Call me a GENIUS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call me a GENIUS!!!

WTF, why blame the fans / Geniuses if RP team loss. The reason why you practice is for you to be confident come game time. And remember, these players are professionals who should have ice in their veins. They are not 17-18 yr. old guys who experience rookie jitters.

It's Chot's Reyes fault. They should have played in Europe or in South America instead of the Jones Cup. We were scouted by the Iranians. Besides anpther factor for the listless performance of the RP boys was the late announcement of the lineup. Our players should be already mentally prepared already at least 1 wk before the games, but the lineup was only release 1 day before the game. It definitely affected the mental state of the players.
    Chot also should calm done his players and should have made some adjustments. Why only do the full court press in ther fourth quarter. The press i think is one of our secret weapon. And there was no play whatsover. it was all one on one play. Coach Adiljan is right, RP team , no team work.

The inclusion of Ritualo and perhaps Helterbrand could be another mistake of Chot. You can see that Ritualo has difficulty in shooting when range against tall timbers. And during crucial situations, he didn't even touched the ball. Natakot yata humawak ng bola ang kamador? Helterbrand , could be our lead pointguard had 4 turnover in the first half and had that elementary turover with a minute left with Iran leading by 1.

Coach Chot, stop the long rhetorics. Be a man enough to stand by your decisions and accept your faults. You should talked , the talk and not just all talk.

Even if we win our last 2 games, there is still the risk of being eliminated thru quotient. That loss yesterday was simply costly.

o sige.......GENIUS!........ happy?

Comment

whatever happens... we really can't cry over spilled milk.

well you're right bro, why blame the people who put pressure on the team when they themselves created the hype to live up the pressure, the SMC-Team Pilipinas marketed the team from day 1 after the lifting of the FIBA Ban as an Olympic-bound team and the one who will regain the lost glory of RP basketball in Asia, that itself sets the pressure. the fans didn't knew it alone, it came from the horse's mouth, not ours.

we'll get used to it bro, and soon enough RP NT will get used to it too, its their 1st ever serious FIBA Asia campaign and hopefully it will not end from here on. if they fail, ok lng, blessing in disguise, it will make them strive more and I do believe that RP NT has a bright future with the basketball development being pursued by the SBP. well, sana lang e mabilis yun development ng program natin dahil talagang iwan na iwan na tayo kumpara sa iba.

translation:
      RP is left behind in terms of long-term basketball program
      It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
      I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

Originally posted by sajubeads
        WTF, why blame the fans / Geniuses if RP team loss. The reason why you practice is for you to be confident come game time. And remember, these players are professionals who should have ice in their veins. They are not 17-18 yr. old guys who experience rookie jitters.

It's Chot's Reyes fault. They should have played in Europe or in South America instead of the Jones Cup. We were scouted by the Iranians. Besides another factor for the listless performance of the RP boys was the late announcement of the lineup. Our players should be already mentally prepared already at least 1 wk before the games, but the lineup was only release 1 day before the game. It definitely affected the mental state of the players.
        Chot also should calm done his players and should have made some adjustments. Why only do the full court press in ther fourth quarter. The press i think is one of our secret weapon. And there was no play whatsover. it was all one on one play. Coach Adiljan is right, RP team , no team work.

The inclusion of Ritualo and perhaps Helterbrand could be another mistake of Chot. You can see that Ritualo has difficulty in shooting when range against tall timbers. And during crucial situations, he didn't even touched the ball. Natakot yata humawak ng bola ang kamador? Helterbrand , could be our lead pointguard had 4 turnover in the first half and had that elementary turover with a minute left with Iran leading by 1.

Coach Chot, stop the long rhetorics. Be a man enough to stand by your decisions and accept your faults. You should talked , the talk and not just all talk.

Even if we win our last 2 games, there is still the risk of being eliminated thru quotient. That loss yesterday was simply costly.
        this guy has a point for being a filipino as a blood and citizen and as a taxpayer but dude its not yet over. Save your horses and negative thoughts after the tournament. they maybe playing basketball as profession but they are not use to these kind of tournament (everyday game, every game is critical ) give our players a break its not easy for their part they are carrying the load of almost 90 million filipinos and filipinos all over the world. You take their slot and tell me how it feels
        PRO DEO ET PATRIA (in the service of God and Country)

Comment

RP won over China 79-74
          PRO DEO ET PATRIA (in the service of God and Country)

Comment

It's Chot's Reyes fault. They should have played in Europe or in South America instead of the Jones Cup. We were scouted by the Iranians. Besides anpther factor for the listless performance of the RP boys was the late announcement of the lineup. Our players should be already mentally prepared already at least 1 wk before the games, but the lineup was only release 1 day before the game. It definitely affected the mental state of the players.

ok bro...youre a genius and the smartest kind of bird...hehehe

Comment

The bird with a brain of a genius. Peace. I think the Iran loss is a blessing in disguise. The RP team players would use this as an inspiration to work harder.
              "Life is like chess; an art and a struggle."

Comment

Now the genius is wrong, win no. 2 will catapult us to the 2nd round

Comment

GENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGE NIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENI USGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUS GENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGE NIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENI USGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUS GENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGE NIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENI USGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUS GENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGE NIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENI USGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUS GENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGE NIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENI USGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUS GENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGE NIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENI USGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUSGENIUS...

hes very happy now...
                  NEW ORLEANS HORNETS 2008

Comment

Genius Idea?? yeah..I think it should have been better if James Yap was selected over Ren-Ren...if ren-ren can't make a single point in the tournament and RP crashes out...well...we all know what will happen...

Comment

Hey Genius

Do you really think the roster was madeup on a whim? Aside from Chot, a management group chose the players after a long methodical deliberation. Remember that because of the irresponsible BAP - this team should have been together for 3 years per Chots plan. Bacause of the ban - these guys have been together since March only.

And yes exactly - these guys are pros - do you really think they would play bad becasue they found out of their inclusion last minute???

Oh would you pay to send this team to Europe? Did we not also see how they played? Go back to your barangay and play your coach fantasies there. TRY TO COACH - you wont even get your barangay to win. I just hate guys who are quick to blame - WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR YOUR COUNTRY?

Comment

Team Chemistry

I had a comments on Coach Chot.. He forced his starter players were started ice cold.. Against the Iranian National squad they shot 17% FG from 1st to 3rd quarter with Danny Seigle, Alapag, Caguioa, Norwood and Taulava had more minutes... Danny Seigle getting injured again, Caguioa's fouled out and Taulava's minor injured and then throwing their garbage to second units were observed playing and conceived they're on fire in peremptory in regulation with Raymundo, Rennisi, Helterbrand positioning at SG, Kelly Williams. Jimmy Alapags too late on fire. Why Kelly Williams didn't play more extra minutes he's really aggresive help in rebounds offensive inside and defense? A jittered Gabe Norwood. Kerby Raymundo's fighting in the paint. From trailing by 15 and then the second unit conceived came back to 1. After many starters were out and before came back from in to big deficit, Jimmy Alapag and second units guys were talking for advice and strategy intructions how effective. Coach Chot Reyes didn't thinking how effective their game... Motivation is a must. Coach Ron Jacobs knows about how effective their players during the game. He said "The players doing to win the game, coach is a loser"

Comment

well, of course we are not the one to be blamed, we're just fans. we are not like ref's who could change the course of the game by simply posting comments, hehehe... are you playing basketball bro, team work means making the team work, including role players. even the best team ever built to dominate the world needs role players for the team to work. hindi pwedeng lahat kasing HENYO mo... hehehe.... otherwise team will self distruct. chot reyes gave his best shot in forming the team, the last minute player line up is more of psy-war thing, probably it is know before at hand on whos' who. in view of ren ren versus james, if james is in good fit i know he's the one to be choosen, chot is reserving ren ren for something good, maybe later in the game versus jordan.... hehehe, if there is one thing that chot should concentrate most is in fielding the player, but still he's in command. In a sense we have the toughest team in the FIBA, the only thing is for us to be comfortable and believe in the fact that we are here to dominate, we are here to win..... looking forward in beijing.... high HOPES pinoy!!!!!

Comment

* I wasn't able to watch the RP vs. Jordan game, I hope to be able to watch it later when RPN replays it, hopefully on a weekend, or around 10:00 pm on a weekday.

* The problem I feel w/ some Pinoy fans, is that they watch the PBA a lot, then get carried away by all the glamour & hype, that they tend to lose objectivity about where exactly our players stand when it comes to the international level. These are most of the time fans who rarely, if ever, got to watch the RP National team in action in international competitions.

* Aggravating that, is the fact that a lot of people are making a good living out of basketball, hence the urgency & mentality to tend to overhype the league & the players to try to get people to be excited watching it, & thus get more patronage from the fans.

* The PBA itself has a tendency to cultivate such glamour & hype, since it is good for the league in the short run.

* The problem w/ this is, though, is that when the RP National Team goes out & faces REALITY in major international competitions. When the team starts losing, the fans suddenly have trouble accepting that there are better players & better teams out there who can beat the players they idolize. So what happens next? What happens, is BLAMESTORMING.

'Easy Errors'

* The fans end up blaming something, or someone, that can be EASILY corrected. They can't blame the player's lack of natural size for it, though, since that would be difficult to correct. On the other hand, if you blame somebody (the Coach and/or the Players), or something ("individualistic" plays, etc.), then that is sort of okay, since if ONLY we corrected that, then we would've won.

* Hence, for this Jordan game, for example. The blame comes in many forms: Caguioa & Seigle committed too many turnovers (as if the game ended right after those turnovers & we could never recover); Or our "individualistic" plays, as if Rasheem Wright played team ball all 40 minutes against us; Or that Chot should've brought Yap, or Ranidel, or Thoss, or Sonny Cabatu.

* So many IFs: If only we, "... tried harder"; If only DS & Caguoia were never fielded in the game; If only Renren played more minutes; If only Taulava wore his left shoe first instead of his right shoe before the start of the game; If my Aunt had balls, she'd be my Uncle.

'Hope'

* We blame the "easy" errors, because it gives us the illusion of HOPE. Hope that if only we corrected this minor mistake, things would've gone better. Hope, or optimism, is generally good. But on the other hand, the need to sacrifice somebody is a by product of that kind of hope. Worst still, is that it is a FALSE kind of hope. Every international competition out there where we lose, there will always be easy errors, there will always be ifs, & there will always be scapegoats.

* All I can say, is simply we need to face up to reality. We are not no. 1 in Asia anymore. Or no. 2. Or no. 3. Or no. 4. Basketball has grown, & spread to countries which are much more gifted physically than we are. When that happens, a good big team, will MOST of the time beat a good small team.

* It's sad, & will likely drive away fans, but that's reality. The alternative, is for us to end up deluding ourselves, & sacrificing other people in the name of propping up false hopes.
                            Last edited by rhk111; 07-30-2007, 02:58 PM.
                            Philippine Football News on Facebook

rhk111's Military and Arms Page

Comment

I agree with you, the PBA system is the defective one. I think PBA should adopt a rule, more than 5 dribbles in the offensive court is turnover. Or better they disband.

Originally posted by rhk111
                              * I wasn't able to watch the RP vs. Jordan game, I hope to be able to watch it later when RPN replays it, hopefully on a weekend, or around 10:00 pm on a weekday.

* The problem I feel w/ some Pinoy fans, is that they watch the PBA a lot, then get carried away by all the glamour & hype, that they tend to lose objectivity about where exactly our players stand when it comes to the international level. These are most of the time fans who rarely, if ever, got to watch the RP National team in action in international competitions.

* Aggravating that, is the fact that a lot of people are making a good living out of basketball, hence the urgency & mentality to tend to overhype the league & the players to try to get people to be excited watching it, & thus get more patronage from the fans.

* The PBA itself has a tendency to cultivate such glamour & hype, since it is good for the league in the short run.

* The problem w/ this is, though, is that when the RP National Team goes out & faces REALITY in major international competitions. When the team starts losing, the fans suddenly have trouble accepting that there are better players & better teams out there who can beat the players they idolize. So what happens next? What happens, is BLAMESTORMING.

'Easy Errors'

* The fans end up blaming something, or someone, that can be EASILY corrected. They can't blame the player's lack of natural size for it, though, since that would be difficult to correct. On the other hand, if you blame somebody (the Coach and/or the Players), or something ("individualistic" plays, etc.), then that is sort of okay, since if ONLY we corrected that, then we would've won.

* Hence, for this Jordan game, for example. The blame comes in many forms: Caguioa & Seigle committed too many turnovers (as if the game ended right after those turnovers & we could never recover); Or our "individualistic" plays, as if Rasheem Wright played team ball all 40 minutes against us; Or that Chot should've brought Yap, or Ranidel, or Thoss, or Sonny Cabatu.

* So many "easy" IFs: If only we, "... tried harder". If only DS & Caguoia were never fielded in the game. If only Renren played more minutes. If only Taulava wore his left shoe first instead of his right shoe before the start of the game. So many "ifs". If my Aunt had balls, she'd be my Uncle.

'Hope'

* We blame the "easy" errors, but it gives us the illusion of HOPE. Hope that if only we corrected this minor mistake, things would've gone better. Hope, or optimism, is generally good. But on the other hand, the need to sacrifice somebody is a by product of that kind of hope. Worst still, is that it is a FALSE kind of hope. Every international competition out there where we lose, there will always be easy errors, there will always be ifs, & there will always be scapegoats.

* All I can say, is simply we need to face up to reality. We are not no. 1 in Asia anymore. Or no. 2. Or no. 3. Or no. 4. Basketball has grown, & spread to countries which are much more gifted physically than we are. When that happens, a good big team, will MOST of the time beat a good small team.

* It's sad, & will likely drive away fans, but that's reality. The alternative, is for us to end up deluding ourselves, & sacrificing other people in the name of propping up false hopes.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information