NBA Scouts at FIBA Asian Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Scouts at FIBA Asian Championships

Through the years NBA is going global, now, with some NBA teams now using the Asian Talents its possible that they will look into this tournament to scout for some new asian prospects who is capable playing for NBA. Talents like El Khatib, Madanly, Alapag, etc. should show their talents while these scouts are looking after them.
    ________
    Roor bongs
    Last edited by thugpinoy; 03-11-2011, 12:23 AM.
    Practice makes perfect, but nobody's perfect, so why practice?

Originally posted by thugpinoy
    Through the years NBA is going global, now, with some NBA teams now using the Asian Talents its possible that they will look into this tournament to scout for some new asian prospects who is capable playing for NBA. Talents like El Khatib, Madanly, Alapag, etc. should show their talents while these scouts are looking after them.
    No man i doubt those players even Fadi el khatib still have the chance to play in the NBA but i think this player(Anton ponomarev) can be scouted by the NBA's manager.
    Proud to be Lebanese
    www.arabasket.com

Comment

What these scouts are looking for are young, talented players with a lot of promise and among Asian cagers. I think Daniab is right, only Anton 'Borat' Ponomarev from Kazakhstan will meet these criteria. . .

Comment

Norwood's arrival in Asia should have a reason.. he could be a scout's material when he do good in the FIBA Asia. he is decently noticed in USA, since his George Mason University reached the NCAA final 4, but he was only a 6th man there, here in Asia, he could be more.

*may his papers be ready soon enough
        It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
        I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

How about Jimmy Alapag, he is small but with a big heart! If Magsi Booges (pls. correct my spealing) and Earl Boykins make it to the NBA, why not Jimmy Alapag.

Comment

alapag is already in his 30's
            thats why

but, sarunas jasikevicius of lithuania was 29 i think when he was invited in the nba

but again, sarunas was playing back then in a high-level of competition in europe and in the olympics

Comment

Originally posted by viperbravo
              How about Jimmy Alapag, he is small but with a big heart! If Magsi Booges (pls. correct my spealing) and Earl Boykins make it to the NBA, why not Jimmy Alapag.
              given on what we've seen as basis, it looks like Jimmy is better than Boykins... but on the other hand, given the level of tournament they are playing, Boykins has the upperhand... that's why making to the Olympics will not only make history but it will also tests our players speed and skills against better and bigger opponents... who knows, Jimmy might schooled all the other PG in the Olympics...hehehe
              so even if we can't win a game, scouts will have good impression on him!
              Impossible is Nothing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychopath
                alapag is already in his 30's
                thats why

but, sarunas jasikevicius of lithuania was 29 i think when he was invited in the nba

but again, sarunas was playing back then in a high-level of competition in europe and in the olympics
                Alapag is only 28 i think...
                Impossible is Nothing!!!

Comment

Fil-Am NBA scout, which is also now a Japan Super League Head Coach, Hernando Planells, will be there

Comment

Originally posted by FilWelsh
                    What these scouts are looking for are young, talented players with a lot of promise and among Asian cagers. I think Daniab is right, only Anton 'Borat' Ponomarev from Kazakhstan will meet these criteria. . .
                    Another prospect would be the very shifty 6-9 Forward Yi Li from China. Can shoot the three, handle the ball real well, can drive to the basket...and gets more fouls. hehehe
                    SMART GILAS: all the way

Comment

Originally posted by apiSigbinz
                      Alapag is only 28 i think...
                      he's born 1977
                      and i think helterbrand is also in his 30's

not a lot of years left for these great RP pointguards

next to alapag and helterbrand, i cant think of anbody else ready to receive the torch from these two

not cortez haha
                      not now for him

Comment

Originally posted by psychopath
                        he's born 1977
                        and i think helterbrand is also in his 30's

not a lot of years left for these great RP pointguards

next to alapag and helterbrand, i cant think of anbody else ready to receive the torch from these two

not cortez haha
                        not now for him
                        if that's the case then i think there's no chance that Jimmy can play in the NBA... hehehe maybe Norwood is ready to accept the torch... but isn't it too early to pass on to him... Alapag still have few years left on him...
                        Impossible is Nothing!!!

Comment

young talented players are given a chance to go to the NBA. admit it, china has the factor. but, some players of quatar or jordan have chances. for the phil. players, i think it's just a dream to play although we have chances.
                          YOU MAKE ME FEEL SO BAD...

Comment

not all global nba players are young when they first played in the nba. arvydas sabonis and bateer menk played even they are quite old for a rookie. our not so old talented asian players have a chance. who knows maybe one of your favorite asian player would suit up in an NBA jersey.
                            ________
                            Csi: Miami Advice
                            Last edited by thugpinoy; 03-11-2011, 12:26 AM.
                            Practice makes perfect, but nobody's perfect, so why practice?

Comment

Originally posted by jovani_pineda
                              young talented players are given a chance to go to the NBA. admit it, china has the factor. but, some players of quatar or jordan have chances. for the phil. players, i think it's just a dream to play although we have chances.
                              a few years from now, I think Philippines will have an NBA player. . . RP is the largest basketball playing country that still has no NBA player, imagine 90 million Filipinos = 0 NBA player. . . Whereas other basketball crazy countries such as Lithuania (3.5 million) and Serbia (10 million) has 5 and 8 NBA players respectively in 2006 -07 NBA rosters . . . Commercial wise it is advantageous for the NBA to have a Filipino NBA player so as to capture the 90 million potential customers of NBA products. . . If I am the NBA commissioner I would not hesitate to make a move to influence NBA team owners to recruit the 1st Filipino NBA player. . . They already did it with Japan when Phoenix Suns invited Yuta Tabuse. . . What do you think why they do it? is it because Tabuse is exceptional player? I don't think so, there's a lot of players in the States or Asia who are better than Tabuse. They did it because of business, to expand the visibility of NBA in Japan and capture the Japanese market known for its high expenditures of jerseys and other sports merchandise. . . and NBA video games (NBA Live, which features Tabuse in its Japanese edition)

And who do you think is better player between Tabuse and RP's Norwood? The answer is obvious. . .

I believe if RP will win Tokushima battle and Norwood will deliver. . . It would not be farfetched that Filipinos will see their FIRST (NORWOOD, though not full blooded but still a Filipino who play in their national team) in NBA next season . . .
                              Last edited by FilWelsh; 07-16-2007, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information