PDA

View Full Version : Who's the best Point Guard in Asia?

Pages : [1] 2

stuart
05-24-2006, 01:00 AM
(originally posted by ctongco, 08-12-2005 04:48 AM)

ctongco
08-12-2005, 04:48 AM

The best Big Man in Asia is definitely Yao Ming. About Point guards, who is the best in Asia? I only know a few. I hear Yuta Tabuse is good but I have not seen him play. I've seen the Chinese pg but only in the 2002 Busan Asian Games when he played the RP. Jimmy Alapag, Jajay Helterbrand, Mike Cortez of the RP are very good playmakers and offensive players. So, who's the best PG in Asia?

Good day!

sinobball
08-12-2005, 05:50 AM

I think it depends on your definition for good PG. Japanese and Korean fans can easily argue Tabuse and Kim Seung-Hyun are much better playmakers (passers) than Liu Wei, to which I agree. However, Tabuse and Kim are well under 6 feet and would be serious defensive liabilities if playing against European/American competitions, whose guards are usually well over 6 feet. There are better passers than Liu Wei in China, but Liu is the one we want in our NT because he matches up well with foreign competitions (being 6-2 and about 200 lbs), and he can handle the ball to the front court with relatively few turnovers. However if you don't mind being in a height disadvantage or having defensive weaknesses (Korea, also see Phoenix Suns) then a short/weak PG may fit your gameplan well.

ctongco
08-12-2005, 06:54 AM

The way I would define a good PG is someone who can break the press without much trouble, set-up the offense, creates for his team mates, can stay with his man on defense. Thanks for the insights on the PGs of Asia.

Good day!

bristron
08-14-2005, 01:27 AM

Good point.
Korean fans love good passers and ball handlers.
So I liked Adil-jan. (he made same good result with Yao, top 8th in 94WC). I still think China need good passer.
In Korea, after Kang DongHee retired, Lee SangMin was top for a years. Now still fans argue who is best, but, I think Kim SeungHyun is little young and better. After him, Kim TaeSul(180) is next generation for Korean PG.
I think we need big PG(even he can deffense well, but kim seunghyun is too short), but still can't find.

I Know Liu Wei is good driver and good shooter(his drive was so good in 2nd game of KBL-CBA all star game), but I think he is bad passer. As I see him 04olympic and some asian competition, he can't pass well. Chinese like him cuz he can pass well to Yao, but I don't think so. If with more good passer, Yao will unstopable. See what happend in 02 AsianGames, Liu Wei can't even hadle ball to front court(by Kim SeungHyun's deffense). He storen 3~4 balls in important situations. And more, see what happened in 03ABC final, after Liu Wei was out and Fan Bin come in(2p gap), China start to play well and beat Korea(about 10p gap). Anyway I think Liu Wei is good player, but he need more court vision. Sun Yue, Chen Jianghua could be better choice but not yet. I think beteran PGs like FanBin and JangYunsong is better. I also knows size advantage is important for China, but hope not for PG(they already has many height advantage in another positions). I hope to see next Adil-jan from China.

for another asia's PGs, I thought Walid Doumiati was good but can't see him lebanon NT anymore(maybe cuz his age). and usually Taiwan and Japan PG's are good. exept Tabuse, Japan also had good PGs like Kenich Sako and Hasegawa Makoto.

for PR's PG, I thought their skill's are top class but they are also short. In 98Asian Game their starting PG was so good.

mvblair
08-14-2005, 09:21 AM

For my money, Liu Wei is the best. I haven't seen many of the other top Asian PGs, but I'm a fan of Wei.

Matt

sime0n
08-14-2005, 11:39 AM

sun yue's the best.

ctongco
08-15-2005, 07:18 AM

Here is atleast what I know of RP PGs.

Jimmy Alapag
- Very Very fast
- Very good passer/playmaker
- Height 5"9 (But he did a 180 dunk here in CDO in their out-of-town game practice)
- Good perimeter game
- Very good with the running game
- Nicknamed "The Mighty Mouse" because he is a very good PG despite his height

Jayjay Helterbrand
- Very Fast
- Very good passer
- Height 6"0
- Very good perimeter game
- More of a scorer type of PG than a passer
- Very good with the running game.
- Nicknamed "The Fast" for his speed.

Mike Cortez
- Fast
- Very good passer/playmaker
- Height 6"0
- Good perimeter game
- Pass first type of a PG but can deliver when needed
- UAAP superstar from La Salle
- Nicknamed "The Cool Cat" for his cool head and smooth moves on the playint court

Correct me if there is anything wrong with the info I gave. Any info on the other PGs of the other countries?

Good day!

ajaxballer
08-15-2005, 07:58 PM

hi, could you guys give me some more info on jimmy
alapag and mike cortez? like did they play in the
states for college at all? I first heard about Jimmy
when some fillipino guys i played basketball with
said he could or almost made the NBA but when i
asked another friend about him they said there
was no way he could make it. Also do you now
where i could DL vids of fillipino basketball or
websites to get some info? Also what do you guys
think of Chen Jianghua? and do you kno where i
could get some vids of him playing? thanks

ctongco
08-15-2005, 09:14 PM

I heard that Jimmy was an NCAA MVP in the US. Im need someone to confirm this. The way I see it, he should be in the NBA, only if he was a few inches taller. I think he can still make it to the NBA, he is a very good basketball player. I like the this guy plays. I don't know if Cortez played college basketball in the US but he played college basketball here in the Philippines. He played for La Salle.

Good day!

erekktus
08-16-2005, 03:21 AM

Jimmy Alapag is slightly more athletic than JJ Helterbrand in terms of speed and jumpling ability (yes, at 5'9 he can dunk!). But JJ moves more gracefully -- his smooth moves, twisting layups and dipsy doos remind me of a "scaled down" Allen Iverson.

Mike Cortez I think is just a notch below these 2. He does have very smooth moves like JJ but he is not as fast in bringing down the ball. He is better at setting up calculated half-court plays rather than fast breaks.

I would say Jimmy is still tops overall but JJ is more fun to watch.

dirk_21
08-16-2005, 04:35 AM

Originally posted by ajaxballer
hi, could you guys give me some more info on jimmy
alapag and mike cortez? like did they play in the
states for college at all? I first heard about Jimmy
when some fillipino guys i played basketball with
said he could or almost made the NBA but when i
asked another friend about him they said there
was no way he could make it. Also do you now
where i could DL vids of fillipino basketball or
websites to get some info? Also what do you guys
think of Chen Jianghua? and do you kno where i
could get some vids of him playing? thanks
jimmy alapag attended college at Cal-state at fullerton.....during his senior year he led the school in assist....mike cortez played high school ball at Carson city high school his teammate there was mac-mac cardona who also became his teammate at la salle here in the philipines...another filipino who played for carson high is tony dela cruz...

jrb0yd
08-16-2005, 10:43 AM

i still give it to olsen racela... he's a leader, has an experience and really a good point guard... he's also a good defender... if he's a little younger, he'll surely be included in the national team... my former teammate is a relative of olsen and he also plays like olsen... they are both good in quarterbacking...

THE11thROCK™
08-16-2005, 11:30 AM

Jayjay Helterbrand is my choice.

Flip_Balla3
08-16-2005, 01:26 PM

i dunno bout Willie Miller..................I think he's a shooting guard.......but he'll be a good pointguard coz he's like a short stephon Marbury............more of a scorer than a playmaker but definitely can score......................

ros
08-18-2005, 06:50 PM

Based on Jones Cup and Vegas and before his injury....Jayjay Helterbrand is my choice a scorer and a good playmaker. When he's on the court you'll really see that the team is on a fast mode..... He was the original choice of Coach Chot as the main PG of the RP team before his injury......

When you talk about Helterbrand and Alapag. I'll always remember their game last December 25, 2004 battle for the 1st place in which Ginebra won over Talk n Text...Helterbrand scored 30 plus I think 33 pts and also assisting well while Alapag scored I think 37 or 39 pts and also has good assist. It seemed like the battle of who's the best PG in the PBA............

stuart
05-24-2006, 01:15 AM
Lebbasket
09-10-2005, 07:14 AM

Remember this name "Rony Fahd"
although he had a very very bad game against Jordan, but i believe he can prove himself as a good point guard.
Note that Rony Fahd scored 16 pts with several steals and assists against south korea in the semifinals of the abc in 2001, and let Lebanon qualify to the worldcup. Rony is born in 1981.

bristron
09-11-2005, 11:11 PM

although he had a very very bad game against Jordan, but i believe he can prove himself as a good point guard.
Note that Rony Fahd scored 16 pts with several steals and assists against south korea in the semifinals of the abc in 2001, and let Lebanon qualify to the worldcup. Rony is born in 1981.
yes.. he was good in 2001 ABC semi. But he played as SG in that game.
another good PG Walid Domiati played as PG in that game.
and note that Rony Fahed played as PG in 2003 ABC semi against Korea, but he couldn't do well.

tribu88
09-12-2005, 09:42 PM

Johnny "The Flyin' A" Abbarientos
5'8"
*Good Passer
*Definitely a Scorer (considering his height)
*A Leader
he brings a lot to the table... he's just a great player...
---
I like that Sun Yue guy too... at 6'8'' he's at point! that's nice... but i never seen him play...

tribu88
09-15-2005, 10:12 PM

Note that Rony Fahd scored 16 pts with several steals and assists against south korea in the semifinals of the abc in 2001, and let Lebanon qualify to the worldcup. Rony is born in 1981. i've just seen this guy play and this kid can shoot! but i never seen him pass the ball? he's a bit of a ballhog... i doubt his passing skills...For me he's more of an Offensive Guard than a "Point" Guard. but he had a good game against Qatar... made some shots... still Johnny Abbarientos at Point!

Lebbasket
09-16-2005, 10:40 PM

yeah u r right, he had more an offensive role in this tournament. this guy can shoot with eyes closed. Moreover, he is the best Assister in the lebanese league averaging 5 assists per game.
vBulletin v3.0.8, Copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

j34dollarz
05-26-2006, 01:20 PM
olsen racela of the philippines......already old but still effective

ajaxballer
06-06-2006, 07:19 PM
For those who havn't seen him play at all, I've found a
small clip of him in what I think is the NBA summer league.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nuc1iBqe3Z4

sergio23
05-31-2007, 09:13 AM
IRqKTcG4H1s

Johhny Abarientos of The Philippines during his prime

splitzapper
05-31-2007, 10:21 AM
There is an up and coming point guard here in Davao (a southern city in the Philippines) whom I think has the potential to be the next Big Thing in Philippine Basketball in the PG position.

He is quick. Strong. Physically fit for his position.
He even created a record on one of his game here by taking 11 steals in one game. Not that much of a scorer though, but then again he is a pass first, shoot later type of PG.

His name is Ryan Varona who is playing for Gold Wizards.
His per game Ave.
6.3 pts.
3.4 reb
7.6 ass.
7.8 stl.

watiwawa
05-31-2007, 01:28 PM
There is an up and coming point guard here in Davao (a southern city in the Philippines) whom I think has the potential to be the next Big Thing in Philippine Basketball in the PG position.

He even created a record on one of his game here by taking 11 steals in one game. Not that much of a scorer though, but then again he is a pass first, shoot later type of PG.

His per game Ave.
6.3 pts.
3.4 reb
7.6 ass.
7.8 stl.

dude awhat league in the philippines???

i know an up and coming point guard named RYAN REYES.... from henkel sista/....

spreekanick
05-31-2007, 04:14 PM

His per game Ave.
6.3 pts.
3.4 reb
7.6 ass.
7.8 stl.

dude your from DAVAO? I'm from davao..
what's gold wizard? Never heard of that team...is that a comercial team? or a college?

ivan
05-31-2007, 06:16 PM
Zydrunas Ilgaulkas;)

karim
05-31-2007, 10:38 PM
none of u guys have seen ali mahmoud of lebanon !!??.....hes 182 and he can rebound,assist,steal and this year he has improved his 3pt shot ...last year lebanon were losing against venezuala by 13pt in the WBC opener he came in and turned the game for lebanon in their 10pt win.....

jason_28c
06-01-2007, 12:22 AM
Hector "The Director" Calma is the best point in asia for all time.. He can take medium range jumper with all ease.. Lot of assists per game.. controls the game.......

rensquared
06-01-2007, 12:33 AM
I'd go for JayJay and Jimmy... I like the way Chen played for China, when he schooled Chris Paul and Kirk Hinrich during the last WBC. I think Yuta Tabuse is definetely an excellent player (for the very reason his playing in the NBA)... I used to like mike cortez, but not anymore coz, if u would agree with me, he threw the game away during the UAAP finals(no doubt he can do it again). And also the 6'8 point guard of Syria... Men I think that guy is so far the best today cuz of his heght and abilities(heard he plays like Magic Jhonson).

rensquared
06-01-2007, 12:33 AM
Hector "The Director" Calma is the best point in asia for all time.. He can take medium range jumper with all ease.. Lot of assists per game.. controls the game.......
I agree.. c Hector Calma pa pla... I forgot.. hehehehe

princejunar
06-01-2007, 01:24 AM
for me johnny "the flying A" abarrientos, he's the best point guard in asia on his prime. but for now i choose jj helterbrand.
i like also chen of china, he's quick and nice ball handler, he's still young so lot of way to go.

Burndvinyard
06-01-2007, 02:28 AM
for me johnny "the flying A" abarrientos, he's the best point guard in asia on his prime. but for now i choose jj helterbrand.
i like also chen of china, he's quick and nice ball handler, he's still young so lot of way to go.

the Flying A Johnny Abarrientos can still pull it off, of course minus all his injuries. Take a look at his game now and it looks like there's no trace of aging in his game...on the other hand, Jayjay Helterbrand is the only other NBA level type of point guard. His strut his stuff during the Vegas Summer League and even NBA point guard Shamgod was amazed with the "Fast" kind of ball handling, shooting and passing abilities.

Dinamita
06-01-2007, 05:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef4Kb7-QKJA

Philippines NT point guard Jimmy Alapag Dunking..

onono1
06-01-2007, 05:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef4Kb7-QKJA

Philippines NT point guard Jimmy Alapag Dunking..

Hahahahaha i bet there is some kind of bias here. Im from the philippines so do u expect me to choose someone who is not from my country :p I think during his prime hector calma was among the best in asia.. But when calma suited up for all-pro national team in beijing asian games in 1990, it was his back-up pointguard ronnie magsanoc who was more productive and effective during that asiad basketball competition in china.

onono1
06-01-2007, 05:47 AM
Logically and literally ;) pointguards from the philippines, south korea and japan are usually good that i could say they could play in usa ncaa 1st division perhaps. But i guess yuta tabuse of japan was outstanding because he caught the eyes of nba scouts and almost become the first asian pointguard to make it in the nba. Probably american scouts are avid admirer of japanese playmakers...just mention hasegawa, sako, etc.. they have played in us minor leagues.

watiwawa
06-01-2007, 08:21 AM
the Flying A Johnny Abarrientos can still pull it off, of course minus all his injuries. Take a look at his game now and it looks like there's no trace of aging in his game...on the other hand, Jayjay Helterbrand is the only other NBA level type of point guard. His strut his stuff during the Vegas Summer League and even NBA point guard Shamgod[/SIZE] was amazed with the "Fast" kind of ball handling, shooting and passing abilities.

who's shamgod>>???

Burndvinyard
06-01-2007, 09:10 AM
who's shamgod>>???

God Shamgod - Ex-Providence College guard; A Streetball Challenge legend; has signed with the Portland Chinooks of International Basketball League. Shamgod also played briefly for the Washington Wizards, and has spent time overseas. Played for the US-Passing Lane in the 2005 Global Hoops Summit, where he showcased his talent against our own Jayjay Helterbrand. Jayjay showed his own playmaking prowess...:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSn3Po83bgE

watiwawa
06-01-2007, 12:13 PM
God Shamgod - Ex-Providence College guard; A Streetball Challenge legend; has signed with the Portland Chinooks of International Basketball League. Shamgod also played briefly for the Washington Wizards, and has spent time overseas. Played for the US-Passing Lane in the 2005 Global Hoops Summit, where he showcased his talent against our own Jayjay Helterbrand. Jayjay showed his own playmaking prowess...:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSn3Po83bgE

ok tnx bro...

bobo81
06-01-2007, 12:36 PM
I miss Shamgod, he was amazing for Providence U. But sucked for the wizards...

Anyways my selection of best asian pgs, in no order :)

Mahdi Kamrany (Iran) - Very quick, great passer, breaks through defense
Yegor Biryulin (Kaz) - Fast, nice passer, but not on a great team
Rony Fahed (Leb) - Fast, can score in traffic, good passer
Saad Ali (Qat) - Can shoot 3's like crazy

Not sure of the PGs in China, I've seen them but don't know the names. Jimmy Alapag for RP team is great. I need to see more games from him though.

Sakamoto
06-01-2007, 05:03 PM
For me its Johnny A. during his prime before he was traded to Coca-cola. Remember what he did to the Japanese 7 footer center( i forgot his name)in the 1994 Hiroshima Asiad? It was an In your face shot behind the long stretch arms of the Japanese center that went in. After the shot was made, everybody stand up and clap their hands including former Charlotte hornets scout Joe Betancourt. Abbarientos was offered a 10day contract to play for the Hornets in the NBA but it did not materialized.

khatib
06-01-2007, 07:27 PM
Ali Mahmoud is very good. Can't say if he's the best but the Canadian Nt coach was impressed with him last year when we beat Canada, he coached Ali before.

watiwawa
06-01-2007, 08:36 PM
Ali Mahmoud is very good. Can't say if he's the best but the Canadian Nt coach was impressed with him last year when we beat Canada, he coached Ali before.

canada... the country who has STEVE NASH... awwwwwww.........

let's quote this.....
if ali mahmoud is a candian........

"he will be the backup pg of steve nash.... awwwww"(lyk marcus banks at pinix suns...__+)

peace bro....

karim
06-01-2007, 09:02 PM
ya man its good lebanon took him b4 canada did since he is lebanese/canadian........now he cant play for the canada NT anymore....and i think hes 23 or 24 only ...he will be even better at his peak in a couple of years......i wish he would play with us in this asian championship......."khatib,vogel,beshara,ali m" any1 missing of these players will leave his gap on the NT since we,re not really that deep.....we have been maybe 7 or 8 good players with these......missing ali m and beshara which is most probably gonna happen will leave us with like 6 good players(not deep at all).........

SkyWalker
06-02-2007, 05:44 AM
Logically and literally ;) pointguards from the philippines, south korea and japan are usually good that i could say they could play in usa ncaa 1st division perhaps. But i guess yuta tabuse of japan was outstanding because he caught the eyes of nba scouts and almost become the first asian pointguard to make it in the nba. Probably american scouts are avid admirer of japanese playmakers...just mention hasegawa, sako, etc.. they have played in us minor leagues.

it was said that yuta tabuse playing in the NBA was just a marketing ploy of the NBA, since a lot of japanese people are into soccer and baseball, rather than NBA basketball. i saw how tabuse play, and man, he cant play bball. he's just quick, quick, quick.. thats all. and by the way, he's a division2 player, out of BYU-hawaii, the same school that produced Asi taulava. cheers. :)

WIZARD
06-02-2007, 09:46 AM
Since i dont know the east asian players i will stick to my west easian players
so Sam daghlas and ALi mahmud are the best in WABA..both achieve almost a triple double every game.

weward
06-02-2007, 06:18 PM
whoever knew philippine PGs will tell that Jhonny A has it all to be the best.
even scouts,coaches and even players from europe,USA,or whatever part of the globe,philippine PG of the 90's are the best in asia.
but up to now,present,philippine lacked developmental programs due to dirty politics and corrupt heads in the society.And bec. of that Philippine basketball was murdered and was kept from contention.
but my picks are Hector Calma,Jhonny A,Magsanoc,JAWORSKI!!!!
my best pick is JAWORSKI!!!
JAWORSKI is the most popular player in Philippine History(My grand parents to my younger cousins knew him very well!!).He is also the record holder of the oldest player to retire (i think in the world)at age 54 or 64 and he plays playing coach.he plays and at the same time coaches.He is the starter of Ginebra's Crowd(fans)ginebra's fans as quoted by scouts and experts,as the most passionate crowd aside from greeks.
because of Jaworski, Basketball got bigger in the philippines.
I remember my grandfather told me that when Philippine NT played the NBA champions Washington bullets in the 70's,Ramon fernandez and Jaworski carried the Philippines.And Jaworski out played the NBA players.
he retired i think in the late 90's..i think 1998.
if you ever got a time to visit the philippines,ask anyone who Jaworski is.And anyone whom you talked to will tell stories of greatness.

people outside ASIA knows that Philippine Guards are the best in ASIA.
And i also know that philippine is the best in asia and soon to be in the world if only politics will move away of the path!!!so dirty politics lingering the country!

kukoc7
06-02-2007, 06:29 PM
And i also know that philippine is the best in asia and soon to be in the world if only politics will move away of the path!!!so dirty politics lingering the country!

We can all dream. :p

Even without politics the Philippines won't be the best in the world. Asia?? Maybe (a BIG 1) in the next 2-5 years depending on how the NT program is handled, and how the rest of Asia develops.

art00
06-03-2007, 04:20 AM
We can all dream. :p

Even without politics the Philippines won't be the best in the world. Asia?? Maybe (a BIG 1) in the next 2-5 years depending on how the NT program is handled, and how the rest of Asia develops.

Well, I guess, NOBODY can really tell the future. But I do know the past. In the so-called "Golden Era" of Philippine basketball (generally, before the advent of professional basketball in the country), the Philippines was considered to be

"among the best basketball teams in the world after winning two consecutive Asian Games basketball gold medals (1951, 1954)."

That is a direct quote from this link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Philippine_Basketball).

More quotes from the same link:

"In 1936, the Philippines played in the Berlin Olympic Games basketball tournament, the first time basketball played as an official sports. The Philippines started the tournament winning two in a row beating Mexico and Estonia but lost to the United States in the quarterfinals. The Philippines went on to beat Italy and Uruguay to finished fifth in the tournament with a 4-1 record. The 5th place finish was the best finish by an Asian country in the Olympic Games men’s basketball tournament. If not for controversial rulings, the Philippines could have at least won silver or bronze medal."

"Despite missing the first FIBA World Championship (1950) in Argentina, the Philippines participated in the 1954 FIBA World Championship held at Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The Philippines finished with a 5-2 win-loss record in the Final Round games, and captured the bronze medal. The third place-finish is still currently the best finish by an Asian country in the World Championships. Carlos Loyzaga finished as the world tournament’s third leading scorer (148 points/16.4 points per game) and was named in the FIBA World Mythical Five Selection."

kukoc7
06-03-2007, 04:31 AM
Here we go again with the history lesson. He said the best, not aamong the best. Even then, the Philippines didn't get to the very top of the basketball world. And that was from the era when other countries didn't have any interest in the sport. What makes you think they can be the best when other countries are now very much into basketball and have better systems in place?

jramoyo
06-03-2007, 04:36 AM
That is a direct quote from this link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Philippine_Basketball).

More quotes from the same link:

"In 1936, the Philippines played in the Berlin Olympic Games basketball tournament, the first time basketball played as an official sports. The Philippines started the tournament winning two in a row beating Mexico and Estonia but lost to the United States in the quarterfinals. The Philippines went on to beat Italy and Uruguay to finished fifth in the tournament with a 4-1 record. The 5th place finish was the best finish by an Asian country in the Olympic Games men’s basketball tournament. If not for controversial rulings, the Philippines could have at least won silver or bronze medal."

"Despite missing the first FIBA World Championship (1950) in Argentina, the Philippines participated in the 1954 FIBA World Championship held at Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The Philippines finished with a 5-2 win-loss record in the Final Round games, and captured the bronze medal. The third place-finish is still currently the best finish by an Asian country in the World Championships. Carlos Loyzaga finished as the world tournament’s third leading scorer (148 points/16.4 points per game) and was named in the FIBA World Mythical Five Selection."[/I]

dude, really need to let go of this...

ok, that is a great achievement and it will always be... but winning those medals decades ago doesn't make Philippine basketball presently the best in Asia, more over the best in the world... surely you must be aware of that.

el presidente
06-03-2007, 04:59 AM
Just a question: just how good is Yuta Tabuse? Making to the lineup of an NBA team during the regular season is no mean feat for a 5'7" PG.

And will he play for the Japanese team in Tokushima?

art00
06-03-2007, 05:11 AM
What makes you think they can be the best when other countries are now very much into basketball and have better systems in place?

If you read my post carefully, I never said that. What I said was that NOBODY could tell the future (not even you). If you insist on knowing the future of Philippine basketball ("won't be the best of the world."), that's your problem.

art00
06-03-2007, 05:16 AM
dude, really need to let go of this...

ok, that is a great achievement and it will always be... but winning those medals decades ago doesn't make Philippine basketball presently the best in Asia, more over the best in the world... surely you must be aware of that.

** If you're missing my point, it is that the Philippines has a tradition of excellence in basketball. I never said that the Philippines IS the best in Asia or the World at present. All I'm saying is that we've been there, done that. And I agree that regaining its past stature in world basketball is just a dream at the present time. But, I reject any proposition that it is an impossible dream... because... let me say it again, nobody can tell the future.

kukoc7
06-03-2007, 05:28 AM
If you're saying that it is a "possible" dream then you're basically saying they can be the best.

Yes, nobody can tell the future... all other countries might decide to stop their basketball programs. Then.. Philippines will be the best in the whole world!!!

SMH.

art00
06-03-2007, 05:50 AM
If you're saying that it is a "possible" dream then you're basically saying they can be the best.

Yes, nobody can tell the future... all other countries might decide to stop their basketball programs. Then.. Philippines will be the best in the whole world!!!

SMH.

You also said:

And that was from the era when other countries didn't have any interest in the sport.

In the Berlin Olympics (link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basketball_at_the_1936_Summer_Olympics)), 23 nations were interested enough to send a team to the basketball competition.

I submit that it is absurd to assert that ALL other countries need to stop their basketball programs for the Philippines to be the best in the world. And I wonder what is the factual or even historical basis for such an assertion.

I also realize that this is off topic... and I will leave it at that.

Peace...

kukoc7
06-03-2007, 06:00 AM
Yes, soooo many real basketball powers now were in that Olympics. LOL.

Why is it absurd? It's a dream. Anobody can dream. In dreans nothing's impossible.

kukoc7
06-03-2007, 06:01 AM
Every time I look in the mirror
All these lines on my face getting clearer
The past is gone
It goes by, like dusk to dawn
Isn't that the way
Everybody's got their dues in life to pay

Yeah, I know nobody knows
where it comes and where it goes
I know it's everybody's sin
You got to lose to know how to win

Half my life
is in books' written pages
Lived and learned from fools and
from sages
You know it's true
All the things come back to you

Sing with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laughter, sing for the tears
Sing with me, if it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good lord will take you away

Yeah, sing with me, sing for the year
sing for the laughter, sing for the tear
sing with me, if it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away

Dream On Dream On Dream On
Dream until your dreams come true
Dream until your dream comes through
Dream On Dream On
Dream On Dream On

sing with me, if it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away
Sing with me, if it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away......

- Aerosmith

el presidente
06-03-2007, 06:34 AM
Back on topic, guys, or we'll be put in the Sea Otters thread. :)

Anyway, any response to whether Tabuse will be playing for Japan in Tokushima?

TechSupport
06-03-2007, 07:36 AM
"You see things and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were and I say, 'Why not?' "

Dreams are free.

kalamity131
06-03-2007, 09:22 AM
I Dream of a 4footer guard who will be the best PG in the world. It's a dream. Improbable yes, but not impossible.

igorotski
06-03-2007, 10:16 AM
1st, let's stop the PAST ACHIEVEMENTS cus we're not here to know what we had had in the past. everyone (as in everyone!!!) already knows that here on interbasket. no need of telling it again

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~PRESENT TIME~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

as for this present basketball,it's posibble for everyone to be the best in the world like Hong kong. it wud be possible if they poison their opponents then beat them:D . i mean guys, everyone has possibilty as long as they do something beyond practicing
(ie. asking other teams to stop practicing, poisoning them, accusing others teams of criminal acts, etc.)

since for everyone, the only thing NTs around the world can do is to practice&prepare well, some countries like us have very little or say no possibilty at all then (again in this present time). say everyone has had excellent governance and practice.
can we say the well condition Spain vs. well-conditioned Philippins wud be dominated by us?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~FUTURE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

however, our RP(even other avrg asian teams) team can atleast be one of the best in the world in the future if these 3 things wud be fulfilled TOGETHER. these are what others (ie. South american,euro teams) have that we dont.

1. we must be able to match the Basketball intelligence of Europeans.
2.We have to be as tall and strong as they are. This thing is hard for us knowing that in pinoy genes and diet, we can produce veryvery few giants unlike them.
3.since, in the present time, we dont use FIBA rules in Pba, it will be hard for our players to adjust to that rule(the time isnt enough for them to adjust) where there' a lot of physicality....which they are not used to. well then, we have to adapt it, and get used to very physical basketball.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

this is what we are now that says that we have no chance yet of being one of the best.

europeans
high bball iq + tall + strong + used to physicality

asians like rp
low-medium bball iq + small + not that strong + not used to physicality.

****however again,we can be one of the best in the FUTURE if we do the the 3 things that they lack. that wud take us a long time before we can say someday, "philippines can be one of the best" w/o considering that it wud be dream****

art00
06-03-2007, 11:43 AM
1st, let's stop the PAST ACHIEVEMENTS cus we're not here to know what we had had in the past. everyone (as in everyone!!!) already knows that here on interbasket. no need of telling it again

I am sorry if I had offended your sensibilities. But, unlike you, I am not a know-it-all who professes to know what everyone (as in everyone!!!) already knows.

Citing history is just one technique of illustrating a point. Nothing wrong with that, I submit. I reserve the right to post anything within the bounds of civility... as I concede your right to add anyone in your ignore list or NOT to read anybody else's post. I submit, further, that the internet is a medium for freedom (as against censorship).

onono1
06-04-2007, 06:06 AM

as for this present basketball,it's posibble for everyone to be the best in the world like Hong kong. it wud be possible if they poison their opponents then beat them:D . i mean guys, everyone has possibilty as long as they do something beyond practicing
(ie. asking other teams to stop practicing, poisoning them, accusing others teams of criminal acts, etc.)

since for everyone, the only thing NTs around the world can do is to practice&prepare well, some countries like us have very little or say no possibilty at all then (again in this present time). say everyone has had excellent governance and practice.
can we say the well condition Spain vs. well-conditioned Philippins wud be dominated by us?

however, our RP(even other avrg asian teams) team can atleast be one of the best in the world in the future if these 3 things wud be fulfilled TOGETHER. these are what others (ie. South american,euro teams) have that we dont.

2.We have to be as tall and strong as they are. This thing is hard for us knowing that in pinoy genes and diet, we can produce veryvery few giants unlike them.
3.since, in the present time, we dont use FIBA rules in Pba, it will be hard for our players to adjust to that rule(the time isnt enough for them to adjust) where there' a lot of physicality....which they are not used to. well then, we have to adapt it, and get used to very physical basketball.

this is what we are now that says that we have no chance yet of being one of the best.

europeans

asians like rp

****however again,we can be one of the best in the FUTURE if we do the the 3 things that they lack. that wud take us a long time before we can say someday, "philippines can be one of the best" w/o considering that it wud be dream****

Hmmmnn it seems your 1st example of european basketball intelligence is not impossible to match but its very difficult to attain. While your 2nd example of height and strength of european its not probable because of what we know our genes difference.

saints13
06-09-2007, 08:37 PM
si mike cortez ano ba kayo halatang mas may galaw si cortez kay helterbrand di niya kasing bilis pero magaling na leader and orchestrator mas capable of scoring ang lamng ng 2 eh mas matanda sila if you want to be better pg uneed to be older not too old

you said so...:)

but i think, mike cortez is too slow for international competition..i prefer jimmy alapag though.. :)

ros
06-12-2007, 04:17 AM
you said so...:)

but i think, mike cortez is too slow for international competition..i prefer jimmy alapag though.. :)

You're right. Cortez is rightly fitted to his monicker "Cool Cat" coz sometimes he plays too cool and not run on fastbreaks. If you watch Alaska's game Mike is more effective in halfcourt game.

donmar
06-12-2007, 08:40 AM
The Best Point Guard in Asia?

1980s: Hector Calma
1990s: Johnny Abarrientos
2000s: Jimmy Alapag (?)... Jayjay Helterbrand (?)

igorotski
06-12-2007, 08:50 AM
yuta tabuse
chen jiang hua
liu wei
sun yue
johnny abarrientos
helterbrand

daniab
06-12-2007, 09:28 AM
Ali Mahmoud
Sam Doughlas

Balyador
06-12-2007, 10:24 AM
I Dream of a 4footer guard who will be the best PG in the world. It's a dream. Improbable yes, but not impossible.

your wish is granted. youy know weng-weng?

if not, look at my avatar. btw, he's a 3 footer. :D

demonyito
06-12-2007, 10:49 AM
damn, i wish i could turn the clock back in 1990s!

no doubt, johnny Abrrientos was an NBA material wayback then

he was one of the first few who created the cross over move and many more moves that eventually popularized in NBA afterwards:D

Projectspeed
06-12-2007, 01:11 PM
in my opinion:D

past - Johnny Abarientos:D
present - Liu Wei:D
future - Chen Jiang Hua and Sun Yue:D

taipan
06-21-2007, 06:54 AM
Last night, 06/20/07 China NT vs. Croatia

Last shot by Chen,
http://photo6.hexun.com/p/2007/0620/105882/b_0C19B2BED448A6082037E7C25B308FE8.jpg

http://photo6.hexun.com/p/2007/0620/105882/b_3814CFB149B5F6D1E8402E54C776FB74.jpghttp://photo6.hexun.com/p/2007/0620/105882/b_B093427110D65278D8FE848CBDBCE129.jpg

http://photo6.hexun.com/p/2007/0620/105872/b_5C17609693628C8C4D22132B8BF845E6.jpg

http://photo6.hexun.com/p/2007/0620/105872/b_771D5A59202D7F924B49BFAB7404E291.jpg

http://photo6.hexun.com/p/2007/0620/105872/b_BDB368F44F5E56B0B036B1D5EEEA4623.jpg

http://photo6.hexun.com/p/2007/0620/105872/b_72CE7D083A712457985510F5FC429360.jpg
:cool:

taipan
06-21-2007, 07:09 AM
On 06/19/07, China NT vs. Italy,

See Chen in action, :eek:

http://photo6.hexun.com/p/2007/0619/105606/b_BBC8DE02A03318824B4819FC626D9C3E.jpg

http://photo6.hexun.com/p/2007/0619/105606/b_7611FF638A343224DB9E9718A5FF87C5.jpg

http://photo6.hexun.com/p/2007/0619/105606/b_07BF7F905F387DC42B18CF2096957AFB.jpg
:D

apiSigbinz
06-23-2007, 09:26 AM
i hope you can upload complete videos of Chen dude, i'm beginning to doubt Chen's court generalship as i'v only seen those clips where defense has so many lapses...

saints13
06-25-2007, 02:28 PM
I see Chen as a younger, stronger, quicker and taller version of Ra-Ra-Racela.. :D

I wish there will be a PG in Asia who plays like Jose Calderon and the PG from Argentina, they're just too classy for the 1 spot. :)

ctongco
06-26-2007, 07:05 AM
I see Chen as a younger, stronger, quicker and taller version of Ra-Ra-Racela.. :D

I wish there will be a PG in Asia who plays like Jose Calderon and the PG from Argentina, they're just too classy for the 1 spot. :)

I thought Calderon played for Spain, right?

We will be able to compare different Asian Point Guards this coming FIBA-Asia Championship.

apiSigbinz
06-27-2007, 02:03 AM

We will be able to compare different Asian Point Guards this coming FIBA-Asia Championship.

i think Sako plays also very good for Japan in his prime... :D

but Jordan's Sous is the best!!!!!! :D :D :D

JET007
06-27-2007, 07:05 AM
dude your from DAVAO? I'm from davao..
what's gold wizard? Never heard of that team...is that a comercial team? or a college?
WOOOHOOO!!! DAVAO MY HOMETOWN!!!

saints13
06-27-2007, 08:44 AM

Yeh, Jose Calderon is from Spain. :)

You didn't get what I was sayin' about that post, I was saying that how I wish there is a point guard ala-Calderon in Asia! :D

spanishman
06-27-2007, 11:11 AM
[QUOTE=igorotski]1st, let's stop the PAST ACHIEVEMENTS cus we're not here to know what we had had in the past. everyone (as in everyone!!!) already knows that here on interbasket. no need of telling it again

europeans

asians like rp

****however again,we can be one of the best in the FUTURE if we do the the 3 things that they lack. that wud take us a long time before we can say someday, "philippines can be one of the best" w/o considering that it wud be dream****[/QU

SPAIN IS BETTER THAN PHILIPPINES YESTERDAY, NOW AND TOMORROW...
A VIRTUAL MATCH SPAIN VS PHILIPPINES WOULD WIN SPAIN FOR A MARGIN OF 40-50 POINTS.
HERE IS THE LIST OF SPAIN FOR EUROBASKET 2007
CABEZAS (UNICAJA MALAGA) 186 CM
CALDERÓN (TORONTO RAPTORS) 192 CM
NAVARRO (NEXT YEAR WASHINGTON WIZARDS) 193 CM
BERNI RODRÍGUEZ (UNICAJA MALAGA) 199 CM
JIMÉNEZ (UNICAJA MALAGA) 204 CM
RUDY FERNÁNDEZ (NEXT YEAR IN NBA) 196 CM
MARC GASOL (NEXT YEAR IN NBA) 210 CM
REYES (REAL MADRID) 204 CM
GARBAJOSA (TORONTO RAPTORS) 206 CM
MUMBRÚ (REAL MADRID) 203 CM
PAU GASOL (MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES) 215 CM
SERGIO RODRÍGUEZ (PORTLAND T. BLAZERS) 192 CM

saints13
06-27-2007, 12:11 PM
nice idea you got there :)
it's like a spanishbread in a group of pandecocos :)
I wonder why posted that here? :confused:

I used Spanish PG Calderon for comparison to Asian PG's because I admire his court leadership and his basketball IQ and also I love eating spanishbread for merienda :)...lastly, it has nothing to do with you :)

saints13
06-27-2007, 12:13 PM
nice idea you got there :)
it's like a spanishbread in a group of pandecocos :)
I wonder why posted that here? :confused:

I used Spanish PG Calderon for comparison to Asian PG's because I admire his court leadership and his basketball IQ and also I love eating spanishbread for merienda :)...lastly, it has nothing to do with you :)

igorotski
06-27-2007, 12:36 PM
SPAIN IS BETTER THAN PHILIPPINES YESTERDAY, NOW AND TOMORROW...
A VIRTUAL MATCH SPAIN VS PHILIPPINES WOULD WIN SPAIN FOR A MARGIN OF 40-50 POINTS.
SERGIO RODRÍGUEZ (PORTLAND T. BLAZERS) 192 CM[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes: ok..wOW!! he can see the future jus like Nostradamus!! i wish i could see it too:rolleyes:

ctongco
06-27-2007, 01:43 PM
Yeh, Jose Calderon is from Spain. :)

You didn't get what I was sayin' about that post, I was saying that how I wish there is a point guard ala-Calderon in Asia! :D

Oh. Sorry, I misread your post.

Off-topic: We should not bring up past achievements? The Spurs won the NBA championship weeks ago. Weeks ago is the past, we should not discuss it? hehe. Just joking. Anyway, talking about past achievements is ok by me as long as it is no used inappropriately (An example would be "The Philippines were Asian Champs 50 years ago, therefore they will win FIBA-Asia 2007", now this is inappropriate).

saints13
06-27-2007, 05:06 PM
yeah, this thread is about PG particularly in Asia and not about Spanishbreads that has been together with PandeCocos in the bakery :D

CHINA TEAM
06-28-2007, 12:48 AM
Hey everyone ,who knows china new PG liu xiaoyu?(190cm;20yod)

He is a so stable PG,he and Chen jianghua in the same team,in fact he was promoted to A team from china b team.

http://photo2.hexun.com/p/2006/1013/50843/b_9BFCE3A2540272C41AF09086D65418E5.jpg

http://photo2.hexun.com/p/2006/1011/50452/b_40655FDD374A3EC6F8869DA0B60D32F5.jpg

MGwiZgx7Rjk

watiwawa
06-28-2007, 10:21 AM

He is a so stable PG,he and Chen jianghua in the same team,in fact he was promoted to A team from china b team.

http://photo2.hexun.com/p/2006/1013/50843/b_9BFCE3A2540272C41AF09086D65418E5.jpg

http://photo2.hexun.com/p/2006/1011/50452/b_40655FDD374A3EC6F8869DA0B60D32F5.jpg

MGwiZgx7Rjk

and then??? i hav a fearless forecast...

china will never have the best pointguard in asia!!!

igorotski
06-28-2007, 11:29 AM

yea yea.. if we found out that li xaioyu was a flip,not a chinese, we wud change our minds then say hes the best in Asia!!

taipan
06-28-2007, 02:48 PM

That is fine, as long as China has the best Centre in the world and the best PF in Asia, you will have nightmare everynight!:eek:

saints13
06-28-2007, 04:31 PM

why react like that, other asian people here will hate us Filipinos with that kind of attitude, that aint pride, that's arrogance :( remember, this is Asian Leagues and Players thread...for the best interest of everybody let's be aware of what we post here, let's not make it the Philippine Basketball thread.
sorry, I really have to say something about it, the more we brag, the more they'll hate us and the more facts will look like fantasy. aint it pathetic :(

taipan
06-28-2007, 06:15 PM
why react like that, other asian people here will hate us Filipinos with that kind of attitude, that aint pride, that's arrogance :( remember, this is Asian Leagues and Players thread...for the best interest of everybody let's be aware of what we post here, let's not make it the Philippine Basketball thread.
sorry, I really have to say something about it, the more we brag, the more they'll hate us and the more facts will look like fantasy. aint it pathetic :(

I agree with you 100%
This thread is supposed to introduce some of the best players (PG) in Asia.
If you think some PGs in Philippine is better, please introduce them to us. I
think we all appreciate talented players from different countries in Asia. It is
really annoying to say something like, China can never do this or that etc....
I don't think you want us to say something like, Philippine can never have a good centre or PF etc... right?
So lets talk something sensable and people will respect you and your contry!

viperbravo
06-29-2007, 01:43 AM

MGwiZgx7Rjk

So he can dunk :eek: ...Oh, I'm impressed. Bro, even our own Jimmy Alapag (5'8) can dunk!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ef4Kb7-QKJA

watch out for Mark Caguiao, Jimmy Alapag, Kelly Williams and KG Canaleta (3 time slam dunk champion) in this coming Jones Cup...

thekidd
06-29-2007, 03:07 AM
I think we're drifting off the topic...

Who's the Best Point guard in Asia?

so it doesn't state about the past nor the present, and it's irrelevant to discuss the upcoming PGs because they are not still in their PRIME....

the past "great" PGs will most come definitely from the Philippines... and some in Korea for their shooting prowess...

during the 80's - 90's i think china and japan is also producing great PGs and still Philippines and Korea still has the best PGs that time....

and from the late 90's upto present our western asian PGs are really becoming great in ball handling and court leadership.... but I think the eastern Asian PGs are still a notch higher with them...

no offense meant but easter asian PGs are faster, shoots better, passes better, and has better court leadership...

western asian PGs are taller and good, but i think they're not still moulded to be a true PG.

I based this on how a PG should be. The likes of Jerry West, John Stockton, Steve Nash, Tony Parker, Magic Johnson. They are all PGs because they not only can score, hit 3s, passes great, steals several balls, defends the other PG. But they can make their team a notch better because of their leadership.

I think a great PG is how he can bring a Fighting Mood on the other 4 guys in the court playing with him.... Like our own Jawo, Calma, Abbarientos, Racela in the past during their prime (Abarrientos and Racela is still active and still a leader in their teams)....

So I think Philippines is still consistent in producing great point guards in asia.... and currently we have JJ and Jimmy... I consider JJ is great PG than Jimmy... skill wise? jimmy can be better and faster... leadership wise... i go to JJ... how they can bring a fighting form with the other guys in the court.... i go to JJ...

saints13
06-29-2007, 05:38 AM
well, JJ and Jimmy so far hasn't proven anything yet in the Asian Basketball arena...so far they are considered upcoming too. just look at what the Western Asia has to offer, they have Ali Mahmoud of Lebanon, Sam Daghlas of Jordan and the likes. if you want to know who's the best right now, then lets just see this coming FIBA Asia, you cant rate Asia by seeing Philippines alone.

taipan
06-29-2007, 05:51 AM
Well, how about Sun Yue?
He is a PG and just got drafted at 40 by the Lakers.
What do you think???:rolleyes:

Phantim3dx
06-29-2007, 06:53 AM
i tihnk i already stated in a different thread, sun yue may be great in asia, but aside for that he is in LA to sell jerseys and merchandise tot he big asian community in the west coast as well as back in asia...particulatrly in china. he wont make a big enough impact to count for anything. LA is already loaded with guards. other than selling of goods i cant see anything else about sun yue being in LA

JET007
06-29-2007, 07:19 AM
[/QUOTE]SPAIN IS BETTER THAN PHILIPPINES YESTERDAY, NOW AND TOMORROW...
SERGIO RODRÍGUEZ (PORTLAND T. BLAZERS) 192 CM[/QUOTE]

POST THIS IN THE EUROPEAN FORUMS AND LETS WAIT AND SEE WHAT WILL HAPPEN TOMORROW...:p

TechSupport
06-29-2007, 09:08 AM
he's like the lakers commercial model for the asian market in the us nothing else. it'll be better training for him if he played in europe. you wont improve if you'll not be given enough playing time.

thekidd
06-29-2007, 09:27 AM
Is he the guy who was told by China NT coach that is not suited to play in the NBA so he needs to concentrate on the China NT???

And his mother team is planning to sue the foreign (Serbian?) coach?

I think his coach knows what will happen to him on the NBA... :D

taipan
06-29-2007, 10:08 AM
he's like the lakers commercial model for the asian market in the us nothing else. it'll be better training for him if he played in europe. you wont improve if you'll not be given enough playing time.

Mm.... I think Japan has stronger economic power to buy jersys. Then why there is no commercial model from Japan for the asian market in the US?????:D

taipan
06-29-2007, 10:10 AM

Or Are you envy because Lakers choose a Chinese and not a Japanese model?????

taipan
06-29-2007, 10:11 AM
Is he the guy who was told by China NT coach that is not suited to play in the NBA so he needs to concentrate on the China NT???

And his mother team is planning to sue the foreign (Serbian?) coach?

I think his coach knows what will happen to him on the NBA... :D

Where do you hear this from????
Any Link????
You are such a fool when you beleive in such makeup SH!T!:D

taipan
06-29-2007, 10:13 AM
i tihnk i already stated in a different thread, sun yue may be great in asia, but aside for that he is in LA to sell jerseys and merchandise tot he big asian community in the west coast as well as back in asia...particulatrly in china. he wont make a big enough impact to count for anything. LA is already loaded with guards. other than selling of goods i cant see anything else about sun yue being in LA

Is this thread suppose to talk abot best PG in ASIA????:eek:

Phantim3dx
06-29-2007, 11:17 AM
whoa someone is sensitive :rolleyes:

saints13
06-29-2007, 11:20 AM
well, that's NBA reality check 101, some international players are there for international marketing purposes. that's why the probability of a Filipino basketball player to be in the NBA is somehow possible because the Philippines is a great international market for basketball with lots of pirated stuffs around :)

quosvadis
06-29-2007, 08:21 PM
Where do you hear this from????
Any Link????
You are such a fool when you beleive in such makeup SH!T!:D

Actually the coach is Lithuanian and he said he still had a lot of work to do to be able to contribute in the NBA which is true but he isn't a marketing ploy like Tabuse was. He'll be the first asian guard to make an NBA team because of his great length and court awareness and because he schooled lottery picks like Julian Wright in workouts.

Alvin Genty compared him to Diaw with more length and play making skills but just needs to be more consistent to be a very good player. I think Tabuse had great skills but unfortunately when you are only 5 8 you can't last in a big boys league. Rarely is someone blessed to have Suns size and playmaking skills. Now he might be in the d league this year but Lakers roster is already thin so he will be playing along side Kobe hopefully by December. When you are getting torched by the best player in the world doing practice I can't help but not see how it will not increase your skill level. Phil Jackson will fall in love with this big guard in the triangle. He will take off alot of pressure from Kobe with bringing the ball up and play making. I'm not saying he will be a star but he will be a Diaw type impact player

donmar
06-30-2007, 02:37 AM
Mm.... I think Japan has stronger economic power to buy jersys. Then why there is no commercial model from Japan for the asian market in the US?????:D
Hey dude!... I'm no Japanese... but are trying to be a racist?:mad: ... even on the other thread... USA won't play RP? hmmm? I would say RP and USA won't even play your HK... unless you guys are patriotic enough to ask mother China to have Yao Ming play for your team... in exchange for becoming a just another city in China with no special autonomous status

quosvadis
06-30-2007, 03:13 AM
Hey dude!... I'm no Japanese... but are trying to be a racist?:mad: ... even on the other thread... USA won't play RP? hmmm? I would say RP and USA won't even play your HK... unless you guys are patriotic enough to ask mother China to have Yao Ming play for your team... in exchange for becoming a just another city in China with no special autonomous status

I am sure if Phillipines proves they are worthy USA will play you. No need to hint that he is being racist wen he's not hes' just stating the obvious that China has a much bigger market than Japan in basketball.

jiefangjun
06-30-2007, 03:40 AM

Hmm, US and Phillipine reside in two different continents, right? So both of you gotta qualify first then be grouped together to meet , which is kind of hard. But HK to meet RP is much easier. :)

saints13
06-30-2007, 03:41 AM
I am sure if Phillipines proves they are worthy USA will play you. No need to hint that he is being racist wen he's not hes' just stating the obvious that China has a much bigger market than Japan in basketball.

guys, we're drifting off :D let's get back to the topic shall we.. :D
or end this thread instead, before heated arguments occur.. :D

bolabasket
06-30-2007, 03:58 AM
well, that's NBA reality check 101, some international players are there for international marketing purposes. that's why the probability of a Filipino basketball player to be in the NBA is somehow possible because the Philippines is a great international market for basketball with lots of pirated stuffs around :)
AGREE...that was reason for Tabuse in the NBA --- marketing:p

jiefangjun
06-30-2007, 04:07 AM
Well, how about Sun Yue?
He is a PG and just got drafted at 40 by the Lakers.
What do you think???:rolleyes:

He is not the best point guard even in China yet.
But he got all the need, it is up to him to be the best point guard in asia.

taipan
06-30-2007, 04:28 AM

So you say you are trying to be a racist???:p
Yes, HK basketball really suck so what. But China beat the SH!T out of you team.
And even little baby knows Hong Kong, China is part of China.
Tomorrow is July 1st and is the 10th year HK back to China.
Even China's Primer is now in HK.
Go study world history and news. Hahahaha:D

saints13
06-30-2007, 03:07 PM
Yes, HK basketball really suck so what. But China beat the SH!T out of you team.

well, stop the crap :D
that aint bout PG's in Asia.. :D

well..for online education about hongkong follow this link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong

taipan
06-30-2007, 05:35 PM
well, stop the crap :D
that aint bout PG's in Asia.. :D

well..for online education about hongkong follow this link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong

So your craps like:

well, that's NBA reality check 101, some international players are there for international marketing purposes. that's why the probability of a Filipino basketball player to be in the NBA is somehow possible because the Philippines is a great international market for basketball with lots of pirated stuffs around

is about PG's in Asia????:eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D :p :p :p

taipan
06-30-2007, 05:49 PM
AGREE...that was reason for Tabuse in the NBA --- marketing:p
Has Tabuse ever get drafted by the NBA????? He was the FA
We should be all proud of Sun.
The first and only Asian PG ever get drafted by the NBA:eek:

Phantim3dx
06-30-2007, 05:51 PM
no it doesnt DIRECTLY point out to the thread of best pg in asia. i still dont think sun yue is the best pg in asia. but someone did mention about him going to the lakers, so it was fair game from there. i still think he is just there for marketing ploy, whether you admit to it or not, that's your personal bias/opinion. i can't help you on that.

taipan
06-30-2007, 06:02 PM
no it doesnt DIRECTLY point out to the thread of best pg in asia. i still dont think sun yue is the best pg in asia. but someone did mention about him going to the lakers, so it was fair game from there. i still think he is just there for marketing ploy, whether you admit to it or not, that's your personal bias/opinion. i can't help you on that.

Yes, you have your own opinion, but please tell me:
1. Why Lakers waste a 40th pick to a backup bench player (if SUN is only for marketing reeason, I assume you would think he is not even worth a bench player).
2. Do you think Lakers need SUN to market in China???Do you know how many Kobe's Jerseys were dold last year????
3. I have been to the Staple Center, do you know how Lakers Fan worship it? Like a temple of God! Lakers does not need SUN to sell one single ticket!

I agree China market may be part of the reason, but definitely not the main one. You like it or not. And please don't down play SUN's hardwork in this draft. Again, he is the only, first Asian PG get drafted by the NBA. You have to admit that!:D

dsong2006
06-30-2007, 09:05 PM
Sun was picked ahead of Mark Gasol so do you think Marc was for marketing too?? From the last couple years Phil Jackson worked with all his rookies and thats why Jordan Farmar got to start in he's first season. If he picks Sun Yue than that means he must've liked something he liked in Sun and wants to develop him.

dsong2006
06-30-2007, 09:06 PM
He probably saw this video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Bvs45ZykkN0

taipan
07-01-2007, 12:32 AM
He probably saw this video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Bvs45ZykkN0

That is neat!:eek:
The guy can pass, shoot (3 pters), steal, block, penatrate,and FAST!
China market???? My A$$!:D

donmar
07-01-2007, 01:35 AM

:confused::confused::confused::confused:.... :D:D:D:D

taipan
07-01-2007, 01:41 AM
:confused::confused::confused::confused:.... :D:D:D:D

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
:p :p :p :p :p
:cool: :cool: :cool:
:D :D :D :D :D :D

igorotski
07-01-2007, 02:28 AM
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
:p :p :p :p :p
:cool: :cool: :cool:
:D :D :D :D :D :D

wtf is going on? lol
im loving this thread more:D

CHINA TEAM
07-01-2007, 02:43 AM

Oh,who are you?professional?i think you are not,so why did make sure we ’ll never have???I don’t think so。If you always say this,we can say“you RP will never have the best C/PF/SF in asia!!!

I‘m sure we ‘ll have him,the part of Asia best PG(In fact we already have him!Liu wei)!Why not?We have best C Yao and PF Wang/YI,why can’t we have best PG???He will be Asian tallest PG sunyue(LOS laker ,40,where is your rp PG?),Chen jianghua,and liu xiaoyu possible》

BTW:i think only jealousy can‘t help you rp basket level to develop~You‘d better stop your animus idiot discourse ,here we should to intellect talk,and more amicable ~

http://photo.sohu.com/20041008/Img222374354.jpg

saints13
07-01-2007, 04:12 AM
China market???? My A$$!:D

:D :D :D :D :D

igorotski
07-01-2007, 04:15 AM
Oh,who are you?professional?i think you are not,so why did make sure we ’ll never have???I don’t think so。If you always say this,we can say“you RP will never have the best C/PF/SF in asia!!!

I‘m sure we ‘ll have him,the part of Asia best PG(In fact we already have him!Liu wei)!Why not?We have best C Yao and PF Wang/YI,why can’t we have best PG???He will be Asian tallest PG sunyue(LOS laker ,40,where is your rp PG?),Chen jianghua,and liu xiaoyu possible》

BTW:i think only jealousy can‘t help you rp basket level to develop~You‘d better stop your animus idiot discourse ,here we should to intellect talk,and more amicable ~

just forget about him. dont mind ppol who say things w/o thinking first

saints13
07-01-2007, 04:20 AM
ei Taipan, you've got some issues man, are you onion-skinned? :D
seems like you get stabbed everytime somebody posts something here, you're making me thing you're an 8 year-old girl.

CHINA TEAM
07-01-2007, 04:22 AM
just forget about him. dont mind ppol who say things w/o thinking first
What mean of“ppol”???

saints13
07-01-2007, 04:23 AM

I do agree, Liu Wei has been there but my fellow Filipino didn't notice. spare him, he doesn't know what he's commenting about. he only watches Filipino basketball, he doesn't even know Liu Wei. :D no offense to fellow Asian, and to my fellow Filipinos but I really do think that some comments are really irritating other Asians here, and it irritates me too. we're just basketball fans here who are sharing things with each other. no need to be defensive or whatsoever. :D

saints13
07-01-2007, 04:25 AM
What mean of“ppol”???

Igorotski meant people :) We're just used to making words short. :)

donmar
07-01-2007, 04:27 AM
seems like you get stabbed everytime somebody posts something here, you're making me thing you're an 8 year-old girl.

Yeah I agree with saints13... this forum is for everyone to share their thoughts and opinions about basketball... not criticizing someone or anyone for his opinion.. You're [Taipan] posting like a kid who just learned how to used a computer

BigFatPandaBear
07-01-2007, 04:33 AM
Obviously the best point guard from Asia is the one in Asia who was drafted by the NBA, Sun Yue.

Even if it were a "marketing ploy" they would still draft the best available player to be that marketing ploy. You can't draft a non-player for marketing and have to cut him or bench him if when the team and the city see he can't play. It'll ruin marketing worse than not drafting him in the first place especially since Yao Ming is a starter and Chinese people are expecting Yi to be one as well.

The fact is there is no point guard in Asia who could even be a "marketing ploy" outside of Chinese players. Sorry, to be perfectly honest there is simply no Japanese or Filipino who can physically play in the NBA right now.

Chen Jianghua will hit the draft a few years from now. We'll see if there is a guard from the Philippines that can get there before him. I doubt it.

CHINA TEAM
07-01-2007, 04:36 AM
I do agree, Liu Wei has been there but my fellow Filipino didn't notice. spare him, he doesn't know what he's commenting about. he only watches Filipino basketball, he doesn't even know Liu Wei. :D no offense to fellow Asian, and to my fellow Filipinos but I really do think that some comments are really irritating other Asians here, and it irritates me too. we're just basketball fans here who are sharing things with each other. no need to be defensive or whatsoever. :D
Yeah dude,so agree with you,no need to be defensive or whatsoever!!!:) we are all asian basket fans!but you‘d better to dissuade him~

BTW:”he doesn't know what he's commenting about.“Really???so inetersting
his mean“people”,i see,thanx:D

BigFatPandaBear
07-01-2007, 04:46 AM
The Philippines kept the torch burning for basketball in Asia during the 1950s when no one played basketball. They should be remembered for that.

But there is no comparison to China today. Not on the NTs or within the professional/club leagues. The physical/talent divide is so immensely great these days, even with the black and white naturalized members of the Philipine leagues.

In Asia, the only group with the ability to challenge China is Korea. Physically, they have enough people who can match up and the money as well. Not only the Philippines but Qatar and Lebanon (to an extent -- Vogel) depend on key foreign members, Korea doesn't.

saints13
07-01-2007, 06:14 AM
good observation BigFatPandaKot. :)

Good basketball players are not produced by importing players alone, it has to rely on a deep-rooted basketball program, that is what China had, and they are already reaping what they sow with the likes of Yao Ming, Yi JianLian etc. and some young players who are also developing. aside from China and Korea, Taipei also has some grassroots development ever since. Another developing basketball country is Kazakhstan, in due time, they will have players who are capable of dominating the Asian basketball scene because they are genetically Europeans and their size is good for basketball and knowing that they were former part of the defunct-USSR (they can produce players like the size of the Lithuanians, Serbians and Russians). Islamic Republic of Iran also has a good basketball program aside from its nuclear program (just kidding), they have Seinor NT players which came from Asian Champ Junior NT. It's not only China and Korea, there are a lot of other Asian countries too, that are seriously developing their basketball program.

the Philippines and the Mid-East countries like Qatar, Jordan and Lebanon are relying mostly on importing talents rather than developing local human resources as far as the Senior Basketball NT's are concerned. It won't be far when rich countries like Saudi, Kuwait, UAE and Singapore will get into the naturalization bandwaggon, if and only if they're crazy enough to win basketball games internationally. :)

well, sir, I have nothing against you and your opinions, but I do believe that the Philippines, my country, is starting to realize these facts, and efforts of having a strong basketball program (aside from importing and importing talents alone), and soon enough, not later than 100 years from now, we'll have a non-big man in the NBA, fair enough. :)

taipan
07-01-2007, 06:39 AM

If I were an 8 year-old girl then you are just a dog to me:D :D :D

taipan
07-01-2007, 06:43 AM
Yeah I agree with saints13... this forum is for everyone to share their thoughts and opinions about basketball... not criticizing someone or anyone for his opinion.. You're [Taipan] posting like a kid who just learned how to used a computer

So is it just Filipino can share their thought and not Chinese????
Is this Forum owned by the Filipino?????
Only Filipino can crtize others?????
Kid, when I first used Computer, you were not even born!:D :D

Phantim3dx
07-01-2007, 07:21 AM
i always thought the japanese beat the chinese in having the first pg in the nba; as short a stint and as sucky as it may have been yuta tabuse was there.
i could be wrong.

interesting video clip, on sun yue. how many cut and paste seasons did it take to make that highlight clip? :rolleyes:

sure the staples center is famous and doesnt need another person to sell more tickets, but what you pointed out to me was purely domestic. i'd like to think Lakers mgmt are thinking "hey if we get a chinese guy to play for us, we could sell more junk to mainland besides Kobe" not to mention they could tap into the market more in china as well as other asian nations that rally to the cry "an asian is in the nba we support him! etc"

he is there to make extra cash for the lakers, and that is purely my own opinion. yes it disagrees with some people here, particularly one person, who throws temper tantrums. china is a basketball crazy nation; if i were a business and wanted to expand hell yeah i'd do the same thing exactly what lakers mgmt has done. its really a tradeoff if you think about it, in the short run the lakers get a newer and bigger fan base domestically and especially in the international makret (China) which gives them more profit and money. long run yeah it's good for sun yue, he'll still be a scrub in my opinion playing only to the level of the aba and nbdl, but int he long run it gives others out there a chance and someone to look up to thus producing more gifted players for china and the asian continent.

let's look at the current lineup of the lakers specifically the guard position (pg and sg) which I assume sun yue would be put at

Lakers Roster

2007-08 Roster
NUM PLAYER POS HT WT DOB FROM YRS

24 Kobe Bryant G 6-6 220 08/23/1978 Lower Merion HS (PA) 11
Javaris Crittenton ** G 6-5 198 12/31/1987 Georgia Tech R
6 Maurice Evans G 6-5 220 11/08/1978 Texas 4
5 Jordan Farmar G 6-2 180 11/30/1986 UCLA 1
2 Aaron McKie G 6-5 209 10/02/1972 Temple 13
1 Smush Parker G 6-4 180 06/01/1981 Fordham 4
18 Sasha Vujacic G 6-7 195 03/08/1984 Slovenia 3
3 Shammond Williams G 6-1 201 04/05/1975 North Carolina 7
Sun Yue ** G 6-9 205 11/06/1985 China R

that's 9 guards!!! now by all means do i not doubt sun yue in playing time, a 4 man rotation is pretty difficult to crack. let's just say 4 sg 4 pg. that's 4 deep. compare this to let's say the rockets bench of pg/sg and specifically to vassillis spanoullis.. kill bill gets garbage time and i personally think kill bill is a whole lot better than sun yue. both are turnover prone, the only thing sun yue has is his height as an advantage. i still can't see sun yue cracking that 4 man rotation especially with how he has performed in the wbc, he didn't even bother showing up to perform in games at times, especially against the USA team which sun yue will be playing against these type of caliber players.

im not here to harp on sun yue because hell that guy is better than any of us in these threads, he just isn't nba material. sure he'll improve by being in the nba, it won't be enough though to make phil jackson start him on a continous basis unless mgmt tells him hey this season we are losing might as well put the kid in and churn up those merchandise for the asian fans here and in china.

taipan
07-01-2007, 07:37 AM
i always thought the japanese beat the chinese in having the first pg in the nba; as short a stint and as sucky as it may have been yuta tabuse was there.
i could be wrong.

interesting video clip, on sun yue. how many cut and paste seasons did it take to make that highlight clip? :rolleyes:

sure the staples center is famous and doesnt need another person to sell more tickets, but what you pointed out to me was purely domestic. i'd like to think Lakers mgmt are thinking "hey if we get a chinese guy to play for us, we could sell more junk to mainland besides Kobe" not to mention they could tap into the market more in china as well as other asian nations that rally to the cry "an asian is in the nba we support him! etc"

he is there to make extra cash for the lakers, and that is purely my own opinion. yes it disagrees with some people here, particularly one person, who throws temper tantrums. china is a basketball crazy nation; if i were a business and wanted to expand hell yeah i'd do the same thing exactly what lakers mgmt has done. its really a tradeoff if you think about it, in the short run the lakers get a newer and bigger fan base domestically and especially in the international makret (China) which gives them more profit and money. long run yeah it's good for sun yue, he'll still be a scrub in my opinion playing only to the level of the aba and nbdl, but int he long run it gives others out there a chance and someone to look up to thus producing more gifted players for china and the asian continent.

let's look at the current lineup of the lakers specifically the guard position (pg and sg) which I assume sun yue would be put at

that's 9 guards!!! now by all means do i not doubt sun yue in playing time, a 4 man rotation is pretty difficult to crack. let's just say 4 sg 4 pg. that's 4 deep. compare this to let's say the rockets bench of pg/sg and specifically to vassillis spanoullis.. kill bill gets garbage time and i personally think kill bill is a whole lot better than sun yue. both are turnover prone, the only thing sun yue has is his height as an advantage. i still can't see sun yue cracking that 4 man rotation especially with how he has performed in the wbc, he didn't even bother showing up to perform in games at times, especially against the USA team which sun yue will be playing against these type of caliber players.

im not here to harp on sun yue because hell that guy is better than any of us in these threads, he just isn't nba material. sure he'll improve by being in the nba, it won't be enough though to make phil jackson start him on a continous basis unless mgmt tells him hey this season we are losing might as well put the kid in and churn up those merchandise for the asian fans here and in china.

You certainly have your own opinion and I am not going to change that!
You still not answering my question as Lakers can wait till end of the draft (60 players after) and draft Sun as Free Agent (just like the Japanese Guy). Why waste a valuable 40th position to take Sun???
You know which position Manu Ginobili was drafted?
I am not saying Sun is the next Manu Ginobili. If he does not have
enough skill, I don't think the Lakers will take him at 40. Remember, Lakers still have No. 48 and they use it to take Marc Gasol instead.
As mentioned, China market is part of the reason, I don't think it is the main one though. Besides, If the NBA take a Japanese (any Japanese) I beleive the Japs can help the Lakers sell more Jerseys then Sun. (You know many Chinese won't buy the REAL stuff:D

Phantim3dx
07-01-2007, 08:07 AM
You certainly have your own opinion and I am not going to change that!
You still not answering my question as Lakers can wait till end of the draft (60 players after) and draft Sun as Free Agent (just like the Japanese Guy). Why waste a valuable 40th position to take Sun???
You know which position Manu Ginobili was drafted?
I am not saying Sun is the next Manu Ginobili. If he does not have
enough skill, I don't think the Lakers will take him at 40. Remember, Lakers still have No. 48 and they use it to take Marc Gasol instead.
As mentioned, China market is part of the reason, I don't think it is the main one though. Besides, If the NBA take a Japanese (any Japanese) I beleive the Japs can help the Lakers sell more Jerseys then Sun. (You know many Chinese won't buy the REAL stuff:D

i dont know how to answer why the lakers mgmt didnt pick sun yue as the last person in the trade. the only thing i can think of was, theres 20 more picks to go, and someone might get the rights to whore out the merchandise crap sun yue would promote, so the lakers jumped the gun so no one else could get him. i'd do the same i wouldn't wait till the last minute. early bird gets the worm whether it's in business or some other idiom based example.

yeah it's very well known that chinese compared to the japanese like to buy fake things, i do the same thing here in beijing when i go to silk street market and haggle the price down on fake clothing. makes me practice my chinese too while getting to use insulting words to get the price down. but there was no japanese in the draft this year, i dont think. however as income increases in mainland and the middle class grows more and more, they are starting to buy the real deal. yeah the lakers will not make as much money on merchandise potential because of knockoffs but every bit money that goes in to there pocket helps. half of my chinese friends buy here in this uni buy the fake stuff and half buy the real deal stuff. but all that play in the basketball league im in(just ended) here in the university summer league all had real shoes; so from a business perspective if sun yue ever got a nike shoe deal, the real ballers who have a thing for sun yue would probably buy the real deal shoes and not knockoffs that cause your ankles to break. i bought fake kobe shoes here, and i bought the real deal the next day....i dont support kobe, but i admit i like the shoes a lot best shoes ive ever worn.

taipan
07-01-2007, 08:55 AM
i dont know how to answer why the lakers mgmt didnt pick sun yue as the last person in the trade. the only thing i can think of was, theres 20 more picks to go, and someone might get the rights to whore out the merchandise crap sun yue would promote, so the lakers jumped the gun so no one else could get him. i'd do the same i wouldn't wait till the last minute. early bird gets the worm whether it's in business or some other idiom based example.

yeah it's very well known that chinese compared to the japanese like to buy fake things, i do the same thing here in beijing when i go to silk street market and haggle the price down on fake clothing. makes me practice my chinese too while getting to use insulting words to get the price down. but there was no japanese in the draft this year, i dont think. however as income increases in mainland and the middle class grows more and more, they are starting to buy the real deal. yeah the lakers will not make as much money on merchandise potential because of knockoffs but every bit money that goes in to there pocket helps. half of my chinese friends buy here in this uni buy the fake stuff and half buy the real deal stuff. but all that play in the basketball league im in(just ended) here in the university summer league all had real shoes; so from a business perspective if sun yue ever got a nike shoe deal, the real ballers who have a thing for sun yue would probably buy the real deal shoes and not knockoffs that cause your ankles to break. i bought fake kobe shoes here, and i bought the real deal the next day....i dont support kobe, but i admit i like the shoes a lot best shoes ive ever worn.

I do beleive NBA has an agreement that all the merchandise (with NBA logo) revenue is shared equally by all the 30 teams (go check the NBA rule if you don't know). So why the Lakers waste all the effort to draft SUN and get only 1/30 of the revenue??? Are they just simply crazy????
Yes, there is no Japs in this years' draft, but the Lakers can always draft Japs as Free Angent. I beleive there are lots of Japs dying to play for the Lakers!
As you have mentioned, you really don't know a lot of things such as:

"i dont know how to answer why the lakers mgmt didnt pick sun yue as the last person in the trade."

Then howcome you insist that the Lakers draft SUN is purly for the China market?

I really hope that you are right, but lots of people here doubt it!

Phantim3dx
07-01-2007, 09:58 AM
I do beleive NBA has an agreement that all the merchandise (with NBA logo) revenue is shared equally by all the 30 teams (go check the NBA rule if you don't know). So why the Lakers waste all the effort to draft SUN and get only 1/30 of the revenue??? Are they just simply crazy????
Yes, there is no Japs in this years' draft, but the Lakers can always draft Japs as Free Angent. I beleive there are lots of Japs dying to play for the Lakers!
As you have mentioned, you really don't know a lot of things such as:

"i dont know how to answer why the lakers mgmt didnt pick sun yue as the last person in the trade."

Then howcome you insist that the Lakers draft SUN is purly for the China market?

I really hope that you are right, but lots of people here doubt it!

whoa, someone here is on an inquisition :rolleyes: i at least i gave u an answer, you still haven't given me one to your question as to why. so what if revenue is shared, it's the overall success of the NBA and the league that the comissioner david stern is concerned about. its not just all about the lakers, but the whole organization of the NBA...that is if what you stated is fully correct. lots of people doubt it? please only a few are skeptical the rest are still gray sided or wont bother with such a off sided topic.

having another china man in the nba is good business overall, basketball was a popular sport in china, but then when the rockets added yao ming and Yao proved himself....Yi will also...sun yue will still be a scrub like a bad written check...basketball in china skyrocketed, and overall helped david stern's vision of globalizing the game. as of current over 300 million chinese are playing the game, that's more than the population of the USA. if anyone can't see the untapped marketing potential on that then they better just not go to a business school...stick with playing dynasty warriors or something

why would the the NBA draft a free agent japanese player over a chinese, no one is in the market in the draft, is also about potential. sun yue has potential over other japanese players, hence he went into the draft, and no japanese did they arent gifted enough "yet". why would the nba draft japanese right now, no one is in the draft that's japanese, how many times do i have to say this and for you to understand this. your statement is pointless and baseless on the accounts of comparing the two, get your head out of this japan vs china thing.

Phantim3dx
07-01-2007, 10:01 AM
by the way i like how you took my quote and put it out of context

"i dont know how to answer why the lakers mgmt didnt pick sun yue as the last person in the trade."<--what you saw

it's called a sentence, and then i started new ones and ended it as a paragraph.

"the only thing i can think of was, theres 20 more picks to go, and someone might get the rights to whore out the merchandise crap sun yue would promote, so the lakers jumped the gun so no one else could get him. i'd do the same i wouldn't wait till the last minute. early bird gets the worm whether it's in business or some other idiom based example."<--the rest of my answer

you must be wanting to be a journalist, CNN as got there man for the future.

taipan
07-01-2007, 10:13 AM
by the way i like how you took my quote and put it out of context

"i dont know how to answer why the lakers mgmt didnt pick sun yue as the last person in the trade."<--what you saw

it's called a sentence, and then i started new ones and ended it as a paragraph.

"the only thing i can think of was, theres 20 more picks to go, and someone might get the rights to whore out the merchandise crap sun yue would promote, so the lakers jumped the gun so no one else could get him. i'd do the same i wouldn't wait till the last minute. early bird gets the worm whether it's in business or some other idiom based example."<--the rest of my answer

you must be wanting to be a journalist, CNN as got there man for the future.

You just don't get it don't you?:D
My question was and is: Why the Laker take their own 40th pick to pick SUN?
First you said the Lakers want it mainly on the China market for the Lakers.
Now you said it is for the NBA as a whole. I don't think Buss gives a damn about David Stern! Why waste Lakers own 40th pick to please David??? Unless you know something I don't know:p
You just contradict youself with different so called "answers".
About the Japs thing, it was you said that there was no Japs in the draft to pick, so I response with the Free Agent if they only care about selling things to a larger market. You think you have all the answer and in fact all are Bu!!s to me. :D

Phantim3dx
07-01-2007, 10:23 AM
You just don't get it don't you?:D
My question was and is: Why the Laker take their own 40th pick to pick SUN?
First you said the Lakers want it mainly on the China market for the Lakers.
Now you said it is for the NBA as a whole. I don't think Buss gives a damn about David Stern! Why waste Lakers own 40th pick to please David??? Unless you know something I don't know:p
You just contradict youself with different so called "answers".
About the Japs thing, it was you said that there was no Japs in the draft to pick, so I response with the Free Agent if they only care about selling things to a larger market. You think you have all the answer and in fact all are Bu!!s to me. :D

how is it a contradiction, you first asked why, so i gave u an answer of the lakers. then u stated about only having 1/30 of earnings so i answered in terms of the nba as a whole. i dont see any contradiction to it. i dont think the 40th pick was to please stern himself, but if it means the survival of the nba and pushing into other markets so other leagues in the world are that much more pitiful then yeah join the lesser of 2 evils.
and for the love of god stop saying japs, i dont call you a chink or sick man of asia, or opium smoker, that's racist. it doesnt take that much longer to add in "anese"

Japan's population is about 127,433,494 (July 2007 est.) (https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/print/ja.html)
that's about 1/3 the amount of people who play basketball in china. not to mention of those 130,000,000 (i rounded up am I allowed to do that or do I need your permission? :rolleyes: ) only a smaller percentage play basketball. ive given you answers countless times whether you actually want to see them or keep your head somewhere else. have you given me any answers so far that seem at least convinceable? was this the 2nd or 3rd time ive asked you, i dont remember? once should have been more than enough but apparently some still don't understand what questions are.. hey look for something at the end of a sentence known as "?" okay get going

taipan
07-01-2007, 11:47 AM
how is it a contradiction, you first asked why, so i gave u an answer of the lakers. then u stated about only having 1/30 of earnings so i answered in terms of the nba as a whole. i dont see any contradiction to it. i dont think the 40th pick was to please stern himself, but if it means the survival of the nba and pushing into other markets so other leagues in the world are that much more pitiful then yeah join the lesser of 2 evils.
and for the love of god stop saying japs, i dont call you a chink or sick man of asia, or opium smoker, that's racist. it doesnt take that much longer to add in "anese"

Japan's population is about 127,433,494 (July 2007 est.) (https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/print/ja.html)
that's about 1/3 the amount of people who play basketball in china. not to mention of those 130,000,000 (i rounded up am I allowed to do that or do I need your permission? :rolleyes: ) only a smaller percentage play basketball. ive given you answers countless times whether you actually want to see them or keep your head somewhere else. have you given me any answers so far that seem at least convinceable? was this the 2nd or 3rd time ive asked you, i dont remember? once should have been more than enough but apparently some still don't understand what questions are.. hey look for something at the end of a sentence known as "?" okay get going

Interesting!:eek:
You must be a student now!
I have never heard of "only" using and comparing population as market potential!
If that is the case, try talk about India or Indonisia, boy!
Do you know at least 70% of Chinese still work or working related with Agriculture???
Have you heard of a term GDP???
Or GDP per Capita??????

I am not going to find it out for you, as I beleive you are old enough to find it yourself. Do you know how much money were/are investing in the Japs (so what! ) market and Chinese by US firms?? And how much they get annually in return??? Hey we are not talking about BB players here, it is not just potential, it is real $$$$$

Go ask someone really have some "Working experience" in the real world and tell you the "Split" of investment in different countries then come back and talk to me. Hahaha Little boy!

P.S. Go study economic 101 before come back and talk to me:D

BigFatPandaBear
07-01-2007, 01:30 PM

Those were probably taken over a season or at most two season because he didn't change much in the vid.

But supposed it took him 10 years. He's 22 now and he certainly doesn't look younger than 20 in any of those clips. But we're going to be stupid for sake of argument and pretend that in some of those highlights, he was just 13.

One, a 13- or 19-year-old Asian kid blocking shots on grown black men and jamming the ball with such ease is cool beyond belief.

Two, given 10 years of searching you still cannot compile the same kind of video with the dunks and blocks from all the point guards who were ethnically Filipino or Japanese in the past decade. You take literally thousands of point guards in the Philippines and Japan, thousands of man years in basketball, and splice them together and you still won't get the same kind of results as the clip of just Sun himself.

A 6' 9" point guard with leaping ability is not even that common among whites, never mind Asians. Are you kidding me? This guy is a kind of athlete that we haven't seen in the rest of Asia yet but is becoming more and more common in China.

BigFatPandaBear
07-01-2007, 02:00 PM
good observation BigFatPandaKot. :)

Good basketball players are not produced by importing players alone, it has to rely on a deep-rooted basketball program, that is what China had, and they are already reaping what they sow with the likes of Yao Ming, Yi JianLian etc. and some young players who are also developing. aside from China and Korea, Taipei also has some grassroots development ever since.

Taipei always had a "successful" program in Asia. But it was based more on a size advantage that the Chinese population there had over the rest of Asia instead of being a program that trained its players particularly well. Korea actually has a very good training program.

Another developing basketball country is Kazakhstan, in due time, they will have players who are capable of dominating the Asian basketball scene because they are genetically Europeans and their size is good for basketball and knowing that they were former part of the defunct-USSR (they can produce players like the size of the Lithuanians, Serbians and Russians).

Very unlikely that they will dominate East Asia (China, Japan and Korea.) Genetically, Chinese players like Yi Jianlian and Sun Yue are more explosive than any whites who are the same size. You don't see a lot of 6' 9" white guys playing point and jamming like Sun in that vid.

Chinese teams are traditionally bigger than European ones and has better leapers. Where the Europeans are much better is organization and training. They play defense and have far better teamwork along with good size. They trained great shooters like Peja Stojakovic and good fundamentally sound players like Vlad Divac. Peja and Vlad are not athletes anywhere near Yi but they are much better trained.

If Kazakhstan comes to dominate Asia with its Russian/East European population, it will be because of organization and coaching not because of genetics.

Islamic Republic of Iran also has a good basketball program aside from its nuclear program (just kidding), they have Seinor NT players which came from Asian Champ Junior NT. It's not only China and Korea, there are a lot of other Asian countries too, that are seriously developing their basketball program.

Iran is a solid home grown program. But I really don't see a lot of others who are "seriously" developing their programs. Otherwise, we would see more mention of them in the NBA draft every year. (You don't actually have to be in the draft to create buzz among scouts. Year after year, China and Korea are the only ones that create any interest in NBA scouts.)

well, sir, I have nothing against you and your opinions, but I do believe that the Philippines, my country, is starting to realize these facts, and efforts of having a strong basketball program (aside from importing and importing talents alone), and soon enough, not later than 100 years from now, we'll have a non-big man in the NBA, fair enough. :)

Like I said, Asia should remember the Philippines for keeping flame of basketball alive in the 1950s when no one in Asia played the game. Every true Asian basketball fan would want to see any Asian team do well in the future. You want basketball in Asia to rise as a whole.

Yao, Yi and Sun (and Wang and Mengke before them) being in the NBA raise the rep of ALL Asians. It means that if they do well in the NBA, the chances of a guard from the Philippines or Lebanon being in the NBA grows as well since NBA scouts can now compare how non-Chinese players in the Asian tournaments match up against Chinese players in the NBA.

saints13
07-01-2007, 02:22 PM
yes,I am an 8 year-old girl :D :D :D

oh i see, now i know :)

CHINA TEAM
07-01-2007, 03:28 PM

No,he will be

Bvs45ZykkN0

manu_bol
07-01-2007, 03:35 PM
sun yue at wizards pre draft camp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2yZ3KEHcwo

such an eye sore.. in the video clip (2:08), he never made a shot..

his one on one move against another draft prospect ended up in his shot being swatted hard by his defender...

in my opinion, at this point, liu wei is the better chinese PG

CHINA TEAM
07-01-2007, 03:39 PM
sun yue at wizards pre draft camp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2yZ3KEHcwo

such an eye sore.. in the video clip (2:08), he never made a shot..

his one on one move against another draft prospect ended up in his shot being swatted hard by his defender...

in my opinion, at this point, liu wei is the better chinese PG
So you think liu wei is best PG of china and one of Asian best PG?right?

manu_bol
07-01-2007, 03:49 PM
So you think liu wei is best PG of china and one of Asian best PG?right?

yup, i do... but i'm saying that someday chen and sun will be better than him. but as of now, he is china's best point guard (and one of asia's best guards)

i think he played well in that game in china as a sacramento king, too bad he was waived...

BigFatPandaBear
07-01-2007, 03:54 PM
The difference between Sun and any point guard in the Philippines or Japan was Sun invited into a workout with the Wizards with first round picks Crittenden and Nick Young and those from the Philippines and Japan weren't.

It's not like there is quota on "marketing ploys." You can draft a Chinese, a Japanese or a Filipino for a ploy over the years. No one is gonna give up on the Japanese market just because they have the Chinese one. You go for as many markets as you can get.

The difference is drafting a Japanese or Filipino is simply not legit even as a marketing ploy. The ploy needs to be able to play for the ploy to work.

Tabuse? He played in four games as a curiousity because he was 5' 9". His potential was limited from the very get go. All Asian should be proud that he got in there. But seriously, 5' 9"?

Sun Yue is 6' 9" with 35 inch vertical. He can slam with two steps from key and blocks shots. There is no comparison in physical ability between the two.

Phantim3dx
07-01-2007, 03:58 PM
nah ill pass on econ 101, had enough of that junk. oh yes i just grad from my uni, but hey no one ever said they cant stop learning hence why im in beijing right now.

on another note, i dont think sun yue is the best pg in asia..period. chen jianghua has a better shot in making the nba and having a better pick than sun yue. down the road ill be rooting for chen jianghua, the scrub sun yue whose scrotum is on taipan's mouth, ill pass.

Phantim3dx
07-01-2007, 04:03 PM
Interesting!:eek:
You must be a student now!
I have never heard of "only" using and comparing population as market potential!
If that is the case, try talk about India or Indonisia, boy!
Do you know at least 70% of Chinese still work or working related with Agriculture???
Have you heard of a term GDP???
Or GDP per Capita??????

I am not going to find it out for you, as I beleive you are old enough to find it yourself. Do you know how much money were/are investing in the Japs (so what! ) market and Chinese by US firms?? And how much they get annually in return??? Hey we are not talking about BB players here, it is not just potential, it is real $$$$$

Go ask someone really have some "Working experience" in the real world and tell you the "Split" of investment in different countries then come back and talk to me. Hahaha Little boy!

P.S. Go study economic 101 before come back and talk to me:D

india is too busy with cricket. indonesia is too busy hating on ethnic descents of chinese, hence both dont seem to be interested in basketball that much.

so what is your working experience, don't tell me wanking or chinese delivery boy.

now namecalling aside since it's really getting tasteless, i am asking you now for the 4th time, what is your answer to your original question as to why sun yue was picked 40th for what reason? how many more times do i have to ask? oh yeah something that's actually logical with some basic support not just he is the best, that won't cut the cookie sheet.

BigFatPandaBear
07-01-2007, 04:09 PM
Dude, what could be more proof than he was drafted by the NBA? LOL

Any of the other excuses why the so-called "better" players outside of China were not drafted are just excuses. Talk about marketing ploys are just excuses.

Sun Yue was drafted and at this point in time, he is the best point guard in Asia. Just as Yao Ming is best center in Asia. Wang Zhi Zhi and Yi Jianlian are the best forwards in Asia.

All four were scouted and drafted by the NBA. Pure and simple.

CHINA TEAM
07-01-2007, 04:25 PM
yup, i do... but i'm saying that someday chen and sun will be better than him. but as of now, he is china's best point guard (and one of asia's best guards)

i think he played well in that game in china as a sacramento king, too bad he was waived...
En,thanx for your video!~Let me see the sun in other one's eye;)

ctongco
07-03-2007, 12:10 AM

Any of the other excuses why the so-called "better" players outside of China were not drafted are just excuses. Talk about marketing ploys are just excuses.

Sun Yue was drafted and at this point in time, he is the best point guard in Asia. Just as Yao Ming is best center in Asia. Wang Zhi Zhi and Yi Jianlian are the best forwards in Asia.

IMHO, I don't think that by being in the NBA a player instantaneously becomes a better player than those outside of the NBA.

BigFatPandaBear
07-03-2007, 03:31 AM
IMHO, I don't think that by being in the NBA a player instantaneously becomes a better player than those outside of the NBA.

All the time? No. There are always exceptions.

Most of the time? Most definitely yes.

NBA scouts scour the world over for talent. Off the top of my head, they've reached into Germany, Argentina, Spain, Nigeria, China and Sudan for talent and potential.

If those attributes are there, the chances are they would be drafted. Being the "best" is a combination of skills and physical attributes. You can't get away from height, speed and leaping ability in the game.

Now, it is far more realistic to say that the best national teams might not necessarily be composed of NBA players. But as individual players? Being drafted by the NBA means you are better than the dude who wasn't.

donmar
07-03-2007, 04:52 AM
So is it just Filipino can share their thought and not Chinese????
Is this Forum owned by the Filipino?????
Only Filipino can crtize others?????
Kid, when I first used Computer, you were not even born!:D :D

Ok grandpa you win! :D:D:D ..

watiwawa
07-03-2007, 11:14 AM

how abt khatib....

china have the best center.... on power forward but not sf,sg... not xur on pg

on sg position... fair...

so if they are the best why not try other countries players to play in the nba so that we know who's really bettr............

sinobball
07-03-2007, 06:31 PM
Kids, enough of the nonsense. Taipan is not BigFatPandaBear as they have different IPs. This is a good thread and don't tempt me to close it.

taipan
07-03-2007, 06:35 PM
Kids, enough of the nonsense. Taipan is not BigFatPandaBear as they have different IPs. This is a good thread and don't tempt me to close it.

Thanks for clarify that:)

CHINA TEAM
07-04-2007, 02:05 AM
how abt khatib....

china have the best center.... on power forward but not sf,sg... not xur on pg

on sg position... fair...

so if they are the best why not try other countries players to play in the nba so that we know who's really bettr............
Haha,no need to answer ro you

except jealousy,you are nothing.far away frome here

bolabasket
07-04-2007, 06:55 AM
nobody from China can stop Khatib....

watiwawa
07-04-2007, 02:35 PM

and nobody in china plays like khatib... haha...

and i think also caguioa..

taipan
07-05-2007, 04:33 AM

Khatib is a great player, but he is not a PG;)
He is averaging over 30 pts per game in the Jones cup, which is great!
Too bad he is no Fillipino:D

On the other hand, caguioa???
He is a disappointment!
He may be good in Fillipine.
He can only average a little over 8 pts with almost 3 TO in 3 games :eek:

Just a little advice:
Next time, when you feel like to compare with
the Chinese players, please list the fact:p
Overhyping players won't be good to your nation:D

Beside, we feel lucky we don't have player like caguioa!

BigFatPandaBear
07-05-2007, 05:27 AM

LOL. Nobody in Asia could stop anyone.

That's one of things that separate Asia from Europe and South America (besides the height. LOL)

Teams like Argentina, Greece, Serbia could beat the US because they can play defense, especially well-organized zones. Americans play great man to man because of its athletes. Europeans play intricate zones to take advantage of coaching and training.

European teams are shorter than China and not significantly bigger than Lebanon or South Korea. The difference is teamwork, coaching and organization, especially on the defensive end.

taipan
07-05-2007, 07:01 AM
LOL. Nobody in Asia could stop anyone.

That's one of things that separate Asia from Europe and South America (besides the height. LOL)

Teams like Argentina, Greece, Serbia could beat the US because they can play defense, especially well-organized zones. Americans play great man to man because of its athletes. Europeans play intricate zones to take advantage of coaching and training.

European teams are shorter than China and not significantly bigger than Lebanon or South Korea. The difference is teamwork, coaching and organization, especially on the defensive end.

Agree!
It takes FIVE! Baby:)

CHINA TEAM
07-05-2007, 11:06 AM

Oh HOOHOO~~the idiot opinion with jealousy...:p

There are noly PBA in your eyes,so of course you don't Know who can stop him from china.and also you don't know the different between PG and SG.do you know what is C;PFand SF???

Both worms ......i compassion you...

donmar
07-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Hey guys relax.. chill out... if nobody can stop Fadi El Khatib.. I'm sure nobody can stop Yao Ming not even Khatib himself.. period..

watiwawa
07-05-2007, 11:24 AM
Oh HOOHOO~~the idiot opinion with jealousy...:p

There are noly PBA in your eyes,so of course you don't Know who can stop him from china.and also you don't know the different between PG and SG.do you know what is C;PFand SF???

Both worms ......i compassion you...

china is just too lucky to have that height, food and economy...

why not give yao ming a 6'8 frame.. let's see who'll dominate...

and give sun yue a 6'0,,, i don't thing he can score...

height is might!!!

BOASTFUL CHINESE!!! chinese are not that good... they are just TALL...

CHINA TEAM
07-05-2007, 11:27 AM
Hey guys relax.. chill out... if nobody can stop Fadi El Khatib.. I'm sure nobody can stop Yao Ming not even Khatib himself.. period..
Hoho,chill out?you 'd better to to advise him ,he looks like a child with knows nothing,only jealousy and innocent............look what he said,so shame and sick!!!

CHINA TEAM
07-05-2007, 11:31 AM

height is might!!!

Right?haha,better than you,you are just too lucky to depend upon the hybrid member,If not hybrid member,you are nothing!!!

If you always say this i think i can say RP is not that good ,too bad!!!

g359vkl
07-05-2007, 12:33 PM

Khatib? who? A player never win any asia title? In a team which never beat China? You must kidding me.

taipan
07-05-2007, 01:10 PM

height is might!!!

The most idotic things I have ever heard in my life!:eek:
What if Shaq only 5 foot tall, will he be making $20 million a year????
What if you are only 1 inch long. Can you ??????:D :rolleyes:
Next time, please make sure you are fully awake before you write somthing:D :D :D

BigFatPandaBear
07-05-2007, 01:34 PM

LOL. You can say the same thing about the US. If it didn't have the height, food and economy then the NBA would be just as bad as the PBA. LOL

You know how stupid this sounds?

If Yao Ming were 6' 8", he would be a small forward and Zhang Songtao would be playing center. LOL

Sorry dude, you can't wish that China's NT would suddenly become shorter. That's living in fantasy-land not reality.

The reality is China's starting five will have a 7' 6" center, 7' 0" forwards and guards between 6' 4" and 6' 9".

Boastful filipinos, you guys are just loud (and short.)

There isn't any nationality louder in this forum than the flips and everyone knows it. LOL

donmar
07-05-2007, 02:09 PM
LOL. You can say the same thing about the US. If it didn't have the height, food and economy then the NBA would be just as bad as the PBA. LOL

If Yao Ming were 6' 8", he would be a small forward and Zhang Songtao would be playing center. LOL

Sorry dude, you can't wish that China's NT would suddenly become shorter. That's living in fantasy-land not reality.

The reality is China's starting five will have a 7' 6" center, 7' 0" forwards and guards between 6' 4" and 6' 9".

There isn't any nationality louder in this forum than the flips and everyone knows it. LOL

hey bro watch your words... not all Filipinos in this forum are boasting... have you ever seen a single PBA game before... ... and I think its wise to ignore those guys (eventhough they're my countrymen) who thinks they know what they're saying without thinking...

and yeah we flips are louder... and more passionate about basketball...

BigFatPandaBear
07-05-2007, 02:16 PM
hey bro watch your words... not all Filipinos in this forum are boasting... have you ever seen a single PBA game before... ... and I think its wise to ignore those guys (eventhough they're my countrymen) who thinks they know what they're saying without thinking...

and yeah we flips are louder... and more passionate about basketball...

Bro, I love the flips' passion for basketball and have all the respect for them. We're all bros here, bonded by our love for the game. LOL.

But if dudes like wawa and others are going to say crazy things, I'll have fun with them. LOL

If you talk smack, I'll talk smack. Talking sh1t is a part of basketball as well. LOL

donmar
07-05-2007, 02:21 PM
Bro, I love the flips' passion for basketball and have all the respect for them. We're all bros here, bonded by our love for the game. LOL.

But if dudes like wawa and others are going to say crazy things, I'll have fun with them. LOL

If you talk smack, I'll talk smack. Talking sh1t is a part of basketball as well. LOL

Hehehehe!!! :D :D ... I like the last line!:D ...

igorotski
07-05-2007, 04:15 PM
jus ignore those stupid noisy cocky flips. i think theyre jus kids on this forum and knows nothing but to say "we're the best,we're thebest!"
on this thread i can name one, but i suppose everyone knows who he is. not only u foreigners are annoyed w/ people like him but also us.

so u mr.stupid cocky kid(u know who u are!) who embarrasses us ur countrymen... think well first before posting but if u cant, go somewhere else and do the barking.

CHINA TEAM
07-06-2007, 02:22 AM

Haha,US dude!~classical.

and so agree with you,i think most members are intellectual here,But if dudes like wawa and others are going to say crazy things,they are contaminating interbasket!!!and should get away from here!!!

CHINA TEAM
07-06-2007, 02:26 AM
The most idotic things I have ever heard in my life!:eek:
What if Shaq only 5 foot tall, will he be making $20 million a year????
What if you are only 1 inch long. Can you ??????:D :rolleyes:
Next time, please make sure you are fully awake before you write somthing:D :D :D

Oh,i'm afraid he can't forever...he's a child with knows nothing~!

onono1
07-06-2007, 02:30 AM

Yeah, thats the spirit big brother pandabear, show us your real skin, a fil-american living in the US :p Thats him guys pandabear. But so ashame to reveal his roots because of some filipino braggarts and shitheads in this forum (like me) :D

BigFatPandaBear
07-06-2007, 03:17 AM
Yeah, thats the spirit big brother pandabear, show us your real skin, a fil-american living in the US :p Thats him guys pandabear. But so ashame to reveal his roots because of some filipino braggarts and shitheads in this forum (like me) :D

LOL. If I were flip, I'd be BigFatPinoyBoy instead of Fat Panda. LOL.

Nah, I'm a fat Chinese-American. Fat Cantonese dude to be precise. Like the flips we Cantonese (at one time ALL Chinese in America were Cantonese, not any more) love bball. LOL

There is a yearly basketball tournament for Chinatown teams across the US. Basketball and volleyball are the biggest sports in our communities. Those are huge events. Teams from across the USA. Roundball is our number one sport. Okay, Chinese dudes Taiwan like baseball more. LOL

I play in a neighborhood league and I know that pinoys are passionate for the game in spite of size. Viets and Cambodians love the game too.

Cantonese are the shortest of the Chinese ethnics but we could always scrounge up a bunch of six footers for our frontcourt and spikers (v-ball.) Flip teams usually can't get anyone who's bigger than 5' 10" but you guys have heart and are aggressive.

You dudes also love to talk trash like the homeboys. LOL

But that's cool. I like it because it means I don't have to pretend to be nice and proper like a good Cantonese kid. LOL

joel23
07-06-2007, 03:25 AM
The greatest pointguard all-time in Asia are Johnny Abarrientos or Hector Calma are close... Both are Philippine legends... They're smart versatile player...

taipan
07-06-2007, 04:57 AM

Nah, I'm a fat Chinese-American. Fat Cantonese dude to be precise. Like the flips we Cantonese (at one time ALL Chinese in America were Cantonese, not any more) love bball. LOL

There is a yearly basketball tournament for Chinatown teams across the US. Basketball and volleyball are the biggest sports in our communities. Those are huge events. Teams from across the USA. Roundball is our number one sport. Okay, Chinese dudes Taiwan like baseball more. LOL

I play in a neighborhood league and I know that pinoys are passionate for the game in spite of size. Viets and Cambodians love the game too.

Cantonese are the shortest of the Chinese ethnics but we could always scrounge up a bunch of six footers for our frontcourt and spikers (v-ball.) Flip teams usually can't get anyone who's bigger than 5' 10" but you guys have heart and are aggressive.

But that's cool. I like it because it means I don't have to pretend to be nice and proper like a good Cantonese kid. LOL

bro,
you know most HK people are Cantonese right?
Well, most HK people like soccer in stead of BBall.
Anyway, no wonder you like Yi and Chen, as they are Cantonese too.:)

CHINA TEAM
07-06-2007, 05:03 AM
bro,
Cantonese are chinese~!

广东人也是中国人

taipan
07-06-2007, 05:19 AM
Cantonese are chinese~!

广东人也是中国人

Don't worry, we are all Chinese OK?:)

CHINA TEAM
07-06-2007, 05:31 AM
Don't worry, we are all Chinese OK?:)
Of course,i didn't worry,dude,haha!!!

onono1
07-06-2007, 05:47 AM

Cantonese is chinese too man, ;) your dialect hehehehehe.

BigFatPandaBear
07-06-2007, 10:59 PM
bro,

LOL. I was talking about Cantonese-Americans. The kids here could care less about soccer.

But yeah, a greater interest in Yi and Chen because they are Cantonese.

I actually follow soccer only during international competition (like the Asian Cup coming up this week.) The passion and nationalism of soccer is incredible. The Asian Cup final game in Beijing against the Japos was a great spectacle.

taipan
07-06-2007, 11:28 PM
LOL. I was talking about Cantonese-Americans. The kids here could care less about soccer.

But yeah, a greater interest in Yi and Chen because they are Cantonese.

I actually follow soccer only during international competition (like the Asian Cup coming up this week.) The passion and nationalism of soccer is incredible. The Asian Cup final game in Beijing against the Japos was a great spectacle.

So you are ABC (America Born Cantonese):)
I was studing and working on the West coast (Riverside, Redlands, Pomona, CA). Now back to HK.
So where are you from????

BigFatPandaBear
07-06-2007, 11:43 PM
San Francisco. But family spread on both coasts. LOL

aklanarcher
07-07-2007, 11:39 AM
Jimmy Alapag

jovani_pineda
07-07-2007, 01:45 PM
i think johnny abarrientos. who is that again? the japanese guy "minomiya" from long time ago and from u.a.e a.al-hosni?

lovejones
07-09-2007, 08:06 PM
jimmy, jimmy, jimmy!

bolabasket
07-10-2007, 06:56 AM
Here's Jeff Dosado.... Jimmy Alapag play-alike out of AIC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es3Xpo8WhyQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq6i24wNzbI&mode=related&search=

watiwawa
07-10-2007, 10:29 AM
for his jones cup performance,.

jimmy alapag plays lyk a 6'5 guard....
he's not afraid... he has the good touch.. and etc

jayphcool
07-10-2007, 12:42 PM
Without any hint of pinoy bias,

Active -Jimmy
90s - Johnny A

saints13
07-10-2007, 12:52 PM
after showing consistency in the Jones Cup..
w/o bias of being a Filipino..
I do believe that Jimmy Alapag should be on top of the list if not the best :)

rhk111
07-10-2007, 01:45 PM
Here in the 29th Jones Cup, I haven't seen an PG that played as consistently, & as productively as Jimmy Alapag. So I think Jimmy really is the best PG in this tournament right now.

otneib
07-13-2007, 07:06 AM
Kang Dong Hee and Johnny Abarrientos comes to mind

acidpaul
07-13-2007, 07:27 AM
I'd say its jimmy!
:)

yethyeth
07-13-2007, 04:43 PM
first, i think this question can't be resolved obviously.
maybe you could change your title to "who are the most best ones".

ok, if you can answer me who is the best pg in NBA history then i can give the answer to your question.

BURATIN
07-13-2007, 04:52 PM
first, i think this question can't be resolved obviously.
maybe you could change your title to "who are the most best ones".

ok, if you can answer me who is the best pg in NBA history then i can give the answer to your question.

michael jordan

keru
07-13-2007, 09:01 PM
michael jordan
michae is sg.

my answer is Magic Johnson.

QuickFox
07-14-2007, 06:01 AM
michae is sg.

my answer is Magic Johnson.

lol

you dont get it... buratin is joking. :D

Jordan invented ballhogging... so no way he's a PG

BURATIN
07-14-2007, 04:37 PM
lol

you dont get it... buratin is joking. :D

Jordan invented ballhogging... so no way he's a PG

hehe keru is too serious in answering lol:p :p :p

maybe shaq :p :p :p :D :D :D

thugpinoy
07-14-2007, 07:57 PM
i think johnny abarrientos. who is that again? the japanese guy "minomiya" from long time ago and from u.a.e a.al-hosni?

Makoto " The Ninja " Minamiyama of Japan. ( actually he's Japanese-American )

Mubarak of UAE - better than Al Hosni, slam dunking 5'6 PG.

Johnny " The Flying A " Abarrientos of the Philippines - noted as " the best PG in Asia during the 90's ", could have been the first Asian in the NBA being recruited by the former NBA team Charlotte Hornets during the 90's, but problems regarding his contract on his mother team in the PBA thats why he was replaced by BJ Armstrong in the Charlotte Hornets 1995-96 Roster.
________
AIRSOFT ACCURATE (http://airsoft-shop.info/tag/accurate)

donlyn
07-16-2007, 06:42 AM
jimmy alapag!

bolabasket
07-16-2007, 06:49 AM
Currently it's the Mighty Mouse....
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x287/GearX_2007/jimmyalapag.jpg

meloy
07-17-2007, 09:19 AM

Johnny " The Flying A " Abarrientos of the Philippines - noted as " the best PG in Asia during the 90's ", could have been the first Asian in the NBA being recruited by the former NBA team Charlotte Hornets during the 90's, but problems regarding his contract on his mother team in the PBA thats why he was replaced by BJ Armstrong in the Charlotte Hornets 1995-96 Roster.

LOL hahahaha its not factualy correct. Uytengsu franchise was willing to let go Johnny A to charlotte. The real score is although he ws considered he was not even called for try out... He is good. no question. but not NBA CALIBER. i Mean at that time up to today, their is a surpluse PGs in the US ALONE. PGs who are lot faster, shoots well with higher accuracy, more athletic and not to mention this PGs can DUNK....

at present that PG (asian version) could be JIMMY ALAPAG....

meloy
07-17-2007, 09:21 AM

LOL hahahaha its not factualy correct. Uytengsu franchise was willing to let go Johnny A to charlotte. The real score is although he ws considered he was not even called for try out... He is good. no question. but not NBA CALIBER. i Mean at that time up to today, their is a surpluse PGs in the US ALONE. PGs who are lot faster, shoots well with higher accuracy, more athletic and not to mention this PGs can DUNK....

at present that PG (asian version) could be JIMMY ALAPAG....

viperbravo
07-17-2007, 09:37 AM
Jimmy Alapag
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x154/viperbravo/jimmy.jpg

BELLOBLOCK
07-18-2007, 04:11 AM
good question.. i played against most of these guys mentioned.. alapag and cortez out here in cali.. played against tabuse many times and the chinese pg a few years ago. that chinese dude from the nt is solid.jimmy is athletic and could play some good d,def should be in the top lists..but there is this dude from hk nt, he nice..played against him two years ago in the championship game in hk and he took mvp.name is poon or something,dont know where he is now tho..

so where am i goin with this? i dont know who the best pg is..but id have to say my boy song cun should be mentioned.. played on my team out in la, he playin pro in germany now..kid is only 5'6 but is cold blooded

lamarhen
08-04-2007, 08:19 AM
yo , he s right here in the middle of my signature:cool:

former Sacramento Kings Liu Wei!!..

Alex07
06-22-2008, 07:02 AM
who are your choices?...no time frames it could be from the 1930's etc.

SkyWalker
06-22-2008, 10:21 AM
We're the country in Asia or probably in the world that can produce world class PGs. In my list are mostly Filipinos with the exception of some.

1. Johnny Abarrientos
2. Hector Calma
3. Jimmy Alapag
4. Lee Sang Min
5. Olsen Racela
6. Liu Wei
7. Yuta Tabuse

Without any bias or whatsoever, I still believe that Filipino PGs are the barometer here in Asia.

thadzonline
06-22-2008, 12:26 PM
We're the country in Asia or probably in the world that can produce world class PGs. In my list are mostly Filipinos with the exception of some.

1. Johnny Abarrientos
2. Hector Calma
3. Jimmy Alapag
4. Lee Sang Min
5. Olsen Racela
6. Liu Wei
7. Yuta Tabuse
8. Cheng Wang Lung
9. Bo Bo Shi Qiang

Without any bias or whatsoever, I still believe that Filipino PGs are the barometer here in Asia.

adding Kenichi Sako to this list ;)

sinobball
06-22-2008, 02:53 PM
Cheng Wang Lung = ???

DarknessFalls
06-23-2008, 01:46 AM
If Liu Wei really is considered the Top PG from Asia, damnnn that's embarrassing :(

DarknessFalls
06-23-2008, 01:49 AM

I agree Filipinos are probably top notch when it comes to guards in Asia, however as basketball is becoming more popular I think there will be more elite PGs coming from all-across Asia.

If basketball ever becomes a big time sport in India or Australia, things would become very interesting.

jxuusa
06-23-2008, 05:17 AM
Oh god this thread is back.

Pinoys, take the Interbasket Best Asian PG trophy then, here you go. Does your nation feel any prouder?

donmar
06-23-2008, 06:56 AM
Oh god this thread is back.

Pinoys, take the Interbasket Best Asian PG trophy then, here you go. Does your nation feel any prouder?

Cheers bro... We'll take it with two hands... what a freebies!... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

daniab
06-23-2008, 07:02 AM
I know that everyone is choosing his countrymen.
For me i think theres many:
-Ali Mahmoud ( overall player,from 2 days he make a great game scoring 8pts,14rebs,6assists,4steals against jordan NT)
-Yuta Tabuse ( i have seen him yet but he makes the NBA,not easy for a guard to make the NBA)
-Jimmy Alapag (fast PG)

Rony Fahed,i dont see him the best PG in asia since his point of strength is his shooting ability.

It is worth to mention Walid Doumiati (Lebanon's PG back to 2001) when we get the silver medal,and he was chosen the best PG in asia.Hes really one of the best i think.

SkyWalker
06-23-2008, 04:28 PM
Where is Sun Yue?

Alex07
06-23-2008, 07:40 PM
Johnny Abarrientos 5'7(PHI)-PBA MVP.Mythical team.RP team
IRqKTcG4H1s

Jimmy Alapag 5'9(PHI)-Former PBA rookie of the year.Mythical team.RP Team
4F5nrdEfSoU

Gabe Norwood 6'6(PHI)-NCAA div1 Final Four.PBL Mythical Team.Future PBA first overall pick
9t7nPTRvrlA
http://hoops.gmu.edu/files/0ad51d1266b3ee67dc17882a4492efed.jpg
http://images.usatoday.com/sports/_photos/2006/04/01/in-fla2.jpg

Sun Yue 6'9(CHN)-NBA player(LA LAKERS)
l8NXJ8jW8JE

Liu Wei 6'3(CHN)-Chinese National Team.Asian Games Mythical team.I guess he's China's veteran point guard(correct me if I am wrong my Chinese friends)
http://www.eurobasket.com/photos/Wei_Liu.jpghttp://pics.dahangzhou.com/UploadPic/2006/08/23/20060823153755267854.jpg
http://pics.dahangzhou.com/UploadPic/2006/08/19/20060819165857422477.jpg

Jason Castro 5'8 (PHI)-2 time PBL MVP.Philippine Team player.NBL(Australia)Player(Singapore Slingers)
WknLiog7CuY
http://www.philippinebasketballleague.org/images/castrovshapee.jpg

oldnews
06-24-2008, 05:54 PM
If Liu Wei really is considered the Top PG from Asia, damnnn that's embarrassing :(

Liu Wei's number in 06 World Championship

average 9.2pts 4.6rebs5.4ass in 5 group games

average 4.5 ass(No 4 in all players) 2.25 ass/to in all 6 games.

$$$ABO_-_JOo0J$$$
10-07-2008, 02:23 PM
ali mahmoud and roni fahed are the best in asia
:)

LordOfLeyte
10-08-2008, 01:17 AM
Don't forget Jordan's Abdul Shamal Jamal.

SkyWalker
10-08-2008, 04:02 AM
Don't forget Jordan's Abdul Shamal Jamal.

Do you mean jamal abu shamala, an ncaa div 1 standout form the Universityn of Minnesota Golden Gophers? he's a shooting guard, not a PG.

joesmoove059
10-14-2008, 01:46 PM
I am confident to boast Fil-Am Chris Ross. 6'2 PG out of Marshall University, US NCAA D1.
he's not yet the best, but I think by just looking into his basketball background, we can say "he is something".

joesmoove059
11-08-2008, 11:32 PM
^^ our newest Point guard in the country, Chris Ross, debuted his PBL career with:
21 points
5 assists
4 rebounds
4 steals
----------------------------------:D :D :D :D :D
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/mars/sports/m-baskbl/auto_action/570551.jpeg

alex15
11-09-2008, 03:46 AM
^^ our newest Point guard in the country, Chris Ross, debuted his PBL career with:
21 points
5 assists
4 rebounds
4 steals
----------------------------------:D :D :D :D :D
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/mars/sports/m-baskbl/auto_action/570551.jpeg

Other new Point guards...

Joey Deas..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsWkphQDrZA

Chris Timberlake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxjuBEnkons

Lance Conveto

joesmoove059
11-09-2008, 06:44 AM
Other new Point guards...

Joey Deas..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsWkphQDrZA

Chris Timberlake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxjuBEnkons

Lance Conveto

I didn't see Chris Timberlake yesterday during the opening ceremony. are you sure he's in the PBL?

alex15
11-09-2008, 09:20 AM
I didn't see Chris Timberlake yesterday during the opening ceremony. are you sure he's in the PBL?

I read it in the newspaper a few days ago, Coach Ariel Vanguardia also mentioned his name....

joesmoove059
11-09-2008, 11:44 AM
I read it in the newspaper a few days ago, Coach Ariel Vanguardia also mentioned his name....

he's a D1 player in the US NCAA right? then why is it that he does not have the same impact as Ross in the papers?:confused:

twotimer247
01-03-2009, 04:09 PM

1. Johnny Abarrientos
2. Hector Calma
3. Jimmy Alapag
4. Lee Sang Min
5. Olsen Racela
6. Liu Wei
7. Yuta Tabuse

Yes I agree with this...Filipino PGs are the best in Asia..so many to mention with the likes of Jason Castro, Mike Cortez, Ryan Reyes, Gabe Norwood (used to play PG), Solomon Mercado, etc.

Man! if only there 7 footers to pass the ball to.....:(

Malas1
01-07-2009, 07:18 AM
Sam Daghlas (Jordanian, 6'6, 1979) is considered as one of the best point guards in Middle East

Here is his website... www.samd13.com

daniab
01-07-2009, 08:50 AM
There's many good point Guards in Asia but here's fact about Lebanon:

In the Asian tournament for U18 2004,Imad Saade was the best PG.
In the Asian tournament for U18 2006,Rodrigue Akl was the best PG
And in 2008,Joey Zalaoum was the best PG in NBA summer camp in India.

Also Ali Mahmoud,(182-born 1983) is one of the best PGs in the region and has a good passing ability.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcH_w9QwZKo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT8B296dvdM&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2PrT5fP0lI&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QExm5VSNpdw&feature=related

Charbel Sakr
01-07-2009, 10:57 PM

you mean the basketball without borders camp, cool
source?

LordOfLeyte
01-08-2009, 12:43 AM
Yes I agree with this...Filipino PGs are the best in Asia..so many to mention with the likes of Jason Castro, Mike Cortez, Ryan Reyes, Gabe Norwood (used to play PG), Solomon Mercado, etc.

Man! if only there 7 footers to pass the ball to.....:(

Pardon, but the likes of Jason Castro has potential but has not proven himself in any FIBA-Asia championships.

Mike Cortez? Is he even a candidate for the NT for years to come.

Ryan Reyes is a defensive minded PG but lacks offense to be mentioned among the best

Gabe Norwood? He is utilized as a swing man nowadays and PG is not his strengths.

Solomon Mercado? He's just a rookie in our PBA!

I'm all about national pride but not to the extent of conceit.:)

daniab
01-08-2009, 06:26 AM
you mean the basketball without borders camp, cool
source?

yeh thanks for the correction.

The 2008 BWB Asia All-Star game was a spectacle to behold. It contained not only the best 24 players of the camp, but a half-time show and a rocking crowd. In front of 300 plus fans, the East and West Stars were neck-and-neck, by half-time the West Stars were leading by a 32-29.

Four contestants took to the courts during half-time for the 3-point contest. Park Jung Hoon from Korean beat Yuki Mitsuhara from Japan in the first round by 8-5; while Lim Ming-Hui from Chinese Taipei edged out Ivan Makarchuk from Kyrgyzstan by 7-5. Lim and Park proceeded to the final round but tied it at 6 shots, but Lim proved himself to be the Ray Allen from Chinese Taipei and knocked Park out by one at 7 to 6. Kyle Korver was no threat to Lim’s title as he defeated Kyle 7-3.

It was a blow-out when the West Stars continued to dominate the second half of the game, with Lim Jong Ill leading the team to victory at 74:53 and was crowned MVP of the All-Star Game.

Dong Hanlin from China won the Frequent Flyer Award presented by American Airlines, recording the highest jump amongst all campers. The DHL Playmaker award went to Joseph Zaloum from Lebanon, and Xu Tao from China was given the sportsmanship award by Tata Consultancy Awards. But it was India’s own young talent Vishesh Bhriguvanshi who won the loudest cheer and applause in the gym, becoming a hero when he was named MVP of the Basketball without Borders Asia camp!

DarknessFalls
01-08-2009, 07:40 AM
Logically and literally ;) pointguards from the philippines, south korea and japan are usually good that i could say they could play in usa ncaa 1st division perhaps. But i guess yuta tabuse of japan was outstanding because he caught the eyes of nba scouts and almost become the first asian pointguard to make it in the nba. .

Well then Sun Yue deserves some credit too, since he is on the Lakers.

reamily
01-12-2009, 03:46 AM
There's many good point Guards in Asia but here's fact about Lebanon:

In the Asian tournament for U18 2004,Imad Saade was the best PG.
In the Asian tournament for U18 2006,Rodrigue Akl was the best PG

Also Ali Mahmoud,(182-born 1983) is one of the best PGs in the region and has a good passing ability.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcH_w9QwZKo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT8B296dvdM&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2PrT5fP0lI&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QExm5VSNpdw&feature=related

Ali Mahmoud is really one of the best even though he is a backup for Fahed he is your no. 1 quarterback can rebound can pass can shoot

regierr
01-22-2009, 02:50 PM
Sun Yue - Playing in the NBA automatically makes him the best point guard in Asia. He is also a walking mismatch against the other Asian point guards. He has to be the best one on one player for the Chinese team. But I think he could be much more comfortable playing sg than pg.

Sam Daghlas - I prefer Sam over Sun. I find his skills more suited to play pg and he looks more natural playing point. He makes it easier for Wright to concentrate on his offense.

Jimmy Alapag - The way he played last FIBA-Asia was one of the brightest for our national team. He may be small but he is very athletic.

The other point guards in the PBA haven't played international ball so it is very difficult to gauge their performance.

b3lowzro
01-22-2009, 03:11 PM
Sun Yue - Playing in the NBA automatically makes him the best point guard in Asia. He is also a walking mismatch against the other Asian point guards. He has to be the best one on one player for the Chinese team. But I think he could be much more comfortable playing sg than pg.

Sam Daghlas - I prefer Sam over Sun. I find his skills more suited to play pg and he looks more natural playing point. He makes it easier for Wright to concentrate on his offense.

Jimmy Alapag - The way he played last FIBA-Asia was one of the brightest for our national team. He may be small but he is very athletic.

The other point guards in the PBA haven't played international ball so it is very difficult to gauge their performance.

michael madanly

donmar
01-23-2009, 12:30 AM

Sun Yue?... just because he's in the NBA doesn't mean he's great... Is that mean Erik Spoelstra is a greater coach than Baby Dalupan?... no way!

rtk04
01-26-2009, 08:07 PM
ali mahmoud from lebanon is one of the best

Cachi87
03-04-2009, 08:06 PM
Liu wei for me!!

k3v1nski
03-05-2009, 03:07 PM
JayJay Helterbrand!....

his killer crossover move & career ending ankle breaker will definitely do the job!...

watch him out this 2009 FIBA Asia Tourney....

donmar
03-06-2009, 01:24 AM
JayJay Helterbrand!....

his killer crossover move & career ending ankle breaker will definitely do the job!...

watch him out this 2009 FIBA Asia Tourney....

Well considering he did not perform well in 2007... I expect he will show the critics that they're wrong....

But I prefer Dillinger and Norwood over him... even Jason Castro and Jimmy Alapag...

kerouac82
03-06-2009, 01:37 AM
Well considering he did not perform well in 2007... I expect he will show the critics that they're wrong....

But I prefer Dillinger and Norwood over him... even Jason Castro and Jimmy Alapag...

Norwood needs to be consistent with his 3's. Ditto with Dillinger who is more of a combo guard than a pure pass-first PG. Castro could be a good PG, but one Finals series does not define one's career.

If you want a good Pinoy PG, Alapag's the man. He's the glue guy, he's money from outside.

donmar
03-06-2009, 02:17 AM
Norwood needs to be consistent with his 3's. Ditto with Dillinger who is more of a combo guard than a pure pass-first PG. Castro could be a good PG, but one Finals series does not define one's career.

If you want a good Pinoy PG, Alapag's the man. He's the glue guy, he's money from outside.

Castro's experience with the RP Team, Harbour and Slingers are good enough for him to be in the RP squad... the PBA finals doesn't count at all... thats why I prefer him than Jayjay... but ever since joining the PBA and playing behind one of the league's premeir PG (Jimmy) he pretty much lost his place in the RP Team...

Also, Norwood on the other hand doesn't have to shoot threes... but I agree, we need Jimmy Alapag... we'll see if Yeng made a mistake after this year's FIBA Asia...

k3v1nski
03-06-2009, 08:51 AM
maybe you are all right.....(jason, jimmy, norwood, jared, etc, etc....)

but who is the main PG for this years' PILIPINAS-NT?

answer: JAYJAY HELTERBRAND

and who will win this years' FIBA-ASIA?

answer: TEAM PILIPINAS...

so who is the best PG in ASIA?

answer: JJ Helterbrand...

got it?

donmar
03-06-2009, 11:38 AM

got it?

Bro relax with your pride... the way you're posting can spark racial slurs and degradation of Filipinos in this forum... and most of the Filipino forumers here does not want to be caught in a middle of war of words and pride... no showing off please...

RetiredJordanStopper
03-06-2009, 02:15 PM

got it?

this is the reason why many older posters stopped being in this forum. arrogance and ignorance from people who knew less but kept posting as if they're talking the absolute truth.

and dont give BS reasons like this is a forum where everybody is entitled to his own opinion. the poster is passing his entries off as facts, not as opinions.

k3v1nski
03-06-2009, 02:41 PM
im just expressing my opinion & keeping boost to my team...

i dont see problems to that.

do i need to ask anybodys approval to post my opinion?

k3v1nski
03-06-2009, 02:45 PM
this is the reason why many older posters stopped being in this forum. arrogance and ignorance from people who knew less but kept posting as if they're talking the absolute truth.

and dont give BS reasons like this is a forum where everybody is entitled to his own opinion. the poster is passing his entries off as facts, not as opinions.

you are right....in a sense... but..

this is also the reason why other nations keep on shoving us around because they dont have the guts to express & say their opinion and they do nothing about it... pity those persons....

RetiredJordanStopper
03-06-2009, 02:56 PM

this is also the reason why other nations keep on shoving us around because they dont have the guts to express & say their opinion and they do nothing about it... pity those persons....

do you wonder why many filipino posters reacted negatively at your posts? because it was you who do the shoving..shoving your version of the truth to other people's faces.

there is a line about being confident and being arrogant. you are definitely crossing it, hence, the postbacks, not just from me, but from a number of sensible posters as i've observed

kerouac82
03-06-2009, 08:00 PM

People from other nations keep shoving us around because we don't have any good results to show despite the hype coming from people like you. Got it?

k3v1nski
03-07-2009, 05:45 AM
got your point fellow posters here........

now back to the topic:

JJ Heterbrand is the best PG in asia for me!...

donmar
03-07-2009, 10:46 PM
got your point fellow posters here........

now back to the topic:

JJ Heterbrand is the best PG in asia for me!...

No.. hes sucks... he's good in the PBA but he's sucks when it comes to international basketball...

He's overrated and he was a JOKE in 2007 FIBA Asia Championship... :D:D

Charbel Sakr
03-07-2009, 11:11 PM
Ali Mahmoud