PDA

View Full Version : Best german players of all time

qiangdade
05-28-2007, 11:21 AM
I was just wondering, if it was possible to make a german NT with the best players of all time, who would they be? Obviously there is Nowitzki and Schrempf, and then? Koch? Welp? Harnisch? Okulaja?...

Joško Poljak Fan
05-28-2007, 11:30 AM
of course Nowitzki...
2nd placed should imo be Koch, as far as my memory he was the leader of 93' german golden team

qiangdade
05-28-2007, 11:34 AM
of course Nowitzki...
2nd placed should imo be Koch, as far as my memory he was the leader of 93' german golden team

I took for granted that Nowitzki and Schrempf were the best, I would place koch 3rd as he played in a very high level for many years with pao and before.

Joško Poljak Fan
05-28-2007, 11:41 AM
well I'm not that keen on Schrempf since he hasn't done much in europe, but yeah you're right he should still be no.2 in front of Koch...;)

Trifilli
05-28-2007, 12:34 PM
My first and second team:

C Christian Welp
F Dirk Nowitzki
F Detlef Schrempf
G Mike Koch
G Kai Nürnberger

C Hansi Gnad
F Ademola Okulaja
F Mike Jackel
G Stephan Baeck
G Denis Wucherer

Honorable mentions: Henning Harnisch (F), Sascha Hupmann (C), Patrick Femerling (C), Henrik Rödl (F), Uwe Blab (C)

Of course I could only rate players who I saw play, so there are no players from the 60s or 70s on my teams for example. When I thought about it, I was a bit surprised about the small number of top guards actually, so I had to put Wucherer into my second team :p Baeck could've been listed as a SF as well, but I decided to list him as SG (he played both positions imho).
Dunno if I forgot anybody, but these are the top players I remember.

rikhardur
05-28-2007, 07:06 PM
1 - Nowitzki
2 - Schrempf
3 - Koch

I agree with Trifilli's first team and also the rest.

qiangdade
05-29-2007, 09:37 AM
That was the first team i had in mind also. As for the second team, i can't remember some of those guys. For example Hansi Gnad and Mike Jackel. I also vagely recall Stephan Baeck. Probably cause i didn't grow up in germany. When i thought of this my second team would be

G Wucherer
G Harnisch/Roedl
F Roedl/Harnisch
F Okulaja
C Femerling

But if you say otherwise, i believe you.
As for a top-5 i would go for

1.Nowitzki
2.Schrempf
3.Koch
4.Welp
5.Okulaja/Nürnberger/Wucherer

donmar
06-08-2007, 05:37 AM
Overall is Dirk Nowitzki! :D