08-04-2007, 07:36 AM
Is this the final NT?

J-Mart
08-04-2007, 08:02 AM
some cuts still left :)
;) ;) ;)

sergioloro
08-04-2007, 03:51 PM
where is piculin ortiz??? you need it :)

Lio
08-04-2007, 04:42 PM
Sergio, Piculin is retired. He is a sports commentator now and wants to get into politics. We will have to deal without him. :(

asdzas
08-04-2007, 06:47 PM
Good team. But where is Guillermo Diaz and Cristian Dalmau? I think they could help this team a lot.

J-Mart
08-04-2007, 07:19 PM
well, Guillermo is acting very childish, he wants 25+ minutes and bla bla bla and we are really strong at that position so to hell with him

and Dalmau stinks ;)

LFGC79
08-07-2007, 02:44 PM
Point Guards
Carlos Arroyo
Jose Juan Barea
Filiberto Rivera
Miguel Ali Berdiel

Shooting Guards
Larry Ayuso
Rick Apodaca
Joel Jones

Small Forwards
Carmelo Antrone Lee
Angel "Buster" Figueroa
Alex Falcon

Power Forward
Ricky Sanchez
Angelo Reyes

Centers
Daniel Santiago
Peter John Ramos
Manuel Narvaez

some cuts still left :)

Narvaez is having back surgery, probably not ready in time for the ToA. Berdiel and Falcon out. That leaves 11, so i guess theyll take Valenzuela or Villafane. We need a third big body to take fouls specially when PJ and Danny get in early foul trouble in semis against Brazil ( quicker C/PF Splitter, Nene, Anderson).

LFGC79
08-07-2007, 05:07 PM
well, Guillermo is acting very childish, he wants 25+ minutes and bla bla bla and we are really strong at that position so to hell with him

and Dalmau stinks ;)

Dalmau only plays bad when he plays for the NT. Maybe for lack of minutes or lack of effort. I cant believe what GD is asking in order to play for the NT, it is ridiculous.
:mad:
Anyways hwe have more than enough people that can house him both offensively and defensively. He got some hops though.

alermac
08-08-2007, 04:09 AM
It looks like a sure semifinalist and possible finalist. Great scoring power at PG and the wings, but only Daniel Santiago is a proven top-level inside player on that team.

PRSURF
08-08-2007, 04:55 AM
It looks like a sure semifinalist and possible finalist. Great scoring power at PG and the wings, but only Daniel Santiago is a proven top-level inside player on that team.Angelo Reyes, Ricky Sanchez(latin nowitzki) and Peter are doing great in the tournament of the caribbean.:D

Waneko
08-08-2007, 07:32 PM
I'm excited to see them play. I think Danny Santiago is going to be better after a strong season for Unicaja.

By the way, does anyone know which television station is going to broadcast the games? I can't make it to Las Vegas this year so I need to watch the games on television.

LFGC79
08-10-2007, 06:31 PM
Against USA will be on a mayor network, ESPN, TNT or NBATV. Others possibly at ESPN Deportes, maybe WAPA America. AM radio stations that transmit live audio will be a good bet Tropical 1480am.

Waneko
08-15-2007, 08:11 PM
Against USA will be on a mayor network, ESPN, TNT or NBATV. Others possibly at ESPN Deportes, maybe WAPA America. AM radio stations that transmit live audio will be a good bet Tropical 1480am.

Thanks

It looks like NBA TV will show the majority of the games, even if on tape delay. I can't understand why if the NBA is trying to promote a global game why it doesn't prioritize a tournament like this and show the games live. It makes no sense to me.

So far, just looking at the TV guide, it seems that the first three games of the tournament will be shown live on NBA TV but the U.S. which plays last is being broadcast on a two hour tape delay so they can air some show that features the 96 U.S. Dream Team. Does that make sense or is it me?

Waneko
08-15-2007, 08:17 PM
I'm excited to see them play. I think Danny Santiago is going to be better after a strong season for Unicaja.

I read somewhere that Santiago announced he will not play for the national team so he can focus on "other aspects" of his basketball career. What is his problem? That is going to hurt Puerto Rico's chances. There is a serious drop-off in talent at the center position.

The Wizard
08-16-2007, 04:37 PM
I read somewhere that Santiago announced he will not play for the national team so he can focus on "other aspects" of his basketball career. What is his problem? That is going to hurt Puerto Rico's chances. There is a serious drop-off in talent at the center position.

You are correct...he anounced his retiement from international play. In other words, he does not want to play for Puerto Rico. The NT will have to rely on Peter and Angelo in the center position and Valenzuela and Luis Villafaņe will have to be developed. Villafaņe has potential, but need to add more muscle weight...plus he is a smart player...in two years he could really help..Valenzuela could help right now because of his size...

LFGC79
08-16-2007, 06:32 PM
You are correct...he anounced his retiement from international play. In other words, he does not want to play for Puerto Rico. The NT will have to rely on Peter and Angelo in the center position and Valenzuela and Luis Villafaņe will have to be developed. Villafaņe has potential, but need to add more muscle weight...plus he is a smart player...in two years he could really help..Valenzuela could help right now because of his size...

He does not want to play for Manolo Cintron. Since 2004 rumor have been that something happend between danny, and former NT and Ponce Lions players eddie casiano boby joe hatton and the assistant coach ( at that time the head coach for the Lions, Manolo Cintron, now head coach). Many expeculated that he would not play for him. They were right.

The most concerning aspect is that PJ Ramos is a compulsive fouler. I hope he can control that. Too bad for Narvaez who is injured. Valenzuela need to play more.

Waneko
08-16-2007, 06:39 PM
He does not want to play for Manolo Cintron. Since 2004 rumor have been that something happend between danny, and former NT and Ponce Lions players eddie casiano boby joe hatton and the assistant coach ( at that time the head coach for the Lions, Manolo Cintron, now head coach). Many expeculated that he would not play for him. They were right.

The most concerning aspect is that PJ Ramos is a compulsive fouler. I hope he can control that. Too bad for Narvaez who is injured. Valenzuela need to play more.

Whatever happened between them must have been pretty bad, otherwise it looks real petty. Puerto Rico is better off with Ramos on the bench. Angelo Reyes may be smaller but he is better all around player than Ramos who is not even a low post threat and can't block shots or rebound very well.

LFGC79
08-18-2007, 08:33 PM
Whatever happened between them must have been pretty bad, otherwise it looks real petty. Puerto Rico is better off with Ramos on the bench. Angelo Reyes may be smaller but he is better all around player than Ramos who is not even a low post threat and can't block shots or rebound very well.

Apparently Santiago gave a hard pick to Casiano, he fell to the floor and had some words with Santiago and started to get ugly, Manolo and BJ Hatton got involved. This is the part I am sure of.

Later some people said that what really happened after that was that manolo and BJ were trying to hold him/grab him (santiago) down to give Casiano a chance to hit him.
Sound possible but i am not sure if it is 100% accurate.

BTW I think that Manolo is going to be out soon, sooner than any of his predecessors. The team does not have any plays and looks extremely disorganized. Although I give him credit of getting some new players involved and getting rid of puruco, fajardo, hatton and dalmau (although the last two had said they would not play for the NT anymore after the WC2006). They should get rid of vilella who is a white collar thief.

Individual offense is not the way to go. Morales will come back soon.