PDA

View Full Version : RP NT on Jones Cup 2007

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

saints13
06-25-2007, 10:26 AM
*the much awaited pre-Tokushima affair of the RP NT..is already on July 2!

Venue: Sinjhuang Stadium, Taiwan
Format: Single Round Robin

July 2, 5:00 pm
Philippines vs USA

July 3, 5:30 pm
Philippines vs Lebanon

July 4, 3:30 pm
Philippines vs Japan

July 5, 5:30 pm
Philippines vs South Korea

July 6, 3:30 pm
Philippines vs Jordan

July 7, 3:30 pm
Philippines vs Iran

July 8, 5:00 pm
Philippines vs Taiwan

July 9, 3:30 pm
Philippines vs Qatar

July 10, 3:30 pm
Philippines vs Kazakhstan

guys, any updates/comments/suggestions/results etc. kindly post it here :)

TauNgaVa
06-25-2007, 10:40 AM
una ba lalaro ang RP Team sa opening???

demonyito
06-25-2007, 11:25 AM
*the much awaited pre-Tokushima affair of the RP NT..is already on July 2!

guys, any updates/comments/suggestions/results etc. kindly post it here :)

Coach Reyes should take it easy to prevent further injuries. The tournament is a non-requisite to FIBA Asian Championships later in July.
however, if there's a chance to win any game then we should go for it, sayang din kasi.
better lose then win later in Japan

saints13
06-25-2007, 11:26 AM
better lose then win later in Japan

korek! :)

thayil
06-25-2007, 11:28 AM
can anyone here post the roster of participating teams in jones cup?:)

saints13
06-25-2007, 11:28 AM
una ba lalaro ang RP Team sa opening???

day 1 sked

July 2
1100 Kazakhstan-Jordan
1300 Lebanon-Iran
1500 Korea-Qatar
1700 AIA-Philippines
1930 Taiwan-Japan

4th game, buena mano ng RP NT ang Athletes-in-Action (USA)

demonyito
06-25-2007, 11:54 AM
day 1 sked

July 2
1100 Kazakhstan-Jordan
1300 Lebanon-Iran
1500 Korea-Qatar
1700 AIA-Philippines
1930 Taiwan-Japan

4th game, buena mano ng RP NT ang Athletes-in-Action (USA)
although this AIA is an american team but i dont think they are that very strong. from what i understand i think they are the touring faith based team or alive alive team amen. the philippine NT can hold its own without too much effort. just stay close and once the opening is imminent then kadjot right away

flip_ya_face01
06-25-2007, 12:20 PM
we still have a week to do our novenas....
who knows god will be so kind that rp team will beat USA...

LOLZ.... hahaha

TauNgaVa
06-25-2007, 12:34 PM
i think dito na dapat i field ni pareng Chot ung mga kulang sa training like kelly or jamesyap,menk,canaleta o kahit cnong gusto nyang mapasama sa RP team in the near future... pahinga muna ung iba like caquiao,taulava etc.. saka na uli sila lalaro sa manila invitational... wat da ya think??

onono1
06-25-2007, 12:41 PM
i think dito na dapat i field ni pareng Chot ung mga kulang sa training like kelly or jamesyap,menk,canaleta o kahit cnong gusto nyang mapasama sa RP team in the near future... pahinga muna ung iba like caquiao,taulava etc.. saka na uli sila lalaro sa manila invitational... wat da ya think??

No offense but forget james yap (too small for his position) and kg canaleta (high-leaper only and thats it) their brand of play suits for the PBA only :rolleyes:

TauNgaVa
06-25-2007, 12:44 PM
No offense but forget james yap (too small for his position) and kg canaleta (high-leaper only and thats it) their brand of play suits for the PBA only :rolleyes:

yeah but i mean kung cno gusto ni pareng CHot na sa tingin nya ay makakatulong sa tokushima... maraming pa kasing mangyayari like injuries.. nakikinita ko na na miinjured cna caguiao at taulava hehehe...

jaybz
06-25-2007, 01:12 PM

Oh man...James Yap too small for the SG position by RP standards?? so how do you consider MC or Ren2x?? very2x small??

regierr
06-25-2007, 01:56 PM
i'm not concerned if our team will win or lose in this tourney. i'd rather see how jyap will fit in our nt and i also would like to find out how strong our opponents are particularly the middle east teams.

saints13
06-25-2007, 02:06 PM
gamitin ang mga bagong dating at itago na lang muna ang mga dapat itago :)
Jones Cup is just a tune-up, a gauge, sana they won't go that all out agad, let's just gauge the new players in the line-up and other teams and players as well, leave the best for last which is Tokushima :)

protossdomain
06-25-2007, 03:01 PM
although this AIA is an american team but i dont think they are that very strong. from what i understand i think they are the touring faith based team or alive alive team amen. the philippine NT can hold its own without too much effort. just stay close and once the opening is imminent then kadjot right away

Don't be too confident. They have the "Big J" on their side if you know what I mean. ;)

TauNgaVa
06-25-2007, 03:20 PM
gamitin ang mga bagong dating at itago na lang muna ang mga dapat itago :)
Jones Cup is just a tune-up, a gauge, sana they won't go that all out agad, let's just gauge the new players in the line-up and other teams and players as well, leave the best for last which is Tokushima :)

yeah..;)

pero ang tanong eh cnong mga bagong dating na lalaro bukod kay kelly?? :o

Holy Hand Grenade
06-25-2007, 03:40 PM
Didn't Gabe Norwood tour with AIA before? Maybe he can give coach Chot a scouting report.:)

protossdomain
06-25-2007, 04:15 PM
yeah..;)

pero ang tanong eh cnong mga bagong dating na lalaro bukod kay kelly?? :o

Eric Menk, James Yap and Nino Canaleta

Visit other threads.

saints13
06-25-2007, 05:49 PM
Eric Menk, James Yap and Nino Canaleta

is that final?

Kelly Williams, Eric Menk, James Yap and Niño Canaleta in.. Tony dela Cruz out.. and Gabe Norwood status quo? :)

saints13
06-25-2007, 06:02 PM
Tyler Wilkerson (6’6 F)
Eric and Tim Pollitz (6’5 F)
Darris Nichols (6’1 G)
Alex Ruoff
Brian Asbury (6’5 F)
Zack Gibson
Cliff Hammonds
Brad Harris
Todd Hendley
Donald Sloan
Tyler Wilkerson
Reed Rawlings (6’5 F)

Head Coach: Mike Jarvis

Athletes In Action is the sports branch of Campus Crusade for Christ International. Dave Hannah, who desired to capitalize on society's great love of sports and utilize the platform given to athletes to reach the world for Jesus Christ, founded AIA in 1966.

jason_28c
06-26-2007, 12:36 AM
Televised ba ang jones cup sa btv, abc5, reply pls.................

limlioanglix
06-26-2007, 12:59 AM
Televised ba ang jones cup sa btv, abc5, reply pls.................

televised bro., sa ABC5... watch PBA games tomorrow for more details...

bolabasket
06-26-2007, 01:31 AM
televised bro., sa ABC5... watch PBA games tomorrow for more details...
is it LIVE? i bet delayed telecast.

jaybz
06-26-2007, 03:11 AM
is it LIVE? i bet delayed telecast.

i think it's not going to be delayed...but "Very2x Delayed!!!"

saints13
06-26-2007, 03:59 AM
sana live or somehow mga ilang hrs delayed lng! :)

korni kase kpag mapangungunahan ng info sa internet, alam na yun mangyayari, wala na maeexcite..hehe

kch912
06-26-2007, 05:15 AM
coach chot decided to unlist the services of danny seigle for the jones cup, because he wanted to "hide" him from scouts. i also have a feeling that he wants to "keep" mark caguioa from scouts because these 2 guys are the scorers for our RP team with their previous exhibition games in belgrade. it's a matter of "keeping" or "hiding" your offensive weapons to keep the opponents off guard. i don't think kelly williams will be a part of the tokishuma games because let's face it, he's still raw when it comes to international competitions. you could try going to http://forum.philboxing.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=50158&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=1875#p1787234
to check the answers from coach chot reyes himself. but of course, my comments are based on my opinion. just a thought as well, we also have to recognize that china's strength is the inside or the big man, korea's strength is their outside shooting, what do have? speed. how can get rebounds? hussle. too bad rudy hatfield is not in our team. we don't need to do some "porma" in the games, all it takes is to win. we can. with great teamwork and of course familiarity with each other. jordan and iran may be healthy competitions for our RPNT, but let's face it, those countries are concerned with out team as well. it would be better for our team to face tougher competition in the beginning, at least we would be able to determine the capacity of our team than to be face "lighter" opponents and loose just when it matters most. i personally believe our team can make it, with all our support and prayers. we can. we may lack the ceiling, but DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE HEART OF A CHAMPION. funny as it may seem, but if there is an x-factor in our team, it may be ranidel de ocampo, a full-blooded filipino, whom i believe can be the future of the small forward or maybe even the power forward position in our country. wag na tayo magbayangan, tulungan nalang natin ang team pilipinas. and to filipinos outside the country, i respect your opinions, but let's face how many times have you seen these guys play? sabi nga nila, bilog ang bola. they great outside outside shooting win you championships? i beg to disagree, basketball is evolving, look at peja stojakovic? where is he now? compared to kobe? lebron? carmelo? it's the all-around understanding of the game that will make us win. willie miller? does he rely on his outside shooting alone? mark caguioa? danny seigle? we can make it, even though we are smaller than our counterparts. mabuhay ang team pilipinas!!!

saints13
06-26-2007, 05:39 AM
nakarecover na ba si Danny Seigle sa injury niya?
well, mas maigi nang hindi na talaga muna gamitin si Danny Seigle, hopefully e sa Tokushima na lang siya maglaro.
about Caguioa, better not overuse him in Taipei, nandun naman si Hontiveros, Ritualo at J. Yap! :)
remember in 2002, he had a torn anterior ligament ek ek, yun napunit yun muscles niya kakadunk nun kalaban nila ang Qatar NT in an exhibition game dito sa Manila, we can't afford another misfortune like that.

onono1
06-26-2007, 05:52 AM
Just asking guys, while the philippines is sending the full-strength (quite strong i guess) of its national basketball team to Jones Cup in taiwan, why do you think our asian region rivals excluding taiwan, like japan, south korea etc.. are not sending the true lineup of their national squad roster....Im talking about jones cup tournament.

saints13
06-26-2007, 06:01 AM
Just asking guys, while the philippines is sending the full-strength (quite strong i guess) of its national basketball team to Jones Cup in taiwan, why do you think our asian region rivals excluding taiwan, like japan, south korea etc.. are not sending the true lineup of their national squad roster....Im talking about jones cup tournament.

hindi ba full NT ang ipapadala ng ibang Asian counterparts?:eek:
So far, what I knew was among those Asian NT's we're looking at, only Japan will not send its Tokushima-bound NT.

kase mas madali magbiyahe mula sa Taiwan to Japan, lesser jetlag, saka yun iba e magtutungo pa sa RP for Manila Invitational. others, kindly enlighten us on this one.

donmar
06-26-2007, 06:03 AM

Scouting!... They cannot accept that AIA (not officially the USA national team) could beat the shit out of their national team players while we Filipinos doesn't care... just go there and play!...

and the William Jones Cup is not a FIBA-sanctioned tournament... although the tournament itself was named after one of FIBA's founding fathers...

saints13
06-26-2007, 06:09 AM
wala masyado highlights ng Jones Cup sa Youtube, eto lang medyo OK, kase may dunk ni Arigo, dunk ni Canaleta at dunk ni Peek. malamang nakita nyo na to, kakasawa na, wala man lang bago. sana may mag-upload pa, mga games naman. :)

LNq-OT30v7w

bolabasket
06-26-2007, 06:31 AM
Guys, flashback to the 2005 Jones Cup. Story below. Seems the 2007 Qatar NT is still the same team we beat back then.

Monday, July 25, 2005
RP wins in first day of Jones Cup caging
NO REST. No Problem.

Dondon Hontiveros and Jayjay Helterbrand – both playing with only two hours of sleep – turned out to be the big difference for RP-San Miguel Beer which beat the fancied Qatarese, 82- 71, last Saturday in Day 1 of the 27th R. William Jones Cup Basketball Championships.

Hontiveros and Helterbrand – two of six Filipinos who came off a lengthy, sleep-depriving Las Vegas-Vancouver-Manila-Taipei flight – went on a late-game shooting tear at the Taipei Physical Education College Gym, combining for 20 points in a seven-minute, 24-9 fourth-quarter surge that gave the RP-SMB a fat 80-63 lead with only two minutes left in the game.

“This game stressed the value of the bench,” RP coach Chot Reyes, whose team hung on a precarious two-point lead, 56-54, early in the final period before Hontiveros and Helterbrand exploded.

Hontiveros scored all of his 11 points, including three treys, while Helterband scored 12, two completed three-point plays and one triple in the game-sealing run.

Small guys

“While it was Dondon and Jayjay who erupted in the fourth quarter, every single guy contributed in this win,” enthused Reyes. “Even the small guys were helping out the big guys in rebounding.”

True enough, Brandon Cablay knocked down four treys to lead the Nationals with 17 points in 19 minutes, while banger Rommel Adducul accounted for 10 points, five rebounds, and a steady dose of physical play in the paint.

Asi Taulava struggled and had more turnovers (six) than points (four), but the 6-foot-9 285-pound center got the job done on defense and on the boards with nine rebounds.

Qatar star Daoud Mussa, a 6-8 leaper who has won quite a number of Slam Dunk titles in the Asian Basketball circuit, topscored for Qatar with 19 points.

In other games, Russia massacred India, 107-76, South Korea walloped Kazakhstan, 89-69, Passing Lane Sports of the US, which also came off the Global Hoops Summit like the Philippines, routed Australia, 85-64, and home team Chinese-Taipei drubbed Japan, 73-61.

Fatigued

The Philippines, even with half of its roster severely fatigued, started out sharp, baffling the bigger Qataris with quick ball movement and non-stop motion offense. Behind Cablay and Adducul, the Filipinos took control early and cruised to a 47-29 halftime lead.

Qatar, which won the Fiba-Asia Champions Cup last May in Manila, cut the Filipinos lead to 56-52 in the third, and came even closer in the fourth before Hontiveros and Helterbrand took over down the stretch.

With Qatar’s gaudy stature in the Asian scene – it won the Stankovic Cup in Taiwan late last year – the victory is no doubt a big morale boost, although Reyes thinks the hard work is just beginning.

“It’s just one down, eight more to go. Competition here is really tough this year. We can’t take anyone lightly.”

RP-SMB (82) – Cablay 17, Helterbrand 12, Hontiveros 11, Adducul 10, de la Cruz 8, de Ocampo 8, Miller 7, Raymundo 4, Taulava 4, Williams 1. Qatar (71) – Daoud 17, Ali 12, Saeed 11, Bsher 7, Abdulla 6, Salem 6, Khamis 5, Al-Jabri 4, Abdullah 2, Baker 1. Quarterscores: 23-16, 47-29, 56-52, 82-71.

saints13
06-26-2007, 07:05 AM
the Qataris are adding Naturalized player each year, maybe they have some additional players renamed as Ali-BanBano or Ali-Bobo, let's just see them in the Jones Cup :)

saints13
06-26-2007, 07:09 AM
http://static.zooomr.com/images/2535683_13343b7d61_m.jpg

I got a link from Bolabasket about Jones Cup
try this link http://twhoops.blogspot.com/ taiwan hoops blog

ctongco
06-26-2007, 07:13 AM
http://static.zooomr.com/images/2535683_13343b7d61_m.jpg

I got a link from Bolabasket about Jones Cup
try this link http://twhoops.blogspot.com/ taiwan hoops blog

Thanks. Hopefully they will have fast updates.

Projectspeed
06-26-2007, 07:35 AM
Here is the official website of 2007 Jones Cup:D

however,,, it is in Chinese:D

http://jonescup.roodo.com/

:D

apiSigbinz
06-26-2007, 08:09 AM
Here is the official website of 2007 Jones Cup:D

however,,, it is in Chinese:D

http://jonescup.roodo.com/

their site sucks man!!!! :D

onono1
06-26-2007, 09:08 AM
Scouting!... They cannot accept that AIA (not officially the USA national team) could beat the shit out of their national team players while we Filipinos doesn't care... just go there and play!...

and the William Jones Cup is not a FIBA-sanctioned tournament... although the tournament itself was named after one of FIBA's founding fathers...

Yes, you are right. Scouting is one of the reason, and probably some nations think they wont gain anything if they compete at the annual jones cup tournament..so instead they send rag-tag team or weaker ballclub for international exposure.

brownwarrior
06-26-2007, 09:13 AM
we still have a week to do our novenas....
who knows god will be so kind that rp team will beat USA...

LOLZ.... hahaha
The fact that the U.S. players are coming from 11 different teams only means that they will groping for teamwork. They will be relying on their athletic abilities and their physical superiority (which is doubtful against teams like Iran, Jordan and Lebanon) to win..

I think this USA team is very beatable guys...

bolabasket
06-26-2007, 09:33 AM
The fact that the U.S. players are coming from 11 different teams only means that they will groping for teamwork. They will be relying on their athletic abilities and their physical superiority (which is doubtful against teams like Iran, Jordan and Lebanon) to win..

I think this USA team is very beatable guys...

AIA Roster for 2007 William Jones Cup

Tyler Wilkerson, 6-8, Marshall, So.
Eric Pollitz, 6-6, Miami(OH), So.
Tim Pollitz, 6-6, Miami(OH), Jr.
Darrin Nichols, 6-2, West Virginia, Jr.
Alex Ruoff, 6-6, West Virginia, So.
Brian Asbury, 6-7, Miami, So.
Zack Gibson, 6-10, Michigan, So.
Cliff Hammonds, 6-3, Clemson, Jr.
Todd Hendley, 6-9, UNC-Wilmington, Jr.
Donald Sloan, 6-2, Texas A&M, So.
Brad Harris, --, Lee College, --
Reed Rawlings, 6-7, Samford, --

Head coach: Mike Jarvis

source:
http://www.asia-basket.com/events/wjones/wjones.asp

Onizuka01
06-26-2007, 09:43 AM
Correct me on these Line-ups if I'm wrong I'm just trying to look at the performances of the players and team as a whole on how they duel on the past Jones Cup.
And the upcoming 29th Jones Cup, this tournament will serve as an outlook of the different Asian NT's in preparation for the upcoming FIBA-ASIA Champioships in Tokushima, Japan.

RP-PBA in 27th Jones Cup 2005
Finished 3rd Place

Asi Taulava
Brandon Cablay
Dennis Miranda
Yancy de Ocampo
Anthony Helterbrand
Dondon Hontiveros
Kerby Raymundo
Willie Miller
Rommel Adducul
Tony de la Cruz
Kelly Williams
Jondan Salvador

SMC-RP in 28th Jones Cup 2006 ( Not RP NT )
Finished 6th Place

Abraham Santos 193cm
Dennis Miranda 183cm
Lewis Tenorio 178cm
Donaldo Hontiveros 187cm
Joseph Yeo 185cm
Niño Canaleta 196cm
Willie Miller 180cm (Injured in 1st game, out of the competition)
Yancy de Ocampo 203cm
Arwind Santos 193cm
John Arigo 190cm
Ranidel de Ocampo 195cm
Albert Peek 193cm
( I dont know if these *** played though they are enlisted)
*** Anthony Dela Cruz 193cm
*** Nicholas Belasco 193cm
*** Joachim Thoss

RP-NT in Jones Cup 2007
(I'm not sure if this is the final line-up Coach Chot will be fielding in)

C Asi Taulava 6'9
F/C Mick Pennisi 6'9
F/C Eric Menk 6'6
F Kerby Raymundo 6'6
F/G Kelly Williams 6'5
G/F Gabe Norwood 6'5
G Dondon Hontiveros 6'2
G Renren Ritualo 6'1
G Mark Caguioa 6'1
G Jimmy Alapag 5'10
G Anthony Helterbrand 6'0
F Ranidel de Ocampo 6'6
G James Yap 6'2
F Tony de la Cruz 6'4
F Niño Canaleta 6'4

Good Luck Team Pilipinas :)

bolabasket
06-26-2007, 09:51 AM
Correct me on these Line-ups if I'm wrong I'm just trying to look at the performances of the players and team as a whole on how they duel on the past Jones Cup.
And the upcoming 29th Jones Cup, this tournament will serve as an outlook of the different Asian NT's in preparation for the upcoming FIBA-ASIA Champioships in Tokushima, Japan.

RP-PBA in 27th Jones Cup 2005
Finished 3rd Place

Asi Taulava
Brandon Cablay
Dennis Miranda
Yancy de Ocampo
Anthony Helterbrand
Dondon Hontiveros
Kerby Raymundo
Willie Miller
Rommel Adducul
Tony de la Cruz
Kelly Williams
Jondan Salvador

SMC-RP in 28th Jones Cup 2006 ( Not RP NT )
Finished 6th Place

Abraham Santos 193cm
Dennis Miranda 183cm
Lewis Tenorio 178cm
Donaldo Hontiveros 187cm
Joseph Yeo 185cm
Niño Canaleta 196cm
Willie Miller 180cm (Injured in 1st game, out of the competition)
Yancy de Ocampo 203cm
Arwind Santos 193cm
John Arigo 190cm
Ranidel de Ocampo 195cm
Albert Peek 193cm
( I dont know if these *** played though they are enlisted)
*** Anthony Dela Cruz 193cm
*** Nicholas Belasco 193cm
*** Joachim Thoss

RP-NT in Jones Cup 2007
(I'm not sure if this is the final line-up Coach Chot will be fielding in)

C Asi Taulava 6'9
F/C Mick Pennisi 6'9
F/C Eric Menk 6'6
F Kerby Raymundo 6'6
F/G Kelly Williams 6'5
G/F Gabe Norwood 6'5
G Dondon Hontiveros 6'2
G Renren Ritualo 6'1
G Mark Caguioa 6'1
G Jimmy Alapag 5'10
G Anthony Helterbrand 6'0
F Ranidel de Ocampo 6'6
G James Yap 6'2
F Tony de la Cruz 6'4
F Niño Canaleta 6'4

Good Luck Team Pilipinas :)
Like what Coach Chot Reyes said, they can have a 15-man line-up but will submit the final 12-man roster before July 2 (start of tournament).

Project888
06-26-2007, 11:01 AM
hope no one gets injured, go team philippines! WE BELIEVE!

sickcurtain_16
06-26-2007, 12:41 PM
Yeah, I agree. Injury should be the least worry of our team. A fighting 100% healthy team is the best thing.

Project888
06-26-2007, 02:23 PM
It's The Best Damn Thing

pachador
06-26-2007, 11:58 PM
TV coverage ng Jones Cup by ESPN daw. anong ESPN ba ito? sa asia lang or ESPN sa amerika din?
http://blog.roodo.com/jonescup/archives/3500071.html

RNHalawi
06-27-2007, 12:27 AM
TV coverage ng Jones Cup by ESPN daw. anong ESPN ba ito? sa asia lang or ESPN sa amerika din?
http://blog.roodo.com/jonescup/archives/3500071.html

bro ESPN STAR ata yan...ung pangASIA lang...

www.espnstar.com

ang gulo kasi nung site wala man lamang english version...

black_thorne2001
06-27-2007, 12:27 AM
hindi ba ito ipapalabas sa ABC5?

ctongco
06-27-2007, 12:33 AM
Please do follow forum rules. Read this (http://forums.interbasket.net/announcement.php?f=24). Thanks.

bolabasket
06-27-2007, 01:16 AM
Guys, what do you think would RP Team's win-loss record in the coming Jones' Cup? 10-0, 9-1, 7-3....

apiSigbinz
06-27-2007, 01:39 AM
Guys, what do you think would RP Team's win-loss record in the coming Jones' Cup? 10-0, 9-1, 7-3....

5-4 :D :D :D

protossdomain
06-27-2007, 04:19 AM

I am not into this kind of question.

The opposite applies. :D :D

jason_28c
06-27-2007, 04:50 AM
Are the games televise live? wat channel? reply pls

Projectspeed
06-27-2007, 05:34 AM
bro ESPN STAR ata yan...ung pangASIA lang...

www.espnstar.com

ang gulo kasi nung site wala man lamang english version...

it will be shown in cable under ESPN Star Sports:D however only in Taiwan and other Asian countries, ESPN Star Sports will not televised it in the Philippines...:D since the San Miguel-RP NT television rights for Philippines is exclusively owned by ABC 5:D

http://www.espnstar.com/tvtimes/tvtimes_index.jsp

tsk tsk:D business again:D

JB21
06-27-2007, 05:49 AM
Here's the ESPN Asia's broadcast schedule of William Jones Cup 2007 for those who are staying in Singapore and other Asian countries (except Phils. :mad: ) :) ... Happy viewing!

http://www.espnstar.com/tvtimes/tvtimes_searchresults.jsp

ESPN Asia Country: Singapore
Sports: Basketball From: 1-Jul-2007 To: 11-Jul-2007
All times are Singapore/Hong Kong times.
Key: L (Live); S (Same Day Delay); A (As Live); T (Taped); R (Repeat)

02-Jul-07 15:00 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
CHINESE TAIPEI, CHINESE TAIPEI
Korea Vs Qatar
Men'S (L) 02:00

02-Jul-07 17:00 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Usa Vs Philippines

03-Jul-07 13:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Chinese Taipei Vs Japan
Men'S 02:00

03-Jul-07 15:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Jordan Vs Korea

03-Jul-07 22:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Philippines Vs Lebanon

04-Jul-07 13:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Iran Vs Chinese Taipei

04-Jul-07 15:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Philippines Vs Japan

04-Jul-07 22:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Usa Vs Korea

05-Jul-07 13:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Chinese Taipei Vs Jordan

05-Jul-07 15:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Jordan Vs Usa

05-Jul-07 22:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Korea Vs Philippines

06-Jul-07 15:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Philippines Vs Jordan

07-Jul-07 10:00 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Iran Vs Korea

07-Jul-07 15:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Philippines Vs Iran

07-Jul-07 17:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Japan Vs Korea

08-Jul-07 13:00 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Korea Vs Lebanon

09-Jul-07 10:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Chinese Taipei Vs Philippines

09-Jul-07 15:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Qatar Vs Philippines

10-Jul-07 13:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Kazakhstan Vs Korea
Men'S 01:59

10-Jul-07 15:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Philippines Vs Kazakhstan

protossdomain
06-27-2007, 05:49 AM
it will be shown in cable under ESPN Star Sports:D however only in Taiwan and other Asian countries, ESPN Star Sports will not televised it in the Philippines...:D since the San Miguel-RP NT television rights for Philippines is exclusively owned by ABC 5:D

So let us be contented with sufficient news Internet and newspapers have to offer. :)

Cough! Cough! :confused:

Arghh... :(

kepweng
06-27-2007, 07:36 AM

Actually there are still no TV schedule on ESPN Philippines for the month of July. What you saw was only the ESPN Star Sports East Asia. I also checked the ESPN Taiwan and there are still no schedule for July. But the ESPN Asia already has a schedule in July like in Singapore. I heard that ABC5 and BTV will cover Jones Cup. So let's just wait...:)

JB21
06-27-2007, 07:49 AM
So let us be contented with sufficient news Internet and newspapers have to offer. :)

Cough! Cough! :confused:

Arghh... :(

How do you expect people to give full support for the SMC-RP NT if they don't even show RP NT games on local TV? It's but normal for people to have doubts since they have not really seen lately how the NT plays as a team ... Believing is one thing but sometimes, it's easier to believe when you see your NT playing in front of your very eyes ... internet or newspaper news (besides being late) can sometimes be deceiving as they don't show the complete picture on what really transpired in the game...

Let's all hope that efforts will be taken by the relevant people in order to locally televise (on time) our NT's games leading to Tokushima and in Tokushima !

Cheers :) ...

bolabasket
06-27-2007, 07:53 AM
Any relatives in Taiwan? Maybe he could cover the games and post (upload) in the net.

JB21
06-27-2007, 08:00 AM
Actually there are still no TV schedule on ESPN Philippines for the month of July. What you saw was only the ESPN Star Sports East Asia. I also checked the ESPN Taiwan and there are still no schedule for July. But the ESPN Asia already has a schedule in July like in Singapore. I heard that ABC5 and BTV will cover Jones Cup. So let's just wait...:)

STAR Taiwan will also show the Jones Cup 2007 games but only for some games played by their NT ... If they're already showing it in STAR Taiwan, maybe they won't have it anymore in ESPN Taiwan ... or maybe they will split the games broadcast between them ... or maybe, since it's being held in Taiwan, they would rather want the people to watch the games live rather than showing all the games on cable TV :) ...

... Just my thoughts :rolleyes:

jason_28c
06-27-2007, 08:01 AM
Bad Trip naman yan..............

apiSigbinz
06-27-2007, 08:12 AM
you can watch espn asia right at your table... just download sopcast from the net and waphack! that's it... :D

protossdomain
06-27-2007, 08:53 AM
Let's all hope that efforts will be taken by the relevant people in order to locally televise (on time) our NT's games leading to Tokushima and in Tokushima !

Cheers :) ...

If you are reading or conversing with the other threads, by now, you will be less than thrilled to know that your suggestion is just well improbable.

Holy Hand Grenade
06-27-2007, 09:48 AM
BTV will be covering the Jones Cup and the FIBA-Asia.

http://www.btv.com.ph/ncraa.html

Scroll down to the bottom.

protossdomain
06-27-2007, 09:54 AM
BTV will be covering the Jones Cup and the FIBA-Asia.

http://www.btv.com.ph/ncraa.html

Scroll down to the bottom.

This is good news. ;)

TauNgaVa
06-27-2007, 12:27 PM

talunin lang natin at tambakan ang mga TAEwanese NT solve na ko sa panonood sa Jones Cup hehehe. Kahit 1-9 pa ang record ng RP NT...

sickcurtain_16
06-27-2007, 01:00 PM
talunin lang natin at tambakan ang mga TAEwanese NT solve na ko sa panonood sa Jones Cup hehehe. Kahit 1-9 pa ang record ng RP NT...
2-8, beat the Taiwanese and then the AIA. :cool: Only loss of AIA will come from RP NT.

Taungava, post in inglesssss please. ;-)

TauNgaVa
06-27-2007, 01:07 PM
2-8, beat the Taiwanese and then the AIA. :cool: Only loss of AIA will come from RP NT.

Taungava, post in inglesssss please. ;-)

hehehe pasensya na dinudugo na ko sa kakaingless dito punasan ko muna ilong ko hehehe. tsaka na ko magiingless hihihihihi...

(sory bout my Ingless)

as i've said earlier beating the TAEwanese will satisfy me... want to know why?? hmmmm....

TauNgaVa
06-27-2007, 01:23 PM
loozersss...

:confused: :cool:

TauNgaVa
06-27-2007, 01:28 PM
(sori bout my english)

whatt?? what's with TAewan, why put them them to number 2, 4 or even numbah 1??? there's no special about them?? except their skinny looking,funny hairs and retarded looking creatures??....

Project888
06-27-2007, 03:01 PM
1st: RP TEAM
2nd: AIA
3rd: Lebanon team

their record: 8-2

pachador
06-27-2007, 03:27 PM
two questions:

1.) whats the best ? sopcast? free ba?

2.) puede rin ba i-download at save yung video sa sopcast?

you can watch espn asia right at your table... just download sopcast from the net and waphack! that's it... :D

sickcurtain_16
06-27-2007, 04:14 PM
as i've said earlier beating the TAEwanese will satisfy me... want to know why?? hmmmm....

Why? :-)

TauNgaVa
06-27-2007, 04:21 PM
Why? :-)

:p :D

sickcurtain_16
06-27-2007, 04:23 PM
hahahaha. I think I know why, or maybe not. :)

sickcurtain_16
06-27-2007, 04:43 PM
^^Hi Taungava. I hope you won't do that again man. Please, don't be like that. That's racism bro.

saints13
06-27-2007, 04:56 PM
loozersss...

hahaha :)

isipin nyo nga lately kung sino ba ang napikon na foreigner sa mga posts nating pinoy? :)
pakiramdaman niyo lang, feeling ko e regular na nagpopost din to e,nag-iba lang ng id, bagong gawa lng kase id nya e.
don't post any names here ha, palaisipan yan kung sino yan, hehe, kapag nagkatym ako na himay himayin yun mga post e aalamin ko talaga kung sino yan. :) malamang natatakot siya magpost ng kontra sa atin gamit yun tunay na acct niya, haha. kakatuwa naman oh :D wag nyo patulan, isip batang taga disyerto yata yan.hehehe

saints13
06-27-2007, 05:02 PM
(sori bout my english)

whatt?? what's with TAewan, why put them them to number 2, 4 or even numbah 1??? there's no special about them?? except their skinny looking,funny hairs and retarded looking creatures??....

taiwanese-hater? :D
I guess you don't like the way they handle Jones Cup with too much homecourt advantage :) lolz

saints13
06-27-2007, 05:33 PM
Asi Taulava 206cm 1973
Mick Penissi 204cm 1975
Erik Menk 199cm 1974
Kerby Raymundo 200cm 1980
Ranidel De Ocampo 195cm 1981
Kelly Williams 196cm
Gabe Norwood 196cm 1985
Nino Canaleta 196cm 1982
Tony Dela Cruz 193cm 1978
Dondon Hontiveros 188cm 1977
Renren Ritualo 188cm
Mark Caguioa 188cm 1979
James Yap 190cm
Jimmy Alapag 178cm 1977
Jay-Jay Helterbrand 183cm 1976

Head coach: Chot Reyes

sickcurtain_16
06-27-2007, 06:34 PM

isipin nyo nga lately kung sino ba ang napikon na foreigner sa mga posts nating pinoy? :)
pakiramdaman niyo lang, feeling ko e regular na nagpopost din to e,nag-iba lang ng id, bagong gawa lng kase id nya e.
don't post any names here ha, palaisipan yan kung sino yan, hehe, kapag nagkatym ako na himay himayin yun mga post e aalamin ko talaga kung sino yan. :) malamang natatakot siya magpost ng kontra sa atin gamit yun tunay na acct niya, haha. kakatuwa naman oh :D wag nyo patulan, isip batang taga disyerto yata yan.hehehe

Bro, he's not who you think he is. He's a Pinoy too. He's from Cebu. I checked his IP address location.

rensquared
06-27-2007, 11:54 PM
Bro, he's not who you think he is. He's a Pinoy too. He's from Cebu. I checked his IP address location.

HEhe.. Really? Then I guess he is a sore loser after all. Maybe. Hehe.. Nanggugulo lang yang hindut na yan. Haha

jason_28c
06-28-2007, 12:04 AM
Paano ba gamitin ang sopcast? mag download ba muna ako ng sopcast? help me naman pls.. thanks.. reply pls......

apiSigbinz
06-28-2007, 12:20 AM
Paano ba gamitin ang sopcast? mag download ba muna ako ng sopcast? help me naman pls.. thanks.. reply pls......

download ka lang ng sopcast at mgregister ka using any email ad then pili ka channel... wait for the channel to buffer!

viperbravo
06-28-2007, 12:25 AM

baliktarin mo ang MIRAK..hindi kaya sya yan?

apiSigbinz
06-28-2007, 12:26 AM
two questions:

1.) whats the best ? sopcast? free ba?

2.) puede rin ba i-download at save yung video sa sopcast?

its all free... i don't know bout the others but i use sopcast all the time, yep you can download anything that is shown in the sopcast player... just click record... just use VLC player for the output!

apiSigbinz
06-28-2007, 12:28 AM
baliktarin mo ang MIRAK..hindi kaya sya yan?

let's not accuse anyone dude.... just ignore him! :D

jason_28c
06-28-2007, 12:33 AM
Salamat.....................

apiSigbinz
06-28-2007, 12:37 AM
(sori bout my english)

you should wrote it in Tagalog, if Taipan can read this, he'll kill you!!!!!! :D :D :D

kerouac82
06-28-2007, 12:43 AM
download ka lang ng sopcast at mgregister ka using any email ad then pili ka channel... wait for the channel to buffer!

I just downloaded SopCast and registered on the network. Tried going to ESPN Sports, but it says "The channel is offline". Oh well.

limlioanglix
06-28-2007, 12:48 AM
(sori bout my english)

take it easy bro... baka yung RP Team natin ang gantihan nyan...:D

apiSigbinz
06-28-2007, 12:52 AM
I just downloaded SopCast and registered on the network. Tried going to ESPN Sports, but it says "The channel is offline". Oh well.

sometimes....... :D :D :D

apiSigbinz
06-28-2007, 12:55 AM
hey are you sure? i just check it now and it works fine here... their showing golf LPGA i think....

jason_28c
06-28-2007, 12:58 AM
so possible pala na di rin natin mapanood yung games...

viperbravo
06-28-2007, 01:06 AM

Try later bro...sometimes its offline!

apiSigbinz
06-28-2007, 01:15 AM
try nyo nga ang www.myp2p.eu well kung ayaw nyo..its ok. :cool:

oo na sige na try ko na.... :D :D :D

viperbravo
06-28-2007, 01:22 AM

oo na sige na try ko na.... :D :D :D

hehehe...naawa lang ako sa inyo bro! kaw naman masyado kang matampuin..syempre pareho tayong atat na atat mapanood ang mga laro diba...:D

nandyan din SOPCAST....etc..lahat lahat na, pumili nalang kayo!

walang bayad!

spreekanick
06-28-2007, 01:52 AM
i would want to watch it on TV live...i want it 2 b crisp and clear...mahina internet connection ko.huhuhu..i cant afford to watch it on sopcast or tvu..it would be a disaster.

:)

viperbravo
06-28-2007, 02:07 AM
i would want to watch it on TV live...i want it 2 b crisp and clear...mahina internet connection ko.huhuhu..i cant afford to watch it on sopcast or tvu..it would be a disaster.

:)

:( grrr, that hurts!

demonyito
06-28-2007, 02:26 AM
easy lang amigos;) nagpapahalata tayo nyan eh. baka di natin alam ang impact nyang sinasabi nyo....

trans : take it easy my friends

jason_28c
06-28-2007, 02:48 AM
Salamat sa inyo..hehehehehhehe

viperbravo
06-28-2007, 02:53 AM
easy lang amigos;) nagpapahalata tayo nyan eh. baka di natin alam ang impact nyang sinasabi nyo....

trans : take it easy my friends

hehehe,pihadong galit na galit na naman mga intsek! :D

trans: Good luck for the coming tournament!

joel23
06-28-2007, 03:15 AM
Danny Seigle's resting from major injury.., Erik Menk's back and then we will see if he's still fit and 100%... Also James Yap hope he will improve.. Tony DelaCruz must out of the team because he's cannot fit in international game. I hope Danny S. will come back soon for FIBA-Asia Olympic qualifying,. He is the one RP's no.1 topgunner, he's fit in 6'6 or 6'7 SG or SF. He needs to help them...

demonyito
06-28-2007, 04:25 AM
bah, sa akin wala yan but look...its a racial slur eh kung resbakan kayo nyan, balikan yung mga kababayan nating OFW sa kanila o yung mga players natin. and where we are and what thread? baka kala nyo nasa PEX or Pacland pa tayo:(

im not raising the issue but its just a concern. mabuti na yung may pumapansin eh ano na lang sasabihin nitong mga kulugo eh di talagang mayabang tayo.

trans : peace peace peace nothing but peace to our friends here in interbasket:)

geohunk
06-28-2007, 05:08 AM
sopcast doesnt work for me,,,i've installed it and it always gets an error message after a few seconds of streaming and the video just hangs....oh well

sickcurtain_16
06-28-2007, 06:09 AM
baliktarin mo ang ****..hindi kaya sya yan?

Bro, i've checked his IP. Pinoy din siya from cebu. Just never mind him. Let's not accuse anybody here.

pachador
06-28-2007, 06:44 AM
looks like ang jones cup coverage mga 2 in the morning sa US west coast :(
mag-damag pala ito
thanks !!!

saints13
06-28-2007, 07:26 AM
Bro, i've checked his IP. Pinoy din siya from cebu. Just never mind him. Let's not accuse anybody here.

ah okie :D

jason_28c
06-28-2007, 07:38 AM
ESPN PHILIPPINES Country: Philippines
Sports: Basketball From: 2-Jul-2007 To: 12-Jul-2007
All times are Singapore/Hong Kong times.
Key: L (Live); S (Same Day Delay); A (As Live); T (Taped); R (Repeat)
Download Schedule
Date Time Sport Event title Duration
02-Jul-07 15:00 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Korea Vs Qatar
02-Jul-07 17:00 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Usa Vs Philippines
02-Jul-07 19:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Chinese Taipei Vs Japan
03-Jul-07 02:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Korea Vs Qatar
03-Jul-07 13:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Usa Vs Philippines
03-Jul-07 15:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Jordan Vs Korea
03-Jul-07 17:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Philippines Vs Lebanon
03-Jul-07 19:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Iran Vs Chinese Taipei
04-Jul-07 02:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Jordan Vs Korea
04-Jul-07 06:30 Basketball WNBA ACTION 00:30
04-Jul-07 13:00 Basketball WNBA ACTION 00:30
04-Jul-07 13:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Philippines Vs Lebanon
04-Jul-07 15:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Philippines Vs Japan
04-Jul-07 17:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Usa Vs Korea
04-Jul-07 19:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Chinese Taipei Vs Jordan
05-Jul-07 02:30 Basketball 2007 WNBA BASKETBALL
SEATTLE, WA USA
Los Angeles Sparks Vs Seattle Storm 02:00
05-Jul-07 13:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Philippines Vs Japan
05-Jul-07 15:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Jordan Vs Usa
05-Jul-07 17:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Korea Vs Philippines
05-Jul-07 19:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Lebanon Vs Chinese Taipei
06-Jul-07 15:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Philippines Vs Jordan
06-Jul-07 17:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Iran Vs Korea
06-Jul-07 19:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Chinese Taipei Vs Kazakhstan
07-Jul-07 10:00 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Philippines Vs Jordan
07-Jul-07 15:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Philippines Vs Iran

jason_28c
06-28-2007, 07:39 AM
07-Jul-07 17:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Japan Vs Korea
07-Jul-07 19:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Qatar Vs Chinese Taipei
08-Jul-07 13:00 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Korea Vs Lebanon
08-Jul-07 15:00 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Iran Vs Kazakhstan
08-Jul-07 17:00 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
09-Jul-07 01:00 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Korea Vs Lebanon
09-Jul-07 13:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
09-Jul-07 15:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Qatar Vs Philippines
09-Jul-07 17:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Kazakhstan Vs Korea
09-Jul-07 19:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Usa Vs Chinese Taipei
10-Jul-07 02:30 Basketball 2007 WNBA BASKETBALL
SEATTLE, WA USA
Los Angeles Sparks Vs Seattle Storm 02:00
10-Jul-07 13:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Kazakhstan Vs Korea
10-Jul-07 15:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Philippines Vs Kazakhstan
10-Jul-07 17:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Iran Vs Usa
10-Jul-07 19:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Chinese Taipei Vs Korea
Men'S (L) 02:30
11-Jul-07 07:30 Basketball WNBA ACTION 00:30
11-Jul-07 15:00 Basketball WNBA ACTION 00:30
11-Jul-07 15:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Chinese Taipei Vs Korea
11-Jul-07 17:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Korea Vs Chinese Taipei White
Women'S (L) 02:00
11-Jul-07 19:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Chinese Taipei Blue Vs Usa
12-Jul-07 02:30 Basketball 2007 WNBA BASKETBALL
AUBURN HILLS, MI USA
Chicago Sky Vs Detroit Shock 02:00
12-Jul-07 13:30 Basketball 2007 WNBA BASKETBALL
AUBURN HILLS, MI USA
Chicago Sky Vs Detroit Shock 02:00
12-Jul-07 15:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Chinese Taipei Blue Vs Usa
Women'S 02:00
12-Jul-07 17:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Chinese Taipei White Vs New Zealand
12-Jul-07 19:30 Basketball WILLIAM JONES CUP INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL
Japan Vs Chinese Taipei Blue

jason_28c
06-28-2007, 07:44 AM
Sa espn pala ipapalabas... yehey................

spanishman
06-28-2007, 08:32 AM
Guys, I think the RP team can make it the top 3 this coming Jones Cup. With the inclusion of the 4 new players, they can beat all of them!

I believe, the RP team can win!win the Championships!

ES QUE SI NO GANA FILIPINAS ESA COPA JONES... MEJOR QUE SE DESPIDA DE ESTAR EN PEKIN 2008...

IF PHILIPPINES DON´T WIN JONES CUP... PHILIPPINES COULD BE CONSIDER LIKE A VERY POOR TEAM.

igorotski
06-28-2007, 08:38 AM
ES QUE SI NO GANA FILIPINAS ESA COPA JONES... MEJOR QUE SE DESPIDA DE ESTAR EN PEKIN 2008...

IF PHILIPPINES DON´T WIN JONES CUP... PHILIPPINES COULD BE CONSIDER LIKE A VERY POOR TEAM.

Asian chamipnships is the real tourney. if we lose there, then everyone can say we're a poor team. i dont expect teams at Jones Cup to show all their magic tricks yet.

look at the 90's we won the gold at jones cup but failed at asian games. shud we hav said "oh korea lost Jones Cup, it's a poor team." but the thing was, it beat us at asian games--the grand tourney.

jrb0yd
06-28-2007, 09:26 AM
Sa espn pala ipapalabas... yehey................

yeah exactly... finally... here is the link... http://www.espnstar.com/tvtimes/tvtimes_index.jsp

go to phils then espn phils then jully2-10 and there's the sched...

demonyito
06-28-2007, 09:42 AM

its actually a two way plan. one is to play hard again just to prove something and to satisfy most of us here. the other way is taking it easy, avoiding injury risk plays to preserve healthy line up for Tokushima tourney.

bolabasket
06-28-2007, 09:45 AM
yeah exactly... finally... here is the link... http://www.espnstar.com/tvtimes/tvtimes_index.jsp

go to phils then espn phils then jully2-10 and there's the sched...
is that 5:00 pm Philippine time? Hong Kong ang Taipei have the same time zone with RP right?

jrb0yd
06-28-2007, 09:51 AM
is that 5:00 pm Philippine time? Hong Kong ang Taipei have the same time zone with RP right?

yep they all have the same time...

viperbravo
06-28-2007, 10:09 AM

:rolleyes: :eek: :p ....yeah yeah...sfanismin!

Kagasi mo kun sin-o ka na español ka ah, basi kung sipaon ta ikaw dara nyan..sfanismin, kun gapangita ka ning gulo..itao ko sa imu...

trans: nice one my friend! Keep up the good work!

bolabasket
06-28-2007, 10:15 AM

so you speak Chabacano?

watiwawa
06-28-2007, 10:41 AM
akala ko btv??? mas trip ko btv... may replay ng umaga.. bgo ako pumasok sa skul may replay.. hehehe.... pro bsta mapalabas aus nah!!!

Ventisei26
06-28-2007, 11:07 AM

Trans: If the Philippines doesn't win the Jones Cup, then you better say goodbye to Beijing 2008..

Don't worry dude, Jones Cup is not the Olympic qualifying tournament. If the Philippines didn't win the Jones Cup, it's okay, because the tournament in Japan is more important.

Vive usted en España o en Estados Unidos?

spreekanick
06-28-2007, 11:18 AM
why is it called chinese taipei blue? is it their NT?

igorotski
06-28-2007, 11:36 AM
Trans: If the Philippines doesn't win the Jones Cup, then you better say goodbye to Beijing 2008..

Don't worry dude, Jones Cup is not the Olympic qualifying tournament. If the Philippines didn't win the Jones Cup, it's okay, because the tournament in Japan is more important.

well said!

btw, thx for the translation.

anyways, do u speak spanish? chavacano?

TauNgaVa
06-28-2007, 11:44 AM
(sori bout my engleshhh)

I can't wait :D it's been a while since i saw RP team play on TV.

TauNgaVa
06-28-2007, 11:56 AM
^^Hi Taungava. I hope you won't do that again man. Please, don't be like that. That's racism bro.

(sory bout my engleshhh)

Tagalog na lang nga

sensya na kayu guys meron lang akong karanasan sa TAEwan eh ayokong ilahad pa dito hehehe... nagpunta kami taewan noong sina arwind santos at ali peek ang ipinadala sa jones cup hehehe. In Fairness marami nainlab na TaeWanese kay arwind santos at Joseph Yeo hehehe...

wag nyo na lang itranslate hehe...

StreakShutr
06-28-2007, 09:46 PM
Is there by any chance that we can watch the game here in the US?

RayV
06-29-2007, 12:26 AM
^ I think it is possible via internet TV such as SopCast, etc.

prince75
06-29-2007, 12:52 AM
At last guys, we would be able to see the games. You see, even ESPN knows the importance of these games to the fans of the different countries who are joining. What i cant understand is why are local stations are not to hot on airing this games, most especially ABC, instead of showing American Idol reruns and even PBA games replay they should have shown the games of the RP NT.

Hurrah, now, LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

bolabasket
06-29-2007, 04:41 AM
At last guys, we would be able to see the games. You see, even ESPN knows the importance of these games to the fans of the different countries who are joining. What i cant understand is why are local stations are not to hot on airing this games, most especially ABC, instead of showing American Idol reruns and even PBA games replay they should have shown the games of the RP NT.

Hurrah, now, LET THE GAMES BEGIN!
3 more days na lang.....

saints13
06-29-2007, 05:52 AM
ei wait..
pakilist down naman kung saan saan mapapanuod ang Jones Cup..
sino po ba ang mabait na gagawa ng masterlist :D

JET007
06-29-2007, 06:05 AM
why is it called chinese taipei blue? is it their NT?
I have a question: Why isnt chinese taipei just called team taiwan?:confused:

Phantim3dx
06-29-2007, 06:25 AM
I have a question: Why isnt chinese taipei just called team taiwan?:confused:

you follow much about international politics, foreign policies, China-Taiwan disputes...

if not i'll give you a quick run down, if Taiwan calls itself Taiwan, it would be treated as a seperate country, and China would be pissed. They would go to war, and that would mean USA and Japan have to somehow intervene.

JET007
06-29-2007, 06:32 AM
you follow much about international politics, foreign policies, China-Taiwan disputes...

if not i'll give you a quick run down, if Taiwan calls itself Taiwan, it would be treated as a seperate country, and China would be pissed. They would go to war, and that would mean USA and Japan have to somehow intervene.
oh yeah...just what I thought! Thanks pare!(if your filipino)

Phantim3dx
06-29-2007, 06:33 AM
i am a fil-am ,but im sure some of you here think im a fil sham since im so critical of the fil nt team :cool:

JET007
06-29-2007, 06:46 AM
i am a fil-am ,but im sure some of you here think im a fil sham since im so critical of the fil nt team :cool:
wer you born in the US or in PHILS?

jason_28c
06-29-2007, 06:52 AM
ano ibig sabihin pag sinabi na sopcast player hasn't initialized? reply pls

donmar
06-29-2007, 06:53 AM

hehehehe!!... that's funny!... you've just give the new meaning for Fil-Sham!:D ... Don't worry I won't call you a Fil-Sham!

meloy
06-29-2007, 09:37 AM
:) :) :eek: :eek: hehehehe mapapanood ko pala team filipinas eh.

phevergy
06-29-2007, 01:23 PM
hi there...just recently during the PBA games between Sanmig and ALASKA aces,they post the sched of RP team playing in Jones...and they say it will be aired live....good news though...

saints13
06-29-2007, 03:42 PM
hi there...just recently during the PBA games between Sanmig and ALASKA aces,they post the sched of RP team playing in Jones...and they say it will be aired live....good news though...

yehey! good development yan! :D

J`Shooter
06-29-2007, 08:43 PM

Eventhough we didn't win the 29th Jones Cup, the most important here, is we need to assess other asian team for the qualifying round in Japan. We must be at the 1st place if the Chinese will be the champion, because automatically, they are already qualified for the Olympics as a host country or if the Chinese didn't make it, therefore we must be the champion to qualify for the Olympics.

J`Shooter
06-29-2007, 08:53 PM
well said!

btw, thx for the translation.

anyways, do u speak spanish? chavacano?

I agree Igorotski, that's why, CHINA will only send their TEAM B.

J`Shooter
06-29-2007, 09:13 PM
(sory bout my engleshhh)

Tagalog na lang nga

sensya na kayu guys meron lang akong karanasan sa TAEwan eh ayokong ilahad pa dito hehehe... nagpunta kami taewan noong sina arwind santos at ali peek ang ipinadala sa jones cup hehehe. In Fairness marami nainlab na TaeWanese kay arwind santos at Joseph Yeo hehehe...

wag nyo na lang itranslate hehe...

haahha... you make me laugh there man with your TAEWANESE term...are you there in Taiwan now? you work there???

apiSigbinz
06-30-2007, 01:03 AM
:rolleyes: :eek: :p ....yeah yeah...sfanismin!

Kagasi mo kun sin-o ka na español ka ah, basi kung sipaon ta ikaw dara nyan..sfanismin, kun gapangita ka ning gulo..itao ko sa imu...

trans: nice one my friend! Keep up the good work!

nyahahahaha nice one!!! :D

bolabasket
06-30-2007, 03:31 AM
all die-hard RP team supporters will be glued to their seats come 5PM July 2....:D :D :D

saints13
06-30-2007, 03:36 AM
all die-hard RP team supporters will be glued to their seats come 5PM July 2....:D :D :D

5pm ba yun RP team vs. AIA (USA)? :D
channel 5 or sa cable?

bolabasket
06-30-2007, 04:06 AM
nyahahahaha nice one!!! :D
KASABOT KO....
translation: AGREE

J`Shooter
06-30-2007, 04:35 AM
Oh man...James Yap too small for the SG position by RP standards?? so how do you consider MC or Ren2x?? very2x small??

It's my first time to hear the RP standard thing. Anyways, I am totally disagree of what you said that you should not consider James for the National Team. Have you ever seen him play basketball? you are just being bias. he's not that small he's not 5'9 man... ok? but he's playing with talent and a good shooter.

spreekanick
06-30-2007, 05:10 AM
help..can anyone give me a brief background of AIA? are they good? can they be compared to a NCAA DIV 1 team? saw their website and all i saw is their gospel motivation and encouagement through sports..hehehe

saints13
06-30-2007, 03:16 PM
help..can anyone give me a brief background of AIA? are they good? can they be compared to a NCAA DIV 1 team? saw their website and all i saw is their gospel motivation and encouagement through sports..hehehe

they're mixed ex-pro players and NCAA players, mostly from Division 1. :D
I forgot where I posted their line-up, but you may check them in asia-basket.com, they're good, they better be good :D

jason_28c
07-01-2007, 01:23 AM
Gametime na.....

donmar
07-01-2007, 01:38 AM
It gonna be a big test not only for the Philippines but the rest of the Asian countries... AIA-USA is the defending champion... they didn't win the Jones Cup last year for nothing!

protossdomain
07-01-2007, 04:08 AM
It gonna be a big test not only for the Philippines but the rest of the Asian countries... AIA-USA is the defending champion... they didn't win the Jones Cup last year for nothing!

Yup. They have the greatest line-up. No less than our Lord Jesus will be playing with them. :)

I feel blessed that AIA has this burden to share the good news that is the gift of salvation through Jesus Christ. All of the participating teams with the exception of Team Pilipinas may just well stumbled with the name of Jesus only their history books and television.

Let us help AIA pray that may God use them so that Jesus' Glory be known and that many will receive Him as their personal Lord and Savior through their basketball ministry, just the way I have known Christ. :)

But let us also pray that Team Philippines with all the practises and training, will beat AIA soundly and lovingly.

Do I hear an AMEN?!? :D

saints13
07-01-2007, 04:24 AM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNN NNNN:rolleyes:

meloy
07-01-2007, 05:45 AM
team Philippines is playing with a saint.

SAN MIGUEL eheheeeee:eek:

saints13
07-01-2007, 05:59 AM
Kazakhstan NT

Head coach: Vitaliy Strebkov
Assistant: Alexey Yeropkin

Anton Ponomarev 1988.10.31 209 100
Rustam Yargavliev 1986.12.20 193 90
Ivan Nechayev 1982.12.09 183 80
Alexandr Tyutyunik 1990.07.05 195 95
Andrey Shpekht 1976.01.31 195 95
Yegor Biryulin 1986.11.17 185 93
Yevgeniy Issakov 1982.04.20 202 90
Maxim Voyeikov 1988.09.13 195 89
Mikhail Yevstigneyev 1984.07.05 203 108
Artyom Skornyakov 1990.08.28 209 108
Dmitriy Gavrilov 1986.11.27 203 92
Dmitriy Korovnikov 1976.05.25 200 100

Qatar NT

Head coach: Edward Allen Andrist
Assistants: Eric Darrel Shaw-Gardow, Christopher Adam Westlake

1 Saad Abdulrahman Ali 1985.02.05 189 101
3 Khalid Masoud Al Nasr 1980.10.09 178 78
7 Daoud Mosa Daoud 1982.02.02 193 94
9 Ali Turki Ali 1982.10.01 203 113
10 Yasseen Ismail Musa 1980.12.08 203 91
11 Osama Adel Moutalga 1985.07.01 180 80
15 Omer Abdgader Salem 1983.10.01 205 104
16 Malek Salem Abdulla 1985.05.13 193 85
21 Khalid Suliman Abdi 1987.07.02 198 91
22 Salman AbuFaisal 1979.06.04 178 78
23 Erfan Ali Saeed 1983.12.20 200 95
24 Hashim Zaidan Bsher 1980.08.13 208 112
30 Baker Ahmad Mohammed 1986.11.08 200 106
31 Hammam Omer Ismail 1983.09.15 200 80
33 Mohd Yousuf Mohmmed 1982.09.09 202 100
34 Mohammed Seleem Abdulla 1982.07.17 202 117

Athletes in Action (USA)

Assistants: Morris Michalski, Jason Beschta

Brian Asbury 1986.10.01 201 98
Cliff Hammonds 1986.01.01 191 89
Bradley Harris 1986.06.30 188 79
Darris Nichols 1986.05.20 191 91
Eric Pollitz 1986.01.20 198 97
Tim Pollitz 1986.01.20 198 97
Alex Ruoff 1986.08.29 198 95
Donald Sloan 1988.01.15 188 91
Reed Rawlings 1978.09.01 201 98
Tyler Wilkerson 1988.07.25 188 109
Zack Gibson 1987.09.07 208 102
Todd Hendley 1984.06.17 206 102

Philippines NT

Head coach: Vincent P. Reyes
Assistants: Salvador Antonio Castro, Raoul Ceasar Racela

4 Mark Anthony Caguioa 1979.11.19 183 77
5 James Carlos Yap 1982.02.15 191 86
6 Jimmy Alapag 1977.12.30 175 77
7 Donaldo Hontiveros 1977.06.01 189 82
8 Pauliasi Taulava 1973.03.02 206 125
9 Ranidel De Ocampo 1981.12.08 198 94
10 Gabriel Daniel Norwood 1985.02.09 196 86
11 Michael Pennisi 1975.03.03 210 114
12 Kerby Reymundo 1981.01.19 201 95
13 Anthony Helterbrand 1976.10.14 183 86
14 Florendo Ritualo Jr. 1979.06.14 183 83
15 Kelly Williams 1982.02.07 196 98

Jordan NT

Head coach: Mario Palma
Assistants: Mario Gomes, Zoran Dokic

4 Fadel Anajjar 1985.04.03 194 92
5 Rashiem Wright 1981.07.21 193 90
6 Zaid Abbaas 1983.11.21 203 96
7 Mousa Alawadi 1985.07.20 185 97
8 Issamorcos Beida Kamel 1983.01.01 195 89
9 Enver Soobzokov 1978.05.03 194 92
10 Mousa Bashir 1978.07.13 208 110
11 Wesam Al-Sous 1983.02.24 181 78
12 Jamal Almaaytah 1981.02.24 213 120
13 Zaid Alkhas 1976.03.07 204 115
14 Abbas Islam 1980.03.11 200 115
15 Ayman Idais 1978.06.28 205 96
Osama Daghles

South Korea NT

Head coach: Choi Bu-Yung
Assistants: Lee Min-Hyun, Kang Jung-Soo

4 Ha Seung-Jin 1985.08.04 223 130
5 Shin Ki-Sung 1985.04.30 180 80
6 Yang Dong-Geun 1981.09.14 180 81
7 Kang Byung-Hyun 1985.03.03 192 84
8 Kim Joo-Sung 1979.11.09 205 93
9 Lee Kyu-Sup 1977.11.13 197 97
10 Kim Dong-Woo 1980.02.03 200 95
11 Kim Seung-Hyun 1978.11.23 178 78
12 Yang Hee-Jong 1984.05.11 195 94
13 Cha Jae-Young 1984.08.05 196 83
14 Sandrin Daniel R. 1980.01.27 200 96
15 Kim Min-Soo 1982.01.16 200 93

Iran NT

Head coach: Rajko Toroman
Assistant: Hahran Hatami

4 Pooya Tadjik 1980.09.21 200 93
5 Amir Amini 1984.06.10 193 75
6 Javad Davan 1983.04.25 184 75
7 M.S. Nikkhah Bahrami 1983.05.11 199 88
8 Aidin Nikkhah Bahrami 1982.02.05 200 83
9 Iman Zandi Mashhadi 1981.09.19 189 78
10 Hamed Afagh Eslamieh 1983.02.01 188 73
11 Hamed Sourabnejad 1983.05.07 208 83
12 Oshin Sahakian1986.03.21 203 91
13 Ali Doraghi 1984.09.20 207 98
14 Moosa Nablpoor 1983.08.14 213 100
15 Hamed Ehadadi 1985.05.19 217 103

Japan World University Games NT

Head coach: Hasegawa, Kenji
Assistant: Won Byung-Sun

4 Machida, Yosuke 1983.04.04 197 92
5 Onishi, Takanori 1983.04.03 195 95
6 Oya, Shusaka 1983.08.29 193 91
7 Ishizaki, Takumi 1984.07.06 187 85
8 Kikuchi, Shohei 1984.08.27 190 85
9 Inoue, Akihito 1984.10.08 197 88
10 Sakai, Taiji 1984.08.28 187 87
11 Shonaka, Takeki 1984.09.15 180 76
12 Okada, Yusuke 1984.09.17 184 80
13 Kantake, Hayato 1986.08.01 194 80
14 Ono, Ryumo 1988.01.06 197 97

Lebanon NT

Head coach: Dragan Raca
Assistant: Kousay Khalaf

Mohamad Ibrahim 1983.04.10 198 102
Jean Abd El Nour 1983.11.29 196 95
Hussein Tawbe 1982.07.16 198 96
Ali Mahmoud 1983.05.28 186 82
Rony Fahed 1981.11.06 186 85
Omar El Turk 1981.09.30 192 88
Brian Feghali 1977.12.30 206 110
Roy Samaha 1984.09.12 205 112
Joseph Vogel 1973.09.15 211 115
Ali Fakhreddine 1983.04.03 204 102
Mazen Mneinmeh 1986.02.01 195 95
Bassem Balaa 1981.07.10 198 98
El Cheikh Fadi El Khatib 1979.01.01 197 106

Taiwan NT 15-man roster

Head coach: Chung Kwang Suk
Assistant: Liu Jia-fa

Lee Hsueh-lin (Yulon)
Hsu Hao-cheng (TB)
Chen Shih-nian (TB)
Wu Yong-jen (VL)
Lin Chih-jay (TB)
Chou Shih-yuan (Yulon)
Chen Hsin-an (Yulon)
Lu Cheng-ju (Yulon)
Yang Che-yi (VL)
Yang Chin-min (BOT)
Lin Yi-huei (Dacin)
Lee Chi-yi (VL)
Yua Ying-li (BOT)
Tsun Wen-din (Yulon)
Wu Dai-hao (ETSN)

Onizuka01
07-01-2007, 06:33 AM
I just hope any1 out there, pls record the games of our RP NT in Jones Cup and upload the games via youtube pls :) thanks po! :D

demonyito
07-01-2007, 09:05 AM
Yup. They have the greatest line-up. No less than our Lord Jesus will be playing with them. :)

I feel blessed that AIA has this burden to share the good news that is the gift of salvation through Jesus Christ. All of the participating teams with the exception of Team Pilipinas may just well stumbled with the name of Jesus only their history books and television.

Let us help AIA pray that may God use them so that Jesus' Glory be known and that many will receive Him as their personal Lord and Savior through their basketball ministry, just the way I have known Christ. :)

But let us also pray that Team Philippines with all the practises and training, will beat AIA soundly and lovingly.

Do I hear an AMEN?!? :D

AMEN!! alleluia in Jesus name we praise you alleluia shabalap shalala shabala shalala boom tararat

papara
07-01-2007, 11:03 AM
double post . :)

papara
07-01-2007, 11:10 AM
We’re not in the Jones Cup to win the crown. If we’re to win a championship, I want that to happen in Japan,” said Reyes on the eve of their departure.

http://philstar.com/index.php?Sports&p=49&type=2&sec=30&aid=2007063095

I dunno but for me... every game that we play internationally we should go for the win. Respect is big and we should establish that in asia...

We need to tell other teams that were not pushover... blow them out in every game and thats respect!

Holy Hand Grenade
07-01-2007, 12:53 PM
AMEN!! alleluia in Jesus name we praise you alleluia shabalap shalala shabala shalala boom tararat

First time I've ever seen POSTING in Tongues. Well, besides this tongue:

:p

TauNgaVa
07-01-2007, 01:54 PM
is our RP Team the oldest and the shortest?? :D

rhk111
07-01-2007, 01:55 PM
We’re not in the Jones Cup to win the crown. If we’re to win a championship, I want that to happen in Japan,” said Reyes on the eve of their departure.

http://philstar.com/index.php?Sports&p=49&type=2&sec=30&aid=2007063095

I dunno but for me... every game that we play internationally we should go for the win. Respect is big and we should establish that in asia...

We need to tell other teams that were not pushover... blow them out in every game and thats respect!

We will not earn the region's respect, even if we win in the Jones Cup. We will, if we win in the FIBA-Asia Men's Championship tournament.

The other teams likely feel the same, because most of them will be WILLING to lose in these Jones Cup tournament, if it means showing their opponent's hand, while showing as little of theirs as possible.

A good example: Joseph Vogel injured? Maybe, but I won't be surprise if he'll "heal" just in time for the FIBA-Asia tournament.

I don't expect the RP NT to win in these tournaments. In fact, I DON'T want them to win in the Jones Cup. I just want to watch some great international level brand of play involving the RP NT.

papara
07-01-2007, 02:27 PM
Im not referring to Jones Cup only. We need to start winning games already. Blowout win by other teams over RP will not help us even if its in Jones Cup.

rhk111
07-01-2007, 02:33 PM
We need to win at FIBA-Asia, not in the other tournaments.

We will not earn the region's respect, if we keep winning minor tournaments like the Jones Cup, while losing at FIBA-Asia.

The 1998 RP NT WON the Jones Cup, & look what happened to them.

We need to stay focused on the FIBA-Asia tournament.

Anytime we play against stronger teams like in Iran & Belgrade, it will help us, blowout or not.

saints13
07-01-2007, 02:44 PM

you've got a good attitude dude..
that's what I like about Filipino pride... :D
well, if we can blow them out any given night, then why not :)

but I think, Coach Chot and the SMC-RP team people got cautious already, they don't wanna give comments like "we can beat China and Yao Ming but we don't know how". :D at least they are being realistic.

pinoyballer
07-01-2007, 04:11 PM
Lee Hsueh-lin (Yulon) 176 G
Hsu Hao-cheng (TB) 178 G
Chen Shih-nian (TB) 196 G/F
Wu Yong-jen (VL) 177 G
Lin Chih-jay (TB) 192 G
Chou Shih-yuan (Yulon) 190 G/F
Chen Hsin-an (Yulon) 196 G/F
Lu Cheng-ju (Yulon) 194 F
Yang Che-yi (VL) 193 F
Yang Chin-min (BOT) 188 G
Lin Yi-huei (Dacin) 193 F
Lee Chi-yi (VL) 200 F/C
Yua Ying-li (BOT) 195 F
Tsun Wen-din (Yulon) 203 C
Wu Dai-hao (ETSN) 208 C

saints13
07-01-2007, 04:20 PM
timecheck 12 midnight..July 2 na, Jones Cup na..unfortunately e sira talaga ang reception ko ng channel 5 natry ko kanina sa video capture card, ndi ko mauupload sa youtube ang jones cup..kung sino man ang makakapag-upload dyan, pls lang paupload..it will benefit those Filipinos abroad na ndi makakanood especially those peeps in Middle East and Ocenia :D

pinoyballer
07-01-2007, 04:48 PM
Here are the heights from the Jones Cup rosters:

Iran 6'6.8"
Jordan 6'5.9"
Lebanon 6'5.9"
Kazakhstan 6'5.8"
USA 6'5.3"
Qatar 6'5.1"
South Korea 6'5"
Philippines 6'4.2"
Taiwan 6'3.5"
Japan 6'3.2"

Is it true that Japan is sending only its University Games team?

saints13
07-01-2007, 05:00 PM
Is it true that Japan is sending only its University Games team?

yeah it's true, and the rest are sending their Tokushima-bound NT, that's what the Jones Cup organizers assured Coach Chot.

pinoyballer
07-01-2007, 05:14 PM
Japan's senior NT is slightly taller than the Philippines: 6'4.6"

While the Philippines' tallest is about 6'10", Jordan has a 7'0", Iran (a huge team) has a 7'0", a 7'1", a 6'10", and a 6'9". Korea has a 7'4"! Lebanon has a 6'11", a 6'9" and a couple of 6'8".

ctongco
07-01-2007, 11:11 PM
Japan's senior NT is slightly taller than the Philippines: 6'4.6"

While the Philippines' tallest is about 6'10", Jordan has a 7'0", Iran (a huge team) has a 7'0", a 7'1", a 6'10", and a 6'9". Korea has a 7'4"! Lebanon has a 6'11", a 6'9" and a couple of 6'8".

I don't think the Philippines has a player at 6'10. The tallest player is Asi Taulava and he is only 6'8.

pinoyballer
07-02-2007, 12:08 AM
I don't think the Philippines has a player at 6'10. The tallest player is Asi Taulava and he is only 6'8.

I just copied these:

From asia-basket.com:

4 Mark Anthony Caguioa 183 (6'0")
5 James Carlos Yap 191 (6'3")
6 Jimmy Alapag 175 (5'9")
7 Donaldo Hontiveros 189 (6'2")
8 Pauliasi Taulava 206 (6'9")
9 Ranidel De Ocampo 198 (6'6")
10 Gabriel Daniel Norwood 196 (6'5")
11 Michael Pennisi 210 (6'10")
12 Kerby Reymundo 201 (6'7")
13 Anthony Helterbrand 183 (6'0")
14 Florendo Ritualo Jr. 183 (6'0")
15 Kelly Williams 196 (6'5")

From pba.ph:

Canaleta 6'5" (196)
Menk 6'7" (201)
Williams 6'6" (198)

But even with some inflated heights, the Philippines is the 3rd shortest team. In the FIBA-Asia, it might be the 3rd shortest team again, taller only than the Taiwanese and Indonesians (?).

jason_28c
07-02-2007, 12:30 AM
malakas din ang south korea.. maglalaro pala si HA..... saka di naman mga bago yung player nila.. team to beat ang korea dito sa jones cup...

protossdomain
07-02-2007, 12:33 AM
We need to win at FIBA-Asia, not in the other tournaments.

We will not earn the region's respect, if we keep winning minor tournaments like the Jones Cup, while losing at FIBA-Asia.

The 1998 RP NT WON the Jones Cup, & look what happened to them.

We need to stay focused on the FIBA-Asia tournament.

Anytime we play against stronger teams like in Iran & Belgrade, it will help us, blowout or not.

In Jones Cup, we must try to win every game but not make it as the ultimate goal unlike in the Asian Qualifiers.

rhk111
07-02-2007, 12:48 AM
^^^
"Try" is okay, but if it means showing our hand while the opponent hides theirs, its not worth it.

If we win, fine. If we lose, well, too bad, but I won't feel as bad, as in we lose in Tokushima.

protossdomain
07-02-2007, 01:53 AM
^^^
"Try" is okay, but if it means showing our hand while the opponent hides theirs, its not worth it.

If we win, fine. If we lose, well, too bad, but I won't feel as bad, as in we lose in Tokushima.

That is practically what I've said. :rolleyes:

rhk111
07-02-2007, 02:02 AM
I just expounded on it, since the way you put it was too simplistic.

demonyito
07-02-2007, 02:06 AM

Penissi was listed as 210cms, roughly 6'11?

protossdomain
07-02-2007, 02:09 AM
I just expounded on it, since the way you put it was too simplistic.

Expounding simplistic matters... Hmm, that's new. :D

joel23
07-02-2007, 02:18 AM
What cable channel live the Jones Cup??.. What taipei channel? Any know??? if you know message me... I'm waiting... SBS right???

jundakki
07-02-2007, 02:35 AM
What cable channel live the Jones Cup??.. What taipei channel? Any know??? if you know message me... I'm waiting... SBS right???

ESPN Phil. will air it live.

http://www.espnstar.com/tvtimes/tvtimes_searchresults.jsp?page=1

jason_28c
07-02-2007, 02:59 AM
sa videoland channel.. sa destiny cable meron nun dati pero tinanggal na ng destiny cable sa program of channel nila..

jason_28c
07-02-2007, 03:09 AM
joel23... try mo videoland channel.... sa destiny meron dati nun pero tinanggal na nila sa program of channels nila

joel23
07-02-2007, 03:13 AM
sa tvants.com kaya ba meron???

Burndvinyard
07-02-2007, 04:27 AM
Penissi was listed as 210cms, roughly 6'11?

Penissi is a bit taller than Taulava. Could be near 6'10 or over it. Taulava is over 6'8", almost 6'9" minus the hair. And over 6'9" with his crown...:)

RNHalawi
07-02-2007, 05:07 AM
Jordan defeated Kazakhstan....

source: http://jonescup.roodo.com

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/5162/jonecupresultjuly2ew8.jpg

protossdomain
07-02-2007, 05:37 AM
Jordan defeated Kazakhstan....

source: http://jonescup.roodo.com

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/5162/jonecupresultjuly2ew8.jpg

CAN'T WAIT TILL LATER...

bolabasket
07-02-2007, 06:03 AM
COMPLETE RSOTER FOR 2007 JONES' CUP
Kazakhstan NT

Head coach: Vitaliy Strebkov
Assistant: Alexey Yeropkin

Anton Ponomarev 1988.10.31 209 100
Rustam Yargavliev 1986.12.20 193 90
Ivan Nechayev 1982.12.09 183 80
Alexandr Tyutyunik 1990.07.05 195 95
Andrey Shpekht 1976.01.31 195 95
Yegor Biryulin 1986.11.17 185 93
Yevgeniy Issakov 1982.04.20 202 90
Maxim Voyeikov 1988.09.13 195 89
Mikhail Yevstigneyev 1984.07.05 203 108
Artyom Skornyakov 1990.08.28 209 108
Dmitriy Gavrilov 1986.11.27 203 92
Dmitriy Korovnikov 1976.05.25 200 100

Qatar NT

Head coach: Edward Allen Andrist
Assistants: Eric Darrel Shaw-Gardow, Christopher Adam Westlake

1 Saad Abdulrahman Ali 1985.02.05 189 101
3 Khalid Masoud Al Nasr 1980.10.09 178 78
7 Daoud Mosa Daoud 1982.02.02 193 94
9 Ali Turki Ali 1982.10.01 203 113
10 Yasseen Ismail Musa 1980.12.08 203 91
11 Osama Adel Moutalga 1985.07.01 180 80
15 Omer Abdgader Salem 1983.10.01 205 104
16 Malek Salem Abdulla 1985.05.13 193 85
21 Khalid Suliman Abdi 1987.07.02 198 91
22 Salman AbuFaisal 1979.06.04 178 78
23 Erfan Ali Saeed 1983.12.20 200 95
24 Hashim Zaidan Bsher 1980.08.13 208 112
30 Baker Ahmad Mohammed 1986.11.08 200 106
31 Hammam Omer Ismail 1983.09.15 200 80
33 Mohd Yousuf Mohmmed 1982.09.09 202 100
34 Mohammed Seleem Abdulla 1982.07.17 202 117

Athletes in Action (USA)

Assistants: Morris Michalski, Jason Beschta

Brian Asbury 1986.10.01 201 98
Cliff Hammonds 1986.01.01 191 89
Bradley Harris 1986.06.30 188 79
Darris Nichols 1986.05.20 191 91
Eric Pollitz 1986.01.20 198 97
Tim Pollitz 1986.01.20 198 97
Alex Ruoff 1986.08.29 198 95
Donald Sloan 1988.01.15 188 91
Reed Rawlings 1978.09.01 201 98
Tyler Wilkerson 1988.07.25 188 109
Zack Gibson 1987.09.07 208 102
Todd Hendley 1984.06.17 206 102

Philippines NT

Jordan NT

Head coach: Mario Palma
Assistants: Mario Gomes, Zoran Dokic

4 Fadel Anajjar 1985.04.03 194 92
5 Rashiem Wright 1981.07.21 193 90
6 Zaid Abbaas 1983.11.21 203 96
7 Mousa Alawadi 1985.07.20 185 97
8 Issamorcos Beida Kamel 1983.01.01 195 89
9 Enver Soobzokov 1978.05.03 194 92
10 Mousa Bashir 1978.07.13 208 110
11 Wesam Al-Sous 1983.02.24 181 78
12 Jamal Almaaytah 1981.02.24 213 120
13 Zaid Alkhas 1976.03.07 204 115
14 Abbas Islam 1980.03.11 200 115
15 Ayman Idais 1978.06.28 205 96
Osama Daghles

South Korea NT

Head coach: Choi Bu-Yung
Assistants: Lee Min-Hyun, Kang Jung-Soo

4 Ha Seung-Jin 1985.08.04 223 130
5 Shin Ki-Sung 1985.04.30 180 80
6 Yang Dong-Geun 1981.09.14 180 81
7 Kang Byung-Hyun 1985.03.03 192 84
8 Kim Joo-Sung 1979.11.09 205 93
9 Lee Kyu-Sup 1977.11.13 197 97
10 Kim Dong-Woo 1980.02.03 200 95
11 Kim Seung-Hyun 1978.11.23 178 78
12 Yang Hee-Jong 1984.05.11 195 94
13 Cha Jae-Young 1984.08.05 196 83
14 Sandrin Daniel R. 1980.01.27 200 96
15 Kim Min-Soo 1982.01.16 200 93

Iran NT

Head coach: Rajko Toroman
Assistant: Hahran Hatami

4 Pooya Tadjik 1980.09.21 200 93
5 Amir Amini 1984.06.10 193 75
6 Javad Davan 1983.04.25 184 75
7 M.S. Nikkhah Bahrami 1983.05.11 199 88
8 Aidin Nikkhah Bahrami 1982.02.05 200 83
9 Iman Zandi Mashhadi 1981.09.19 189 78
10 Hamed Afagh Eslamieh 1983.02.01 188 73
11 Hamed Sourabnejad 1983.05.07 208 83
12 Oshin Sahakian1986.03.21 203 91
13 Ali Doraghi 1984.09.20 207 98
14 Moosa Nablpoor 1983.08.14 213 100
15 Hamed Ehadadi 1985.05.19 217 103

Japan World University Games NT

Head coach: Hasegawa, Kenji
Assistant: Won Byung-Sun

4 Machida, Yosuke 1983.04.04 197 92
5 Onishi, Takanori 1983.04.03 195 95
6 Oya, Shusaka 1983.08.29 193 91
7 Ishizaki, Takumi 1984.07.06 187 85
8 Kikuchi, Shohei 1984.08.27 190 85
9 Inoue, Akihito 1984.10.08 197 88
10 Sakai, Taiji 1984.08.28 187 87
11 Shonaka, Takeki 1984.09.15 180 76
12 Okada, Yusuke 1984.09.17 184 80
13 Kantake, Hayato 1986.08.01 194 80
14 Ono, Ryumo 1988.01.06 197 97

Lebanon NT

Head coach: Dragan Raca
Assistant: Kousay Khalaf

Mohamad Ibrahim 1983.04.10 198 102
Jean Abd El Nour 1983.11.29 196 95
Hussein Tawbe 1982.07.16 198 96
Ali Mahmoud 1983.05.28 186 82
Rony Fahed 1981.11.06 186 85
Omar El Turk 1981.09.30 192 88
Brian Feghali 1977.12.30 206 110
Roy Samaha 1984.09.12 205 112
Joseph Vogel 1973.09.15 211 115
Ali Fakhreddine 1983.04.03 204 102
Mazen Mneinmeh 1986.02.01 195 95
Bassem Balaa 1981.07.10 198 98
El Cheikh Fadi El Khatib 1979.01.01 197 106

Taiwan NT 15-man roster

Head coach: Chung Kwang Suk
Assistant: Liu Jia-fa

Lee Hsueh-lin (Yulon)
Hsu Hao-cheng (TB)
Chen Shih-nian (TB)
Wu Yong-jen (VL)
Lin Chih-jay (TB)
Chou Shih-yuan (Yulon)
Chen Hsin-an (Yulon)
Lu Cheng-ju (Yulon)
Yang Che-yi (VL)
Yang Chin-min (BOT)
Lin Yi-huei (Dacin)
Lee Chi-yi (VL)
Yua Ying-li (BOT)
Tsun Wen-din (Yulon)
Wu Dai-hao (ETSN)

jason_28c
07-02-2007, 06:27 AM
mukhang malakas ang jordan ah.... tinalo nila ang kazakstan... eh talo tayo sa kazakstan sa fiba champions cup...

bolabasket
07-02-2007, 06:32 AM
guys, nasa 4th place na tayo...we're not even playing yet. hehehe :D :D :D http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/9521/jonecupstandings2oq2.jpg

jason_28c
07-02-2007, 06:34 AM
哈薩克 61 : 63 約旦

第一節 第二節 第三節 第四節 延長賽 合計
哈薩克 28 5 10 18 61
約旦 18 24 13 8 63

比賽日期:07/02 11:00

攻守記錄

哈薩克

二分球 三分球 罰球 籃板球
背號 姓名 命中/出手 命中率 命中/出手 命中率 命中/出手 命中率 進攻 防守 總數 助攻 抄截 阻攻 失誤 犯規 得分 出賽時間 先發
5 柏攸林(Biryulin Yegor) 1/2 50 % 1/1 100% 1/2 50 % 1 4 5 1 2 0 2 2 6 29:36
13 亞卡里夫(Yargaliyev Rustam) 2/6 33 % 1/4 25% 1/2 50 % 1 3 4 2 1 0 3 0 8 24:34
10 西費特(Shpekht Andrey) 0/4 0% 1/2 50% 0/0 0 % 2 4 6 0 0 1 0 1 3 15:26
11 波諾法諾夫(Ponomarev Anton) 1/6 16 % 1/7 14% 3/4 75 % 2 6 8 0 0 3 2 2 8 36:04
15 科洛尼可夫(Korovnikov Dmitriy) 4/10 40 % 2/4 50% 2/3 66 % 0 1 1 0 0 0 2 3 16 20:01
7 葉夫斯丁尼夫(Yevstigneyev Mikhail) 7/8 87 % 0/1 0% 3/6 50 % 2 1 3 1 1 0 1 4 17 19:44
4 尼查耶夫(Nechayev Ivan) 0/0 0% 0/1 0% 0/0 0 % 0 1 1 0 1 0 2 1 0 08:08
9 邱區尼克(Tyutyunik Alexandr) 1/2 50 % 0/2 0% 1/2 50 % 1 5 6 0 1 0 2 1 3 25:01
8 瓦耶科夫(Voyeikov Maxim) 0/0 0% 0/0 0% 0/0 0 % 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 02:16
12 伊薩科夫(Issakov Yevgeniy) 0/1 0% 0/3 0% 0/0 0 % 1 0 1 2 0 0 1 3 0 10:42
6 史考緬柯夫(Skornyakov Artyom) 0/2 0% 0/0 0% 0/0 0 % 1 2 3 0 0 0 2 4 0 08:28
加瑞洛夫(Gavrilov Dmitriy) 0/0 0% 0/0 0% 0/0 0 % 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
合計 16/41 39.0 % 6/25 24.0% 11/19 57.9 % 11 28 39 6 6 4 17 21 61 200:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

約旦

二分球 三分球 罰球 籃板球
背號 姓名 命中/出手 命中率 命中/出手 命中率 命中/出手 命中率 進攻 防守 總數 助攻 抄截 阻攻 失誤 犯規 得分 出賽時間 先發
13 艾薩伊德(Zaid Alkhas) 3/7 42 % 1/5 20% 3/4 75 % 5 5 10 3 2 2 1 4 12 27:08
4 艾納加(Fadel Anajjar) 2/3 66 % 0/1 0% 0/0 0 % 0 2 2 1 0 0 1 1 4 14:59
9 蘇若柯夫(Enver Soobzokov) 0/1 0% 1/9 11% 0/0 0 % 0 1 1 0 1 2 2 3 3 31:41
15 伊戴斯(Ayman Idais) 2/5 40 % 0/2 0% 5/6 83 % 1 6 7 1 0 1 1 1 9 30:13
14 伊斯蘭(Abbas Islam) 0/2 0% 0/0 0% 0/0 0 % 1 2 3 0 0 0 3 4 0 09:36
8 卡麥爾(Issamorcos Beida Kamel) 0/0 0% 0/0 0% 0/0 0 % 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
11 艾索斯(Wesam Al-Sous) 0/0 0% 2/7 28% 2/2 100 % 0 4 4 0 1 0 2 3 8 26:38
5 萊特(Rashiem Wright) 8/13 61 % 2/5 40% 3/7 42 % 2 4 6 1 2 1 7 2 25 33:42
7 阿拉瓦帝(Mousa Alawadi) 0/1 0% 0/0 0% 0/0 0 % 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 04:42
6 阿巴斯(Zaid Abbaas) 0/0 0% 0/0 0% 0/0 0 % 1 1 2 1 0 1 0 1 0 08:18
12 艾瑪它(Jamal Almaaytah) 0/2 0% 0/0 0% 2/2 100 % 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 2 2 13:03
10 巴席爾(Mousa Bashir) 0/0 0% 0/0 0% 0/0 0 % 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
合計 15/34 44.1 % 6/29 20.7% 15/21 71.4 % 11 25 36 7 6 7 18 22 63 200:00

jason_28c
07-02-2007, 06:40 AM
Rashiem Wright score 25 pts for Jordan and Anton Ponomarev score 8 pts for Kazakstan............ mukhang magaling si rashiem wright........ mahirapan kaya tayo?.............

WIZARD
07-02-2007, 06:44 AM
jason can u pls re post the stats again in a good way i cant understand this 1
at least put the top scorers?

geo
07-02-2007, 06:52 AM
jason can u pls re post the stats again in a good way i cant understand this 1
at least put the top scorers?

yeah, i can't understand it jason please repost it again, this time please arrange it clearly. please.....:)

geo
07-02-2007, 07:00 AM
Philippines NT

i was hoping that menk would be included in the line-up, or maybe aducul because aducul knows much or has experience playing fiba rules. Di ba aducul played well the last time he was included in the national team last year?

RNHalawi
07-02-2007, 07:18 AM
Jordan defeated Kazaks... 63-61

Lebanon defeated IRAN.... 80-71

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/4688/jonecupresultjuly2ii1.jpg

jason_28c
07-02-2007, 07:29 AM
Kazakstan
(Biryulin Yegor) 6 pts
(Yargaliyev Rustam) 8 pts
(Shpekht Andrey) 3 pts
(Ponomarev Anton) 8 pts
(Korovnikov Dmitriy) 16 pts
(Yevstigneyev Mikhail) 17 pts
(Nechayev Ivan) 0 pts
(Tyutyunik Alexandr) 3 pts
(Voyeikov Maxim) 0 pts
(Issakov Yevgeniy) 0 pts
(Skornyakov Artyom) 0 pts
(Gavrilov Dmitriy) 0 pts

Jordan
(Zaid Alkhas) 12 pts
(Fadel Anajjar) 4 pts
(Enver Soobzokov) 3 pts
(Ayman Idais) 9 pts
(Abbas Islam) 0 pts
(Issamorcos Beida Kamel) 0 pts
(Wesam Al-Sous) 8 pts
(Rashiem Wright) 25 pts
(Mousa Alawadi) 0 pts
(Zaid Abbaas) 0 pts
(Jamal Almaaytah) 2 pts
(Mousa Bashir) 0 pts

1st 2nd 3rd 4th Total
Kazakstan 28 5 10 18 61
Jordan 18 24 13 8 63

jason_28c
07-02-2007, 07:30 AM
is it oK?

jason_28c
07-02-2007, 07:32 AM
mga tsong.. mukhang malakas tlaga ang middle east countries.........

bolabasket
07-02-2007, 07:32 AM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x287/GearX_2007/JORvsKAZfinal1.jpg

Jordan 63 – Wright 25, Zaid Alkhas 12, Ayman Dies 9, Wessam 8, Fadel Najjar 4, Soobzokov 3, Jamal 2, Mousa 0, Abbas Islam 0, Zaid Abbas 0

Kazhakstan 61 – Yevstigneyev 17, Korovnikov 16, Ponomarev 8, Yargaliyev 8, Biryulin 6, Shpekht 3, Tyutyunik 3, Nechayev 0, Voyeikov 0, Issakov 0, Skornyakov 0.

protossdomain
07-02-2007, 07:37 AM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x287/GearX_2007/JORvsKAZfinal1.jpg

Jordan 63 – Wright 25, Zaid Alkhas 12, Ayman Dies 9, Wessam 8, Fadel Najjar 4, Soobzokov 3, Jamal 2, Mousa 0, Abbas Islam 0, Zaid Abbas 0

Kazhakstan 61 – Yevstigneyev 17, Korovnikov 16, Ponomarev 8, Yargaliyev 8, Biryulin 6, Shpekht 3, Tyutyunik 3, Nechayev 0, Voyeikov 0, Issakov 0, Skornyakov 0.

You can actually see that the games will be highly unpredictable.

ros
07-02-2007, 07:38 AM
It seems that rasheim carries most of the scoring for jordan might be the khatib of jordan. If this so will happen everygame with jordan team then there is a big possibility that we can defeat them...

jason_28c
07-02-2007, 07:44 AM
paano maging english ang jonescup.roodo.com, reply pls

dabomeister
07-02-2007, 07:46 AM
Maraming salamat sa PBA at ABC5 sa pagpapalabas ng mga laro ng Pilipinas RP Basketball team sa telebisyon. Uhaw na uhaw na ang ating mga kababayan na makita ang aksyon ng mga manlalaro natin sa ibayong dagat lao na itong Jones Cup. It's a gruelling and tough tournament, 9 games in 9 days, hope our boys learn more of international brand of basketball and pray that luck will be on their side every time they take their shots. Laban Pilipinas!

RNHalawi
07-02-2007, 07:46 AM
Qatar is ahead over korea 28-24 in the 2nd quarter...

viperbravo
07-02-2007, 07:48 AM
It seems that rasheim carries most of the scoring for jordan might be the khatib of jordan. If this so will happen everygame with jordan team then there is a big possibility that we can defeat them...

Yes, we have the chance to defeat the Jordan NT..They can use de Ocampo or Norwood to defend Wright.

viperbravo
07-02-2007, 07:50 AM

Magsisimula na ang Jones Cup mya mya lang...lahat tayo ay naghahangad ng updated na balita regarding sa Jones Cup.. lalo na at kalaban ng Team Pilipinas ang defending champion USA (AIA), sa kabilang banda eto ang Official Website ng Jones Cup, unfortunately karamihan sa atin ay hindi maintindihan ang website na ito dahil sa language pack na ginamit dito.. may pagka simplified chinese...eto po ang official website ng jones cup --
JONES CUP OFFICIAL WEBSITE
ngunit karamihan nga sa atin ay hindi mababasa ang site na iyan kaya ung LINK po sa ibaba na ibibigay ko ay dun nyo iinput ung http://jonescup.roodo.com at piliin nyo ang language na Chinese traditional to English.. ng sa ganun ay maitranslate ito sa English Language,,, atleast kahit papano ay maintindihan natin ang nilalaman ng official website ng Jones Cup....

translator 1 : http://babelfish.altavista.com/

salamat!!

mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS!!!

jason_28c
thanks on the updates... pls keep on updating us who cant watch the games..

RNHalawi

visit mo tong link bro... http://teampilipinas.blogspot.com/2007/07/jones-cup-official-website.html

saints13
07-02-2007, 07:53 AM

that's why they naturalized a scorer, they lack firepower. :)

jason_28c
07-02-2007, 08:00 AM
35 points ginawa in el khatib sa lebanon and Omar el turk 5 out of 8 sa three point area... si bahrami naman sa iran 21 points, si edadi 16 points..

bolabasket
07-02-2007, 08:04 AM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x287/GearX_2007/Jordan1.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x287/GearX_2007/Kazakhstan1.jpg

ros
07-02-2007, 08:05 AM
IMO, if our opponents have a superstar, a one man wrecking crew we know how to play with them. That's the reason why lebanon is having a hard time against us. What I worry about is those team that play "systematic basketball" like korea, taiwan.

saints13
07-02-2007, 08:17 AM
35 points ginawa in el khatib sa lebanon and Omar el turk 5 out of 8 sa three point area... si bahrami naman sa iran 21 points, si edadi 16 points..

nice scouting report :)

well, its already nearing 5pm (RP time)... I gotta get glued to the TV :)
hopefully, posts will flood later about RP NT vs. AIA :)

rhk111
07-02-2007, 08:18 AM
I tend to not take seriously whatever "weaknesses" we might see from our opponents in the ongoing Jones Cup tournament, simply because I don't think they are stupi_ enough to allow themselves to be scouted so easily.

Our biggest enemy right now, would be OVERCONFIDENCE. Jordan relying only on 1 player? The South Koreans throwing bricks from the 3 pt. area? We think that's their game, & come into the FIBA-Asia tournament full of confidence, only to be baffled & surprised out of our wits when these teams start playing VERY differently from what they're showing at the Jones Cup.

It's nice to take note of these "issues" of the opposing teams, but keep in mind, that things may not seem as they REALLY are.

I would hate it very much if come FIBA-Asia time we these teams end up playing a lot better than they're playing now.

Now, if they ARE stupi_ enough to lay all their cards out in this tournament for everyone to see, then no problem, we just run over them & claim the win at the FIBA-Asia tournament.

bolabasket
07-02-2007, 08:32 AM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x287/GearX_2007/LebvsIran1.jpg

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x287/GearX_2007/Lebscore1.jpg

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x287/GearX_2007/iranscore.jpg

ctongco
07-02-2007, 08:38 AM
nice scouting report :)

well, its already nearing 5pm (RP time)... I gotta get glued to the TV :)
hopefully, posts will flood later about RP NT vs. AIA :)

Hope it will be peaceful posts. :)

Phantim3dx
07-02-2007, 08:43 AM
hey hey how can i watch this on the itnernet its not availabel.broadcasted her ein CHINA ahhh someone help!!!!!!

Phantim3dx
07-02-2007, 08:46 AM
fuckkkkkk I CAN WATCH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! GO DOWNLOAD SOPCAST AND WATCH ESPN SPORTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LIVE!!!!!!

apiSigbinz
07-02-2007, 08:47 AM
the important part of this tournament is for our players to feel each opponent that they are guarding if they can defend against them, and how they will fare against their defendant as well... i believe in Coach Chot statement that AIA game has no bearing for them at all... they wouldn't get anything from it except of course getting some confidence... i'm sure they would really want to play against Jordan and Iran and other teams as well bcoz by doing so, they'll know the players physical strengths, agility, speed and maybe some moves and team play...

ex: 1. to scout if how good a player is from beyond the arc we just have to give him space to shoot from the outside...

2. to know a players pivot strength is to allow him to turn left or right at the post

etc. etc. etc...

viperbravo
07-02-2007, 08:57 AM
fuckkkkkk I CAN WATCH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! GO DOWNLOAD SOPCAST AND WATCH ESPN SPORTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LIVE!!!!!!

Qatar = 69
Korea = 70

South korea won the game!

donlyn
07-02-2007, 09:12 AM
Ok Its Game Time!

RNHalawi
07-02-2007, 09:13 AM
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/3545/jonecupresultjuly2jx0.jpg

bolabasket
07-02-2007, 09:15 AM
guys, can you update us with the score of RP-USA? I'm still at the office and sopcast won't play due to a firewall in our server....thanks

Dinamita
07-02-2007, 09:32 AM

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I HAVENT SEEN PBA PLAYERS IN 7 YEARS! GO PHILIPPINES!!!!!

RNHalawi
07-02-2007, 09:37 AM
Rp- 10
USA-09

Dinamita
07-02-2007, 09:38 AM
USA 11
PHIL 15

and 1 play by alapag...

RNHalawi
07-02-2007, 09:40 AM
15-11 RP in favor

Phantim3dx
07-02-2007, 09:40 AM
u guy cover it here, but im covering on the general asia thread taiwan jones cup. so im psot whoring there

RNHalawi
07-02-2007, 09:43 AM
17-13 in favor of RP

Dinamita
07-02-2007, 09:48 AM
there's no doubt that PHILIPPINES needs help inside...
They are giving up Too much offensive rebounds...

Phantim3dx
07-02-2007, 09:48 AM
wow the full court trap by us coach jarvis working. he is seeing we are just long ballin the ball for a an up tempo game and they got the bigger wingspan. now tied 21 a piece 59 seconds lfyt.. WHAT THE FUCK STOP PASSING THE BALL CROSS COURT OR LONG COURT TEAM RP!~!!!!

DRIBBLE YOU GOT THE SPEED.

THE PRESS IS BOTHERING TEAM RP

23-23 now.

jimmy alapg my thugged out nigga!!!

FUCK STOP LONG BALLIN TEAM RP, JUST DRIBBLE AND USE YOUR SPEED. JESUS CHRIST DONT THROW THE BASKETBALL LIKE ITS A FOOTBALL ON LONG COURT OR CROSS COURT. THAT WAS LIKE 4 STEALS IN A ROW!

Phantim3dx
07-02-2007, 09:51 AM
25-23 Us

Caguia Misses.

Willias Throws The Ball Away. How Many Fucking Turnovers Already Fro Team Fil. Gees

Phil 53.3 Fg % But The Turnovers Are Killing Us

Phantim3dx
07-02-2007, 09:53 AM
Too Many Second Chances Fro Usa Not To Mention The Turnovers...gees

Im Just Glad Everyone Went Cold Including Usa., Ecause Theyve Got Plenty Of Chances To Have Already Had Over 6 Points If They Wanted.

4 Point Lead Now
27-23

Phantim3dx
07-02-2007, 09:54 AM
as of right now a total of 19 rebounds fro team usa.

9 offensive

10 defensive

and its still 2nd quarter 6:50 left

gees

well chot is shuffling his players to stay fresh so thats goo,

pennissi misses a wide open 3

damn

Phantim3dx
07-02-2007, 09:56 AM
Man Pennissi Is Carrying The Load Right Now. If It Wasnt For Him. Who Knows
29-27

Phil Going To Man Defense Now

Phantim3dx
07-02-2007, 10:00 AM
Fuck Golden Oppourtunity 3v1 Bffast Break And Then The Rp Team Tries To Do And 1 Passes What The Hell!!!!! Stop Being Idiots And Just Simple Passes Too Many Passes Its 3v1!!!!

meloy
07-02-2007, 10:06 AM
end of ist q

aia 25
phil 23

RNHalawi
07-02-2007, 10:06 AM
36-31.. RP team!

Phantim3dx
07-02-2007, 10:09 AM
Im Posting On The Asia Regular Thread On 29th Taiwan Jones Cup. Go There To See My Rants And Excitement!!!~!!!

Phantim3dx
07-02-2007, 10:10 AM
39-31 Rp Over Usa

Halftime Right Now

drew
07-02-2007, 10:10 AM
end of 2nd qrtr. phil. 39 usa 31

meloy
07-02-2007, 10:13 AM
the telecast is slightly delayed by 3-5 mins

joel23
07-02-2007, 10:15 AM
Philippines needs push the tempo! Also freethrow shooting for credit opportunity... Team AIA USA had not shooting well but quick and fast

joel23
07-02-2007, 10:17 AM
ako jan sa 2nd half five pasukin na sila Menk at Yap

RNHalawi
07-02-2007, 10:29 AM
40-34 RP team

jayvee_ortiz
07-02-2007, 10:52 AM
63 RP Team- 59 USA on J. Alapag 3pt

jayvee_ortiz
07-02-2007, 10:55 AM
RP 70 USA 62 with 1:25 left

Holy Hand Grenade
07-02-2007, 11:01 AM
Even with the "W" here, I'm disappointed with the lack of team play here. Where was the ****ing ball movement? We bailed ourselves out too often through individual effort.:mad:

jayvee_ortiz
07-02-2007, 11:02 AM
RP 72 USA 67 Final Score. RP Team Wins!!!!!!