated because of his team results...

daniab
08-19-2007, 01:34 PM
Dunkun is PF and Gasol must be unappreciated because of his team results...

Duncan Is PF ? How is that ?
In San Antonio Spurs he plays as a center when Robert Horry as a PF.
Correct me if i'm wrong.

Nikoo
08-19-2007, 01:49 PM
Yes, but he plays PF with Oberto and Elson

Afraid
08-19-2007, 04:04 PM
no, im not kidding you, and this top10 is an official, its not my creative work. Also i would like to remind you than many players plays at one position in NT and in another at NBA;)

Srle
08-19-2007, 04:12 PM
1.Gasol
2.Krstic
3.Biedrins
4.Ilgauskas
5.Milicic

Afraid
08-19-2007, 04:15 PM
1.Gasol
2.Krstic
3.Biedrins
4.Ilgauskas
5.Milicic

Krstic and biedrinis really not better than Big Z and milicic

Srle
08-19-2007, 04:23 PM
Yes they are. Milicic have to prove him self. But he has place in the top five. Ilgauskas is on twilight of his career but still beter than Milicic.Krstic will hvae break out sesaon with Nets. If he stays healthy. I can wait to see him playing along side with Milicic

Straight forward
08-19-2007, 05:30 PM
Yes they are. Milicic have to prove him self. But he has place in the top five. Ilgauskas is on twilight of his career but still beter than Milicic.Krstic will hvae break out sesaon with Nets. If he stays healthy. I can wait to see him playing along side with Milicic

Oh yeah yeah, Biedrins is better that Ilgauskas :D that's a good one.

TB-Fan
08-19-2007, 07:35 PM
1.Gasol
2.Okur
3.Papadopoulos
4.Milicic

AssAsin
08-19-2007, 07:44 PM
1.Gasol
2.Okur
3.Vujcic
4.Papadoupoulos

Straight forward
08-19-2007, 08:11 PM
1.Gasol
2.Okur
3.Vujcic
4.Papadoupoulos

...:p

critter out on a walk
08-20-2007, 09:57 AM
1-Vujcic
2-N.Krstic
3-Ilgauskas
4-Kasun
5-Papadopoulos
6-Milicic
7-Nesterovic
8-Javtokas
9-Perovic
10-Bouroussis

saints13
08-20-2007, 10:52 AM
Siopao Gasul! :D

T.W.Is.M.
08-20-2007, 02:18 PM
I don't know who is the best center now(maybe Vujcic, maybe Ilgauskas), but I know who will b the biggest in 5 years:Schortsianitis!!!Even if he doesn't develop as he can as a player, he will b the fattest, therefore the biggest of all!:p

reignman
08-20-2007, 09:42 PM
papadopoulos in top5??? come on.. not even close

rikhardur
08-20-2007, 10:08 PM
Not saying he's there, but he has been farther...

reignman
08-20-2007, 10:10 PM
Pau Gasol is the #1 simple as that.

rikhardur
08-20-2007, 10:44 PM
Ruling out Ilgauskas and Okur (don't ask me why, these selections are always tough), it's between Gasol and Vujčić. Gasol is more of a true centre than Vujčić, but given the latter's all-around game which sometimes makes him look like a PG (:p) and yet being a top centre, I think I'll go for him.

matisvijs
08-24-2007, 10:48 AM
Oh yeah yeah, Biedrins is better that Ilgauskas :D that's a good one.

This is no joke, man. They are equally good man defenders (Ilgauskas better against bigger, stronger opponents, Biedrins against faster). Biedrins being better rebounder, shotblocker and help defender. Biedrins is a top 5 center in NBA in terms of athletecism so he's excellent for creating mismatches.
On offense Ilgauskas does score a bit more points, but he shoots 48% from the field which is weak for a center to say atleast. Biedrins on the other hand shooting an excellent 60%. Ilgauskas does have a more range on his jumper and better post-up game while Biedrins is a lot better in terms of moving without the ball and finishing around the rim. One thing where Ilgauskas is a lot better is free throw shooting (80% versus Biedrins 50%) but biedrins is slightly better at passing. One thing that I love about Biedrins on offense is his soft hands. He can catch any bad pass that you throw at him.
Maybe you could make a case that Ilgauskas is better fit in traditional euro-ball, but with run'n'gun style that Latvia is playing (similar to G-State) Biedrins fits perfectly in our style. So for NOW I say they are pretty equal (Biedrins is only 21 and still developing) but no way that next year Ilgauskas will be better.

kestas
08-24-2007, 01:16 PM
Biedrins is only 21

and Ilgauskas is 32. and yes, his debut season in NBA was great. here I may remind you that in the 4 games of the 1998 play-offs the rookie Ilgauskas averaged 36.8 minutes, 7.5 rebounds and 17.3 points. What did Biedrins average this year: 6.4 points and 6.3 rebounds (although that's pretty good, actually).
also you should not forget Ilgas still is the No. 2 player in a top-class NBA team despite having gone through some monster injuries that made him sit out year after year. he's a former all-star. he's got huge responsabilities both on offense and deffense in the Cavs, he shoots much more and has much more attention from the deffenses than Biedrins. lots of observers agree Ilgas is one of only a few true centers left in NBA. he had a bad Final this year, but was very important on the way to that Final (generally I think all Cavs had a bad Final).
Biedrins is yet to prove he can achieve what Ilgauskas has. now, obviously, Ilgas has not played for the NT (practically) and that hurts his chances in such a face-off.. we simply have nothing to judge him from in terms of the European game.. apart from his play in Atletas Kaunas that is, where he was excellent, btw with Atletas almost beating Zalgiris for the Lithuanian title a couple of times. I'm sure lots of basketball fans would like to see how he would do against other centers (including Biedrins and Gasol) this year with his classmate Saras (they played for many years together in a secondary school team), etc. then we could talk who's better. I wouldn't be surprised that if used correctly Ilgas would outperforem even Gasol who's the only guy here miles ahead of him (and everyone else) in terms of pure achievements.
k

JET007
08-24-2007, 02:02 PM
zydrunas ilgauskas

matisvijs
08-24-2007, 02:31 PM
and Ilgauskas is 32. and yes, his debut season in NBA was great. here I may remind you that in the 4 games of the 1998 play-offs the rookie Ilgauskas averaged 36.8 minutes, 7.5 rebounds and 17.3 points. What did Biedrins average this year: 6.4 points and 6.3 rebounds (although that's pretty good, actually).

k

Man, he averaged that in playoffs, coming off the bench, because nellie is the coach who doesn't trust young players when it comes to playoffs.
In regular season Biedrins was a starting center and his numbers were higher too:
9.5 PPG, 9.3 REBS, 1.7 BLKS, 1.1 AST, 0.8 STL.
Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that biedrins is better than Ilgauskas YET. But you lithuanians are acting like Biedrins is a scrub compared to him and it's a joke that some people could consider Biedrins better.

Afraid
08-24-2007, 02:33 PM
zydrunas ilgauskas

My coach graduated LKKA (univerity in lithuania) with Zydrunas :D im going to be a star ;) :D

seriously i think at NBA Zydrunas is still really better than Biedrinis, and i think he would better at European team too, coz he is very tall and it would help making points for him, coz there is no so athletics centers at eurobasket as theris in NBA and it would be much easier for him.

Abt the biedrins is better rebounder, i have to say that at the GSW is stronger guard line and biedrins have no strong PF near him to reabound teh ball, since Zydrunas have gooden near himself who rebounds abt 9 a game and Big z also rebound abt 8.

Sure Biedrinis is still young and he will be at the top of the list in a few years :)

matisvijs
08-24-2007, 05:37 PM
Abt the biedrins is better rebounder, i have to say that at the GSW is stronger guard line and biedrins have no strong PF near him to reabound teh ball, since Zydrunas have gooden near himself who rebounds abt 9 a game and Big z also rebound abt 8.

You could make the same case about Biedrins being a better scorer because there is Davis, Ellis, Harrington, Jackson and last year Richardson too on that team who all are 15+ ppg scorers. Those few times when biedrins actually gets the ball down low, he scores.

turkishpower
08-24-2007, 09:05 PM
1) Gasol
2) Okur
3) Vujcic
4) Krstic

The rest sucks

Srle
08-24-2007, 11:27 PM
Okur is not Center same with Dirk.

matisvijs
08-25-2007, 12:48 AM
1) Gasol
2) Okur
3) Vujcic
4) Krstic

The rest sucks
Obviosly you don't now the guy named Biedrins. Well that tall latvian center with funny haircut who dropped 29 points and 11 rebs on Turkey few days ago was him ;) .Yep he sure sucks. :rolleyes:

P.S. Missed Ilgauskas and Milicic there too.

fasoulaki
08-25-2007, 05:17 AM

He should be voted in the top5 of european Prima Ballerina!

turkishpower
08-25-2007, 07:33 AM
Obviosly you don't now the guy named Biedrins. Well that tall latvian center with funny haircut who dropped 29 points and 11 rebs on Turkey few days ago was him ;) .Yep he sure sucks. :rolleyes:

P.S. Missed Ilgauskas and Milicic there too.

He is not on the same level of the centers I have listed. Dropping 29 pts in an exhibition game doesn't change that fact. He scored 9 pts against Croatia yesterday. So, nothing is proven yet.

matisvijs
08-25-2007, 11:27 AM
He is not on the same level of the centers I have listed. Dropping 29 pts in an exhibition game doesn't change that fact. He scored 9 pts against Croatia yesterday. So, nothing is proven yet.
How in the hell he is not on the same level of the centers listed?
Ok let's compare him to turkish best center Okur:
On defense you don't even need to compare them, Biedrins is by far better in every aspect (steals, rebounds, blocks, man defense, help defense). I was suprised when i saw Okur stats that he is only averaging 0.5 blks per game, some guards averages more... steals and blocks show you that he's extremly poor help defender.
Well, the offense is where i give slight edge to Okur, but Biedrins is better at catching passes and finishing around the rim. Okur get's a lot more touches, but his 46% from the field shows that he's basically living from his jumper and chucking up threes. Okur's just too soft to go inside and bang with the big boys. Biedrins on the other hand doesn't try to do too much, shooting significant 60% from the field (3rd place in the NBA). At the end it looks like the Only things that Okur's better than Biedrins is shooting and passing. In every other aspect Biedrins is better so I don't know how you can say that he's not on the same level as Biedrins.

Afraid
08-25-2007, 06:39 PM
You could make the same case about Biedrins being a better scorer because there is Davis, Ellis, Harrington, Jackson and last year Richardson too on that team who all are 15+ ppg scorers. Those few times when biedrins actually gets the ball down low, he scores.
you cant compare davis, jackson.. with Lebron (and hughes) near him, and look at the team results, ilgauskas would be even better player in GSW than he is at Cavs i think!

Ok ok, i know you will say something again that biedrinis is better etc..i surely agree that biedrinis is at the top centers in Europe, and this is player that latvia can proud of, and Ilgauskas and Biedrinis really did not SUCKS:mad:

P.S. it would be good to see biedrinis vs kambala (in boxing and in basketball:D )

turkishpower
08-25-2007, 06:41 PM
How in the hell he is not on the same level of the centers listed?
Ok let's compare him to turkish best center Okur:
On defense you don't even need to compare them, Biedrins is by far better in every aspect (steals, rebounds, blocks, man defense, help defense). I was suprised when i saw Okur stats that he is only averaging 0.5 blks per game, some guards averages more... steals and blocks show you that he's extremly poor help defender.
Well, the offense is where i give slight edge to Okur, but Biedrins is better at catching passes and finishing around the rim. Okur get's a lot more touches, but his 46% from the field shows that he's basically living from his jumper and chucking up threes. Okur's just too soft to go inside and bang with the big boys. Biedrins on the other hand doesn't try to do too much, shooting significant 60% from the field (3rd place in the NBA). At the end it looks like the Only things that Okur's better than Biedrins is shooting and passing. In every other aspect Biedrins is better so I don't know how you can say that he's not on the same level as Biedrins.

On defense Biendris is better. But on offense Okur is better, not slightly, by a huge margin. Biendris is raw as hell on offense, where Okur is a 20ppg player in NBA and an all-star.
In overall, Okur wins easily.

matisvijs
08-25-2007, 06:55 PM
On defense Biendris is better. But on offense Okur is better, not slightly, by a huge margin. Biendris is raw as hell on offense, where Okur is a 20ppg player in NBA and an all-star.
In overall, Okur wins easily.
Yeah I agree that Okur's better on offense, Biedrins is just started to develope his jumper and post up game...
But how in overall does Okur wins this easly if Biedrins is better on every aspect on defence including rebounding? You say that Okur's better on offense by HUGE margin. Well let me smarten you up on something - Biedrins is better than Okur on defence by HUGE margin and that's margin even bigger than on offence.
Oh and last time I checked Okur's averaging 17 not 20 points per game.

turkishpower
08-25-2007, 07:05 PM
Yeah I agree that Okur's better on offense, Biedrins is just started to develope his jumper and post up game...
But how in overall does Okur wins this easly if Biedrins is better on every aspect on defence including rebounding? You say that Okur's better on offense by HUGE margin. Well let me smarten you up on something - Biedrins is better than Okur on defence by HUGE margin and that's margin even bigger than on offence.
Oh and last time I checked Okur's averaging 17 not 20 points per game.

Alright, go create a thread with a poll asking who's better now. Biendris or Okur? Let's see what others are thinking?

matisvijs
08-25-2007, 07:12 PM
you cant compare davis, jackson.. with Lebron (and hughes) near him, and look at the team results, ilgauskas would be even better player in GSW than he is at Cavs i think!
Ehm, Lebron's averaging around 26 and Hughes is an overpaid stud who can't even average 15ppg shooting awful % from the field.
And, no Ilgauskas wouldn't be better playing in GS because he would be too slow and unathletic for run'n'gun game that Warriors are playing. he just wouldn't fit in. He is most effective in slow-pace half court offence that Cleavlend is playing. And Cleavlend got to the finals because Eastern conference is significantly weaker than Western conference and Lebron was monster in playoffs(except finals where he struggled).

P.S. it would be good to see biedrinis vs kambala (in boxing and in basketball:D )
LOL, well I give an edge to Biedrins in basketball.
Man, but Kambala would beat the lights out of him in boxing.:eek:
He already won his first match in boxing by the way (Kambala not Biedrins off course):D .

matisvijs
08-25-2007, 07:21 PM
Alright, go create a thread with a poll asking who's better now. Biendris or Okur? Let's see what others are thinking?
I have a better idea. I'll create a poll in NBA related message board because posters there have seen both of them playing entire season. I can bet that 80% of posters here haven't seen more than 10 games with Biedrins in NBA so they just pick Okur because he's older, other's have seen him more and he's better known in Europe.

Joko Poljak Fan
08-25-2007, 09:51 PM
Don't you guys at least for a second question yourself: does it really matter?
Players have different roles in different teams, 3 years ago people would be outraged if someone mentioned Diaw is a better player than Radmanović... guess now (and it's not a matter of improvement&regression). Get them in teh same team and you'll be able to see who is a better player, otherwise you can just continue these NBAish talk as "Tracy or Kobe" that lead absolutely nowhere and are just a matter of some silly personal belief combined with nationality.

Markoishvili
08-26-2007, 02:06 AM
I think Gasol is hands down best european center at the moment. Than you have guys like Okur, Ilgauskas, Vujcic and Krstic, which depends on subjective view who you think is better. Biedrins has the potential to surpass everyone one of them, except Gasol, but is not quite there yet.

He has good hands and solid understanding of the game, so i think he will develop some kind of offense down the road. He is nice athelte, long, runs the court exceptionaly well and finishes nicely, but when you put the ball in his hands Andris cannot do much. He should also put some more pounds to hold his own on the low block in the NBA.

Afraid
08-26-2007, 09:47 AM
Don't you guys at least for a second question yourself: does it really matter?
Players have different roles in different teams, 3 years ago people would be outraged if someone mentioned Diaw is a better player than Radmanović... guess now (and it's not a matter of improvement&regression). Get them in teh same team and you'll be able to see who is a better player, otherwise you can just continue these NBAish talk as "Tracy or Kobe" that lead absolutely nowhere and are just a matter of some silly personal belief combined with nationality.
your post made me feel stupid:D :o

KokkinosVasilias
09-02-2007, 06:00 AM
The best center in europe in defence

Big Jake :D

Souljacker
09-02-2007, 10:28 AM
according to the PER rating: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Player_Efficiency_Rating)
1 Gasol 24.1
2 Okur 18.1
3 Ilgauskas 18.0
4 Biedris 16.2
5 Milicic 13.8
I'm not talking about European centers who play in Europe but It's clear to say Gasol is the best of these guys and he should have played in the allstare game.
Okur and Ilgauskas are about the same level. Biedris is still not there but considering his age: It could hapen.
Milicic is improving to slow.

FilWelsh
09-08-2007, 06:58 PM
No question. . . It's definitely Pau Gasol. . .

Sky7
09-08-2007, 09:18 PM
Pau gasol for sure in 1 place

the others is good question

but VUJCIC is in the top 5 :rolleyes:

MACEDONIAN
09-08-2007, 10:35 PM
No question. . . It's definitely Pau Gasol. . .

i agree with the guy with the great avatar...even if he would suggest lacovic as a great center my agreement would remain the same..

reignman
09-11-2007, 10:47 AM
Kostas Koufos will be no1 in less than 3 years.

manuginobili
10-11-2007, 12:18 PM
Of all the choices I've seen here, Gasol is definitely the best player.
He plays the center position, although he has the skills of a small forward.
I would, however, describe him as being a frontcourt player, since he can play all three frontcourt positions.
He's the prototype of the new center; i.e. a 7-footer who has the strength to work down low and who has the agility to operate on the perimeter.
Dirk Nowitzki would fit that image as well, although his on the block-skills are not that quick/effective as Gasol's. Nowitzki obviously is the better shooter.

Here's my list of current European top-centers:
Pau Gasol
Nenad Krstic
Andris Biedrins
Mehmet Okur

Definitely not on my list:
Ilgauskas (too soft)
Nesterovic (way too soft)
Milicic (Darko, you have TWO hands!)

Srle
10-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Boban Marjanovic and Dejan Musli in three years.

rikhardur
11-25-2008, 10:52 PM
How would it look now? :D Biedriņ and Peković are up there, Vujčić down low...

Khalid80
11-26-2008, 08:44 AM
How would it look now? :D Biedriņ and Peković are up there, Vujčić down low...

When this thread was created on 19/08/2007 (Approx 1 year and 3 months ago) Biedeins and Pekovic weren't even mentioned or considered amongst the list of candidates. This comes to show u how much both these players have improved since then. The strides that Biedrins has taken in the NBA since last season is tremendous (He had like 17 consecutive double doubles from the end of last season which ended like a week ago. He also is the current leader in the NBA with 13.5 rebounds right ahead of Dwight Howard). Biedrins still imo is considered as one of the most underrated players in the NBA.
I haven't seen Pekovic in action since I don't get any channels that show European Basketball or the Greek League but from what i'm hearing his performance with PAO his been great this season and he was one of the main reasons why PAO were able to beat Olympiakos last weekend.

Neozyrus
12-02-2008, 10:33 AM
Maybe a possible list ( there are some guys that play mostly as pf's but sometimes they have played as centers )

Pau Gasol - Spa - Los Angeles Lakers - 28 - 2.13
Zydrumas Ilgauskas - Lit - Cleveland Cavaliers - 33 - 2.18
Andris Biedrins - Lat - Golden State Warriors - 22 - 2.11
Radoslav Nesterovic - Slo - Indiana Pacers - 32 - 2.12
Mehmet Okur - Tur - Utah Jazz - 29 - 2.10
Marc Gasol - Spa - Memphis Grizzlies - 23 - 2.16
Nikola Pekovic - Mont - Panathinaikos - 22 - 2.10
Felipe Reyes - Spa - Real Madrid - 28 - 2.03
Kristof Lavrinovic - Lit - Montepaschi Siena - 29 - 2.10
Andrea Bargnani - Ita - Toronto Raptors - 23 - 2.13
Pops Mensah Bonsu - Gbr - Joventut -21 - 2.06
Giannis Bourousis - Gre - Olympiakos - 25 - 2.12
Erazem Lorbek - Slo - Cska - 24 - 2.10
Chris Kaman - Ger - Los Angeles Clippers - 26 - 2.13
Darko Milicic - Ser - Memphis Grizzlies - 23 - 2.12
Darius Songaila - Lit - Washington Wizards - 30 - 2.05
Zoran Erceg - Ser - Olympiakos - 23 - 2.12
Mirsad Turkhan - Tur - Fenerbashce Ulker - 32 - 2.06
Primoz Brezec - Slo - Lottomatica Roma - 29 - 2.16
Nenad Krstic - Ser - Triumph - 25 - 2.14
Robertas Javtokas - Lit - Dynamo Moscow - 28 - 2.11
Darjus Lavrinovic - Lit - Dynamo Moscow - 29 - 2.12
Nikola Vujcic - Cro - Olympiakos - 30 - 2.11
Fran Vazquez - Spa - Barcelona - 25 - 2.10
Zaza Pachulia - Geo - Atlanta hawks - 24 - 2.12
Kerem Gonlum - Tur - Efes pilsen - 31 - 2.08
Kosta Perovic - Ser - Pamesa - 23 - 2.17
Novica Velickovic - Ser - Partizan - 22 - 2.05
Marcej Lampe - Pol - Khimky - 24 - 2.10
Costas Tsartsaris - Gre - Panathinaikos - 29 - 2.10
Robert Archibald - Sco - Unicaja - 28 - 2.11
Ronny Turiaf - Fra - Golden State Warriors - 25 - 2.08
Predrag Samardziski - Mac - Fmp - 22 - 2.14
Mirza Begic - Slo - Olimpija - 23 - 2.18
Aleksey Savrasenko - Rus - Cska - 29 - 2.15
Tomas Van Der Spiegel - Bel - Azovmash - 30 - 2.14
Marko Banic - Cro - Bilbao - 24 - 2.04
M. Petravicius - Lit - Lietuvos - 29 - 2.08
Dragan Labovic - Ser - Fmp - 21 - 2.07
Joel Freeland - Gbr - Gran Canaria - 21 - 2.08
Sandro Nicevic - Cro - Benetton treviso - 32 - 2.10
Uros Slokar - Slo - Fortitudo Bolonia - 25 - 2.10
Ognen Askrabic - Bos - Triumph - 29 - 2.07
Vladan Vuckosaljevic - Ser - Hemofarm - 24 - 2.06
Petar Popovic - Ser - Estudiantes - 29 - 2.11
Kresimir Loncar - Cro - Unics Kazan - 25 - 2.10
Martin Rancik - Svk - Estudaintes - 30 - 2.04
Nikola Prkacin - Cro - Cibona Zagreb - 33 - 2.08
Joakim Noah - Fra - Chicago Bulls - 23 - 2.11
Kosta Koufos - Gre - Utah Jazz - 19 - 2.13
Jerome Moiso - Fra - Khimky - 30 - 2.08

mvblair
12-02-2008, 01:25 PM
Pau is obviously the best right now. He's on the best team in the NBA (which sucks, by the way, because I hate the Lakers...naturally). But Pau isn't really a pure center, right? He's in the tradition of the highly skilled big man.

Biedrins and Ilgauskas are next on the list, probably in that order. Biedrins has become a real beast on defense and he seems very efficient offensively. Next are Pekovic and Lavrinovic. Then Okur.