Teams who will give RP NT a hard fight at the FIBA Asia Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teams who will give RP NT a hard fight at the FIBA Asia Championships

Jordan is the only team to beat in Group A, China is a project team, while Iran needs more luck and prayers to beat RP NT.
    If RP goes through Group A, the game against Lebanon would be tough thats why a we need a full team effort, Korea and Kazakhstan team would be a dangerous opponent too.
    ________
    Silver surfer vaporizer
    Last edited by thugpinoy; 03-11-2011, 12:22 AM.
    Practice makes perfect, but nobody's perfect, so why practice?

S.korea:Bcz they play like u (fast,great 3pts,fastbreaks...)
    Lebanon:All the games between leb vs Rp was very close till the last second.
    Jordan:the death game will be in asian champ so it would be a hard fight .
    Proud to be Lebanese
    www.arabasket.com

Comment

July 30.The Game between RP and Jordan.looks like nobody will be outside their home in the Philippines during this Game..
      ________
      Honda WOW specifications
      Last edited by thugpinoy; 03-11-2011, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by thugpinoy
        July 30.The Game between RP and Jordan.looks like nobody will be outside their home in the Philippines during this Game..
        All asian games bro !! nobody will be outside their home even in Lebanon during the games.
        Proud to be Lebanese
        www.arabasket.com

Comment

After poor showing of China B in Manila Invitational, expect some reinforcements from their Team A. . . there are 21 players in their Team A pool, 17 of them were on the recent Summer League in Las Vegas, while the other 4 (including Yao Ming) for some reasons (resting,injuries) stayed in China. With the thrashing of his young wards in Manila, I think Team B coach Adiljan will ask some reinforcements drawn from Team A players' final cut for Stankovic Cup. . . Granting that their Lithuanian coach Kazlauskas will make a 14 man squad, that leaves 7 players who will or might be added to their Team B. . . I believe China remains a team to be feared of and will give RP a hard fight.. .

Comment

Originally posted by FilWelsh
            After poor showing of China B in Manila Invitational, expect some reinforcements from their Team A. . . there are 21 players in their Team A pool, 17 of them were on the recent Summer League in Las Vegas, while the other 4 (including Yao Ming) for some reasons (resting,injuries) stayed in China. With the thrashing of his young wards in Manila, I think Team B coach Adiljan will ask some reinforcements drawn from Team A players' final cut for Stankovic Cup. . . Granting that their Lithuanian coach Kazlauskas will make a 14 man squad, that leaves 7 players who will or might be added to their Team B. . . I believe China remains a team to be feared of and will give RP a hard fight.. .
            but i think they are trying to keep the team intact as much as possible because this is a project team, they are trying to expose this young talents into different international competitions, for their future. and besides win or lose China is a shoo-in in the Olympics. so this boys will try to get the experience they need.
            ________
            Land rover series specifications
            Last edited by thugpinoy; 03-11-2011, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by thugpinoy
              yes, no basketball fanatics will be outside their home as they will flock on their TV's. . .However, I ask my Filipino friends here in UK if basketball is really big in RP. . . Their response is however contrary to what I learned from our fellow Filipino forumers here in interbasket, yes it is big thing but not as big as watching telenovelas which is the pasttime of many Filipinos men and women alike. . . TV audience surveys shows basketball matches even as significant as the FIBA championships still lagged behind these telenovelas. . . A majority of Filipinos would know characters of telenovelas but a only handful knows the players of their national team. . .Moreover, majority of Filipino men are more passionate with cockfighting than basketball, they said in RP you could easily fill up a cockpit arena than a basketball stadium. . . This is according to my Filipino friends here in UK. . .

Comment

yes, no basketball fanatics will be outside their home as they will flock on their TV's. . .However, I ask my Filipino friends here in UK if basketball is really big in RP. . . Their response is however contrary to what I learned from our fellow Filipino forumers here in interbasket, yes it is big thing but not as big as watching telenovelas which is the pasttime of many Filipinos men and women alike. . . TV audience surveys shows basketball matches even as significant as the FIBA championships still lagged behind these telenovelas. . . A majority of Filipinos would know characters of telenovelas but a only handful knows the players of their national team. . .Moreover, majority of Filipino men are more passionate with cockfighting than basketball, they said in RP you could easily fill up a cockpit arena than a basketball stadium. . . This is according to my Filipino friends here in UK. . .
                Maybe your friends didn't grew up in the Philippines or it was only told by their joking relatives.
                if we are talking about the TV ratings of the Professional League in the Philippines, maybe alot of Filipinos only knows the popular players, like married to a celebrity or a handsome player, compared to the telenovela actors. but come and go in every streets in the Philippines you'll see a Basketball Court blocking the driveway or even a small half court ring inside the yard. and the cockfighting afficionados are for those old peoples whom are trying their luck in gambling. and cockpit arena is free for all people who wants to watch and bet while in the basketball game, you need to buy a ticket before you can watch it live and the cockpit arena is just 1/2 of a Basketball Stadium thats why it can be easily fill up people. i can say that Basketball is still the Number 1 sport in the Philippines despite having World Champions in other sports like Billiards, Boxing, Bowling etc.
                ________
                Semon knudsen
                Last edited by thugpinoy; 03-11-2011, 12:25 AM.

Comment

China, Jordan, Lebanon and South Korea. China scares because they are like South Korea but with more polish. The have a consistent inside-outside game and are bigger than South Korea. Jordan because of Rashim Wright and their big men. Lebanon because of El Khatib and Vogel. El Khatib and Vogel are beasts. South Korea because of their 3pt shooting and they shoot their foul shots well. I wonder what shooting technique they are using.
                  "Life is like chess; an art and a struggle."

Comment

RP should focus on Jordan...
                    NEW ORLEANS HORNETS 2008

Comment

Focus to all of them.. remember 1998... we focused too much to beat China and then Korea humiliated the Centennials... and we ended up with bronze medal

sigpic

Comment

Iran Is Better than Jordan Tadjiok did not play in rp in jones cup they are bigger and better
                        To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                        1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Originally posted by reamily
                          Iran Is Better than Jordan Tadjiok did not play in rp in jones cup they are bigger and better
                          Japan should also be a threat now that JR Henderson already got his naturalization papers and will play for Japan in the FIBA Championships....an added boost for the host team.
                          SMART GILAS: all the way

Comment

Agree. China's automatic entry in the olympics does not mean they'll just send a team that'll get beat up in japan. Team Pilipinas better bring their A game or they might not even win a single game.

Comment

Originally posted by Four Rings
                              Agree. China's automatic entry in the olympics does not mean they'll just send a team that'll get beat up in japan. Team Pilipinas better bring their A game or they might not even win a single game.
                              totally agree...consider each game a do or die game....
                              SMART GILAS: all the way

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information