Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aris Bc Salonika

ARIS BC Thessaloniki

Aris Sports Club is a Greek sport club that premiered on the 25th of March 1914 in Thessaloniki and was destined to become one of the biggest and most historic teams of the country. The emblem of the team is the god of war resting, always on guard to fight if necessary. The colors of the team are yellow and black, reminiscent of Byzantium, where Thessaloniki has always been the second most important city of the Empire. Aris has captured 3 league titles and 1 Cup in Soccer and 10 league titles, 8 Cups and 3 European Cup titles in basketball. Also have 4 league titles in waterpolo, 1 league title(1997) and 1 Super Cup(1998) in volleyball). The jersey color is yellow and black. The club is named after Ares, the god of war, whose image is portrayed on the club logo. The football team plays at Kleanthis Vikelides Stadium which was renovated during the 2004 Summer Olympics,whereas the basketball in Alexandreio Melathron.

History

First Steps
    The club was established by a group of young friends in a pub in Thessaloniki on March 1914, being one of the first in Greece. In the beginning it was based near Galerius Arch but after the accession of two minor football clubs in 1919 and 1921 the club's base was moved near Flemming Street. The first stadium was built were today lays Mars Field Park in Stratou Avenue. Quickly it became very popular and soon new departments apart football were established. The Basketball department was formed in 1922. In 1923 it was the first Greek club that played an international match against Sporting Club of Serbia. In 1925 in a famous match Aris won 5-2 his biggest rival PAOK, who wanted to use the same jersey colours. The Greek football championship was first organised in 1928 and Aris was the first team that became champion. Up to then, there were 3 local championships in Thessaloniki, in Athens and in Piraeus, with the team having 12 local championship titles. The successes in the 30' continued, not only in one department, but also in basketball with the 1930 champion's title and in water polo.

Basketball squad

Guards
    4 Terrel Castle Age:33
    7 Savvas Kaberides Age:27
    8 Corey Brewer Age:30
    12 Nikolai Padius Age:25
    16 Nikolaos Orfanos Age:23

Forwards
    5 Georgios Sigalas Age:34
    9 Dimitrios Charitopoulos Age:22
    10 Antonios Asimakopoulos Age:29
    11 Mike Wilkinson Age:24
    13 Panagiotis Karavanas Age:20

Centers
    14 Ryan Stack Age:30
    15 Alexander Koul Age:30

Famous basketball players who played for Aris
    Nick Galis (Nikos Galis)
    Panagiotis Giannakis
    Giannis Ioannidis
    Giorgos Filippou
    Giorgos Sigalas
    Stojan Vrankovic
    Mike Wilkinson
    Zarko Paspalj

Titles and successes

Basketball (21x)
    Greek basketball Cup Cups (8x) 1985,1987,1988,1989,1990,1992,1998,2004 Runner up 1984,2003,2005
    A1 Ethniki Championships (10x) 1930,1979,1983,1985,1986,1987,1988,1989,1990,1991 Runner up 1980,1984
    FIBA Champion's Cup (1x) 2003
    FIBA Korac Cup (1x) 1997
    FIBA European Cup (1x) 1993
    BC Aris has played 283 international games and reached 3 times in FIBA European Championship Final Four 1988,1989,1990

Most popular fan clubs are: Super3, Ierolohites.
    Last edited by geopapas; 05-30-2006, 04:01 PM.

Aris

Hi,bro...
    I've Known You From The Metropolis Forum...
    Keep Up The Good Work...
    Aris Super-3-
    21 Titles...
    Millions Of Dedicated Fans...
    The Amazing Past...
    The Optimistic Today...
    The Unbelievable Future...
    Aris The Emperor...
    ARIS THE EMPEROR...

Our dreams...

Your nightmares...

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK...

ARIS SUPER-3-

Comment

Very interesting thread, with some useful info about the club, but I would like you to keep only the basketball related info and drop the football/other info as it is mostly irrelevant here (for example the roster of the football squad).

I have done a superficial "clean-up" of the text (it was full of [edit] fields) but you may wish to edit it yourself and keep the relevant info only.
      Last edited by Juan Carlos Nadal; 05-30-2006, 12:23 PM.
      The Euroleague Organization and Mr Bertomeu are like the Bulgarian Government: corrupt, partially stupid, and a huge underestimator of people's intelligence.

Comment

Yeah,

Nicely said Matiz
        Sexuality when one reaches their 30s is either mainstream or sick, but no matter what, it isn't pure

Comment

Nice Going Mate We Will All Be Here To Spread The Idea Of Aris

Comment

Originally posted by princeps_69
            Nice Going Mate We Will All Be Here To Spread The Idea Of Aris
            THANKS...
            BELIEVE ME IT IS WORTH IT...
            IF YOU 'D LIKE TO VISIT Pale de Spor AND WATCH AN ARIS' MATCH (IF YOU EVER VISIT THESSALONIKI) I WOULD BE MORE THAN WILLING TO HELP YOU GET A TICKET AND INFORM YOU FURTHER...
            ARIS THE EMPEROR...

Our dreams...

Your nightmares...

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK...

ARIS SUPER-3-

Comment

Originally posted by wardjdim
              Yeah,

Nicely said Matiz

I see that Matiz's avatar and my avatar confuse more people than just NaF
              The Euroleague Organization and Mr Bertomeu are like the Bulgarian Government: corrupt, partially stupid, and a huge underestimator of people's intelligence.

Comment

Originally posted by Juan Carlos Nadal
                I see that Matiz's avatar and my avatar confuse more people than just NaF
                Jeez!
                Nicely said JCN then...
                Sexuality when one reaches their 30s is either mainstream or sick, but no matter what, it isn't pure

Comment

Great Geo

One Of The Best Teams In Europe
                  (for Me The Best)
                  With The Best Fans All Around

Great Atmosphere At Pale

All Of You Are Welcome To An Aris Match To Watch The Greatest Fans

Aris-yellow God Of War

Comment

Haha...
                    Relax people. We will visit

Comment

very nice work for our favorite team..
                      keep up the good work..

ARIS is the bigger basketball team in Greece. and with the most fans of cource..

ARIS Super 3 Racing Team

Comment

Originally posted by DarK_HumOuR
                        very nice work for our favorite team..
                        keep up the good work..

ARIS is the bigger basketball team in Greece. and with the most fans of cource..

Guys, I appreciate your passion for you team but keep it real. Not even Philip makes statements like that

Try to write something useful instead of writting exaggerated words of worship for you team.

Comment

hi my friend
                          is the real truth..
                          Aris is first team in tickets in Greece, many years ago.
                          ussually we have in every game 4000 - 5000 fans
                          we have also the bigger rate per season
                          and of cource we have the most basketball keen supporters. i remind you that in sarlerois before one month in the uleb final, we are almost 5500 fans..

this number the other teams can't reach even in their homes..

you can see it..

p.s. sorry for my bad english..
                          ARIS Super 3 Racing Team

Comment

Of course Dark Humour. Most people here are familiar with the fans of Aris and their eternal dedication to their basketball team, with tons of respect to speak for myself. However statements like :

"Millions Of Dedicated Fans..."

"ARIS is the bigger basketball team in Greece."
                            are slightly exaggerated and misleading IMO.

I presume that this sudden influx of Aris fans here is the result of the posting of the IBN's address in some greek message board (metropolis I hear?). You guys are all welcome to join us and share your thoughts with the big community we got here. However, I would like you to know that this is not a fan forum and therefore hardcore fan behaviours are going to be frowned upon.

Let's talk basketball. I understand that this is a "dead" period (eurocps over, most domestic leagues at their very end, and with the Japan World Cup months away) but let's not go off topic.

Comment

I wonder about the results of ARIS - Maroussi previous games, during this, and even last seasons, what are realistic expectations, who is going to win (I mean objective predictions, betting?...)
                              As I understad there will be a fight for a 3rd spot in Euroleague. It must a real fight on a court!
                              And also, please paste the schedule of the games. Will they be online (www.etv.gr, or other sources, better? )? Or can someone share them to download in near future?

Cause here, in Lithuania, basketball season has ended, and I really want to wach some basketball! With it's passion! Of course football world cup is incomming, but still, bbl rules!

thnx in advance
                              2nd in IBN EuroBasket 2011 Prediction!
                              2nd in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction!
                              MVP in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction! # Correct W-L: re5pectas (59)
                              All-Tornament Team in IBN EuroBasket 2015 Prediction! Perfect score: re5pectas (7)
                              All-Tornament Team in IBN World Cup 2019 Prediction! Perfect score: re5pectas (5)
                              2nd in IBN Olympic 2020 Predicion! Perfect score: re5pectas (2) Within 8: re5pectas (8) # Correct W-L: re5pectas (23)

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information