PDA

View Full Version : Croatia NT roster?

KokkinosVasilias
06-25-2007, 09:52 AM
have they announced the roster of Croatia NT for the Eurobasket?

Markoishvili
06-25-2007, 03:31 PM
nope, it will be announced on friday. There is a lot of question marks regarding Croatia, Vujcic and Giricek should decide in the next days. Giricek namely, will have press-conference tommorow, while Vujcic will have his say couple of days later.

Andrija Zizic and Dalibor Bagaric might also not be participating....

...if we assume everyone will play, roster looks something like this

PG Marko Popovic/Roko Ukic/Zoran Planinic
SG Gordan Giricek/Zoran Planinic/Davor Kus
SF Marko Tomas/Zoran Planinic/Mario Stojic
PF Nikola Vujcic/Andrija Zizic/Niksa Prkacin
C Mario Kasun/Sandro Nicevic/Dalibor Bagaric

a couple of youngsters might be added: Luksa Andric, Ante Tomic most likely.

theblackswans
06-26-2007, 05:22 AM
nope, it will be announced on friday. There is a lot of question marks regarding Croatia, Vujcic and Giricek should decide in the next days. Giricek namely, will have press-conference tommorow, while Vujcic will have his say couple of days later.

Andrija Zizic and Dalibor Bagaric might also not be participating....

...if we assume everyone will play, roster looks something like this

PG Marko Popovic/Roko Ukic/Zoran Planinic
SG Gordan Giricek/Zoran Planinic/Davor Kus
SF Marko Tomas/Zoran Planinic/Mario Stojic
PF Nikola Vujcic/Andrija Zizic/Niksa Prkacin
C Mario Kasun/Sandro Nicevic/Dalibor Bagaric

a couple of youngsters might be added: Luksa Andric, Ante Tomic most likely.

That is a not very good NT for Croatia. What happened to the Golden age of Croatian basketball? No PetrovicKukoc,Radja,Komazec,Perasovic,Vrankovic,Ar apovic,Mulaomerovic,Mrsic,Maric et all...
Really the only players of quality is Ukic,Planinic,Vujcic. I think it is time for them to go real young Bogdanovic, Tomic, Batina and the future of the team.

I am suprise Kresimir Loncar wouldn't get an invite.

Even the youngsters who have been highly regarded haven't panned out.

Moric, Subotic, Popovic, Stojic, Ukic, Tomas none have really made it like expected.

I believe there should be an NLB2 possibly were Macedonia, Bosnia and Kosovo and the others could compete at a higher level than there domestic league. The top 2-4 teams in the domestic competition in these leagues are way better than the rest....

Tito we miss you!

Joško Poljak Fan
06-26-2007, 08:25 AM
I believe there should be an NLB2 possibly were Macedonia, Bosnia and Kosovo and the others could compete at a higher level than there domestic league. The top 2-4 teams in the domestic competition in these leagues are way better than the rest....
if the NLB1 would succed enough during this time it would be possible, but costs of running of such 2nd division are too big considering the benefits and looks like adriatic league prefers on increasing the rewards for top clubs in NLB (they're not that big, but increasing through the years) instead of running the second simmilar league.

Picek
06-26-2007, 04:17 PM
at the press conference today Gira announced that he always tought of national team as something above everything else and he will play on EC in Spain if he can solve his personal problems with his ex wife before that..
he has a small daugther and he isn't allowed to see her as much as he would like and that's a main issue that needs to be solved..

hopefully we'll see him on EC.. :cool:

Markoishvili
06-26-2007, 09:07 PM
http://www.sportnet.hr/index.aspx?page=news&id=346722

Joško Poljak Fan
06-26-2007, 09:24 PM
seems like Croatia, Serbia and Slovenia have the most troubles getting their players play for their NT... and I don't think that has anything to do with (non-existing) lack of partiotism.

I must admit I've never been too much of a fan of Giriček, let Planinić play at SG, or Kus, he was phenomenal this season but Žižić would be missing imo.

Still a deep roster full of good individuals, they just have to show it on court just like they did on the last EC. I don't think same sh*t could repeate twice in a row...

theblackswans
06-27-2007, 02:50 AM
seems like Croatia, Serbia and Slovenia have the most troubles getting their players play for their NT... and I don't think that has anything to do with (non-existing) lack of partiotism.

I must admit I've never been too much of a fan of Giriček, let Planinić play at SG, or Kus, he was phenomenal this season but Žižić would be missing imo.

Still a deep roster full of good individuals, they just have to show it on court just like they did on the last EC. I don't think same sh*t could repeate twice in a row...

I also believe it is true of BiH as well a lot of players turn down invitations. I'm not a big fan of Giricek as well he is what I call a 50/50 50% of the time he will play well and contribute and 50% of time he will contribute to loss. The problem if he isn't scoring he isn't helping.

I agree about Davor Kus every year he gets better. I don't think Croatia needs 12 "star" players to compete. They need a few quality players like Vujcic, Planinic and maybe a 3rd player who can contribute to a winner atmosphere.

I don't think there is a team that will be much better than the rest since many players on the best teams are missing.

Slovenia is always one of the most talented teams but play as individuals.

Markoishvili
06-27-2007, 09:45 PM
Vujcic will definitely not play....

http://www.sportnet.hr/index.aspx?page=news&id=346763

to cut it shortly, he said: "I don`t want to lie anybody, make up reasons or whatever. Next summer when my contract with Maccabi expires, i want to try myself in the NBA, and it takes a special preparation to do it. This is my big goal, which i want to accomplish.

Picek
06-28-2007, 07:37 PM
scr*w him..
we don't need him :p

Markoishvili
06-29-2007, 11:54 AM
http://www.sportnet.hr/index.aspx?page=news&id=346797

Point Guards: Roko Ukic Leni, Marko Popovic, Jakov Vladovic, Davor Kus, Zoran Planiniic

Swingmens: Marin Rozic, Marijo Stojic, Gordan Giricek, Marko Tomas, Damir Miljkovic, Marino Bazdaric, Branimir Longin

Centers: Nikola Vujcic, Dalibor Bagaric, Mario Kasun, Ante Tomic, Drago Pasalic, Luksa Andric, Stanko Barac, Andrija Zizic, Niksa Prkacin, Damir Markota, Jure Lalic

...Repesa said he doesn`t accept Vujcic reason, that this doesn`t make sense...

...Loncar and Nicevic are out because of injuries, same for Vrbanc

...Sundov is cut because he likes other guys better...

ArkadiosV2
06-29-2007, 11:56 AM
Someone is missing... Mulaomerovic!

Markoishvili
06-29-2007, 04:32 PM
Žižić also cancelled, that means Giricek will to....Croatia is no longer a threat for high placement....starting five...

ArkadiosV2
06-29-2007, 04:56 PM
Croatia is really disappointing...

Yes, you can blame FIBA occasionally for failing, but this is a whole string of failuries, damn even Serb NBA players show more interest in their NT than Croatian Euroleague players...

What we have here is a failure to communicate... seems to me.

Oh, by the way, what was the score of U20 match Serbia-Croatia yesterday?

Picek
06-29-2007, 05:06 PM
Oh, by the way, what was the score of U20 match Serbia-Croatia yesterday?before or after the fight? :D

elaj
06-29-2007, 10:55 PM
Žižić also cancelled, that means Giricek will to....Croatia is no longer a threat for high placement....starting five...
There are also rumours about Dalibor Bagarić declining the invitation. :rolleyes:

ArkadiosV2
06-29-2007, 10:57 PM
This is fucking hilarious. Even Portugal can beat Croatia nowadays.
If i was Croatian i'd be very pissed of at my players. This is hopeless.

rikhardur
06-29-2007, 10:59 PM
Even Portugal can beat Croatia nowadays.
Don't count on it :p

Markoishvili
06-30-2007, 01:25 AM
officially out: Vujcic, Bagaric, Zizic, Nicevic, Loncar
90% out: Giricek

Picek
06-30-2007, 06:14 AM
This is hopeless.actually I'm still quite optimistic...
as long as Repeša won't quit on this team I'm optimistic..
we won't be last..
probably.. :D
and big mens aren't that kind of a problem..
I would say the only big miss is Žižić, he had a great season.. and we could very well use him as our starting PF..
Vujčić never played well in NT, ofcourse that was probably because he always played as a PF and not a center but that's not important in this case..
anyway hopefully we won't finish last and as long as Repeša is there we'll be o.k.

Markoishvili
06-30-2007, 07:44 AM
What? Zizic is the one who is most expandable of the bunch, he could never compete at Eurobasket. I kind of glad that he withdrawn so someone younger gets the chance. Anyway without all those guys there is no pressure, so maybe we can be like Turkey last year.

ArkadiosV2
06-30-2007, 01:09 PM
Actually Zizic had a great season up until March or something, he was really bad at the end of the season. He had a slight injury too.

kukoc7
06-30-2007, 07:31 PM
I'm sad, really, really sad. I'm just hoping Ante keeps on improving.

utakmica
06-30-2007, 08:29 PM
Zizic, Vujcic, Bagaric out!

Picek
07-02-2007, 09:05 AM
for those of you who can understand croatian language here is an interesting video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffjo0cTeLyg

elaj
07-02-2007, 09:13 AM
for those of you who can understand croatian language here is an interesting video:
I agree with Bruno, he couldn't say that better... We have same case here with our "stars". :rolleyes:

Bagarić's and Žižić's excuse is the most laughable...

Joško Poljak Fan
07-02-2007, 09:36 AM
those extreme occasians are only going on in the ex-Yu, most of other national teams maybee lacks one or two players... mostly due to injuriess, while players from ex-Yu are "too tired", have to "get ready for the new season" (interesting no spaniard isn't in a rush of preparing for the new season), doesn't want to play, is advised not to.

article from mladina newspaper (http://forums.interbasket.net/showpost.php?p=62298&postcount=33), which clearly shows where did Uleb led us to. And I can't help myself thinking anything else, but that this is exactly the case with a lot players missing in countries of ex-Yu, since our bball federations aren't strong enough to fight that.
Something has to be done.

ziv
07-02-2007, 07:06 PM
come on matiz - we see the same thing happens in argentina this summer (i don't want to talk about the USA because i don't want to be like them in many aspcets), us in israel are suffering the same problem, lithuenia too - spain are the unusuall example (well, greece too, maybe italy too and dirk of course...), it's not that there's something wrong with everybody except spain. it's the system. the nubmer of championship should be cut.
as for croatia ,at least - after looking at serbia's squad i can say the croats look better. i guess beating serbia in the championship would compensate for a medicore achivements.

elaj
07-02-2007, 07:25 PM
How come Dirk can play all international tournaments for Germany? Sorry, but I can't accept the fact that a player which is in his best years is "tired" and need to "rest" - I wouldn't mind if he would have a history of serious health problems or something.

rikhardur
07-02-2007, 07:34 PM
Bottom line it's just a matter of atittude and work ethic. Dirk is a perfeccionist as we all know and a hard worker, an exception I daresay. He'll play and play and play in order to improve and test himself constantly. Others just don't think likewise and solely prefer to earn their money even if sitting on the bench and refusing to play for the NT. Different perspectives, although I also tend to rebuke such behaviours.

Buducnost PG
07-02-2007, 07:40 PM

Very good said.

ArkadiosV2
07-05-2007, 02:31 PM
http://www.superbasket.gr/data/images/news/categories/cat_304/kroatia1.jpg

Guess who is the bald guy on the right...

http://www.superbasket.gr/data/images/news/categories/cat_304/komajec.jpg

And who is the guy with the long hair...

Sime
09-16-2007, 11:20 PM
Dino Radja and Arijan Komazec

reignman
09-16-2007, 11:30 PM
http://www.superbasket.gr/data/images/news/categories/cat_304/kroatia1.jpg

Guess who is the bald guy on the right...

http://www.superbasket.gr/data/images/news/categories/cat_304/komajec.jpg

And who is the guy with the long hair...

from which event are these pics? :eek: and when ?

ArkadiosV2
09-16-2007, 11:44 PM
Do you think I remember? :)

Sime
09-17-2007, 12:08 AM
Some friendly game for humanly purposes this year in June.

ArkadiosV2
09-17-2007, 12:11 AM
Some human friendly game this year in June.

Human? No aliens or animals? :D

Sime
09-17-2007, 12:17 AM
Maybe and animals who knows:D