Spanoulis: "I am not going back to Houston"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spanoulis: "I am not going back to Houston"

Το φινάλε της regular season βρήκε τον Ολυμπιακό στην κορυφή της βαθμολογίας, με ρεκόρ 24-10, όμως το κυριότερο, έχοντας την καθολική αποδοχή από όλους τους φίλους του ευρωπαϊκού μπάσκετ, επαγγελματίες και μη.

Spanoulis : "I am not going back to Houston" !!!!

Originally posted by KokkinosVasilias
    http://www.superbasket.gr/?c=286&a=4444

He can say what ever he likes... if he has contract and Houston wants him? he can make an acrobatic "Flick-Flack" on the air.

NBA is not Europe that you can snatch player as CSKA to Pao or Oly to Tau.
    Rools are rools in USA.
    2022/2023:
    PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
    SG: Baldwin, Hollins
    SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
    PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
    PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

Originally posted by ArkadiosV2
      It was about time he put his foot down! No matter how professional and good NBA is, they can't force someone to be there if they don't want to! Simple as that. So, lets hope at least one European talent comes back and don't get wasted in NBA.
      Spanoulis has already agreed with PAO hmmm.... that reminds me something

Rockets should make an anouncement now "Spanoulis still has a contract with the Rockets" then ask from PAO an enormous amount of money in order to sell him, and finally sell him to another team for a lower price

Comment

http://www.superbasket.gr/?c=286&a=4444

probably original source in english

Comment

The Rockets and Pao are gonna start a war over Spanoulis.

The Rockets are gonna be the hosts for Pao in October.
          Can you imagine?

I hope Pao beats them and I hope Spanoulis pulls up 30.

How can you force a player to play for you if he doesn't want to. Let him go.
          PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Victorious

Tha karfosoun to deltio tou sto tavani

Damn these Texans!! Free Spanoulis!!!

Comment

he's under contract

it would be anarchy if every player who wanted to leave was granted their wish

but I do agree He doesn't cost them much he didn't even get much playing time

they should just release him ...

Comment

Originally posted by Victorious
                The Rockets and Pao are gonna start a war over Spanoulis.

The Rockets are gonna be the hosts for Pao in October.
                Can you imagine?

I hope Pao beats them and I hope Spanoulis pulls up 30.

Did you hear of something called "contract"? If tomorrow Diamentidis would like to leave Pao to CSKA, Maccabi or Tau, what would you say? Would you think that Pao should let him go?
                If Pao wants Spanoulis so badly they have to pay Houston and I suppose they would let him free. If not, then he would have to respect his contract. Would he accept a situation that he dosen't play well and because of that his team won't pay him as written in the contract? Of course not. So like he expects his team to respect the agreement on their behalf, he has to respect it on his behalf.

Comment

Well, first of all Houston bought him for 350K Euros while he had tremendous stats in both Greece and Euroleague. Now they want 3M Euros while he hasn't played a whole season. Second they don't really need him. Third he said he is not even going back to Houston, so its either Panathinaikos or out of basketball for two seasons for him.

If a Panathinaikos player wants to leave Panathinaikos he leaves with a very reasonable release clause. Panathinaikos respects its employees and don't treat them like slaves. Anyone who wants to leave just leaves. (Spanoulis, Siskauskas, Lakovic, Bodiroga, Rebraca, Vrankovic etc...)
                  Anyone who wants to leave just leaves because except Siskauskas (who had a specific leaving caluse with a price tag in his agreement) they didn't have a contract with Pao when they left...

Comment

Spanoulis, Siskauskas, Rebraca all had contracts. And they left. Noone even tried to stop them.
                    They left because they had release clause in their contracts, that simple,
                    they didnt try to stop them simply because they couldnt do anything at all.

If Rockets want 3 M to let Spanoulis go its not such a big deal, its call free market, they have their "investment" and they think thats its worth!

Spanoulis should have thought better when he signed his contract...
                    he's a grown up and he should have considered all the possibilities back then,

What is going to happen with Javtokas?
                    will they give him the 1.5 m he asks and then let him go since PAO respects all the wishes of their players or will they try to get rid of him as cheap as they can?

its all there, in black and white
                    tin ypografi sou kai tin ... prosexeis pou tin vazeis

Comment

And why all the fuss bout the salary cap? How many teams in NBA use up their whole salary caps anyway? Salary cap is bullshit story for me. There are teams in NBA with a less than 20M Euros budget and their salary cap is 35M Euros.
                      The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Just wonderin
                        if Spanoulis doesnt return in the US and Rockets insist on keeping him in the team, what can they do legally?
                        NBA is not part of FIBA...

Comment

Just wonderin
                          if Spanoulis doesnt return in the US and Rockets insist on keeping him in the team, what can they do legally?
                          NBA is not part of FIBA...

But alliance with ULEB.
                          Spanoulis will be ban from the EL at least.
                          2022/2023:
                          PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
                          SG: Baldwin, Hollins
                          SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
                          PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
                          PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

ya I don't really see how VSpan can just ignore his contract to go play in Europe if NBA teams and Euro players have to spend huge $ on buyouts just to get out of their european contracts.

Comment

And why all the fuss bout the salary cap? How many teams in NBA use up their whole salary caps anyway? Salary cap is bullshit story for me. There are teams in NBA with a less than 20M Euros budget and their salary cap is 35M Euros.

every team in the NBA uses all the room they have under the salary cap, most teams are far over the salary cap actually, Charlotte is the only team that hasn't been the past few years but that's expected to change this year.

The Knicks spend somewhere around 120 million on contracts and cap tax

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information