PDA

View Full Version : Adriatic league 2007/2008

Pages : 1 [2]

Joško Poljak Fan
02-22-2008, 02:54 PM
Cibona turned their Bus around, went ot Zagreb and won't be playing tommorow vs. Partizan obviously.
Helios is on their way to Novi Sad to play vs. Vojvodina eventhough their departure was questionable...
we'll see how they'll sort out things with Cibona, as far as I've read the league management insisted for all games in Serbia to be played this week.

Buducnost PG
02-22-2008, 03:59 PM
Partizan wants that the game Partizan-Cibona will be registed 20-0 for them. Because of that that Cibona will not come tomorrow to play against them in Belgrade.

And in our situation that is a normal move. Because we have not time to play this game on another date. We play 2 weeks pre game with EL and NLB so we have not the time like Cibona. Our games in the next month.

Partizan-Efes
Buducnost-Partizan
Partizan-Siena
Partizan-Olimpija
Efes-Partizan
Siroki-Partizan
Partizan-PAO
Partizan-Split

The game against Split is on the 22 March. And the playoffs will start at 25th March.

Joško Poljak Fan
02-23-2008, 09:03 PM
I hope they'll work this out something...

as the adriatic league season goes by... I am still cursing the fact Helios has Martič as their head coach. With a normal coach they'd probably fight for top8 to later miss it, but still they'd get some more victories with every capable coach. This time they've lost to Vojvodina.

Olimpija managed to escape in Široki 60-63, meaning Široki's chances to earn 2nd place in adriatic league for Bosna are getting smaller... while Slovan managed to surprise so far dominant Zadar that seems to be in lots of troubles lately, 78-73. One more like this and Široki might be automaticaly out of next year NLB in favour of Bosna.
Haven't seen them much recently and I can't say how coach Jugo influenced on their game... while I'm whining with Helios I can get Slovan in as well, with a guy as DeMarco Johnson and Simon Petrov from the begining of the season I also doubt Slovan would be in troubles they are right now. In any case it is a bit weird after Slovan sell's Preldžić and Vidmar, cover their debts and than they probably spent most of their money on reinforcements... just about anyone would probably prefer to watch Vidmar&Preldžič for one more year- so much about raising talents being profitable :)

as for Clemons, I have to give credit to Woma, not that I'm surprised, but he is the exact player Woma described at the begining of the season. Slovan should hire you Woma- seriously :rolleyes:

and... wow, with Zvezda's defeat (in Zagreb :confused: )Olimpija is 3rd?! that "ussualy" wasn't the case so late in the season for the past 2-3 years :rolleyes:

Buducnost PG
03-15-2008, 09:41 PM
And another win for us.:cool: Today we played without Pekovic and Palacio and won easily against Siroki in Siroki Brijeg.

Joško Poljak Fan
03-15-2008, 10:27 PM
Slovan managed to lose again, this time after OT with Cibona, meaning they're gone next year.
I kind of like this "last placed team" rule, eventhough Slovan ended up last. Now hopefully they'll recuperate next year, won't be spending money on players as Šamadan, Clemons or Jovanović and played our 1st league with Dragič, Klobučar, Vesely, Mlakar and other youngsters... I actually wouldn't mind them ending up last one if some of the youngsters got the chance but Klobučar and Mlakar got less chance and played even worse than last year... while the buyout they've got for Preldžić and Vidmar is reportedly spent already...

Široki also failed to gain 2nd place for BiH which is an achievement of it's own. Now it's either Krka or Laško playing in NLB league next year, of course I'd prefer Krka by far. If their pharmaceutical "big brother" would bother to invest bare 0.5% of their expected annual profit in the team there should be no worries for them ending up among top10, simmilar applies for Laško... but that's just one too big questionmark there.

elaj
03-22-2008, 08:01 PM
Regular season is over... playoffs will start (best out of three games). Like it was said, Slovan is out of the league for at least a year, because they were placed last.

TOP8 looks like this:

1. Partizan
2. Zadar
3. Hemofarm
4. Crvena zvezda
5. Union Olimpija
6. Budućnost
7. FMP
8. Cibona

Playoffs for the final4:

Partizan - Cibona
Zadar - FMP
Hemofarm - Budućnost
Crvena zvezda - Union Olimpija

Roy M
03-22-2008, 09:26 PM
It's a bit pity that Partizan will face Cibona in the quarter final.
Red Star against Ljubliana is a big one, too.

Joško Poljak Fan
03-22-2008, 10:10 PM
Not that bad for Olimpija I'd say...

Partizan - Cibona 2-0

no wonder, Cibona really looks unimpressive lately

Zadar - FMP 2-1

Zadar should be saved by their homecourt. I saw their game vs. Zvezda today and it's unbelievable how they fall down (while Zvezda still continue to remain unimpressive as in the begining of the season... yeah I know, I'll wait for the next season). It's either one on one, pass inside to Gecevski/Lalić (which prooved unefficient even with Raičević, Kikanović, Dragičević defending) or some crazy 3 pointer from somewhere, in too many cases too late one as well... they've really dissapointed me today

Hemofarm - Budućnost 2-0

Nevermind Hemofarm fall in their game as well in the last month, I'd only give Budućnost a slight chance for upseting in one game...

Crvena Zvezda - Olimpija 1-2

Olimpija played way worse on the road than at home ussualy, so I guess they've really screwed it this time vs. Železnik, loosing the 3rd place in the standings. The team is able to beat a whole stronger teams than Zvezda and their improvement is visible every week since Džikić's arrival.
Olimpija has to win one on the road, players quality is on our side and if Olimpija can't win one single game in Pionir, than I guess we don't deserve to get to NLB F4... with this team that's not too much to ask.

London78
03-25-2008, 08:10 PM
Zadar wins 95-91 in overtime today. Pankracije Barac comes out of nowhere to score 39 points, including a 3 to send it into overtime.

Joško Poljak Fan
03-26-2008, 09:18 PM
Olimpija - Zvezda 93-87 (http://www.adriaticbasket.com/stats.php?gameid=186&sez=)
incredibly bad defense when it mattered. Zvezda is a mediocre team at best but Olimpija still managed to lose... maaan... now I'm having troubles not to prejudice the outcome in the 3rd game, since I can't believe we can lose like that again. It's like a borderline arogance, but I can't stay away from it.

referees were hilarious though. They made me remember that I owe an apology to Lamonica and those 3 ref's that officiated in Olympiakos-Olimpija. And generaly speaking, we're slowely coming to a point when saying that Olimpija has a much better referee criteria in euroleague than in NLB might be discussable. :D

I'm still holding on 1-2 and Olimpija going to F4.

Srle
03-26-2008, 09:23 PM
What makes Olimpija if Zvezda is medicore team?

Individual quality of Cook and Dragicevic won this game.

Joško Poljak Fan
03-26-2008, 09:52 PM
incompetent team... especially when it comes to away games

While Olimpija managed to beat two of euroleague top8 teams, while being a mouse penis away from beating the 3rd from that group, Zvezda's biggest succes is beating Olimpija at home and Zadar on the road this season. You got a clear picture there and no need to compare both teams... just like I won't compare Olimpija to Partizan, it's the same issue about comparing Zvezda to Olimpija regarding just about anything. like it or not.

true, while I am a bit mad on Džikić for letting Milič out in the 4th quarter, nevermind he lacks some parts of the game, he was doing great job in defense on Dragičević. While with such poor help D, of course it all fall apart with Zvezda nailing those 3 pointers.

Roy M
03-26-2008, 10:01 PM

Incradible 4th quarter by Cook and Dragicevic. They turned all the game from 5-8 points to Ljubliana to a nice home win to Red-Star.
Cook with 32 points (5/8 triples) and 6 ass. Dragicevic with 23 points, most of them in the last quarter.

Buducnost PG
03-26-2008, 10:21 PM
incompetent team... especially when it comes to away games

While Olimpija managed to beat two of euroleague top8 teams, while being a mouse penis away from beating the 3rd from that group, Zvezda's biggest succes is beating Olimpija at home and Zadar on the road this season. You got a clear picture there and no need to compare both teams... just like I won't compare Olimpija to Partizan, it's the same issue about comparing Zvezda to Olimpija regarding just about anything. like it or not.

Yeah Olimpija is so much better then Zvezda that we can´t compare them? Are you joking? Do you realy want to tell us how Olimpija is much better team then Zvezda? Olimpija has no center and no SG. Olimpijas best player is Milic who plays with 2m as PF. Zvezda is nothing special, but they have 2 great players for NLB League with Cook and Dragicevic. Bakic is not great but he is doing his work and Kikanovic started to play better in the last 3 weeks. Olimpija has not such players. Olimpija has all in all a better roster but one of your best weapons is Hukic. But Hukic one day is playing great and one day like shit.

All in all their are 6 teams in NLB almost on the same level. Partizan is clearly the best and Zadar looks also better then the teams ranked from 3-8.

If Olimpija would be clearly better then Zvezda, then they would beat them one out of 2 times in Belgrade.

Joško Poljak Fan
03-26-2008, 10:52 PM
Yeah Olimpija is so much better then Zvezda that we can´t compare them?
It's barely comparable just as I said if your limit is beating CSKA/Olympiakos or beating Olimpija/Zadar. Clearly two totaly different rangs of competition. No worries, I know we won't find the same opinion on this matter.

Do you realy want to tell us how Olimpija is much better team then Zvezda? Olimpija has no center and no SG.
by such criteria Zvezda actually doesn't have anyone except Dragičević and Cook.

Zvezda is nothing special, but they have 2 great players for NLB League with Cook and Dragicevic. Bakic is not great but he is doing his work and Kikanovic started to play better in the last 3 weeks. Olimpija has not such players. Olimpija has all in all a better roster but one of your best weapons is Hukic. But Hukic one day is playing great and one day like shit.
such players? like who... okay, Cook has been doing great, Dragičević is talented, wouldn't trade him for Milič yet... and than you're actually putting Bakić and Kikanović in the same sentence.

Actually Zvezda has a very clear philosophy- to score more than their opponent and is built very good for that. Olimpija's philosophy was supposedly defense leading to fast breaks and you could see the whole team isn't funcioning the way it was supposed to. Hukić isn't the problem here, when you've got just one capable long range shooter as he is, it's not that difficult to shut him down.

All in all their are 6 teams in NLB almost on the same level. Partizan is clearly the best and Zadar looks also better then the teams ranked from 3-8.
without euroleague, considering the short rotation Olimpija used, believe me this team wouldn't be 5th ranked only nevermind how they suck at the away games this season, if you compare the euroleague and NLB games you could clearly see most players gave less effort on court as they could. And as much as it would please you to believe FMP or Zvezda posses the same capabilities and quality... they don't ;)
What happens on court is another thing, but losing this series vs. Zvezda should be a major underachievement for Olimpija and nothing else but that.

Buducnost PG
03-27-2008, 12:02 AM
It's barely comparable just as I said if your limit is beating CSKA/Olympiakos or beating Olimpija/Zadar. Clearly two totaly different rangs of competition. No worries, I know we won't find the same opinion on this matter.

Oh you are still talking about games that are 5 month old now. We don´t need to speak about Oly at this time. They only won one game on the road with Gershon and that was in Bologna against Virtus. Olimpija played 2 great games and Hukic was huge against CSKA. But this is not the way he could play every game. In this 2 games Olimpija overachieved and the opponent had not such a good day. As i said that are great wins against good teams, but to talk this 2 games showed the limit of Olimpija is not truth in my opinion. Or better said you can´t expect that they play everytime like this, because if Hukic would play everytime like against CSKA he wouldn´t play for Olimpija.

by such criteria Zvezda actually doesn't have anyone except Dragičević and Cook.

They can have it. But they still managed to get 4th in NLB and played a OK role in uleb cup.

such players? like who... okay, Cook has been doing great, Dragičević is talented, wouldn't trade him for Milič yet... and than you're actually putting Bakić and Kikanović in the same sentence.

Actually Zvezda has a very clear philosophy- to score more than their opponent and is built very good for that. Olimpija's philosophy was supposedly defense leading to fast breaks and you could see the whole team isn't funcioning the way it was supposed to. Hukić isn't the problem here, when you've got just one capable long range shooter as he is, it's not that difficult to shut him down.

Yes, for sure Dragicevic is only talented. I am not a fan of Zvezda, i am not even one who overhype Dragicevic, but this kid is the MVP of the league (not the best player, but he plays most and therfore) and has great shooting precentages from the field. He is not only a talent anymore. He is one of the best players in europe on his position and his age group. And i talked about Bakic and Kikanovic because they are the ones they also can count in some ways. Bakic isn´t great in offense, but he is always fighting and is doing everything to win and Kikanovic is able to make some points in the offense in short time. They are better then the rest like Markovic who is doing nothing for the team.

without euroleague, considering the short rotation Olimpija used, believe me this team wouldn't be 5th ranked only nevermind how they suck at the away games this season, if you compare the euroleague and NLB games you could clearly see most players gave less effort on court as they could. And as much as it would please you to believe FMP or Zvezda posses the same capabilities and quality... they don't
What happens on court is another thing, but losing this series vs. Zvezda should be a major underachievement for Olimpija and nothing else but that.

I am not living in a world where the main words are without and if that would be so and so we could have done this and that. You know even before the season, that you have to play 2 times in the week and to put a good team together. But Olimpija was not the only team playing EL or Uleb Cup. Zvzeda is playing the whole season with Cook and Dragicevic playing 37mppg so what to say there? And yes you are right they gave more in EL. But to give less effort in NLB shows also the unprofesionalisem of your team and players. Partizan for example played every single game on a good level. They also weren´t at 100% in some games but what Olimpija showed in some games was terrible. The game Olimpija-Partizan is a example for that. Partizan won with around 20 points and the effort of your team was awufl. I watched this game and Vilfan said that most of the players don´t deserv to play in Olimpija. Zadar for example also has a small rotation and also played international basketball and they played great for the most of the time in NLB League.

And you can think what you want. FMP sucked big time at the begining of the season. But still they beat you 2 times, they beat us one time and they also beat Cibona, Zvezda, Hemofarm and Zadar. I am not saying they are for sure better then Olimpija. But even if Olimpija is better, it is not by much. And at the end it count´s what happens on the court and not what could be, if this and that worked out. You should not overhype your team, because you should be happy that after 2 years your team get a place under the 1st 8 in NLB again.

Joško Poljak Fan
03-27-2008, 10:12 AM
Look I don't want to fill this thread with excuses of why, how... (and so on) Olimpija's season is getting screwed and we are managing to lose the games vs. Zvezda.

About Dragičević, I do believe he has a great future infront of him. Exceptional footwork for his height, good fundamentals, nice positioning. I could agree with him being selected for MVP, he fits in that mold. But his supporting cast can be so miserable in most games, that I completely lost my nerves yesterday with Bakić and Kikanović nailing those shots they haven't nailed in half of Zvezda's games I've watched alltogether.

If you're not living in that world, it's great, I'm happy for you.
The difference with Partizan and Olimpija is that Partizan uses serbian/montenegrian players and they play for their team with a heart. Back when we've had Bečirovič on the bench and it seemed half of the team is on some other planet- at that point, well... once Vilfan even said that TV viewers are free to change the chanel, since this is unwatchable and isn't basketball, he just can't do it, because he is suppose to comment the game.

And at the end it count´s what happens on the court and not what could be, if this and that worked out. You should not overhype your team, because you should be happy that after 2 years your team get a place under the 1st 8 in NLB again.
I agree we should just wait for what happens on court. You'll rarely see me overhyping though, I get bothered a lot with it, and that's the reason Zvezda got called mediocre team in th first place.
Being happy for my team getting in top8 in NLB again- won't happen in the near future, since I don't support Široki...

Srle
03-27-2008, 02:17 PM
I think Zvezda,Olimpija and FMP are pretty much equal teams. FMP is playing great basketball in last two months. Its to bad that they will let some players at the end. They should be very dangerous team if they keep their best players.

Joško Poljak Fan
03-27-2008, 03:14 PM
I think Zvezda,Olimpija and FMP are pretty much equal teams. FMP is playing great basketball in last two months. Its to bad that they will let some players at the end. They should be very dangerous team if they keep their best players.
We might disagree on Olimpija's strenght, but I definately agree that FMP is leaving players too early. It costed them a lot in the begining of the season, while if they actually manage to keep the same core for a bit longer than they've been doing so far, they've got a nice chance to be the no.1 team in adriatic league once again, eventhough Vukoičić is coaching at Hemofarm now, Partizan should be just as strong next year nevermind Peković leaving and the situation in Olimpija should finaly improve just like the budget.

Srle
03-27-2008, 03:49 PM
Erceg,Samardziski and Krstovic are players that will probably leave. Thats my guess.

Buducnost PG
03-27-2008, 09:22 PM
We did it again. 6 win in the raw against Cibona and the 3rd in the raw in Zagreb.:D

And we are again under the best 4 teams. This is the 4th year we are playing NLB League and always we reached the finale so far and one time won the league.:cool:

elaj
03-31-2008, 05:23 PM
1/4:

Partizan - Cibona 90:80
Cibona - Partizan 93:100

Partizan goes with 2:0 to Final4.

Zadar - FMP ot 95:91
FMP - Zadar ot 99:94
Zadar - FMP 74:73

Zadar goes with 2:1 to Final4.

Hemofarm - Budućnost 87:71
Budućnost - Hemofarm 64:55
Hemofarm - Budućnost 75:69

Hemofarm goes with 2:1 to Final4.

Zvezda - Olimpija 93:87
Olimpija - Zvezda 88:60
Zvezda - Olimpija 74:97

Olimpija goes with 2:1 to Final4.

All teams with home advantage proceded to the Final4 (except for Olimpija) (still to be announced where it will be held, but most probably in Zadar). Zadar and FMP clearly both deserved to be there, just look at the results of the games... :D

Semi-finals:

Partizan - Olimpija
Zadar - Hemofarm

Partizan is clear favourite in matchup against Olimpija, while Zadar is favourite against Hemofarm.

Joško Poljak Fan
03-31-2008, 10:46 PM
I don't have anything to resent to Bečirović and still believe he is a great coach... but Džikić is slowely yet obviously surpassing him. In the last two games Taylor was playing just like in the begining of the season when he was on of the main reasons for those upsets. With a defense like that, such a limited offensive team as Olimpija plays much easier.
He also made Begić contribute 11 points, 19 rebounds and 10 blocks in 57 minutes in the series vs. Zvezda.
When mentioning Vujošević as Džikić's mentor, comparison with the way Dule knows how to make Vraneš usefull comes to my mind. In some systems they're both (Begić and Vranješ) just like a twig you put your laundry on to dry, while Vujošević and Džikić are taking the whole benefit from extreme height in basketball.

regarding the F4, wherever it'll be.
Partizan is the favourite there, still Olimpija has a chance for an upset if they're able to repeat the same game from last two performances. While we all know they're also able to repeat the first game vs. Zvezda in no time, which wouldn't end that nice vs. Partizan either.

And for the second pair, unless those 7-8 players Zadar is rotating all the time gets some energy and physical rest, Hemofarm should walk over them, no matter how unconnviencing they looked vs. Bodućnost in some periods.

elaj
04-01-2008, 04:55 PM
Ljubljana (Slovenia), Zadar (Croatia) and Belgrade/Vršac (Serbia) are candidats to host F4 (also Banja Luka (BiH) is rumoured). Mayor of Ljubljana said that they already have approval of Partizan management (and probably Hemofarm will agree) that they would rather like to play in Ljubljana than in Zadar if the pick will be among those two.

The final decision should be announced on thursday or friday.:)

elaj
04-02-2008, 06:21 PM
Ljubljana and Zadar are main candidats for the Final4. According to some sources in Croatia the city of Ljubljana offered ten times more money for organization of the Final4 than Zadar. Also the fact that Partizan and probably Hemofarm would rather like to play in Ljubljana than in Zadar.

I believe Ljubljana will be the host.

elaj
04-03-2008, 04:12 PM
As It was expected, Ljubljana was chosen to host Final4. It will take part from Friday, 25.04.2008 - Sunday, 27.04.2008. Mayor of Ljubljana Zoran Jankovič (huge fan of Olimpija) was major factor that Ljubljana got the F4. As I heard he and sponsors offered ten times more money as any other city - Belgrade, Zadar or Vršac.

See you in Ljubljana.:D

Buducnost PG
04-03-2008, 04:21 PM
F4 will be played in Ljubljana for the 3rd time in 6 years.

For me that looks like a deal beteween the 3 "big" clubs Partizan, Olimpija and Cibona. I will also explain you way i think that.

First of all Partizan was against it to play in Zadar (Jazine), then Olimpija has a big chance now to get back on the scene after 2 very very bad years in NLB and slovenian championship. So Ljubljana offerd a lot of money (much more then Zadar) to get the F4. Does anybody think they did that only, because they would like to see Hemofarm, Zadar and Partizan play in Ljubljana? I think not. And now the perhaps most important point, who nobody has thought about or said about it so far. It is Cibona, Danko Radic and Josip Bilic. Cibona is fighiting with Zadar for the 3 year contract in EL from the season 2009/2010. Now Cibona has 22 and Zadar 16 points. But Zadar has a chance to get 5 more if they reach the Finale in NLB League and big 12 more if they win the NLB League this year. And then they won yesterday in Zagreb against Cibona and have very nices chances to be 1st after the regular season and so have homeadvantage in all playoff games. So Zadar can reach a maximum of 33 points at the end of this season and Cibona 27. So before the start of the next season Zadar could have 3 points more then Cibona. Only 3 because Cibona will for sure get 3 for playing in the EL. And with the F4 in Zadar, Zadar would have by far better chances to win the NLB and get theses important points for the EL contract. No way that Partizan (Vujosevic, Danilovic and Todorovic) are stronger then Lisac, Lorbek, Bilic and Radic who lead this league. But somobody must be there, because if not Bilic, Radic, Lobrek and Lisac could do what they want. And especially Radic is one who favours Cibona as i heard from many croatians who are not Cibona fans. Radic is also the president from HKS and this week the talented Toni Prostran from Zadar was suspended for 6 games in the croatian league, because Zadar didn´t let him go to play for the croatian U18 at the Albert Schweizer Tournament last week. Crazy decision in my opinion.

But i hope the league will learn from this mistakes. I am against this F4 modus in NLB League, because in my opinion it is not fair. The teams are playing the league for 6 month and then the winner should be decided in one game? Very stupid for me. The system from the last year was the best one. The teams could earn to many important points in this league for the EL contract, so for me something like a F4 or F8 is a very stupide move. But it is only one stupid move of 1000 from NLB directors. Now Partizan who had the best record this year and the best record ever in NLB League so far, is in a much difficulter position to win the title, then in best of 3 modus. After all that we have shown we deserv the title in NLB this year. But we have to take it as it is now. But the F4 of NLB League is not that important for us this year. The serbian championship is much more important.

So i hope we will see some changes in NLB League in the next year/s and no more F4 or F8. And if yes then they should announce the hosting team before the season as it does the whole world and not after all teams of the F4 are known. Then there would be less problems.

elaj
04-03-2008, 04:29 PM
First of all Partizan was against it to play in Zadar (Jazine), then Olimpija has a big chance now to get back on the scene after 2 very very bad years in NLB and slovenian championship. So Ljubljana offerd a lot of money (much more then Zadar) to get the F4. Does anybody think they did that only, because they would like to see Hemofarm, Zadar and Partizan play in Ljubljana? I think not.
Ofcourse not. President of Olimpija already stated that they will go and try to win the F4. I think we have a realistical chance - with full support of the fans (tournament will be played in big Tivoli arena for 5500 people - EL style) I believe we will be equal with Partizan.

The league officials said they will give next F4 to Zadar when the new Zadar arena will be finished.

The funny thing on press conference was when some journalist asked mayor of Ljubljana why wouldn't they host F4 of Adriatic League rather in the year when new Ljubljana basketball arena for 12000 people will be finished... he told him back: "Nahh, in that year we will already host Euroleague F4." (he is known for his "unrealistical statements") :D

No way that Partizan (Vujosevic, Danilovic and Todorovic) are stronger then Lisac, Lorbek, Bilic and Radic who lead this league. But somobody must be there, because if not Bilic, Radic, Lobrek and Lisac could do what they want.
Radovan Lorbek is one of the most influental people in European basketball. Many people don't know this, but he was one of the major factors that ULEB as organisation was established (Euroleague, ULEB Cup). He is also togather with Lisac one of the founders of Adriatic League. He has many connections all around Europe and is considered as I said very influental guy in European basketball.

Lorbek said mayor of Ljubljana and sponsors agreed to pay everything considering F4 so league would have no expenses - nobody offered that. Also the fact that Zadar's new arena wouldn't be finished on time for the F4 was one of the (major?) factors.

Joško Poljak Fan
04-03-2008, 04:45 PM
haven't thought of it this way, Cibona wanting to hurt Zadar does make sense. Some games like this happened in the past history of this league, or even further during the ex-state so I guess nobody would be too surprised.

Reportedly Ljubljana getting the F4 was primarily Vilfan's idea, while he is in the management of Olimpija as well as a representative in the city council it came really fast to mayor Jankovič (serbian origin btw. if you didn't know :)). And Jankovič eventhough a sports fan, still has to know how to put himself in the bright spot, gaining political points by it and he succeded once more by getting this tournament. As much as I won't denounce the Cibona/Olimpija/Partizan theory, having Zadar, Hemofar and Partizan playing in Ljubljana also had a lot to do with people wishing to see them and Jankovič turning it into one more "minor succes" in his political career, while with all those minor succes he'll later come out with an image of a mayor that makes thing happen. Just as an example of that after being asked why Ljubljana didn't wait with organisation of adriatic league F4 untill the 12.000 capacity arena would be completed, he answered: " we'll organise euroleague's F4 than".
Whatever happened between the AL clubs he bought few more political points. And as far as money is concerned, city of Ljubljana is reportedly only covering the whole organisation costs of the tournament, so I don't think those political points were that expensive for him either.

only thing I'd add to contract situation from 09/10 on is that Zadar sadly won't get a contract nevermind the results.
I am wondering for quite some time now, how on earth they were saying they're building 8000 capacity arena and they wouldn't have any troubles with playing euroleague, while at that time it was already declared Uleb will only gett satisfied with capacity around 10.000. This way euroleague is again loosing a potential great crowd and a historical team. And the way they're not fullfilling the planed euroleague requirements, they won't get the contract neither.
I don't know who exactly is pumping up dalmatians that they're fighting for the contract, but the truth is that this is just like with adriatic league getting that 4th spot: euroleague saying it is "a possibility that should be considered for the future" and all the local media pumping it up for the people to actually believe that 4th place will come just like that about any time now... while it is obvious it's not going to happen in the mid-term period.

Buducnost PG
04-03-2008, 05:43 PM
Radovan Lorbek is one of the most influental people in European basketball. Many people don't know this, but he was one of the major factors that ULEB as organisation was established (Euroleague, ULEB Cup). He is also togather with Lisac one of the founders of Adriatic League. He has many connections all around Europe and is considered as I said very influental guy in European basketball.

Lorbek said mayor of Ljubljana and sponsors agreed to pay everything considering F4 so league would have no expenses - nobody offered that. Also the fact that Zadar's new arena wouldn't be finished on time for the F4 was one of the (major?) factors.

When we speak about organisation then Ljubljana is for sure one of the best places. I am sure we will see a good F4. But it is not fair, because it is the 3rd in 6 years.

But i also think that because of Lorbek Partizan had nothing against the F4 in Ljubljana again. In the case of the EL contract for Serbia Lorbek could help a lot. So i think Partizan is in a much better relationship with the NLB directors then at the when they joined the NLB League. And for me as Partizanfan it is also nice to see, that Partizan is one of the clubs who has to say something in NLB. But we earned this by our own with our good games in 4 years now.;)

Joško Poljak Fan
04-03-2008, 06:01 PM
When we speak about organisation then Ljubljana is for sure one of the best places. I am sure we will see a good F4. But it is not fair, because it is the 3rd in 6 years.

But i also think that because of Lorbek Partizan had nothing against the F4 in Ljubljana again. In the case of the EL contract for Serbia Lorbek could help a lot. So i think Partizan is in a much better relationship with the NLB directors then at the when they joined the NLB League. And for me as Partizanfan it is also nice to see, that Partizan is one of the clubs who has to say something in NLB. But we earned this by our own with our good games in 4 years now.;)
I don't think it's fair Ljubljana got 3rd out of 6 possible F4's either, I'm against such ruling even if Ljubljana is the one here and eventhough the 2nd F4 should supposedly be Maccabi's and the 3rd we organised should've been Belgrades... and nevermind no host has ever won a F4 yet.
I hope towns like Zadar, Split, Novi Sad, Belgrade, Skopje, Belgrade, Banja Luka... would get their chance now and that decision on where would F4 occur would take place sooner and more transparent.

I also agree to some bosnian and serbian people that don't like the fact slovenians and croatians are as strong in adriatic league's management, but on the other hand all 6 nations deciding together practically means we wouldn't be able to agree on practically anything. :p yet, we still need different competition model, fairer voting distribution between the nation... league is far from perfect obviously.

Pija_Olimp
04-08-2008, 10:10 AM
... and nevermind no host has ever won a F4 yet.
I beg your pardon? Where was the first Adriatic league F4? And who won the title? :D

Joško Poljak Fan
04-08-2008, 10:44 AM
I beg your pardon? Where was the first Adriatic league F4? And who won the title? :D
yeah, yeah... Ljubljana hosted F4, Olimpija won it.... I was damn sure it was held in Zagreb, but now I remember Železnik won it in Zagreb vs. Zvezda and that's the only time they've hosted F4 :cool:
I guess you got used to my "not checking it up" anyway by now ;)

elaj
04-25-2008, 02:46 PM
The final4 starts today... :cool:

Joško Poljak Fan
04-25-2008, 06:04 PM
Zadar - Hemofarm 72-81
completely deserved. Zadar kept on not caring on either Pavković or Mačvan on the long range and they revenged for that. I know Brewer played in some good clubs but what we've seen today was neither playmaking, defending or... anything while Petrović left him in the game nevermind the outcome on court. Expecting a win by relying on 3pointers as much as Zadar does when their inside-out doesn't fall in is shortly: overly optimistic thing for practicaly any team on a normal level of competition.
Great game from Pavković, best I've seen from him and exactly when it mattered. When you think of definition of playmaking that's exactly what he has done and Brewer didn't.

Roy M
04-25-2008, 09:10 PM
yeah, yeah... Ljubljana hosted F4, Olimpija won it.... I was damn sure it was held in Zagreb, but now I remember Železnik won it in Zagreb vs. Zvezda and that's the only time they've hosted F4 :cool:
I guess you got used to my "not checking it up" anyway by now ;)

So no... Partizan passes Ljubljana 94-90 in a fantastic game.
Nicola Pekovic was unstopble with 31 points and 13 reb.

elaj
04-25-2008, 09:45 PM
Great game, Partizan won it, but they had to fight for it. Well deserved victory for them, they are without doubt the best team in the region in this season.

Joško Poljak Fan
04-25-2008, 10:12 PM
indeed a great game. Congratulations to Partizan as they were a better team tonight. First Tripković was unstoppable in the first half and than Peković took over in the 2nd half. I am still satisfied since Olimpija showed loads of effort and honestly with the way Partizan played today they'd crush Olimpija from 3 months ago by 20-30, therefor I expect Olimpija's board to get that contract to Džikić as soon as possible, if they don't... I'll hang them from the b0ll$ just the way I'd do it to... once again... that croatian referee trio that managed to get lost in the game as if they're from slovenian 1st league and not actual Uleb's euroleague referees... in the end decisions went relatively both ways...but damn there were some stupid calls rookie refs could be ashamed of... tv commentator couldn't live with it even if Dušan Hauptman was explaining it's not the criteria but the style that Olimpija fails to adapt... but man i hate compensations... and most of all I can't stand Dožai... i'd beat that guy... seriously...

elaj
04-25-2008, 10:51 PM
and most of all I can't stand Dožai... i'd beat that guy... seriously...
Dožai got a hit from some guy in the halls which lead to lockerrooms... I was just leaving the stands and I saw when some guy hit Dožai with his hand (he hit him on his back), ofcourse security took him away quickly, but Dožai and others were quite shocked. :rolleyes:

Crazy atmosphere at the end. I spoke with some Zadar fan at the end of the game, even he said that those Croatian reffs did bad job. :D

Once again, reffs did some mistakes, but Partizan deserved the finals and they also deserve the title. Olimpija played good game at some points, but did too many mistakes to win vs Partizan.

Joško Poljak Fan
04-25-2008, 11:09 PM
Dožai got a hit from some guy in the halls which lead to lockerrooms... I was just leaving the stands and I saw when some guy hit Dožai with his hand (he hit him on his back), ofcourse security took him away quickly, but Dožai and others were quite shocked. :rolleyes:

Crazy atmosphere at the end. I spoke with some Zadar fan at the end of the game, even he said that those Croatian reffs did bad job. :D

Once again, reffs did some mistakes, but Partizan deserved the finals and they also deserve the title. Olimpija played good game at some points, but did too many mistakes to win vs Partizan.
hahahaha :D
it's not really... how to say... nice to encourage such things... but as far as Dožai is the guy that got some punches, I'm absolutely fine with it. His history in adriatic league's refereeing is getting to far.

I agree with your last sentence, it was definately not the referees, It was Partizan that won the game... although refereeing was subpar by far.

Milič did a huge mistkae one minute untill the end when he send the ball off-court instead of grabing it... I mean it was a sure rebound, he could even let the ball go off bounds as there were no Partizan players around and he screwed it. You can never know what would've happen, but without that 2pointer Peković scored afterwards things Olimpija would mostlikely have much bigger chances... Milič blew it in a way such an experienced player shouldn't afford to.

Buducnost PG
04-26-2008, 05:52 PM
One more.:cool: :cool: :cool:

Partizan schooled Hemofarm today. Easy win. The 5th in the 5th game against them this season. And 2 times in the finale. The one today and then als in the serbian Korac Cup finale. But no fans today in the hall. One more point against a Final4. On serbian cup are more fans then on F4 or in the past F8. The only very good F8 was in Sarajevo.

Now we go for the triple. And next year we will be back again. Any doubts that we will be in the Final again?:D ;)

Since 4 years we are playing this league. 2 times we ended up 2nd and 2 times we won the title. We are simply the best.

Pija_Olimp
04-26-2008, 08:12 PM
Congratulations to Partizan!

Of course I was deeply disappointed last night. Being that close but you cannot make it. :mad:
But let's look the truth into its eyes - Partizan is a much better team. All those substitutions Vujošević did. On moments I was not sure which game I watched. Was it ice hockey maybe? :D He had so many equivalent players that whoever came on the court could keep a high rhytm of the Parizan game.

Today it was a ....zzz...zzzz... game. No excitement at all.

But no fans today in the hall. One more point against a Final4. On serbian cup are more fans then on F4 or in the past F8. The only very good F8 was in Sarajevo.
Whose fans? Did you expect us, Slovenes to switch feelings over the night for some Serbian team?? :D
But there was a group of Partizan fans who sang songs all game long. They even sang them when marching through Tivoli parking being surrounded by robocops and followed by three horses with their police riders. ;)
As if we should be feeling guilty if Ljubljana is too far from Serbia and a visa is difficult to obtain... :rolleyes:
If Olimpija made it to finals, believe me the arena would be packed like yesterday... or even more.

Pija_Olimp
04-26-2008, 08:20 PM
and most of all I can't stand Dožai... i'd beat that guy... seriously...
I'm mad whenever I see him in our arena. The first moment he steps through the door on the parquet I know exactly what kind of game we'll have.
Has anybody counted how many times this season he was called to Ljubljana? Has he already moved here or what?

Joško Poljak Fan
04-26-2008, 09:21 PM
yeah, we're lucky to see him often in Ljubljana... and even abroad in quarters 1st game vs. Zvezda I remember I got completely pissed off on him (with the rampage posted on the previous page)

congrats to Partizan, they were undisputably the best team in NLB league this season, I only resent them for making the finals that uninteresting- thank god I went out for a beer instead to a game. I don't remember any other team being beaten as rarely as they were this season. F4 was just a confirmation for that fact.
In the first quarter the game was actually interesting, Pavković had some great moves, overall a good job for him eventhough Hemofarm's organisation was far from ideal. Vukosavljević, Joksimović and Marshall looked incredibly bad compared to the games through season, Partizan was rotating great on them, while i think nerves also played some role as those guys mentioned above did miss some unusual shots for them.
Considering how Partizan made Hemofarm look poor today I think Olimpija actually did play a great game yesterday.

Podgorica
04-26-2008, 10:24 PM
Oh,just one more title... :D

Partizan 2007/2008 - 1,2...3?