Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marco Belinelli Scores 37 in summer league debut!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marco Belinelli Scores 37 in summer league debut!

I hope I can see this game some how!!! I hope this means his game will
    translate well to the NBA.

Comment

But he will comepete in Eurobasket, will he? Beacuse he's playing SL...
      "It's not about four guys working to get one player open and give the ball to him."- Ettore Messina

Sanchez, Ginobili, Basile, Kukoc, Sabonis

Comment

If hes playing in the summer leage dosn't it seem more likely
        hes coming to the NBA this year? Rudy Fernandez is most
        likely staying in europe and I belive he isn't playing in the summer
        league.

Comment

Wow. He outdid Greg Oden and Kevin Durant combined. The GS system is perfect for Belinelli. Nellie is good for Belinelli.
          "Life is like chess; an art and a struggle."

Comment

Pretty amazing. If a player gets 20-25, that could be a fluke, but 37 shows that Marco has the skills that translate. I know it's just the summer league, but 37 points is 37 points.

Stuart
            http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
            http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
            http://www.interbasket.net

Comment

Great performance, even though it's just the SL as stuart pointed out. I hope he gets it going.
              Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
              Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by DanMajerle
                But he will comepete in Eurobasket, will he? Beacuse he's playing SL...
                I've read somewhere he included a special clause which makes him free to play for NT anytime he wishes to... and according to the same article (I think so) he'll be playing on EC this year.
                Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by stuart
                  Pretty amazing. If a player gets 20-25, that could be a fluke, but 37 shows that Marco has the skills that translate. I know it's just the summer league, but 37 points is 37 points.

Stuart
                  he played 40 minutes, was poorly deffended (as he told himself) and his percentage was above the average you'd expect (e.g. 5/7 triples). but yeah, he was too low in the draft. draft is about onlythosewhositthere know what.. :/ and if Warriors will see he can be their new money bag, they'll play him. if not - they won't. imho..
                  btw, imagine he was Chinese...
                  stop russia

Comment

Originally posted by kestas
                    btw, imagine he was Chinese...
                    China NT would be scary
                    The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Imagine if he could play with Bargnani and Gallinari... well, he can!

Comment

Go Marco

Comment

hope he can replace j-rich

Comment

The SL comes to a close and Belinelli averages:

22.8 ppg
                            2.5 apg
                            1.8 rpg
                            1.5 spg

with

FG 43.6%
                            3pt 44.4%
                            FT 68.8%

while playing 37.2 mpg in 4 games.
                            Artificial Nature

Comment

ITA - First-round pick Belinelli signed by Warriors
                              OAKLAND (NBA) - The Golden State Warriors on Monday signed guard Marco Belinelli, their first-round pick.
                              The Warriors selected the 6ft 5in Italian with the 18th pick in the June 28 draft.

Terms of the deal were not disclosed, but the 21-year-old Belinelli will receive $1.12 million in his first season under the terms of NBA rookie salary scale.

Belinelli, a deadly perimeter shooter who relies on his outside shot to torture defenses, comes to the NBA after spending the last five years in the Italian pro game.

In 33 games last season with Fortitudo Bologna in Lega A, the top professional league in Italy, Belinelli averaged 16.4 points per game, while shooting 54.4% from the field.

In 13 Euroleague contests, he averaged 12.9 points on 43.8% from the field.

Representing Italy, Belinelli averaged 13.5 points per game during last summer's FIBA World Championship in Japan, including 25 points in a losing effort against Team USA in preliminary round play.

Belinelli played for the Warriors summer league team in Las Vegas this year, averaging 22.8 points, 1.8 rebounds and 2.5 assists.
                              Artificial Nature

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information