Celtics get Kevin Garnett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celtics get Kevin Garnett

Following up on this post: NOw the Celtics have Paul Pierce, Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett. Talk about a big three. This is probably the biggest signing of superstars since Karl Malone and Payton went to LA to join Shaq and Kobe.

The Celtics lost some great potential in Al Jefferson and Gerald Green in order to be successful now.

How do you think they'll do? One thing is for certain, they need to really need a good point -- good thing they got rid of Sebastian Telfair, he wasn't really a distributing guard. And I don't know how Rajon Rondo is going to do at the point.
    Stuart
    http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
    http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
    http://www.interbasket.net

Wow the eastern conference are now loaded. Boston became an instant contender. Celtic Pride is back
    PRO DEO ET PATRIA (in the service of God and Country)

Comment

I guess Paul Pierce is now happy
      sigpic

Comment

Its funny how things work out. After they got that 5th pick everyone in Boston was so down, now they are easily the favorites to take the east.

KG has the type of body that will allow him to dominate for at least another 3-4 years and with Pierce slashing and Allen shooting theyre gonna be deadly. Danny Ainge played this one beautifully, Billy King should pay him for lessons.

Comment

Thats awesome... they're certainly a contender for the upcoming season

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stuart
            Following up on this post: NOw the Celtics have Paul Pierce, Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett. Talk about a big three. This is probably the biggest signing of superstars since Karl Malone and Payton went to LA to join Shaq and Kobe.

The Celtics lost some great potential in Al Jefferson and Gerald Green in order to be successful now.

How do you think they'll do? One thing is for certain, they need to really need a good point -- good thing they got rid of Sebastian Telfair, he wasn't really a distributing guard. And I don't know how Rajon Rondo is going to do at the point.
            Stuart
            Wow!!! The Celtics back in performance during Larry Bird's era

Comment

whoa whoa whoa, let's hold off on crowning them kings of the east, the new celtic glory days are not back.

First off, Allen and Pierce have some injury history, and both of them are past 30.

2nd, the next 4 best players on the celtics roster right now are Rajon Rondo, Tony Allen Kendrick Perkins, and Glen Davis. Probably one of if not the worst 4-7 in the league....hardly anything to be confident in.

And the celtics completely mortgaged their future for this.....they're giving up 2 first rounders, and their 3 best young players to get this deal done. I'm not saying they shouldn't have done it, but they payed dearly.

Also, there's very little left to get in free agency, and it's not like the Celtics have any assets to use in a trade.

This puts the Celtics up there in the conversation for top 3-5 in the East, along with Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago, and Miami, but don't forget Toronto or Washington.
              Last edited by mavs128; 07-31-2007, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Good talk mavs128

Cant say jack until the season comes...looks like they wont have any problems scoring, but the winning ...?
                "...I got the hand that will rock your craddle / cream you like cheese spread you on my bagel..." - Shaq

Comment

Originally posted by mavs128
                  whoa whoa whoa, let's hold off on crowning them kings of the east, the new celtic glory days are not back.

First off, Allen and Pierce have some injury history, and both of them are past 30.

2nd, the next 4 best players on the celtics roster right now are Rajon Rondo, Kendrick Perkins, and Glen Davis. Probably one of if not the worst 4-7 in the league....hardly anything to be confident in.

And the celtics completely mortgaged their future for this.....they're giving up 2 first rounders, and their 3 best young players to get this deal done. I'm not saying they shouldn't have done it, but they payed dearly.

Also, there's very little left to get in free agency, and it's not like the Celtics have any assets to use in a trade.

This puts the Celtics up there in the conversation for top 3-5 in the East, along with Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago, and Miami, but don't forget Toronto or Washington.
                  Agree with this. It looks great on paper, but who knows how all three will gell, expect them to come out of the gate terribly as they get adjusted to each other, and actually getting their groove 20 games in. Paul Pierce and Ray Allen don't just have the excuse to jack up shots anymore with each other on their sides, as well as KG. I am not concerned with the other two starters because Perkins are Rondo serviceable NBA players and will do what they need to do as . What I am concerned with is the depth of the Celtic's bench.

Stuart

Comment

Originally posted by stuart
                    Agree with this. It looks great on paper, but who knows how all three will gell, expect them to come out of the gate terribly as they get adjusted to each other, and actually getting their groove 20 games in. Paul Pierce and Ray Allen don't just have the excuse to jack up shots anymore with each other on their sides, as well as KG. I am not concerned with the other two starters because Perkins are Rondo serviceable NBA players and will do what they need to do as . What I am concerned with is the depth of the Celtic's bench.

Stuart
                    I'd call Rondo and Perkins serviceable NBA backups, not starters. If the Celts are able to bring in Brevin Knight or Earl Boykins (the only 2 PGs left in FA worth getting), and maybe Jamaal Magloire (really the only center left), then I'll start to feel differently. As it is, they're as thin as paper.

Comment

Well according to the final deal, Boston gets to keep Green and Tony Allen, who had been rumoured to be going to Minnesota. If Green can take the next step in his game and T. Allen can keep his head on straight, it will help the Celtics depth.

Comment

Originally posted by mavs128
                        I'd call Rondo and Perkins serviceable NBA backups, not starters. If the Celts are able to bring in Brevin Knight or Earl Boykins (the only 2 PGs left in FA worth getting), and maybe Jamaal Magloire (really the only center left), then I'll start to feel differently. As it is, they're as thin as paper.
                        I subscribe to the thought that when you play with better players, your game rises. I believe that would be the case with Perkins and Rondo (the latter has already showed a lot of promise last year). I do agree that signing Boykins or (preferably for the Celtics) Brevin Knight would be an upgrade.

Stuart

Comment

heh im all in for the celtics to instantly become a title contender in the east. Man was i shocked to hear the news KG in a Boston uniform??

Go celtics!

Comment

with danny ainge and kevin mchale taking their (last) shots...

the LEPRECHAUN has finally casted its spell *whoa*

%^)

*go K-e-l-t-i-K-s*

Comment

uhmmm
                              i think with the line-up of twolves.. they will be a force to wercon with in the futre..
                              but for now the young guns needs to showcase their stuff this season..

new starting line up

blount
                              jeferson
                              green
                              davis
                              telfair
                              #parasabayan
                              #GoGilas

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information