Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

China sports authorities criticize Yao for later arrival for NT training.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China sports authorities criticize Yao for later arrival for NT training.

Unbelievable...

China's Sports Federation Sharply Critical Of Yao
    July 18, 2007 - 9:52 am
    ESPN -
    China's official sports association has issued an unprecedented public criticism of Yao Ming for reporting late to national team training, according to a report issued by the Associated Press.

The Houston Rockets ' star was faulted for taking too much time off to recover from his last NBA season. The government's All-China Sports Federation also said he spent too much time planning his wedding and making appearances for the Special Olympics and 2008 Beijing Olympic Games.

"No matter how lofty public welfare activities are, they can't be allowed to take first place in a player's life,'' the China Sports Daily, a federation-owned newspaper, said in an article appearing Tuesday.

"No matter how sweet personal life is, it can't be compared to the exultation of capturing glory for one's nation,'' the article said.

Chinese Web sites later said Yao reported for national teaming training on Wednesday.

The article quoted Li Yuanwei, the national basketball center director, as saying the team's Olympic preparations were built around their major star. Li said he hoped Yao would join the team later this month in the Stankovic Cup.

"Without Yao Ming, a warmup competition is far less valuable,'' the article said.
    ----------------------------------------
    The guy has dealt with injuries this year and is getting married and all the sports authorities in China can do is moan because he showed up later for national team training. It's not like China has to qualify this year for the Olympics - they are automatically in as the hosts. Just be glad he comes back to play at all if you're going to have this kind of attitude about his personal life.

I'll be the first one to say players should always be available to the NT when possible, but this is pathetic...
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur
      I'll be the first one to say players should always be available to the NT when possible, but this is pathetic...

you know if he was a foreigner h would have gotten the "let me tell you about our 5,000 yr old civilization/philsophy debate/argument"

i get this every now and then when i talk to my chinese friends.

and can you please provide a link, im not doubting you, just would like to read some more of it.

yes its pathetic. yao is like an inspiration to that team and that country, for some loser to criticize him, gees i can only think that the guy never had a day in his life like yao ming;s work ethics and busy work load
      "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by BBallfanJ
        all the sports authorities in China can do is moan
        Since when can an article in a newspaper be taken as the "sports authority"?

I have read the article, and who is representing "sports authority"? It is simply a columnist's opinion, and will have zil effects on Yao Ming whatsoever.

I don't agree with the author, but different opinions is what China needs. All the American media can do is give stories a spin to fit their stereotypes. Now that's pathetic.
        aim low, score high

Comment

Oh man common its pathetic, Yao is a human being too he's not a robot for God's sake give him a break. If I were the Chinese Basketball Authority president I'll give him a break this summer, since China is already had a seat in the Olympics. It doesn't make any sense
          Last edited by rycorpz; 07-18-2007, 06:30 PM.
          PRO DEO ET PATRIA (in the service of God and Country)

Comment

According to an article on sohu.com, Yao Ming defended himself against charges ("I'm only 27 years old, and this is already my 10th year with the NT.... My past history in the NT speaks for itself.") He also said "Anyone has the right to an opinion ...But I don't think people should care too much about things like that (what media says), after all, everybody shares the same goal, and this is the 2008 Olympics."

Yao did report to the NT yesterday, but he's training all by himself (with personal trainer Anthony Falsone). He's not expected to play in the Stankovic Cup and will likely miss the European games. Yao's role this summer is just to take part in light practice sessions with the team.
            Last edited by sinobball; 07-18-2007, 06:46 PM.
            aim low, score high

Comment

Originally posted by BBallfanJ
              Unbelievable...

China's Sports Federation Sharply Critical Of Yao
              July 18, 2007 - 9:52 am
              ESPN -
              China's official sports association has issued an unprecedented public criticism of Yao Ming for reporting late to national team training, according to a report issued by the Associated Press.

The Houston Rockets ' star was faulted for taking too much time off to recover from his last NBA season. The government's All-China Sports Federation also said he spent too much time planning his wedding and making appearances for the Special Olympics and 2008 Beijing Olympic Games.

"No matter how lofty public welfare activities are, they can't be allowed to take first place in a player's life,'' the China Sports Daily, a federation-owned newspaper, said in an article appearing Tuesday.

"No matter how sweet personal life is, it can't be compared to the exultation of capturing glory for one's nation,'' the article said.

Chinese Web sites later said Yao reported for national teaming training on Wednesday.

The article quoted Li Yuanwei, the national basketball center director, as saying the team's Olympic preparations were built around their major star. Li said he hoped Yao would join the team later this month in the Stankovic Cup.

"Without Yao Ming, a warmup competition is far less valuable,'' the article said.
              ----------------------------------------
              The guy has dealt with injuries this year and is getting married and all the sports authorities in China can do is moan because he showed up later for national team training. It's not like China has to qualify this year for the Olympics - they are automatically in as the hosts. Just be glad he comes back to play at all if you're going to have this kind of attitude about his personal life.

I hope Yao won't do a Wang and stop playing for The "nobody can beat us in Asia" Chinese Team!

With Yao China is something, without him??!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by appimo
                I hope Yao won't do a Wang and stop playing for The "nobody can beat us in Asia" Chinese Team!

With Yao China is something, without him??!!!!!!!
                You are pathetic. With Yao Ming, China Beat you PBA allstar team by 40 points. Without Yao ming, China Beat you PBA allstar team by 60 points. That is FACT.

Comment

With a stable income from salary for playing with Houston Rockets, and commercial endorsements, Yao's probably thinking of settling down and marry his girlfriend....and have many babies!!!
                  SMART GILAS: all the way

Comment

I think its good for China if Yao Ming get a little break this year and by next year, he will be fresh for the Olympic Games... and as soon as the NBA season finish, then its time for him to rejoin the Chinese national team and beat the shit out of the rest of Asia... unless they wanna tour Europe and gain/learn something from it...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jiefangjun
                      You are pathetic. With Yao Ming, China Beat you PBA allstar team by 40 points. Without Yao ming, China Beat you PBA allstar team by 60 points. That is FACT.

ang pikon laging talo...

trans: please calm yourself...
                      Impossible is Nothing!!!

Comment

Your basketball officials are too arrogant and for your own good, I hope they'll wake-up!

You might have 1 or let's say because I'm generous today 3 NBA players!
                        What the hell you might have a whole team playing in the NBA!

It doesn't guarantee you anything, still with all your best players and technological advances you claimed you have in the game of basketball. Your best record was that you finished fifth, SOMEWHERE!

Wake-up even the mighty USA is having a hard time winning lately!
                        And they have 12 NBA superstars in their line-up!

Until now, the only place you could win and get medal in a basketball competition is here in Asia!

You might have beaten us by 40 points in the past but that's the past!

You finished fifth somewhere in the past, we finished 3rd Somewhere!
                        We don't dwell on the past but do you?!

Your really are arrogant, you lull in existence that nobody here in Asia could beat you.

Sending Your so called B team for FIBA Championship , is nothing but stupid arrogance!
                        Hey, Mighty"JOEYOUNG" Chinese Team, you're not unbeatable!

You finished FOURTH!
                        Behind your lowly Asian Neighbor in the recent Manila Invitational.

You might claimed anything but the truth is, you're becoming too complacent!
                        That's good, so the rest of Asia would start beating you and find -out that your really not that good as advertised.

Just Tall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't believed too much in your own advertisement!

Chinese Basketball is just a
                        YAO MING show!
                        Last edited by appimo; 07-19-2007, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Your basketball officials are too arrogant and for your own good, I hope they'll wake-up!

You might have 1 or let's say because I'm generous today 3 NBA players!
                          What the hell you might have a whole team playing in the NBA!

It doesn't guarantee you anything, still with all your best players and technological advances you claimed you have in the game of basketball. Your best record was that you finished fifth, SOMEWHERE!

Wake-up even the mighty USA is having a hard time winning lately!
                          And they have 12 NBA superstars in their line-up!

Until now, the only place you could win and get medal in a basketball competition is here in Asia!

You might have beaten by 40 points in the past
                          but that's the past!

You finished fifth somewhere in the past, we finished 3rd Somewhere!
                          We don't dwell on the past but do you?!

Your really are arrogant, you lull in existence that nobody here in Asia could beat you.

Sending Your so called B team for FIBA Championship , is nothing but stupid arrogance!
                          Hey, Mighty"JOEYOUNG" Chinese Team, you're not unbeatable!

You finished FOURTH!
                          Behind your lowly Asian Neighbor in the recent Manila Invitational.

You might claimed anything but the truth is, you're becoming too complacent!
                          That's good, so the rest of Asia would start beating you and find -out that your really not that good as advertised.

Just Tall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't believed too much in your own advertisement!

Chinese Basketball is just a
                          YAO MING show!
                          LOL. that's all your pea size brain can produce, you pathetic loser. Belittling China and using extra excalmatory marks can not change the FACT.

this word is for you:
                          ang pikon laging talo...

Comment

LOL. that's all your pea size brain can produce, you pathetic loser. Belittling China and using extra excalmatory marks can not change the FACT.

this word is for you:
                            ang pikon laging talo...

Ha-ha!

Poor Chinese, Stop eating food with cardboard on it!
                            You can't think straight.

Yeah I know the truth hurts but what can you do.

Comment

Ha-ha!

Poor Chinese, Stop eating food with cardboard on it!
                              You can't think straight.

Yeah I know the truth hurts but what can you do.
                              you want to hear truth? You beloved pba "all star" team just lost to china B team on your own soil. You are the loser AS ALWAYS.
                              还是去做fei yong这份很有前途的职业吧。
                              trans: you better do sth else

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information