The Future of the RP Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Future of the RP Basketball

Now that the FIBA Suspension was lifted and the Philippines basketball body was replaced with a newly formed SBP what lies ahead for the Philippine Basketball?

Well, the "biggies" are working hard, got some deep funds and the passion for the development of the basketball here in the RP...

I say promising.

Comment

I guess you are right... basketball's future is a lot promising than before... I guess the only right thing we've got from that suspension. The possitive effect to the people concerned.

The program we have today is only focus on out national team since they're handled by professionals and funded by BIG corporations from PBA. Same program should also be extended to our youth. If we truly are serios with our goal to be the number 1 in Asia, we should start investing for our younger cagers. THe grassroot programs is yet to be seen, but it's good to hear some good ideas from the newly formed body on some plans to take the program nation-wide. THis is a positive one coming from the people from basketball world.

Until we see those development, the RP basketball's future still in wreckage as this was totally devastated by the previous body handling the basketball in the country.

The suspension was a blessing in disguise. Some good things came into existence since that suspension was lifted. IT could mean a lot to basketfall fanatics. I just hope that it will not end in Beijing olympics. Whether we make it or not to the Olympics, basketball program should be continued. Effects of good basketball program will not come overnight, so does medals and winnings... We should be patient while we are rebuilding our basketball status in Asia. Slowly but surely, all things will fall into its right places. With the right people now in place, we should be getting positive results for our basketball program.

Comment

A good trait of Filipinos is that we can easily allow and accept change for the better. We are not afraid by it. But... there is a big BUT here...

Filipinos expect that CHANGE for the better, to effect, materialize and produce uncanny results overnight which should not be the case.

Here we are, just got out of the suspension, started from scratch got some players together who practiced for a few weeks and we excpect them to rule the world!

Heart aches... Tsk tsk tsk...

Comment

hehehe... you are right... our kabayans are expecting too much from our players... to expect is okay but to ask for a win every game is too much for a team that is just formed.

I have high regards for our team, win or lose I am supporting them and never saying any negative remarks but humbly accepts the defeat. Honestly, I am counting on them to make it to the Olympics... Our officials wouldn't be that brave enough fi it is not doable. Technically it's possible. As to the human resources issue it is still possible. They will not invest millions of pesos or a million and a half dollars for a goal that is not attainable.

That is why it's called goal. You are set to achieve something in particular.

The difference between goal and dream is that goal is attainable. You have a time table, a sort of a plan, some back up plans and continuity. While dream is just a part of a thought having no connection of reality except for that thing to become a reality without having the needs or the urge to do the neccessary to achieve such dream. Otheriwse it will not be a dream anymore...hehehe

Our players were not natural-born supermen or sorts of superheroes. They are ordinary human beings transformed into heroes of our times. Transformed heroes because of the task assigned to them, for the RP Team to play in the next Olympic game. A kinda hard of a job but a doable one. I am confident to say that they can make it.

Comment

Technically and Financially, we can make it to the Big-O. Practically, Hmm...

Comment

Two Years After...

Two years after i posted this thread, I wonder what development has taken place in Philippines' national sports.

Are we in the verge of ending our dreams in Tianjin?

Comment

i dunno . maybe we should stop dreaming and just enjoy the game tom
                ANIMO !!

Comment

Originally posted by vladski View Post
                  Two years after i posted this thread, I wonder what development has taken place in Philippines' national sports.

Are we in the verge of ending our dreams in Tianjin?
                  Nah, Dreams are free that's the best thing about them. We are a passionate bunch especially with Basketball, so I guess no matter how small we are, we'll still love the sport.

Besides SBP has given us new hope, a road map to respectability. So we'll see.
                  ~All men are born with a nose and ten fingers, but no one was born with a knowledge of God~

-Voltaire

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information