PDA

View Full Version : Olimpija in 2007/08 season

Joško Poljak Fan
06-10-2007, 09:08 PM
...hopefully they'll be one :rolleyes:

Ljubljana's mayor Jankovič said for Športna scena that Olimpija is negotiating with institutions they owe money to, for decreasing the debts to 50%, since it's better for them to get those 50% than nothing in case Olimpija goes bankrupt. They could get bankrupt but in that case they'd loose the spot in EL and would imho get relegated in some lower division in Slovenia as well.
He sounded surprisingly optimistic. And lowering the debts from 5.5 mio € to 2.7 mio € would be really really nice actually.

Also Marko Milič said he was a bit naive when he arrived in the summer based on promises, but he'd still come back if finances get worked out.

Lorbek is rumoured to go to Italy, Ranniko and Manu are probably both gone... Ožbolt mostlikely missing another season, so Olimpija will have to build the team around the likes of Jurkovič, Zupan, Čebular... don't know what'll happen with Rizvić... I'd try all to keep Lorbek though...
in any case we need a new team, with the same spirit to again be the team with the least bookie chances to win the EL an than later again to kick some buts when least expected... top16 would also be nice after a while...

Roy M
06-10-2007, 09:20 PM
Maybe Raviv Limonad will join Ljubliana.
He wants to play in Europe, and Yotam Halperin recommend him about Ljubliana.

Pija_Olimp
06-10-2007, 09:51 PM
They could get bankrupt but in that case they'd loose the spot in EL and would imho get relegated in some lower division in Slovenia as well.
Actually into the lowest, unless they rename themselves into KK Polzela. :D

Also Marko Milič said he was a bit naive when he arrived in the summer based on promises, but he'd still come back if finances get worked out.
Milič said something more. He talked about how happy Real Madrid supporters were, when they won an EL spot. And that we here in Slovenia don't understand what an EL spot means. That we here play too much with this, that we take it so selfevident, but in fact it is not. And that loosing this spot could bring the Slovene bball to the level of Austria, Czech Republic or Hungary.

I hope Manu is back in Ljubljana after summer vacation. And I want Sandi to stay here as well. Of course I wish Domen here too. ;)

Maybe Raviv Limonad will join Ljubliana.
Hm, I hope he's saved some money on his bank account to finance his season in Ljubljana. Ok, he would get an accomodation, a car and food paid, but anything else is on him. Salary comes here, when it comes. The rest of the money is seen years later after winning it on court.... :(

Joško Poljak Fan
06-10-2007, 10:30 PM
Actually into the lowest, unless they rename themselves into KK Polzela.
which is back in 1.A again :rolleyes: , while Idrija or Krško dissapeared few years ago...

Milič said something more. He talked about how happy Real Madrid supporters were, when they won an EL spot. And that we here in Slovenia don't understand what an EL spot means. That we here play too much with this, that we take it so selfevident, but in fact it is not. And that loosing this spot could bring the Slovene bball to the level of Austria, Czech Republic or Hungary.
I am not exactly to keen on Uleb and their contract system, so I'd say, loosing the touch with the top might mean going down. Still not on the level of Czech Republic, Austria or Hungary... too many knowledgable people in our bball for that to happen, and bball has too big of a tradition for that... but still low, that's true...

Joško Poljak Fan
06-11-2007, 11:46 AM
Ranniko is leaving

I've had two wonderfull seasons. Coming to Olimpija was for me, no matter the shocks, the best move in my career. With a lot of minutes on court and good coaches, I've progressed a lot and it's time to make a step forward. I am sorry I couldn't help my teamates inthe tough finals of national championship. Guys fought tremendously and I'm proud on them. Club management was correct towards me and we are going apart by mutual agreement. I'll never forget the times I've spent in Tivoli, i liked the town of Ljubljana a lot as well and I'll be glad to come back on a visit. Thanks to the club, teamates and the fans.
He was the only player brought by the modul group that actually had the fighting spirit to fit into ussual Olimpija's mentality. He was by far the best player in both last seasons, indeed made a great progress and I think if he'll be able to put injuries aside he could be one of the top point guards in europe. that for- good luck with your health Teemu, nice having you here...

and we've got a quest for a PG now... actually 2 PG's... should've get Dragič last offseason, while I wouldn't mind having Močnik as one of PG duo...

The rumours in media are as if Memi Bečirovič as a head coach is practically a sure deal.

Proph·et
06-11-2007, 12:17 PM
Ranniko is leaving.And off the record, coach Becirovic is coming, as he has signed a deal with Olimpija.

Joško Poljak Fan
06-11-2007, 12:18 PM
And off the record, coach Becirovic is coming, as he has signed a deal with Olimpija.
what's going on with Močnik, where does he plan to continue his career?

Roy M
06-11-2007, 12:29 PM
I don't know from where, but romours from www.walla.co.il are, that Ljubliana will have a bankcroft and will be close, due to a 5M Euro deficit.

any confirmation?

Proph·et
06-11-2007, 12:34 PM
I believe he's concentrated on fully rehabing his knee... :D

elaj
06-11-2007, 03:52 PM
I don't know from where, but romours from www.walla.co.il are, that Ljubliana will have a bankcroft and will be close, due to a 5M Euro deficit.

any confirmation?
Please, don't be Philip like... read the first post of this topic. ;) Debts are 5.5M€, but they will probably agree on paying 50% of them and other 50% will be erased (it's better to get 50% than 0%).

Club isn't that close to bankruptcy as press say, but nothing is still sure, according to some people who are working on saving the club the solution should be quite close and will be announced in few weeks.

The management is also saying that Olimpija won't lose their Euroleague contract what so ever like foreign media announced few weeks ago, because Euroleague officials support the club because of it's efforts when Euroleague was in part of construction.

Anyway, it can go also other way around, we won't know untill something more serious will be published, alot rumours going on...

Teemu Rannikko and Union Olimpija today broke the contract and he is free player when some minimum buyout (don't know how much - but he probably paid that by himself) is paid to Olimpija (he has such clause in the contract).

I also heard Mehmed Bečirovič in Olimpija is a sure deal.

My wishes for next season from current team: keep Lorbek, Markoishvili, Zupan, Čebular, Ožbolt while for others I don't really care.

Jurkovič is in my opinion too injury prone (despite having another year on his contract), while Duščak is getting older and it's better to play at SG a promising guard than him. Dwayne Lee isn't on the level of Euroleague, same goes for Rakočevič and Hohler (three more years).

Joško Poljak Fan
06-12-2007, 08:34 AM
As expected Rakoćević and Lee are going away... (at least something is going on, if they can't really sign anyone :D )

elaj
06-13-2007, 04:10 PM
Gašper Okorn is no longer part of Union Olimpija. They mutually broke the contract. Mehmed Bečirovič is supposed to be signed when he comes back from Greece where he is visiting Sani and watching Panathinaikos - Olympiakos series. ;)

His assistent Gašper Kolman will coach Olimpija youth team in next season.

elaj
06-17-2007, 09:02 PM
The rumours about Mehmet Bečirovič coming to Olimpija from Helios Domzale after the end of Slovenian Championship came out as correct. Union Olimpija today announced Mehmet Bečirovič as their new headcoach for 2007/2008 season. Becirovic won the Slovenian Cup and Slovenian Championship with Helios Domzale in the past 2006/2007 season. In his past career he coached Branik, Union Olimpija youth selections, Elektra Sostanj, Conad Rimini (Italy) and Helios Domzale. He was also incharge of Slovenian NT U20 and U18 selections.

They have also announced his assistents and other co-workers. The assistents will be promising young coaches Bojan Lazič (ex- head coach of Kraski Zidar Sezana, Elektra Esotech and Geoplin Slovan) and Gašper Potočnik (ex- headcoach of Loka Kava), while Miha Fajon (ex- physical coach of Geoplin Slovan) will be incharge of physical preparation. Sebastjan Ogris (personal physical coach of NHL player Anže Kopitar, also psychotherapist of U20 NT) will take over the psychotherapy. Mitja Tršelič is staying in the club as technician, same goes for Darko Prusnik who is staying in the club as physical coach.

Joško Poljak Fan
06-17-2007, 11:58 PM
Hopefully Bečirovič will pan out and stay a bit longer than the last 4-5 coaches did. I'm tired of changing coaches every half a year.
Can't help myself thinking Okorn might have deserved one more shot...

At least now we can expect some signings... i hope... :rolleyes:

elaj
06-20-2007, 10:25 PM
According to last rumours on the street and in newspapers potential and current sponsors decided to support Olimpija also in the future.

The sanitation plan is in progress and we should be able to see results untill the end of this month or somewhere at the beginning of the next one.

Rumours say beer factory Union as main sponsor might leave the club (and new one should replace it), also new president and some other management members might be changed.

They also say the budget for players for the next season should be a bit more than 1.5M€ and whole budget around 4M€.

Anyway, those are still rumours which are coming from various sources. Now we should just wait and see what happens within few weeks/days.

Joško Poljak Fan
06-20-2007, 11:23 PM
I hope that those various sources aren't just journalists adopting parrot's behaviour scheme. It would be nice if the situation would finally get to normal. But honestly I'll stay nervous untill the end of the 2007/08 season when they'll announce their next financial report.

I'd like at least one of Lorbek/Markoishvilli to stay, while I don't have anything against Begič joining the team neither, eventhough he'll compete with Pavič and Rizvič in fans popularity contest.

If there are any hyennes around Preldžič and Vidmar, such as Tau Ceramica or Benetton I really hope Slovan and Olimpija would work something out for the benefit of the both clubs... since they'll be developed better in Olimpija than being wasted somewhere abroad, along with Slovan eventually getting more money than they got for Dragič :rolleyes:

elaj
06-22-2007, 02:05 PM
During Euroleague Summer League Union Olimpija will try-out following players:

Mirza Begić (216cm, 1985, C)
Kevin Burleson (189cm, 1979, PG)
Gabriel Szalay (215cm, 1986, C)
Blagoj Janev (203cm, 1984, PF)
Mujo Tuljković (203cm, 1979, SF)
Žan Vrečko (195cm, 1986, SG)
Logan Kosmalski (203cm, 1981, PF/C)

Boban Tomič (190cm, 1988, PG), Sandi Čebular (195cm, 1986, SG) and Dejan Hohler (188cm, 1986, PG) will also play for Union Olimpija during the Euroleague Summer League.

boki
06-22-2007, 02:41 PM
Kevin Burleson? I guess Brezec has something to do with this ;) Maybe he could be a backup PG in Euroleague. He has some experiance (also NBA last season). We shall see... Becirovic will definately have tough job to find reliable PGs for next year.

elaj
06-23-2007, 03:32 PM
Kevin Burleson? I guess Brezec has something to do with this ;) Maybe he could be a backup PG in Euroleague. He has some experiance (also NBA last season). We shall see... Becirovic will definately have tough job to find reliable PGs for next year.
As I heard they want also Goran Dragič (192cm, 1986, PG) from TAU Ceramica as loaned player for next season. It will depend alot if Dragič will make it to TAU Ceramica first squad for the next season, otherwise he will be again loaned and probably it would be the best if he would join Olimpija. He would play serious minutes in all competitions which Olimpija plays, not to mention he would play in known environment.

boki
06-24-2007, 10:47 AM
I don't see Dragic playing any significant minutes behind Prigioni and Planinic. There were some rumours about Prigioni leaving the club but it's hard to believe that... But I guess Dragic was promised after signing contract with Tau to make the Tau's squad after one year loan to Murcia. At least Dragic told that to our media last year when he left Slovan.

Joško Poljak Fan
06-24-2007, 11:08 AM
I don't see Dragic playing any significant minutes behind Prigioni and Planinic. There were some rumours about Prigioni leaving the club but it's hard to believe that... But I guess Dragic was promised after signing contract with Tau to make the Tau's squad after one year loan to Murcia. At least Dragic told that to our media last year when he left Slovan.
Things didn't exactly go his way with his injury plagued season with Murcia, right now I don't think he'll get to the first team either, with a decent season in Murcia things could maybee go different way, but I hope Tau will give up on him, the way they did on Ukič or that court will finally decide he is still a Slovan's player unless Tau pays the demanded (which is still low) buyout.
I just don't want seeing him ending up like Slokar that nevermind the talent and abilities only gets to play in NT preparation games.

elaj
06-26-2007, 08:22 PM
Coach Memi Bečirovič decided that he will keep Mirza Begić (216cm, 1985) and Boban Tomič (190cm, 1988) at home because he already knows what they are both capable of - so they aren't travelling to ULEB Summer League. Robert Nuber (183cm, 1983) will fill Tomič's place, while Begić spot will be replaced by Miha Zupan who lacks games (played only 30 games) because of his transfer delay during the season. Instead of Begić coach will try-out more precisely Gabriel Szalay (215cm, 1986).

Memi Bečirovič once again stated that the players which are on tryouts aren't meant to be starters/key players.

elaj
07-01-2007, 07:57 PM
Olimpija finnished ULEB Summer League on third place with 3-1 result ratio. Coach Bečirovič said none of those players who were on try-out with Olimpija satisfied the coaching staff and they will not sign the contract with anyone of them.

Domen Lorbek left the team for one year contract with Estudiantes.

Joško Poljak Fan
07-06-2007, 09:48 PM
Negotiating with Slokar and Ronnel Taylor... I wouldn't mind any of those 2 in Olimpija.
The good news is that if they're negotiating with those two, obviously some things are worked out from financial perspective as well.

boki
07-07-2007, 10:16 AM
I hope Taylor comes. He is a defensive beast and he can also do stuff in offense. Except for shooting he is better player than Lorbek in all aspects IMO. Maybe I'm not fair to him, but I was quite dissapointed with Lorbek's performances in Olimpija this year.

elaj
07-09-2007, 03:49 PM
Manuchar Markoishvili left Olimpija for BC Kiev.

boki
07-10-2007, 10:09 AM
It's funny how Rajgelj allways criticise Olimpija's managment in last decade- how there were allways bigger contracts than there was money to cover. But now I'm hearing from Slovan's new director that all the buyout money from selling Preldzic to Ulker will go to cover debts from last seasons and also some debts will still remain to cover. So Rajgelj isn't really that innocent like he is appearing.

efialtes
07-10-2007, 11:58 AM
Domen Lorbek left the team for one year contract with Estudiantes.

Hi, this is a fan of MMT Estudiantes from Madrid.
What is your opinion of Domen Lorbek as a SG? Is he ready to get into a basket league as the spanish one? Any scout description?

Markoishvili
07-10-2007, 03:35 PM
Strenghts: Lorbek is a very good outside shooter with range out to the three-point line. He has good mechanics and touch, will convert on a good percentage of the open looks he gets. He is also quite a smart player utilizing hestitation moves, hean and pump fakes to get his shoot off. Lorbek shows good effort on defense and has active hands, he isn`t affraid of physical contact. He has a very decent size for a swingmen and is an excellent free-throw shooter.

Weaknesses: Below average athletically, Domen is fairly slow player, just like his brother. He has a poor first step, which limits his ability to create his own shot, so don`t expect him to be the facilitator on the offense, since neither his ballhandling ability is particularly advanced. Lack of footspeed also hurts him on defense, while he compensates it to some degree with his effort, he will not be able to contain Charles Smith`s, Louis Bullock`s and Igor Rakocevic`s of the ACB league. Another one of his major deficiencies is his poor finishing ability in the lane, considering that he posses very little bounce in his step Lorbek should develop some kind of a tear-drop, floater or runner, which would help him to score around the painted area.

Prediction: I think Lorbek will be a solid player for Estudiantes, he is a hard-working guy, with smarts and a very good shooting ability. Expect him to average somewhere around 7-9 points, 2-3 rebounds and assist or two in a complementary role.

efialtes
07-10-2007, 04:48 PM
Thanks a lot!!!!

elaj
07-12-2007, 01:26 PM
Sandi Čebular and Olimpija parted ways. According to him he is going to sign somewhere abroad. Dejan Hohler also left Olimpija, he signed with Egaleo (Greece).

DZK
07-15-2007, 10:16 AM
What would Olimpija roster look like if all the rumors are true?

C: Slokar, Begić (yes, Slokar is not pure C but I suppose he would play that position in Olimpija)
PF: Milič, Zupan, Vidmar (transfer might be like Pietras on loan to Slovan for one season?) ...or if I even make some own rumor - Boisa? (he was seen training in Hala Tivoli, he was released by Siena, he has slovenian wife, he is totally out of shape and needs a lot of playing time,...)
SF: Taylor
SG: Ožbolt (in december?)
PG: Dragić (on loan)

Did I forget something?

Those are just rumors...but it looks pretty nice doesn't it? :D

PHILIPeurobasket
07-22-2007, 07:39 PM
Sandi Čebular and Olimpija parted ways. According to him he is going to sign somewhere abroad. Dejan Hohler also left Olimpija, he signed with Egaleo (Greece).

Cebular negotiating with Anwil Wloclawek :cool: :)

boki
07-22-2007, 08:16 PM
Cebular negotiating with Anwil Wloclawek :cool: :)

Čebular is still young but I just don't see much potential in him. But he will probably play on Eurobasket, because Samo Udrih cancelled and we are now lacking SGs and SFs.

PHILIPeurobasket
07-23-2007, 02:14 AM
Čebular is still young but I just don't see much potential in him. .

Dont worry, Anwil always buy players who nobody know, and later their are stars - for example Armands Skele, GAtis Jahovics, Kris Lang, and more others...;)

boki
07-23-2007, 07:30 AM
Dont worry, Anwil always buy players who nobody know, and later their are stars - for example Armands Skele, GAtis Jahovics, Kris Lang, and more others...;)

Yes those players are really BIG stars :p

Joško Poljak Fan
07-23-2007, 08:26 AM
...Lang and Skele were known players before Anwil bought them :rolleyes: ...Lang was a Tar Heel, dammit. And everybody raged about Skele as a good NBA prospect at PG for ome time :rolleyes:

I hate this. Nothing reliable in the media, while we always ge those articles as how Bečirovič is satisfied with the way things are going, get some optimistic ones, later for Rajgelj saying he has no idea how the team will look like, followed with the rumours about half the team already being said, again denied by someone else that currently there are only Zupan and Ožbolt in the team.

Surprisingly there are still discussions with Jurkovič, eventhough Memi says he is likely leaving, no need to say what would Milič's return mean, and from Slovan trio only Klobučar wasn't signed by Fenerbahce yet.

PHILIPeurobasket
07-23-2007, 07:14 PM
...Lang and Skele were known players before Anwil bought them :rolleyes: ...Lang was a Tar Heel, dammit. And everybody raged about Skele as a good NBA prospect at PG for ome time :rolleyes:

Ok, but these players have bad stats, and when they play in Anwil (head coach was Urlep) these players made BIG step in career! Lang was star in Italy, and Skele - skele still have problems with drugs, but he has good season in Belgium ;)

elaj
07-26-2007, 03:29 PM
According to Eurobasket.com Olimpija is close to sign Hemofarm's Bojan Bakić (197cm, 1983, SG/SF) and Lokomotiv Rostov's Maurice Bailey (183cm, 1981, PG).

boki
07-26-2007, 03:48 PM
Looking only at their numbers It's hard to believe Bakic and Bailey are EL caliber players. Is Bailey even better than Lee? Well I hope so, because he will probably be starting PG. I'm allways sceptical about american PGs in Olimpija because there is always another Lee, Mills, Stringer, McLinton, Griffin....

elaj
07-27-2007, 10:14 AM
Looking only at their numbers It's hard to believe Bakic and Bailey are EL caliber players. Is Bailey even better than Lee? Well I hope so, because he will probably be starting PG. I'm allways sceptical about american PGs in Olimpija because there is always another Lee, Mills, Stringer, McLinton, Griffin....

Olimpija signed Maurice Bailey (183cm, 1981, PG) for two seasons and Bojan Bakić (197cm, 1983, SG/SF) for one.

I guess Bailey is planned to be the starting PG for the next season. I just hope he can run offense and play decent defense. Memi said for press that Bailey is classical PG who can play good defense and is able to play as a team player.

Now let's hope Goran Dragič will be loaned from TAU to Olimpija, it should be known in a week or so.

I just hope Memi isn't counting on Bakić to be their main man on SG/SF. :rolleyes: He could be a decent of the bench player, but that's all in my opinion.

Joško Poljak Fan
07-27-2007, 03:12 PM
I think that Bakič was probably really cheap to hire, otherwise I don't think he'd been allowed to sign a 1 season contract only. This way he gets a chance to proove himself and Olimpija gets one more player for rotation. Nothing wrong with signing a player for one year only if there'll be 1-2 at maximum 3 players like that... in the position Olimpija found themselves that's better than signing an equivalent player for 3 times bigger sum, just because he'd sign a long term contract- if Olimpija won't improve their finances that's the same as if that player would sign a 1 year contract anyway, since if players won't get paid they'll leave no matter the years remaining in their contracts.

Lee, Mills, Stringer, McLinton, Griffin were (at least I got that feeling) more of a gamble than anything. The club could afford some recognised PG with mentionable experiences in europe so the management tried their luck, gambleing if those could actually be underated. Lee on the other hand was signed just to have 7th guy in the rotation and his value didn't matter probably.
The fact that Bailey is playing in europe for 3 years already along that playing in respectable teams as Rostov and Nancy makes me feel optimistic... at least he can't be as bad as Jordan (Sagadin's one, not Phil Jackson's)

I wouldn't mind any comments from the people that have seen him play though (Woma for example ;) )

elaj
07-30-2007, 08:20 AM
Olimpija signed Mirza Begić (220cm, 1985, C) for two seasons.

Too bad we didn't get Vidmar. I guess some US player will fill the second C position. Club will also try to break the contract (or already did) with prospect Kamil Pietras because his contract which he signed when Jure Zdovc was director is too big for a youngster.

boki
07-30-2007, 10:16 AM
I don't really get it with all this "get rid of Pietras" thing. OK, maybe he has bigger salary then he deserves right know, but if he gets the playing time this year and developes how is projected, he won't be overpaid next year. Not to mention when he developes and is shopped, Olimpija will get back all their money that is invested in Pietras and more.

PHILIPeurobasket
07-30-2007, 08:17 PM
Pietras tommorow will be in Slovenia where will practising with Polish NT. Coach Urlep want young Polish players, after Division B tournament Pietras averaged 18 points, 10.3 rebounds and 2 blocks per game for U-20 POlish NT :)

elaj
08-02-2007, 09:09 AM
Marko Milič signed one year contract with Union Olimpija. :cool:

I guess things should really change soon. At least I hope so. When he left Olimpija he said he won't be back if the financial situation isn't fixed.

Joško Poljak Fan
08-02-2007, 09:52 AM
He again came here against better financial options from other clubs. Last year he almost made more money in those 4 months in Real that he'd get in Olimpija for whole year (even if he would get paid regulary). He also decided to let go some of Olimpija's debts from the past... altogether Milič should be considered as one of Olimpija's biggest sponsors :cool:
He made the club unprecedently popular in the late 90ies, practically Olimpija has rissen with him and in the worst days he is again coming back to help the club- thank you Marko.
Hauptman, Zdovc, Daneu, Vilfan, Kotnik might have been at least as good or better players, but there is no doubt who is the Olimpija's fans no.1 legend... even if still active.

elaj
08-03-2007, 12:18 PM
Olimpija's preparations start on 6th of August. Coach Bečirovič said he is planning to have 80% of the team already signed before they go to the training camp in Zreče (Slovenia) on 20th of August.

Despite Ivica Jurkovič (206cm, 1973, PF) still being under the contract he probably won't continue in Olimpija. He was given an option of staying in the club with reduced salary or he is free to go.

Once again they said that if the improvement of the financial state won't go through all players under the contract are free to leave the club without any obligations, but according to coach Bečirovič the plan is going very optimistic.

He is also very optimistic about Goran Dragič being loaned to Olimpija from TAU Ceramica.

Currently under contract:

- Miha Zupan (204cm, 1982, PF)
- Marko Milič (199cm, 1977, PF/SF)
- Mirza Begič (220cm, 1985, C)
- Maurice Bailey (183cm, 1981, PG)
- Sašo Ožbolt (191cm, 1981, SG/PG) - injured untill January '08
- Bojan Bakič (197cm, 1983, SF/SG)

In my opinion team needs another decent PG (Dragič? plus some youngster - Jan Močnik? Boban Tomič?), two SG's (Klobučar?), SF and decent PF/C (plus another youngster on C - Pietras?)

rikhardur
08-03-2007, 01:37 PM
Marko Milič signed one year contract with Union Olimpija. :cool:
That's some pretty good news for Olimpija ;)

elaj
08-10-2007, 02:26 PM
Ivica Jurković officialy left Olimpija.

According to prostimet.com Olimpija is trying-out Serb Dejan Delić (197cm, 1983, SG/SF) from Monmouth University (NCAA), Miha Fon (194cm, 1984, SG) and few youth players from BiH and Poland.

Olimpija youth players Dejan Radojević (210cm, 1989, C), Jaka Ptičak (198cm, 1988, SF), Boban Tomič (190cm, 1988, PG) and few others also joined first team for preparations.

Joško Poljak Fan
08-10-2007, 06:07 PM
Jeff Graves signed in Olimpia Ljubljana.

Big bodied center with nice back to the basket skills and solid rebounding ability. Can hit 16 foot jump-shot. Strong, but not super explosive. Plays hard, but doesn't have a great feel for the game. Knee problems in past.

OK signing for them. Probably cost around 200.

Heard they are still looking for either an American swingman (if no Dragic) or a 2/1. Budget is 200.
i'm sure I've seen him since he played for Kansas, but can't remember if it was really him or not... I need to be more concentrated during watching NCAA games, lesson learned....

elaj
08-10-2007, 06:26 PM
According to sports news on 24ur.com TV report Olimpija is also very close to sign Jasmin Hukić. Director Rajgelj said that the matter of Goran Dragič being loaned to Olimpija will be solved in a week or two.

PHILIPeurobasket
08-10-2007, 08:00 PM
According to sports news on 24ur.com TV report Olimpija is also very close to sign Jasmin Hukić.

I mean Jasmin Hukic from Prokom :confused: please dont buy him - I can write only this - he didnt show anything in Sopot, anything!

elaj
08-10-2007, 08:14 PM
I mean Jasmin Hukic from Prokom :confused: please dont buy him - I can write only this - he didnt show anything in Sopot, anything!
Jasmin Hukić spent two seasons already playing for Olimpija and was our captain few years ago if you didn't know that.

We know what he is capable of - from my point of view he would be a perfect signing on SF.

He is married to a Slovenian girl, he is expecting a child and is also building a house here in Ljubljana. I guess he is prepared to lower the salary for Olimpija.

PHILIPeurobasket
08-10-2007, 08:32 PM
Jasmin Hukić spent two seasons already playing for Olimpija and was our captain few years ago if you didn't know that.

I know that, I know, but believe me elaj he didnt show anything in Sopot, so I didnt know that is good move by Olimpija board...

woma
08-10-2007, 09:41 PM
I know that, I know, but believe me elaj he didnt show anything in Sopot, so I didnt know that is good move by Olimpija board...
Getting Hukic will be a very good move by Olimpija - only fans with lack of knowledge about basketball or our shitty journalist (or both) were complaining about his performance in Sopot. They did it because they don't know a shit about basketball, and they were expecting similar player to Goran Jagodnik.
I understand that Olimpija coaches/management know that Jasmin Hukic IS NOT a Goran Jagodnik, so signing him will be a very good move for them.

boki
08-10-2007, 10:32 PM
I have to agree with Philip here. After Hukič left Olimpija, he was getting worse every year. He totally lost his game. I was shocked about his awfull performance in bosnian NT in Eurobasket 2005. And I watched some Prokom games last year and Hukič was plain disaster. He was very slow with awfull shot. No, I don't want Hukič anywhere near Olimpija.

Joško Poljak Fan
08-10-2007, 10:35 PM
I just found out that Graves played for Kansas few years ago, and of course I can't remember him than :rolleyes:

Hukić a mediocre player? any player can be mediocre if put in a non-fittable system. If I am not mistaken that was sort of what Hukić was saying about Prokom in an interview few days ago:

Čeprav smo dosegli dober rezultat, saj smo bili državni prvaki in celo med najboljšimi šestnajstimi klubi evrolige, smo bili neorganizirana ekipa. Ne želim se vrniti.
Eventhough we achieved a good result, we were national champions and even among top 16 teams in euroleague we were an unorganised team, I don't want to return there.

first check at a player: he can play defense, cool, the rest almost doesn't matter, within a decent system scoring come along as well... and most importantly he fits the mentality of the club- something that for example Modul Group didn't aknowledge and failed due to it.
He is a hard working, he fights hard on court and since he knows how to establish the communication with the fans during the game, he was one of the fans favourite and i believe it'll be the same this year.

I'll be really glad if Olimpija signs him...

C: Graves
PF: Milič, Zupan
SF: Hukić
SG: Ožbolt, Bakić
PG: Bailey, Dragič

something unimaginable for the most of the teams, but if those remain healthy Olimpija can surprise again and again, just the way they were doing before the financial crisis, putting out 10 anonimous players vs. a known euro team and actualy winning some games...
of course Memi isn't tried out as the headcoach as well...

Olimpija's management keeps repeating they're still talking with some Slovenians, but there aren't really anyone left on the market for a reasonable price... Golemac? he is too expensive although his price might have dropped after this year... same for Gorenc... maybee they'd give another chance to Hafnar? beats me...

elaj
08-10-2007, 11:00 PM
C: Graves
SF: Hukić
SG: Ožbolt, Bakić
PG: Bailey, Dragič

Olimpija's management keeps repeating they're still talking with some Slovenians, but there aren't really anyone left on the market for a reasonable price... Golemac? he is too expensive although his price might have dropped after this year... same for Gorenc... maybee they'd give another chance to Hafnar? beats me...

You forgot Begič on C. ;)

Jurica Golemac already signed with Paris-Levallois and we clearly don't need another PF. Hafnar has one more year with Whirlpool Varese and he is for sure staying in Italy.

Gorenc also came through my mind, I guess if he can get back in shape he could be quite nice addition on SG.

Jagodnik is still FA, but I guess they aren't interested - if I had to pick between Jagodnik or Hukić I would pick Huka that same moment. I agree with Matiz, Hukić needs a system to play in, I bet he would be a great player for Olimpija. Also I bet there isn't much of a difference between salary Jagodnik and Hukić are asking for.

So, I guess the player Rajgelj is talking about is probaly Boris Gorenc who spent last season playing BC Khimky Moscow. Gorenc isn't the youngest anymore, he is already 34 and probably homesick. ;)

Jan Močnik as third guard would be also very nice addition, but I don't know if he is FA or still under contract with Nova Gorica.

Joško Poljak Fan
08-10-2007, 11:15 PM
You forgot Begič on C.
I knew I must've forgot something... but you know me, I don't bother checking it up in the previous pages :o

Jagodnik is still FA, but I guess they aren't interested - if I had to pick between Jagodnik or Hukić I would pick Huka that same moment. I agree with Matiz, Hukić needs a system to play in, I bet he would be a great player for Olimpija. Also I bet there isn't much of a difference between salary Jagodnik and Hukić are asking for.
Don't know where I picked that from... maybee Phillip... so don't bother, I think Jagodnik demands sth. like 20.000 € per month- Hukić won't get that money, while Jagodnik considering his stats in euroleague some years ago might (read:Russia) =one more plus for Jasmin.

So, I guess the player Rajgelj is talking about is probaly Boris Gorenc who spent last season playing BC Khimky Moscow. Gorenc isn't the youngest anymore, he is already 34 and probably homesick.
I know he has a small kid... might be that he/she might just have to go to primay school and Gorenc would act accordingly moving back to Slovenia... eventhough considering his reported payment in Russia, no way he gets that in Olimpija, not even close...
but as said... there really really aren't many slovenian free agent players left... especially on SF?... Balažič? (naaah....)... Dončič (God NOOOOO!!!)

PHILIPeurobasket
08-11-2007, 02:13 AM
I have to agree with Philip here. After Hukič left Olimpija, he was getting worse every year. He totally lost his game. I was shocked about his awfull performance in bosnian NT in Eurobasket 2005. And I watched some Prokom games last year and Hukič was plain disaster. He was very slow with awfull shot. No, I don't want Hukič anywhere near Olimpija.

100% right. Hukic in Poland was like lost. I know this player, but I must write it one again - he didnt show anything in Sopot.

btw: Goran JAgodnik is (for now) better player then Hukic. He want only 20 000Euro per month. Why Olimpija who have moneys didnt want Jagodnik :confused: Is he too expensive :confused:

Picek
08-11-2007, 06:21 AM

again? :(
in the last few seasons he played how many games?
5-10?
and all because of injuries..
so another player whose career is ruined by injuries :(

boki
08-11-2007, 10:07 AM
again? :(
in the last few seasons he played how many games?
5-10?
and all because of injuries..
so another player whose career is ruined by injuries :(

Yes it's pitty that such player got wasted because of injuries. Ozbolt was/is far most complete slovenian guard. I mean when he was in top form, he was monster in defence, he was deadly shooter, he had great right and left drive to the basket, he was very athletic and he was creative (making some sick passes). Ozbolt was first injured before Eurobasket 2005 on NT preparations and I wasn't surprised when Pipan was saying/crying that Ozbolt would defintely be starting games infront Becirovic.

elaj
08-15-2007, 11:05 AM
Union Olimpija signed Jeff Graves (206cm, 1981, PF/C) with 1+1 contract. They are also still negotiating with Jasmin Hukić and Goran Dragič.

- Jeff Graves (206cm, 1981, PF/C)

boki
08-15-2007, 01:48 PM
I was kind of surprised when I read that Olimpija completed the center line with the signing of Graves. They have now 4 players on PF/C: Begic, Graves, Milic and Zupan. It's hard to expect that all of those will live through season without any injury so I think they should add another player on PF/C position. This player should be some promising young player, who could play some limited minutes also in EL (Pietras would be ideal).

PHILIPeurobasket
08-15-2007, 08:06 PM
and what guys will be with Kamil Pietras :confused: Olimpija 1st roster, or he will be loan to other team :confused:

elaj
08-16-2007, 08:36 AM
and what guys will be with Kamil Pietras :confused: Olimpija 1st roster, or he will be loan to other team :confused:
We discussed this already few pages ago.

He will be most probably released from the team.

Olimpija started serious negotiations with Jasmin Hukić (204cm, 1979, SF). Ronell Taylor (196cm, 1982, SF/SG) is also linked to Olimpija. Goran Dragič's (192cm, 1986, PG) case is being troubled by his agent with whom Olimpija didn't have nice relationship in the past, but they say everything should be solved in a week or two.

I was kind of surprised when I read that Olimpija completed the center line with the signing of Graves. They have now 4 players on PF/C: Begic, Graves, Milic and Zupan. It's hard to expect that all of those will live through season without any injury so I think they should add another player on PF/C position. This player should be some promising young player, who could play some limited minutes also in EL (Pietras would be ideal).
I agree. Additional player on PF/C position is needed.

Joško Poljak Fan
08-17-2007, 09:31 AM
I think they'll go with Radojević as that 5th PF/C, with Hukić helping out on PF from time to time.

C: Graves, Begič, Radojević
SF: Hukič, Taylor
SG: Bakić, Ožbolt
PG: Bailey, ..... , Tomič

and that'll be it (along with someone replacing Ožbolt as well, can't be sure when he'll get back). Dragič would be a great signing on PG, since I wouldn't really like to see too many US players in the team (explanation in EL forum under current rosters thread).

I don't recal Bakić's game enough to make a statement about his defense, but otherwise that would be a nice athletic and most of all defensively capable team

elaj
08-17-2007, 10:49 AM
I watched Radojević on youth F4 last year. Back then he was not even close ready for joining the first team.

I heard Dejan Delić who are they trying him out this days is very cheap (around 3.000€ / month) as most of NCAA unknown players, so in my opinion they should cover Ožbolt's place with such player untill Ožbolt's final recovery. They should call more such players on try-out.

I really hope Taylor and Hukić join our team, same goes for Dragič.

Joško Poljak Fan
08-17-2007, 11:24 AM
I watched Radojević on youth F4 last year. Back then he was not even close ready for joining the first team.
physicaly wise? or fundamentals, athleticism?
afterall youth F4 wasn't that far ago and there wasn't enough time for him to progress, but Memi seemed satisfied with him, at least as far the media reports go.

I heard Dejan Delić who are they trying him out this days is very cheap (around 3.000€ / month) as most of NCAA unknown players, so in my opinion they should cover Ožbolt's place with such player untill Ožbolt's final recovery. They should call more such players on try-out.
I agree... sort of a camp for NCAAers would be nice, but if I am not mistaken club ussualy still pays some costs, such as accomodation, air ticket and some small money to those players. so without a stable budget that's not really possible and even than costs might overcome the financial incomes in case those players don't pan out.

elaj
08-17-2007, 11:46 AM
physicaly wise? or fundamentals, athleticism?
afterall youth F4 wasn't that far ago and there wasn't enough time for him to progress, but Memi seemed satisfied with him, at least as far the media reports go.
As far as I remember him he was very skinny and also lacked of fundamentals. He did nice job in defense, had good sense for blocking (he was playing agaist smaller opponets). He showed some center tehnic, but nothing special. I didn't see him much, just one game.

boki
08-18-2007, 10:19 AM
Oh my god please don't.... http://www.prostimet.com/default.asp?rb=3&id=10342

I clearly remember Becirovic's words from couple of months ago and he clearly stated, that Doncic is not a player for Olimpija, because he is on the downhill of his career. I don't know what changes his mind, but this is a major blow for Olimpija's play and fans also. I would think, that Becirovic and Rajgelj know that Doncic is completely useless, if he is a role player. He can only play if he is a leader and take a majority of shots. But he can do this in small clubs only not in Olimpija. He also had a bad personal season in Helios, he is slow as turtle, can't play defence... Man I'm pissed... :mad:

Inspector
08-20-2007, 05:38 AM
Seem like Hukič, Dragič, Dončič and Taylor are really close to Olimpija. There are also Jan Močnik, the Slovenian U-20 NT member, and bosnian guard Damir Dronjić in the roster that will start today's preparations in Zreče...

http://www.dnevnik.si/novice/sport/263571/

Joško Poljak Fan
08-20-2007, 10:09 PM
Some people are claiming Taylor signed a pre-agreement more than a month ago already, with NBA-clause included, of course he didn't get to NBA (great article on draftexpress regarding the state there (http://www.draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=2212)) but it's a bit strange considering some well informed people here claimed his agent was asking around hoping for a better offer.
Personally I am not too impressed with Taylor, but have to admit at the time he played for Slovan I was completely focused on Dragič and Klobučar so I do believe I could've missed some of his good qualities. He id have a good Dleague statistics though.

I don't think it's anything wrong with Dončič being our 10th, 11th or 12th man. Afterall different team can bring up different role. He is full of tricks and knowledge and he is definately welcome from that point of view.

Močnik has a long way from contributing in EL. As soon as he'll be strong enough to pass 50% of the set screens, than he'll be a great player, it could happen vs. some of NLB League centers in the next season already, since some of them aren't much more physicaly developed as Močnik :D
Definately great to have a talented guy on the bench.

I am a bit worried about that 4th american rajgelj was talking in his recent interview, considering how the vast majority of teams that consisted mainly from US players performed in europe this season. Graves is a deadlock C, the ball won't vross through his hands that often and I am not too concerned with that. Taylor doesn't seem to be having some ego-problems either and Bailey was described as a team player, so we should be calm about those guys fitting in... but there is always a danger of getting a Jenkins-type player on the roster, that could proove dedly for a team like Olimpija, even more since most of Olimpija fans are having a sort of alergy to players that aren't playing defense, thanks to watching Sagadin for more than a decade.

boki
08-21-2007, 11:17 AM
Well I hope there won't be 4th american in Olimpija. But I'm glad Taylor signed. I still can't get it why Becirovic let go Cebular so easily. Man he could play a backup on SG also in EL. Furthermore he would make some progress this year for sure. He is young and he is slovenian... I really don't know what was Becirovic thinking about this one... I think it was a big mistake.

The Wizard
08-21-2007, 06:58 PM
I know this is far fetched, but I really think that Olimpija could use Andres Rodriguez back, he just finished second place on the Poland league last year and he once again posted his usual numbers, 9.8pts and 5.5 ass and 2.? steals per game...with a deeper team, he could once again start winning in Slovenia...just a thought...

Joško Poljak Fan
08-21-2007, 07:13 PM
I know this is far fetched, but I really think that Olimpija could use Andres Rodriguez back, he just finished second place on the Poland league last year and he once again posted his usual numbers, 9.8pts and 5.5 ass and 2.? steals per game...with a deeper team, he could once again start winning in Slovenia...just a thought...
I think a vast majority of Olimpija fans agree with you here. It was a shock that he left, but in those circumstances normal.
He became quite popular with fans due to his court vision... if only he'd work his shot out, he'd be a great PG. I wouldn't mind him coming back, but as far as I know he is staying with Turow.

PHILIPeurobasket
08-21-2007, 07:22 PM

As I wrote in PR forum, A-rod sign 2 months ago new contract with Turow, and he will stay in Polish vice-champion for another 1 ... so dont dream :p or dream about other player :D

elaj
08-21-2007, 10:26 PM
So far the team looks great for a 1.5M€ budget. As I heard Hukić and Dončič should be announced in few days. Dragič's case should be solved in a week. As it was said they are testing talented Bosnian Dronjić (more info about him, please :)) and Slovenian Jan "speedy gonzalez" Močnik. :D So if we add all the players that signed and should sign in upcoming weeks we get a respectable team. ;)

PG: Bailey, Dragič, Močnik/Dronjić
SG: Bakić, Taylor, Ožbolt
SF: Hukić, Dončič
C: Graves, Begič, Radojević

- Ronell Taylor (196cm, 1982, SG/SF)

I am a bit worried about that 4th american rajgelj was talking in his recent interview, considering how the vast majority of teams that consisted mainly from US players performed in europe this season. Graves is a deadlock C, the ball won't vross through his hands that often and I am not too concerned with that. Taylor doesn't seem to be having some ego-problems either and Bailey was described as a team player, so we should be calm about those guys fitting in... but there is always a danger of getting a Jenkins-type player on the roster, that could proove dedly for a team like Olimpija, even more since most of Olimpija fans are having a sort of alergy to players that aren't playing defense, thanks to watching Sagadin for more than a decade.
I think the 4th US player is only a possibility if Hukić doesn't sign.

Inspector
08-22-2007, 08:55 AM
According agency Beobasket, Union Olimpija inked their former member Jasmin Hukic (204-G/F-79, agency: Beo Basket) ex Prokom and NT member Goran Jagodnik ex Anwil signed with Hemofarm

elaj
08-22-2007, 09:47 AM
Jasmin Hukić today signed one year contract with Olimpija. Saša Dončič (201cm, 1974, SF) should be announced in day or two.

- Mirza Begić (220cm, 1985, C)
- Bojan Bakić (197cm, 1983, SF/SG)
- Jasmin Hukić (204cm, 1979, SF)

PHILIPeurobasket
08-22-2007, 02:33 PM
Jasmin Hukić today signed one year contract with Olimpija. Saša Dončič (201cm, 1974, SF) should be announced in day or two.

For me this is bad decision (why this is bad signing I write few posts ago) ... but we will see what will play Hukic :rolleyes:

boki
08-22-2007, 03:39 PM
For me this is bad decision (why this is bad signing I write few posts ago) ... but we will see what will play Hukic :rolleyes:

I hope he will play basketball... :D

elaj
08-31-2007, 06:55 PM
Union Olimpija signed Jan Močnik (174cm, 1987, PG) for next three seasons. :cool:

Union Olimpija also returned from their training camp in Zreče. They worked there 11 days, did 20 practise sessions and played three friendly games.

- Bojan Bakić (197cm, 1983, SF/SG)
- Jan Močnik (174cm, 1987, PG)

elaj
09-03-2007, 12:35 PM
Olimpija not satisfied with Bakić

Although the process still hasn't been finished, it is confirmed that Union Olimpija is negotiating with Bojan Bakić to break the contract signed during the summer. Namely, the practicing period gave some inside look into the whole team's picture which proved that Bakić doesn't totally fulfill the demands of the coach Memi Bečirovič.

Other news say that they aren't satisfied with his medical condition due the injuries in the past. :rolleyes: I guess they will bring now some NCAA US player instead of him. :rolleyes:

Markoishvili
09-04-2007, 12:36 AM
I heard it will be Marlon Garnett, who was signature away from Split before Olimpija got into the business.

Joško Poljak Fan
09-04-2007, 09:03 AM
I heard it will be Marlon Garnett, who was signature away from Split before Olimpija got into the business.
what happened to him that he fall that low?
I mean Olimpia Milano, Benetton, Estudiantes and than Olimpija taking him away from Split?

Markoishvili
09-04-2007, 11:40 AM
got old - 32, that`s an advanced age for an undersized guard

elaj
09-05-2007, 05:55 PM
Union Olimpija signed Saša Dončič (201cm, 1974, SF) for one season. As coach says he will be off bench player in rotation.

Beobasket agency already announced that Bojan Bakić is no longer player of Olimpija. They mutualy broke the contract. Olimpija is still searching for two guards. One of them should be Goran Dragič. They have like 5-10 serious candidats for SG position, they also confirmed that Marlon Garnett is one of them.

- Saša Dončič (201cm, 1974, SF)

Joško Poljak Fan
09-11-2007, 11:31 AM
Olimpija is testing Damir Rančić (198-SG-83).

Imagine we'd bring him 2 years ago along with paying 200.000 € as Split demanded :rolleyes: he changed quite some clubs since he left Split.

Friendlies following this week with Armani Jeans and the winner of Benetton/Fortitudo duel.

elaj
09-11-2007, 05:02 PM
Olimpija is testing Damir Rančić (198-SG-83).

Imagine we'd bring him 2 years ago along with paying 200.000 € as Split demanded :rolleyes: he changed quite some clubs since he left Split.

Friendlies following this week with Armani Jeans and the winner of Benetton/Fortitudo duel.
He should be a great signing if he is in shape. Great decision by coach Bečirovič to first try him out.

Sime
09-16-2007, 11:28 PM
I think that Garnett put a one year contract with Split.

elaj
09-18-2007, 03:00 PM
I think that Garnett put a one year contract with Split.
Yeah, as I know they have other options.

Jeff Graves (206cm, 1981, PF/C) and Union Olimpija parted ways today. Coach Bečirovič said he wasn't satisfied with him. According to him and our director the player isn't ready yet for Europe. Bečirovič is positive that they can get a better center.

So in next weeks Olimpija will be searching for a new C (Stanko Barać?), PF/C and SG (probably both US), while Dragič should sign during this week.

Joško Poljak Fan
09-18-2007, 06:37 PM
Graves leaving, just as Bakić did. somehow I like that. It's better to seperate ways before the season than forcing the whole situation forward untill realising the player should be left free months ago, as with some players in previous seasons.
If the reason Olimpija published is true, and those are not consequences of financial delays, that's the best option for both sides. I do hope Olimpija has in mind one tough PF/C, since I have a bad feeling only Barać was meant to be brought to the team without any replacement for Graves...

Inspector
09-19-2007, 06:32 AM
Janez Rajgelj said Olimpija will try to add another 4 players in the roster till the beginning of the season. One should be Dragič as the PG (he should sign till the end of this week), another will be a SG/SF and they are looking also for a PF/C and of course the replacement for Graves. I think one of them could be Barać, but there are also other options.

I am a little disappointed because of Graves, I had the feeling he could be an important player in the roster and also one who could attract a lot of fans to Tivoli.
But the reality is another and I agree, that it's better to cut a player before the season, than in the middle of it.

Joško Poljak Fan
09-19-2007, 10:35 AM
They're obviously looking for 12 quality players, because of the tiredness effect that takes place in NLB league, causing Olimpija showing worse games than in euroleague where players are more motivated.

I am a bit surprised they feel an urgent need for another SG/SF, afterall Dragič might as well play some minutes there, Taylor said he prefers playing on SG and not SF and in the time Ožbolt comes back he won't have any chance to play with one more guard on the roster.

Capitan
09-20-2007, 03:48 PM
http://www.sportnet.hr/index.aspx?page=news&id=349880

Man this is great:)

elaj
09-20-2007, 06:09 PM
http://www.sportnet.hr/index.aspx?page=news&id=349880

Man this is great:)
Author of this article is Markoishvili, please tell us more... :)

I heard different news, that he was close, but he isn't anymore.

rikhardur
09-20-2007, 06:12 PM
Author of this article is Markoishvili
IBN's Markoishvili?

elaj
09-20-2007, 06:58 PM
IBN's Markoishvili?
As far as I know... :)

Markoishvili
09-20-2007, 08:17 PM
I was told it was "done deal", but there is no offical announcment yet so not really sure what is going on...

Joško Poljak Fan
09-20-2007, 09:55 PM
I was told it was "done deal", but there is no offical announcment yet so not really sure what is going on...
Nothing unussual when talking about Olimpija, they tend to wait for a week or so... same happened with almost every player they've signed this offseason.

And I think the news will be announced when Tau and Olimpija sign the contract, along with announcing Dragič.

Don't know what to think about it really, Barać's talent is undisputable, but his 360k € contract and "the 20 minutes" promise isn't exactly my preferance for Olimpija... I hope the management knows what they're doing (financialy).

boki
09-20-2007, 11:05 PM
I hope Barac will come, but not for such salary and some bs playing time clauses. He should play as much as he deserves.

btw Markoishvili is "Janez" according to his last name :D

Markoishvili
09-20-2007, 11:17 PM
Nothing unussual when talking about Olimpija, they tend to wait for a week or so... same happened with almost every player they've signed this offseason.

And I think the news will be announced when Tau and Olimpija sign the contract, along with announcing Dragič.

Don't know what to think about it really, Barać's talent is undisputable, but his 360k € contract and "the 20 minutes" promise isn't exactly my preferance for Olimpija... I hope the management knows what they're doing (financialy).

I doubt Olimpija will pay his whole salary, and this "20 minutes clause", it is not such a big deal. He would probably play those minutes regardless. It can only hurt his since Becirovic might be frustated with other things influencing his rotation.

Markoishvili
09-20-2007, 11:18 PM
I hope Barac will come, but not for such salary and some bs playing time clauses. He should play as much as he deserves.

btw Markoishvili is "Janez" according to his last name :D

Nope, im Georgian:p . Have some slovenian roots through.

Proph·et
09-21-2007, 12:26 PM
You've been punk'd, you've been owned. You fail! http://www.geo-trotter.com/afrique/images/haha.gif Barac is staying in Tau (http://totalportal.hr/index.php?page=article&article_id=134817).

Capitan
09-21-2007, 05:04 PM
Hmm..can you plz give me some more info becouse i don't know what to think:rolleyes:

elaj
09-23-2007, 01:17 PM
Olimpija is trying out Canadian Manix Auriantal (187cm, 1980, PG) ex Montreal Matrix (ABA). :rolleyes: They could do alot better...

Capitan
09-23-2007, 03:08 PM
Hm they wrote that he is 'visoki kanadski branilec'.I think this is SG? or no?

elaj
09-23-2007, 03:11 PM
Hm they wrote that he is 'visoki kanadski branilec'.I think this is SG? or no?
Dude, it's written "187cm visoki branilec" which means 187cm tall guard. As I googled he plays PG/combo.

Preberi še enkrat kaj piše, navezuje se ti na višino igralca in ne na pozicijo katero igra.

Capitan
09-23-2007, 03:49 PM
jeah..srry i noticed it.

I guess this is back up plan if Dragič won't come..:confused:

elaj
09-24-2007, 09:52 AM
Another player on try out... Olimpija is trying out Chris Booker (208cm, 1981, C) ex Fenerbahce and Tofas Bursa.

There are also some rumours about Vladislav Dragoljović (206cm, 1979, PF/C) being close to Olimpija.

Joško Poljak Fan
09-24-2007, 01:22 PM
and some people are also mentioning Bruno Šundov... where are they getting money from dammit... untill they'll made that clear I won't be calm, with every new player Olimpija is interested about I get that wicked feeling of what would happen if they wouldn't manage to pay them- in that case we're in the low bottom, lower than anything we know... and setting up from the lowest division just as Olimpija had to do it in football...

ArkadiosV2
09-24-2007, 01:27 PM
Nope, im Georgian:p . Have some slovenian roots through.

Where from? Do you live in Georgia?

Joško Poljak Fan
09-24-2007, 01:38 PM
Where from? Do you live in Georgia?
maybee he is living in a street named after Tbilisi or some other georgian stuff, but as far as I know that's still in Zagreb :p

ArkadiosV2
09-24-2007, 02:07 PM
He's got the Georgian Flag up, so i thought he might live there... needed some info. Sorry for OT.

Edit: By the way, Shaakashvili changed this great flag with a faggot flag.

elaj
09-24-2007, 02:12 PM
and some people are also mentioning Bruno Šundov... where are they getting money from dammit... untill they'll made that clear I won't be calm, with every new player Olimpija is interested about I get that wicked feeling of what would happen if they wouldn't manage to pay them- in that case we're in the low bottom, lower than anything we know... and setting up from the lowest division just as Olimpija had to do it in football...
Dragoljović and Booker aren't that expensive centers. Dragoljović has his price set on same level as Jeff Graves, while Booker is cheaper due the fact that he had some (serious) injury problems in the past. That's why Olimpija is trying him out.

Bruno Šundov... I don't like what I'm hearing, I would rather go with a more mobile center who is able to score in the paint - DeMarco Johnson type of player. We already have one "towering center" in Begič, no need for another one, Begič will be back from his injury in about a month.

Markoishvili
09-24-2007, 04:42 PM
I think Dragojlovic would do really well for Olimpija. He is very good finisher, makes great cuts, moving without the ball. Good hands, low turnover ration. Not reallly an intimidating defender, very solid rebounder.

As for Sundov. He said when he was in the NBA: "Im a small forward and they are forcing me to play center. I like playing on the wing". Nuff said. Guy is 220cm and shots like 2-3 3pt per game.

Inspector
09-25-2007, 08:33 AM
I read in Delo that maybe Olimpija will test Ratko Varda. He had some very good games in Real Madrid before he injured a year ago.

elaj
09-25-2007, 02:22 PM
I read in Delo that maybe Olimpija will test Ratko Varda. He had some very good games in Real Madrid before he injured a year ago.
They are also interested in Petar Popovič (211cm, 1979, C). I doubt Varda will come for a try-out. Partizan is also interested in signing him.

According to Delo newspaper Dragoljović already declined to join Olimpija for a quick try-out. He replied them: "You all know me, and you know what I am capable of..." coach Bečirovič said he won't sign a player if that player doesn't come for a quick tryout first.

Capitan
09-26-2007, 01:46 PM
coach Bečirovič said he won't sign a player if that player doesn't come for a quick tryout first.

I respect this..we don't want to see any new Kuzminskas in the team i think..

elaj
09-26-2007, 03:09 PM
Union Olimpija is testing another player. This time Luke Anderson (198cm, 1982, SG/SF) from NCAA2. He was a star player there. :rolleyes:

Joško Poljak Fan
09-26-2007, 03:45 PM
I just hope they'll stay way from Popović, I've seen enough games of his to easily say we don't need a player like him. He leaks in defense and eventhough he can make it up in the offense that's not exactly with offensive rebounds tipping in the trash ball, it's more of a mid-range shots not exactly setting positioning for rebound as his priority, i hate to see that with centers. He would be a decent player, but Olimpija needs a 3dimensional closet to close up the paint and collect some rebounds.
Dragojlović and Varda are more like that...

Capitan
09-27-2007, 06:14 AM
Dragič in UOL!!:)
http://www.prostimet.com/default.asp?rb=3&id=10544

I guess Memi will take Andersen becouse i saw that he is happy wiht his playing.

Joško Poljak Fan
09-27-2007, 09:09 AM
Dragič in UOL!!:)
http://www.prostimet.com/default.asp?rb=3&id=10544

I guess Memi will take Andersen becouse i saw that he is happy wiht his playing.
sorry Capitan, but I wouldn't 100% relly on prostimet.com... they're making guesses over there and according to what was written on this forum regarding Prigioni&Tau their guesses are partially wrong as well.

Inspector
09-27-2007, 05:02 PM
I really hope Dragič will come in Olimpija, but I am a little skeptical about it because of all the things that are happening around his signing with Olimpija in last weeks.

Meanwhile Andersen should be a serious candidate for Olimpija, I heard. I didn't have the opportunity to watch yesterday's match with Helios (I don't have Sportklub TV...:( ), but I heard promising things about him. Someone said that he reminds on Darren Henrie, who has played in Olimpija 10 years ago.

Of course, it's difficult to judge a player after only 1 game... Does anyone knows more about him?

Inspector
09-28-2007, 02:32 PM
I guess that means Dragič is of Olimpija for this season...

http://www.union.olimpija.com/4/11/5749/

Sen
09-28-2007, 04:17 PM
Hopefully so, though there is no official confirmation yet.

Even more, the official Union Olimpija site still mentions Dragic as a member of Tau Ceramica. However, he joined the practice with the club, so a loan to Olimpija seems likely... ;)

Capitan
09-28-2007, 04:48 PM
btw...Dragič is still player of TAU becouse he have a contract with Tau not with UOL and if he come for loan that still means that he is TAU player;)

Sen
09-30-2007, 06:47 AM
btw...Dragič is still player of TAU becouse he have a contract with Tau not with UOL and if he come for loan that still means that he is TAU player;)

Of course.
What I wanted to point out is that the tone of UOL site was quite reserved.

Actually I kinda like this year's restrained PR, it seems that many transfers were announced days or even weeks after the official signing. :cool:

elaj
10-01-2007, 02:30 PM
Union Olimpija finnaly got Goran Dragič from TAU Ceramica on loan for one season. :D

They also signed Luke Anderson on two years contract with an option that they can break the contract anytime if player isn't what they were looking for.

Mate Skelin is being tested.

- Goran Dragič (192cm, 1986, PG/SG)
- Luke Anderson (198cm, 1982, SG/SF)
- Mirko Mulalič (195cm, 1988, SG/SF)

Mayo
10-01-2007, 05:40 PM
I really like Olimpija's chances this year,i believe Ljubljana could surprise some people,from this team i especially like Milic,Dragic and Slavnic,very nice team,just unlucky that Jurak left,he is playing for us really well,i like his warrior mentality,he could become one of my favorite players in Zalgiris,as for Kuzminskas,he is playing absolutely great for Siauliai(3rd best Lithuanian team,playing in ULEB cup,he is making a double double almost every game..anyway,i will be supporting Olimpija all this season...except ofcourse when you play against Zalgiris:D

zwbgr
10-01-2007, 07:49 PM
Where do you see Slavnić? You mean Hukić? I'm sure you'll be surprised by Bailey and Taylor, they're both very good players.
And Žalgiris will be beaten again. Twice. :D

Mayo
10-01-2007, 07:54 PM
yes,lol i have no idea why i said Slavnic..and about beating Zalgiris..its possible,but only in your home court,in Kaunas i predict a +8 at least for us

elaj
10-01-2007, 09:05 PM
Sašo Ožbolt who is still currently recovering from his long term injury of his knee finally got paid what Olimpija owed him all those years according to manager Rajgelj. They decided to break the contract which Sašo Ožbolt still had for this season and will re-negoatiate another one. He is for sure staying in Olimpija, they will probably try to re-negotiate abit lower salary considering he was injured last three seasons by major knee injuries. His comeback is scheduled for January 2008.

Rajgelj also said that Olimpija is paying back their debts day by day, and they are on like 1/3 of the way. I hope this sanitation of financial status will go as planned and players will be paid on time during this season.

Joško Poljak Fan
10-01-2007, 09:10 PM
I didn't get the feeling that he is staying in Olimpija for 100%... and afterall trying to negotiate a lower contract with Ožbolt while his manager is Mira Poljo? the hell will freeze over :D

I'm glad this is over, afterall it wasn't exactly nice from previous Olimpija's management to behave like that and it threw a bad image on whole club...

Joško Poljak Fan
10-02-2007, 12:10 PM
in the latest article by Siol, obviously Rajgelj and Ožbolt agree regarding his comeback with Olimpija. Olimpija needs old Ožbolt back and Ožbolt needs Olimpija for his comeback... terminated contract I guess was in favour of Olimpija that doesn't need to pay his "not so small considering the circumstances" salary this way...

Capitan
10-02-2007, 03:06 PM
Mate Skelin is training with UOL:)

If he will be good enough they will sign him;)

elaj
10-02-2007, 08:08 PM
Mate Skelin is training with UOL:)

If he will be good enough they will sign him;)
After only one day on try-out coach decided that there is no sense to test him furthermore. :rolleyes:

Chris Booker is staying with the team, they still didn't decided what to do with him. He played terrible one game, but vs. Maccabi he really did good. It was seen that he was trying his best.

Goran Dragič's letter of clearance still didn't come to Ljubljana that's why he probably won't play tomorrow vs. Geoplin Slovan in the first round of Adriatic League.

Ratko Varda, Petar Popović and Vladislav Dragoljović seem to be lost for Olimpija because they don't want to come for a try-out and coach strictly said that he will not sign a center unless he sees him on few days practise.

Buducnost PG
10-02-2007, 08:17 PM
After only one day on try-out coach decided that there is no sense to test him furthermore. :rolleyes:

Chris Booker is staying with the team, they still didn't decided what to do with him. He played terrible one game, but vs. Maccabi he really did good. It was seen that he was trying his best.

Goran Dragič's letter of clearance still didn't come to Ljubljana that's why he probably won't play tomorrow vs. Geoplin Slovan in the first round of Adriatic League.

Ratko Varda, Petar Popović and Vladislav Dragoljović seem to be lost for Olimpija because they don't want to come for a try-out and coach strictly said that he will not sign a center unless he sees him on few days practise.

Sportskacentrala wrote that a serbian players was succesfull with the training in a spanish team and will sign contract with them. That can only be Popovic. No other serbian player was on training with a spanish team in the last weeks.

ffalkec
10-02-2007, 09:37 PM

http://www.dnevnik.si/tiskane_izdaje/dnevnik/272154/?newsletter

if I understood this correctly, Olimpija still didn't pay whatever they have to pay to Tau, to get Dragic. So I wouldn't be 100% sure he will really play for Olimpija :(

ArkadiosV2
10-02-2007, 09:41 PM
Why would they pay? Didn't TAU say they will be paying Dragic' contract themselves?

ffalkec
10-02-2007, 09:48 PM
I'm not sure, cause I read somewhere that Dragic said, he'll get paid by Tau. Then somewhere else I read that Olimpija is supposed to pay 2/3 of his salary. Meanwhile in this report it doesn't say anything about his salary, it is just writen, that he should become Olimpijas player for this season as soon as Olimpija pays to Tau to amount of money that both teams agreed on.

Joško Poljak Fan
10-02-2007, 11:13 PM
As far as I understood, Olimpija has to transfer 2/3 of Dragič's salary (the ammount they'll be paying) to Tau for the whole season, while Tau will add that 1/3 and pay Dragič monthly. Considering the financial discipline of Olimpija in the past that's more or less expected precaution since otherwise Dragič might be ending up with only 1/3 of his salary which he receives from Tau.

ffalkec
10-03-2007, 08:23 AM
OK, this makes sense. Any news if he will be playing tonight?

Inspector
10-03-2007, 11:02 AM
Probably Dragič will not play tonight as he is still waiting for the letter of clearance.

woma
10-03-2007, 06:55 PM

I was told that his back problems was the main reason.

elaj
10-03-2007, 07:57 PM
Olimpija lost their first game in Adriatic League vs. Slovan 76:78. :rolleyes: Only one thing makes me happy - I guess Slovan has quite competative roster.

They outrebounded us with 14 offensive rebounds, while Olimpija had only 8. They were also 50% from 3pt line (10/20) ... I still can't believe it that Modrić scored 24 points on us... ahh, I don't know what to say, I expected an easy victory.

Pija_Olimp
10-04-2007, 06:55 AM
23 actually.

In the beggining it looked like an easy game for Olimpija untill Slovan recollected themselves.
But after loosing focus some three minuts to the end, when Slovan made a significant difference, I was very surprised we were still in the position to win in the last attack. :rolleyes:

Anyway.... I'm glad that the season has started. I didn't know that I missed bball so much.

Joško Poljak Fan
10-04-2007, 01:18 PM
I hate the fact I was too lazy to go to the game :rolleyes:

If Olimpija had to loose, than I'm glad it's Slovan (city rivalry? what's that), I hope also that things I've heard on the radio are true and Slovan does play better than the last season. As long as Martič is in charge of Helios we need strong Slovan, since it would be a big damage if Slo lost 3rd place in adriatic league this year, just when Krka and Laško are showing some healthy ambitions to slowely get back there.

I hope Bailey&Taylor aren't pulling out that typical for some US players behaviour, like not caring for anything but the top competition we play in (euroleague). Some players have troubles understanding that those games are important as well... hopefully it was just a bad day.

in any case, congratulations to Slovan. In the past they did have troubles playing up to the same level with foreign clubs as they do with slovenian, if that's not the case this year they could end up in much better position than last year. Looking forward to their youngster development as well...

btw. wasn't Vesely announced for Olimpija at some point of the offseason? I remember some people screaming to the sky who the hell did we sign, back than- i think that was Vesely :rolleyes:

Inspector
10-04-2007, 05:32 PM
However, yesterday when I watched the game at Kodeljevo I had a good feeling about Olimpija. It's true that they've played only 15 minutes of good basketball, but in comparison with last two seasons I've got the feeling that this year in Olimpija there might be a roster in witch everyone is able to explode in a single match.

After the game Bečirovič said, that maybe they are not going to search for any new player if Booker will make a good impression and Begič will be able to play as well as he did before the injury. I am scared about this idea, if you imagine Olimpija in Euroleague with only 4 players as C or PF. It's true that Jasmin Hukič might be playing also as a PF, but in fact he is only a SF and not a real PF.

I can't wait to see Dragič playing for Olimpija on Sathurday. He should be really a great support for them.

Capitan
10-05-2007, 02:54 PM
Dragić finnaly got green ligiht to play :)

Booker signed 3 months long contract if he will be good enough he will get more.

Joško Poljak Fan
10-14-2007, 01:23 PM
Prostimet is reporting that Justin Cage might come to try-outs to replace Anderson in the team.
Also according to those reports Mirza Begić will start practicing with the team tommorow.
draftexpress (http://www.draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=1263) describes Cage as a good defender, smart one along that, but mediocre outside shooter and preferably a SF. It would sound nice if Olimpija wouldn't need more of a SG/SF with preference on long range shooting. This signing would practically mean Olimpija doesn't need Dončič at all...

elaj
10-14-2007, 05:39 PM
Prostimet is reporting that Justin Cage might come to try-outs to replace Anderson in the team.
Also according to those reports Mirza Begić will start practicing with the team tommorow.
draftexpress (http://www.draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=1263) describes Cage as a good defender, smart one along that, but mediocre outside shooter and preferably a SF. It would sound nice if Olimpija wouldn't need more of a SG/SF with preference on long range shooting. This signing would practically mean Olimpija doesn't need Dončič at all...
I kind of like how they are bulding the team. I hope Cage is in good shape and will be able to adapt to European style of game quickly.

Cage is described as a player which can play three positions SG/SF and on times also PF. Dončič, Hukić can play SF/PF, while Cage will probably play on SF/SG, that makes sense, they need a player in rotation and experienced guy like Dončič is always good to have in the team. Also Taylor is very combo player (SG/SF), same goes for Bailey and Dragič who can play on PG and SG, more combo players you have, more unpredictable team you are.

Still, strong DEFENSIVE C is a must.

Markoishvili
10-15-2007, 06:49 AM
Still, strong DEFENSIVE C is a must.

Josko Poljak is available.:D

Joško Poljak Fan
10-15-2007, 09:10 AM
Josko Poljak is available.:D
:eek: :rolleyes: :D ... dunno if I prefer Poljak or Bader...
Smiljan Pavič is also available...

When I've read Cage occasionaly played PF in NCAA I was getting kind of afraid this might mean Memi is willing to put play Begič/Booker at C, with Zupan, Milič, Hukić and Cage occasionaly playing PF. I like these tweeners/combo's as well, but It would be a bit weird to have 4 SF/PF's in the team with Dončič coming along.
I still think Olimpija needs a defensive minded C and a long shooter at SG/SF with "a bit" better defense than Anderson. While Cage doesn't fit neither of these two... we'll see what exactly Memi has in his mind...

Inspector
10-15-2007, 12:48 PM
Also Rizvič iz free now.

I think Pavič would be the best solution for Olimpija on the position of C. I hope they will sign him, I don't believe he is going to return in Domžale...

Joško Poljak Fan
10-15-2007, 12:49 PM
:eek: :rolleyes: :D ... dunno if I prefer Poljak or Bader...
Smiljan Pavič is also available...
just while we mention it, Hasan Rizvič is leaving Slask as well.
Unless Olimpija really gets some Anagonye type center (maybee even with a centimeter or two more) both Rizvič and Pavič wouldn't be exactly the optimal solution, but imo Olimpija invested a lot of playing time in these two in the past and one of those might be a positive surprise in the mid-term, nevermind "the love" of some fans towards them. Centers mature later, maybee one of them matured enough for euroleague. Signing one of these two is way better than only Begič and Booker playing center...
If not I hope Helios would get either Smiljan or Hasan, they imo really need a player like that under the rim if they're not exactly willing to give young Krušič a chance.

elaj
10-15-2007, 01:46 PM
When I've read Cage occasionaly played PF in NCAA I was getting kind of afraid this might mean Memi is willing to put play Begič/Booker at C, with Zupan, Milič, Hukić and Cage occasionaly playing PF. I like these tweeners/combo's as well, but It would be a bit weird to have 4 SF/PF's in the team with Dončič coming along.
I still think Olimpija needs a defensive minded C and a long shooter at SG/SF with "a bit" better defense than Anderson. While Cage doesn't fit neither of these two... we'll see what exactly Memi has in his mind...
Well, just few thoughts of a friend who watched Justin Cage last season in NCAA... Cage is a SF/SG, all around player, not ready yet for Euroleague, can score, penetrator, very strong guy, good defender and can also shot from long range.

I guess if Olimpija signs Pavič we need to keep Booker or even better, find a stronger US player.

benchWarmer
10-15-2007, 08:50 PM
Hello you guys over in Slovenia! I´m a TAU Baskonia supporter though I live in Cologne. I saw some stats of the young Dragič and he´s doing well... We hope he can replace Planinic next year.

Anyway, I´ll come around sometimes to see how he´s going. Maybe we can change some impressions.

Good luck and till the next time in the euroleague!

benchWarmer

Inspector
10-16-2007, 05:22 AM
Unbelievable, there is the 3rd free agent player in one day - Željko Zagorac, who has been in serious contacts with Olimpija before the season, he also refused to play for our NT, because of his new contract wit Rostov... And now he is free only after a couple of months...

There are suddenly Rizvič, Pavič and Zagorac in serious combinations with Olimpija, Slovan and Helios...

ArkadiosV2
10-16-2007, 12:28 PM
Miroslav Raičević is probably leaving Napoli. Are Serbs considered foreigners in Slovenia?

Joško Poljak Fan
10-16-2007, 01:30 PM
Miroslav Raičević is probably leaving Napoli. Are Serbs considered foreigners in Slovenia?
euroleague has no limits for that, adriatic neither, while Olimpija only needs 5 slovenians if I am not mistaken for the national championship (Milič, Dragič, Zupan, Begič, Močnik, Dončič, Ožbolt-if/when he comes back... we have enough of them)

As far as I remember Raičević he is still not exactly the type of player Olimpija needs, just as with Pavič, Rizvič and Zagorac, but afterall finances will be the criteria. And he could be a better signing than any of the slovenians listed above...

I am definately against signing Zagorac though, we already have an undersized PF in Milič while Zagorac prooved he can't play on this level even more than Pavič and Rizvič have. Having too many PF's isn't a good thing and with only Begič being a full time center and Milič, Zupan, Hukič, Booker, (Cage?) able to play PF Zagorac should be out of the question at least for his height...

Helios is acting stupid though... release Ingram and Martič and sign whichever of the 3 players available for that money. Slovan should probably do the same with Jovanović and Šamadan...

elaj
10-16-2007, 08:01 PM
Coach Bečirovič said that Pavič isn't among main candidats because he isn't a true defensive center... Luke Anderson has 14 more days to prove himself, then his one month contract will be finnished, if he will be succesfull they have clause in the contract which extends the contract for next two years.

woma
10-16-2007, 11:02 PM
I don't know how much money Olimpija has, but Ruben Boumtje-Boumtje is available for around 120k USD. Don't think they can get somebody better, unless they would have much, much bigger money,

Joško Poljak Fan
10-16-2007, 11:56 PM
I don't know how much money Olimpija has, but Ruben Boumtje-Boumtje is available for around 120k USD. Don't think they can get somebody better, unless they would have much, much bigger money,
oh sh*t... indeed, and suits just perfectly to Olimpija's needs... praying, praying, praying, praying (nothing else helps... maybee even that doesn't)....:(

Inspector
10-17-2007, 12:25 PM
Does anybody know something about the possible new C for Olimpija. Are there any players close to Olimpija in this moment?

Inspector
10-17-2007, 12:35 PM
BTW... For those who doesn't have the opportunity to watch SportKlub tv, there are some transmissions also on TV Koper at the same time. The comment is in italian, but it's better than nothing...

I was watching the game against Hemofarm, today I noticed, that there will be the replica of one NLB league match - I think it should be the match from Beograd, just after the football game.

BTW...
...Pavič in AEK...
http://sportal.siol.net/default.asp?article_id=10041010710171320260

Buducnost PG
10-17-2007, 02:58 PM
BTW... For those who doesn't have the opportunity to watch SportKlub tv, there are some transmissions also on TV Koper at the same time. The comment is in italian, but it's better than nothing...

I was watching the game against Hemofarm, today I noticed, that there will be the replica of one NLB league match - I think it should be the match from Beograd, just after the football game.

BTW...
...Pavič in AEK...
http://sportal.siol.net/default.asp?article_id=10041010710171320260

TV Koper are they available per sat? I have one channel that is slovenian, but they the most time talk italian. They also showed all games of slovenian NT on eurobasket in italian language. The name of this channel is TV K-C.

Joško Poljak Fan
10-17-2007, 03:04 PM
TV Koper are they available per sat? I have one channel that is slovenian, but they the most time talk italian. They also showed all games of slovenian NT on eurobasket in italian language. The name of this channel is TV K-C.
yes, that would be TV Koper - Capodistria, established for all 3000 members of italian minority in Slovenia, while Italy canceled even founding of slovenian radio station for 80-100.000 members of slovenian minority on italian side... we're too nice :rolleyes:
TV koper was also broadcasting euroleague games in the past, I think it'll be the same this year (if TV Slo gets the rights)

Buducnost PG
10-17-2007, 03:09 PM
yes, that would be TV Koper - Capodistria, established for all 3000 members of italian minority in Slovenia, while Italy canceled even founding of slovenian radio station for 80-100.000 members of slovenian minority on italian side... we're too nice :rolleyes:
TV koper was also broadcasting euroleague games in the past, I think it'll be the same this year (if TV Slo gets the rights)

Thanks. I was realy wondering, how it come that there is a italian channel in Slovenia. I even know before that there are few italians in slovenia living, but i always thougt, that is a small number. As i saw the channel i thougt i was wrong and thought that there must be around 50.000. But i never checked it. But now i see, that what i thought 1st was right. The italians should be the happiest minority in the world. 3000 people and a TV channel.:D

elaj
10-18-2007, 06:12 PM
Justin Cage didn't satisfiy and already left Ljubljana.

Inspector
10-19-2007, 05:27 AM
That probably means that Anderson is going to stay...

Capitan
10-19-2007, 10:00 AM
Yes but i think this is good becouse Anderson can really shoot ball well but mybe we must make some plays for him..He must get room for shot.
With mybe 2 or 3 tactics on him in euroleague he can get about 6 points and this is oky.

Inspector
10-19-2007, 11:06 AM
There's no doubt he is talented, in some months he could become an important player. The thing is, that Olimpija need a good player/shooter immediately, just at the beginning of Euroleague, and that's Bečirovič's major problem in my opinion.

The other American - Booker, IMO, has shown some very good performances and I think they should extend his contract for a year or two. I was very impressed of his ability to block shots in last few games. He proved to be a team player, very rational and smart, with good sense for rebounding.

I also noticed Bečirovič modified a little his style of changing players. In first two, three games he made too much of substitutions and that didn't influenced good. Now I have the feeling he is playing with 8-9 players and it's much better.

Joško Poljak Fan
10-21-2007, 12:41 PM
Olimpija - Cibona 84-80 after overtime

Taylor isn' the same as few weeks ago, Bečirovič said he is getting homesick and missing his family, while i really hope that he isn't motivated up to 100% in adriatic league or better put it: has some reserves from the attitude point of view- that's imo visible from his defense which was outstanding in the preseason but just decent in the adriatic league. He showed he can play before, now hopefully we didn't already witness his best games in the preseason...
Zupan - lost for the 3rd game in a row. Don't have a slightest idea about what is going on with him. failing in defense, to's in offense, loosing easy rebounds... while only players he would have to adopt to and hasn't played with before are the americans and Hukić.
Booker improved his defense to some extent, obviously he is being tutored about it and the progress is getting visible (and let's hope that wasn't just a bright flash from his part), but interior defense and closing the space for def. rebounding are still a big weaknesses.

Olimpija should slow down the pace a bit and try to be efficient instead of flashy in the fast breaks. While Memi claims Olimpija will try to build their game on the fast breaks, that's imposible when you're not getting those defensive rebounds... confused Zupan and not yet adjusted to euro bball defense Booker are loosing lots of rebounds in the paint as well as being outplayed in defense.

the game got me mad :rolleyes:

Inspector
10-23-2007, 03:03 PM
Finnaly the comfirmation on the national tv (rtvslo), there will be the trasmission of tomorrow's game.
I hope they've got the contract for the whole year, not only for one game, as it happened for adriatic league.

elaj
10-23-2007, 08:28 PM
Olimpija should soon announce again the signing of Hasan Rizvić (210cm, 1984, C). They are still searching for a starting center, though.

As I heard Rizvić was/will be signed because they are suspecting that Mirza Begić could have some serious problems with his knee in the future.

- Chris Booker (208cm, 1981, PF/C)

Joško Poljak Fan
10-24-2007, 10:09 AM
also Boris Gorenc is rumoured to come back after a decade abroad. If he fits in the team... than I am more than satisfied with our perimeter... the most optimistic prognosis after the end of the season never included players as we have on the roster right now- good job to the management, let it be Rajgelj, Memi or anyone else...

PG: Dragič, Bailey, Močnik
SG: Taylor, Gorenc, (Ožbolt)
SF: Hukić, Dončič
C: Begič, Booker, Rizvič

by any mean the best team Olimpija got since the "crash-down" period in 2001-2003, and probably worth much more on the market than those 1.5-1.7 mio € Olimpija will reportedly spend this year.

Still I'd be happy if Booker played at least on the level of defense he showed vs. Cibona and maybee improve that a bit and would be closing the space in defense better. We've seen some good improvement from him in those 3 weeks here, it'd be nice if he continues that pace. I hope what you're saying about Begič isn't true (although I believe you :o ), but to me Rizvič isn't that bad of a signing, eventhough most fans of Olimpija would have to see him somewhere in Helios for example posting big numbers to want him back, for his price it's the best you can get on the market.
and once again, if only the group wouldn't be as tough...

elaj
10-26-2007, 01:27 PM
Union Olimpija signed Hasan Rizvić untill end of season. Bailey is out injured for 10 days.

Anderson should be released at the end of the month.

- Chris Booker (208cm, 1981, PF/C)
- Hasan Rizvić (210cm, 1984, C)

Inspector
10-30-2007, 10:07 AM
Bečirovič confirmed Olimpija is not going to look for another C. They will try to find a good SG/SF, able to score 10-15 pts/game in Euroleague.

That probably means Booker is going to stay till the end of season, meanwhile Anderson probably is leaving due to his catastrophic defense performance.

Joško Poljak Fan
11-07-2007, 06:42 PM
Boris Gorenc signed with Olimpija. Now we've got 2 quality but injured players, I know he was relatively cheap at this stage, but neverimnd the positive signings of this aquisition (which should prevail) Olimpija is getting more and more foul prone. we, fans actually should get used to it untill now, but later at the end of the season this could represent some issues...
also with Bailey, Dragič, Taylor, Gorenc, Hukić, Dončič and Ožbolt there isn't much room for Močnik... I hope he'd get his chance at least on some adriatic league games.
This should mean Anderson is out...

Joško Poljak Fan
11-07-2007, 11:59 PM
Olimpija - CSKA 74-72 :cool:

As ussual Messina has his method with starting Savrašenko emphasizing the game in the paint to concentrate the defense and make it easier for the guards. I was thinking about that option before the game and Begič indeed did a huge job, nicely preventing CSKA from making some big damage under the rim. Luckily with CSKA's defensive orientated lineup which Messina ussualy starts, Hukić went on fire with those 3 triples which imo had a big part on todays game flow.
If I am not mistaken in third quarter CSKA was held on 1 point for more than 3 minutes, while after 5 minutes the partial score was sth. like 3-4.... we did score only 3, but letting CSKA score only 4 points in 5 minutes is an achievement... although at that time I was cursing a lot, wasting such a good 5 minutes defensive span by scoring one triple only isn't supposed to bring a victory...

as ussual great defense on the perimeter since players as Langdon, Šiškauskas, Zissis, Papa went almost unoticed through the game, simmilar to the way Teodošić, Macas and Greer looked like a week ago.

before the season I wasn't absolutely sure how Bečirović would pan out, even if optimistic scenario was prevailing... but I think right now we can build up a temple to Rajgelj for signing this man to a 3 years contract. offense and set's plays there are not yet automatic and sometimes look weird because of that but other from that only thing i resent to Memi Bečirovič is that he didn't reproduce more Sani's...:p

HDx-3bG4C30

ArkadiosV2
11-08-2007, 12:03 AM
I take my hat off to Becirovic.

PS: It is never too late to produce more Sanis :)

I don't think Memi was worried about perimetre defence on Papaloukas, his long shooting skills are limited, he is dangerous when penetrating due to his heght.

Joško Poljak Fan
11-08-2007, 11:53 AM
I take my hat off to Becirovic.

PS: It is never too late to produce more Sanis :)

I don't think Memi was worried about perimetre defence on Papaloukas, his long shooting skills are limited, he is dangerous when penetrating due to his heght.
okay, missexpressed myself, was considering Papa in there more as a perimeter player and if we consider those P&R's on the top of the key that's on perimeter and was well defended yesterday...

never thought of starting 2-1, was more like afraid of starting 0-5, which wouldn't be impossible at all in this group with this schedule.
I think Olimpija won't neccesarily repeat the same game on the road, but in the next 6 games on the road one or two upsets wouldn't hurt at all, along with 2-3 more home wins (most of all I was thinking about Virtus, Prokom, Žalgiris here...) which should be within the teams limits and that should mostlikely be enough for qualifying to top16, something I had troubles believing at this hour a week ago...
But as Milič (or Hukić) said, the team could also lose all next games in a row. With the financial state it's a good thing those two victories occured, sanation of the club should be easier with good results and media/people interest for the club...

Pija_Olimp
11-09-2007, 02:46 PM
but neverimnd the positive signings of this aquisition (which should prevail) ...
Is there any? I mean who on Earth would like BG in his/her team? :rolleyes:
And I'm not talking injuries this time.

Joško Poljak Fan
11-09-2007, 04:08 PM
Is there any? I mean who on Earth would like BG in his/her team? :rolleyes:
And I'm not talking injuries this time.
we've already talked once about the rumours appearing in slovenian basketball... and from there on it's just a matter on which perspective you look from, same for Gorenc's role at EC03 in Sweden.
I can't guarantee he'll fit in the team as many would've wished, but I do believe he was a bit too demonised after what was going on in Sweden, due to some journalist reports later becoming the exemplar "locker room nightmare" in eyes of a vast majority of fans. In the end, time will tell if it was a good move or not, but you must admit that when you consider Gorenc instead of Anderson, it's hard to believe this roster move could be for the worse...

Joško Poljak Fan
11-12-2007, 11:19 PM
we've just got a new president elected, but still on Val 202 radio station Memi got elected for the person of the week :D ...it just shows how Lubljana was hungry for their basketball team. (not that the guy writing down Ljubljana is one of the most basketball-uninterested towns in EL read that right now :rolleyes: )

Jurak will sure give his best this week I am a bit worried about that. Žalgiris wasn't up to their optimal shape vs. Prokom, but the worrying fact is that they got crushed by Siena just the way Olimpija was in the first round and they might be in urge for a win especially with CSKA and Oly following up on the road along with hosting Tau after that. Don't like the fact they got rid of Beard... and along with trying to improve the bad image they've left vs. Siena, Žalgiris has a lot to proove this week, while Olimpija faced two underestimating teams in the last two weeks.
Along with seeing on how can this team perform on the road, i'll be anxious to finally see what Bailey is capable of doing on this level. We can't judge him on one game vs. Siena solely, although you don't see many players playing as bad in whole EL season as he did back than.

One more issue is the rebounding. Žalgiris so far noticably outrebounded their opponents (including Siena) with Jurak (8rpg), Jankunas (6.7 rpg), Žukauskas (5.7rpg) and Maciulis (5rpg) while most of Olimpija fans were concerned with rebounding prior to the begining of the season.

xxax
11-16-2007, 08:03 PM
The concept of time out apparently eludes Bečirovič. How the HELL can you let a team have a 18-0 run WITHOUT CALLING A FUCKING TIME-OUT.

This game was lost due to tactical inferiority.

Brusli
11-18-2007, 10:42 AM
Hy I am new Olimpija fan on this site.
After wins against Olympiacos and CSKA I decided to create an Olimpija wallpaper calendar and share it with you and here is the first one.
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/9657/wallnovemberjpgwp3.th.jpg (http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wallnovemberjpgwp3.jpg)

ArkadiosV2
11-19-2007, 07:11 AM
Brusi nice job...

But WTF is wrong with Olimpija? They lost 4 games in the Adriatic either in OT, or 1 and 2 points difference...

Joško Poljak Fan
11-19-2007, 10:06 AM
Brusi nice job...

But WTF is wrong with Olimpija? They lost 4 games in the Adriatic either in OT, or 1 and 2 points difference...
I'm deciding yet on what is that supposed to be... lack of motivation by some players, tiredness from long trips, psyhological issues, all along the fact team isn't playing their optimal and obviously has a big handicap abroad sth like that :rolleyes:

Joško Poljak Fan
11-27-2007, 01:27 PM
Olimpija and Anderson parted their way on mutual agreement.
I am surprised he lasted that long really, the question now is: who is next?

Memi explained it on TV that it's a bit hard to change the team during this stage of the season, while the team is waiting for Gorenc and Ožbolt to come back. Taking a look from financial perspective there aren't really many options here.

ArkadiosV2
11-27-2007, 01:51 PM
Is Olimpija really that poor? I mean... i know a handful of 'small calibre' clubs that have found great americans with just 50-70 000 Euros.

Why can't Olimpija do this too? It takes simple contact with agents and basic scouting...

elaj
11-27-2007, 03:29 PM
Is Olimpija really that poor? I mean... i know a handful of 'small calibre' clubs that have found great americans with just 50-70 000 Euros.

Why can't Olimpija do this too? It takes simple contact with agents and basic scouting...
Olimpija isn't that poor as people think. They have budget for players around 1.500.000€, but the thing is that Olimpija's scouting for US players always sucked. A simple contract in the summer with a decent scout who would work with the coach (that's not expensive) would do it. Lots of "small calibre" clubs do that.

Joško Poljak Fan
11-27-2007, 05:00 PM
I tend to agree that Olimpija signed more scrubs than decent US players. It wasn't that hard to notice Ariel McDonald, than Taylor and Henrie were decent... but from those times... Anagonye... and that's it. Just as Woma and JonathanG indicated occasionaly, scouting and team management is at despicable level in lots of european clubs. I still think Olimpija gets slightly above that average, but there is a chance for improvement obviously.

Regarding money, they probably could find some € for one more player, but the sanation plan still comes first in importance, in case they solve that, money shouldn't really be an issue than in a city like Ljubljana, which still has bball as it's traditional no.1 and as a city-area that has a relatively high GNP per capita.
And in current condition Olimpija wants to avoid the risk of bringing over few more players that wouldn't pan out, believing that passiveness is cheaper than trying out 3-5 new players from which one might be up to the level demanded by the coach.

Also Ožbolt and Gorenc are coming back, so the team will have to get through this period of next month or two wating for both and it wouldn't be rational imo to sign some new guards untill those two come back from injuries.

Joško Poljak Fan
12-03-2007, 01:16 AM
Ronnel Taylor sat on the bench in the game vs. Zagreb due to discipline reasons, reportedly not playing defense andnot obeying the coach's directives. we'll have to wait to see how such move would pan out for the future.

Joško Poljak Fan
12-17-2007, 08:29 PM
"The explosive Milič" by euroleague TV
NQ_uqbRnCFU

elaj
01-06-2008, 11:21 AM
Mehmet Becirovic resigned, Andrej Urlep is rumoured to be his replacement. :(

Among candidats are also Teoman Alibegović, Danijel Jusup and Aleksandar Džikić.

Joško Poljak Fan
01-06-2008, 12:08 PM
Just freaking great...
first we get rid of overperforming Mahorič in a great manner, than Filipovski, to get Pino Grdović, he of course screwed up so Sagadin & Filipovski come to a rescue, but needless to say we can screw them both for Okorn to get a chance of leading the EL team... and when replacing him with Memi I was finaly convienced that we've got ourself a coach for the next 3 years and just some basic stability in the club... and now this. Screw that... Rajgelj was deciding between 2 mediocre US players and a good coach and yet he deicided for two mediocre players nevermind those actually are growing on the trees unlike competent and promising coaches.
dissapointed... how many more coaches will this club manage to screw up, really? ... finaly a statline, where we're the leading club in europe :rolleyes:

Urlep? absolutely can't stand him, If he has had enough of beating his wife he can try beating me for a change, I won't decline... Jusup? have seen enough of him, so in this dissapointing moment I hope Alibegović would be the one getting a chance... and even if he does that's probably for the next freaking half a year considering the way things were going in the club since the Sagadin era.

elaj
01-06-2008, 09:20 PM
Serb Aleksandar Džikić is new coach of Union Olimpija untill end of season. He worked as an assistent coach in Partizan and Minnesota Timberwolves. He was also coach of some youth selections of Serbia.

We will see how this will turn out. He is not so experienced, but his resume looks good. I hope he will stay more than just a season and I hope he will forfill the goals we had before the season.

To be honest... everyone else except Jusup or Urlep would be my picks... :)

Joško Poljak Fan
01-06-2008, 10:39 PM
agreed on that... I mean this is a relief... eventhough I'm still angry about switching coaches like an underwear...

Alyosha12
01-07-2008, 01:22 PM
Thank GOD its not Urlep, i was worried for a moment.

Still i like Becirovic and im sad to see him go, but TBH he picked the players he should have pland ahead.

Joško Poljak Fan
02-01-2008, 11:04 PM
some parts of Milič's interview from siol.net

What can you say about your boxing match with senegal player (Sow)?
You've got to know Sow gave loads of punches to Zupan and Hukić before that, they were complaining about that. I was warning the referees about his rough game, but we're not Real Madrid to make them change their opinions. I received some punches from his side, while after the last punch with the elbow the reaction was just a matter of reflexes.

How do you look at the fact that Olimpija can't catch the train for the top16 in last few years? is that a matter of finances, that can't allow quality signings or is it something else?
Olimpija doesn't have their own players anymore. In the past we've had big help from foreign young players as Boisa or Markoishvili for example. Those players weren't expensive, but contributed a lot. There is no effective work with youth in Olimpija. Problems appear when you sign a foreigner of doubtfull quality that doesn't feel the local patriotism. To americans Olimpija means the same as Celovec (=Klagenfurt :D). Olimpija should bring young slovenian players and legionaires playing abroad that want to come back, since the financial state improved. I think we should build the future on that. Than probably it wouldn't be happening anymore to fell out of top16 as in last few years when we were always close to it.

Unlike in previous season, when you've accepted Real's offer due to financial situation in the club, you probably don't mean to go abroad?
I'd like to stay without any doubt. Right now it's the time when heavy offers are being offered. I have to admit I was seriously thinking about acceptiong one of those. I've got an offer from Tau which a normal guy mostlikely wouldn't deny. Their offer was way bigger than Olimpija's one, you get nuts by such an offer, but I denied it. If we started to work on the project of a new Olimpija, I want to stay untill the end with it.Of course I want an answer from management that they're counting on me. The people responsible want to sign the contract at the end of the season, but I don't want to see the last years story again, when me and Miha were the only ones in the club from the previous team. I said that the team has to decide within the next 14 days what do they intend to do... I don't want to sign one year contrat either, but for longer period than just that, because family adapted to Ljubljana, wife is studying and my daughter is going to school.

Were you talking with your teamates about their offers from abroad?
There is no secret here, it's normal those offers are coming. I know Hukić wants to stay in the club. He said to me that Tivoli atmosphere is something special for him, you get aditional motive and adrenaline. I hope that the guys responsible in the club would realise that keeping the core of the team along with some slovenian reinforcements from abroad would be a good thing. I don't think they'd demand that much if they'd get in Tivoli. I hope something like that would happen, so Olimpija would again represent a fearsome opponent when hosting teams- or even when visiting.

Ljubljana said goodbye to euroleague for this season, now you've got the national competitions and adriatic league...
It'll be better for us now when we'll have one game per week only. Coach Džikić will have more room to work with youngsters this way. In the mornings he uses to work a lot with them in the morning and the progress is obvious. For example Begić. With him we got a center that scares opponents in defense, with his up to 5 blocks per game. With the paint getting locked we can press much more agresively outside. I think the level of our game will only go up from now. But it's true that Džikić couldn't do anything special when he arived. He needs time as well and so far he is doing well with the team. It's on us to bring some trophies home...

Inspector
02-21-2008, 11:33 AM
Marko Milič extended his contract wit Olimpija for next 2 seasons. Probably Jasmin Hukič is the next...

Very good news for Olimpija... :)

Joško Poljak Fan
02-21-2008, 03:48 PM
very good news indeed.
I hope this season will end without some big earthquakes we're used to from the past, with financial sanation being succesful. In that case I'd love to see Ollimpija going not only after Hukić, but after Boisa and Ilievski as well. we need that fighting core :p

What i really dislike are those rumours and indications in the media about Džikić not being given a chance in the next season. Stability in coaching is a priviledge Olimpija didn't have since the Filipovski era, top16 failing accordingly.
Imo Džikić is so far doing more than just a fairly good job and unless the team would really screw some major stuff up, I want to see him as a headcoach for the next season unconditionaly, without some Urlep's, Filipovski's and the rest, while we all know Messina won't be coming neither so there is no room for dreaming there :D.
Olimpija needs to give him a chance to build the team within the budget and by his philosophy and than mold it up through a season to get some deepened chemistry and understanding of the system- results will come much easier that way and I think Džikić might than pan out the same as Mahorić or Spahija did after Olimpija left them out- as an upper level european coach. For a team with small budget, coaching stability is imo a neccesity if we want to overcome that € deficit.

so i want either media to stop with that bull$hit or Olimpija's management to stop thinking about other coaches, while we've got a "potential succes" sitting on our bench.

Alyosha12
02-21-2008, 05:29 PM
I agree about Džikić, even more so because i hear his biggest strength is his talent evaluation.

Joško Poljak Fan
03-17-2008, 06:28 PM
Rajgelj is gone?:confused:
the war for managing Olimpija is still on obviously....

elaj
03-17-2008, 06:36 PM
Rajgelj is gone?:confused:
the war for managing Olimpija is still on obviously....
Where can I sign up? :D

Alyosha12
03-17-2008, 08:58 PM
FFS come on, can't we have one manager for more then 1 year, this is getting ridiculous.

Joško Poljak Fan
03-17-2008, 11:07 PM
Where can I sign up? :D
sign up? no need for any rush at all... just about everyone will get their chance running Olimpija at one point, you included :p... you just have to wait untill they nominate the new GM and fire him later... they'll run out of available slovenians that haven't yet been Olimpija's GM or coach sooner or later...

what's next? Džikić? they better not go there... it's a possibility i'd become officialy the 24th fan of Slovan in that case...

zalgiris
03-18-2008, 08:07 AM
Hello everyone...

im from lithuania.. and im making a mix of Goran Jurak .. Olimpija's player in las season... so i want to know where can i find some video from his 2006/2007 season on olimpija?

If somebody have some video please upload it to rapidshare or sendspace..

P.S. sorry for mistakes :)

Joško Poljak Fan
04-24-2008, 01:58 PM
some people from city coucil recently went to some trips checking out some sports infrastructure through Europe.
It has been said that the Ljubljana's new arena in Stožice will resemble on Helsinki arena the most. 6000 places in lower level, 1000 vip's and 5000 seats in upper level, alltogether combined for 12000. Although I wouldn't mind some higher capacity object (:D) I think 12000 is definately feasible and in decent seasons ,without all this "financial sanation issues" we've been copeing with for the past 5 years, Olimpija can fill those 12000 places.

here is the picture of the Helsinki's Hartwall arena
http://www.hartwall-areena.com/en/kuvat/areenaalue_konsertti.jpg

Inspector
05-06-2008, 04:59 PM
Igor Dolenc from TCG Mercator Škofja Loka is the new Union Olimpija's director, he replaced Janez Rajgelj.

Hakkapeliitta
05-06-2008, 09:08 PM
It has been said that the Ljubljana's new arena in Stožice will resemble on Helsinki arena the most.

The owner of the Hartwall areena (Hjallis Harkimo) did try to build similar arenas elsewhere in Europe, but his arena businesses stopped at that time, in 1990s, to Hamburg, if I remember correctly. Hartwall is a nicely built arena, there's no complaiments to the viewers' side, but the whole arena is steered for money-making and entertainment = various restaurants, good amount of vip-rooms etc. One can't escape business! If you want a genuine and old-time hockey evening in Helsinki, you rather go to the old arena :). Not that you would want that arena in your backyard...

Joško Poljak Fan
05-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Igor Dolenc from TCG Mercator Škofja Loka is the new Union Olimpija's director, he replaced Janez Rajgelj.
we can only hope he'll do well and won't get replaced in 3 months as it became ussual in recent years.

@Hakkapeliitta, thanks for the feedback on Hartwall arena. :)
I prefer stadiums with soul as well, but it seems that those modern arena's with all the shops restaurants and such became a neccesity.

Buducnost PG
05-07-2008, 05:09 PM
Any news about Olimpija for the next season? Milic will stay, but how about Hukic, Dragic, Taylor and Bailey. With the arrival of Dzikic Taylor and Bailey are playing ok.

elaj
05-07-2008, 06:29 PM
Any news about Olimpija for the next season? Milic will stay, but how about Hukic, Dragic, Taylor and Bailey. With the arrival of Dzikic Taylor and Bailey are playing ok.
Coach will decide those things. Either Džikić or Filipovski. In my opinion we can expect extension of Džikić's contract for next few seasons in a week or two. He and new GM will then look for players for next season.

In my opinion Taylor and Bailey don't have much chances to stay. Hukić is most likely staying, they are already negotiating new contract. Zupan and Begić are also staying. I don't know about Rizvić, coach will decide. Močnik could be loaned. Ožbolt will also stay and make a comeback in the next season. Dončič and Booker are out for sure. As you said, Milič is staying.

Sirnik (SF/SG) and Sarajlija (PG/SG) (both 1991) could be given a chance as 12 and 13 player in the team.

Dragič's case is on law court, so we will have to wait what will happen there between Slovan and TAU. If the court will decide that he is Slovan's player in my opinion he is going to sign a long term contract with Olimpija.

As for new players, it will depend on the budget. Return of Baždarić, Boisa, Markoishvili, Golemac, D. Lorbek and few others are rumoured already for a while. Ćapin is also rumoured.

woma
05-07-2008, 07:23 PM
Coach will decide those things. Either Džikić or Filipovski.

I doubt it's connected, but it's rumoured that Filipovski rejected a new contract offer from Turow, even with president of Turow promising him that they will play in Euroleague after winning a title in Poland (Turow just advanced to finals).

Inspector
05-07-2008, 08:45 PM
There is Jure Zdovc a candidate for Olimpija's bench as well...

Zoran Jankovič, who has a lot of influence in the club, in an interview mentioned him as a possible coach for the future...

It's rumoured Vladimir Golubovič (C) is coming from Vojvodina for the next season, meanwhile Dragič probably is leaving, aslo if he becomes Slovan's player - that's what he said a month ago...

Don't forget also Klobučar, Vesely (if he won't sign with Partizan) and Slokar as possible candidates for Olimpija the next season...

Joško Poljak Fan
05-07-2008, 11:06 PM
I think at this moment our reporters are shooting ducks after ducks and they'll keep on doing that when guys as Zorčič are there.
I honestly can't see a reason why Džikić would deserve to get one season, Filipovski got his chance to my opinion the team played efficient basketball, yet boring to the upmost and I'll never be able to forget that 20 point lead in the 31st or 32nd minute in some adriatic league game with Mali and Šmigič getting their chance in the last 30 seconds of that game - that's completely unnaceptable for me, nevermind the discussions about their talent that might appear.
I really hope that what Woma is saying isn't connected with Filipovski getting an offer from Olimpija...

Zdovc might deserve a chance, but from now on I'd really like for one coach for a longer period finaly. New coach every 6 months won't bring us absolutely nowhere.

Trica.°
05-18-2008, 12:36 PM
I think that Dragić is leaving. Because he said a couple of times that he wants to go back to TAU. We'll see what will the court say.
I think that only Taylor of those 3 Americans should stay in Olimpija, but as I heard, he desperatly wants to leave the club.:confused:
I would be so pleased to see Slokar in Olimpija, but I think that won't be achievable (I think he's too expensive fot the club):(
About Vesely.. he went to Partizan. That's too bad, Olimpija should fight more for him. But Klobučar will probably come to Rožnik.
And I've heard the rumours that Markoishvili is coming. But hasn't he got another season in Kijev?

Joško Poljak Fan
05-20-2008, 10:11 AM
slovenian media love to speculate about all those known names. Markoishvilli and Slokar are too expensive. And untill Olimpija shows some stability we won't be able to attract players with "you're getting a chance in euroleague" as Sagadin did succesfully in his days... anyway the management should pursue that same image from the past and try to reach it again within few years, slovenian talents wouldn't avoind Olimpija as they do now and we'd get some bonuses as we did with Šaras, Halperin, Žukauskas, Welsch and such players that made a break-out seasons here...

Joško Poljak Fan
06-08-2008, 01:03 PM
since the season ended, i'll just round up some of the thoughts.

national champ. and cup; Helios should've represent some more resistance considering their roster, as we've seen Memi doing a great job last season with a team of simmilar strenght, but considering the way they've played both titles aren't even that exciting as they bring us back to the infamous Olimpija - Polzela/Idrija battles in the 90ies :p

NLB, with Džikić sorting things out with US trio things were going for the better, but that wasn't as rapid change as Olimpija would need. 5th place i the regular season isn't a succes imo, even if we look at the previous 2 seasons that ended up even worse, but the team fixed it all up with quarters against Zvezda and good resistance vs. Partizan in the semi's.

euroleague; in such group Olimpija of 05/06 and 06/07 would've been butchered the way Krka was in their last infamous EL season. If it wasn't for the game in Bologna and Sopot where Olimpija lost their top16 chances and some mediocre performances on the road, I'd actually call this season a great success nevermind Olimpija would mostlikely end up 17th after Roma even by winning those 2 games.
CSKA won it all, Siena and Tau were at F4, Oly at F8, while Žalgiris fall down a bit in top16, but still playing some really good basketball in the group stage.
For the next season of course I wouldn't mind if we had one F4 participant less in our group.

Finances seem to be improving lately. Official and unnoficial informations about the sanation of the debts vary from individual to individual, but it's still a whole different issue if you have 5 M€ of debts or 1.5 M€ "only"... also with a potential to repay in within the next 3-4-5 seasons.
So far the management is promising slight budget increase up to 2 M € spent for the 1st team (compared to 1.75 this year, 1.5 previous one or 0.9 in 04/05) and these has to make us optimistic. Pecečnik and Jankovič gathering aditional founds are imo more of a speculations than anything else, although I definately wouldn't mind. Olimpija has to survive these 3-4 next seasons, take care of the debts and start all over in 2010/11 in the new 12.000 seated Stožice arena, when due to the fact no other team in Slovenia will be gathering as many fans at their games might easily end those economic issues...