PDA

View Full Version : Group D (Korea, Hong Kong, Syria, Chinese Taipei)

saints13
07-15-2007, 02:26 PM
main Asian Championship thread (score updates from Kings) (http://forums.interbasket.net/showthread.php?t=3370)

Preliminary Round
Group D

July 28
Syria vs. Chinese Taipei
South Korea vs. Hongkong of China

July 29
Hongkong of China vs. Syria
Chinese Taipei vs. South Korea

July 30
Chinese Taipei vs. Hongkong of China
Syria vs. South Korea

JET007
07-15-2007, 02:28 PM
SoKor!!!

Hehehe...i voted hong kong...:D

saints13
07-15-2007, 02:42 PM
I voted for Syria.. if the games get physical..and soon enough they'll manage to make the Sokors and Taiwanese get some serious injuries..LOL

seriously, this bracket is bound for South Korea and Chinese Taipei to dominate, Syria will be the dark and ugly horse :D

JET007
07-15-2007, 02:49 PM
I voted for Syria.. if the games get physical..and soon enough they'll manage to make the Sokors and Taiwanese get some serious injuries..LOL

seriously, this bracket is bound for South Korea and Chinese Taipei to dominate, Syria will be the dark and ugly horse :D
:D
very ugly...

jay26
07-15-2007, 02:52 PM
south korea...

daniab
07-15-2007, 03:09 PM
Syria... just for Michel Maadelni.

apiSigbinz
07-15-2007, 03:39 PM
Syria played well in Manila Invitational... i'll expect them to upset these two smaller teams...

manu_bol
07-15-2007, 03:42 PM
Syria played well in Manila Invitational... i'll expect them to upset these two smaller teams...

yup, i agree...

korea is weak against physical teams
CT is streaky... if 3-pt shots don't fall, they're in trouble...

daniab
07-15-2007, 03:45 PM
Syria have a lot of good players like Michel Maadeli, Hekmat haddad,Sharif Sharif and the 3 bra/Syr players,it would be nice for syria if they beat S.korea and Chinese taipei.
The last game btw Syria vs S.korea was in 2001 when S.korea beat syria by 1 pt.

FilWelsh
07-15-2007, 10:24 PM
I think Korea would top this group followed by Syria

psychopath
07-16-2007, 04:52 AM
i hope this is where the philippines is bracketed
lol

igorotski
07-16-2007, 08:08 AM
with the addition of kim joo sung, i guess the story will change.

South Korea's gonna take this. it will still be tough for them tho.

rycorpz
07-16-2007, 05:08 PM
Interesting what will be the line-up of Hong Kong (do they have mainland chinese imports?)? But still it will be exciting to see 3 teams (SoKors, Taiwan and Syria) up for grabs in this group.

Projectspeed
07-16-2007, 05:10 PM
South Korea still:D

lrangels
07-17-2007, 03:32 PM
This group is certainly will go in favor of South Korea. Although, the exciting part is the battle for 2nd between Syria and Chinese-Taipei.

;)

sinobball
07-19-2007, 06:44 PM
Hong Kong beat Taiwan's SBL champion Taiwan Beer 100-91 yesterday in the Xiamen Invitational which also featured a team from Macau and China's Fujian Sturgeons.

Taiwan Beer is missing their star Lin Chih Chieh (to their NT) but had many other key players. Hong Kong was led by their star Poon Chi Ho (who had played in China's CBA as well as Taiwan's CBA) with 33 pts. The 2 teams fired 34 three pointers altogether.

bristron
07-20-2007, 12:35 PM
Nade Nakdali of the Syria Basketball Association said after the draw in Japan: "I think that the (Group D) competition will be between three teams and Korea will be favourites to top the group.

"The second position will be between Chinese Taipei and Syria who will fight for the second place while Hong Kong could be the weakest link in the group."
Nakdali says neither he, nor the players, can wait for the tournament to begin.

by fiba news..

I wish our NT play not so hard in Group D games, cuz our goal is 1st place.

saints13
07-23-2007, 05:11 AM
South Korea's national basketball team is seeking an appearance in the Olympics after 12 years.

The 12-player South Korean team, led by manager Choi Boo-young, will participate in the 24th Asia Championship for Men in Tokushima, Japan and compete for the only ticket assigned to the Asian region to the 2008 Beijing Olympics.

The championship will be held from July 28 to August 5.

South Korea, which hasn't made an appearance in the world games since the Atlanta Olympics in 1996, are drawn into Group D with Hong Kong, Syria and Taiwan.

As host China is promoted automatically into the finals, South Korea is expected to face-off with other favorites like Jordan, Philippines, Syria, Kazakhstan, Taiwan, Japan, Qatar, Lebanon and Iran to become the other Asian qualifier.

``The players are well prepared for the championship. Since the professional league kicked off, Korean basketball has faded in Asia. To stop its slide, every player has become determined,'' said manager Choi at the Inaugural meeting Friday.

Ahead of the Asia Championship, South Korean team tested its players at the William Jones Cup in Taiwan earlier this month.

At the competition, the South Korean team, troubled by key players, Hyun Joo-yup of the LG Sakers, Bang Sung-yoon of the SK Knights, posted a record of 5-4 to place 5th.

The South Korean team under a generational shift is trying to revive its reputation as Asia's No. 2 behind China.

South Korea ranked fourth in the championships in 2005 and fifth at the Doha Asian Games last year.

To return to its old form, the South Korean team is required to solidify their inside play.

South Korea has depended on three-pointers and a heavy offense through the Jones Cup.

When playing against the tall Middle East countries, they opened up the paint zone too easily and were sold on outside shooting despite having big men with good height.

It is a relief that veteran Kim Joo-Sung (205-C-79) is activated from an injury, which prevented him from showing off his skills at the Toronto Raptors' free agent camp.

If Kim and Ha Seung-jin can build a double-post and Kim Min-soo and Lee Dong-joon live up to their expectations, South Korea will have a competitive post.

The other trouble South Korea is all-rounder Lee Kyu-sup's breakaway.

The Samsung Thunders swingman showed solid performances at the Jones Cup but his thigh injury is preventing him from playing in the preliminary round.

As Lee's replacement, manager Choi added inexperienced collegiate player Yoon Ho-young.

To fill the absence, forward Kim Dong-woo and Yang Hee-jong are expected to be alternated.

``I know people worry about the team after the Jones Cup but Kim Joo-sung did not play in most of the games and a few people also suffered injuries. By facing Asian teams at the tournament, we gained confidence. As every player is motivated to make it to the Olympics, we will be able to claim the berth,'' captain and point guard Shin Ki-sung said.

bolabasket
07-23-2007, 06:14 AM
It's Korea and Syria....

jvandread
07-25-2007, 03:51 AM
Bad news for chinese taipei their center tsun wen-din might not play for the Taiwan NT due to injury

_________

Another bad news for Taiwan NT, which will head for Tokushima, Japan for the 2007 Asian Championship. Starting center Tsun Wen-Din (203-C-84) is questionable for the tournament because of a right-knee injury, United Daily News reported. Losing two big men, Taiwan NT is now down to only one big man who's over 6-7 -- Wu Dai-hao -- in its entire roster.

Taiwan NT had already lost another designated starter Tien Lei, who had injuries in his hands and knees.

This was obviously not a good news for the team, which will face Syria in the opening game in Tokushima. And I doubt that Tsun's spot will be replaced by head coach Cheng Kwong Hee because it's still possible that Tsun will suit up.

Tsun sustained the injury in a game vs. the Philippines in the Jones Cup and hasn't practiced with the team since the tournament concluded two weeks ago.

Taiwan is scheduled to meet Syria on July 28, Korea on July 29 and Hong Kong on July 30 in the preliminary round. The game vs. Syria will be the most important one if it wants to advance to the quarterfinal.

asia-basket.com

saints13
07-25-2007, 08:38 AM
that Syria vs. Taiwan is a crucial one, if Taiwan loses its 1st assignment, there will be a big pressure going against Korea,

rycorpz
07-25-2007, 09:02 AM
Bad news for chinese taipei their center tsun wen-din might not play for the Taiwan NT due to injury

_________

Another bad news for Taiwan NT, which will head for Tokushima, Japan for the 2007 Asian Championship. Starting center Tsun Wen-Din (203-C-84) is questionable for the tournament because of a right-knee injury, United Daily News reported. Losing two big men, Taiwan NT is now down to only one big man who's over 6-7 -- Wu Dai-hao -- in its entire roster.

Taiwan NT had already lost another designated starter Tien Lei, who had injuries in his hands and knees.

This was obviously not a good news for the team, which will face Syria in the opening game in Tokushima. And I doubt that Tsun's spot will be replaced by head coach Cheng Kwong Hee because it's still possible that Tsun will suit up.

Tsun sustained the injury in a game vs. the Philippines in the Jones Cup and hasn't practiced with the team since the tournament concluded two weeks ago.

Taiwan is scheduled to meet Syria on July 28, Korea on July 29 and Hong Kong on July 30 in the preliminary round. The game vs. Syria will be the most important one if it wants to advance to the quarterfinal.

asia-basket.com
bad break he shouldn't been played in that game against our team

thelebanon
07-25-2007, 02:06 PM
no syriaaaaaaaa

go KOREAAA

saints13
07-26-2007, 01:56 AM
good news for Syria and Korea!!! :D Taiwan's NT is getting depleted as the days go by..LOLZ

blanchmire
07-26-2007, 05:53 AM
What do you mean? Lee Dong joon is replaced? But why? His performanced in the recently held Jones Cup is great....!

blanchmire
07-26-2007, 05:55 AM
South Korea.....!!!!!!

igorotski
07-26-2007, 08:28 AM
Hong Kong!!!

lol

bolabasket
07-26-2007, 08:31 AM
What do you mean? Lee Dong joon is replaced? But why? His performanced in the recently held Jones Cup is great....!
It's the other Lee....Lee Kyu Seup.... Lee Dong Jun a.k.a. Daniel Sandrin is in Korean NT

meloy
07-26-2007, 03:30 PM
SoKor!!!

Hehehe...i voted hong kong...:D
hehehehe me too i voted for hongkong... wala lang ma iba lang.
para lang magkaroon ng votes hehehehe:eek: :eek:

saints13
07-26-2007, 08:25 PM
It's Korea and Syria....

the way I see things as of now..I second the motion..my vote is for Korea and Syria

Mr.100%
07-28-2007, 03:57 AM
Korea just manhandled Hong Kong to the tune of 107 - 67

daniab
07-28-2007, 05:28 AM
Chinese taipei vs Syria 40-43

3rd quarter: 7 mins to go

HammerJack
07-28-2007, 06:11 AM
Congrats Chinese Taipei win over Syria 90 -66

b3lowzro
07-28-2007, 01:06 PM
Congrats Chinese Taipei win over Syria 90 -66

whoa they massacred Syria??? We won barely 10 points over them, grabe i was hoping a really good fight from Syria
________
ARIZONA MARIJUANA DISPENSARY (http://arizona.dispensaries.org/)

Mr.100%
07-29-2007, 01:24 AM
syria is again down this time against hong kong 82-67 early in the 4th ...

igorotski
07-29-2007, 03:10 AM
what the hell is going on with syria?

igorotski
07-29-2007, 03:10 AM
lol. is this another group of death?

ceedee
07-29-2007, 07:37 AM
with Korea winning over Taiwan, Syria has officially booted out from the tournament. what a sad ending for a team who recruited brasyrian players only to lose shockingly to lightweight Hongkong.

saints13
07-29-2007, 04:15 PM
Hong Kong vs. Taipei tommorow is a deciding game too :D

daniab
07-29-2007, 05:15 PM
Hong Kong vs. Taipei tommorow is a deciding game too :D

Go hong kong :D

budz17
07-29-2007, 06:08 PM
oh my goodness

this is the real underdog here!!!

GO HONG KONG!!!

drick_009
07-29-2007, 11:20 PM
coz they beat some great team's out there!

coz Ha is an nba player a 7.3 monster center!

Ha is buck's player so i know they can survive that bracket!!!:)

bolabasket
07-30-2007, 01:47 AM
the 2 remaining Brassyrians were not in the final roster for Syria....without them, they're easy pickings