This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quotient system

Could somebody please elucidate to me how to compute the quotient. If we win our 2 games agaist China and Jordan and end up 2-1 with Iran and JHordan, what are the chances that we get eliminated. In that scenario, we lost to Iran, and if Iran lost to Jordan and we win agaist Jordan , could it be we have a higher quotient cuz we won over jordan that beat iran? Sounds complicated isn't it? In other words, all we need is to win and not worry about the quotients?

I hope iran wins over jordan today.So our game agaist Jordan will be a knockout match. Cuz i got a bad feeling that some of these team might connive to boot out RP team.

Originally posted by sajubeads
    Could somebody please elucidate to me how to compute the quotient. If we win our 2 games agaist China and Jordan and end up 2-1 with Iran and JHordan, what are the chances that we get eliminated. In that scenario, we lost to Iran, and if Iran lost to Jordan and we win agaist Jordan , could it be we have a higher quotient cuz we won over jordan that beat iran? Sounds complicated isn't it? In other words, all we need is to win and not worry about the quotients?

I hope iran wins over jordan today.So our game agaist Jordan will be a knockout match. Cuz i got a bad feeling that some of these team might connive to boot out RP team.
    we must win first our game against china today. period.

Comment

bro sajubeads, its easier to calculate our chances once we know the result today, primary requirement would be is to beat China 1st. Whatever happens though, our fate is still in our hands.

Comment

Originally posted by splitzapper
        bro sajubeads, its easier to calculate our chances once we know the result today, primary requirement would be is to beat China 1st. Whatever happens though, our fate is still in our hands.
        YES mathematics comes only second to basketball .

Comment

Thanks bro... all i want to know is that our fate is in our hands, not in the fuckin quotient where we are at the mercy of conniving Arabs

Comment

^^Im also worrying about that "connivance" thing especially with the way we almost beat the iranians yesterday.

Well yes, we must win against China today, then jordan tomorrow. If we can do that. The best thing is that Iran wins twice or Iran loses twice. That should be the best thing, of course, after beating both china and jordan first.
            Please visit -->THE IGNORED GENIUS

Comment

Thanks bro... all i want to know is that our fate is in our hands, not in the fuckin quotient where we are at the mercy of conniving Arabs
              dude, obviuosly we all want to win but this is unfair to our arab friends. we lost yesterday, and the arabs did not connive about that.

Comment

Originally posted by arnoldt
                we must win first our game against china today. period.
                amen to that!

performance first before any assumptions

I hate those "What-ifs"..
                It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
                I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

My apologies to our Arab brothers, sorry for the rather derogatory remarks. Anyway, im just wary of the quotient system. But pff course, RP shoild be the one to make its own fortune. Blow out Chian and Jordan if they can.

Comment

don't worry bro.
                    as soon as the result comes out today, i'll try to post all possible permutations.

Take my word for it, we must beat China first, then our fate is still within our control.

Comment

my scenario

Phil wins against china and jordan
                      Iran wins against china and loss to jordan
                      JOrdan wins against Iran and loss to Phil
                      china loss both to Phil and Iran

standing will be

Phil 2-1 (no1 by virtue of winner over the other rule)see below
                      JOrdan 2-1
                      Iran 2-1
                      China 0-3

the possibility of illimination even we win the next two games is very possible. The only way to avoid that is to win big against JOrdan. Bigger by 6 say by 7points to offset the negative 6 (loss to iran) so we have +1 (7-6) and a "BLOW OUT" GAME between JOrdan and iran say by at least 7 points so JOrdan will be 0 (7-7) iran will be -1(6-7) and since score against CHINA are not counted only teams that are tied are computed for quotient jordan big win against china does not matter.

or....

if we win by at least 1 point agains jordan that is -5 (1-6)
                      and jordan win by at least 1 point against iran 0 (1-1)
                      Iran will be +5 (6-1)

iran and JOrdan will qualify

so Jordan should win against iran by at least 12 points the will be +1(12-1)
                      iran will be -6 (6-12)

JOrdan and Phil will qualify

so the key here is to WIN BIG against JORDAN....

or to make it easier is for iran to loss or win both of its games against china and JOrdan....

hope my math and anlysis is correct di ba BARBIE?
                      “When you have teammates just as talented as you, it’s kind of weird to get all the attention.”
                      “I have to be more assertive—I have take more control at crunch time.”

-- SUE BIRD--

Comment

So how about that we won just five points against CHINA do we have a chance still?

Comment

Originally posted by eitra
                          So how about that we won just five points against CHINA do we have a chance still?
                          if the assumption of china losing 3 then games against china is not computed. even we won by a blow out or 5 or 1 it does not matter only those games between iran, jordan, and phi since they will have identical 2-1.
                          thats it if jordan win against iran and loss to phi 2m.
                          “When you have teammates just as talented as you, it’s kind of weird to get all the attention.”

-- SUE BIRD--

Comment

Meloy, if Iran win today, its a do or die tomorrow. Now if Jordan beats Iran by 1 and we win by 1 tomorrow, will we still be eliminated ?

Comment

Meloy, if Iran win today, its a do or die tomorrow. Now if Jordan beats Iran by 1 and we win by 1 tomorrow, will we still be eliminated ?
                              YES Because IR Iran will have +5 quotient (6-1)
                              JOrdan will have 0 quotient (1-1)
                              Phil will have -5 (1-6)

so the idea here is to beat jordan by wide margin. or iran loss to jordan by wide margin.

-- SUE BIRD--

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information