PDA

View Full Version : Adriatic league 2007/2008

Pages : [1] 2

Picek
07-04-2007, 06:22 AM
it looks like Zadar signed Filiberto Rivera..
he played for Artland Dragons last season

Picek
07-04-2007, 08:58 AM
it looks like KK Zagreb will sign Jakov Vladovic who wants out from KK Zadar..

Joško Poljak Fan
07-05-2007, 12:53 PM
I can't stand the fact that many players are leaving again this season... it's getting frustrating.
Adriatic league would need some mafioso to use the league for a money laundry in order for the teams to be able to keep some of the players... I wonder where is montenegro mafia when you need them :rolleyes:

I hope the found for the best team will continue to grow, right now only travel expenses are covered, with the best 4 teams spliting sth. like 200-250.000 €. Not that much, but every € is welcome to keep younger players for a bit longer, since adriatic league clearly has the potential to get at least near ACB level in the long term- and that's the only goal AL management should have.

KK_Bosna
07-06-2007, 06:55 PM
Not that much, but every € is welcome to keep younger players for a bit longer, since adriatic league clearly has the potential to get at least near ACB level in the long term- and that's the only goal AL management should have.their only goal is to fill their pockets with money :mad:

Joško Poljak Fan
07-06-2007, 09:13 PM
their only goal is to fill their pockets with money :mad:
...filling their pockets with whoose money?
clubs don't contribute anything, while NLB, Sava tires, Kia, Mobitel and adria airways alltogether contribute to a bit more than 2 mio € for the whole budget which covers the costs of occupation, referees, traveling and some small awards for top4 clubs (streetball tournaments were also announced, but I don't know if they'll actually happen). not much to steal here :rolleyes:

elaj
07-10-2007, 06:26 PM
The Final Four will be played again
Zadar and Cibona, Union Olimpija and Geoplin Slovan ... There are only two interesting pairs, which will start the 2007/08 NLB Season on October 3rd according to the draw which was held on Tuesday in the Croatian capital. The season will last 26 rounds with 14 clubs meeting each other througout a year and will finish on March 22nd. The new season also brings a change in the play-off system...

Since the elimination system from the quarter-final until the final proved not to be effective in the previous season, teh league's management decided to change it. »From now on the best eight teams will meet in the quarter-final and the winners will then qualify for the Final Four tournament. The change was necessary since the finish of the seaosn is supposed to be the peak of teh whole year competition and the tournament is teh best way to draw the attention of fans, medias ect.,« said the general director of the NLB League Roman Lisac.

Besides, the General Assembly confirmed another new regulation. The club, which will finish the regular part of the season as the last one, will not be able to participate in the regional league in the next season. That will not be changed even if the club will win the domestic championship in the meantime. With such a regulation the league would like to encourage clubs to give their best in the competition just to avoid the last place on the standings.

Croatian and Slovenian derby for the start of Adriatic League. ;)

Picek
07-15-2007, 09:47 AM
Svakom je mladom igraču san zaigrati u NBA ligi. Europsku je košarku ljepše gledati, ali je NBA vrhunski show. Odlazak u NBA je nešto najviše što igrač može postići u košarci.

http://www.jutarnji.hr/sport/kosarka/clanak/art-2007,7,14,barac_stanko,82296.jl

stupid no brainer..I can't understand how can young european players be so stupid..
it's not like there isn't a tone of young prospects who never succeeded in NBA..
would it be so hard to learn from their mistakes?

stupid fools.. :mad: :mad:

Joško Poljak Fan
07-15-2007, 10:05 AM
It's managers fault, they promise heaven to those kids, they believe them... and here we go again...

Srle
07-15-2007, 11:41 AM
It would be nice if Zvezda lands Vladimir Stimac. They talking with him,Vladimir Golubovic,Marko Lekic,Ivan Koljevic, Milan Majstorovic and some other players.

PHILIPeurobasket
07-21-2007, 08:51 AM
Gerrod Henderson probably will sign contract with Anwil Wloclawek. Can you tell me anymore about him :confused:

Srle
07-21-2007, 06:20 PM
He sure like grass.

jwfish6
07-21-2007, 10:12 PM
It would be nice if Zvezda lands Vladimir Stimac. They talking with him,Vladimir Golubovic,Marko Lekic,Ivan Koljevic, Milan Majstorovic and some other players.

Its crazy how all these kids leave serbia and are now possibilites to come back. I like Stimac, but i cant understand why they would be interested in any of those guys when they already have Aleksandrov and he never plays and he is surely better than all those guys.

I hope he breaks out next year. Better yet, in spain.

PHILIPeurobasket
07-22-2007, 07:14 PM
He sure like grass.

so we can have little problem :cool:

Anwil Wloclawek signed a deal with Gerrod Henderson (193-G-78, college: Louisiana Tech). 29-year-old American combo guard signatured one-year contract.

kukoc7
07-24-2007, 06:49 AM
http://www.jutarnji.hr/sport/kosarka/clanak/art-2007,7,14,barac_stanko,82296.jl

stupid no brainer..I can't understand how can young european players be so stupid..
it's not like there isn't a tone of young prospects who never succeeded in NBA..
would it be so hard to learn from their mistakes?

stupid fools.. :mad: :mad:

It's managers fault, they promise heaven to those kids, they believe them... and here we go again...

I agree with you 100%. It's really sad, what's happening. The "stunted growth" list keeps getting longer. :(

Picek
07-24-2007, 12:59 PM
Zadar signed Andrej Stimac.. and are very close to signing Stallworth something..

Picek
07-24-2007, 03:40 PM
Zadar signed Andrej Stimac.. and are very close to signing Stallworth something..Shammell Stallworth

apparently he was the best scorer of brasilian league two years in a row..now they only need another PG and their team is all set..
if they can find a good PG this team could be a lot better then the one they've had in the last few seasons..

Picek
08-06-2007, 07:13 PM
they're not in adriatic league yet but hopefully they will be..
anyway, Cedevita signed Slaven Rimac :) :cool:

Joško Poljak Fan
08-06-2007, 07:28 PM
they're not in adriatic league yet but hopefully they will be..
anyway, Cedevita signed Slaven Rimac :) :cool:
what's up with croatian league rules next season? I'm primarily interested in if there will be any foreign players allowed and if adriatic league teams that don't compete in any international competition will participate in it from the start?

I've read a statement by Split's HC Subotić, saying that Split won't embarres themselves anymore, however sadly the club hasn't made any signing so far to back it up.

Picek
08-06-2007, 07:59 PM
what's up with croatian league rules next season? I'm primarily interested in if there will be any foreign players allowed and if adriatic league teams that don't compete in any international competition will participate in it from the start?I really don't know..
after the end of last season there were some talks about allowing foreign players to play in the first phase of the national championship so that all teams could have the same treatment.. but I really don't know have they made it official

I've read a statement by Split's HC Subotić, saying that Split won't embarres themselves anymore, however sadly the club hasn't made any signing so far to back it up.
they'll probably sign some foreign players in the spring as usuall..
Rađa said that they can't afford to pay them for the whole season..
but with hard work maybe they can make something out of this squad they have..
but they'll need to work really, really hard..
the only positive thing is that they will enter the new season with the same coach..

Picek
08-06-2007, 08:13 PM
they'll probably sign some foreign players in the spring as usuall..

or maybe I'm wrong

http://www.glasdalmacije.com/?show=0&article=2763

jwfish6
08-08-2007, 05:36 AM
It's crazy teams have already began practicing with season still about 2 months away. It almost seems pointless considering none of the top players will be there. For example FMP, their top 7 or 8 players are either with the senior team, the u18 team or the university team. I guess its just a way for them to make decisions on younger kids and border line older guys.

What do yall think Partizan will do next season to revamp their lineup? Theyre losing their top 2 big men Perovic and Drobnjak. Obviously Pekovic will play big minutes, but he wont be enough. Will Cummings stay?

elaj
08-08-2007, 07:09 AM
It's crazy teams have already began practicing with season still about 2 months away. It almost seems pointless considering none of the top players will be there. For example FMP, their top 7 or 8 players are either with the senior team, the u18 team or the university team. I guess its just a way for them to make decisions on younger kids and border line older guys.
Ex-yu teams have tradition to start preparations first in Europe every season.

Picek
08-08-2007, 07:10 AM
Will Cummings stay?he signed for Maccabi..

Srle
08-08-2007, 05:39 PM
Djurkovic should get some minutes. I think they will sign Ratko Varda. Dasic and Mijatovic are often are often rumours but I doubt that will happen. They will sign foreign player too. Its to early for Partizan As far for Zeleznik. They evaluating player. Some will go to the loan to the Borac,some will play for FMP II,Some will leave FMP if they get right offers. But Raduljica,Jeremic and Macvan will be with first Zeleznik team which make next season very interesting. Erceg will probably go and Teodosic as well to.

jwfish6
08-08-2007, 05:50 PM
Mijatovic would be logical for Partizan. They need a point guard and he needs Euroleage exposure.

Srle
08-08-2007, 05:54 PM
Keselj is out of Girona. I think. He should be nice addition.

jwfish6
08-08-2007, 06:19 PM
to partizan?

Srle
08-08-2007, 06:32 PM
No. But he would be nice fit. We will see where he will sign.

Buducnost PG
08-08-2007, 09:30 PM
to partizan?

No room for him in Partizan. We are full on SF/SG. We have Kecman, Vitkovac, Tepic and Tripkovic and maybe Tapuskovic will see some playingtime this year.

Srle
08-09-2007, 01:05 PM
All of them are SG.Except maybe Tepic who can play both. Keselj has nice size and touch for SF.

Buducnost PG
08-09-2007, 01:11 PM
All of them are SG.Except maybe Tepic who can play both. Keselj has nice size and touch for SF.

Kecman is our main SF and will play there and Vitkovac is a G/F. Tripkovic is a clear SG and Tepic can play from PG-SF.

He could only be a backup SF in Partizan right now. But Partizan is interested to sign Filip Sepa (i heard the deal is done) and Uros Lukovic (212cm C born in 89) but he get injured and no deal made for now.

jwfish6
08-09-2007, 03:33 PM
It makes no sense they let Stojacic go. He could be backup to Tripkovic next year.

Joško Poljak Fan
08-09-2007, 04:41 PM
and Partizan could go 0-14 in euroleague, if it would be your way playing with 18year olds just in order to develope them for NBA. I don't think that'll happen... Partizan isn't meant to be a farm team, and result is still no.1 priority for them...

Buducnost PG
08-09-2007, 04:49 PM
and Partizan could go 0-14 in euroleague, if it would be your way playing with 18year olds just in order to develope them for NBA. I don't think that'll happen... Partizan isn't meant to be a farm team, and result is still no.1 priority for them...

That is right. We have enough young players like Tripkovic, Tepic, Pekovic, Bakic, Velickovic and Djurkovic. I hope Tripkovic will have his breakout season this year it is his last chance. If we can find 3 good players for C, PF and PG and the youngsters get a step forward we will be in a good position again. 1,2 or 1,5mio€ will come from the Perovic transfer and the team is also in talks about a sponsor for the next season and that could be very useful for us. Even if he gives us 500.000 per year we could find a good american for this money and perhaps even 2. I hope also Djurkovic will get a chance this season.

But we have to be realistic. The last season was a great one for Partizan. The team won the 6th title in the row, won the NLB after they ended up 2nd the last 2 years, reached the top16 of the EL and played some very good games (against Maccabi in Tel Aviv, Olympiakos, PAO, Joventut) and that all on the road. And last but not least the team also played the Korac Cup final but lost it after controling the game for the first 3 quarters against FMP.

Srle
08-09-2007, 04:51 PM
I read that Lukovic will continue to play in US. I didnt hear about Partizan. Partizan is always talking about playing young players. Tripkovic,Pekovic,Velickovic,Perovic,Tepic,Bakic etc. So its not impossible for them to add more young talent.

Srle
08-09-2007, 04:56 PM
Thats how they earn big bucks. Krstic and Perovic are example. Bogdanovic obviously fail and they paid alot of money for him. The reason why i mention Keselj is beacuse they wanted to sign him before he left to Spain. He made big mistake. They also wanted to sign Dragovic.

Buducnost PG
08-09-2007, 04:56 PM
I read that Lukovic will continue to play in US. I didnt hear about Partizan. Partizan is always talking about playing young players. Tripkovic,Pekovic,Velickovic,Perovic,Tepic,Bakic etc. So its not impossible for them to add more young talent.

That is right but even if Lukovic and Sepa will come they would play for the 2nd team and not for the 1st. If they could get Keselj for a good price and he agrees to sign a contract for 3-4 years i would sign him. But with the current situation on the positions SG/SF he would have a tough time getting minuets in the 1st season. But if Vujosevic decides to play Tepic again the most time as PG, then Keselj could be the Backup of Kecman and Tripkovic and Vitkovac would play on SG. Then Keselj would get at least 15min ppg. But i don´t think that is useful to play Tepic the most time as PG. I would prefer to see im playing as SG/SF most of the time.

Picek
08-10-2007, 06:57 PM
or maybe I'm wrong

http://www.glasdalmacije.com/?show=0&article=2763

Split signed Tony Akins..
he lead polish league in assists last year..

PHILIPeurobasket
08-10-2007, 08:03 PM
Split signed Tony Akins..
he lead polish league in assists last year..

yeah great player! Split will be very happy :) This guy is amazing - he is so quickly, he can shoot, pass, rebound - everything! And he is American-Chinnese :D you will see :)

very good signing! bad info that Polish fans will not see him again in Poland :(

elaj
08-11-2007, 05:09 PM
I'll try to update this post - at the end it will include full rosters of all teams.

Helios Domžale 2007/2008:

PG: Jure Močnik, Žiga Zagorc, Nikola Radojičić, Marko Antonijevič
SG: Robert Troha, Aljaž Janža, Dario Krejič
SF: David Moro, Jernej Mihalič
PF: Jack Ingram, Aleksei Laškevič, Miha Zalokar
C: Domen Žerak, Matej Krušič

Roster status: closed
Headcoach: Zoran Martič

Zadar 2007/2008:

PG: Corey Brewer, Rok Stipčević, Toni Prostran
SG: Shamell Stallworth, Pankracije Barać, Mario Filipović
SF: Juby Johnson, Pavle Marčinković
PF: Jure Lalić, Andrej Štimac, Marino Šarlija
C: Todor Gečevski, Jere Macura, Ante Đugum

Headcoach: Aleksandar Petrović

Geoplin Slovan 2007/2008:

PG: Ricky Clemons, Štefan Nikolić, Zoran Dragič
SG: Jaka Klobučar, Ernest Novak, Dejan Mlakar
SF: Stipe Modrić, Siniša Bilič
PF: Dražen Bubnić, Dejan Čigoja
C: Ljubo Šamadan, Marko Jovanović, Jan Vesely, Dejan Radojević

Headcoach: Aleksander Sekulič

Split CO 2007/2008:

PG: Tony Akins, Igor Sumić, Marko Car
SG: Marlon Garnett, Ante Delaš
SF: Hrvoje Perić, Ante Bilobrk, Stipe Režić
PF: Deyan Ivanov, Damjan Rudež, Josip Sobin
C: Andrija Stipanović, Toni Šoda, Mario Delaš

Headcoach: Slobodan Subotić

Cibona Zagreb 2007/2008:

PG: Tre Kelley, Damir Mulaomerović, Vedran Morović, Vedran Princ
SG: Larry Ayuso, Goran Vrbanc, Filip Krušlin
SF: Chris Warren, Marin Rozić, Vedran Vukušić
PF: Sam Hoskin, Bariša Krašić
C: Lukša Andrić, Franko Kaštropil

Headcoach: Joke Vranković

Union Olimpija 2007/2008:

PG: Maurice Bailey, Goran Dragič, Jan Močnik
SG: Ronell Taylor, Luke Anderson, Mirko Mulalić
SF: Jasmin Hukić, Saša Dončič
PF: Marko Milič, Miha Zupan
C: Chris Booker, Mirza Begić

Roster status: another C (NBA cuts)
Headcoach: Memi Bečirovič

Partizan 2007/2008:

PG: Milt Palacio, Milenko Tepić
SG: Uroš Tripković, Petar Božić, Bogdan Riznić
SF: Dušan Kecman, Čedomir Vitkovac, Strahinja Milošević
PF: Novica Veličković, Marko Djurković, Dejan Borovnjak
C: Nikola Peković, Slavko Vraneš, Darko Balaban

Headcoach: Duško Vujošević

Zagreb 2007/2008:

PG: Jakov Vladović, Petar Babić
SG: Josip Sesar, Danijel Krajčić, Hrvoje Kovačević
SF: Nikola Garma, Krunoslav Simon
PF: Mario Dundović, Ivan Papac
C: Ante Tomić, Denis Vrsaljko, Darko Novosel

Headcoach: Danijel Jusup

Vojvodina Srbijagas 2007/2008:

PG: Istvan Nemeth, Marko Peković, Uroš Duvnjak
SG: Dušan Djordjević, Ivan Paunić, Ilija Pavković
SF: Miroslav Marković, Miloš Bojović
PF: Marko Lekić, Ivan Ivanović
C: Goran Bajić, Vladimir Golubović

Headcoach: Ivica Mavrenski

Hemofarm Vršac 2007/2008:

PG: Miljan Pavković, Miljan Rakić, Stefan Marković
SG: Nebojša Joksimović, Miloš Trailović
SF: Goran Jagodnik, Marko Simonović, Miloš Borisov
PF: Aleksandar Mladenović, Boris Savović
C: Vladan Vukosavljević, Boban Marjanović, Milivoje Božović

Headcoach: Miroslav Nikolić

FMP 2007/2008:

PG: Filip Čović, Zoran Osmokrović, Nemanja Protić, Branko Lazić
SG: Marko Djerašimović, Slobodan Popović, Djordje Mičić
SF: Bojan Krstović, Malden Jeremić
PF: Zoran Erceg, Dragan Labović
C: Predrag Samardžinski, Milan Mačvan, Miroslav Raduljica, Ivan Žigeranović

Headcoach: Vlada Vukoičić

Crvena zvezda 2007/2008:

PG: Omar Cook, Boris Bakić, Igor Milošević
SG: Mirko Kovač, Marko Cvetković, Steven Marković
SF: Branko Jorović, Mlajden Šljivančanin, Pavel Gromyko
PF: Tadija Dragičević, Nemanja Aleksandrov, Vladimir Tica
C: Nenad Mišanović, Elmedin Kikanović

Roster status: closed (C from NBA cuts)
Headcoach: Stevan Karadžić

Široki Prima pivo 2007/2008:

PG: Ivan Tomas, Franjo Bubalo, Ivan Šušak
SG: Marko Bulić, Siniša Štemberger
SF: Toni Dijan, Andry Šola
PF: Željko Župić, Ivan Perinčić, Josip Šakota
C: Šime Špralja, Corey Louis

Roster status: another PG (Miller?)
Headcoach: Tihomir Bujan

Budućnost 2007/2008:

PG: Nenad Mijatović, Nemanja Gordić, Nikola Lalić, Nikola Otašević
SG: Bojan Bakić, Sead Šehović
SF: Vladimir Micov, Vladimir Dašić, Marko Popović
PF: Vladimir Dragičević, Ivan Maraš, Ljubo Jovanović, Sveto Peković, Igor Luteršek
C: Stevan Milošević, Žarko Rakočević, Vladislav Dragoljović

Headcoach: Dejan Radonjić

player = newcomer
player = already from past season

If there are any mistakes (I probably missed someone), just say, I'll be glad to change - especially I'm not sure for teams I wrote "need info" on roster status.

Buducnost PG
08-11-2007, 05:16 PM
Zvezda, Buducnost and Hemofarm are interestetd in Vladimir Dragicevic (PF/C 205cm/86) from Lovcen Cetinje.

Jeremic and Radjulica could also join 1st team of FMP. Musli will play another season for FMP 2.

Zvezda is also interested in Vladimir Gloubovic from Vojvodina.

jwfish6
08-11-2007, 05:18 PM
Surely Filip Covic will play in Borac, right?

Markoishvili
08-11-2007, 05:27 PM
Split CO 2007/2008:

SG: Larry Ayuso???, Ante Delaš
PF: American PF, Damjan Rudež, Josip Sobin

Picek
08-12-2007, 03:53 PM
Split CO 2007/2008:

SG: Larry Ayuso???, Ante Delaš
PF: American PF, Damjan Rudež, Josip Sobin

their new PF is Deyan Ivanov

Joško Poljak Fan
08-12-2007, 04:12 PM
their new PF is Deyan Ivanov
I haven't notice any mention if he is Split's player from now on or only on loan from Caja San Fernando?
If he is staying there for more than 1 year, than that's a extremely good signing for them...

elaj
08-12-2007, 04:56 PM
I haven't notice any mention if he is Split's player from now on or only on loan from Caja San Fernando?
If he is staying there for more than 1 year, than that's a extremely good signing for them...
He signed for two years. He was released in Spain.

jwfish6
08-12-2007, 10:31 PM
What are the chances of Erceg staying in FMP?

If he stays, then I like this lineup alot.

FMP 2007/2008:

PG: Miloš Teodošić
PF: Dragan Labovic, Milan Macvan
C: Zoran Erceg, Predrag Samardžinski, , Miroslav Raduljica,

If Erceg leaves then Macvan should start for sure. Either way it will be intriguing rotating 5 nice prospects inside with Teo running the show. And Jeremic lighting it up.

Buducnost PG
08-12-2007, 10:37 PM
What are the chances of Erceg staying in FMP?

If he stays, then I like this lineup alot.

FMP 2007/2008:

PG: Miloš Teodošić
PF: Dragan Labovic, Milan Macvan
C: Zoran Erceg, Predrag Samardžinski, , Miroslav Raduljica,

If Erceg leaves then Macvan should start for sure. Either way it will be intriguing rotating 5 nice prospects inside with Teo running the show. And Jeremic lighting it up.

Erceg will not start at Center, even if he stays. Samardizski has improved a lot last year and i expect him to play a lot this year and to be the 1st center in FMP this season.

And the chances for Erceg to stay in FMP are not high, especially if he play a good EC. But it also depent a lot on the money the team which wants him is ready to pay.

jwfish6
08-12-2007, 10:43 PM
Maybe it is the year for them to beat Partizan and play in the Euroleague next year. How would the possibility of making the Euroleague affect the way they sell off their top players so soon?

Buducnost PG
08-12-2007, 10:52 PM
Maybe it is the year for them to beat Partizan and play in the Euroleague next year. How would the possibility of making the Euroleague affect the way they sell off their top players so soon?

They can do a lot, but to beat Partizan in Serbia is very difficult.;) For sure they have the potential, but the problem of FMP is that they have no tradition and they are know for that to make and sell players. If they would reach the EL i think they would not sell the players and buy some new one, perhaps 2 good foreigners. Covic has enough money.

There are talks about a fusion between FMP and Zvezda. Then Erceg, Teodosic and Labovic would go to Zvezda and Covic would be president of Zvezda and FMP would be then something like a farmteam as it is now Borac.

Joško Poljak Fan
08-13-2007, 07:37 AM
There are talks about a fusion between FMP and Zvezda. Then Erceg, Teodosic and Labovic would go to Zvezda and Covic would be president of Zvezda and FMP would be then something like a farmteam as it is now Borac.
I think someone mentioned Čović never sells his player to Partizan, so I guess he must be Zvezda fan. He'd definately fulfill his ambitions with getting on top of Zvezda while Zvezda would get tons of good players, to get along masses of fans they have in Serbia and abroad...
But this fusion is discussed for about the last 3-4 years and yet nothing has happened.

Srle
08-13-2007, 08:00 AM
Only way they can get into Euroleague is ULEB Cup. But that is not Covic plan. As Buducnost said their strategy is to sell players. Its too bad they are leaving to early and they usually have bad episodes aboard. But all of those player are not raised in Zelenik. They all came as formed players. We will see what will happen with players from their academy.

Joško Poljak Fan
08-21-2007, 01:03 PM
Partizan and Igokea (BiH) announced they'll be cooperating from now on. Partizan will rename itself into Partizan Igokea and Igokea into Igokea Partizan. Igokea's president dodik will become vice-president of Partizan. As far as I understood artizan is about to get some financial injection along with a new training facility with this merge.

Buducnost PG
08-22-2007, 02:28 PM
FMP signs 18 year old Uros Lukovic. Lukovic is a Center (214cm).

Buducnost Podgoirca is interested in Boris Savovic from Hemofarm.

PHILIPeurobasket
08-22-2007, 02:36 PM
Hemofarm Vrsac agreed terms with forward of Slovenian National Team Goran Jagodnik (202-F-74, agency: Beo Basket). He started last season in Dynamo Moscow while in January moved to Anwil Wloclawek. For 27 games in Polish league he added 14.5 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 1.9 apg and 1.9 spg. In the past Jagodnik won 5 titles in Poland with Prokom Trefl Sopot (Polish League Champion -04, 05, 06 and Polish Cup Winner - 06, 07).

Holly $!*&*! ... I still believe that he can stay in Wloclawek, but this was only dreams :( BAd info for Anwil fans :(:(:(

Srle
08-22-2007, 04:30 PM
Wow they signed Lukovic too. FMP definetly have best young talent in Serbia. That team will be interesting to watch.

jwfish6
08-22-2007, 10:36 PM
Do you think Lukovic will play in the first team, 2nd team, or Borac?

Also what does B92 mention about the 3 young kadets from Red Star? Sounds interesting.

Buducnost PG
08-22-2007, 11:04 PM
Do you think Lukovic will play in the first team, 2nd team, or Borac?

Also what does B92 mention about the 3 young kadets from Red Star? Sounds interesting.

The cadets from Red Star will only train with the 1st team as it a lot cadets doing in the 1st phase of the training camps. The same is going in in Buducnost Podgorica for example.

They have so many players on C/PF with ERceg, Labovic, Macvan, Samardziski, Raduljica, Zigeranovic, Todorovic and Lukovic now. I am sure he will not play in the 1st team this year. He could replace Raduljica in Borac.

Srle
08-23-2007, 01:09 AM
He joined FMP training camp. I also think he will be playing for Borac or FMP 2. They have so many decisions to make. Raduljica,Jeremic and Macvan will be with first team for sure.I think Erceg and Todorovic will leave FMP.

jwfish6
08-23-2007, 02:20 PM
Should be very interesting. They picked up a ton of nice 1989 pick ups in Lukovic, Markovic and Zivanovic.

Srle
08-26-2007, 04:00 PM
Partizan signed two interesting players born in 89. Balaban Darko 214 cm and Stevan Jelovac 208cm.

jwfish6
08-30-2007, 05:54 PM
I wonder what Partizan is going to do. They lost so many top players. Tepic, Tripkovic, Pekovic and Velickovic should all be very big. I expect Djurkovic to get some big minutes too. I heard they have a few new Americans.

Marjanovic had a good friendly game with 15 points. Nice article on him and his determination. http://www.kkhemofarm.co.yu/DesktopDefault.aspx?alias=kkhemofarm.co&TabID=4016&Lang=en&ItemID=1888&mid=11754

Branko Jereminov had a huge game against Dynamo with 25 points. Not bad for a point guard who never really got his chance.

Joško Poljak Fan
09-01-2007, 01:19 PM
Hemofarm won the friendly tournament Actavis...

Hemofarm - Dinamo Moskva 80:79 (19:23,21:14,23:21,17:21)
Hemofarm: Savović 4, Trailović 3, Simonović 4, Joksimović 9, Božović 2, Despotović 2, Pavković 6, Rakić 10, Marjanović 12, Mladenović, Borisov 12, Vukosavljević 16.
Dinamo: Baklenov, Ivanov 19, Hansen 19, Sirovatko 9, Lazarov, Domani 2, Zvarikin 7, Shukovtsov 2, Ekimov 4, Domercant 17.

Srle
09-01-2007, 07:00 PM
Its nice to see that Marjanovic is gettinig big minutes and he producing. I think he is Hemofarm big investment. This upcoming Adriatic League will be interesting. Alot of young talent will be playing. Partizan will bring another American player. It will be PF.

Joško Poljak Fan
09-03-2007, 10:19 AM
First NLB AND1 streetball tournament has ended

Skupina A:
Slovenija 1 - Makeodnija 1 15 : 8
Slovenija 1 - Črna gora 2 15 : 11
Slovenija 1 - BiH 3 15 : 8
Črna gora 2 - Makedonija 1 15 : 10
BiH 3 - Makedonija 1 15 : 7
BiH 3 - Črna Gora 2 15 : 9

Skupina B:
Hrvaška 2 - Srbija 1 15 : 10
Srbija 1 - BiH 2 15 : 9
Srbija 1 - Slovenija 3 16 : 6
Hrvaška 2 - BiH 2 15 : 7
Slovenija 3 - Hrvaška 2 15 : 11
Slovenija 3 - BiH 2 15 : 12

Skupina C:
Črna gora 1 - BiH 1 17 : 15
Srbija 2 - BiH 1 15 : 13
BiH 1 - Hrvaška 3 15 : 7
Črna gora 1 - Srbija 2 15 : 7
Hrvaška 3 - Črna gora 1 18 : 16
Hrvaška 3 - Srbija 2 11 : 0

Skupina D
Hrvaška 1 - Slovenija 2 15 : 12
Hrvaška 1 - Makedonija 2 15 : 10
Srbija 3 - Hrvaška 1 15 : 7
Slovenija 2 - Makedonija 2 15 : 12
Srbija 3 - Slovenija 2 15 : 11
Srbija 3 - Makedonija 2 15 : 9

četrtfinale:
Slovenija 1 - Hrvaška 1 15 : 11
Črna gora 1 - Srbija 1 16 : 14
Hrvaška 2 - Hrvaška 3 15 : 9
BiH 3 - Srbija 3 15 : 13

polfinale:
BiH 3 - Hrvaška 2 15 : 13
Črna gora 1 - Slovenija 1 16 : 14

finale:
BiH 3 - Črna gora 1 15 : 13

za 3. mesto:
Hrvaška 2 - Slovenija 1 16 : 14

a nice addition i'd say, eventhough over here there is one streetball tournament after another lately. I hope they'll continue with those tournaments and spread it around, since this year qualifications were only play in one city in each of the former republics, with some bigger media attention this might pan out as the best streetball tournament in europe.

Also a selection has been made which will play vs. the original AND1 team
Tadej Tušek, Gašper Ovnik (Slovenija), Jurica Juršić, Ivan Kovačević (Hrvaška), Davor Vučković, Tibor Florijan (Bosna in Hercegovina), Igor Štupar (Srbija), Igor Penov, Filip Konzulov (Makedonija), Ivan Juncaj, Miloš Milutinović (Črna Gora)

Buducnost PG
09-03-2007, 01:29 PM
Its nice to see that Marjanovic is gettinig big minutes and he producing. I think he is Hemofarm big investment. This upcoming Adriatic League will be interesting. Alot of young talent will be playing. Partizan will bring another American player. It will be PF.

I am suprised about Marijanovic he scored in double digits both times. He has still a lot of work in front of him, but if he works hard he could become a very very nice player.

jwfish6
09-06-2007, 12:56 AM
So with Serbia out the next thing ahead will be the NLB league. With the leadership of Teo and decent showings by Labovic this week they should backbone FMP. Jeremic and Macvan will hopefully play big minutes too. FMP seem very strong, hopefully they can qualify for the 08-09 Euroleague for all their young players. Partizan seem like they will take a step backwards. Tripkovic, Tepic and Pekovic will all have their shot at making their careers this year. Hemofarm will surely give Markovic and Marjanovic big minutes too. And Aleksandrov and Dragicevic should get alot of time in CZ.

jwfish6
09-09-2007, 09:10 PM
So FMP and Buducnost played friendly game. Dasic with 17 points. Macvan only 2 (no stats of minutes played or anything). I wonder if Mijatovic will be back soon.

Any info on Juan Del Moral kadet tournament in Spain? FMP is there with all top Spanish teams. Nikola Siladi is playing good? I dont know any of these guys. They must be 1992.

PHILIPeurobasket
09-11-2007, 06:29 PM
Buducnost Podgorica landed Nikola Otasevic
PG Nikola Otasevic, who played last season in Polish Anwil, joined ULEB Cup participant Buducnost Podgorica. Otasevic won Polish National Cup with Anwil last season and got prestigious award "Eurobasket.com Polish League All-Bosmans Team -07". He played 6 games in ULEB Cup averaging 4.3 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 2.3 apg and 1.7 spg while for 34 games in Polish league he averaged 5.2 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 2.8 apg and 1.3 spg. Otasevic was member of Yugoslavian U18 NT who won unofficial World Championship for juniors “Albert Schweitzer” in Mannheim 2000.

Bye bye Nicola :(

jwfish6
09-12-2007, 02:50 PM
So Teodosic is heading to Greece. Should be interesting. Prime situation for Jeremic. FMP will have to land another PG though right?

Srle
09-17-2007, 01:07 AM
I dont like this move. Its to early for him to leave country and especially big club like Olympiacos. I will admit I dont like Partizan. But I wish that he went there. He would play big minutes in Euroleague. This is one of the reason why Serbian basketball is struggle. Young people leaving to early. They shoul;d follow Krstic and VujAnic(he was one of the best guards in Europe before injury). I hope he will get playing time. They paid good many for him.

Joško Poljak Fan
09-20-2007, 03:37 PM
Marlon Garnett signed with Split, when asked if he knew anything about the history of the club, he answered, dunno- Divac played here, right? ...I'd overcome that easily if he didn't sign contract with club GM who also happens to be ex-Celtic (as Garnett)- Dino Radja :)

Picek
09-20-2007, 07:24 PM
Marlon Garnett signed with Split, when asked if he knew anything about the history of the club, he answered, dunno- Divac played here, right? ...I'd overcome that easily if he didn't sign contract with club GM who also happens to be ex-Celtic (as Garnett)- Dino Radja :)
finally they've completed their roster in time...
it will be interesting to see how will they do this season..
I think Zadar, Split and Zagreb could really hurt Cibona this season..
and hopefully Split and Zagreb won't be at the bottom of adriatic league..

Joško Poljak Fan
09-24-2007, 09:40 AM
finally they've completed their roster in time...
it will be interesting to see how will they do this season..
I think Zadar, Split and Zagreb could really hurt Cibona this season..
and hopefully Split and Zagreb won't be at the bottom of adriatic league..
I'm afraid the way things look like right now Slovan will be the one at the bottom. They've lost Preldžič and Vidmar, Marcelić... unless some of their youngsters explodes imo it will be hard for them to avoid the last spot. And that is just when Laško/Zlatorog and Krka are finaly gathering a good teams to get back in the adriatic league, which they won't if we loose that 3rd spot there.

Don't know how are the Split's finances, but first Subotić being he first coach after xy years that survived the season and Split actually having a complete roster in time for adriatic league that sounds optimistic (as Subotič normaly does) hopefully that's the begining of Split coming back to life somehow...

The team that might harm Croatia and the koeficient could be Cibona, they seem much weaker team than compared to some recent seasons...

ArkadiosV2
09-24-2007, 10:36 AM
Picek is Mulaomerovic signinn with Cibona today?

Picek
09-24-2007, 10:54 AM
Picek is Mulaomerovic signinn with Cibona today?one of these days, yes.. don't know if it will happen today though..

Picek
09-24-2007, 12:06 PM
it happened today:
http://www.jutarnji.hr/ephresources/images/2007/09/24/mulaomerovic.wide.jpg

he signed a one year contract.. eventhough he is 33 he can still help us a lot.. I'm glad we brought him back..
too bad we didn't sign Rimac as well..

elaj
09-24-2007, 09:02 PM
Guys... Matiz, Picek, Buducnost PG, Srle and others, if you didn't see yet, I've been sorting togather all rosters of Adriatic League 2007/2008... If you have any time, please check rosters and say if I did any mistakes (I'm almost sure I did some mistakes :D).

http://forums.interbasket.net/showthread.php?t=3807&page=2

Picek
09-25-2007, 07:24 AM
Guys... Matiz, Picek, Buducnost PG, Srle and others, if you didn't see yet, I've been sorting togather all rosters of Adriatic League 2007/2008... If you have any time, please check rosters and say if I did any mistakes (I'm almost sure I did some mistakes :D).

http://forums.interbasket.net/showthread.php?t=3807&page=2
I croatian clubs are more or less o.k., only Kovačević isn't a PG, he is a SG..
everything else looks ok

jwfish6
09-25-2007, 05:59 PM
Hem. sent Despatovic away on loan, and it looks like Nemanja Jaramaz and Stefan Tapuskovic will rotate taking up the 12 spot for Partizan.

Joško Poljak Fan
09-25-2007, 06:38 PM
good work Elaj :)

it should be an interesting season.

Zvezda really dissapointed me against Turow, they were demolished by a defensive pressing (Turow actually wsa great at it, but still a person would expect Zvezda to have at least some answer for it). Dragičević is indicating he might become the revelation of the season, but the rest doesn't follow up, Marković will be known as an eternal talent obviously.

Partizan's roster seems somehow poor. They need their youngsters to errupt (as i said the last season and the season after and... so on) and I think Velicković will be the one. The least of an NBA prospect least hyped accordingly, but I believe he'll turn into a helluva PF for international game.

Cibona is a questionmark, too many US player I haven't seen yet and Kus, Wisniewki, Wright trio was their core of the team last season.

Olimpija would be the team to beat if they had Dragič, healthy Ožbolt and one more PF/C, but like that with only 8 players on the roster things are really uncertain. The rumours about signings are somehow optimistic, if the finances would live up to that finaly, I would be as well...

while teams as Bodučnost, Zadar, Split, FMP, Slovan are including too many young players to really have an idea of how good they'll be next season and I won't say anything about Zadar since every time i think they assembled a good team they have a dissapointing season.

roster-wise the league definately looks weaker than the last year, but that happened practicaly at the begining of every season, so let's wait and see...

Buducnost PG
09-25-2007, 06:50 PM
good work Elaj :)

it should be an interesting season.

Zvezda really dissapointed me against Turow, they were demolished by a defensive pressing (Turow actually wsa great at it, but still a person would expect Zvezda to have at least some answer for it). Dragičević is indicating he might become the revelation of the season, but the rest doesn't follow up, Marković will be known as an eternal talent obviously.

Partizan's roster seems somehow poor. They need their youngsters to errupt (as i said the last season and the season after and... so on) and I think Velicković will be the one. The least of an NBA prospect least hyped accordingly, but I believe he'll turn into a helluva PF for international game.

Cibona is a questionmark, too many US player I haven't seen yet and Kus, Wisniewki, Wright trio was their core of the team last season.

Olimpija would be the team to beat if they had Dragič, healthy Ožbolt and one more PF/C, but like that with only 8 players on the roster things are really uncertain. The rumours about signings are somehow optimistic, if the finances would live up to that finaly, I would be as well...

while teams as Bodučnost, Zadar, Split, FMP, Slovan are including too many young players to really have an idea of how good they'll be next season and I won't say anything about Zadar since every time i think they assembled a good team they have a dissapointing season.

roster-wise the league definately looks weaker than the last year, but that happened practicaly at the begining of every season, so let's wait and see...

FMP always includes a lot young players, but they have succes with it. They again have good players on almost every position. The problem this year could be the PG position with Covic, Osmokrovic and Protic.

Buducnost will have a hard time. They are weaker then last year. But with a new C/PF (they said they will bring in one) and everybody from the youngsters improving they will fight for 8th place. I don´t think they will end up as 5th again.

Split should be stronger. Zadar with a nice starting 5 in my opinion. But the bench is weak again and now they have to play 2 games per week.

Partizan need one Center and the team will be again on top 4 at least in NLB (since we are playing NLB we ended 2 times as 2nd an last year as 1st). Palacio is playing very good in preperation and also Vitkovac had nice games. But to reach the top16 in EL we need a good Center and the young players to improve their game.

Joško Poljak Fan
09-25-2007, 07:11 PM
when saying Partizan was poor, I was thinking more as a comparison to previous year, I believe they are among teams that should achieve the top4. Didn't get the best impression from Vitkovac when he was still with Zvezda, but I do think some young players should improve, already mentioned Velicković, Peković should also be a sure thing considering the way he plays, while Tripković and Tepić are the questionmark.

Srle
09-26-2007, 01:19 AM
Krstovic will have great sesaon for FMP. I really like his game.

Joško Poljak Fan
09-27-2007, 09:58 AM
Hemofarm – FMP 96:93 (25:17; 24:23; 16:17; 17:25; 14:11)
Hemofarm: Savović 12, Trailović, Simonović, Joksimović 10, Božović, Marković 9, Pavković 8, Rakić 6, Jagodnik 11, Borisov 16, Marijanović 11, Vukosavljević 13.
FMP: Jeremić, Đerasimović 10, Erceg 20, Labović 9, Stefanović 3, Lazić 4, Krstović 25, Mačvan, Protić 3, Raduljica 4, Samardžiski 5, Čović 10.

looks like you're right Srle ;)
Hemofarm looks like filled on most positions as well...

Buducnost PG
09-27-2007, 10:42 AM
Crvena Zvezda from Belgrade returned Vladimir Tica (208-C/F-81, agency: Beo Basket) who grew up and played in the club from 1998 until 2003. He signed one year deal with option that Zvezda has right to terminate the contract after month and a half, if not Tica will stay in the team until the end of the season 07/08. He played last year in New Yorker Phantoms Braunschweig and for 33 games in German Bundesleague averaged 9.4 ppg and 5.1 rpg. Before Braunschweig he played for Dexia Mons-Hainaut (won Belgian National Cup), Khimik Yuzny, Dynamo Moscow Region and Hemofarm so after four years he returned to Crvena Zvezda.

Srle
09-27-2007, 06:28 PM
I think Erceg will be gone by January . Maybe some other player too.

Buducnost PG
09-28-2007, 11:18 AM
Bojan Bakic is new player of Buducnost Podgorica. He will stay there for 1 year.

Joško Poljak Fan
09-29-2007, 01:44 PM
First round coming up in Tuesday/Wednesday:

Helios Domžale - Bodučnost 2
Partizan - Vojvodina 1
Zagreb - Split 1
FMP - Široki 1
Slovan - Olimpija 2
Zadar - Cibona 1
Hemofarm - Zvezda 1

how are things with broadcasts, will any croatian TV even broadcast it?

In Slovenia reportedly sportklub and TV Slo2 are supposed to broadcast some games... but still no confirmation by TV Slo...

Buducnost PG
09-29-2007, 02:54 PM
First round coming up in Tuesday/Wednesday:

Helios Domžale - Bodučnost 2
Partizan - Vojvodina 1
Zagreb - Split 1
FMP - Široki 1
Slovan - Olimpija 2
Zadar - Cibona 1
Hemofarm - Zvezda 1

how are things with broadcasts, will any croatian TV even broadcast it?

In Slovenia reportedly sportklub and TV Slo2 are supposed to broadcast some games... but still no confirmation by TV Slo...

In Serbia it will be again B92 i heard. On the adriatic league site stays that TV Montenegro (RTCG) and SLO2 will brodcast Helios-Buducnost.

woma
10-01-2007, 07:28 PM
In Serbia it will be again B92 i heard. On the adriatic league site stays that TV Montenegro (RTCG) and SLO2 will brodcast Helios-Buducnost.
I've checked B92 TV schedule and games are not there. TV Slo2 and TV Montenegro is nice...but I am seriously considering of getting decoder for B92 and SportKlub Serbia, so I would be angry if B92 wouldn't air any games...

Buducnost PG
10-01-2007, 07:42 PM
I've checked B92 TV schedule and games are not there. TV Slo2 and TV Montenegro is nice...but I am seriously considering of getting decoder for B92 and SportKlub Serbia, so I would be angry if B92 wouldn't air any games...

Yes right. I heard before they will brodcast again, but for now nothing. To watch B92 you need serbian paytv TotalTV i think.

ArkadiosV2
10-01-2007, 07:57 PM
A question for Serbs and Slovenias... What are the biggest Cable Sports Channels there? Do they have the Euroleague, NBA packages? (What else?).
And the most important, do they transmit on Hotbird? Thxs.

Buducnost PG
10-01-2007, 08:01 PM
A question for Serbs and Slovenias... What are the biggest Cable Sports Channels there? Do they have the Euroleague, NBA packages? (What else?).
And the most important, do they transmit on Hotbird? Thxs.

Serbian is Total TV. And they showed 2 EL-games last year i think. One from Partizan and then another one. But for that you need a receiver from them and it is not on Hotbrid it is on Eutelsat W2. Here the site http://www.totaltvinfo.com/ but it is only in serbian.

Joško Poljak Fan
10-01-2007, 08:25 PM
there is some relatively new channel group called sportklub in most of ex-Yu countries, but at least for Slovenia they're only on cable tv.

woma
10-02-2007, 05:54 PM
Just finished watching Helios vs Buducnost (79:86). Here are some thoughts:
1) Nemanja Gordic (SG, 1988 r) - never heard of him and he was huge today. Scored 10 points in the 1st quarter, than disappearead, woke up in last minutes of 4th quarter making two 3-pointers, was 4/4 for 3.
2) Tv Slovenia screwed fans one more time. First I thought the game is enctypted, but later I saw that they are not broadcasting it. At least TV Montenegro didn't disappoint. But I am wondering who was producing TV signal, if hosts weren't broadcasting it...
3) A few players still needs time to get in better shape, guys like Troha, Dasic or Mijatovic were non-factors today.
4) Helios really lacks some muscles and explosiveness inside, Ingram won't do much there and Rakocevic had a lot of space to operate. With good performance of Zagorc Helios looked better at playmaking (Mijatovic was average, and Otasevic was just...Otasevic), but Buducnost was able to go strong inside, and also grab some important offensive rebounds, most thanks to Bakic and Rakocevic.
5) Decent game for the opening of the season

Edit: Just checked Slovenian SportKlub listings and saw that game was broadcasted there. This sucks...

Edit 2: Just checked TV Slovenia 2 listings and they are planning to show Olimpija vs Helios game on saturday. So maybe SportKlub will air home games of Helios and TV Slovenia 2 will be showing Olimpija?

Joško Poljak Fan
10-02-2007, 06:23 PM
I'm a bit dissapointed after this game. In the last 5 minutes Helios barely scored and there were long streaks of consecutive wasted oppurtunities in offense through that period, but the way those were wasted is even more worrying... including loosing rebounds by 6 (I think) in the last quarter.
Praising of Moro and Mihelič started to soon, since they were completely off today, I'll give some time to Antonijevič to get to know the team, but what we've seen today was terrible...
and Helios actually wanted to get rid of Krejič in the offseason :rolleyes:
I still stand for this years Helios being stronger than the last year, that's what makes a defeat like that even worse...

I'm keeping some (false probably) hopes that it's the guys missing and Antonijevič&Troha out of shape that caused the defeat and not Martič as a head coach, if it's Martič than Slovenia can start preparing for only 2 teams in adriatic league next season.

Tv Slovenia screwed fans one more time.
I got used to that :p

Just checked TV Slovenia 2 listings and they are planning to show Olimpija vs Helios game on saturday. So maybe SportKlub will air home games of Helios and TV Slovenia 2 will be showing Olimpija?
honestly I have no idea what's going on now. I think it was said that TV Slo was supposed to broadcast games with slovenian teams and športklub the other ones... :confused:

Picek
10-04-2007, 06:40 AM
first round is over:
Partizan Vojvodina 81:65
Zagreb Split 80:77
FMP Široki 98:77
Slovan Olimpija 78:76
Helios Budućnost 79:86
Zadar Cibona 87:80
Hemofarm Zvezda 76:81

the biggest surprise is Slovan winning against Olimpija, Slovan changed a lot of players and they seem to be the weekest team in the league but they've surprised Olimpija yesterday..
Hukic didn't play well to say atleast ane eventhough Olimpija shot over 60% for two they lost the game..
how come Dragič didn't play?
his registration wasn't done?

the second surprise but not as big is Zvezda winning in Vršac with Cook being monstrous with his 12 assists and 16 points (4/7 three pointers)..

we lost to Zadar, we were in the lead 34 minutes or so but lost it at the end.. made too many turnovers (19) and deservedly lost..
I'm furious that I couldn't watch the game on our tv :mad: so I can't really say much...

Joško Poljak Fan
10-04-2007, 08:25 AM
the biggest surprise is Slovan winning against Olimpija, Slovan changed a lot of players and they seem to be the weekest team in the league but they've surprised Olimpija yesterday..
Bailey&Taylor reportedly pooked their pants (it's sometimes hard to motivate us-players for anything but euroleague), Milič and Zupan pulled the wagon and that wasn't enough with 6 guys playing + Močnik&Anderson stepping in for those 6-9 minutes.
Slovan desired the win more and reportedly has some better team than last year while some of the young kids might explode as well... I've got to get to the next game to see that czech Vesely.
In any case no harm done since the win stayed in Slovenia, while I expect players to learn something from this and act accordingly, and i wouldn't mind if Slovan would somehow repeat this in the next round vs. Široki...

Dragič didn't get the letter of clearance yet.

we lost to Zadar, we were in the lead 34 minutes or so but lost it at the end.. made too many turnovers (19) and deservedly lost..
I'm furious that I couldn't watch the game on our tv so I can't really say much...
will there be any broadcast of NLB league in Croatia at all?

kololoco
10-04-2007, 09:46 AM
Although Hemofarm lost, they are gonna be a formidable adversary this year. specially as time goes and Marjanovic gains experience. He is gonna be a monster and many will be surprised by his superiority this year at the end of the competition. Posibly the best motorics in a center of his size I have ever seen. Something like Ante Tomic, but with streanght.

Buducnost PG
10-04-2007, 09:59 AM
Although Hemofarm lost, they are gonna be a formidable adversary this year. specially as time goes and Marjanovic gains experience. He is gonna be a monster and many will be surprised by his superiority this year at the end of the competition. Posibly the best motorics in a center of his size I have ever seen. Something like Ante Tomic, but with streanght.

Very nice game for him. A very important thing for a young center as he is, was also that he had 0 fouls in 20 minuets. I hope he will improve more and more. Hemofarm lost the game, because Jagodnik, Pavkovic and Vukosavljevic were weak yesterday. But the win for Zvezda in Vrsac could be huge. I am sure that Jagodnik, Pavkovic and Vukosavljevic will play better in the next games and then it will not be easy for everybody to beat them at home. We also have to remeber that Hemofarm did a good job on the road last year winning in Sarajevo, Zadar, Ljubljana and also wining in the Pionir against Zvezda.

Picek
10-04-2007, 11:04 AM
will there be any broadcast of NLB league in Croatia at all?don't know..
I hope it will be, but with these idiots running the show who knows..

Picek
10-04-2007, 01:38 PM
http://www.hrt.hr/raspored/?raspored=2&mreza=3&datum=2007-10-06

HTV 2 will show Split - FMP on saturday.. so atleast one good news...

Joško Poljak Fan
10-04-2007, 01:41 PM
http://www.hrt.hr/raspored/?raspored=2&mreza=3&datum=2007-10-06

HTV 2 will show Split - FMP on saturday.. so atleast one good news...
now i'll be able to switch between Olimpija/Helios and Split/FMP...:cool:

jwfish6
10-04-2007, 02:59 PM
Macvan deserves more than just 7 minutes. It is interesting that Covic and Lazic from 89 played ahead of Jeremic.

Buducnost PG
10-04-2007, 03:21 PM
Macvan deserves more than just 7 minutes. It is interesting that Covic and Lazic from 89 played ahead of Jeremic.

In the case of Covic not. After FMP sold Teodosic they had 3 PG´s in the roster in Covic, Protic and Osmokrovic. They are not statisfied with Osmokrovic and so he is not in the team. They stayed with Protic and Covic. Then they signed Nenad Stefanovic before few days to have another option on PG. He played for Solga Kraljevo and Partizan before. I think he will be able to help them more then Protic.

What i see from Lazic on the U18 EC was a good defense with the ability to hit his jumpers and 3-pointers. With Krstovic and Djerasimovic as scoring option 1st and 2nd on the SF/SG, Lazic could be more useful, because of his good defense for his age.

And it will be tough for Macvan to get big minuets at the begining of the season. The 1st options on PF so far are Erceg and Labovic. The 1st center is Samardziski. He had a nice game yesterday with a index of 20. I hope for him to improve his game again this year. He is strong, a good rebounder and a good blocker. He is also able to draw a lot of fouls. He has to improve his shoot and to stay away from foultrouble. If he makes that, he will be on a good way. So the only chance that i see for Macvan to get more minuets at the begining, is as backup Center for Samardziski. Labovic is in front of him, for the begining, because he has to become a better player this year and the coach want to see if he can be the main target in the Frontcourt, when Erceg will leave. If Labovic couldn´t play as expected, then Macvan will see his chance as backup PF soon.

At the begining Vukoicic only used Samardziski, Erceg and Labovic. After FMP had a huge lead, he put in Zigeranovic and Macvan. The same was with Jeremic.

Yesterday Micic didn´t play because of a injury. If he comes back, then there will be another player on SG/SF alongside Krstovic, Djerasimovic, Lazic and Jeremic.

Raduljica also didn´t play yesterday. He was not even in the roster for this game.

woma
10-04-2007, 03:50 PM
now i'll be able to switch between Olimpija/Helios and Split/FMP...:cool:
How u are watching croatian channels in Slovenia? On cable? Too bad that they are encrypted on satellite.

Btw, I was told that B92 should pick-up rights to air NLB games this year in a few days. We'll see...

Srle
10-04-2007, 05:06 PM
I think FMP will move Erceg before end of the sesaon like they did with Savanovic. Macvan wil get his minutes. I hope Raduljica too.Raduljica is injured.

Buducnost PG
10-04-2007, 05:10 PM
I think FMP will move Erceg before end of the sesaon like they did with Savanovic. Macvan wil get his minutes. I hope Raduljica too.

Raduljica shoudl be the backup for Samardziski. I don´t know what they want with Zigeranovic. As the 3rd center he is a good option and that´s it.

Srle
10-04-2007, 05:22 PM
Zigeranovic is garbage man. They have to have somebody who wil play wit hustle. Krstovic is a great player.He can really elevate.

Srle
10-04-2007, 05:59 PM
I am too excited about Marjanovic. I hope he will get more minutes in the future. He really moves well for the guy who is tall 223 cm. And he is very well built. Also Markovic shoot the ball well. If he imporove that he could be very dangerous player.

jwfish6
10-05-2007, 01:18 AM
Yeah Marjanovic and Markovic are looking amazing. They can be the leaders of Hemofarm and that is incredible for 2 1988's. Yeah Covic is not ready to play here. I like Lazic alot. Micic, Protic and Lazic should hold down the PG. I imagine Macvan and Raduljica will play 40 mpg in FMP 2 to keep playing and play a little back up with the senior squad. Or atleast that would be best situation in the begining of the season (the way that Partizan developed Velickovic).

Joško Poljak Fan
10-05-2007, 05:41 AM
Yeah Marjanovic and Markovic are looking amazing. They can be the leaders of Hemofarm and that is incredible for 2 1988's. Yeah Covic is not ready to play here. I like Lazic alot. Micic, Protic and Lazic should hold down the PG. I imagine Macvan and Raduljica will play 40 mpg in FMP 2 to keep playing and play a little back up with the senior squad. Or atleast that would be best situation in the begining of the season (the way that Partizan developed Velickovic).
when exactly did Velicković play 40 mpg?:D his domain was always 10-15 minutes, just as it'll be the case with Mačvan and Lazić this year...

2. round

Vojvodina - Zvezda 2
Cibona - Hemofarm 2
Budućnost - Zadar 2
Olimpija - Helios 1
Široki - Slovan 2 :confused:
Split - FMP 2
Partizan - Zagreb 1

kololoco
10-05-2007, 08:36 AM
when exactly did Velicković play 40 mpg?:D his domain was always 10-15 minutes, just as it'll be the case with Mačvan and Lazić this year...

2. round

Vojvodina - Zvezda 2
Cibona - Hemofarm 2
Budućnost - Zadar 2
Olimpija - Helios 1
Široki - Slovan 2 :confused:
Split - FMP 2
Partizan - Zagreb 1

FMP and Partizan have a with the first team their second teams Partizan 2 and FMP 2 which play in lesser leagues. And in those teams they get senior competition level play, but not te first league.

Joško Poljak Fan
10-05-2007, 09:09 AM
FMP and Partizan have a with the first team their second teams Partizan 2 and FMP 2 which play in lesser leagues. And in those teams they get senior competition level play, but not te first league.
I missed jwfish writing down "FMP 2", sorry for that.

but... FMP 2 is below the level of Mačvan and Raduljica, while in case they'd play for Borac in 1st serbian league, I can imagine them being unable to play for Železnik when they join the league later in the season, same happened to Olimpija with Pietras last season, he played with farm team Postojna in 1.A and with Olimpija in NLB/euroleague, later he couldn't play for Olimpija in the national championship.

Vukoičić knows what he is doing, no worries about that.

@woma, seems like B92 won't be broadcasting NLB league this year.

Buducnost PG
10-05-2007, 09:24 AM

Why should Covic not be ready to play with FMP 1st team? He has by far a better courtvision then Protic and is also working hard in defense. His problem could be his size.

kololoco
10-05-2007, 10:15 AM
I also think that Covic isn't that bad of a player at all. People have predjudice against him because of his last name, but the fact is he is a very hard worker on court, with good technique and speed. He will probably never play for the national team, but I think that he has the skill to always have a place in some Adriatic league team. I wouldn't mind him being the back up playmaker for Red Star in front of Markovic at all.

jwfish6
10-05-2007, 04:58 PM
Yeah FMP 2 is way below Macvan and Raduljica. Mabe they will do what they did 2 years ago with Erceg. They sent him back and forth late in the season from Borac and Zeleznik. I do not think they do this very often but I remember them doing it with him. More than likely an injury or departure will occur soon, so it should all fall into place.

Srle
10-05-2007, 06:26 PM
Macvan and Raduljica will play for the first Zeleznik team. I think Uros Lukovic,Smiljanic and Markovic will play for Borac.

Picek
10-06-2007, 05:37 PM
Split - FMP 77-76

the final score was the only time Split was in a lead :D
horrible game by all standards, refs made a joke out of the game with some laughable antisportive fouls on both sides..
Split missed more then 15 free throws, they were down by 13 points at one point but came back and won the game eventually..
I'm glad, this could be a huge boost for them. :)

Joško Poljak Fan
10-06-2007, 06:31 PM
Split 77-76
Garnett 23, Rudež 14, Stipanović 13, Perić 8+8reb; Labović 18, Djerasimović 12, Protić 11, Samardzinski 10 +8reb

bad games on both sides... as well as some wicked referees...
Split was loosing when playing man-to-man, for the whole second quarter they were playing zone defense and imo clearly showcased FMP didn't have as bad backcourt in ages, unexperienced as well. Cvetković, Rašić and Teodošić leaving in the offseason was too much. I hope FMP will get back on track, but it's really rare thing to see a team playing that bad vs. zone, even at this stage of the season.
I dislike both of Split's new guards, Garnett and Akins... kind of turned the game into run and gun, but in any case I'm glad Split is slowely getting back and won't be a "team for kicking out" as in the past 2-3 seasons... afterall their "youngsters" are old enough now to start to deliver.

Olimpija - Helios 83-66
Milič 23, Bailey 15 +4as, Taylor 13 +8reb, Dragič 8+5as; Troha 18, Ingram 17 +9reb, Žerak 8

Olimpija was trying to speed up the pace (something unussual, since we've always had conservative coaches on the bench) with some unforced mistakes following. They've got a lot of work to do in defense especially on the communications part. In the end individual quality prevailed, even if Helios played much better than vs. Bodučnost, with Troha in shape it's a whole different team. Overall not bad of a performance (from both teams) for this early in a season...

someone got destroyed in Podgorica :eek:

ArkadiosV2
10-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Is it true that Serbian TV decided to show Big brother instead of Adriatic LEague? Doesn't sound good...

Buducnost PG
10-06-2007, 10:10 PM
Is it true that Serbian TV decided to show Big brother instead of Adriatic LEague? Doesn't sound good...

Yes the channel B92 who showed the NLB the last years. But not many people love this league. The interest is very low. The most time the games are before only 500 fans.

Srle
10-06-2007, 10:23 PM
Jeremic must start instead Lazic. And Macvan must play much more. Its only one loss. I excpect FMP to start winning streak after this loss. Including win against Partizan.FMP lost to Slovan last season. Not a big deal. They lead this game until the end. And Refs had some suspicuous decisions at the end. Marjanovic had another good game. But Hemofarm lost. I dont understand why Nikolic didnt start him in the third quarter. When he was in the game Hemofarm was leading.

Buducnost PG
10-06-2007, 11:10 PM
Jeremic must start instead Lazic. And Macvan must play much more. Its only one loss. I excpect FMP to start winning streak after this loss. Including win against Partizan.FMP lost to Slovan last season. Not a big deal. They lead this game until the end. And Refs had some suspicuous decisions at the end. Marjanovic had another good game. But Hemofarm lost. I dont understand why Nikolic didnt start him in the third quarter. When he was in the game Hemofarm was leading.

FMP is very weak in the backgourd compared to the last season. Erceg played bad the 1st 2 games and seems out of shape.

They lost today and that was a suprise, as it was a suprise when they lost to Slovan last year. But they are definetly weaker then last year. Last year they had 2 very good PG´s for NLB in Rasic and Teo. Now they have Covic/Protic and Stefanovic. The best SG is Djerasimovic now. Last year they had Cvetkovic.

I am sure that they will start to play better, but i doubt that they will be under the 1st 3 this year after the end of the regular season. But results are not that important for FMP. The most importnat thing for Covic is to sell his young players as fast as possible.

I am looking forward to Wednesday, to see Partizan kids winning the 3rd game in the row. We have to get revanch for the big lose last year in the NLB at FMP.;)

Today that was training against Zagreb. Borovnjak made 16 points and had 9 rebounds in 19minuets. Perhaps he can have a season as Novica last year. Novica was superb today. Hid did everything. Tepic also. Pekovic also strong. But that was only Zagreb. I expected a win by 15-20 points, but this was just wow.

The 2nd suprise after the win of Split was the big win from Budcunost over Zadar. Zadar can play for sure better, but it looks like they are again to focused on 3-pointers. They have to start to play a lot better, or they will have no chance to be under the 1st 3 or 4 in their Uleb Cup group. Grodic continued with his strong performance and also Dragicevic had a big game today.

Zvezda won again on the road, thanks to a 3-pointer by Cook in the last second from 8m. Cook had again a great game, seems like he is a great addition to them. Tadija was also strong again and Tica was also fine with 16 points.

Roy M
10-07-2007, 12:01 AM
The best player in the league, as I think, is Omar Cook from "Red Star".
On Tuesday he gave 12 ass and tonight 30 points with 5 ass.

He is the best PG in Europe and I can't understand why didn't he play in the Euroleague so far.

Cook will bring a lot of fan in the "Pioneer" this season.

Srle
10-07-2007, 05:43 AM
FMP last year lost to Slovan in fifth round I think. They will be fine. They wont win Serbian league. But they will contend for Adriatic league,Serbian Cup and they will go far in Uleb Cup as usuall. Erceg is playing like crap. They have to get rid of him. They were talking about selling him all summer long. I think his mind is somewhere else.

Picek
10-07-2007, 05:58 AM
someone got destroyed in Podgorica :eek::D
Budućnost wanted revenge for their loss last year (by 33 I think) and they did it..
Zadar playing outside of Zadar is a whole different team and Aco just showed how "good" coach he really is..
he picked those players and a young Budućnost team overrun them without any problem..

Cibona - Hemofarm 79-74

I wasn't there since I came back to Zagreb too late.. but I followed the game on scoreboard..
In the first half it was a back and forth game, Kaštropil was huge (:eek: ) in the first half when he made a 10 points series of his own..
Andrić got injured in the first half so that's the reason why he didn't play much..
Hoskin looks unstoppable, 18 points (shooting 80%) and 11 rebounds yesterday.. he is averaging 20 points and 11.5 rebounds in two games so far and that is a huge surprise for me.. Vranković said he is extremely satisfied with him 'cause he can play both as a PF and as C with his back against the basket eventhough he is just 2.05..
If only we could sign another big over 2.10 center..
we took 11 point lead coming into fourth but Hemofarm cut the lead down to 5-6 points but then Luksa Andric made 2 three pointers just to be sure. he played a good game, 10 points and 7 rebounds and only three fouls..
all in all it was an o.k. game but we will see how it will look like against Zvezda in Belgrade on wednesday..
oh, and btw. 18 hundred people came to watch the game last night..
the average for last year was about 600-700 people per game..

Joško Poljak Fan
10-07-2007, 09:48 AM
Vojvodina - Zvezda 82-85
Bojović 22, Ivanović 18, Lekić 11; Cook 30 +5as, Dragičević 23 +7reb, Tica 16

Cibona - Hemofarm 79-74
Hoskin 18 +11reb, Ayuso 13, Warren 12, Kaštropil 11 +7reb; Jagodnik 14, Marjanović 11 +8reb, Joksimović 11

Bodućnost - Zadar 100-72
Dragičević 20 +7reb, Gordić 15 +7reb ( :eek: again), Maraš 13, Micov 10; Stipčević 17, Gečevski 15 +10reb, Stallworth 8 +5as

Partizan - Zagreb 109-65 :eek:
Veličković 20 +7reb +5as, Peković 16, Borovnjak 16 +9reb, Tepić 12 +7reb +6steals +7as, Vitkoviac 11 +7reb; Vladović 14, Sesar 10, Tomić 10

Zvezda won again on the road, thanks to a 3-pointer by Cook in the last second from 8m. Cook had again a great game, seems like he is a great addition to them. Tadija was also strong again and Tica was also fine with 16 points.
that's exactly how Zvezda looked like in Kranjska gora, either Cook created something for his teamates, or Dragičević did (he really did improve) and the rest were kind of waiting for those trash baskets... Zvezda is for the second season in a row becoming too predictable with their offense, first Gurović with noone following up, now Cook-Tadija tandem with big gap untill the rest of the team comes in (Tica could be an improvement in that regard, he wasn't playing there)

oh, and btw. 18 hundred people came to watch the game last night..
the average for last year was about 600-700 people per game..
are things improving in that direction with Cibona, or was it just a coincidance...

elaj
10-07-2007, 10:50 AM
Helios Domžale 2007/2008:

PG: Jure Močnik, Žiga Zagorc, Nikola Radojičić, Marko Antonijevič
SG: Robert Troha, Aljaž Janža, Dario Krejič
SF: David Moro, Jernej Mihalič
PF: Jack Ingram, Aleksei Laškevič, Miha Zalokar
C: Domen Žerak, Matej Krušič

Headcoach: Zoran Martič

Zadar 2007/2008:

PG: Corey Brewer, Rok Stipčević, Toni Prostran
SG: Shamell Stallworth, Pankracije Barać, Mario Filipović
SF: Juby Johnson, Pavle Marčinković
PF: Jure Lalić, Andrej Štimac, Marino Šarlija
C: Todor Gečevski, Jere Macura, Ante Đugum

Headcoach: Aleksandar Petrović

Geoplin Slovan 2007/2008:

PG: Ricky Clemons, Štefan Nikolić, Zoran Dragič
SG: Jaka Klobučar, Ernest Novak, Dejan Mlakar
SF: Stipe Modrić, Siniša Bilič
PF: Dražen Bubnić, Dejan Čigoja
C: Ljubo Šamadan, Marko Jovanović, Jan Vesely, Dejan Radojević

Headcoach: Aleksander Sekulič

Split CO 2007/2008:

SG: Marlon Garnett, Ante Delaš
PF: Deyan Ivanov, Damjan Rudež, Josip Sobin

Headcoach: Slobodan Subotić

Cibona Zagreb 2007/2008:

PG: Tre Kelley, Damir Mulaomerović, Vedran Morović, Vedran Princ
SG: Larry Ayuso, Goran Vrbanc, Filip Krušlin
SF: Chris Warren, Marin Rozić, Vedran Vukušić
PF: Sam Hoskin, Bariša Krašić
C: Lukša Andrić, Franko Kaštropil

Headcoach: Joke Vranković

Union Olimpija 2007/2008:

PG: Maurice Bailey, Goran Dragič, Jan Močnik
SG: Ronell Taylor, Luke Anderson, Mirko Mulalić
SF: Jasmin Hukić, Saša Dončič
PF: Marko Milič, Miha Zupan
C: Chris Booker, Mirza Begić

Roster status: closed (looking for C from NBA cuts)
Headcoach: Memi Bečirovič

Partizan 2007/2008:

PG: Milt Palacio, Milenko Tepić
SG: Uroš Tripković, Petar Božić, Bogdan Riznić
SF: Dušan Kecman, Čedomir Vitkovac, Strahinja Milošević
PF: Novica Veličković, Marko Djurković, Dejan Borovnjak
C: Nikola Peković, Slavko Vraneš, Darko Balaban

Headcoach: Duško Vujošević

Zagreb 2007/2008:

PG: Jakov Vladović, Petar Babić
SG: Josip Sesar, Danijel Krajčić, Hrvoje Kovačević
SF: Nikola Garma, Krunoslav Simon
PF: Mario Dundović, Ivan Papac
C: Ante Tomić, Denis Vrsaljko, Darko Novosel

Headcoach: Danijel Jusup

Vojvodina Srbijagas 2007/2008:

PG: Istvan Nemeth, Marko Peković, Uroš Duvnjak
SG: Dušan Djordjević, Ivan Paunić, Ilija Pavković
SF: Miroslav Marković, Miloš Bojović
PF: Marko Lekić, Ivan Ivanović
C: Goran Bajić, Vladimir Golubović

Headcoach: Ivica Mavrenski

Hemofarm Vršac 2007/2008:

PG: Miljan Pavković, Miljan Rakić, Stefan Marković
SG: Nebojša Joksimović, Miloš Trailović
SF: Goran Jagodnik, Marko Simonović, Miloš Borisov
PF: Aleksandar Mladenović, Boris Savović
C: Vladan Vukosavljević, Boban Marjanović, Milivoje Božović

Headcoach: Miroslav Nikolić

FMP 2007/2008:

PG: Filip Čović, Zoran Osmokrović, Nemanja Protić, Branko Lazić
PF: Zoran Erceg, Dragan Labović
C: Predrag Samardžinski, Milan Mačvan, Miroslav Raduljica, Ivan Žigeranović

Headcoach: Vlada Vukoičić

Crvena zvezda 2007/2008:

PG: Omar Cook, Boris Bakić, Igor Milošević
SG: Mirko Kovač, Marko Cvetković, Steven Marković
SF: Branko Jorović, Mlajden Šljivančanin, Pavel Gromyko
PF: Tadija Dragičević, Nemanja Aleksandrov, Vladimir Tica
C: Nenad Mišanović, Elmedin Kikanović

Roster status: closed (looking for C from NBA cuts)
Headcoach: Stevan Karadžić

Široki Prima pivo 2007/2008:

PG: Ivan Tomas, Franjo Bubalo, Ivan Šušak
SG: Marko Bulić, Siniša Štemberger
SF: Toni Dijan, Andry Šola
PF: Željko Župić, Ivan Perinčić, Josip Šakota
C: Šime Špralja, Corey Louis

Roster status: closed (looking for another PG (Miller?))
Headcoach: Tihomir Bujan

Budućnost 2007/2008:

PG: Nenad Mijatović, Nemanja Gordić, Nikola Lalić, Nikola Otašević
SG: Bojan Bakić, Sead Šehović
SF: Vladimir Micov, Vladimir Dašić, Marko Popović
PF: Vladimir Dragičević, Ivan Maraš, Ljubo Jovanović, Sveto Peković, Igor Luteršek
C: Stevan Milošević, Žarko Rakočević, Vladislav Dragoljović

Headcoach: Dejan Radonjić

player = newcomer
player = already from past season

Picek
10-07-2007, 11:39 AM
are things improving in that direction with Cibona, or was it just a coincidance...I think people were anxious to see the team with a new coach..
If Joke can make players fight the way he was fighting when he was playing I think hall will be packed (on euroleague games ofcourse) no matter the results..
we will see..

Picek
10-07-2007, 07:50 PM
Široki - Slovan 80-78

apparently Široki was leading for most of the game, they even had a 17 points lead and 13 points lead with 2 minutes to go but Slovan had a possible game winning three pointer..
they've missed it..

Buducnost PG
10-07-2007, 08:34 PM
Next gameday will be interesting.

FMP-Partizan
Zadar-Olimpija
Hemofarm-Buducnost
Zvezda-Cibona

This are the best 8 teams of the league for me.

Then

Zagreb-Vojvodina
Helios-Siroki
Slovan-Split

I think we will see a lot tight games here.

jwfish6
10-08-2007, 04:46 AM
where is aleksandrov?

Srle
10-08-2007, 08:30 AM
Injured

Buducnost PG
10-08-2007, 08:54 AM
Dragojlovic could sign for Buducnost in the next days.

Srle
10-08-2007, 06:53 PM
And Vranes for Partizan:D

Genjuro
10-08-2007, 09:24 PM
Injured
Anything serious?

Buducnost PG
10-09-2007, 03:09 PM
Anything serious?

I don´t know what he has. But the coach of Zvezda Karadzic said, that he will be out till the middle of december. I slowly give up my expactations about him becoming a good player.

kololoco
10-09-2007, 06:40 PM
I don´t know what he has. But the coach of Zvezda Karadzic said, that he will be out till the middle of december. I slowly give up my expactations about him becoming a good player.

I think they miss quoted him. He said about Milosevic and Jorovic that they will be out till the midlle of december. In another place they said he said he is traning in a special regiment and will join the team in 10 days.

Buducnost PG
10-10-2007, 06:20 PM
FMP-Partizan 90-80

The game was not on TV, i follwed it per netcasting. FMP gets the better start and was the whole 1st half in the lead. At one point they had a 15 point lead. But Partizan fought back and cut the lead at HT to 2 points. HT score was 44-42. They in the 2nd half Pekovic picked up 2 quick fouls and so he had 3 fouls when 22min where played. He went on the bench and Borovnjak came in. Then Samardziski did what he wanted to do. But the game was open until the last 3 minuets. Partizan get in the lead in the middle of the 3rd quarter, when Palacio made it 54-53 for Partizan. But they hold the lead only for 1min. After that FMP was leading 2-4 points until the last 3 minuets, when they made the winning run.

Partizan definetly needs a deeper Frontcourt. Good things are hat Tepic again made a good game. Pekovic was als good. Palacio with nice FG%, but without a assist. Kecman an Vitkovac were weak today.

Buducnost PG
10-10-2007, 07:31 PM
Looks like there is no defense in the game Zvezda-Cibona. Cook seems to be a very nice addition to Zvezda. He is again great tonight.

elaj
10-10-2007, 07:45 PM
Zadar - Union Olimpija 59:74

Terrible shoting from both sides, but last quarter was decided in favour of Olimpija (great last quarter actually). The only thing which surprised me today is that Olimpija outrebounded Zadar 40:24. :eek:

Helios - Široki 90:79

Slovan lost to Split at home 90:65... I guess the first round victory vs Olimpija was just a coincidence?

Crvena zvezda - Cibona 106:93... defense anyone? :D

Buducnost PG
10-10-2007, 08:04 PM
What i see from Zadar against Buducnost was a joke. I don´t know what they are doing. Stallworth should be the replacment for English, if yes then they have made a pretty good deal.:rolleyes: This player is a absolut joke for now. Only 3 games are played, so we should still wait a little. But i doubt he is as good as English was. And i would prefer that Stipcevic play more. He was good last year and a important player for Zadar.

But it will be interesting. Split play against Domzale this weekend. If they win they will have 3-1. Zadar will play in Brijeg against Siroki. Then we will have dalmatian derby Split-Zadar. Should be interesting.

jwfish6
10-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Tepic, Dragicevic and Samardziski look amazing. Dasic, Mijatovic and Tripkovic are looking not so good.

Roy M
10-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Omar Cook... another great performance. 26 points and 9 ass.
The Red Star in the only unbeaten team in the league.

Joško Poljak Fan
10-10-2007, 08:43 PM
3. round:
Zagreb - Vojvodina 79:99
Bašljan 19, Vladović 14, Garma 12; Golubović 22 +16reb, Bojović 22, Nemeth 19, Djordjević 14 +5as

Ante Tomić who? only excuse for him right now must be being injured, Zagreb is getting demolished under the rim for the 2nd consecutive game...

FMP - Partizan 90:80
Samardzinski 26, Krstović 18 +6as, Djerasimović 13, Labović12; Peković 20, Tepić 18, Palacio 15

Slovan - Split 65:80
Clemons 16, Klobučar 15; Garnett 22, Rudež 16 +9reb, Ivanov 15 +10reb, Perić 13 +9reb

headache for the quocient, obviously slovenian teams are only able to burst out against Olimpija, First win for Split on the road in adriatic league in... 20 consecutive defeats...
Slovan sadly doesn't have the talent pool to survive departures of so many talented players in a short while...

Troha 19, Zagorc 16, Krejič 14 +7reb, Žerak 10 +7reb; Tomas 18 +5as, Perinćić 14, Šola 14

Helios would be a nice team when complete and with some other coach, while for Široki this result means potential battleing with Slovan for the 13th place.
And in the season when BiH could improve to 3 teams with just a decent season by Široki they might have one of the worse seasons in the last few years.

Zadar - Olimpija 59:74
Brewer 16 +7reb, Lalić 16, Gečevski 8; Hukić 21 +8reb, Dragič 14, Milič 13 +7reb +6as, Bailey 9

Aco petrović offered to resign from the coach position, after the game vs. Bodućnost and this (I believe) increadibly boring and unwatchable game something expected. We have yet to see when will Zadar finaly buy some normal foreigners...
Olimpija still doesn't look at it's best, only 21 points in 2nd and 3rd quarter... I guess one more reinforcement wouldn't hurt if the financial state allows it.

Hemofarm - Budućnost 94:72
Vukosavljević 28 +8reb, Joksimovič 22 +6as, Jagodnik 16 +7reb +5as, Pavković 10; Bakić 13, Maraš 13, Micov 12 +5as

expected as far as I am concerned... Jagodnik announced he is going for the quadraple double in the next game :D

Zvezda - Cibona 106:93
Dragičević 30, Cook 27 +9as +5steals, Mišanović 17 +13reb, Marković 11 +5as; Ayuso 27, Hoskins 21, Warren 18, Mulaomerović 10

Now I was claiming that Zvezda is the one that is unimpressive before the season... they are waiting for Jorović, Aleksandrov and Milošević to come back, while I have no words for Cibona... too bad.

Buducnost PG
10-10-2007, 08:45 PM
Tepic, Dragicevic and Samardziski look amazing. Dasic, Mijatovic and Tripkovic are looking not so good.

Mijatovic and Tripkovic are back from injuries. So we should give them some time. But for Tripkovic this is the season, where he has to show, if he is able to become a good palyer or not.

Dasic is looking terrible. If he continues to play like a PF that has to shoot in every game 2 ore mor 3-pointers he will not became a good player. He is not even able to hit 60% of his Freethorws and then he is trying to be a SF. He has to start to play as fulltime PF and to play more in the paint. But i think this is a ilness of most of the PF´s in ex-Yugoslavia.

Tepic so far play much better then last season. I hope he will continue like this. In the last season, he never had 3 games with such a good shooting from the field.

And Dragicevic could become a real good player.

I am asking me what is going on with Ante Tomic. It looks like he is one of the cases like Perovic and Aleksandrov who got overheyped to early. But Perovic still get his job done. He is not a firstclass C, but definetly one who could play in a top8 EL-Team in my opinion.

But it is nice to see Damijan Rudez producing well in the last 2 games. The most time in the last years he was totaly lost, perhaps he will have a good season this year. He is still very young.

Golubovic had also a great game tonight with 22 points and 16 rebounds. As all centers from serbian teams.

FMP - Samardziski great game today
Partizan - Pekovic great game today
Zvezda - Misanovic great game today
Vojvodina - Golubovic great game today
Hemofarm - Vukovavljevic great game today

But Pekovic and Golubovic will play for montenegrin NT and Samardziski is playing for Macedonia.

Buducnost PG
10-10-2007, 08:54 PM
@Matiz

Troha 19, Zagorc 16, Krejič 14 +7reb, Žerak 10 +7reb; Tomas 18 +5as, Perinćić 14, Šola 14

Helios would be a nice team when complete and with some other coach, while for Široki this result means potential battleing with Slovan for the 13th place.
And in the season when BiH could improve to 3 teams with just a decent season by Široki they might have one of the worse seasons in the last few years.

If BIH wants to have 3 places next year, then Siroki should have 13-15 wins. They have only one sure place for next year. To get 2 more they need to have the best score of all countries this year and that is not possible. Siroki is to weak. They will again have around 9 wins. In the best case 11. At the end they again could end up last in the country list, behind Serbia, Croatia and Slovenia.

Joško Poljak Fan
10-10-2007, 09:17 PM
@Matiz

If BIH wants to have 3 places next year, then Siroki should have 13-15 wins. They have only one sure place for next year. To get 2 more they need to have the best score of all countries this year and that is not possible. Siroki is to weak. They will again have around 9 wins. In the best case 11. At the end they again could end up last in the country list, behind Serbia, Croatia and Slovenia.
I realised they were too weak untill now, but you must admit that if they'd win those 15-16 games (which is doable for a decent team that can focus entirely on adriatic league=one game per week... Široki doesn't seem to be that team though- agreed on that) only Serbia might surpass them, and that's not an easy job by having 5 teams in the competition, eventhough serbian domination in adriatic league seems to continue... where the hell are you getting all those young players from dammit :rolleyes::)

koeficient so far:
Serbia: 9/6 - 0.60
Croatia: 5/7 - 0.4167
Slovenia: 4/5 - 0.44
BiH: 1/2 - 0.33
Montenegro 2/1 - 0.66

btw. will Bodućnost again get a wildcard for the next season or does the koeficient imply for them as well?

Buducnost PG
10-10-2007, 09:46 PM
I realised they were too weak untill now, but you must admit that if they'd win those 15-16 games (which is doable for a decent team that can focus entirely on adriatic league=one game per week... Široki doesn't seem to be that team though- agreed on that) only Serbia might surpass them, and that's not an easy job by having 5 teams in the competition, eventhough serbian domination in adriatic league seems to continue... where the hell are you getting all those young players from dammit :rolleyes::)

koeficient so far:
Serbia: 9/6 - 0.60
Croatia: 5/7 - 0.4167
Slovenia: 4/5 - 0.44
BiH: 1/2 - 0.33
Montenegro 2/1 - 0.66

btw. will Bodućnost again get a wildcard for the next season or does the koeficient imply for them as well?

For now i would say we have in Serbia a lot good players, that are able to carry their teams in the NLB to success and also play a good role in the Uleb cup. But that what is missing are highclass players in europe. We have to hope that Tepic, Teodosic, Macvan, Dragicevic and so on became this highclass players. If the trio from Mega Ishrane last year Pekovic, Ratkovica and Rakovic would have stayed in Serbia and signend for one of the serbian clubs, then the teams would be again a bit more stronger. All 3 played nice in the serbian league last year. Rakovic is also playing good in Russia so far. Pekovic and Ratkovica signed for a german club, i think it was Oldenburg. I need to chek how they are doing there.

But even if Siroki is only playing one game per week. Look at the team from Zadar last year. They had a much better roster and also played only one game per week and at the end they had 14 wins and were 7th. Siroki lost their 2 best players with Barac and Opacak. Also the US PG was not that bad, i forgot his name, it was Milton or something like this. Ivan Tomas is a good PG for a team like Siroki in my opinion, but they have no backup. They are not that deep and at the postion C there is a big hole. For me this was from the begining sure, that they will not be the best (in the statistic for the countries) at the end.

The league is weaker for me this year. Again to many good players left like Perovic, Barac, Cummings, Drobnjak, Gurovic, Kus, Jeretin, Cvetkovic, Teodosic, Rasic, English and some more. Hoskin, Ayuso, Cook, Dragic and Palacio are nice additons to the league. But still there is a to big hole.

I don´t see a real strong team this seaon, like we had last year with Partizan, Cibona and FMP. Cibona, Partizan and Olimpija will have a tough time in the EL in my opinion. Olimpija has the strongest group and it will be very difficult for them to adavance into the top16. Cibona has the easiest group in my opinion. But they sould be infront of LeMan and Armani. The group is not that strong by the names of the teams, like A and C. But it is very difficult to play in Vilnius against Rytas and against Aris in Saloniki. Partizan is in the group with 2 favourits for the Final4 in PAO and Real. But we also have Bamberg and Roanne. With a good C/PF with experience i would say, that we would reach the top16 for sure. But not with this roster now. But what i expect is that we have to be infront of Bamberg and Roanne.

But i am asking me what are Silobad, Danilovic and Vujosevic thinking to do with this roster. It looks like we made one step forward last year and now we are going 2 steps back. The only hope is that we get more points from the positions PG-SF this year and that would also mean we need Tepic and Tripkovic to explod this year.

But the world get crazy. In the good old days, we went into the EL to win it. Now we are statisfied with the top16. But to reach the top16 is everything but not easy.

woma
10-10-2007, 10:27 PM
But even if Siroki is only playing one game per week. Look at the team from Zadar last year. They had a much better roster and also played only one game per week and at the end they had 14 wins and were 7th. Siroki lost their 2 best players with Barac and Opacak. Also the US PG was not that bad, i forgot his name, it was Milton or something like this. Ivan Tomas is a good PG for a team like Siroki in my opinion, but they have no backup. They are not that deep and at the postion C there is a big hole. For me this was from the begining sure, that they will not be the best (in the statistic for the countries) at the end.
It was Darren McLinton, and he is still available btw.

Also, wasn't wednesday the first day in a few years that not even one NLB game was broadcasted? Huge disappointment, at least for me.

Markoishvili
10-10-2007, 10:42 PM
http://www.sportnet.hr/index.aspx?page=news&id=350797

Here is a bit about Tomic`s situation. He is in Jusup doghouse, which is rediculous, but...:) On one hand he is right, on the other it a a complete shame Tomic is sitting on the bench in favor of 198cm center Mario Dundovic or 18-year-old and not so talented Darko Novosel.

Srle
10-10-2007, 11:11 PM
I am not high on Golubovic at all. But I am not convince that he will play for Montenegro. I know there was information in media that he will chose Montenegro. Same thing with Pavlovic. Non of them didnt make debut so its still open. Marjanovic didnt play a single minute. I hope it wasn't due coach decision. Maybe he was sick or something. I hope Macvan will play more in the future.

Markoishvili
10-10-2007, 11:54 PM
Golubovic didn`t do anything remarkable yesterday, he got 22 points and 16 rebounds on his sheer size and strenght. He was overpowering Zagreb`s useless frontcourt players under the rim and scored mostly asisted layups/dunks, putbacks. He had a one nice up-and-under move. That was all he created on his own. Runs the court well, is big, has good body and deceptive athleticism. No game outside the painted area, hands are good but not great. Solid to good defender. Will became useful Euroleague center with experience.

Buducnost PG
10-11-2007, 12:40 AM
I am not high on Golubovic at all. But I am not convince that he will play for Montenegro. I know there was information in media that he will chose Montenegro. Same thing with Pavlovic. Non of them didnt make debut so its still open. Marjanovic didnt play a single minute. I hope it wasn't due coach decision. Maybe he was sick or something. I hope Macvan will play more in the future.

do 3 popodne danas mora da se posalje spisak igraca na koje Vujosevic racuna, tako da i Pavlovic mora da se izjasni. Do sad su pristupnicu reprezentaciji CG potpisali, izmedju ostalih i Vladimir Golubović (Vojvodina), Slobodan Tošić (Igokea), Đuro Ostojić (PAOK), Predrag Drobnjak (Partizan), Miloš Borisov (Hemofarm),Milko Bjelica, (Braunšvajg),Ivan Koljević (bez kluba), Goran Jeretin (bez kluba), Nenad Mijatović (Budućnost), Boris Bakić (Partizan), Bojan Bakić (Hemofarm), Vlado Šćepanović (Granada), Nebojša Bogavac (Le Man), Mladen Šekularac (Antverpen), Žarko Čabarkapa (Golden Stejt), Vladimir Dašić (Budućnost), Ivan Maraš (Budućnost), Slavko Vraneš (Budućnost), Goran Nikolić (bez kluba), Nikola Peković (Partizan), Žarko Rakočević (Budućnost), Blagota Sekulić (Real), Ivan Ivanović (Vojvodina), Savo Đikanović (bez kluba), Marko Popović (Budućnost), Balša Radunović (Apoel Kipar), Miloš Minić (Svislajon).

So it is almost sure that he will play for Montenegro. This list was send to the FIBA and he is now registed as montenegrin player.

Buducnost PG
10-13-2007, 10:10 PM
Do you know who is the biggest joke in this league so far?

Siroki? No
Slovan? No
Vranes? Not now, but could be one soon
Dusan Vujosevic? When he is not a Joke?
Aco Petrovic? Almost. 3 games played and he wanted to gave up.

The biggest joke is the backcourt of FMP and their owner Covic. 22 Turnover against a very strong team like Zagreb.:rolleyes: 22 against a team that was blownout against Partizan and Vojvodina. They sold their whole main players in the backcourt with Rasic, Teodosic and Cvetkovic. Now Covic, Stefanovic and Protic are running the point. Djerasimovic and Micic are the best players on SG for now. But that doesn´t matter. What matter is that Covic get his money and his son Filip Covic have the chance to play in the 1st team.

Some more things.

Tepic is countinuing to play nice. Jovanovic from Slovan had 19 FW today, but hit only 7. He had 3 FW more the whole Partizan team. Slavko Vranes with a Index of -5 in 11min against Slovan. Niceley done.:rolleyes: Whole Partizan Team with 20 TO. 6 of them Palacio. The shootseleciont of Nenad Mijatovic is one of the worst in the whole basketball world. Dusan Vujosevic will again miss the game against Helios as last year, because of suspendion.:D

Joško Poljak Fan
10-14-2007, 10:41 AM
Olimpija - Hemofarm 83-75
Hukić 17, Dragič 15, Booker 14, Taylor 12, Bailey 11; Vukosavljević 21, Joksimovič 12, Marković 9

Olimpija controled the whole game, Milič was missing but Hukić and Booker succesfully filled the gap. In the first half Hemofarm was staying close due to their 3 pointers, while Vukosavljević was almost the only one playing in the 3rd quarter with sth. like 12 points. Olimpija would need a defensive minded beast in the paint, that was obvious... with that, along with some better defensive SG/SF player as Anderson (he gets regulary sat down for his defense) untill Ožbolt comes back, I'll be peacefull for the euroleague. Dragič is getting better with every week he spends with the team.

Bodućnost - Zvezda 79-74
Dragojlović 15, Rakočević 11 +8reb, Bakić 11; Mišanović 18, Dragičević 15, Cook 9 +6as, +4steals

Široki - Zadar 79-84
Špralja 20, Zupić 16, Tomas 16 +11as, Štemberber 15; Johnson 19, Gečevski 13 +8reb, Lalić 12, Barać 11

4 players scored 67 out of 79 points for Široki, with both US reinforcements playing together for 8 minutes and a half, I smell replacements... and unless something big changes BiH stays with one club in the next season. Zadar finaly got themselves a victory, but unless their game soon changes in the positive way Petrović will offer resignation in a while.

Split - Helios 85-73
Akins 18 +8as +6steals, Perić 17, Garnett 15, Ivanov 14 +9reb; Žerak 14 +12reb, Ingram 12, Mihelič 12

Split with 3 wins in a row? that didn't happen for a long long, time... all congrats to Split and Subotić, maybee they'll make the fans return to Gripe... Helios stands 1-3 right now, but they've got potential for more, just like Hemofarm, Troha missing is an excuse but they better start producing now...

Slovan - Partizan 61-81
Jovanović 19 (7/19 FT :D), Novak 14, Modrič 11; Palacio 16, Peković 13, Tepić 12 +4 steals, Vitkovac 11, Borovnjak 10

again a headache... which will pass as soon as Klobučar and Nikolič start producing like they did in last season, right now I'm afraid of the possibility of them deteriorating...

Zagreb - Železnik 81-65
Simon 23 +5steals, Vladović 19 +5as +6steals, Tomić 15, Dundović 10; Erceg 24, Samardzinski 12 +12reb, Krstović 8 +5as

Nothing else to add to Bodučnost's comment

Markoishvili
10-14-2007, 02:42 PM
Some thoughts on Zagreb - FMP game

- Tomic was having a great game, he scored surprisingly with ease in the post againts Samardziski and Labovic/Erceg. Got stupid two stupid offensive fouls in a row and fouled out at the start of the 2nd half.
- Covic is even smaller than he is listed and the guy has no shot. He is quick, obviously and has decent distributor and court vision, but he is nowhere near the talent of Popovic, Rasic and Teodosic.
- Djerasimovic is slow for a guard without any emergning skills
- Macvan is the funniest player to look at, the whole crowd was making fun of him. The way he looks and moves. Ofcourse that has nothing to do with his game. Needs to slim down through, he is too fat
- Protic and Lazic can do a good job at the defensive end, but they don`t posses offensive skills to supplement strong frontline. In general there is a large disparity at FMP in terms of backcourt and frontcourt talent. I don`t think they will be that good this year. Around 5th-8th position seems likely.
- Vukoicic is great coach, trapping, pressure on the ball. Thier defense is so fundamentaly sound.
- Simon seems to take his game on another level and Vladovic is more than steady presence for Zagreb. Might turn out to be one of best PGs in the league.
- Sesar is done. He is a backup now in a team like Zagreb. He is one of worst defenders in Europe, while his athleticism is nowhere near like it was.

woma
10-14-2007, 10:53 PM
There are rumours in Poland that Stal Ostrow can try to get back Tony Akins. Anything about it in Croatia? What is the money situation this year in Split? Last year it wasn't good, since it was a reason Otis Hill left a club.

Srle
10-14-2007, 11:55 PM
FMP will be in the TOP 5 again. The league is very weak. Too many players left. FMP is having rough start. But they are still better than Split and Zagreb. I excpect them to blow these team in re matches. Macvan have to play much more. Every time he steps on the floor something good happen. Also Jeremic should start instead of Lazic.Covic Jr is in the team beacuse of his father. He even made the junior national team. Damn he has more minutes per game than Jeremic's and Macvan's minutes combined.
Zvezda need Aleksandrov,Jorovic and Milosevic so bad. Partizan need another center beacuse Vranes is a joke.

Picek
10-16-2007, 02:59 PM
There are rumours in Poland that Stal Ostrow can try to get back Tony Akins. Anything about it in Croatia? What is the money situation this year in Split? Last year it wasn't good, since it was a reason Otis Hill left a club.
I didn't read anything about him leaving or about Split having financial problems..
with this kind of good start into the season IMO there is no way for him to leave..

Joško Poljak Fan
10-16-2007, 03:44 PM
I missed the last game he played (the best one so far)... but if Akins leaves I don't think it would harm Split that much, he was playing absolutely terrible vs. Železnik and his decision making or defense don't make me believe he'll improve that during the season.

Helios - Partizan
one of the worst games I've seen in a while...
Partizan was begging to loose... but Helios had bigger desire for that obviously.
If Memi Bečirovič would still be a coach of Helios (actually it could be said, if Zoran Martič was replaced as Helios HC) Partizan would mostlikely be runned over with such game.
I thought it would be nice from me to forget the coaching of Martič from the past, hoping he learned anything new, but it's the same old story all over again. If he doesn't get fired in a short while Slovenia will only keep 2 spots in the adriatic league for the next season.
and it's unbelievable how many chances can a guy get only due to one or two medals with junior national selections almost a decade ago...

woma
10-16-2007, 03:47 PM
I didn't read anything about him leaving or about Split having financial problems..
with this kind of good start into the season IMO there is no way for him to leave..
Ok, thanks.
I was told that Serbian Fox TV will be new home for LNB games in Serbia. Too bad it's only available in Serbia...

kololoco
10-16-2007, 06:32 PM
FMP will be in the TOP 5 again. The league is very weak. Too many players left. FMP is having rough start. But they are still better than Split and Zagreb. I excpect them to blow these team in re matches. Macvan have to play much more. Every time he steps on the floor something good happen. Also Jeremic should start instead of Lazic.Covic Jr is in the team beacuse of his father. He even made the junior national team. Damn he has more minutes per game than Jeremic's and Macvan's minutes combined.
Zvezda need Aleksandrov,Jorovic and Milosevic so bad. Partizan need another center beacuse Vranes is a joke.

I think you are too harsh. FMP has a very poor pg position this year and tha is the only reason Covic is getting the minutes he is getting. The were greedy and sold Teodosic and have left a big hole in the spot. I think they misscalculated because even if they wanted to force Covic they could have done it with another good pg and not Protic. Macvan on the other hand has to wait his turn with Erceg, Labovic and Samardziski. Jeremic to has to deal with Krstovic, Djerasimovic, Micic and one more youngster they think should get the chance Lazic. But I have no doubt that both of them will finish the season with 20 minutes per game because it isn't to good to push a young player imediately in such a strong competition because he could burn out. First let them get the feel of the game, then give them some more minutes to contribute, and when they gain some experience let them get a prominant role.

Srle
10-16-2007, 10:20 PM
Yhey obviously pushing Lazic and Covic. In my opinion Jeremic is much better than both of them. He was one of the best players in Novi Sad. Lazic is a foul machine. He need to ride bench little bit more.

PHILIPeurobasket
10-17-2007, 02:45 AM

Stal Ostrow buy Brandon Hughes, so they dont need another PG/SG ... Akins will stay in Croatia.

ZoranPlaninic
10-18-2007, 08:55 AM
Can you tell me why San Hoskin do not play in the starting five against Buducnost?
Cibona startes with Vukusic. He is the most important player. Wah he any problem?

Joško Poljak Fan
10-18-2007, 10:04 AM
5th round

FMP - Vojvodina 82:75
Krstović 23, Labović 17, Samardžinski 16 +10reb +3blocks, Erceg 6; Bojović 15, Golubović 13 +10reb, Marković 13 +9reb, Djordjević 13

Slovan - Zagreb 89:102
Clemons 28, Novak 16, Modrič 13; Vladović 27 +11as +4 steals (index 42), Tomić 20, Dundović 20, Simon 15

once more a headache... Slovan was already leading by 15 and managed to loose the game. Changes among the players are imo neccesity now...

Helios - Partizan 54:71
Zagorc 11, Troha 10, Krejič 10; Tepić 13, Veličković 13 +8reb, Peković 12, Palacio 9 +6TO

Zadar - Split 91:70
Lalić 23 +10reb, Brewer 20 +8reb+6as, Gečevski 12 +7reb, Stallworth 10; Akins 14 +8as, Garnett 13, Rudež 12

Hemofarm - Široki 76:64
Joksimovič 14 +5as, Vukosavljević 13, Rakić 11, Božović 11; Tomas 16 +7as, Dijan 14, Špralja 11 +9reb

Zvezda - Olimpija 92:81
Dragičević 30 (6/8 3 pointers), Cook 17 +5as, Marković 17 +6reb +4as, Mišanović 10; Hukić 19, Bailey 17, Dragič 14 +5reb +6as, Dončič 11

Zupan and Taylor were non-existant, while Zupan also joined Booker in playing the worst inside defense I've seen in a while. Olimpija can't repeat as bad defense again, Begič alone should be an improvement let alone Milič...
Dragičević just as in preseason- phenomenal... and first time I've actually seen Markovič playing (usualy he was just moving on court, not actually playing)

Cibona - Budućnost 80:78
Ayuso 16, Warren 14 +9reb, Vukušić 13, Hoskin 11, Princ 10; Micov 17, Bakić 13, Otašević 12

standings:
1. Partizan Igokea 4 / 1
2. Crvena zvezda 4 / 1
3. Union Olimpija 3 / 2
4. FMP 3 / 2
5. Budućnost 3 / 2
6. Split CO 3 / 2
7. Cibona 3 / 2
8. Zadar 3 / 2
9. Zagreb CO 3 / 2
10. Hemofarm 2 / 3
11. Vojvodina 1 / 4
12. Helios Domžale 1 / 4
13. Široki Prima pivo 1 / 4
14. Geoplin Slovan 1 / 4

Markoishvili
10-18-2007, 12:48 PM
Can you tell me why San Hoskin do not play in the starting five against Buducnost?
Cibona startes with Vukusic. He is the most important player. Wah he any problem?

Vrankovic just wanted to give a chance to Vukusic and Kelley againts lower level team like Buducnost. Hoskin will be in starting lineup againts Efes.

Must say Mijatovic is a big disappointment for me. He has made no improvement in the past two years. Nenad has great physical tools, good crossover, excellent release on his shot, but on the other end he is brainless, without poise, bad shot selection, poor defending, really player with low basketball IQ. Thanks to his combination of quickness and shooting he will be useful offensive spark perhaps at the highest european level, but most likely won`t develop into a go-to-PG many projected him to be.

Dasic is another slowly developing Buducnost`s phenom. He was playing just a bit, and perhaps if he wasn`t at all Buducnost would shock Cibona. Playing at the 3 position he has the size advantage, but his lack of ballhandling and consistent shooting prevent him from being effective. Dasic is a real tweener who needs to shape up his game better. He has interesting physical profile to go along with some emerging skills, but will need to either improve his tehnique (shoot, handling) or add some power to play in the post.

Kelley is brainless PG with good quickness, who cannot finish in the lane, cannot defend and take care of the ball. He will make some good pass for a bigmen in the middle here and there, but generally he will be gone as soon as Morovic gets back in shape (approximately in three weeks).

Split made 13 3pts in first half and was losing by 7, that tells you enough. Even if almost everyone was delighted with their "historical" streak of three wins - we need to put things into perspective. Thier only legitmate win was againts struggling FMP (they also had a "wind" from ref`s). Slovan is what it is (worst in Adriatic), and Helios is just a notch better. I don`t like Subotic`s game plan at all. He does a good job of motivating his players and his defensive scheme`s are rock solid, but offensively Split has been playing nothing in his stint (which is still more then in during previous coaches)....put the ball in Akins hands and wait for him to create...or Garnett lunching long ball over defenders hands...they have basiclly two offensive actions - pick and roll and shot off screen. Expecting Hemofarm to beat them by 5-10 points on saturday.

Joško Poljak Fan
10-18-2007, 01:06 PM
Vrankovic just wanted to give a chance to Vukusic and Kelley againts lower level team like Buducnost. Hoskin will be in starting lineup againts Efes.

Must say Mijatovic is a big disappointment for me. He has made no improvement in the past two years. Nenad has great physical tools, good crossover, excellent release on his shot, but on the other end he is brainless, without poise, bad shot selection, poor defending, really player with low basketball IQ. Thanks to his combination of quickness and shooting he will be useful offensive spark perhaps at the highest european level, but most likely won`t develop into a go-to-PG many projected him to be.
I can't avoid Koljević comparison here... Koljević just as Mijatović shined at a very young age, for later developing into a decent player, but nothing close to what a person would say seeing him at the age of 19, 20...
Mijatović did broke his hand in the offseason, that's why i think he does deserve some patience untill the middle of the season...

Kelley is brainless PG with good quickness, who cannot finish in the lane, cannot defend and take care of the ball. He will make some good pass for a bigmen in the middle here and there, but generally he will be gone as soon as Morovic gets back in shape (approximately in three weeks).
haven't seen Cibona yet, but why doesn't he get fired yet?

Split made 13 3pts in first half and was losing by 7, that tells you enough. Even if almost everyone was delighted with their "historical" streak of three wins - we need to put things into perspective. Thier only legitmate win was againts struggling FMP (they also had a "wind" from ref`s). Slovan is what it is (worst in Adriatic), and Helios is just a notch better. I don`t like Subotic`s game plan at all. He does a good job of motivating his players and his defensive scheme`s are rock solid, but offensively Split has been playing nothing in his stint (which is still more then in during previous coaches)....put the ball in Akins hands and wait for him to create...or Garnett lunching long ball over defenders hands...they have basiclly two offensive actions - pick and roll and shot off screen. Expecting Hemofarm to beat them by 5-10 points on saturday.
I agree they should maybee try to play in the post a bit more, with Rudež and Ivanov taking the lead there, but both keep playing on the perimeter too much for my taste

Buducnost PG
10-18-2007, 01:10 PM
I can't avoid Koljević comparison here... Koljević just as Mijatović shined at a very young age, for later developing into a decent player, but nothing close to what a person would say seeing him at the age of 19, 20...
Mijatović did broke his hand in the offseason, that's why i think he does deserve some patience untill the middle of the season...

It was the leg and not the hand. He should start to play as fulltime SG. There he could have the advantage over Koljevic, because he is bigger then it is Koljevic. But it seems like Buducnost had made a new Koljevic after some years.

Joško Poljak Fan
10-18-2007, 01:18 PM
It was the leg and not the hand. He should start to play as fulltime SG. There he could have the advantage over Koljevic, because he is bigger then it is Koljevic. But it seems like Buducnost had made a new Koljevic after some years.
even worse if it's his leg than, I only knew he broke sth. of his in Budva (or whereever, doesn't matter really).
I agree about the SG thing, but as Bakić gets in full shape, he'll probably get the most playing time there...

Markoishvili
10-18-2007, 01:34 PM
Bakic played very well, he even had one monster block on Mulaomerovic`s layup. Popovic was terrible. The funniest moment was when Micov in traffic put to ball in his own basket with his head - never saw something like that.

Joško Poljak Fan
10-20-2007, 05:25 PM
I'm a bit late for today, but Široki decided to broadcast their game on the internet since BiH national TV won't buyout TV rights for NLB league http://upit.siroki.net/live/

Picek
10-20-2007, 07:37 PM
Split was up by 18 (62-44) with 11 minutes to go...
hemofarm won 77-73..
this is a kind of loss that won't be easy to forget.. :rolleyes:

Buducnost PG
10-20-2007, 09:37 PM
Great day for serbian teams. 5 games and 5 wins. Very nice.:D

Slovan was also great again. I realy hope they will be last and will not play next year in NLB again.

Siroki-Zvezda was a bad game. At the end Zvezda was the luckier team and won.

Palacio again to many Turnover. Today 8.:mad:

Srle
10-20-2007, 11:17 PM
Good game by Raduljica. He is much more talented than Samardziski. But Samardziski is much more experienced. I hope he will get more minutes in the future.

Buducnost PG
10-20-2007, 11:38 PM
Good game by Raduljica. He is much more talented than Samardziski. But Samardziski is much more experienced. I hope he will get more minutes in the future.

Yes a good game for him. But still he picked up 4 fouls in 17min against a team like Slovan. As i said before the season. Samardziski is by far the better player for now. He is simply amazing in rebounding and shootblocking so far. And he also hits around 70% of his shots from the field. Raduljica today played more, becuase the game was won in the 1st quarter by FMP and the opponent was the weakest team of the league. And as i said before the season. He could be lucky, if he will get 15mppg throught this season.

Srle
10-21-2007, 06:38 AM
Well he was in the game when Slovan made that las run. And he picked two fouls very late. He was beast on the boards.Samardziski was in a foul trouble whole game. Against same weak Slovan. Samardziski is more experienced but he is not near to Raduljica potential. I think his weakness is his mentality. He remind me of Radmanovic. Great physicall gifts and talent. But he seems not interested in most matches. I hope he will change that. If FMP shop Erceg(I doubt in that now) beacue of latest result. He will get more minutes. Him or Macvan. Labovic is a big disapointment so far.He also playing for FMP II.

Picek
10-21-2007, 10:41 AM
U. Olimpija - Cibona 38-38 HT

our interior defence sucks :mad:
Olimpija with their p&r is doing whatever they want :mad:
and number of our TO's is already too big, it's like Lithuania from Japan :mad:
Ayuso started great but then Joke subbed him too early..

Markoishvili
10-21-2007, 10:48 AM
Olimpija - Cibona 38:38 at HT
- Bailey and Taylor disappointing
- Anderson made his shots
- Dragic is playing with great confidance, he is terrific young PG. NBA material (not sure if Matiz will be happy `bout that).
-Milic is punishing Cibona`s inferior post defense
- Kelley will be gone in three weeks...
- Hoskin is disinteresed and soft defender
- Warren is forcing shots
- clumsy game, expected more agressive Olimpija at the defensive end.

Picek
10-21-2007, 11:53 AM

since Morovic played some minutes finally I don't think Kelley will stay in Zagreb that along..
poor kid, simply unprepared for european bball..
we lost after OT but Olimpija should have hammered us before..
if they will play like this in Siena they will be demolished like Milano was today (95-59 for Siena)..
we made too many TO and our shot selection was horrible..
Ayuso should have go for a layup with the score tied at 73-73..

elaj
10-21-2007, 12:55 PM
Olimpija should have won the game by +15 if they would execute the fastbreaks and easy baskets in 3rd quarter. Hukić should also hit all those open 3pts. Milič was awsome considering he came back from bronhitis.

Cibona was totally dissapointing. As it was said before if Olimpija would have their shooting touch and execute those fastbreaks they had fuckeduped, the game would be over already at the end of 3rd quarter. Bailey and Taylor played good in defense, while offense was really disappointing.

Joško Poljak Fan
10-21-2007, 01:02 PM
sadly... it's Siena waiting in the euroleague, probably one of the most underated and deepest teams in europe. Not in the appropriate moment obviously and on their home court, if Olimpija plays this way over there, 30+ margin is a fact if they are playing anywhere simmilar to the way they did last year... and since they've kept the core of their last years team, I have little reason to believe the opposite.

I am kind of waiting for that agressive defense as well, but instead players seem to be satisfied with setting traps and cutting passes along with awaiting for blocks instead of the typical euro defense Olimpija was known to play in the past. At least they've learned the lesson vs. Zvezda and decreased those meaningless switch-ups instead of following on pick&roll. defending pick&roll isn't that bad either, the problem appears with defending the penetrations when Zupan and Booker are continously falling out, with Hukić and Milič trying to cover for them...

I was loosing my nerves completely with all those flashy overeacted passes as if the game was over at +6 :rolleyes: ... I don't want to see such moves ever again at that point of the game, and it could've cost us the victory. I wouldn't say if it was one move, hey it happens, but trying to showcase an all-star exhibition at +6? Cibona managed to come back that way, while CSKA wouldn't come back but way ahead as well...

once more... Olimpija needs a big man... I don't expect some big efficiency from Begič on euroleague level and obviously Zupan and Booker right now aren't providing things that team needs right now.

Ayuso is uninterested in defense, Mulaomerović has a right to fail sometimes due to his age, while defending pick and role and Dragič's penetrations is what decided the game, Milič played as ussual and if Vukušić and Hoskin would've done their job and look at 2-3 videotapes he wouldn't be able to score all that easy, it was obvious he wasn't at his best and has missed some practices in last week... Olimpija was a bit too passive in defense, but with the longer bench I was surprised Cibona didn't get into bonus in almost 2 quarters. Joke should have some word with his players about the meaning of tactical foul...

Dragic is playing with great confidance, he is terrific young PG. NBA material (not sure if Matiz will be happy `bout that).
Of course I'm not happy about that :D, but he does miss hype (thankfully) and I hope he could somehow slip of the NBA draft radar and get stucked somewhere in late 1st round so he couldn't get the MLE and would be stuck in europe for a while...
His talent was quite obvious from his days in Slovan... now I'm most of all interested on how his case will go on court and if Tau would loose their rights for him. 3rd terrific game in a row I've seen from him, but Bailey and Taylor will have to start contributing some more...

not sure if that's not 3 weeks too late...

Markoishvili
10-21-2007, 03:17 PM
I think Cibona is obviously in a shithole right now. "Mastermind" Mihovil Nakic didn`t do his homework this summer. Selection of players in suspicious to say the least and Cibona never had such a collection of poor defenders. Team cleary has some offensive weapons, but is not balanced and able to present agressivness and stability Cibona usually had on the defensive end of the floor.

Letting Kus go was undestandable and logical, but how the hell they couldn`t keep a really nice team player like Wisnievski. Sure, he wanted to go with Anzulovic, but Ural Great is not playing Euroleague and they are not paying him much better. An increased contract offer would do the deal in my opinion.

Instead they decided to sign a NCAA player without any experience, like there wasn`t documented failures of first year american PGs in Europe. Whoever watched Kelley could already see he wasn`t a good fit for Euroleague basketball in general. But Vrankovic and stuff labeled him as a next Tyus Edney...they were obviously impressed with his life-story. They didn`t watch him in person, just on tape...and bad one indeed. Kelley is poor to awful defender, was playing for an unrespected program, not a good decesion maker. He is fast and can score (didn`t show it through, because he lossed all of his confindance), but he is nowhere near the level needed to run an Euroleague team.

Than they opted for Ayuso. Who is quite controlled and effiecient, so he is proving me wrong so far. But there is reason why he never played on a club of Cibona`s level, if we discount short stint with Zalgiris. He is trying at defense, but his lack of size and lateral quickness prevent him from being adequate defender.

Mulaomerovic is smart ass. His career was literally over after he was led Bruesa to 2nd spanish divison. He seriously discussed with Cedevita, but than Vrankovic came up with offer. Rather than signing this 33-year old, they should have waited and take some fringe NBA player who was cut in the training camp. Mulaomerovic can make shots and draw fouls, he is experienced and can help, but know he is in a position to be thier primary PG. He cannot defend to save his life even in Adriatic league.

Vedran Vukusic was a low key aqcuisition and is proving alright so far. Even if his post defense is suspiocious and is stricly a face up player on offensive end. He is rock solid shooter with energy, fights on glass and has right attitude. Might prove useful. On the other end his lack of physical gifts will prevent him from developing into anything more than marginal performer.

Vedran Princ is a good backup PG from mid-level Adriatic team, but no way he should be playing heavy minutes for a Euroleague squad. He has good size, plays hard on defensive end and is mistake free on offense. The problem is that he cannot create of the dribble, cannot make perimeter shot and is not particularly quick.

Sam Hoskin is a stat-stuffer who is not nearly as impressive in person as he is by watching box-score. He has great hands and is fundamentally sound. Is good perimeter shooter and finds a way to score in the post. He is also excellent interior passer and has some ballhandling skills. Very good and complete offensive player. Hoskin is poor and soft defender, who stuggles to rotate, is not physical, doesn`t box out and plays below the rim. His good rebounding numbers are due to his excellent hands and nice body frame.

So Cibona`s five most important players feature:
Mulaomerovic - awful defender
Ayuso - poor defender
Warren - good defender
Hoskin - poor defender
Andric - below average defender

There might be also a lot of personal issues in the team once Ayuso "explodes" and Vrbanc returns from injury. Joke of a captain Barisa Krasic certainly cannot hold the lockeroom.

I would be very surprised if Cibona manages to qualify for Top 16. Just one sentence on Olimpija, cause i got tired, they are significantly undersized (lightweight Begic will not be able to compete agaitns Euroleague level just yet) and that could be an emerging problem in the Euroleague competition. Bailey, Dragic and Taylor are not particularly good shooters, so that is another. But better balanced team with more potential than Cibona.

jwfish6
10-22-2007, 04:19 PM
Well he was in the game when Slovan made that las run. And he picked two fouls very late. He was beast on the boards.Samardziski was in a foul trouble whole game. Against same weak Slovan. Samardziski is more experienced but he is not near to Raduljica potential. I think his weakness is his mentality. He remind me of Radmanovic. Great physicall gifts and talent. But he seems not interested in most matches. I hope he will change that. If FMP shop Erceg(I doubt in that now) beacue of latest result. He will get more minutes. Him or Macvan. Labovic is a big disapointment so far.He also playing for FMP II.

Anywhere to find the B league stats this year? Last time I checked on the KSS site they did not have any links for stats

so i take that back i just checked the site and the stats are on

Buducnost PG
10-22-2007, 04:56 PM
Anywhere to find the B league stats this year? Last time I checked on the KSS site they did not have any links for stats

so i take that back i just checked the site and the stats are on

http://www.kss.org.yu/stat/

kololoco
10-24-2007, 05:08 PM
Why weren't Macvan and Jeremic on the roster for the game against Slovan does anyone know? And I don't see either in FMP2 although Raduljica is there?

Picek
10-28-2007, 06:31 PM
since Morovic played some minutes finally I don't think Kelley will stay in Zagreb that along..
poor kid, simply unprepared for european bball..

after his impressive performance against Efes Pilsen Kelley had another great performance today against Široki..
14 points on 60% shooting from the floor (5/9 for two, 1/1 for three), 7 rebounds, 4 asists, 2 steals and 0 turnovers..
he was MVP of the game :)
I don't want to jinx him now but he is looking better and better..

Picek
10-29-2007, 09:17 AM
it looks like Shamell Stallworths session with Zadar has come to an end..
he will be fired in the next couple of days..

ArkadiosV2
10-29-2007, 08:40 PM
For what it is worth, Adriatic Lega website is very practical.

Kelley looks hot indeed.

Joško Poljak Fan
11-02-2007, 10:40 AM
2 ref's punished (http://crobasket.com/main.asp?P=Vijest&hn=naslovnica&J=ENG&VijestID=18360) by the league... I didn't watch that particular game, but something has to be done, to me some of this season criteria in the league is strange to say the least. Olimpija gets more favourable refereeing against Olympiakos or Siena than against Bodućnost in Podgorica.

Picek
11-03-2007, 07:51 PM
it looks like Shamell Stallworths session with Zadar has come to an end..
he will be fired in the next couple of days..or after today maybe not..
against FMP in Belgrade he exploded with 30 points and unbelievable shooting percentage
8/9 for two, 2/3 for three and 8/9 FT..
he added 3 asists and 3 steals and 0 turnovers :eek:
Zadar won in Belgrade 88-86 inspite of their frontline being in huge foul trouble..
they've played last 6 or 7 minutes only with Lalić and he had 4 fouls..
gečevski, Štimac and Macura were all out by then with 5 fouls..
oh and yes, the refs were slovenians like always when things like that happen..
I expect Aco Petrovic to make some furious comments about the refs..
where is Macvan?

elaj
11-03-2007, 07:58 PM
One was also Bosnian, so fo. :D

Picek
11-03-2007, 08:02 PM
One was also Bosnian, so fo. :D:D
nothin personal.. but I don't like slovenian refs in this league..
they are disgrace.. :o

elaj
11-03-2007, 08:22 PM
:D
Yeah, Pukl can be a bitch sometimes. Totally off question... untill when is Jure Lalić contracted to Zadar?

Picek
11-03-2007, 08:52 PM
Totally off question... untill when is Jure Lalić contracted to Zadar?don't really know..
but I think this will be his last season in Zadar..
some of big european teams will pick him up after this season for sure..
he is a great talent and with a right treatment he could become a monster..
hopefully he won't be stupid like Bagarić or Šundov and go to NBA before doing something in Europe..

Joško Poljak Fan
11-04-2007, 03:05 PM
me neither, but on the other hand Olimpija is in Podgorica treated as they're playing with consecutive euroleague champions and Bojan Bakić being a legend on the level of Bodiroga winning at least 3 MVP titles in a row...
I don't like refereeing in the whole league in general, the league admited something wasn't right in Zagreb...
...not to mention few years ago when Bosna had to be in top8 and Pipan got sacked with2 different teams because of it- now that was hilarious...

...I don't think anyone wants adriatic league to determine anything with the examples of the ex-league still alive, at least I don't trust referees one single bit since if some small club and historic one as Zvezda/Bosna would have one match to decide the UlebCup participant there is no doubt who would win that.

Buducnost PG
11-04-2007, 07:23 PM
Partizan again with a easy win over Zvezda. This was the 24th win in the over them in the last 32 games. In the last 4-5 minuets Partizan played with a kind of starting 5 C.:D A lot of fans of Zvezda had started how a great team they have and that they will be on top this season. Since yesterday they should be back in reality.

I wish them good luck against Nymburk in Uleb Cup. A Cup that they will play for the next 10 years at least.:D

Picek
11-06-2007, 09:03 PM
Zagreb signed Jure Ruzic :eek:

so they are sticking to their no foreigners politics afterall..
nice..
however it is a big question how much can he help them 'cause he is probably out of shape...

the_black_planet
11-07-2007, 10:15 AM
Guys,I noticed somewhere in these forums a link about the 2nd division of Yugoslavian basketball where I could follow the stats of FMP 2nd team players.But unfortunately I can't find it now.Any gentle guy could provide it for me?Also,I have an arguement with some friends of mine about Mavcan,we watched him only in the U18 tournament final and they compared him with Zoran Savic,but to me he looked like a less athletic Dino Radja!What do you think?And at last,where are Stojacic and Dragovic playing???

Buducnost PG
11-11-2007, 08:08 PM
I am realy suprised that Partizan won against Cibona in Zagreb with 78-77. The game was almost over, but Partizan never gave up and won at the end. Tripkovic with some huge tripels. Tepic with the winning basket. The last 4-5min Partizan played without Pekovic and Palacio. Both fouled out. But also Cibona make it possible to win for Partizan, because of Kelly who hit only 1/2 FW at the end (in the game he had 1/6) and made a Turnover in the last attempt. Partizan totaly outrebounded Cibona with 45-23. Cibona had 5 offensivrebounds and after 4 of them, they made a basket. Partizan had around 13, but often did nothing with them. The 3-point precentage of Partizan was again bad and again to many lost balls. Today 19. Vranes did a good job today in defense with 8 boards and 5 blocks.:D

Joško Poljak Fan
11-11-2007, 09:09 PM
actually i think there were 3 TO's by Kelley on the last few possesions, + Arroyo being optimistic and all trying to lay on the second rim against Vraneš :rolleyes: ... you just can't play in the last few minutes the way Cibona has. compared to 2-3 years ago, this was far from the old derby... Partizan players deserve congrats for not giving up, while Cibona's players deserve... 5-6 extra practices in early morning hours to start feeling bad about themselves...

Martič has to leave Helios. 2 wins with this team?! please... this is the third game in a row which Helios screwed up in the last 5 minutes, together with screwing up the first game vs. Bodučnost the exact same way... instead of having 5-4 score or at least 4-5, they're cemented at the 13th place in the league, while the toughest games are yet to come... congratulations Martič... and congratulations to anyone that might hire him in the future...

kololoco
11-13-2007, 10:25 AM
Macvan is likely to sign for Partizan when he turns 18 and do the same as Aleksandrov:(

Buducnost PG
11-13-2007, 10:39 AM
Macvan is likely to sign for Partizan when he turns 18 and do the same as Aleksandrov:(

And why is this a bad thing? It is better for him to move to Partizan, then to stay in FMP and then get sold with 19 years to a club in Spain, Greece and so on.

kololoco
11-13-2007, 11:32 AM
Because I am a Red star fan:)

Picek
11-17-2007, 06:06 PM
Zvezda won at FMP 86-83

but what a disgrace..
and ofcourse Sašo Pukl was involved :D
just take a look at FT attempts..
FMP got 4 or 5 technical fouls..
2 of them in the last 2 or 3 minutes :D
none of them really existed..
Pukl even asked security escort one man out from the hall 'cause he was cursing him :D
and all of that happened in half empty hall..
I don't give a fuck about any of those two teams, I even won my bet on Zvezda but this was a disgrace :rolleyes:

Buducnost PG
11-17-2007, 06:15 PM
Zvezda won at FMP 86-83

but what a disgrace..
and ofcourse Sašo Pukl was involved :D
just take a look at FT attempts..
FMP got 4 or 5 technical fouls..
2 of them in the last 2 or 3 minutes :D
none of them really existed..
Pukl even asked security escort one man out from the hall 'cause he was cursing him :D
and all of that happened in half empty hall..
I don't give a fuck about any of those two teams, I even won my bet on Zvezda but this was a disgrace :rolleyes:

It where 5. 3 in the 1st half and 2 in the 2nd.

Buducnost PG
11-24-2007, 04:48 PM
And a new win for Partizan in NLB league. Today we won in Ljubljana against Olimpija with 83-60. Partizan finished the game with the following 5.

Tepic
Riznic
Milosevic
Borovnjak
Djurkovic

Marko Milic get injured during the 1st quarter and after that not entered the game. I hope he will be fine for the game against Virtus.

We are 10-1 now in NLB.:D :cool:

Joško Poljak Fan
11-24-2007, 05:27 PM
And a new win for Partizan in NLB league. Today we won in Ljubljana against Olimpija with 83-60. Partizan finished the game with the following 5.

Tepic
Riznic
Milosevic
Borovnjak
Djurkovic

Marko Milic get injured during the 1st quarter and after that not entered the game. I hope he will be fine for the game against Virtus.

We are 10-1 now in NLB.:D :cool:
:rolleyes: if Olimpija was playing half as good as vs. CSKA you'd be finishing with that lineup as well, but on the other hand Taylor never heard of Tepić or Tripković so by his opinion they're not called Macijauskas/Langdon and aren't worth a try defending and out of 3 americans Taylor was actually the best :cool: ...better not to start about Bailey and Booker...
congratulations to Partizan, but this performance blew away the bottom of a barrel, 6th unorganised game in a row with Olimpija playing on a level of 2nd hungarian division is too much, they really got me pissed on this one. Booker, Bailey and Anderson must go and I don't care if I'll have to watch Močnik for 35 minutes and Mulalič for 20 minutes in Bologna, they've lost all their credit from both euroleague home wins as far as I am concerned. Olimpija is in a deep crisis and I want changes now since games like this are anti propaganda for basketball and won't help saving the club a bit.

for gods sake Milošević and Borovnjak were joking from us worse than they'd be playing vs. guys in their own age cathegory :rolleyes:

won't go far with the referees, but the treatment Olimpija is getting in this league is not even ridiciolus but more of hilarious and than people whine about Pukl (I wholefully agree about his incompetence), I wouldn't whistle normaly either in this league... no one does...

Buducnost PG
11-24-2007, 10:38 PM
:rolleyes: if Olimpija was playing half as good as vs. CSKA you'd be finishing with that lineup as well, but on the other hand Taylor never heard of Tepić or Tripković so by his opinion they're not called Macijauskas/Langdon and aren't worth a try defending and out of 3 americans Taylor was actually the best :cool: ...better not to start about Bailey and Booker...
congratulations to Partizan, but this performance blew away the bottom of a barrel, 6th unorganised game in a row with Olimpija playing on a level of 2nd hungarian division is too much, they really got me pissed on this one. Booker, Bailey and Anderson must go and I don't care if I'll have to watch Močnik for 35 minutes and Mulalič for 20 minutes in Bologna, they've lost all their credit from both euroleague home wins as far as I am concerned. Olimpija is in a deep crisis and I want changes now since games like this are anti propaganda for basketball and won't help saving the club a bit.

for gods sake Milošević and Borovnjak were joking from us worse than they'd be playing vs. guys in their own age cathegory :rolleyes:

won't go far with the referees, but the treatment Olimpija is getting in this league is not even ridiciolus but more of hilarious and than people whine about Pukl (I wholefully agree about his incompetence), I wouldn't whistle normaly either in this league... no one does...

Yeah yeah if if.:D :D If Partizan had played with 100% it would be more then +23.:rolleyes:

Now without joking.

I think there is no chemistry by your team. You have only centers on paper. But IMO Bailey and Anderson should be fired, when Gorenc and Ozbolt are back. Anderson even earlier. Mocnik should get his chance more often in front of Bailey.

Booker and Rizivc get owned today. Best situation was when 1st Borovnjak and then Vranes blocked Rizvic.:D Or at on situation when Rizvic was posting up against the 10cm smaller Milosevic and still couldn´t make the basket. Booker should play more under the basket. He is more around the 3-pointline then under the basket. That is no Center. No Center for Olimpija.

And the reporter on SLO2 was right, when he said that some of these american players, are not worth to wear Olimpija jersey.

Olimpija should search for a real center. But it is not easy to find a good one at this moment.

And did you know something about the injury of Milic?

Joško Poljak Fan
11-25-2007, 09:46 AM
Yeah yeah if if.:D :D If Partizan had played with
I think there is no chemistry by your team. You have only centers on paper. But IMO Bailey and Anderson should be fired, when Gorenc and Ozbolt are back. Anderson even earlier. Mocnik should get his chance more often in front of Bailey.

Booker and Rizivc get owned today. Best situation was when 1st Borovnjak and then Vranes blocked Rizvic.:D Or at on situation when Rizvic was posting up against the 10cm smaller Milosevic and still couldn´t make the basket. Booker should play more under the basket. He is more around the 3-pointline then under the basket. That is no Center. No Center for Olimpija.

And the reporter on SLO2 was right, when he said that some of these american players, are not worth to wear Olimpija jersey.

Olimpija should search for a real center. But it is not easy to find a good one at this moment.

And did you know something about the injury of Milic?
you're absolutely right about all this, my point of view exactly, with more than 23 margin if Partizan decided to play included, which just makes the reality even worse and more cruel...
Booker should either play under the rim and stop with his jump shots, but he obviously doesn't have any proper center technic to show it on court, at least I haven't seen any move of his like that yet and as far as I am concerned he can go wherever he wants to and I won't care one bit... Slovan maybee :D...
Močnik does tend to screw up things at some moments, but with him in the game the game is just much more fluid and agressive than with Bailey that honestly yesterday seemed as on weed or nt giving a f*ck about winning or loosing since Memi didn't use him untill the end of 2nd Q and just went solo everytime he got the ball. I hope there will be no need to use him again on any game .
The time couldn't be more unapropriate than this, but imo Anderson and Bailey should get fired right away... i mean we ove big ammounts of money to loads of players, I don't care if we get one more Bailey on the list, as long as he gets away from the team. I'm sure he would be welcomed instead of Clemons in Slovan, but definately not a player for any significant level... and his strenght are supposed to be team-play :rolleyes:
Rizvič is just Rizvič, but I think he'll get his share in the next games, he did get fouled twiced imo, while of course those 2 blocks on a row are inexcusable, but aren't likely to happen in euroleague as no other team has Vranješ ;)

Milič reportedly twisted his ankle, hopefully he'll be ready for euroleague game.

once again congrats to Partizan, at this moment the best team in adriatic league, although I wouldn't mind if we sucked just a bit less, to at least make it a D of a derby...

Buducnost PG
12-01-2007, 09:49 PM
Slovenians whats up with you?:D All 3 teams won and nobody is writing something about it. Slovan beat Cibona 85-81.:D Great job.:D Helios beat Red star by 15 points or so.:D And Olimpija finaly won against Zagreb in Zagreb. Baily and Hukic had a very nice game.

FMP is still strugeling. They los the 8 game in the row. Buducnost beat them 79-76. Bakic hit a 3-pointer in the last second for the win.

Zadar easily beat Hemofarm in Zadar. Joksimovic had a very bad game today. He had Index of -5 at the end.

Vojvodina easily beat Split. Ivanovic had a good game for Vojvodina. Stipanovic with a very good game for Split with 20p and 17reb and 4ast.

And Partizan won with 81-71 against Siroki.

jwfish6
12-06-2007, 01:04 AM
I dont really understand why FMP made it such a big deal that they were calling the 5 young players up from FMP 2. More than likely none will play much and all still play on FMP 2 anyways. I hope Musli will get minutes but it is unlikely. Raduljica can not even get enough. If they got rid of Erceg it would be perfect. Where has Macvan been? Is he injured or just not playing since he turned 18?

PRSURF
12-06-2007, 02:27 AM
Where is Shariff Fajardo?

Buducnost PG
12-06-2007, 02:36 AM
Where is Shariff Fajardo?

http://www.adriaticbasket.com/igraci.php?id=940

His team is on the last place at the moment with a score 2-12.

PRSURF
12-06-2007, 02:48 AM
http://www.adriaticbasket.com/igraci.php?id=940

His team is on the last place at the moment with a score 2-12.Wow, thanks.

Joško Poljak Fan
12-06-2007, 02:29 PM
Slovenians whats up with you?:D All 3 teams won and nobody is writing something about it. Slovan beat Cibona 85-81.:D Great job.:D Helios beat Red star by 15 points or so.:D And Olimpija finaly won against Zagreb in Zagreb. Baily and Hukic had a very nice game.
I guess we were all to shocked that all 3 teams won, for the first time after 2004 :eek: ...wow, that was really long streak... that happens when every season one team decides to suck.

Helios got Močnik back, while Janža and Moro are slowely returning from the injuries as well. If Močnik could develope up to the hype from 4 years ago he might become one of the better PG's in the league as he is showcasing in last two games (NLB+1.A skl). Helios still lost too many games in the last minutes, they might get few wins more easily with some luck or a better coach but I hope this game would become a turning point for them.

Slovan finaly registered DeMarco Johnson, Cibona probably took them too easy, but I don't doubt much with DeMarco Slovan improved... afterall I can't exactly understand what's going on with him, after his performances with Olympiakos few years back and Olimpija two seasons ago I'd say he could earn much more than Slovan is giving him :confused:
Slovan is 4-4 in slovenian league (prepare for slovenians demaning 5th team in NLB :D:p) and I have a feeling Laško or Krka might surpass them in the championship and qualify to next edition of NLB. hopefully Krka would be the one with their main sponsor waking up they could gather a respective team once again... Laško would again average 300 fans per game unless they would be the leading team...

anyway, nice round I must say :p I wouldn't mind if that would repeat from time to time.

And Partizan won with 81-71 against Siroki.
no secret I'd prefer Široki ending last, Slovenia keeping 3 spots and Bosna in adriatic league next season, but with Fajardo and that other guy they've brought it seems they improved a bit, otherwise they wouldn't be loosing by 10 points only.

Vojvodina is surprising me lately, while if FMP was getting rid of Erceg and maybee even Samardzinski to develope Musli and Mačvan the situation would be perfect for any team but themselves... they'd make loads of team a favour than :rolleyes:

Buducnost PG
12-06-2007, 03:23 PM
I guess we were all to shocked that all 3 teams won, for the first time after 2004 :eek: ...wow, that was really long streak... that happens when every season one team decides to suck.

Helios got Močnik back, while Janža and Moro are slowely returning from the injuries as well. If Močnik could develope up to the hype from 4 years ago he might become one of the better PG's in the league as he is showcasing in last two games (NLB+1.A skl). Helios still lost too many games in the last minutes, they might get few wins more easily with some luck or a better coach but I hope this game would become a turning point for them.

Slovan finaly registered DeMarco Johnson, Cibona probably took them too easy, but I don't doubt much with DeMarco Slovan improved... afterall I can't exactly understand what's going on with him, after his performances with Olympiakos few years back and Olimpija two seasons ago I'd say he could earn much more than Slovan is giving him :confused:
Slovan is 4-4 in slovenian league (prepare for slovenians demaning 5th team in NLB :D:p) and I have a feeling Laško or Krka might surpass them in the championship and qualify to next edition of NLB. hopefully Krka would be the one with their main sponsor waking up they could gather a respective team once again... Laško would again average 300 fans per game unless they would be the leading team...

anyway, nice round I must say :p I wouldn't mind if that would repeat from time to time.

no secret I'd prefer Široki ending last, Slovenia keeping 3 spots and Bosna in adriatic league next season, but with Fajardo and that other guy they've brought it seems they improved a bit, otherwise they wouldn't be loosing by 10 points only.

Vojvodina is surprising me lately, while if FMP was getting rid of Erceg and maybee even Samardzinski to develope Musli and Mačvan the situation would be perfect for any team but themselves... they'd make loads of team a favour than :rolleyes:

You are absoulutly right about Helios. I mean they played a very nice season last year and the also keeped a lot players from last season. The lost Pavic (where is he now?) and Doncic. I saw 3 games of them this season. The 1st against Buducnost, the one against Olimpija and the one against Slovan. They lost all of this 3 games, but especially on a very stupid way against Slovan. Slovan hit a 3pointer with 3sec to go after they grabbed a offensivrebound before. Helios also missed some FW´s in the end. Against Buducnost they played OK and had a nice period, but then they were not able to hit a basket for couple of minuets and so Buducnost get the win. Against Olimpija they played a nice 1st half. But Olimpija is on the opponent where they have to search for a win. But as you said, they lost to many games at home for now and that against teams like Buducnost, Vojvodina and FMP. I think they will not be last, but i checked the last 14 games of Slovan, Siroki, Helios and Zagreb and Helios will have 8 games on the road and 6 at home.

Slovan beat 2 euroleague teams with Olimpija and Cibona. But they will face a hard 2nd round with 9 of the following 14 games on the road. For me they are to focused on only devoloping players to be able to sell them away after one time. Sure that they can do this and they have the right to do this, but selling players like Dragic, Vidmar and Preldzic that early to clubs like Fener and Tau is not the best for slovenian basketball in my opinion. I think that a team like Krka would be a better NLB team for slovenia.

Siroki get better with Fajardo and Pedroza but they are still missing a decent Center. IMO they have no real center in the team. On paper it looks like they have easier games in the 2nd round the the teams mentionend abowe. They will have 8 games at home and 6 on the road. The big problem of them is that they are not able to win on the road for a very long time. So the home games are very very important for them.

Vojvodina is playing good for there possibilities. They won easily against Split and also played quite well in Zadar for around 35min. But then they were not able to made a basket. But i also think that their coach is not the best. It is a nice result for them to have 6/6 now, but i think that they could have grabbed a win more with better coaching. They lost a won game against Slovan and also against Zvezda they lost in the last seconds.

FMP is a factory. They have no fans and no tradition. Their 1st goal is to sell players and get good money for them. And then we have the case in this season that the son of Nebojsa Covic (the owner of the club, for the people that are not informed about it) Fili Covic had to play and be the main PG. FMP=Filip must play:D . But i will say it here what i also said for Slovan. They have the right to sell the players, but the think that dissapoints me is that they are talking about hey we are producing talented players and so on and then sell the players to early to a big club. They are not realy interested if it is the right choice now or not. That what matters is the money and that´s it. If they would sell the players to Partizan or Olimpija for a fair price we would be lucky.;) But this is not the case. The same happend with Ukic and Tomas. Both were sold from medicore NLB teams to one of the biggest clubs in europe and get barley playing time. And now they are both on loan. They are both improving. But i am sure, that if both would have gone to Cibona or some other teams where they could have played one from the begining they would be better players now. Because both of them were great in NLB in my opinion and croatias biggest talents. But the problem is that only the biggest clubs have the money buy this players.

And also Zagreb is in the game for the last place. I wrote a post on troglav.net forum last weekend with the opponents for Slovan, Helios, Siroki and Zagreb and i will put it here now.

Siroki
H Zagreb
H FMP
A Slovan
H Helios
A Zadar
H Hemofarm
A Zvezda
H Cibona
A Buducnost
H Olimpija
H Vojvodina
A Split
H Partizan
A Zagreb

Zagreb
A Siroki
A Split
H Partizan
A Vojvodina
A FMP
H Slovan
A Helios
H Zadar
A Hemofarm
H Zvezda
A Cibona
H Buducnost
A Olimpija
H Siroki

Helios
A Cibona
A Buducnost
H Olimpija
A Siroki
H Split
A Partizan
H Zagreb
A FMP
H Slovan
A Vojvodina
A Zadar
H Hemofarm
A Zvezda
H Cibona

Slovan
A Buducnost
A Olimpija
H Siroki
A Split
A Partizan
A Zagreb
H FMP
A Vojvodina
A Helios
H Zadar
A Hemofarm
H Zvezda
A Cibona
H Buducnost

Joško Poljak Fan
12-06-2007, 04:57 PM
Pavič will reportedly be a free agent soon, leaving AEK. It will be interesting to see where he'll end up next already this late in the season. Both Slo teams oin adriatic league could use him imo.

Haven't realised Slovan and Helios have that many away games untill the end of the season, I guess especially Helios might surprise on one or maybee accidently two games on the road, while winning half of their home games. Imo they've already spent the chance to achieve something more than 9th-10th place this season.
While for Slovan... I'll still be just happy if they don't finish last and maybee beat Široki and Zagreb.

Krka has some home-raised players from which 1-2 might end up with probably decent career, while most of all, they'd fill the arena competing in adriatic league after all this time again... I am also cheering for them to return back.

Sure that they can do this and they have the right to do this, but selling players like Dragic, Vidmar and Preldzic that early to clubs like Fener and Tau is not the best for slovenian basketball in my opinion.
Most definately agree on this subject. The examples of players going abroad too soon are clear, all the way from (as you said:) Ukič, Tomas to Lončar, Slokar, Perović, Teodošić, Vidmar, Omerhodžić, Preldžić, Rašić, Kešelj, Bojan Bogdanović and on and on...
If Slovan managed to keep Dragič and Zupan last year and Vidmar, Preldžić, Begić this year they'd be a solid teams in both seasons... not even starting on FMP, since all they need is Rašić or Teodošić and that would improve their W/L ratio by a lot this year.

Managers are the ones to blame, selling clouds in the skies to youngsters, than they get in a loaded team with absolutely no patience for their development... not to mention home-raised talent always gets an advantage (sth. normal). Ex-Yu area has a clear edge on developing players towards Spain, Italy, Russia... thanks to Aca Nikolić, other former coaches and former league that consequently left enormous knowledge of bball in the area. Yet players are leaving and underdeveloping later, because leaving too soon or by getting a chance at a very young age on a level way too high for them with everybody persuading them they're the next MJ's, ussualy later turning from an all-round prospect into a 3point throwing machine because of it.
I get sort of alergy whenever I read something about the next big thing out of the balkans when a 17 years old scores some points in adriatic league, since we all know that story already...
this way I prefer guys as Dragič jr., Vesely, Krušič, both Močnik's and some others in Slovenian clubs not receiving all that hype... it's better for them...

FMP=Filip must play
I think he might turn out into a decent player someday, nevermind his father... in Slovenia there were constant complaints about the Lorbek brothers being privileged as well...

FMP might not have fans and tradition, but people like to watch young home-made talents and if Čović would decide to make a step further (=keeping some of his players for at least a bit longer) the team would get some nice results and also more fans...

ArkadiosV2
12-09-2007, 06:54 PM
Pekovic 33 points and 11 rebounds. This player is just amazing.

Joško Poljak Fan
12-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Pekovic 33 points and 11 rebounds. This player is just amazing.
Split has some solid talented big mans as Stipanović and Ivanov, but they're definately no match for Peković.

News of the round, Zadar has won vs. Crvena Zvezda in Pionir for the first time since 1976 !!! nevermind that in some seasons of the 80ies they were probably one of the best teams in europe.
After underperforming for the last 2-3 seasons in the league, they're no.2 s far. hopefully that'll last for ome time.

After the last round upset, slovenian teams lost all 3 games. Olimpija was too tired and too inacurate vs. Železnik that should be beaten easily on an average day. Yet Hukić missed all 11 attempts from 3pointer...
Helios was leading for most of the game vs. Cibona, got up to 15 points lead, but as usuall for this season, they managed to lose the game in the final minutes.

Široki had an ideal chance to get rid of the last place when hosting Zagreb, but as far as I've read they've shown the worst game in the season to 13th placed team back than... losing to Helios and Slovan in the next few rounds might as well mean they're gone from adriatic league for next season.

Joško Poljak Fan
12-17-2007, 11:53 AM
Široki again lost in the last minutes. FMP looks less and less conviencing, nevermind their win in Ljubljana. Maybee that will give Čović a thought and he might consider keeping some of the players letting go just the most obvious ones as Erceg and Samardzinski (i'd love that kid in Olimpija btw. :))

one more big away win for Zadar, this time vs. Cibona... needless to say I'd love to have Gečevski in Olimpija :)

Other results were more or less expected, Vojvodina held on their own vs. Partizan till the last minutes, Olimpija revenged to Slovan for their loss in 1st round, Hemofarm obviously keeps getting better and better and after starting with 1-3 score, they got 8-2 partial since... yet to see them in their new form, but seems like Marshall was a great adition to the team. Too bad Marjanović is injured, he is extraordinary useful for a man his height. They'll be the team defending honor of NLB league in Uleb Cup this season.

standings after 14th round:
1. Partizan 13 / 1
2. Zadar 11 / 3
3. Hemofarm 9 / 5
4. Crvena zvezda 9 / 5
5. Union Olimpija 8 / 6
6. Budućnost 8 / 6
7. Cibona 8 / 6
8. FMP 7 / 7
9. Vojvodina 6 / 8
10. Split 6 / 8
11. Zagreb 4 /10
12. Slovan 4 / 10
13. Helios 3 / 11
14. Široki 2 / 12

jwfish6
12-23-2007, 06:25 PM
What do you think about the Macvan sell? It's hard to understand FMP. They sell their top two prospects Macvan and Teodosic. Do you think Macvan will play much in Hemofarm?

elaj
12-23-2007, 06:36 PM
What do you think about the Macvan sell? It's hard to understand FMP. They sell their top two prospects Macvan and Teodosic. Do you think Macvan will play much in Hemofarm?
They didn't sell him. He didn't have a pro-contract with FMP, just a youth one which expired as soon as he celebrated his 18 birthday.

FMP wanted to keep him and they also offered him a pro-contract, but he rejected it and signed with Hemofarm instead. Hemofarm was obligated to pay 150.000€ to FMP, because of the youth transfer rules in Serbia. Mačvan could sign a contract with some other club from out of Serbia, but that club would need to agree with FMP on the buy-out.

Buducnost PG
12-23-2007, 07:56 PM

The 1st goal of the club FMP is selling players. But not in the way as it happend with Macvan. There goal is to sell the players like they did it in the case of Teodosic, Savanovic, Cvetkoviac and so on, when they can get good money for them. In the most cases the prices are at least 400.000€. For Teodosic they get 1,2mio€.

Hemofarm has a good Frontcourt. Vukosavljevic/Marijanovic/Macvan/Savovic and Bozovic. Macvan will surley get his minuets, but i don´t expect him to play more then 20min ppg this season. But the most important thing will be if he is able to use this 20min good and produce good numbers. No there is a small break of 2 weeks. There he can adjust better with his teammates and i expect him to play against Buducnost in 5th January.

Srle
12-24-2007, 08:01 AM
I think Macvan made good choice. Hemofarm is much more serious club than both FMP and Zvezda. They resigned both Vukosavljevic and Joksimovic. They added very good player in Jagodnik. And they made steal with addition of Marshall. In Macvan they got fantastic player who will have simillar role this year like he had last summer in Novi Sad. Nikolic will know how to use him. We also might see this year all three golden boys on the court at the same time at some point. They will be very tough opponent for Partizan in Serbian league. I excpect them in finals. They will be even stronger next year when all these youngsters get valuable experience.Macvan,Markovic,Marjanovi
Savovic and Nikolic is very nice young core. They need to rid of Pavkovic. And get player like Vukasin Aleksic.
As far FMP goes they only think about profit.I think they will lost both Musli and Djekic when they turn 18 years. Also they getting too many talented kids that are playing on same position. I am talking about cadets and juniors. And half of those players are being wasted beacuse they cant get real chance beacuse of competition or wrong selection. They are very greedy. Partizan and Zvezda are doing same. But FMP is way above them.

Buducnost PG
12-24-2007, 11:52 AM
I think Macvan made good choice. Hemofarm is much more serious club than both FMP and Zvezda. They resigned both Vukosavljevic and Joksimovic. They added very good player in Jagodnik. And they made steal with addition of Marshall. In Macvan they got fantastic player who will have simillar role this year like he had last summer in Novi Sad. Nikolic will know how to use him. We also might see this year all three golden boys on the court at the same time at some point. They will be very tough opponent for Partizan in Serbian league. I excpect them in finals. They will be even stronger next year when all these youngsters get valuable experience.Macvan,Markovic,Marjanovi
Savovic and Nikolic is very nice young core. They need to rid of Pavkovic. And get player like Vukasin Aleksic.
As far FMP goes they only think about profit.I think they will lost both Musli and Djekic when they turn 18 years. Also they getting too many talented kids that are playing on same position. I am talking about cadets and juniors. And half of those players are being wasted beacuse they cant get real chance beacuse of competition or wrong selection. They are very greedy. Partizan and Zvezda are doing same. But FMP is way above them.

I don´t agree in the case with Partizan and young players. I am speaking about our youth selection. We have at PG Vlahovic (90), SG Sepa (90), SF Riznic (90), PF Bilic (90), C Stojanovski (91 217cm tall). 3 of them are players from the U16 in 2006 of Serbia.

Then we have born in 89. SF Tapuskovic, SG Cvoro, PF Jelovac and C Balaban. Another good talent is Jaramaz who is born in 91 and plays as SG. But i don´t rate this kids from 89 generation that high as the 90 from us. There are also some other players. Sepa´s rights belong to Partizan, but he is still playing for Zemun this season. Then the club of Dragan Lukovski Sportkey is partner of Partizan Belgrade. Partizan have the rights on every player they wish. Thi summer they brought in Jelovac and Balaban. In the future Tomislav Ivosev could come to Partizan from them.

But i agree with you that some clubs have to much players and they are not able to let them all play. So some of them stick in their development. But this is the situation, because every club in Serbia tries to eran big money throught transfers. In a lot of cases the clubs need the money to finance a part of the budget throught it, because good sponsors are missing in serbia.

Srle
12-24-2007, 04:05 PM
All three clubs are doing that. They are stealing kids from smaller clubs. For nothing. Koledz,Cerak,Ofi Basket and Red Star are some of the clubs that they are getting talented kids from. Thats only Belgrade region. Not to mention kids from other parts of Serbia or Republika Srpska. Problems are rules and regulation that goes in hand with these bigger clubs.

Buducnost PG
12-24-2007, 05:07 PM
All three clubs are doing that. They are stealing kids from smaller clubs. For nothing. Koledz,Cerak,Ofi Basket and Red Star are some of the clubs that they are getting talented kids from. Thats only Belgrade region. Not to mention kids from other parts of Serbia or Republika Srpska. Problems are rules and regulation that goes in hand with these bigger clubs.

So FMP. Hemofarm and Partizan are stealing even kids from Red Star? But stealing is not the correct word. It is normal that a talented player from this small clubs moves to bigger ones. It is better for the development of them. But in some cases, they have to much players. So the rule should be changed.

Srle
12-24-2007, 06:53 PM
Nope Partizan is getting kids from OFI Basket. Problem is that they dont pay those small clubs for those kids. Beacuse of that smaller clubs have finacial and all sort of problems. While bigger clubs pilling more and more players that usually playing on same position. For one good player they will ruin ten other kids. Respect for Beovuk and Zemun. I think there should be some rules and regulations to protect smaller clubs.

jwfish6
12-25-2007, 12:29 AM
Partizan 2 should not of given up their spot in the 1B League. They traded spots with someone, i believe Novi Sad.

Markoishvili
12-25-2007, 01:13 PM
FMP sold Macvan while his stock is high. There is a legimate chance that Macvan will not become a big time player in european basketball, since as skilled as he is, Milan is also short, fat and slow.

Srle
12-25-2007, 04:53 PM
Funny guy.First of all you are clueless. And apparently you dont know much about basketball. FMP didnt sell Macvan. Macvan left FMP. Macvan is not that short is 206 cm tall. It is a good size for PF. For European standards. Skola,Garbajosa,Zoran Savic are not that taller than him and they have or had great careers. He can improve his body and speed. He admited that he has to work on his body and stamina. He has excellent basketball skills and he posses great charisma. Has great passion for game. In contrast with some of our past big prospects with great physical abillities we can call them busts now:(Milicic,Bogdanovic,Aleksandrov)etc. He made great decision by not leaving the country(there was many offers from big clubs). And i am sure he will prove you wrong very soon.

Markoishvili
12-25-2007, 05:18 PM
When i recently talked to Vukoicic he said Hemofarm and Partizan backed off from contract talks with Macvan because of respect they had for FMP. Didn`t actually read news reports on his signing, i assumed there was (maybe is) some kind of a deal with FMP and Hemofarm including fee or % of his future transfer.

However, as far as i know FMP was not really high on him and was not considered type of prospect Raduljica is, let alone Musli. Vukoicic wasn`t satisfied with his conditioning, he came to the training camp overweighted with considerable body fat and that didn`t improve in the meantime. Vukoicic refused to give him playing time and kid was a little bit high on himself following terrific performance at U-18 championship.

Saw him two times in person this year and also some games on TV. He looks undersized compared to other players so i doubt he is really 206cm tall. He played for short stints and seemed very agressive and eager to make a contribution eventually coming up with some hustle plays, but his physical limitations were obvious. He also looks weird on the court and whole crowd was making fun of him, but that does not have much to do with his basketball skills. However, what i was talking about is that he might develop into a Zoran Savic type of player, but there is obviously also a chance that he might be just a bit better-more skilled version of Vladan Vukosavljevic.

p.s. behave yourself.

Buducnost PG
12-25-2007, 05:55 PM
If we could believe Covic, then they offered Macvan 500.000€ for 4 years, but he said no.

He definetly has to work on his body, to became faster and to get a better body control.

Another problem in FMP was that they had 3 PF´s with him. Erceg, Labovic and he. So it was normal that he will not play much. The most people expected that Erceg would leave the club this summer and so Labovic and Macvan would play at PF.

He is a skilled and smart guy, who can became a great player. But he can´t buy nothing for that what he had done at junior level. So a lot of work is in front of him and if he would be able to lose weight and get better body control, he will be on a good way. If not he will never bee the player a lot people excpect he will be.

rikhardur
12-25-2007, 06:15 PM
Saw him two times in person this year and also some games on TV. He looks undersized compared to other players so i doubt he is really 206cm tall.
I thought he was 203cm. I searched just now and most results are 205cm or 206cm, but he indeed looks shorter.

He also looks weird on the court and whole crowd was making fun of him, but that does not have much to do with his basketball skills.
The shape of his head you mean? It's extremely planoccipital and funny, yeah :p

I completely agree with everything Buducnost PG mentioned.

Srle
12-25-2007, 09:24 PM
Of cousre he didnt play beacuse Covic wanted him to sign contract with FMP.
Too bad that Jeremic is still with them. He would logging 25-30 minutes if he was playing in Partizan,Zvezda or Hemofarm. Vukoicic has to do whatever his boss want him to do. I cant wait next game between FMP and Hemofarm.

jwfish6
01-04-2008, 02:17 AM
Hemofarm is going to have an overload on post players now with the addition of Jorovic. How will Jorovic, Macvan, Vukosavljevic, Borisov, Savovic, Bozovic and Marjanovic all play? They look very good

Picek
01-04-2008, 09:56 AM
Vedran Morović signed for Zagreb..
this could be for the first time in history that Zagreb will be better team then Cibona..
and this just proves how big idiots Nakic, Milicevic and Vrankovic actually are..
letting go Morovic and keeping that hobbit Princ was just the missing link in their list of stupidities for this year.. :mad: :mad:

Manu Ginobili
01-06-2008, 08:37 AM
My boy Macvan with a promising debut for Hemofarm. In only 11 minutes he noted 13 points(100% FG), 7 rebounds and 24 value points(which in the end didn't helped Hemofarm to overcome Buducnost). Just hope he'll find his niche and playing time while all of the team's frontcourt will be available too,co'z in normal times Hemofarm's frontcourt is seriously overloaded..

PRSURF
01-08-2008, 02:54 AM
Fajardo is playing good, 27 point, 11-8 fg, in 24 minutes

Buducnost PG
01-08-2008, 07:50 AM
My boy Macvan with a promising debut for Hemofarm. In only 11 minutes he noted 13 points(100% FG), 7 rebounds and 24 value points(which in the end didn't helped Hemofarm to overcome Buducnost). Just hope he'll find his niche and playing time while all of the team's frontcourt will be available too,co'z in normal times Hemofarm's frontcourt is seriously overloaded..

And Nikolic don´t know how to handle it so far if you ask me. For me he to often plays with Jagodnik as PF. He should play he more as SF. Marjanovic and Macvan are great talents, especially Macvan. Then they had a very solid Vukosavljevic who is the ideal player for a team like Hemofarm. Bozovic and Savovic are also still young and could become solid to good players. Bozovic has a nice shoot for a BigMen but has to learn to play more near the basket. He still gets to early in foultrouble. But he is a great rebounder.

But they are not that good at PG postion.

TheTruth
02-11-2008, 07:19 PM
Real strength of Serbian basketball are youth players. Giving them chances can be great for future. Just look players like Macvan('89), Jelovac('89), Musli('91) and many other not yet discovered talents. Future of Serbia are '89, '90, and '91 generations.

elaj
02-11-2008, 07:24 PM
It would/will be funny to see MUSLI playing for main Serbian NT in the future... :)

(I just had to...) :D :D :D

TheTruth
02-15-2008, 01:12 PM
It would/will be funny to see MUSLI playing for main Serbian NT in the future... :)

(I just had to...) :D :D :D

LOL

btw Serbia is full of young and talented players. Just look at Sport key from Novi Sad (clubs owner is Dragan Lukovski), they have Tomislav Ivosev '90 who is great player and athlete (he jumped over a guy in one slam dunk contest) and 2.14m guy Mladen Alimpic. I heard that Mladen posseses great shooting ability (he can even shoot 3s) but he is totally unagressive and somehow immature on court. Tomislav is almost certain prospect for Partizan...

Buducnost PG
02-15-2008, 01:45 PM
LOL

btw Serbia is full of young and talented players. Just look at Sport key from Novi Sad (clubs owner is Dragan Lukovski), they have Tomislav Ivosev '90 who is great player and athlete (he jumped over a guy in one slam dunk contest) and 2.14m guy Mladen Alimpic. I heard that Mladen posseses great shooting ability (he can even shoot 3s) but he is totally unagressive and somehow immature on court. Tomislav is almost certain prospect for Partizan...

Partizan has as 1st team the rights for every player from Sport Key. For this season we picked up Jelovac and Balaban from them.

Srle
02-17-2008, 04:54 PM
There will alway sbe plenty of basketball talents in Serbia but i am not sure how those talented player will fare once they enter senior comeptition. Also I hope Serbian clubs will leave Adriatic league. That league is one of the cancers of Serbian basketball.

TheTruth
02-18-2008, 02:47 PM
Partizan has as 1st team the rights for every player from Sport Key. For this season we picked up Jelovac and Balaban from them.

I know. Jelovac plays very well and was the best player of tournament in Italy.