PDA

View Full Version : Signings and rumours in Slovenia - 2007/2008

elaj
06-11-2007, 04:17 PM
Here it goes...

Zlatorog Laško signed Damjan Novaković ex-Alpos Šentjur as their coach.

Helios Domžale is negotiating with Zoran Martič (ex- Zlatorog Laško) for coaching position. According to my informations they have already agreed terms.

Mehmed Bečirovič (ex- Helios Domžale) is negotiating with Union Olimpija for coaching position.

Joško Poljak Fan
06-12-2007, 11:53 AM
Zlatorog will reportedly leave Vrečko, Williams, Ingram, Okoljić and Stojaković let go. So they're practically keeping Maček, Mali and Nuhanović.

I've heard some stuff about them being after Krušič, Lee slipped through their hands as he already signed for Frankfurt.

I thought they'd try to keep the most of their team for attacking the adriatic league next season, but looks like they'll be creating a new team all over again...

Martič now signed with Helios... hmm...

Limitless
06-12-2007, 12:36 PM
I've heard some stuff about them being after Krušič, Lee slipped through their hands as he already signed for Frankfurt.

Just to get this straight... you're talking about Dwayne Lee, who joined Olimpija somewhen this spring from Nueremberg, right? So Frankfurt gets another G from the slovenian league after signing Jimmie Hunt from Kemoplast...

Joško Poljak Fan
06-12-2007, 01:12 PM
My bad, ...it's Jimmy Lee Hunt and Dwayne Lee... so I confused the players, was talking about Hunt.
Dwayne Lee is free agent as well though.

DZK
06-14-2007, 11:07 AM
Lasko is making some nice transfer moves.

First they got great option in Novakovic as he will further develope...Martic was somehow more experienced but with less upside (he still has potential but limited)...Lasko is building new young team for next few years and Novakovic is just perfect piece in this puzzle.

Probably we wil also see Kostomaj back in Lasko?...and Krusic is pretty evident option for Nuhanovic's backup as Novakovic introduced him to 1.A SKL in Kemoplast.

With Macek and probably Kostomaj at PG Novakovic has 2players that he developed in last two seasons.

And with Nuhanovic and Krusic he would have great C players for 1A SKL...they would probably be able to play also NLB League...especially Nuhanovic...also the rest of frontcourt has some nice potential...Alispahic and Smajlovic...still if Ingram leaves, one experienced player at PF will be needed.

At SF and SG there is still work to do...Mali is pretty good option but he is very injury prone...Vrecko might leave...Williams almost for sure will leave...so Novakovic needs some new players at this postions...probably foreign players like Hunt was in Kemoplast.

I am impressed with management of Lasko...nice moves for next season...last year they forced some transfers and team looked at times without head and tail...now they are making nice strategic moves...hats down.

elaj
06-17-2007, 09:04 PM
Elektra Esotech agreed terms with Croatian coach Ivan Stanišak ex Vajda for one season and is negotiating with U-20 NT member Tadej Koštomaj ex Alpos Šentjur.

Olimpija named Mehmet Bečirovič as their headcoach and Gašper Potočnik and Bojan Lažič as his assistents.

Joško Poljak Fan
06-18-2007, 11:05 AM
Prostimet.com reports Udrih is supposed to leave San Antonio in the summer, leaving to Cleveland. They refered to New York post, rumours like this one should get frequent and unreliable in the future, but I really hope he'll change the club. He isn't as bad of a player as some treat him...

boki
06-18-2007, 02:14 PM
Udrih should come back in Europe right now. He had lost all his reputation after his good rookie season. He won't get respect back in NBA, that's for sure. He is a scrub in everybody's eyes in NBA now and that's really tough to change.

elaj
06-19-2007, 02:41 PM
Smiljan Pavič signed with Turkish BANDIRMA Banvit. :rolleyes:

Joško Poljak Fan
06-19-2007, 03:56 PM
Smiljan Pavič signed with Turkish BANDIRMA Banvit. :rolleyes:
too bad for Helios, they'll have troubles finding an adequate replacement (Rizvič? :D)... especially with their mentality, they won't go gamble with an US PF/C eventhough I do believe they should in this case.

elaj
06-20-2007, 07:53 AM
Helios Domžale signed Jernej Mihalič (205cm, 1985).

Proph·et
06-20-2007, 11:55 AM
Helios is also near finishing a deal with David Moro (199cm, 1986).

elaj
06-21-2007, 08:22 AM
Zagorje signed Igor Spešič (204-F/C-83) and Dušan Adamovič (194-G-82).

Helios Domžale added U-18 NT member Igor Tratnik (204-C-89).

elaj
06-22-2007, 11:15 AM
Helios is also near finishing a deal with David Moro (199cm, 1986).
David Moro signed with Helios Domžale for 3 seasons.

Roy M
06-22-2007, 11:29 AM
David Moro signed with Helios Domžale for 3 seasons.

Have Helios any chance to replace Ljubliana in thr EL, if they'll quit?

elaj
06-22-2007, 11:35 AM
Have Helios any chance to replace Ljubliana in thr EL, if they'll quit?
Nope, and once again, they won't quit. :rolleyes:

Joško Poljak Fan
06-27-2007, 11:52 AM
according to eurobasket.com, Mercator became the new sponsor of Škofja Loka.

Probably not to expect some mile high budget, but considering the reputation of Mercator and that Loka was having financial troubles ever since I've heard for them it might mean club would stabilize.
With all that lack of financial discipline in our first league, it would be nice to gain one more club which improves the average.

Olimpija signed Mirza Begič, Samo Grum and Milan Goljovič signed with Fuerstenfeld. I especially expected Grum to be targeted by some of ours 1.A clubs.

elaj
06-29-2007, 10:00 AM
TCG Mercator Loka inked Mensud Julevic (200-F/C-85) ex Triglav and Leko Nicaj (212-C-87) ex Parklji Bezigrad and re-signed Primoz Skok (192-G-84), Gregor Jankovic (192-G-77), Sasa Ljubenovic (205-F-82), Jure Erzen (203-F/C-75) and Simon Finzgar (186-G/F-80).

Joško Poljak Fan
06-29-2007, 09:39 PM
Aljaž Janža and Jure Močnik re-signed with Helios. Janža for one more year and Močnik for 2 more years.

C: Lashkevich
PF: Žerak, Zalokar
SF: Mihelič, Moro, Ambrož, Bajramlič
SG: Troha, Krejič, Janža
PG: Močnik, Zagorc

I like the fact they're keeping most of the team (only Dončič and Pavič left), eventhough unless they find a replacement for Pavič on C/PF than they clearly won't be on the same level as this year. Helios has loads of young but unexperienced SF's, it'll be inteesting to see which one out of those 4 I listed will make it...

elaj
06-30-2007, 09:41 AM
As far as I know Krejič also needs to resign the contract because it has expired at the end of the season.

Rogla agreed terms with former NT member Milos Sporar (187-G-76) ex Kager Gdynia.
Krka inked U18 NT member Ziga Koritnik (197-F-89) ex Hrastnik (B1).
Hrastnik (B1) signed their former members Marko Markovic (197-G/F-85) ex Telekom Bonn and Jernej Tilinger (203-F-80) ex Rogla. Joze Zitnik (195-G-71) of Hrastnik retired.

I heard Koritnik is quite talented.

elaj
07-04-2007, 11:45 AM
Koper got new sponsor and will change their name to Luka Koper.
Helios inked Nikola Radojicic ex Spiska Nova Ves for 1+1 season.

Elektra Esotech re-signed former NT member Ales Kunc for another one season.

Krka announced that Igor Jokic, Bojan Jovanovic and Matas Niparavicius are free agents.

Joško Poljak Fan
07-04-2007, 04:33 PM
Koper got new sponsor and will change their name to Luka Koper.
Nachbar family didn't retrieve from the club, while Istrabenz and Banka Koper might also become one of the sponsors. If all that becomes true, I guess Koper might become one of the richest 1.A clubs (not that that means much :D )

elaj
07-05-2007, 09:02 AM
Slovan signed Ljubo Samadan (208cm, 1983).

Gašper Okorn agreed with Krka for 1+1.

Joško Poljak Fan
07-06-2007, 10:04 PM
Helios is close to Krušič.

I wish all the luck to Okorn next year in Krka, since I do hope Novo Mesto will again get a respectable basketball club... for the sake of our basketball.

elaj
07-10-2007, 08:00 PM
Okorn just broke the contract with Krka, because he got an offer from ULEB Cup team. The name of the team is still unknown. He also had to refuse the job as assistent coach of senior NT because this ULEB Cup team asked him to do so.

Joško Poljak Fan
07-10-2007, 08:26 PM
Okorn just broke the contract with Krka, because he got an offer from ULEB Cup team. The name of the team is still unknown. He also had to refuse the job as assistent coach of senior NT because this ULEB Cup team asked him to do so.
now it's just guessing on which team may this be. I don't think he got himself enough of respect in euro-bball to get called by some bigger team, so I'd say the team is within mediocrity- I'd bet he signed with one of the newcomers... and after few expectable defeats he might return to Slovenia fast.
For his good I hope I'm wrong.

elaj
07-11-2007, 10:05 AM
There are rumours that Gašper Okorn could sign the contract with Latvian team Ventspils. Krka's management said that they will sue Okorn.

elaj
07-12-2007, 01:23 PM
Slovan added Stipe Modrič for one year and Dražen Bubnić (207cm, 1986, SF) for three years.

Joško Poljak Fan
07-12-2007, 02:11 PM
Slovan added Stipe Modrič for one year and Dražen Bubnić (207cm, 1986, SF) for three years.
Never heard of Bubnić, but Modrič is a great signing, Čigoja and Vidmar could use an experienced guy along them to progress faster.

Krka's management said that they will sue Okorn.
If he doesn't pay some sort of compensation that's normal, if he does pay than that doesn't make any sense whatsoever...
Imho Krka fans should sue the managers of basketball team instead, because of the things in the past.

LuDux
07-12-2007, 03:40 PM
There are rumours that Gašper Okorn could sign the contract with Latvian team Ventspils. Krka's management said that they will sue Okorn.

These rumours are true
http://www.bkventspils.lv/news/hot_news/article.php?id=290401

boki
07-13-2007, 12:40 PM
I think we can forget about Uros Slokar playing for Olimpija next season. Akasvayu Girona is chasing him also...

source (top right corner): http://www.vilaweb.cat/media/imatges/elpunt/portades/egir.jpg

Joško Poljak Fan
07-14-2007, 04:13 PM
I think it's about time for him to start thinking about some playing time for a change.

elaj
07-17-2007, 05:48 PM
According to prostimet.com Snaidero is interested in signing Jan Močnik (175cm, 1987). I think this wouldn't be a wise move by him, I think he should stay here in Slovenia and play in some Zlatorog or Slovan for season or two. Step by step...

Helios Domžale announced the signing of Matej Krušič (210cm, 1987) for three seasons.

elaj
07-19-2007, 08:53 PM
Rade Mijanovič is new coach of Krka.

Gašper Vidmar followed Preldžić and signed with Fenerbahce for four seasons. :(

boki
07-19-2007, 10:04 PM
I guess Becirovic's suggestion to youg players in today's Ekipa didn't have any affect. Let's hope that at least Klobucar will come to Olimpija or just stay in Slovan.

Joško Poljak Fan
07-19-2007, 10:28 PM
I hope at least buyout was on the level.
I think Helios will be able to maintain their quality next season, Olimpija is questionable as always last few years, but slovenian basketball can't afford Slovan getting only 3 victories next season. And with departure of Preldžič and Vidmar they're close to that...
Only 2 spots in adriatic league is the last thing our bball needs...

Players refuse to play for senior NT and even if they do, not everyone in the same year, results are... mediocre considering the talent to say the least.
Young player which are supposedly the brightest thing in our bball at this moment, are leaving abroad too soon...
Bball centers as Maribor and Novo Mesto are nowhere to be seen
Experienced coaches are leaving abroad
All we need now is Olimpija collapsing and than we'll be on a good way to bball level of Norway within few years.:rolleyes: ...and than we can all switch to handball- gosh, that's exciting...:cool:

elaj
07-22-2007, 12:40 PM
Nemanja Jelesijević signed with Zlatorog Laško.

Anwil Wloclawek and Zlatorog Laško are interested in Sandi Čebular. Rumours say he is closer to sign with Anwil Wloclawek.

PHILIPeurobasket
07-22-2007, 07:41 PM
Anwil Wloclawek and Zlatorog Laško are interested in Sandi Čebular. Rumours say he is closer to sign with Anwil Wloclawek.

Cebular will sign contract with Anwil in upcoming 48-hours

boki
07-23-2007, 01:46 PM
Gasper Vidmar at medical test in Istanbul:

http://www.fenerbahce.org/detay.asp?ContentID=8142

Man, look at his body. He's a terminator. I'm jealous :D

elaj
07-24-2007, 07:38 PM
Geoplin Slovan extended Ernest Novak's contract for another season.

Joško Poljak Fan
07-26-2007, 12:38 PM
Alpos signed a new coach, Matjaž Čujež, PG Primož Kobale, PF Srboljub Nedeljkovič while they are supposedly in talks with Ervin Dragšič as well... not bad

TCG Mercator signed one of the best prospects Dino Murič from Bežigrad

Buducnost PG
07-26-2007, 12:47 PM
Alpos signed a new coach, Matjaž Čujež, PG Primož Kobale, PF Srboljub Nedeljkovič while they are supposedly in talks with Ervin Dragšič as well... not bad

TCG Mercator signed one of the best prospects Dino Murič from Bežigrad

Is this the brohter of Edo Muric? Players with bosnian roots.:D I remebmer Dino Muric from the U16 EC last year. He was by far the best player of Slovenia and played realy well.

boki
07-26-2007, 03:35 PM
Nice to see Muric taking step by step moves. I expect to see him in Slovan or Helios after couple of years.

Buducnost PG
07-26-2007, 04:08 PM
Nice to see Muric taking step by step moves. I expect to see him in Slovan or Helios after couple of years.

He is 17 or will turn 17 this year. So it is possible that we will see him at Slovan, Helios or Olimpija in 2-3 years.

elaj
07-26-2007, 04:21 PM
He is 17 or will turn 17 this year. So it is possible that we will see him at Slovan, Helios or Olimpija in 2-3 years.
He still has long way to go. ;)

Slovan signed Marko Jovanović (212cm, 1982, C).

elaj
08-02-2007, 11:14 AM
Krka added fromer Croatian NT member Davor Marcelić for two seasons.

In my opinion this is a great signing for Krka. Marcelić is still in great shape for his age and for sure will help Krka youngsters with experience.

Koper inked their former member Vladimir Panic (194-F-82) ex MENT Vassilakis and agreed terms with Miha Cmer (182-G-77) ex Elektra Esotech. Koper is also negotiating with Blaz Rucigaj (199-F-79) ex Elektra Esotech.

elaj
08-08-2007, 05:16 PM
According to Eurobasket.com Helios Domžale inked Jack Ingram ex Zlatorog.
Elektra Esotech inked Mihajlo Bogešić for two season and they are close to sign Žan Vrečko.

Helios Domžale team:

PG: Močnik, Zagorc, Radojičić
SG: Troha, Janža
SF: Moro, Mihalič
PF: Ingram, Lashkevich, Zalokar
C: Krušič, Žerak

+ few very talented youngsters as Juvan, Tratnik and Korošec.

Headcoach: Zoran Martič

They might be a bit inexperienced on C and SF, but Krušič is in my opinion huge potential and Igram can also play on C. SF is the most tricky position, both Moro and Mihalič can surprise, but it can also backfire in my opinion.

Joško Poljak Fan
08-09-2007, 12:24 PM
I wouldn't really call Juvan talented. with his body built I don't think he stands much chances in the senior cathegories.

Haven't yet seen much of Ingram, but reportedly he is having some major back problems. A well connected person claims he was already abroad with signed contracts, but those teams got scared after the medical tests. So if he stays healthy he might turn out as a great signing, or on the other hand a common excuse for Helios losses not playing a single game at his max.

They've got Lashkevich for that, but I expected some sort of a Anagonye type banger in Domžale.

overall, not a bad team, a lot of their succes will depend on Ingrams health, along with Krušič, Moro and Mihelič adopting to the level, indeed Helios finally put up a young and talented team- which was always on their mouth, but ussually didn't live up to the reality to such extention, so I do think this team has a good upside that should become obvious at the end of the next season.
Coach Martič is a questionmark though.

Slovan got themselves some nice money from the buyouts, Koper and Loka got themselves sponsors with good reputation, Laško and Helios will be stable as always, if only Olimpija would get back on track this could be the strongest league we've had in the past few years. :cool:

elaj
08-09-2007, 01:22 PM
I wouldn't really call Juvan talented. with his body built I don't think he stands much chances in the senior cathegories.Juvan's chances are on PF/SF, same goes for Tratnik - he is very similar player to Juvan. As for Korošec, I was shocked he wasn't in U18 squad and also it surprised me how little Tratnik is playing there. Juvan wasn't there because of an injury.

Elektra Esotech signed Žan Vrečko and resigned Mitja Goršek.

Joško Poljak Fan
08-11-2007, 08:29 AM
prostimet.com reports Krka signed last years Olimpija's Marko Rakočević.
imho a very good signing for them. I am actually getting more and more surprised by some signings of the teams...

boki
08-15-2007, 08:42 PM
Hasan Rizvic will sign for Slask Wroclaw tommorow.

PHILIPeurobasket
08-16-2007, 02:17 AM
Hasan Rizvic will sign for Slask Wroclaw tommorow.

Thanks for info - goos signning .... and maybe do you have source :confused:

boki
08-16-2007, 10:24 AM
Thanks for info - goos signning .... and maybe do you have source :confused:

http://www.prostimet.com/default.asp?rb=3&id=10330

Ales Pipan allowed Rizvic to leave NT camp to go to Poland and sign a contract today.

Did you Philip put this news on e-basket.pl?
http://www.e-basket.pl/News__Rizvic_blisko_ASCO_Slaska__40980
There is a mistake, Rizvic is not 26 y/o, he is 1984 born.

PHILIPeurobasket
08-16-2007, 05:43 PM
http://www.prostimet.com/default.asp?rb=3&id=10330

Ales Pipan allowed Rizvic to leave NT camp to go to Poland and sign a contract today.

Did you Philip put this news on e-basket.pl?
http://www.e-basket.pl/News__Rizvic_blisko_ASCO_Slaska__40980
There is a mistake, Rizvic is not 26 y/o, he is 1984 born.

Thanks man :)

zwbgr
08-17-2007, 10:05 PM
Balažič back in Krka. He signed 1+1 contract

http://www.prostimet.com/default.asp?rb=3&id=10339

Joško Poljak Fan
08-17-2007, 11:50 PM
Balažič back in Krka. He signed 1+1 contract

http://www.prostimet.com/default.asp?rb=3&id=10339
I hope Krka can back those signings up with their budget.

overall a great signing for them. Balažic has been "the child of Krka", saw few games 2 years ago when he was playing for them and I liked him a lot with his effort and hustleing.
Rakočević-Balažic-Marcelić are all great signings, maybee few more should follow (resigning Jokič for example), while I'd expect that young wave that got the chance last season only to become better in this one.

I think Krka is one more team in 1.A that should increase their last year's level, which is good of course, since for the sake of slovenian basketball, 1.A league needs a strong team in Novo Mesto.

Joško Poljak Fan
08-25-2007, 08:35 AM
Helios' Ambrož and Bajramlić are loaned to Zagorje

Zlatorog signed bosnian NT member Ante Mašić (200cm-85-sg/sf) from Zrinjski for 3 seasons.

elaj
08-26-2007, 03:50 PM
Zlatorog signed US Zach Malvik (188-G-85) ex Winona State (NCAA2) for the upcoming season. Last season was named to the First Team of NCAA 2 and led Winona State into the Finals. He averaged 16.8 points and 4.7 assists in 36 games. Zlatorog also signed Bosnian NT member Ante Mašić (200-G/F-85) ex Zrinjski Mostar for three seasons.

I don't know them both, but to be honest I expected better signings by Zlatorog. I read somewhere that they have more money available for signings than past season so I don't know why they sign players like Jelesijević and NCAA2 player like Malvik. Anyway, I hope I'm not wrong and their season will be better than previous one. :rolleyes:

Joško Poljak Fan
08-26-2007, 04:15 PM
we'll see...
being named into NCAA2 1st lineup isn't that bad. The Jelesijević I remember was usefull as well...
More money for signings alltogether with competing in FibaCup must mean they increased they budget by quite a bit compared to last year.

elaj
09-04-2007, 03:18 PM
we'll see...
being named into NCAA2 1st lineup isn't that bad. The Jelesijević I remember was usefull as well...
More money for signings alltogether with competing in FibaCup must mean they increased they budget by quite a bit compared to last year.
Zach Malvik already left Zlatorog.

Joško Poljak Fan
09-05-2007, 11:42 AM
Zach Malvik already left Zlatorog.
I've seen that, reportedly he prefers playing in the US.

Krka signed TJ Sorrentine as their last reinforcement.

C: Rakočević, Soldo
PF: Jokič, Sebič
SF: Balažic, Marcelić, Župevec
SG: Mihailović, Žvan
PG: Sorrentine, Krivec
+ one of the youngsters.

I must say this roster looks much more impressive than what Krka had in the past 2-3 seasons. 6-7 good players for 1.A level, with youngsters following up...

Koper inked Marko Janjusevic (214-C-85) ex Jedinstvo Bijelo Polje and Dusan Virijevic (206-C-86, agency: CAA Sports). Zagorje signed Savo Milovic (192-G-86) ex Lions Monchengladbach. Rogla is testing Dino Erceg (204-F-85) ex Maksimir.

elaj
09-11-2007, 03:34 PM
Nejc Strnad signed with Zlatorog. They are also negotiating with Lance Harris and Sandi Čebular.

elaj
09-15-2007, 04:38 PM
Ricky Clemons is being tested by Slovan.

rikhardur
09-15-2007, 07:29 PM
Krka signed TJ Sorrentine as their last reinforcement.
Nice addition to Krka. He played in Porto last season as a replacement and had good displays. Eight games in the regular season and 10.8 ppg, 5.4 apg, 1.9 spg and 1.9 rpg. In the play-offs his stats lowered a bit. An all-around PG I'd say.

woma
09-15-2007, 11:44 PM
Ricky Clemons is being tested by Slovan.
Crazy shooter in PG body, had some huge games in polish league, but it still doesn't change opinion about him - he sucks :).
Is he being brought for PG or SG spot?

elaj
09-16-2007, 07:32 AM
Crazy shooter in PG body, had some huge games in polish league, but it still doesn't change opinion about him - he sucks :).
Is he being brought for PG or SG spot?
He is being brought for PG and he signed already.

woma
09-17-2007, 09:13 PM
He is being brought for PG and he signed already.
God save Slovan then :). Sorrentine IMHO is much better pick as PG...

Joško Poljak Fan
09-18-2007, 12:54 PM
well, nothing good to hear that... Slovan collected some nice bucks from selling Vidmar and Preldžič abroad, but their roster seems far from impressive and reportedly Clemons was the last guy they were about to sign. They've been more or less lucky with the americans they've got untill now though (Taylor, Dean Oliver... exception with that PF guy last year) so I hope Woma (although unlikely) will be wrong on this one ;)

Not that I would really expect some impressive signings by them, but right now they might again be the candidates for last places in NLB league and that might just as well mean Slovenia would loose one spot for the 08/09 season, while Laško and Krka are trying to get back in NLB there chances might get really low if Slovan performs as they did last year.

Slovan's frontcourt Bubnić, Šamadan or Jovanović is a questionmark for me, nice signing in Modrič, while they again have some nice young talents in Nikolić, Klobučar, Bilič, Čigoja, Mlakar, Zoran Dragič and that czech guy Vesely seems to be playing quite some minutes in preparation games as well. Hope some of them will burst out in order for Slovan to avoid the bottom last place.

Too bad Slovan lacks some better funding, since they could be the "slovenian Železnik" if they'd manage to keep their players for maybee one aditional season. Zupan, Dragič, Vidmar, Preldžič, Begič leaving the club in two years period is damaging them from the result point of view...

Zlatorog signed Lance Harris (196cm-SG/SF-23y.o.) from Kansas State, their official site also claims they've completed their roster with him. No room for Čebular than...

elaj
09-18-2007, 07:34 PM
Zlatorog signed Lance Harris (196cm-SG/SF-23y.o.) from Kansas State, their official site also claims they've completed their roster with him. No room for Čebular than...
Zlatorog Laško 2007/2008:

PG: Andrej Maček, Nejc Strnad
SG: Lance Harris, Tadej Horvat
SF: Ante Mešić, Grega Mali
PF: Salih Nuhanović, Edin Alispahić
C: Nemanja Jelesijević, Semir Smajlović, Luka Dimec

They are thin on PG, another PG is a must in my opinion, Strnad is far from being a true PG, more of a SG trapped in PG body.

KK Krka 2007/2008:

PG: T.J, Sorrentine, Bojan Krivec, Rene Žvan
SG: Vladimir Mihailović, Maj Kovačevič
SF: Davor Marcelić, Jure Balažič
PF: Stanko Sebič, Matej Župevec, Anže Cerkovnik
C: Marko Rakočević, Vjeran Soldo

To be honest I think Krka's roster looks stronger to me than Zlatorog's. With Balažič playing also on PF in Slovenian league and Marcelić SG, all positions are quite nicely covered.

Matiz, I also heard from some guy that Olimpija loaned young Serb Dejan Radojević (210cm, 1989, C) to Slovan for a season.

Joško Poljak Fan
09-18-2007, 08:46 PM
Matiz I also heard from some guy that Olimpija loaned young Serb Dejan Radojević (210cm, 1989, C) to Slovan for a season.
I heard the same about Tomič getting loaned there, but he'll be playing in Hrastnik (1.B) next season, so that guy obviously mixed some stuff... after Rajgelj came to GM position in Olimpija it was sort of expected thing to happen... to some extent...

As long as Slovan is satisfied with this move it's fine with me, both teams cooperating is a good idea, while noone wants Slovan to go down (as many teams Olimpija loaned players to did), so I hope this would be mutualy beneficial not just one-sided.
I still believe that for Olimpija's talent development it would be ideal for Janče to get to 1.A (at least I think when yswitched with Olimpija mladi -from 2nd division into 1.B- there were some agreements on cooperation, do correct me if I'm wrong), € is the problem of course (as ussual) but if Olimpija wants to get back on track with their talent factory, that should get sorted out.

My 2nd thought here was: too bad for Pietras, he'd be perfect fit in Slovan... perfect fit for Slovan back-up C, perfect for Olimpija's plans developing him also playing in perfect club for his career development...

They are thin on PG, another PG is a must in my opinion, Strnad is far from being a true PG, more of a SG trapped in PG body.
agreed on that, but I still believe Maček in the long-term could become a good point guard in the league, unlike he reportedly was in the last season. I still might be a bit under the impression of some of his performances at younger stages.

To be honest I think Krka's roster looks stronger to me than Zlatorog's. With Balažič playing also on PF in Slovenian league and Marcelić SG, all positions are quite nicely covered.

Balažič was awesome 2 years ago (or maybee that was 3 years ago... whatever) when he returned to Krka for the playoffs. Rakočević and Soldo should also be a very good inside combo for Slovenian league. They've got all positions well covered (compared to the last few years), while I do hope one of their younger players would burst out this season, they've received loads of minutes last season and that should bring them some positive notes afterall. The only thing i'm disapointed with is Jokič leaving, don't know where I've read he is staying (and I try to avoid reading prostimet :p ) and I took it for granted...

Both clubs shouldn't be much weaker than Slovan imo

woma
09-19-2007, 02:10 PM
well, nothing good to hear that... Slovan collected some nice bucks from selling Vidmar and Preldžič abroad, but their roster seems far from impressive and reportedly Clemons was the last guy they were about to sign. They've been more or less lucky with the americans they've got untill now though (Taylor, Dean Oliver... exception with that PF guy last year) so I hope Woma (although unlikely) will be wrong on this one ;)
Sometimes it's really hard to judge Clemons. In Poland he debuted in Znicz Jaroslaw in road game against Polonia Warsaw. Of course a coach of the team and management there didn't have a clue what kind of player he is. He played horrible for majority of the game, but scored a winning basket with floater a few seconds before the end of the game. After the game I spoke with Znicz Jaroslaw's coach and he asked me if Clemons is usually playing the style that he played there. I replied "yes". He wasn't happy and even if he won some home games for them with long range shooting, coach wasn't never happy with him and also had to bring player for a point guard spot...

Joško Poljak Fan
09-19-2007, 02:46 PM
that probably stands for streaky/selfish/statistic-caring player with no discipline which ends the set play as soon as he gets the ball in his hands?

Capitan
09-30-2007, 04:22 PM
Helios signed Marko Antonijevič !

Antonijevič novi član Heliosa
Slovenski košarkar Marko Antonijevič bo vsaj mesec dni nosil dres pokalnega in državnega prvaka iz Domžal.
Besedilo: Drago Perko Foto: arhv pm
Zgodilo se je, kar so Domžalčani potiho napovedali na petkovi novinarski konferenci, Helios je zaradi zdravstvenih težav v ekipi segel po okrepitvah. Kot je potrdil direktor Lado Gorjan, bo branilec Marko Antonijevič (188 cm, 1981), ki je zadnji mesec dni treniral s zmagovalcem španskega superpokala Tau Ceramico, vsaj mesec dni član Heliosa, s katerim je sklenil pogodbo 1+1 mesec, z možnostjo podaljšanja do konca sezone. Marko bo nocoj že treniral z ekipo, v torek pa bo v postavi, ki se bo zoperstavila Budućnosti v 1. krogu lige NLB ABA.

Marko Antonijevič je začel svojo športno pot v ljubljanski Olimpiji, kjer je ostal vse do leta 2001, ko se je preselil v domžalski Helios, kjer ostane dve sezoni. Potem ga je pot vodila v novomeško Krko, s katero nastopa v Evroligi. Za tem je igral še v Pivovarni Laško in Unionu Olimpiji, v minuli sezoni pa je nastopal na Portugalskem (CAB), kjer je na tekmo beležil po 11.1 točke, 2.2 skoka in štiri asistence.

www.prostimet.com

i think this sign it's not so good. Marko is not very good player and i think Helios could faund better player for few months

Sky7
10-03-2007, 12:50 PM
Skelin leaves Olimpija -
After short try-out period the management of Union Olimpija decided not to keep Croatian Mate Skelin (212-C-74) ex Lukoil Akademic, who could not improve the coaching staff about his skills

EURObasket

Joško Poljak Fan
11-17-2007, 04:56 PM
DeMarco Johnson (204, C/PF) signed with Slovan. We'll see if that can improve their game in adriatic league and 1.A league... if he is in normal shape than I think it's a good signing for them.

Joško Poljak Fan
02-01-2008, 11:30 PM
Aleksandar Jevdžić is back in Laško which also signed Chester Mason (190cm, PG) that played for Fener in 05/06

I doubt Široki would end up last in adriatic league, meaning that will be one of the slovenian clubs- looks like Laško is counting on it and wants to get over Krka badly... eventhough personally I'd prefer Krka and their fans to Laško and their 30 fans and 25 drums...

woma
02-02-2008, 04:03 PM
Aleksandar Jevdžić is back in Laško which also signed Chester Mason (190cm, PG) that played for Fener in 05/06

I don't know what Lasko is expecting out of him, but IMHO Chet "The Jet" Mason is not a PG for Europe, he will clearly lack a creativity and long range shooting expected here. He can be much better as a role-player on 1-3 positions, kind of similar to Taylor from Ljubljana.