PDA

View Full Version : New system at the ULEB-CUP?

Roy M
06-16-2007, 01:22 PM
According to some portals in Israel, base on news from the ULEB, it will be a new system in the upcoming season.

6 Groups of 8 teams each, while only 2 teams from each group will quallify to the next round.
To those 12 teams will joing 4 team from the EL, that not quallify to the "Top16" with the best record.

It means that it is going to be tugh to qullify from the premier round and Bonus to the EL teams.

Buducnost PG
06-16-2007, 02:39 PM
According to some portals in Israel, base on news from the ULEB, it will be a new system in the upcoming season.

6 Groups of 8 teams each, while only 2 teams from each group will quallify to the next round.
To those 12 teams will joing 4 team from the EL, that not quallify to the "Top16" with the best record.

It means that it is going to be tugh to qullify from the premier round and Bonus to the EL teams.

How they want to do it with 48 teams, when FIBA is against it? 48 teams in the Uleb Cup? They are definetly going crazy in ULEB. Without a YES from the FIBA they can forget about expanding the ULEB Cup to 48 teams.

LuDux
06-16-2007, 02:41 PM
How they want to do it with 48 teams, when FIBA is against it? 48 teams in the Uleb Cup? They are definetly going crazy in ULEB. Without a YES from the FIBA they can forget about expanding the ULEB Cup to 48 teams.

Where have you been? ULEB Assembley (representitives of national leagues) decided that agreement with FIBA-E is not worth following

Buducnost PG
06-16-2007, 02:48 PM
Where have you been? ULEB Assembley (representitives of national leagues) decided that agreement with FIBA-E is not worth following

I know. But it will not be that easy as they are thinking in ULEB. If that happen then FIBA can close the club competitions and only focus and the national teams. And there is a contract between FIBA and ULEB, that 48 teams play in FIBA and 48 teams in ULEB competition.

MikeMaccabiFan
06-16-2007, 03:19 PM
I know. But it will not be that easy as they are thinking in ULEB. If that happen then FIBA can close the club competitions and only focus and the national teams. And there is a contract between FIBA and ULEB, that 48 teams play in FIBA and 48 teams in ULEB competition.
FIBA actually sounded very militant on press-conference about two weeks ago (and had a placate on the wall saying "We are basketball" (reminds me Toys R Us...:D )), but no new since than...

rikhardur
06-16-2007, 03:25 PM
This thing could in an extreme scenario end in court and I doubt ULEB would win.