View Full Version : Other Filipino-American BBALL Players

Pages : [1] 2 3

DaveMap2007
05-25-2007, 02:19 PM
Aside for GIAN CHIU and JAPETH AGUILAR there are some fil-ams playing in the US
Here are some name:
Alvyn Cabonce F 6-3 190 From Ilocos, Philippines of San Jose City College
Dustin Coloso 190 G 80 Kean (son of an ex-PBA player he was drafted by
Redbull I think buyt never made the roster)
Julius Cezar David 5-3 G 76 Felician
Jeff Dosado 175 G 82 American Intern. (check the school website)
Alex Dunwoody 6-2 G Great Falls
Jermaine Phillips 183 G 82 St.Edward's

DaveMap2007
05-25-2007, 02:22 PM
Jacks sign another top recruit
BROOKINGS, S.D. - South Dakota State University signed California high school prospect Michael Palarca to a letter of intent on Tuesday, indicating his plans to enroll at SDSU next fall and participate in the men’s basketball program.

A 5-10 guard from Santa Clarita, Calif., and Chatsworth High Shcool’s all-time leader in points, assitsts and steals, Palarca averaged 18.7 points, 7.3 assists and 5.1 steals per game in 2006-07 as a senior. He also led the Chancellors to a 20-8 record and into the second round of the Los Angeles City Championship.

Palarca also led Chatsworth to a 9-1 West Valley League record, earning him league most valuable player honors in the process. In addition to his MVP honors, he earned all-city and all-area honors during his senior year, when he ranked 13th in the nation with 134 steals.
Another Fil-am

In two previous years on the varisty squad at Chatsworth High School, Palarca averaged 15.2 points, 8.4 assists and 5.5 steals per game and earned first-team All-West Valley both years and all-city honors as a junior.

Palarca took home defensive player of the tournament honors after leading Chatsworth to the Chaminade Christmas Classic Tournament championship during the 2005-06 season.

Palarca joins a trio of recruits who signed on with the Jackrabbits so far this off-season, including Dale Moss, who averaged 18 points, 8 rebounds and 4 assists per game as a senior; Clint Sargent, who averaged 19 points, 4.5 rebounds and 4 assists per game during his senior season; and Josh Cassaday, who averaged 19 points, 7.6 rebounds and 2.4 assists per game during his senior season.

Jermaine Phillips of St Edward bio
http://www.infosportinc.com/jermainephillips.html

DaveMap2007
05-25-2007, 02:25 PM
Jermaine Phillips

http://www.stedwards.edu/athletic/basketball_men/player_profile.htm

DaveMap2007
05-25-2007, 02:35 PM
Good Female Guards

Jessica Roque of Cleveland State
http://csuvikings.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/mtt/roque_jessica00.html

Shawn Berina of Airforce Academy
http://www.asianjournal.com/?c=45&a=15327

DaveMap2007
05-25-2007, 03:03 PM
we all know that Karl's wife has pinoy blood....
Karl malone junior.........

el presidente
05-25-2007, 06:06 PM
Actually Japeth and Gian aren't Fil-ams. They are Filipino citizens that happen to be playing basketball in the States.

Servinio
05-25-2007, 07:51 PM
Julius Cezar David 5-3 G 76 Felician
Julius David played a season of professional ball with the MBA's Osaka Pangasinan Waves in 2002. He has the distinction of being the shortest player in MBA history.

gaamapuan
05-26-2007, 01:56 PM
Burger King halts losing skid

INQUIRER.net
Last updated 05:51pm (Mla time) 05/26/2007

BURGER King halted its seven-game losing skid with a 78-75 victory
against Toyota Balintawak in the PBL Unity Cup at The Arena in San Juan..

The Whoppers, however, needed to win by 17 points to clinch the
remaining twice-to-beat advantage in the quarterfinals.

The incentive went instead to the Road Kings, who secured a higher
quotient despite ending up with similar 5-7 slates with the Whoppers.

Both squads will clash again in the quarterfinals starting Tuesday,
with the Road Kings only needing to win once to advance to the semifinals.

Henkel Sista booked the first quarterfinal edge last Thursday with a
third-best 6-6 card.

In the second game, Cebuana Lhuillier-Pera Padala easily crushed
Harbour Centre, 87-74, to rule the elimination round with a 10-2 record.

Ken Bono delivered 20 points, nine rebounds and three assists to lead
the Moneymen to a second-round sweep for a conference-best seven
straight wins.

With their chief gunners hardly showing their usual fire, Batang Pier
slid to second place with a 9-3 slate.

The scores:

First Game
BURGER KING 78--Viray 18, Bravo 13, Quiρahan 13, Urbiztondo 11,Mendoza
6, Buenafe 5 David 5, Ballesteros 4, Garrido 3, Te 0, Del Rosario 0,
Saguindel 0.

TOYOTA BALINTAWAK 75--Devance 15, Cruz 14, Cabahug 13, Rodriguez 12,
Daa 7, Coching 3, Cagoco 3, Coronel 3, Guerrero 3, Dedicatoria 2, Jaime
0, Baluyot 0, Fajardo 0.Quarters: 15-15, 37-32, 61-48, 78-75

Second Game
CEBUANA LHUILLIER 87--Bono 20, Capus 17, Sta. Maria 11, Dela Peρa 9,
Kramer 8, Dulay 6, Grijaldo 4, Solis 4, Yee 2, Oreta 2, Burtscher 2,
Escalona 2, Dela Cuesta 0.

HARBOUR CENTRE 74--Stephens 12, Asoro 10, Lanete 10, Belga 7, Intal 7,
Araρa 5, Castro 5, Gamboa 4, Vergara 3, Fernandez 3, Caoati 2, Alonzo
2, Duncil 0.Quarters: 24-14, 46-35, 73-57, 87-74

sergio23
05-31-2007, 02:02 AM
You know there's a Filipino by the name of Vincent Dasalla that played alongside of me at Pacific Coast Academy .. He's a big long guy (6-11 240lbs) I dont know what happened to him .. lost touch back in 1998..

I just got this...meron ba sa inyo familiar sa kanya?

onono1
05-31-2007, 05:10 AM
You know there's a Filipino by the name of Vincent Dasalla that played alongside of me at Pacific Coast Academy .. He's a big long guy (6-11 240lbs) I dont know what happened to him .. lost touch back in 1998..

I just got this...meron ba sa inyo familiar sa kanya?

Vincent dasalla, was that the player from lasalle some years back? Well i dont know either. You lost touch back in 1998 and hes older now...

DaveMap2007
06-01-2007, 09:56 AM
Vincent dasalla, was that the player from lasalle some years back? Well i dont know either. You lost touch back in 1998 and hes older now...

Thats Vincent San Diego 6'9

here is a possible picture of Vincent Dasalla ( Still a question if he is this guy)....but seems look like shorter

http://www.iskl.edu.my/~IASAS/BBALL/main.html

http://www.iskl.edu.my/~IASAS/BBALL/tasboy.jpg

DaveMap2007
06-01-2007, 10:23 AM
Cid White who played for Nueva Ecija where could he be

Aside from the Jelani Mccoy who other says a Fil-am....

The Ex-PBA Import Joe Hook 6'7 (once played for Pop Cola) claims he has a Filipina mother...Hope we can confirm he is legitimate.....

Is it True that the 38 year old Paul Khory of Lebanon has Filipino route...rumors say his the cousin of Asi Taulava from Tonga...Paul Khori has Tongan blood also...thats a mixed up

Burndvinyard
06-02-2007, 02:12 AM

The Ex-PBA Import Joe Hook 6'7 (once played for Pop Cola) claims he has a Filipina mother...Hope we can confirm he is legitimate.....

Is it True that the 38 year old Paul Khory of Lebanon has Filipino route...rumors say his the cousin of Asi Taulava from Tonga...Paul Khori has Tongan blood also...thats a mixed up

Paul Khoury only said in an interview that Asi Taulava has legitimate Filipino roots because of Asi's mother. But he never said that he has Filipino route, i mean, roots...:)

jramoyo
06-02-2007, 07:07 PM
Chris Clay once played for the Laguna Lakers right? does he have any Filipino roots?

Burndvinyard
06-03-2007, 11:26 PM
Chris Clay once played for the Laguna Lakers right? does he have any Filipino roots?

Philippine passport maybe. Filipino blood? Nada...Same goes for Jeff Flowers. I'd rather go for Sonny Alvarado...

sergio23
06-04-2007, 01:17 AM
Thats Vincent San Diego 6'9

here is a possible picture of Vincent Dasalla ( Still a question if he is this guy)....but seems look like shorter

http://www.iskl.edu.my/~IASAS/BBALL/main.html

http://www.iskl.edu.my/~IASAS/BBALL/tasboy.jpg
?????? give me more info

banex
06-04-2007, 01:40 PM
matt mitchell
dustin coloso

banex
06-04-2007, 01:43 PM
any info about them?matt mitchell
dustin coloso
alex dunwoody
jermaine philips
antonoi reyes

sergio23
06-04-2007, 03:07 PM
any info about them?matt mitchell
dustin coloso
alex dunwoody
jermaine philips
antonoi reyes
are u sure they are bball players???? I think they're not...
Guys do u know Rico Meirhoffer??? is he a Fil-German???and how long he is???

DaveMap2007
06-04-2007, 04:20 PM
Dustin Coloso - Was drafted by Red Bull a 6'2-6'3 swingman from Kean
University,he is the son of a former PBA player....
Jermaine Philips - is a legit Fil-am..check the link posted http://www.stedwards.edu/athletic/ba...er_profile.htm
....http://www.infosportinc.com/jermainephillips.html
he played for St Edward

Rico Maeirhoffer - a lanky 6'5 forward for La Salle

Matt Mitchell. Chris Clay are fake and Fil-shams

There are also Fil-ams who played here but havent seen in action recently
Chander Donaldson 6'5 played for MBA marlins
Chris Lafontaine 6'5 played for Davao
Chris Mendoza 6'5 from Valencia HS and played for the Cebu Gem
Alex Crisano 6'7 played for Patriots, Talk n Text and Ginebra
Rob Duat 6'4 last played for Alaska
Nate Payne 6'5 played for Iloilo Volts
Dan Mosley 6'3 played briefly with the Dragons

John Dumont Fil-Canadian 6'5 played for Pasig (a mismatch to any pointguard)
along with Sonny Margate

Deejohn lee 5'11 - played with San Sebastian, now in city leagues in california
Stephen Antonio - 6'5 - Brother of will antonio played for the blades

Clarence Cole -6'5 Forward played in the PBL

Kenny Evans -6'0 - played with GEms,Alaska,Phonepals

Cid White, AC Brown, Jeff Claybrooks, Rob Allen 6'5

Other applied for draft include

Sanley De Castro, Francis Machica, Richard HArdin, Richard Dela Rena and others...

DaveMap2007
06-04-2007, 04:35 PM
he's still a question if he really exist.....

DaveMap2007
06-04-2007, 04:40 PM
Not familiar to anyone there was a Fil-am name Steve Smith

Steve SMith is a 30 yr old plus rookie stand 6'4 and plays the guard-forward position who played briefly for San Miguel before being injured in 1998 after the injury he hasnt return and left the country...Steve was at the same batch of rookie including fellow beermen Danny Ildefonso....

No news since his disappearance

DaveMap2007
06-04-2007, 04:49 PM
The Menlo College 6'8 Center Israle Torres is he a Fil-Am can Anyone confirm?

DaveMap2007
06-04-2007, 04:50 PM
The Menlo College 6'8 Center Israel Torres is he a Fil-Am can Anyone confirm?

kerouac82
06-05-2007, 01:34 AM
Not familiar to anyone there was a Fil-am name Steve Smith

Steve SMith is a 30 yr old plus rookie stand 6'4 and plays the guard-forward position who played briefly for San Miguel before being injured in 1998 after the injury he hasnt return and left the country...Steve was at the same batch of rookie including fellow beermen Danny Ildefonso....

No news since his disappearance

I remember that guy posting up the other teams' point guards and scoring almost at will. After a few games, he disappeared. Tsk.

DaveMap2007
06-06-2007, 05:10 PM
David Friedhoff - 6'3 - Forward
College: Apple State
Played With Tanduay Rhum Master, Fedex of PBA
Born 1977 still young, havent shown his real potential
Deserves a second try
Dennis Harrison - 6'2 - Guard
Played with Pop Cola and Shell (1999)
College: University of Hawaii
After Pop Cola no team have gambled to sign him
William Wilson - 6'6 - Guard/Forward
Played with BLU Detergent in Vis-Min Cup
Came with Asi Taulava
Never tried playing PRO in the Philippines
Now in his Thirties (What a waste)
Dean Labayen - 6'1 - Guard (Fil-Canadian)
Played for Negros Slasher in MBA
College: York University
Canada based
Mark Caguco - 5'10 - Guard
College: Cal State Northridge
He’s as tough as nails and a hard-nosed defender. Two years ago, Caguco was hired as a practice player by Shell. He played with Jimmy Alapag in the Pro-Am league in Long Beach last summer. Caguco was born in Naga City to full-blooded Filipino parents Dalmacio and Emma. He grew up in Los Angeles.

Chrispin Guinto, 26, is a 6-6, 220-pound forward who once played for the Pampanga Dragons in the MBA. He was born in Hayward, California, to full-blooded Filipinos from Masantol, Pampanga. In the pre-draft camp, he showed flashes of brilliance under the basket. Guinto will never be a superstar in the mold of a Danny Ildefonso but could blossom into a role player like a Sonny Cabatu. With a little more polish and a few pounds off, Guinto could turn out to be a sleeper.

Francis Raushmayer - 6'2 - Jacksonville

Leo Yanogacio of Rutgers ,Michael Tablan, and Christian Gavina, Richard Michael are also Fil-Ams participated in the PBA Draft but undrafted

Is Julius Cumlat the 5'9 Holy Name University Point Guard
a Filipino..pictures show he has some filipino features
and base on his stats on some games his good
We really need good point guards especially the Johnny Abarrientos Type
Players are becoming very scarce…everyone wants to score nowadays

DaveMap2007
06-06-2007, 05:20 PM
Gabe Pagtama of The Ex-Sta Monica College is also a Fil-Am
Richmond delos Cientos of Contra Costa College, Joseph Dominguez of the University of Winnipeg in Canada, Clarence Cole 6'5 of Sta Ana, Cypress, Sanley de Castro of Harbor City College, Crispin Guinto 6'6 of San Jose State University, Michael Tablan of Centennial Colege, Canada, William Villa of BYU, Hawaii, Richard Michael of Sydney University

DaveMap2007
06-06-2007, 06:13 PM
So a 6'11 Gregory Slaughter arrive from Virginia USA....that a great addition in our local basketball...hope they keep on arriving

The Clark and Subic Girls in the past are now reaping the fruit of their patriotic labor......lets see some more will show up

HS

IS Joseph Paea one of the top 5 rebounders in california basketball high school of La Sierra Academy a Filipino?

Steve Smith 6'4 and William Wilson 6'6 could have made a living here and became star in the PBA but they havent got the desire...instead the grow old of what they to best....what a waste

onono1
06-07-2007, 07:12 AM
So a 6'11 Gregory Slaughter arrive from Virginia USA....that a great addition in our local basketball...hope they keep on arriving

The Clark and Subic Girls in the past are now reaping the fruit of their patriotic labor......lets see some more will show up

HS

IS Joseph Paea one of the top 5 rebounders in california basketball high school of La Sierra Academy a Filipino?

Steve Smith 6'4 and William Wilson 6'6 could have made a living here and became star in the PBA but they havent got the desire...instead the grow old of what they to best....what a waste

:p :D The Clark and Subic Girls in the past are now reaping the fruit of their patriotic labor......lets see some more will show up. Hehehehe nice one dude, patriotic labor huh or lets make them heroines :p

Dinamita
06-08-2007, 08:27 AM
where is joe devance and rob reyes?
still playing in pbl?

princejunar
06-08-2007, 10:16 AM
Im from angeles city, and i see a lot of potential players here, mostly black pinoy. they got a height, but still young. maybe after 5 years we will see them in UAAP or NCAA. hopefully they will grow and play in RP team someday.

kerouac82
06-08-2007, 10:34 AM
where is joe devance and rob reyes?
still playing in pbl?

Joe Devance is playing with Toyota Balintawak in the PBL. As for Rob Reyes, he's simply disappeared.

thayil
06-08-2007, 11:35 AM
where is John Ordonio?

The Kobe look a-like but not play-alike guy?

:D

What happend to him?

DaveMap2007
06-08-2007, 12:38 PM
where is John Ordonio?

The Kobe look a-like but not play-alike guy?

What happend to him?

As for Jon Ordonio he simple went back to the US after citizenship issue (even thou he is a real Fil-Am (for god sake DOJ what's wrong with you:mad: bobo) technicality issue was the reason)......His last PBA team was the REdbull after stints with Alaska and Pop Cola.......Playing Opportunites was also the main reason.....He seems to be becoming a Journey man and once the citizenship issue came up...well he made his mind to give up.....

banex
06-08-2007, 12:55 PM
Gabe Pagtama of The Ex-Sta Monica College is also a Fil-Am
Richmond delos Cientos of Contra Costa College, Joseph Dominguez of the University of Winnipeg in Canada, Clarence Cole 6'5 of Sta Ana, Cypress, Sanley de Castro of Harbor City College, Crispin Guinto 6'6 of San Jose State University, Michael Tablan of Centennial Colege, Canada, William Villa of BYU, Hawaii, Richard Michael of Sydney University
Clarence Cole is he a real fil-am?any news about dis guy?he was a former teammate of chester tolomia and they won the pbl finals vs.welcoat with ren2x and yancy de ocampo....

DaveMap2007
06-08-2007, 01:37 PM
Clarence Cole is he a real fil-am?any news about dis guy?he was a former teammate of chester tolomia and they won the pbl finals vs.welcoat with ren2x and yancy de ocampo....

Back in the US....he played for John O with Ranidel De Ocampo....

gaamapuan
06-09-2007, 01:44 PM
how about jeffrey flowers 6,9 and chris clay 6'5 plays like danny S. a good scorer where are they?

watiwawa
06-09-2007, 03:33 PM
how about jeffrey flowers 6,9 and chris clay 6'5 plays like danny S. a good scorer where are they?

they are bot PURE AMERICANS!!!
so no place for the philippines... cause now, no pure foreigners play for pba or even pbl(except ekwe,, why??)

DaveMap2007
06-09-2007, 05:26 PM

Chris Clay is a american i think he played for univ of texas (correct me if im wrong) same school Earl Alvarado went...maybe the same agent who falsify their papers....He is claiming that his Dad is pinoy name Daniel.....We all know its a lie......................FEd-ex after those fake pinoy players have the commitment not to hire non-pure pinoy in the lineup just like what happen to Jay washington they pick him first in the draft out of respect for the media but then traded him..........Even Jay WAsh who was born in Zambales - FEd-ex policy was no half pinoy will be allowed to play with the club......coz they know that they made a lie out of Clay and Flowers they are fixing their image(kiss my ass Fedex u turn to a racist)

watiwawa
06-09-2007, 05:37 PM
Chris Clay is a american i think he played for univ of texas (correct me if im wrong) same school Earl Alvarado went...maybe the same agent who falsify their papers....He is claiming that his Dad is pinoy name Daniel.....We all know its a lie......................FEd-ex after those fake pinoy players have the commitment not to hire non-pure pinoy in the lineup just like what happen to Jay washington they pick him first in the draft out of respect for the media but then traded him..........Even Jay WAsh who was born in Zambales - FEd-ex policy was no half pinoy will be allowed to play with the club......coz they know that they made a lie out of Clay and Flowers they are fixing their image(kiss my ass Fedex u turn to a racist)

uhmm,, is canaleta half pinoy or pure pnioy???

DaveMap2007
06-09-2007, 05:48 PM
uhmm,, is canaleta half pinoy or pure pnioy???

his skin is dark cause he comes from Tarlac.............pinoy

watiwawa
06-09-2007, 06:44 PM

ok tnx... but i think he has some african or american blood...

reamily
06-10-2007, 02:14 AM
di naman lahat ng fila am eh magagaling mayroon din namnan mga bano eh hindi makapaglaro sa amerika eh gusto maglaro dito kaya baka magsayang tayo ng pera sa iba sa mga iyan

reamily
06-10-2007, 02:18 AM
di naman lahat ng fila am eh magagaling mayroon din namnan mga bano eh hindi makapaglaro sa amerika eh gusto maglaro dito kaya baka magsayang tayo ng pera sa iba sa mga iyan

SkyWalker
06-10-2007, 03:00 AM

no man, chris clay i think is from Univ of Arizona, and you're right that Alvarado's from U Tex, same school that produced, Lamarcus Aldridge of Portland Trailblazers, TJ Ford of Toronto Raptors and now Kevin Durant. :)

kerouac82
06-10-2007, 09:16 AM
no man, chris clay i think is from Univ of Arizona, and you're right that Alvarado's from U Tex, same school that produced, Lamarcus Aldridge of Portland Trailblazers, TJ Ford of Toronto Raptors and now Kevin Durant. :)

Actually, Alvarado came from Texas-El Paso (UTEP), which belongs to the same conference as Nevada, Hawaii, and BYU. Texas belongs to the Big 12 and is located in Austin.

watiwawa
06-10-2007, 10:04 AM
UTEP <<< same w/ former pbl mvp joe devance...

DaveMap2007
06-10-2007, 05:08 PM
Actually, Alvarado came from Texas-El Paso (UTEP), which belongs to the same conference as Nevada, Hawaii, and BYU. Texas belongs to the Big 12 and is located in Austin.

Alvarado is a Texas Long Horn Man !!!!http://www.cactus.org/~crow/orangeblood/Sports/hoop/1994/1994-1995.tx.hoop.roster.html

Joe Calvin Devance is from UTEP Miners.

And i remember already Chris Clay played 1994-1995 for the UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS PAN AMERICAN (UTPA Broncs)

JOhn Dumont also 6'5 played with the Pirates played for the University of Calgary in Canada

DaveMap2007
06-10-2007, 05:49 PM
Christopher Daniel Clay - born August 20 1972 a 6'5 G/F 205 lbs from Almarillo Texas

Before playing at University of TExas PAn American he played 1 year each
1990-1991 Frank Philip College and 1991-1992 York College.....for 3 season 1992 - 1995 clay averaged around 15.0 pts per ball game

His real parents is Don and Betty Clay - white americans......not a single drop of filipino blood.....................So that was Federal Express Lie during their MBA years........BErt Lina knows that......

kerouac82
06-11-2007, 12:35 AM
Alvarado is a Texas Long Horn Man !!!!http://www.cactus.org/~crow/orangeblood/Sports/hoop/1994/1994-1995.tx.hoop.roster.html

Joe Calvin Devance is from UTEP Miners.

And i remember already Chris Clay played 1994-1995 for the UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS PAN AMERICAN (UTPA Broncs)

JOhn Dumont also 6'5 played with the Pirates played for the University of Calgary in Canada

All right. Thanks for the link. I stand corrected. :)

banex
06-14-2007, 03:30 AM
Back in the US....he played for John O with Ranidel De Ocampo....
is he still playing?he's a high leaper and a very good defender...i remember him guarding ren2x ritualo and ren2x having hard time to shoot cu'z cj cole is too tall for him!he 's a great dunker like kelly williams..how old is he right now?

onono1
06-14-2007, 05:29 AM
Regarding fil-ams who played in the philippines, i think way back in late 1990's there was a 6-5 fil-american who played for Magnolia in PBL i just forgot his name. He was athletic and high-leaper and a good defender too, injury cut short his playing days too bad.

Balyador
06-14-2007, 08:54 AM

Actually, Canaleta's lineage is Italyano.

His father is from Zambales...an Ita, thus his color

while

his mother is from Ilokos...an Ilokano

ITALYANO. :D

Just kidding guyz.

donlyn
06-14-2007, 09:21 AM
Actually, Canaleta's lineage is Italyano.

His father is from Zambales...an Ita, thus his color

while

his mother is from Ilokos...an Ilokano

ITALYANO. :D

Just kidding guyz.
natawa ako dito ah!:eek:

demonyito
06-14-2007, 12:18 PM
what about Euro-fil players? like sino ba yung player ng purefoods na half french.
and if not mistaken.. i think iread somewhere that Menk is partly Danish?

kerouac82
06-15-2007, 12:44 AM
what about Euro-fil players? like sino ba yung player ng purefoods na half french.

I suppose you're talking about Jean Marc Pingris. And I think Eric Menk does have some Danish ancestry. "Menk" is a Scandinavian surname.

demonyito
06-15-2007, 01:21 AM
he's the one, Pingris:)

he got the highest mark in the PBA predraft camp 2 years ago?

i dont know if his toughness has something to do with his french blood as i understand he's born and grows up in southern luzon.

kerouac82
06-15-2007, 01:28 AM
Actually, he was born in Manila and raised in Pozzorubio, Pangasinan. He was supposed to play for the FEU Tamaraws a few years back but the plan fizzled out. He was discovered at around the same time as Dennis Miranda and MC Caceres. Dennis Miranda went on to play for the Tams, while MC Caceres chose to stay on with the PSBA Jaguars.

Dinamita
06-15-2007, 01:37 AM
I still remember MARC PINGRIS BLOCKING my layup... It was a game in the 4th district of pangasinan... He was representing pozurubio while I represent URDANETA CITY...we won the championship and I think they settle for third place... They lost to a team that is composed of some PBL bench veterans :D....
MARC JEAN PINGRIS really improved a lot....

DaveMap2007
06-15-2007, 12:09 PM

Other Fil-Euro

Ken Gumpenburger - drafted by redbull, played PBL - FIL-GERMAN
James WAlkVist - PBA - FIL-Swedish
Alex Crisano - MBA- PBA - Fil-Italian
Along with Mick Pennisi

demonyito
06-23-2007, 10:55 AM
Erin Begonia

Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 130 lbs
Birth Date: 11/28/1984
Birth Place: Philippines
Ethnicity(s): | Filipino

http://www.asianathlete.com/AthleteDisplayForm.aspx?ID=389

DaveMap2007
06-28-2007, 06:01 PM
6-foot-6 Jason Grigg of Townsville High, Australia applied for the PBL draft in 2003 but never made it........

Her Michael Palarca whos look-a-like Egay Echavez

http://www.cavsyouthbasketball.com/

Ronnie Aguilar a victim of racial violence

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/mensbasketball/mwest/2007-04-23-csu-gun-arrest_N.htm?csp=34

RayV
06-29-2007, 12:44 AM
Michael Palarca sure looks good on paper: 5.1 Steals per game? DAMN!! He would really be a huge asset to the RP team if he evr gets to join us...

kerouac82
06-29-2007, 01:02 AM
Erin Begonia

Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 130 lbs
Birth Date: 11/28/1984
Birth Place: Philippines
Ethnicity(s): | Filipino

http://www.asianathlete.com/AthleteDisplayForm.aspx?ID=389

We also have the Roque twins, Fil-Canadian sisters playing for Cleveland State.

thekidd
06-29-2007, 04:51 AM
we all know that Karl's wife has pinoy blood....
Karl malone junior.........

Heheheh he is only 12 years old.... he was born 1995....

Btw, who are other Basketball Players (NBA, PBA Imports) who had a filipina wife and had a son with her???

Like:

Bobby Parks - Ray Parks, 16 yrs old
Karl Malone - Karl Malone Jr., 12 yrs old
Norman Black - Aaron, 10 yrs. old

Probably if RP NT can trace who are NBA players who had a pinay wife or PBA imports who had a pinay wife, their sons are potential NT players of our future....

I know it is NOT a good basketball program or be considered as one, but we can have this option right?

JET007
06-29-2007, 06:36 AM
Real? i thoght he is filipino - african american :confused:

DaveMap2007
06-29-2007, 10:27 AM
In the coming 20 years
more will come

Son of Davonn Harp- Davonn Harp Jr.

Son of Stephen Howard(Ex-Jazz,Sta Lucia, San Miguel) and his Pinay Wife

Son of Jonathan Ordonio

Son of Darryl Smith (ExPBA IMport in Cebu residing(if he has a son))

Son of Other Fil-Ams right now (MAny to mention)......................

onono1
06-29-2007, 11:30 AM
In the coming 20 years
more will come

Son of Davonn Harp- Davonn Harp Jr.

Son of Stephen Howard(Ex-Jazz,Sta Lucia, San Miguel) and his Pinay Wife

Son of Jonathan Ordonio

Son of Darryl Smith (ExPBA IMport in Cebu residing(if he has a son))

Son of Other Fil-Ams right now (MAny to mention)......................

:rolleyes: You are talking about the future that cannot be assured if it would produce basketball players dude :D Would it be better if we stick to the present crops of fil-ams now :p Peace bro no offense ;)

Cool_Enz
07-01-2007, 04:10 PM
[B]Richmond delos Cientos of Contra Costa College, Joseph Dominguez of the University of Winnipeg in Canada, Clarence Cole 6'5 of Sta Ana, Cypress, Sanley de Castro of Harbor City College, Crispin Guinto 6'6 of San Jose State University, Michael Tablan of Centennial Colege, Canada, William Villa of BYU, Hawaii, Richard Michael of Sydney University

Okay, let's do this one by one...

Richmond Delos Cientos - Applied for the 2003 PBA Draft. Undrafted. Never made it to the PBL or PBA.

Joseph Dominguez - Pointguard, drafted by Purefoods (5th Rd. 38th Overall) in 2003 but never got to play in the PBA. Played one conference in the PBL with the LBC Batangas team where he teamed with the likes of Alex Compton, Froilan Baguion and Al Magpayo.

Clarence Lorenzo Cole - He was listed as a Filipino-Panamanian player, high leaper. Drafted by Red Bull (4th Rd. 34th Overall) in 2003, unsigned. Ended up playing for Shark Energy and John-O Juzz in the PBL.

Sanley De Castro - Guard, selected by Purefoods (6th Rd. 40th Overall) and was the last player drafted in the 2003 Rookie Draft. Unsigned. Never made it to the PBL and PBL.

Crispin Guintu Jr. - Big man who had a stint with the Pampanga Dragons in the defunct MBA. Undrafted in the 2003 Rookie Draft.

Michael Tablan - Applied but was later disqualified in the 2003 Draft.

William (Kahi) Villa - Wide bodied but undersized forward. Drafted by Talk N Text (3rd R. 26th Overall) in 2003. Played with the Pals until the 2004-05 PBA Fiesta Conference.

Richard Michael - Fil-Aussie, Applied but was disqualified in the 2003 Draft. He re-applied the following year but ended up undrafted. I believe he had stints in some minor leagues. :cool:

Dinamita
07-07-2007, 06:46 PM
next Jimmy Alapag?
Jeff Dosado
5'9 165 lbs.
Class: Jr
Pos: Point Guard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq6i24wNzbI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es3Xpo8WhyQ

cool_ash_23
07-08-2007, 02:14 AM
Aguilar used year off to improve game, on and off court

By ROB HERBST, The Daily News, rherbst@bgdailynews.com/783-3238
Thursday, July 5, 2007 11:39 AM CDT
Print this story | Email this story | | Smaller Text Text Size Larger Text

Joe Imel/Daily News
Western Kentucky's Japeth Aguilar, a native of the Philippines, is expected to compete for a starting postion in the post this season.

advertisement

It didn't take long for Japeth Aguilar to receive his “Welcome to American basketball” introduction.

Aguilar, who transferred to Western Kentucky from Ateneo de Manila in the Philippines last August, hadn't been used to the physical brand of basketball played in the United States but received a quick crash course.

The 6-foot-9 Aguilar was standing at the free-throw line in a scrimmage last year when a sprinting teammate ran into him. And according to Aguilar, the crash knocked him 15 feet away from where he originally stood.

“Oh my goodness,” Aguilar recalled. “When I first started, I used to get bumped and I'd be knocked out of control. It was a really big adjustment.”

It was a year of adjustments for Aguilar last season - from getting used to the physical play and style of American basketball to becoming comfortable with a new culture.

The Pampanga, Phillipines, native adjusted while redshirting at Western last year because of his transfer. But when he takes the court for the Hilltoppers this fall for his junior season, he'll be a player acclimated to his new surroundings.

“Last year was huge because the way he was practicing and playing from where he came from is nothing like what we do here,” WKU coach Darrin Horn said. “For him to be able to adjust and to be able to be a foreign player and adjust to life, language and academics here, he's made great strides.”

And on the court, those strides include getting used to physical play. Aguilar said he's gained 10 pounds since arriving at Western but is still a few pounds short of his ultimate goal of 220 pounds.

“There's so many more stronger and athletic players,” Aguilar said. “But I've gotten stronger with extra workouts in the weight room. Now, when I get bumped, I maintain my base.”

Even if Aguilar went through plenty of adjustments last year, the Hilltoppers could have used Aguilar last season.

There were plenty of times when Western's void inside was obvious. Western hopes that hole - because of Aguilar, other newcomers and the development of returning players - won't be so noticeable this season.

“No question (Aguilar could have been a factor),” Horn said. “At 6-9, how many nights did we feel like we just needed an athletic body out there - to bang and match length with North Texas, with South Alabama in our conference? We hope that's something he's definitely going to bring - an option in that area.”

Aguilar is expected to bring Western an imposing post presence.

During his sophomore season at Ateneo de Manila, he wasn't much of a scorer.

He averaged only 5.7 points and 5.3 rebounds, but he also averaged 3.2 blocks per game.

“He's got things that are hard to teach - height and length and terrific athleticism,” Horn said. “He's a terrific shot blocker and rebounds well.”

And Horn said Aguilar doesn't lack offensive skills.

“He's a guy that's got good skill level - can pass and catch, shoots the ball well, puts the ball on the floor really well for a player his size. He's coming along nicely.”

Aguilar has waited patiently for his opportunity to play while having to make a strong commitment to play basketball in the United States. Aguilar is reportedly the first Filipino-born basketball player to sign a Division I scholarship.

The route here began with his father Peter, who played in Philippine Basketball Association, before moving to the United States. Eventually, Japeth came over and participated in a summer camp with hopes of landing a scholarship offer.

“It's been a long wait for me,” Aguilar said. “From going through summer training and not playing last year, it's been a long wait. But it also helped me a lot.”

joel23
07-23-2007, 03:30 PM
next Jimmy Alapag?
Jeff Dosado
5'9 165 lbs.

I see I hope he's better than him...

b3lowzro
07-23-2007, 03:33 PM
Aguilar used year off to improve game, on and off court

By ROB HERBST, The Daily News, rherbst@bgdailynews.com/783-3238
Thursday, July 5, 2007 11:39 AM CDT
Print this story | Email this story | | Smaller Text Text Size Larger Text

Joe Imel/Daily News
Western Kentucky's Japeth Aguilar, a native of the Philippines, is expected to compete for a starting postion in the post this season.

advertisement

It didn't take long for Japeth Aguilar to receive his ?Welcome to American basketball? introduction.

Aguilar, who transferred to Western Kentucky from Ateneo de Manila in the Philippines last August, hadn't been used to the physical brand of basketball played in the United States but received a quick crash course.

The 6-foot-9 Aguilar was standing at the free-throw line in a scrimmage last year when a sprinting teammate ran into him. And according to Aguilar, the crash knocked him 15 feet away from where he originally stood.

?Oh my goodness,? Aguilar recalled. ?When I first started, I used to get bumped and I'd be knocked out of control. It was a really big adjustment.?

It was a year of adjustments for Aguilar last season - from getting used to the physical play and style of American basketball to becoming comfortable with a new culture.

The Pampanga, Phillipines, native adjusted while redshirting at Western last year because of his transfer. But when he takes the court for the Hilltoppers this fall for his junior season, he'll be a player acclimated to his new surroundings.

?Last year was huge because the way he was practicing and playing from where he came from is nothing like what we do here,? WKU coach Darrin Horn said. ?For him to be able to adjust and to be able to be a foreign player and adjust to life, language and academics here, he's made great strides.?

And on the court, those strides include getting used to physical play. Aguilar said he's gained 10 pounds since arriving at Western but is still a few pounds short of his ultimate goal of 220 pounds.

?There's so many more stronger and athletic players,? Aguilar said. ?But I've gotten stronger with extra workouts in the weight room. Now, when I get bumped, I maintain my base.?

Even if Aguilar went through plenty of adjustments last year, the Hilltoppers could have used Aguilar last season.

There were plenty of times when Western's void inside was obvious. Western hopes that hole - because of Aguilar, other newcomers and the development of returning players - won't be so noticeable this season.

?No question (Aguilar could have been a factor),? Horn said. ?At 6-9, how many nights did we feel like we just needed an athletic body out there - to bang and match length with North Texas, with South Alabama in our conference? We hope that's something he's definitely going to bring - an option in that area.?

Aguilar is expected to bring Western an imposing post presence.

During his sophomore season at Ateneo de Manila, he wasn't much of a scorer.

He averaged only 5.7 points and 5.3 rebounds, but he also averaged 3.2 blocks per game.

?He's got things that are hard to teach - height and length and terrific athleticism,? Horn said. ?He's a terrific shot blocker and rebounds well.?

And Horn said Aguilar doesn't lack offensive skills.

?He's a guy that's got good skill level - can pass and catch, shoots the ball well, puts the ball on the floor really well for a player his size. He's coming along nicely.?

Aguilar has waited patiently for his opportunity to play while having to make a strong commitment to play basketball in the United States. Aguilar is reportedly the first Filipino-born basketball player to sign a Division I scholarship.

The route here began with his father Peter, who played in Philippine Basketball Association, before moving to the United States. Eventually, Japeth came over and participated in a summer camp with hopes of landing a scholarship offer.

?It's been a long wait for me,? Aguilar said. ?From going through summer training and not playing last year, it's been a long wait. But it also helped me a lot.?

can you digest this and you're on the wrong thread
________
Expert Insurance (http://xpertinsurance.com/)

manu_bol
07-23-2007, 03:34 PM
I see I hope he's better than him...

just saw his vids.. he moves like a jimmy alapag!:cool:

b3lowzro
07-23-2007, 05:29 PM
Do we have taller guys in US? lets say 6'5-6'8, what happened to that Orry Pounders guy? his name just disappeared into oblivion. I know he's not a legit 7'0 but still at 6'3 he can still pound it inside like Hatfield or even Ali Peek
________
New relationship advice advice (http://www.love-help.org/new-relationship-advice/)

DaveMap2007
07-24-2007, 03:06 AM
DAn Mosley - considered at that time the great Fil-am player in the FIl-am league in the states....i though hw played for the pampanga dragons but never really see him played actually....at 6'3-6'4 he was a two guard-small forward.......no more news about him:confused:

bolabasket
07-24-2007, 03:26 AM
Do we have taller guys in US? lets say 6'5-6'8, what happened to that Orry Pounders guy? his name just disappeared into oblivion. I know he's not a legit 7'0 but still at 6'3 he can still pound it inside like Hatfield or even Ali Peek
maybe he's busy making quarter pounders....:D

rycorpz
07-24-2007, 04:36 AM
next Jimmy Alapag?
Jeff Dosado
5'9 165 lbs.

he should go to the pros(PBA) many teams will go after his services

bolabasket
07-24-2007, 05:44 AM
It's in his profile, I highlighted it below:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x287/GearX_2007/jeff_dosado.gif

rycorpz
07-24-2007, 10:44 AM
we are abundant of quality guards (miller, yap, caguioa, alapag, ryan reyes, ritualo, helterbrand, norwood, dosado), while our big men are very scarce.

kerouac82
07-24-2007, 11:24 AM
There have been sightings of that Jericho de Guzman kid in Chicago lately. Apparently, he's training with the same guy who worked with Japeth before he tried out for WKU. Sources say he's around 6'10", not as athletic as Jap but very tall. Played for FEU's team B last year before upping and moving to the US.

princejunar
07-24-2007, 01:03 PM
There have been sightings of that Jericho de Guzman kid in Chicago lately. Apparently, he's training with the same guy who worked with Japeth before he tried out for WKU. Sources say he's around 6'10", not as athletic as Jap but very tall. Played for FEU's team B last year before upping and moving to the US.
nice information bro, jerico is from angeles city and played high school in angeles univ. foundation. i will post jerico's picture soon. the report here he's only 17 stands 6'11 and still growing. maybe someday he will join the RP team.:)

kerouac82
07-25-2007, 01:06 AM
nice information bro, jerico is from angeles city and played high school in angeles univ. foundation. i will post jerico's picture soon. the report here he's only 17 stands 6'11 and still growing. maybe someday he will join the RP team.:)

Here's more or less the info I got from an insider in Gameface.ph: Jerico's 6'11", a bit on the thin side at 210 pounds, not as athletic as Jap. Might go to the DC area over the Labor Day weekend for an inter-city tourney.

princejunar
07-25-2007, 01:30 AM
Here's more or less the info I got from an insider in Gameface.ph: Jerico's 6'11", a bit on the thin side at 210 pounds, not as athletic as Jap. Might go to the DC area over the Labor Day weekend for an inter-city tourney.
yes bro, he's not athletic look, but if will see him he can run and dribble, lay up and shoot.i think he needs more time to practice, and gain more weights. let us give him time to grow,to prove that he is capable to join the RP team.
i think next olympic RP team will be one of the best in Asia, with the line up of Gian Chiu, Japeth Aguilar, Ronnie Aguilar, Jerico De Guzman, Rey Parks, Greg Slaughter. i cant wait to see this players playing in Asian games or in FIBA games.:)
thanks for the info jonar, pls keep gather more info about jerico.

rycorpz
07-25-2007, 05:52 AM
so we have 4 potential big men in the states right now R. Aguilar (7'0), J Aguilar (6'9), G. Chiu (6'10)and J. de Guzman (6'11) great news indeed

DiegoClang
07-25-2007, 06:13 AM
so we have 4 potential big men in the states right now R. Aguilar (7'0), J Aguilar 6'9), G. Chiu (6'10)and J. de Guzman (6'11) great news indeed
lots of potential talents for the 2010 world champs. Pinoy basketball is definetely back.

b3lowzro
07-25-2007, 05:57 PM
sadly theres a news that Ronnie ain't pinoy... check the other thread
________
HotRachel (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/HotRachel/)

Dinamita
07-25-2007, 08:39 PM
http://goswords.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/francisco_james00.html

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/sicksoul/James.jpg

Other Pinoys...
Men's Basketball All-Conference Team
2004-2005 Award Winners
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/sicksoul/stephens.jpg
Newcomer of the Year : nick Stephens - 6'5" forward from San Diego California. Stephens sat out the 05-06 season, in the 04-05, Nick led the Hawks in both scoring (17.2) and rebounding (6.8). Nick was voted "Newcomer of the Year" in the Cal-Pac and First Team All-Conference. The NAIA also recognized him as an All-American.

Highlights:Forward Nick Stephens led the Hawks with 26 points, making 9-of-14 of his field goal attempts and all five of his tries from behind the three-point arc.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/sicksoul/cumlat.jpg
Defensive Player of the Year: # 10 - Julius Cumlat
5'10" guard from Juneau Alaska. Two time California Pacific Conference First team Performer. Julius broke both, the single game assist record (15) and the single season assist record (236), this past season. He is also #2 all time on the programs career assist and steals list with 550 and 269 respectively. He ended the 05-06 season averging 8.3 points a game and 7.5 assist.

I believe these 3 played in FIL AMS TOURNAMENT...

bolabasket
07-26-2007, 01:15 AM
Of the three, I think only Nick Stephens has arrived on Philippine soil and played in the last PBL Conference.

onono1
07-26-2007, 02:23 AM

Eherm dude just asking...are you JonarSabilano and princejunar the same person? :rolleyes: Im just curious guys no harm though...

onono1
07-26-2007, 02:24 AM
yes bro, he's not athletic look, but if will see him he can run and dribble, lay up and shoot.i think he needs more time to practice, and gain more weights. let us give him time to grow,to prove that he is capable to join the RP team.
i think next olympic RP team will be one of the best in Asia, with the line up of Gian Chiu, Japeth Aguilar, Ronnie Aguilar, Jerico De Guzman, Rey Parks, Greg Slaughter. i cant wait to see this players playing in Asian games or in FIBA games.:)
thanks for the info jonar, pls keep gather more info about jerico.

Eherm dude just asking...are you JonarSabilano and princejunar the same person? :rolleyes: Im just curious guys no harm though...

kerouac82
07-26-2007, 02:25 AM

Nope. You could easily tell us apart by the way we type things. :) princejunar is from Angeles City, while I haven't been there for the longest time :D

islander
07-26-2007, 02:55 AM

i think you are the person who started this de guzman thing, well if its true then rp basketball has something to look forward to but if it's a hoax i dont know what kind of satisfaction you're getting from misimforming us...i hope this is all true.:confused:

aklanarcher
07-26-2007, 02:59 AM
Wow we have a plenty of young and tall big men. I just hope they all develop into quality players.

kerouac82
07-26-2007, 03:16 AM
i think you are the person who started this de guzman thing, well if its true then rp basketball has something to look forward to but if it's a hoax i dont know what kind of satisfaction you're getting from misimforming us...i hope this is all true.:confused:

Disclaimer: Me and princejunar are not the same. :cool:

That being set aside, I have all the reason to believe that Jerico is not a hoax. This was a guy who tried out for both Ateneo and FEU and didn't make the cut in both teams due to the surplus of big men both teams have. Last year, he was around 6'8" and was playing for FEU's Team B.

The information re: his stint in Chicago is second-hand; however, the source is very reputable, being the same person who broke the news about Jap's impending transfer to WKU.

prinz180916
07-26-2007, 03:51 AM
gabe norwood hope he can play here in the philipinnes basketball hope our team piliinas wins in this fiba game weeee team pilipinas kaya nyo yan

joel23
07-26-2007, 04:56 AM
Gabe Norwood's paper success!!!

princejunar
07-26-2007, 05:25 AM
we're not the same bro, just check our profiles.
yes i was the one who started the topic about jerico, he's really exists guys. just wait and see i will post jerico's pix here, oh i will post it first in pacland:D .

DaveMap2007
08-05-2007, 09:53 AM
Anybody from the states have the idea of the roster in Valencia HS in Cali, or in Sonoma Schools....i think there are plenty pinoys in those schools...

joel23
08-05-2007, 12:40 PM
http://goswords.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/francisco_james00.html

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/sicksoul/James.jpg

Other Pinoys...
Men's Basketball All-Conference Team
2004-2005 Award Winners
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/sicksoul/stephens.jpg
Newcomer of the Year : nick Stephens - 6'5" forward from San Diego California. Stephens sat out the 05-06 season, in the 04-05, Nick led the Hawks in both scoring (17.2) and rebounding (6.8). Nick was voted "Newcomer of the Year" in the Cal-Pac and First Team All-Conference. The NAIA also recognized him as an All-American.

Highlights:Forward Nick Stephens led the Hawks with 26 points, making 9-of-14 of his field goal attempts and all five of his tries from behind the three-point arc.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/sicksoul/cumlat.jpg
Defensive Player of the Year: # 10 - Julius Cumlat
5'10" guard from Juneau Alaska. Two time California Pacific Conference First team Performer. Julius broke both, the single game assist record (15) and the single season assist record (236), this past season. He is also #2 all time on the programs career assist and steals list with 550 and 269 respectively. He ended the 05-06 season averging 8.3 points a game and 7.5 assist.

I believe these 3 played in FIL AMS TOURNAMENT...

the NAIA players mostly aren't good player

joel23
08-05-2007, 12:43 PM
Lets priority finding the talent and taller Fil-Ams in NCAA div1 and stronger NCAA div1 teams especially sweet 16. Requirements atleast 20pts average:

11 rebs and 3blks for 6'9 above

11 ast for 6'1 above PG

watiwawa
08-05-2007, 02:02 PM
Lets priority finding the talent and taller Fil-Ams in NCAA div1 and stronger NCAA div1 teams especially sweet 16. Requirements atleast 20pts average:

11 ast for 6'1 above PG

avr. 20+ points = THE NEXT MICHAEL JORDAN
11 rebs + 3blks + GREG ODEN
11 ast = STEVE NASH

:D PEACE BRO!!

snipes12
08-05-2007, 02:53 PM
beaunell balingit

watiwawa
08-07-2007, 11:33 AM
kapamilya deal or no eal winner of 2 million pesos.. allen aguada(not rily xur)

rhk111
08-07-2007, 12:56 PM

If this guy ended up in FEU's Team B, then I guess he's just another Chris Saguitan, the 6'8" Center whom Ekwe has been embarassing for years now on SBC's Team B.

As for him not making Ateneo or FEU's main team, if I were the Coach, if there's a big man out there who can show that's he's better than the big man I already have, then by all means he will be given a place in the team.

But if he doesn't show anything special, or even worst than the current players I have, then there's no reason for me to get him.

I think all this kid has, is height. Too bad for him.

bernville
08-07-2007, 01:44 PM
Its good to find Jericho De Guzman's news.. upon trainning at america and lift weights develop a built of a eric menk... thats good.. more infos on J-DG:)

watiwawa
08-07-2007, 01:53 PM
If this guy ended up in FEU's Team B, then I guess he's just another Chris Saguitan, the 6'8" Center whom Ekwe has been embarassing for years now on SBC's Team B.

As for him not making Ateneo or FEU's main team, if I were the Coach, if there's a big man out there who can show that's he's better than the big man I already have, then by all means he will be given a place in the team.

But if he doesn't show anything special, or even worst than the current players I have, then there's no reason for me to get him.

that's why he is training in the US...:D

kerouac82
08-08-2007, 02:01 AM

Speaking of Eric Suguitan, he is currently with the ACSAT Lightnings of the UCAA.

There is also a 6'9" player from San Sebastian named Francis de Leon. This kid has a good shooting touch from short range but is reed thin and soft on defense. Sam Ekwe took him to school in their last match-up.

rhk111
08-08-2007, 02:05 AM
^^^
I think his teammate, a guy named "Ballesteros", is also 6'8"-6'9". The problem is, like De Leon, he's also not much of a player.

rhk111
08-08-2007, 02:17 AM
* Speaking of tall Pinoys, a poster named, "Dung Markus" from the Pacland Basketball Forums made a list of all KNOWN Filipinos, and Fil-foreigners who are 6'7" & above. Allow me to post the list here (this (http://forum.philboxing.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=77081&sid=552e49ff4629e0154d46246a26313837) is the link to the original thread):

Tallest Filipino Basketball Players of All-Time
Note: Height is based on the measurements that appear in various media sources and not necessarily the actual physical measurements. If you know the actual height of these players, please tell me. I did not include yet 6'11 Gregory Fuentes Slaughter of the University of the Visayas since I am not sure of the guy yet.

1) Raul Dillo 7’3” University of the East (UAAP), San Juan Knights (MBA)
2) EJ Feihl 7’0” Adamson University (UAAP), Ginebra, Purefoods, Alaska, Red Bull (PBA)
3) Samigue Eman 6’10” University of Mindanao, Rain or Shine (PBL)
4) Andrew John Seigle 6’9” Talk N Text, Purefoods, Brgy Ginebra (PBA)
5) Marlou Aquino 6’9” Adamson University (UAAP), Ginebra, Sta Lucia Realty (PBA)
6) Bonnel Balingit 6’9” Swift, Tanduay, Purefoods (PBA)
7). Mick Pennisi 6’9” Red Bull (PBA)
8) Frederick Canlas 6’9” Formula Shell (PBA)
9) Asi Taulava 6’9” Talk N Text (PBA)
10) Japeth Aguilar 6’9” Ateneo (UAAP), Western Kentucky University (NCAA)
11) Gian Chiu 6’9” Ateneo HS (UAAP)
12) Paolo Napo 6’9” University of the East (UAAP)
13) Danny Jomamil 6’9” Adamson University (UAAP)
14) Vincent San Diego 6’9” De La Salle University (UAAP)
15) James Walkvist 6’8” Ginebra (PBA)
16) Yancy de Ocampo 6’8” St Francis (NCRAA), Air21, Talk N Text (PBA)
17) Raffy Reavies 6’8” Swift, Brgy Ginebra (PBA)
18) Joachim Thoss 6’8” Alaska (PBA)
19) Bonifacio de Jesus 6’8” RP Team Youth Asian Games (1978)
20) Don Yabut 6’8” Far Eastern University (UAAP), Welcoat (PBL)
21) Francis de Leon 6’8” San Sebastian College (NCAA)
22) Jason Ballesteros 6’8” San Sebastian College (NCAA)
23) Eric Suguitan 6’8” University of the East (UAAP)
24) Lawrence Bonus 6’7” University of Manila, Montana (PBL)
25) Alex Crisano 6’7” Ginebra, Tanduay (PBA)
26) Dong Polistico 6’7” Alaska (PBA)
27) Cris Bolado 6’7” National University (UAAP), Alaska, Swift, Ginebra, Purefoods (PBA)
28) Mark Kong 6’7” Adamson University (UAAP), Alaska, San Miguel (PBA)
29) Mark Andaya 6’7” Letran College (NCAA), Talk N Text (PBA)
30) Gilbert Lao 6’7” University of Sto. Thomas (UAAP) Coca Cola, Welcoat (PBA)
31) Dorian Peρa 6’7” Coppin State (NCAA), San Miguel (PBA)
32) Giovanni Pineda 6’7” Adamson University (UAAP), Alaska (PBA)
33) Clark “Pep” Moore 6’7” San Sebastian College (NCAA)
34) Dino Berame 6’7” University of the Visayas (CESAFI)

* About half of these players ended up in the PBA, but none so far has reached MVP level.

* It shows that we have had quite a number of opportunities to develop taller players, but just missed out on it due to one reason or another. Probably due to some of these guy's lack of natural athletic talent.

asapa11
08-08-2007, 02:19 AM
I think his teammate, a guy named "Ballesteros", is also 6'8"-6'9". The problem is, like De Leon, he's also not much of a player

ballesteros is a good player compared to de leon, he is more athletic and quicker, but i still think he is not good enough, if im not mistaken, ballesteros is 6'6"-6'7" not 6'8-6'9.

kerouac82
08-08-2007, 02:20 AM
^^^
I think his teammate, a guy named "Ballesteros", is also 6'8"-6'9". The problem is, like De Leon, he's also not much of a player.

Jason Ballesteros is listed as 6'6". He just looks taller because he's thin. He is better than De Leon offensively, which is not saying much. But at least he has seen some PBL experience.

asapa11
08-08-2007, 02:24 AM
i wonder where this pep moore guy... is he half-pinoy? as far as i remember he was a player sansebastian and was good. and also played for cebuana RP team along with canaleta and samigue eman. is he good enough for the PBA? if yes, then why is not in the pba. and also, he could play PF for our national team if he is good enough.

kerouac82
08-08-2007, 02:28 AM
* Speaking of tall Pinoys, a poster named, "Dung Markus" from the Pacland Basketball Forums made a list of all KNOWN Filipinos, and Fil-foreigners who are 6'7" & above. Allow me to post the list here (this (http://forum.philboxing.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=77081&sid=552e49ff4629e0154d46246a26313837) is the link to the original thread):

Note: Height is based on the measurements that appear in various media sources and not necessarily the actual physical measurements. If you know the actual height of these players, please tell me. I did not include yet 6'11 Gregory Fuentes Slaughter of the University of the Visayas since I am not sure of the guy yet.

2) EJ Feihl 7’0” Adamson University (UAAP), Ginebra, Purefoods, Alaska, Red Bull (PBA)
5) James Walkvist 6’9” Ginebra (PBA)
6) Marlou Aquino 6’9” Adamson University (UAAP), Ginebra, Sta Lucia Realty (PBA)
7) Bonnel Balingit 6’9” Swift, Tanduay, Purefoods (PBA)
8. Mick Pennisi 6’9” Red Bull (PBA)
9) Frederick Canlas 6’9” Formula Shell (PBA)
10) Asi Taulava 6’9” Talk N Text (PBA)
11) Japeth Aguilar 6’9” Ateneo (UAAP), Western Kentucky University (NCAA)
12) Gian Chiu 6’9” Ateneo HS (UAAP)
13) Paolo Napo 6’9” University of the East (UAAP)
14) Danny Jomamil 6’9” Adamson University (UAAP)
15) Yancy de Ocampo 6’8” St Francis (NCRAA), Air21, Talk N Text (PBA)
16) Raffy Reavies 6’8” Swift, Brgy Ginebra (PBA)
17) Joachim Thoss 6’8” Alaska (PBA)
18) Bonifacio de Jesus 6’8” RP Team Youth Asian Games (1978)
19) Don Yabut 6’8” Far Eastern University (UAAP), Welcoat (PBL)
20) Francis de Leon 6’8” San Sebastian College (NCAA)
21) Jason Ballesteros 6’8” San Sebastian College (NCAA)
22) Eric Suguitan 6’8” University of the East (UAAP)
23) Lawrence Bonus 6’7” University of Manila, Montana (PBL)
24) Alex Crisano 6’7” Ginebra, Tanduay (PBA)
25) Dong Polistico 6’7” Alaska (PBA)
26) Cris Bolado 6’7” National University (UAAP), Alaska, Swift, Ginebra, Purefoods (PBA)
27) Mark Kong 6’7” Adamson University (UAAP), Alaska, San Miguel (PBA)
28) Mark Andaya 6’7” Letran College (NCAA), Talk N Text (PBA)
29) Vincent San Diego 6’7” De La Salle University (UAAP)
31) Dorian Peρa 6’7” Cornell University (NCAA), San Miguel (PBA)
34) Philip Butel 6’7” University of the East (UAAP)
35) Dino Berame 6’7” University of the Visayas (CESAFI)

* About half of these players ended up in the PBA, but none so far has reached MVP level.

* It shows that we have had quite a number of opportunities to develop taller players, but just missed out on it due to one reason or another. Probably due to some of these guy's lack of natural athletic talent.

I'll add a few corrections, if you won't mind:

- Dorian Peρa played for Coppin State, not Cornell. Coppin State also produced former PBA import Terquin Mott. Dorian's brother is also playing for the same school. There is one PBA player, though, who played for Cornell: Alex Compton.

- Marlou Aquino had a stellar rookie season. That is, before he started doing those clumsy "jolens" moves. He had a pretty good jump hook as a player for Stag Pale Pilsen in the PBA, though. Too bad he did not take advantage of that move.

- Vincent San Diego is 6'9".

- Philip Butel is 6'6".

- James Walkvist is 6'8".

JET007
08-09-2007, 10:49 PM
Actually Japeth and Gian aren't Fil-ams. They are Filipino citizens that happen to be playing basketball in the States.
thats even better...:D

DaveMap2007
08-10-2007, 11:11 AM
i wonder where this pep moore guy... is he half-pinoy? as far as i remember he was a player sansebastian and was good. and also played for cebuana RP team along with canaleta and samigue eman. is he good enough for the PBA? if yes, then why is not in the pba. and also, he could play PF for our national team if he is good enough.

hmmmm Clark Pep Moore...it depends on the level of what is good for you...he doesnt have a perimeter game and a decent high percentage shot...all he does during his college, PBL and Cebuana Lhullier back national team was mediocre rebounding stats.........HE now back to his birth place in the US.........

gtrek
08-11-2007, 09:39 AM
Dino Berame - 6'8" one of promising big man from Cebu...He got an invitation from coach Junil Baculi to try out for SEAG National Team.

Raul Dillo - 7'3" played in Asian High School Championship in Korea with Adamson High School plus some best high school cager like future PBA star (Gherome ejercito, Eddie Laure, Dennis Madrid etc...
He was discovered by Adamson High School Coach Charlie Dy and give intensive training program just suddenly stole by UE. But never give a chance to play in UAAP. During an interview in Adamson paper, He said he have a younger brother with same height. But he never know where he was now...

Sayang!

protossdomain
08-11-2007, 12:32 PM
Its good to find Jericho De Guzman's news.. upon trainning at america and lift weights develop a built of a eric menk... thats good.. more infos on J-DG:)

Forget it. >_<

thadzonline
10-18-2007, 02:47 AM
As for Jon Ordonio he simple went back to the US after citizenship issue (even thou he is a real Fil-Am (for god sake DOJ what's wrong with you:mad: bobo) technicality issue was the reason)......His last PBA team was the REdbull after stints with Alaska and Pop Cola.......Playing Opportunites was also the main reason.....He seems to be becoming a Journey man and once the citizenship issue came up...well he made his mind to give up.....

Jon Ordonio now coaches a high school team(asst. coach) in CA, an he plans to come back to PI not to play ballbut to bring his kids to Boracay..

armorpiercing
10-18-2007, 05:53 AM
sadly theres a news that Ronnie ain't pinoy... check the other thread

wana bet we can make ronie aguilar a legitimate fil am. ( if he is that good as advertised ) :) ;) :cool:

donlyn
10-18-2007, 06:46 AM
just found out this link

i dont know if he is fil am but he sounds like one...
http://www.lynn.edu/index.php?src=directory&srctype=display&id=13184&submenu=BasketballMen&view=BasketballMen_detail&category=Basketball%20Men%20Roster

thadzonline
10-18-2007, 07:03 AM
he looks Pinoy to me, look at features, black hair, brown skinned, man I hope he really is, 15 points and 15 rebounds as a high school senior

Lebron23
10-18-2007, 09:27 AM
just found out this link

i dont know if he is fil am but he sounds like one...
http://www.lynn.edu/index.php?src=directory&srctype=display&id=13184&submenu=BasketballMen&view=BasketballMen_detail&category=Basketball%20Men%20Roster

He looks like a mix of Latino, Carribean or maybe 50 percent Pinoy to me.

sergio23
10-18-2007, 10:17 AM
bring em home!!!!

joel23
10-18-2007, 01:43 PM
I hope he have Filipino blood

Dinamita
10-18-2007, 06:47 PM
and he has a twin brother too... :D

his hometown is FLORIDA... not a good sign... florida is known for latino immigrants... puerto rican's... carribean's...

ankle breaker
10-18-2007, 09:17 PM

his hometown is FLORIDA... not a good sign... florida is known for latino immigrants... puerto rican's... carribean's...
i think he's more filipino than a latino. his lastname is a common and known filipino last name. haven't heard that vidal is a latino name too.

ankle breaker
10-18-2007, 09:20 PM
Gabe Norwood's paper success!!!
what do you mean about this? if i understand you correctly, you mean norwood successfully got all the required documents to play in RP. am i right?

ankle breaker
10-18-2007, 09:21 PM

11 ast for 6'1 above PG
nobody in the NCAA can average that stats. i think you're dreaming bro.

ankle breaker
10-18-2007, 09:24 PM

5) Marlou Aquino 6’9” Adamson University (UAAP), Ginebra, Sta Lucia Realty (PBA)
6) Bonnel Balingit 6’9” Swift, Tanduay, Purefoods (PBA)
7). Mick Pennisi 6’9” Red Bull (PBA)
8) Frederick Canlas 6’9” Formula Shell (PBA)
9) Asi Taulava 6’9” Talk N Text (PBA)
10) Japeth Aguilar 6’9” Ateneo (UAAP), Western Kentucky University (NCAA)
11) Gian Chiu 6’9” Ateneo HS (UAAP)
12) Paolo Napo 6’9” University of the East (UAAP)
13) Danny Jomamil 6’9” Adamson University (UAAP)
14) Vincent San Diego 6’9” De La Salle University (UAAP)
15) James Walkvist 6’8” Ginebra (PBA)
16) Yancy de Ocampo 6’8” St Francis (NCRAA), Air21, Talk N Text (PBA)
17) Raffy Reavies 6’8” Swift, Brgy Ginebra (PBA)
18) Joachim Thoss 6’8” Alaska (PBA)
19) Bonifacio de Jesus 6’8” RP Team Youth Asian Games (1978)
20) Don Yabut 6’8” Far Eastern University (UAAP), Welcoat (PBL)
21) Francis de Leon 6’8” San Sebastian College (NCAA)
22) Jason Ballesteros 6’8” San Sebastian College (NCAA)
23) Eric Suguitan 6’8” University of the East (UAAP)
24) Lawrence Bonus 6’7” University of Manila, Montana (PBL)
25) Alex Crisano 6’7” Ginebra, Tanduay (PBA)
26) Dong Polistico 6’7” Alaska (PBA)
27) Cris Bolado 6’7” National University (UAAP), Alaska, Swift, Ginebra, Purefoods (PBA)
28) Mark Kong 6’7” Adamson University (UAAP), Alaska, San Miguel (PBA)
29) Mark Andaya 6’7” Letran College (NCAA), Talk N Text (PBA)
31) Dorian Peρa 6’7” Coppin State (NCAA), San Miguel (PBA)
34) Dino Berame 6’7” University of the Visayas (CESAFI)

where's 6'11" greg slaughter and 6'8" junmar fajardo?

kerouac82
10-19-2007, 01:21 AM

This list was made last year.

ankle breaker
10-19-2007, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankle breaker

This list was made last year.

looks like it is.

rhk111
10-19-2007, 11:24 PM
It was made before this year's college season started. And as posted in my initial post, it was taken from the "Pacland" forums.

I'll make the updates as soon as am able.

dannyb
10-21-2007, 11:36 PM

he looks more cuban to me..

thadzonline
11-09-2007, 01:57 AM
here's one more:

6-7 Jojo Omandam, ex-JRU Team B member, ex-NBC player for Pagadian Explorers and now training with the UV Green Lancers...his eligibility to play in the CESAFI though is still in question

L8DBACK
11-10-2007, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernville
Its good to find Jericho De Guzman's news.. upon trainning at america and lift weights develop a built of a eric menk... thats good.. more infos on J-DG

Forget it. >_<

I may have to totally agree with you. Some people put too much hype on a young player like Jerico just because he's tall. He has to really really prove himself or he's just another tall person that can't play basketball.

Jerico has a long way to go. He doesn't have the qualifications/criteria to make in the NCAA Div I School. He is going to a small college school that is not even in the NCAA. At least Japeth Aguilar's school, WKU is in the top 50 basketball schools in the NCAA. Martin Methodist is a coeducational, liberal arts college and is affiliated with the United Methodist Church. For many years it was a junior college but now offers several four-year degrees. The school has several intercollegiate sports programs and is a member of the NAIA.

The NAIA (National Association of Intercollegiate Athletiscs) is an association that is geared for smaller colleges/universities that are not in the NCAA. It was formed on the grounds that the older, larger NCAA was predominantly oriented toward larger institutions, particularly those which played "big time" college basketball.

geo
11-11-2007, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernville
Its good to find Jericho De Guzman's news.. upon trainning at america and lift weights develop a built of a eric menk... thats good.. more infos on J-DG

I may have to totally agree with you. Some people put too much hype on a young player like Jerico just because he's tall. He has to really really prove himself or he's just another tall person that can't play basketball.

Jerico has a long way to go. He doesn't have the qualifications/criteria to make in the NCAA Div I School. He is going to a small college school that is not even in the NCAA. At least Japeth Aguilar's school, WKU is in the top 50 basketball schools in the NCAA. Martin Methodist is a coeducational, liberal arts college and is affiliated with the United Methodist Church. For many years it was a junior college but now offers several four-year degrees. The school has several intercollegiate sports programs and is a member of the NAIA.

The NAIA (National Association of Intercollegiate Athletiscs) is an association that is geared for smaller colleges/universities that are not in the NCAA. It was formed on the grounds that the older, larger NCAA was predominantly oriented toward larger institutions, particularly those which played "big time" college basketball.

Yeah that kid has a lot of things to prove. He is way way way behind Japeth, even way behind compared to GS and a lot behind Gian Chui.:( in terms of skills in basketball.

ankle breaker
11-12-2007, 06:37 PM
joven cortes, emel rowe and enrico llanto leading the way for USC in another titular showdown with the green lancers in 2008 CESAFI finals.

thadzonline
11-13-2007, 02:09 AM
joven cortes, emel rowe and enrico llanto leading the way for USC in another titular showdown with the green lancers in 2008 CESAFI finals.

plus probably one more surprise player :-D

are you carolinian ankle breaker? PM me

ramiscar
11-13-2007, 03:58 AM

CEBU DAILY NEWS - SPORTS

Another Fil-Aussie?

November 12, 2007
Updated 16:06:14 (Mla time)

Cebu Daily News

CEBU CITY, Philippines - The search for the final piece in the puzzle of the University of San Carlos (USC) Warriors’ elusive bid for its first title in the Cesafi cage wars have prodded them to look far and away for it.

In this case, the land down under, Australia, where a few days after officially signing 6-foot-4 guard Fil-Australian guard Emel Rowe, USC is now looking at the possibility of adding yet again another Fil-Australian to their fold in the person of 6-foot-2 guard PJ Estorque.

Estorque, a former teammate of Rowe in the Melbourne Metropolitan Basketball League, is a 21-year-old guard whose mother hails from Pampanga and whose father comes from the Visayas region.

According to a USC alumnus who is currently in talks with Estorque for his possible recruitment to the Warriors, the wily guard wants to follow in the footsteps of Rowe, who has already reportedly agreed to play for USC.

Both players are bent on making the national scene next year, first off with the Philippine Basketball League.

Both were also heavily wooed by the Ateneo De Manila University Blue Eagles but Rowe and Estorque balked at the possibility after learning that they had to sit out two years before being able to suit up, because of the stringent UAAP rules regarding transferees.

Estorque, though, is still trying to make a decision while at the same time, finishing his degree in Finance Statistics from Monesh University in Australia. /Correspondent Jonas Panerio

thadzonline
11-13-2007, 05:01 AM
maybe thats one surprise which is no longer a surprise...lol...and probably another one

ankle breaker
11-13-2007, 03:28 PM

used to be one.

trigun_08
11-15-2007, 08:51 AM
CEBU DAILY NEWS - SPORTS

Another Fil-Aussie?

November 12, 2007
Updated 16:06:14 (Mla time)

Cebu Daily News

CEBU CITY, Philippines - The search for the final piece in the puzzle of the University of San Carlos (USC) Warriors’ elusive bid for its first title in the Cesafi cage wars have prodded them to look far and away for it.

In this case, the land down under, Australia, where a few days after officially signing 6-foot-4 guard Fil-Australian guard Emel Rowe, USC is now looking at the possibility of adding yet again another Fil-Australian to their fold in the person of 6-foot-2 guard PJ Estorque.

Estorque, a former teammate of Rowe in the Melbourne Metropolitan Basketball League, is a 21-year-old guard whose mother hails from Pampanga and whose father comes from the Visayas region.

According to a USC alumnus who is currently in talks with Estorque for his possible recruitment to the Warriors, the wily guard wants to follow in the footsteps of Rowe, who has already reportedly agreed to play for USC.

Both players are bent on making the national scene next year, first off with the Philippine Basketball League.

Both were also heavily wooed by the Ateneo De Manila University Blue Eagles but Rowe and Estorque balked at the possibility after learning that they had to sit out two years before being able to suit up, because of the stringent UAAP rules regarding transferees.

Estorque, though, is still trying to make a decision while at the same time, finishing his degree in Finance Statistics from Monesh University in Australia. /Correspondent Jonas Panerio

wow another fil-foreign... are they good(6-foot-2 guard PJ Estorqueand 6'4 rowe) , does any1 see them play????

thadzonline
11-15-2007, 03:26 PM
wow another fil-foreign... are they good(6-foot-2 guard PJ Estorqueand 6'4 rowe) , does any1 see them play????

Ive seen Rowe in training, kid's got great stamina, excellent conditioning

ankle breaker
11-15-2007, 07:08 PM
can't wait to see him play.

thadzonline
11-16-2007, 03:19 AM
can't wait to see him play.

we'll see him play by June yet(Rowe)..wasnt able to enrol this sem, didnt have his high school records with him when he came to Cebu

Dinamita
11-16-2007, 04:04 AM
we'll see him play by June yet(Rowe)..wasnt able to enrol this sem, didnt have his high school records with him when he came to Cebu

how stupid is that... :rolleyes:

He's transferring and didnt even bother to bring his school paperworks.. lol..:D :D :D

thadzonline
11-16-2007, 06:45 AM
how stupid is that... :rolleyes:

He's transferring and didnt even bother to bring his school paperworks.. lol..:D :D :D

when he came to USC he wasnt decided yet..when he came to a decision it was too late to get his papers in time for the enrolment...kid's just too excited, haha..he came to town with only his Aussie passport and basketball gear nothing else :D:D:D:D

chokois
11-16-2007, 12:08 PM
Can u please check out this link. His Name, Parents sounds Filipino to Me. But He looks Mexican to me. He is part of Cal State- San Bernardino.

http://athletics.csusb.edu/bios/menbasketball/bio-menbasketball-Estrada.htm

No. 22
JAMES ESTRADA
6-2, Junior, Guard
Garden Grove

BEFORE CAL STATE: Estrada played two years of basketball at Orange Coast College where he earned the “Mr. Hustle” award.

HIGH SCHOOL: He is a 2003 graduate of Pacifica High School in Garden Grove where he was first-team all-league in basketball, played three seasons of volleyball and ran one season of cross country.

PERSONAL: Estrada is majoring in studio art. His career goal is to have his own television show. He enjoys working out, playing guitar, surfing and drawing in his spare time. His parents are Jenne and Art Aguilar and Edward Estrada.

COMMUNITY SERVICE: He coached spring and fall basketball at Pacifica HS.

FAVORITES: Pro team – Los Angeles Lakers; Pro athlete – Chone Figgins; Movie – “Back to Future”; TV program – Seinfeld; Music – Johnny Cash; Video game – Tetris; Treat – Almond Snickers; Person(s) that inspired you the most – my parents.

chokois
11-16-2007, 12:58 PM
Im trying to find some players who sound Filipino...and i found these...just click on the link and help us out...

http://athletics.sfsu.edu/docs/bios/crodriguez.shtml
- Chris Rodriguez from San Francisco State Univ (SFSU)

http://athletics.sfsu.edu/docs/bios/athomas.shtml
- Alex Thomas from SFSU

http://athletics.sfsu.edu/docs/bios/van%20someren.shtml
- David Someren from SFSU

http://athletics.sfsu.edu/docs/bios/flores.shtml
- Martin Flores from SFSU

http://www.csulaathletics.com/roster.asp?playerid=289&sport=2
- Junior Rodriguez from Cal State L.A

ankle breaker
11-16-2007, 01:26 PM
Im trying to find some players who sound Filipino...and i found these...just click on the link and help us out...

- Alex Thomas from SFSU

they look hispanic than a pinoy. however, proper verification must be done to check their ethnicity. you may forward this to BAP-SBP.

onono1
11-16-2007, 01:26 PM

- Alex Thomas from SFSU

Chokois no offense but kindly look at latino basketball websites too wherein filipino sounded names and pinoy physical looks are so common to find...

amamangloy
11-26-2007, 12:01 PM
http://www.vcuathletics.com//pics21/0/BR/BRAAZBETFJKPXGY.20071022215903.jpg

JOEY RODRIGUEZ of Virginia COmmonwealth!
he looks pinoy to me!

onono1
11-26-2007, 12:32 PM
http://www.vcuathletics.com//pics21/0/BR/BRAAZBETFJKPXGY.20071022215903.jpg

JOEY RODRIGUEZ of Virginia COmmonwealth!
he looks pinoy to me!

Hahahaha, here we are again, that filipino sounded names and asian-hispanic physical looks paranoia. Joey Rodriguez 5-10 commonwealth virginia point guard is of latino origin, no single drop of filipino blood dude!!! :D

ankle breaker
11-26-2007, 03:23 PM
desperation mode?

trigun_08
11-26-2007, 04:06 PM
he looks lyk a football player hehehehe we need him to kick some ass in fiba asia championship

bolabasket
11-27-2007, 01:18 AM
what we need are 6-6 and above fil-ams...we have lots of homegrown 6-4 below who can blow by these "short" fil-ams...

RayV
11-27-2007, 01:54 AM
what we need are 6-6 and above fil-ams...we have lots of homegrown 6-4 below who can blow by these "short" fil-ams...

Haha... so true... amen to that! :D

Burndvinyard
11-27-2007, 03:50 AM
Hahahaha, here we are again, that filipino sounded names and asian-hispanic physical looks paranoia. Joey Rodriguez 5-10 commonwealth virginia point guard is of latino origin, no single drop of filipino blood dude!!! :D

maybe Carlos Arroyo and Gilbert Arenas are half-Filipinos as well?:D :D :D

on another note, a considerable number of Filipino seamen permanently stayed in Mexico during the galleon trade era. And most Filipino laborers in Hawaii married their Puerto Rican co-workers...so your speculations on these "Filipino-sounding" Latinos may have some truth to it. The problem is, even if they do have some tinge of Filipino blood, most probably they are not aware of it.:p

ankle breaker
11-27-2007, 03:48 PM
maybe Carlos Arroyo and Gilbert Arenas are half-Filipinos as well?:D :D :D

on another note, a considerable number of Filipino seamen permanently stayed in Mexico during the galleon trade era. And most Filipino laborers in Hawaii married their Puerto Rican co-workers...so your speculations on these "Filipino-sounding" Latinos may have some truth to it. The problem is, even if they do have some tinge of Filipino blood, most probably they are not aware of it.:p
carlos arroyo is the nephew of mike arroyo while gilbert arenas is the long lost son of rosemarie baby arenas.:D
marcus and aj slaughter are the half brothers of Greg Slaughter.

C2Hamm
11-27-2007, 05:10 PM
Here-> http://basketball.bc.ca/elite/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=139&Itemid=149
guy that the youth coach is eyeing.

Here are other players from the same program who looks Filipino:
Joel -> http://basketball.bc.ca/elite/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=146&Itemid=156
Aurel -> http://basketball.bc.ca/elite/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=177&Itemid=191

to the guy who emails Coach Eric A, we need to stop these guys from playing FIBA sanctioned tourneys under canada. If they do, then they cant play for us anymore.

ramiscar
11-28-2007, 01:41 AM
^^ Calling Dinamita please email this info to coach A....

Dinamita
11-29-2007, 12:31 AM
he looks like one...

http://basketball.bc.ca/elite/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=179&Itemid=189

Dinamita
11-30-2007, 07:37 AM
to the guy who emails Coach Eric A, we need to stop these guys from playing FIBA sanctioned tourneys under canada. If they do, then they cant play for us anymore.

Coach Eric A's reply

Thank you for your email. Coach Franz mentioned this
to the group already. Hopefuly, we can convince him
and his parents to come here and play for the RP Youth
Team.

RayV
11-30-2007, 07:45 AM
Aurel -> http://basketball.bc.ca/elite/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=177&Itemid=191

I got surprised with this part:

TOUGHEST PLAYER I'VE EVER PLAYED AGAINST: Brandon Roy

:D :D

5'6" against a 6'5".... yeah, Aurel would've had a tough, tough time alright!!

ankle breaker
11-30-2007, 03:33 PM

maybe brandon roy is from canada.

donlyn
12-01-2007, 01:25 AM

maybe just a namesake.

Alex07
12-06-2007, 03:36 AM
Lorenzo Mata-Real he looks latino but i hope someone checks this dude's background.He is 6'9/240 pounds playing for the UCLA bruins.

http://uclabruins.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/matareal_lorenzo00.html

kerouac82
12-06-2007, 05:34 AM
Lorenzo Mata-Real he looks latino but i hope someone checks this dude's background.He is 6'9/240 pounds playing for the UCLA bruins.

Tough luck. He just played for the Mexican national team in this year's FIBA-Americas championships. Not Pinoy at all. Not a drop.

onono1
12-06-2007, 06:27 AM

Hehehehe, here we go again...that filipino sounding names and looks:p

rhk111
12-06-2007, 01:59 PM
There's a reported Fil-Am currently playing for the Benedictine International School (BIS) named "De Chavez" who has impressed some people who've seen him play thus far. Around 6'2", does anybody know about this guy's background?

ankle breaker
12-06-2007, 03:57 PM
Here-> http://basketball.bc.ca/elite/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=139&Itemid=149
guy that the youth coach is eyeing.

Here are other players from the same program who looks Filipino:
Joel -> http://basketball.bc.ca/elite/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=146&Itemid=156

joel friessen looks like a filipino but it has to be verified.
aurel david is the younger of brother of Julius David who once played for the pangasinan waves in the MBA. like his brother, he's too short to play competitive basketball. if he plays like spud webb or earl boykins, maybe he can be considered.

kerouac82
12-06-2007, 11:05 PM
There's a reported Fil-Am currently playing for the Benedictine International School (BIS) named "De Chavez" who has impressed some people who've seen him play thus far. Around 6'2", does anybody know about this guy's background?

He was allegedly spotted by Japeth Aguilar's father Peter in Chicago last year and was sent to BIS for residency. I don't know who has the inside track on this guy as there are other teams scrambling to get his services.

BLUE HORSE
12-06-2007, 11:39 PM
He was allegedly spotted by Japeth Aguilar's father Peter in Chicago last year and was sent to BIS for residency. I don't know who has the inside track on this guy as there are other teams scrambling to get his services.

There are 2 players named de Chavez playing for BIS. Magkapatid. Peter Aguilar told me over a year ago that he recommended to Ricky Palou a couple of players from the east coast and not Chicago. Like the Bringas brothers of Baste, the younger brother is the better player as he plays the 2-3-4 for BIS. Project him to play the 2-3 in college.

Here is the rub on which school they play for. A package deal may be necessary, buy one take one. ;) The brothers have not met the UAAP residency requirements for season 71 but 72 is a go. If the brothers decides to play in the UAAP, they will hone their skills in team B for a year while also establishing their residency requirements.

rhk111
12-07-2007, 01:02 AM
There are 2 players named de Chavez playing for BIS. Magkapatid. Peter Aguilar told me over a year ago that he recommended to Ricky Palou a couple of players from the east coast and not Chicago. Like the Bringas brothers of Baste, the younger brother is the better player as he plays the 2-3-4 for BIS. Project him to play the 2-3 in college.

Here is the rub on which school they play for. A package deal may be necessary, buy one take one. ;) The brothers have not met the UAAP residency requirements for season 71 but 72 is a go. If the brothers decides to play in the UAAP, they will hone their skills in team B for a year while also establishing their residency requirements.

How old are those 2, & how many years of eligibility will they have left in the UAAP? Looks to me like only 1-2 years max.

BLUE HORSE
12-07-2007, 02:46 AM
The de Chavez brothers are only high school students. They will not have any problems when it comes to eligibility even if they spend a year on team B. Only an NCAA school can offer them instant eligibility because they would have met the NCAA mandated residency requirement before the start of the season. Outside of SBC, which school can afford and is willing to shoulder the cost of 2 imports?

The imports of FEU and Adamson are another story. They may be "short timers". Their credentials have not been scrutinized by outside authorities.

rhk111
12-07-2007, 04:09 AM
Outside of SBC, which school can afford and is willing to shoulder the cost of 2 imports?

I resent that. As far as "imports" are concerned, ADMU has Zion Lattere (Australia) & Kirk Long (USA), while DLSU has Batrevic (some East European country). Vince Burke (USA) is also an "import". SBC's only "sin", is that their imports are exceptionally good.

RayV
12-07-2007, 04:11 AM
I resent that. As far as "imports" are concerned, ADMU has Zion Lattere (Australia) & Kirk Long (USA), while DLSU has Batrevic (some East European country). Vince Burke (USA) is also an "import". SBC's only "sin", is that their imports are exceptionally good.

Hahahah... yeah... terrifyingly good! :D

kerouac82
12-07-2007, 07:33 AM
The de Chavez brothers are only high school students. They will not have any problems when it comes to eligibility even if they spend a year on team B. Only an NCAA school can offer them instant eligibility because they would have met the NCAA mandated residency requirement before the start of the season. Outside of SBC, which school can afford and is willing to shoulder the cost of 2 imports?

The imports of FEU and Adamson are another story. They may be "short timers". Their credentials have not been scrutinized by outside authorities.

Perpetual Help had as many as three foreigners in their roster last year, Malaysian Ryan Febrian, Korean Sang Myeon Lee, and Indonesian Isman Thoyib. Thoyib was later declared ineligible after the NCAA discovered that he played in a commercial league back home. Febrian stands 6'6" and Thoyib is 6'8" - 6'9".

kerouac82
12-07-2007, 07:36 AM

The thing with Kirk Long and Vince Burke is that both played for a local high school (Faith Academy in Antipolo City). Long has been in the Philippines since he was two years old and is as homegrown as homegrown can get.

Batricevic is Serbian.

rhk111
12-07-2007, 07:41 AM
The thing with Kirk Long and Vince Burke is that both played for a local high school (Faith Academy in Antipolo City). Long has been in the Philippines since he was two years old and is as homegrown as homegrown can get.

Batricevic is Serbian.

Nope, ALEX COMPTON, born in the country whose Tagalog is better than some Pinoys, is as homegrown as homegrown can get.

Also, aside from Batricevic, DLSU also had Ferdinand (Indonesia).

b3lowzro
12-07-2007, 12:37 PM
Nope, ALEX COMPTON, born in the country whose Tagalog is better than some Pinoys, is as homegrown as homegrown can get.

hehe and Ferdinand can also speak fluently in tagalog. comparing him to some filipinos he sometimes speaks better than them

kerouac82
12-07-2007, 01:56 PM

Compton did not play college ball here. Also, Compton started learning his Tagalog when he played in the MBA. Did he grow up here? I'm not too sure how Compton fits into the topic at hand.

ankle breaker
12-07-2007, 04:08 PM
Compton did not play college ball here. Also, Compton started learning his Tagalog when he played in the MBA. Did he grow up here? I'm not too sure how Compton fits into the topic at hand.
maybe because of the word american. compton, is an american.

rhk111
12-07-2007, 09:37 PM

Alex Compton was born here in the Philippines, both of his parents worked for the IRRI at the UPLB. He spent I think his childhood here, which is why he speaks Tagalog FLUENTLY.

If you say Vince Burke or Kirk Long are supposed to be as homegrown as they come, I'm just pointing out that Compton is a lot more homegrown than those 2 because he was born here from both American parents, knows the culture very well, & speaks Tagalog very well also.

virtualcid
05-10-2008, 08:51 AM
Well, I am in San Diego. (cid white)

virtualcid
05-10-2008, 08:55 AM

well, cid white is in san diego now. will be playing in a filipino league in May in Las Vegas.

jepoy
05-10-2008, 12:38 PM
This thread is all about fil-ams who has 1/4 bloodline must be accepted to play in National team just like gabe norwood. I heard that there at least 2 7footers available in one of the threads that i saw here. Liga pilipinas could potentially help us.

Servinio
05-10-2008, 08:32 PM
Well, I am in San Diego. (cid white)
Cid Carter White in the house!

I'll never forget the first time I met and interviewed this guy way back 1999 . . . he spoke in Filipino!

NZTallblacks
05-11-2008, 12:51 AM
I suggest that one of the big companies in the Philippines should sponsor big men like Greg Slaughter to be trained in the States or in Europe for our own good, he's got big potential and still very young,Instead of looking for somebody to be naturalized,why not train these big men,sponsored by Phil. companies to train abroad to help Philippine basketball as a whole.what do you reckon?

dreamwalker
05-11-2008, 03:39 AM
This thread is all about fil-ams who has 1/4 bloodline must be accepted to play in National team just like gabe norwood. I heard that there at least 2 7footers available in one of the threads that i saw here. Liga pilipinas could potentially help us.

At least two 7-footers mentioned in one of the threads here in interbasket ? Are they fil-foreigners or local players ? please do tell.

The only 7-footers that we know of are those currently playing as imports in the PBA Fiesta Conference.

Alex07
05-11-2008, 06:54 AM
I've heard that Batricevic had a younger brother who is 6'11 played alongside him at La Salle greenhills.Just want to confirm if this is true.

dreamwalker
05-11-2008, 10:19 PM
I've heard that Batricevic had a younger brother who is 6'11 played alongside him at La Salle greenhills.Just want to confirm if this is true.

Well, if that rumor proved to be true, he might be a good prospect for naturalization.

BLUE HORSE
05-11-2008, 11:22 PM
I do not know if Marko has a younger brother but Marko was the only import on the LSGH squad during his one year playing stint. If LSGH had the said 6' 11" player then LSGH would have won the NCAA juniors championship. LSGH is still waiting to win it's first basketball championship while brother school Zobel has won 2 UAAP juniors championships in the last 3 years.

Alex07
05-12-2008, 02:51 AM
I think the 6'11 guy was also rumored as not good as expected that's why he went back home.:p

rhk111
05-12-2008, 03:09 AM
Its just a rumor. If he really was 6'11", I'm sure DLSU would've accepted him, if only as a "project". Heck, there are many 6'5" "projects" out there who never pan out, so how much more a 6'1" "project"?

ankle breaker
05-12-2008, 04:53 PM
why is it that cid white doesn't try the PBA? i think he has a decent game when he played in the MBA and he's not too old yet, right?

dreamwalker
05-12-2008, 10:46 PM
I think the 6'11 guy was also rumored as not good as expected that's why he went back home.:p

At 6'11" yet so young (????) and as "bad" as GS plays right now ? I'll take that chance.:D

kerouac82
05-13-2008, 08:00 AM
Does anyone know if a certain Edgar Garibay (http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=42939&season=2008&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncb %2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d429 39%26season%3d2008)out of Compton HS in California is Filipino? I know people named "Garibay" here, but I Googled it up and found that the name is actually of Basque origin and that it's a common surname in a Mexican town called "Michocoan" or something like that.

If he is indeed Pinoy, he might be a big steal. 6'10", 225 lbs, and choosing among three high-major offers? That's nothing to sneeze at.

Burndvinyard
05-13-2008, 08:58 AM
Does anyone know if a certain Edgar Garibay (http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=42939&season=2008&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncb %2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d429 39%26season%3d2008)out of Compton HS in California is Filipino? I know people named "Garibay" here, but I Googled it up and found that the name is actually of Basque origin and that it's a common surname in a Mexican town called "Michocoan" or something like that.

If he is indeed Pinoy, he might be a big steal. 6'10", 225 lbs, and choosing among three high-major offers? That's nothing to sneeze at.

Garibay was the kid Adam Parada tutored some years ago. I remember reading about it somewhere...Let's ask Parada about that big kid.:)

rhk111
05-13-2008, 09:03 AM
Edgar Garibay

He looks very much like a Spaniard. Here are his pics:

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/32/328674m.jpg

http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/EDGARGARIBAY4_18150.JPG

Somebody contact him, though. Here's his IMEEM account, complete w/ e-mail address:

http://www.imeem.com/bballchoseme

b3lowzro
05-13-2008, 09:45 AM
Edgar Garibay

Somebody contact him, though. Here's his IMEEM account, complete w/ e-mail address:

he doesn't look like a Filipino, he's not "pango" like eric menk and danny seigle

ankle breaker
05-13-2008, 01:54 PM
how tall is this guy? his looks is very mestizo but his name is very filipino.

Alex07
05-14-2008, 01:57 AM
Edgar Garibay

Somebody should ask this kid in Imeem..Then maybe if he's Filipino there would be a "parokya ni Edgar" fans club in the PBA.

Alex07
05-14-2008, 02:12 AM
Edgar Garibay | Center

Hometown: Compton, CA
Compton H.S. (CA)
Position rank: Center # 41
Ht: 6'10" Wt: 225

Biography:
A very intriguing post player, Garibay has a great frame, with good feet and hands. He needs to play with a more consistent focus and effort, but the tools are there for an outstanding player.

Evaluation

Garibay has loads of potential for the next level. He possesses good athleticism and also has a great frame. However, he sometimes does not display his vast array skills on the court. In some instances, he shows glimpses of remarkable skill, including a deft touch from long range for a big man. Conversely, he can completely disappear in games for long stretches of time. He has a soft shooting touch out to 20 feet as well as a slowly progressing post game. He continues to make strides in the post with his footwork. In addition, he can handle the ball fairly well for a big man while on the break. However, his general feel for the game is rather weak as he tends to take bad shots and he displays poor fundamentals in the post. In addition, his mental focus needs to improve greatly if he is to garner any looks from high major Division 1 schools.

Notes:

Boston College and Georgetown are also in the hunt...

Stats: 13.6 PPG 12.9 RPG

bball123
05-14-2008, 02:46 AM
Edgar Garibay | Center

Hometown: Compton, CA
Compton H.S. (CA)
Position rank: Center # 41
Ht: 6'10" Wt: 225

Biography:
A very intriguing post player, Garibay has a great frame, with good feet and hands. He needs to play with a more consistent focus and effort, but the tools are there for an outstanding player.

Evaluation

Garibay has loads of potential for the next level. He possesses good athleticism and also has a great frame. However, he sometimes does not display his vast array skills on the court. In some instances, he shows glimpses of remarkable skill, including a deft touch from long range for a big man. Conversely, he can completely disappear in games for long stretches of time. He has a soft shooting touch out to 20 feet as well as a slowly progressing post game. He continues to make strides in the post with his footwork. In addition, he can handle the ball fairly well for a big man while on the break. However, his general feel for the game is rather weak as he tends to take bad shots and he displays poor fundamentals in the post. In addition, his mental focus needs to improve greatly if he is to garner any looks from high major Division 1 schools.

Notes:

Boston College and Georgetown are also in the hunt...

Stats: 13.6 PPG 12.9 RPG

Seen him play before. He is not Filipino . He is off middle eastern descent- I think Armenian but definitely not Pinoy.

Burndvinyard
05-14-2008, 03:41 AM
Dont get me wrong my philippine friends, for me you are funny and annoying sometimes. Lets say for example, you are walking down the street in singapore and you meet a 6-10 tall, mestizo looking guy and you found out his name was Edgardo. What will you do? Go and post to interbasket forum and tell your bunch of funny men that you find a 6-10 guy who looks like a filipino and his name is edgardo, a philippine name :D :p Funny isnt it!

Let's get it on!!!:D

b3lowzro
05-14-2008, 03:42 AM
guys dont feed the troll

kerouac82
05-14-2008, 04:01 AM
Dont get me wrong my philippine friends, for me you are funny and annoying sometimes. Lets say for example, you are walking down the street in singapore and you meet a 6-10 tall, mestizo looking guy and you found out his name was Edgardo. What will you do? Go and post to interbasket forum and tell your bunch of funny men that you find a 6-10 guy who looks like a filipino and his name is edgardo, a philippine name :D :p Funny isnt it!

It's not the Edgardo that alerted me, mooncake99, but the "Garibay". I personally know people here in the Philippines named "Garibay". And by the way, I also posted on the same message yesterday that Garibay is not just a Filipino surname, but one of Basque (http://www.buber.net/Basque/Surname/G/garibay.html)origin. It is also common among Mexicans who trace their roots to a place called Michocoan.

I'm still not giving up on finding Filipinos based abroad, though. For sure, if I find someone named Sabilano, I'd assume he is Filipino as no other family in the world carries it. Or maybe there's a 6'10" Agbayani somewhere out there...

bball123
05-14-2008, 04:23 AM
It's not the Edgardo that alerted me, mooncake99, but the "Garibay". I personally know people here in the Philippines named "Garibay". And by the way, I also posted on the same message yesterday that Garibay is not just a Filipino surname, but one of Basque (http://www.buber.net/Basque/Surname/G/garibay.html)origin. It is also common among Mexicans who trace their roots to a place called Michocoan.

I'm still not giving up on finding Filipinos based abroad, though. For sure, if I find someone named Sabilano, I'd assume he is Filipino as no other family in the world carries it. Or maybe there's a 6'10" Agbayani somewhere out there...

here in LA area, there are a lot of Garibay's and they are Armenian descent.

kerouac82
05-14-2008, 04:27 AM
here in LA area, there are a lot of Garibay's and they are Armenian descent.

It figures. Basque historians have considered Armenia as the homeland of their people (http://www.hayastanonline.com/English/Editor.html):

So the question comes where Basques originated from? The Basques are unique ethnic group, that inhabit parts of northwestern Spain and southwestern France. There have been several hypothesis regarding origin of those people. But lets refer to the founders of Basque national historiography Esteban de Garibay, Andres de Posa and Baltasar de Echave. All of them considered Armenia as homeland of basques. Esteban de Garibay thought that Iberia was populated by descendants of Tubal, Noah's grandson, who went to Iberia thirty-five years after the Flood subsided. Garibay observed that Basque place-names bore a resemblance to those in ARMENIA. Baltasar de Echave writes: “the first settlers arrived to Iberia after the Universal deluge with the children of Noah from “ours loved mother country ARMENIA”. Interestingly legendary ancestor of the Basques had a name Aitor, which in Armenian means Grandson of Armenian. The Armenian origin of Basques was strongly supported by several prominent researchers, such as Gaspar Eskolano, Edward Spencer Johnson, Joseph Karst, Bernardo Estornes Lasa, Nikolay Marr.

Then again, we're going off-topic. Next prospect, please.

Alex07
05-14-2008, 05:32 AM
any new guys who show some potentials?

kerouac82
05-14-2008, 12:27 PM
^ You just posted that same message in other threads. If your account's raison d'etre is to say that same thing over and over again, I suggest that you stop posting. You're not contributing anything substantial to the discussion.

Then again, that's a nice suggestion coming from you. I'm surprised no one from India has been doing that, knowing that there are large Indian populations in cities overseas. Doing that might just level the playing field.

Oh, yeah, I remember now -- there's a reason they don't take their basketball seriously. It's called "cricket".

mooncake99
05-14-2008, 12:42 PM
^ You just posted that same message in other threads. If your account's raison d'etre is to say that same thing over and over again, I suggest that you stop posting. You're not contributing anything substantial to the discussion.

Then again, that's a nice suggestion coming from you. I'm surprised no one from India has been doing that, knowing that there are large Indian populations in cities overseas. Doing that might just level the playing field.

Oh, yeah, I remember now -- there's a reason they don't take their basketball seriously. It's called "cricket".

Mooncake, you made your point. No need to say any more. --Matt

b3lowzro
05-14-2008, 12:51 PM
Oh oh, here comes one senior officer in this forum i just stepped in :rolleyes: . Dont worry mr. sabilano i might help you and other phil friends to hunt for filipino looking guy somewhere, whose surname might be delacruz, arroyo or lozada and who happens to have asian features standing 6-10 and not just your usual 5-10 guard.

lolz c'mon man we didn't mean to trash ur team in the last SEABA tourney, why wont invite your other singaporean friends and start a new thread for singaporean basketball and not troll our thread like an insecure losers who's real habit is only the internet.

Alex07
05-14-2008, 01:51 PM
Oh oh, here comes one senior officer in this forum i just stepped in :rolleyes: . Dont worry mr. sabilano i might help you and other phil friends to hunt for filipino looking guy somewhere, whose surname might be delacruz, arroyo or lozada and who happens to have asian features standing 6-10 and not just your usual 5-10 guard.

actually they have a 7 feet player..in NBA live 08:D ...fantasy basketball would sound more believable lah :D

Alex07
05-14-2008, 01:56 PM
I'll help Singapore find a B'ball player too,when I see someone who's last name is cake I'll post it here..wait,I better go to Goldilocks:D

ankle breaker
05-14-2008, 03:07 PM
is mooncake99 a real singaporean or some filipino who is now working in singapore who have nothing to do that's why he's tryin to bully the posters here. if he's a filipino, shame on him. if he's a real singaporean, he's just insecure.:D

watiwawa
05-14-2008, 04:25 PM

mentioning the surnames ARROYO and LOZADA huh.. so your a filipino.. tsk.. so what if WE, filipinos will do anything just to help philippine basketball by searching.. and i think your insecure.. didn't you even notice that even singapore is active interbationally(slingers) they dont have their own forum here in interbasket..:D we're just helping philippine basketball so that we can reclaim our lost glory, that's the pride of a filipino, how about you? and by the way, what's your height? HAHA:D

logre23
05-14-2008, 06:34 PM
yeah..insecure.

because in Singapore they cannot wipe their ass with a tissue paper,
they cannot chew a gum if their breath is stinky , they cannot spit on the ground out of disgust when their team is down by 40 poitns & they hire 5'10filipino to play basketball because they simply cannot play the game. :D

ankle breaker
05-14-2008, 07:46 PM
the average height of the singaporeans is between 5'6" - 5'7". almost similar to pinoys.

mooncake99
05-15-2008, 09:43 AM
mentioning the surnames ARROYO and LOZADA huh.. so your a filipino.. tsk.. so what if WE, filipinos will do anything just to help philippine basketball by searching.. and i think your insecure.. didn't you even notice that even singapore is active interbationally(slingers) they dont have their own forum here in interbasket..:D we're just helping philippine basketball so that we can reclaim our lost glory, that's the pride of a filipino, how about you? and by the way, what's your height? HAHA:D

It happens that i read global cyber news more often than before thats why i know phils politics than the average singaporean, and i have phil friends in manila too, and visited manila several times. I like basketball too thats why im here ;) and people in singapore patronize soccer a lot so no reason to have our own forum here.

b3lowzro
05-15-2008, 09:51 AM
It happens that i read global cyber news more often than before thats why i know phils politics than the average singaporean, and i have phil friends in manila too, and visited manila several times. I like basketball too thats why im here ;) and people in singapore patronize soccer a lot so no reason to have our own forum here.

then you start your own, tells something about the basketball scene down there in Singapore. By the way that was a rude introduction from you

mooncake99
05-15-2008, 09:54 AM
and by the way, what's your height? HAHA:D

Im 5-11 mr. watiwawa and play basketball and soccer as my habit.

mooncake99
05-15-2008, 09:57 AM
then you start your own, tells something about the basketball scene down there in Singapore. By the way that was a rude introduction from you

Do i sound rude or sarcastic? I know we singaporeans have the habit of being snobbish sometimes. But im not rude belowzero. I prefer sarcasm.

kerouac82
05-15-2008, 10:06 AM
I'm sorry, but your initial posts were not even close to sarcastic. And the mere fact that you had to post the same thing in three different threads was not only classless, but was plain rude.

In fact, for many Filipinos so in love with the game, Interbasket was and is a source of information on potential players. For example, the first glimpse many of us had of 6'11", 18-year-old center Jerico de Guzman was posted here. I also got to know all about Jared Dillinger, a 6'5" guard out of Hawai'i, on this website. With so many Filipinos out there who play basketball in both recreational and high school leagues, Interbasket gives us a way to share information on them. There have been many misses, such as Ronnie Aguilar (who is Honduran) and Garibay (whom I concede is most likely Mexican), but for the most part, our searches have been quite successful.

Now, I do hope you can find a 6'10" Singaporean center playing in the AAU. Just to level the field.

watiwawa
05-15-2008, 11:50 AM
Im 5-11 mr. watiwawa and play basketball and soccer as my habit.
ow, your 5'11... you should be playing for the singapore national team..:D and you should try to beat our national youth team using your seniors team..:D

mooncake99
05-15-2008, 12:37 PM
Now, I do hope you can find a 6'10" Singaporean center playing in the AAU. Just to level the field.

Yes i hope someday our national team can level the field of southeast asian basketball. We have been looking for chinese players in the mainland who may have singaporean blood :rolleyes: Still, we dont want to be like the philippines who are reinforcing their natl team with hybrids :D. Thus, leaving behind their local talents.

kerouac82
05-15-2008, 01:00 PM
Yes i hope someday our national team can level the field of southeast asian basketball. We have been looking for chinese players in the mainland who may have singaporean blood :rolleyes: Still, we dont want to be like the philippines who are reinforcing their natl team with hybrids :D. Thus, leaving behind their local talents.

What's wrong with having "hybrid" players, anyway? Our coaching staff just select the best players available, mixed-blood or not. It's not their fault if they have mixed blood. As I've been pointing out since I first became a member of this forum, a lot of Filipino-foreign players are children of U.S. servicemen who were stationed at the military bases here before they were closed in 1991. Still others, especially those who have Filipino and Spanish-sounding surnames, were children of migrants to the U.S. before and after the war. Still, they are all Filipino citizens and are entitled to play for their homeland.

mooncake99
05-15-2008, 01:10 PM
What's wrong with having "hybrid" players, anyway? Our coaching staff just select the best players available, mixed-blood or not. It's not their fault if they have mixed blood. As I've been pointing out since I first became a member of this forum, a lot of Filipino-foreign players are children of U.S. servicemen who were stationed at the military bases here before they were closed in 1991. Still others, especially those who have Filipino and Spanish-sounding surnames, were children of migrants to the U.S. before and after the war. Still, they are all Filipino citizens and are entitled to play for their homeland.

You have the point their mister, whats wrong having hybrid players if facts have proven they are certified filipino-foreign players. Well, edgard garibay looks more like a fil-am for me than your assi taulava :rolleyes:

mooncake99
05-15-2008, 02:01 PM
is mooncake99 a real singaporean or some filipino who is now working in singapore who have nothing to do that's why he's tryin to bully the posters here. if he's a filipino, shame on him. if he's a real singaporean, he's just insecure.:D

Hold the ground mister :eek:, i was not bullying people here. I was just pointing out phils forumers habit of hinting foreigners with filipino sounding names and physical looks as having philippine blood, only to turn out as latinos or spanish descent.

I know i started the fire, but i did not go as far as insulting or mockering someone's race, its height and their ability to play good basketball. Some philippines forumers did in fact go below the belt by hitting singaporeans our height and mocking us because you are superior in basketball which is true at all, no contest.

artful[D]odger
05-15-2008, 02:48 PM
Hold the ground mister :eek:, i was not bullying people here. I was just pointing out phils forumers habit of hinting foreigners with filipino sounding names and physical looks as having philippine blood, only to turn out as latinos or spanish descent.

i done the exact thing man .. but i aint getting it as hard as you - maybe its because ur from singapore (im joking) :p

and yea it aint kool giving it to him coz he's team doesnt perform aswell as the philo teams .. he cant help that - thats poor form ... we got nothin to be proud of either guys .. phils had there best chance in so many years to make the olympics and we blew it - BLEW IT doesnt matter how many other stages u win on or how good u were/are .. clearly we wernt good enough for the olympics ... not back then anyway

ankle breaker
05-15-2008, 04:29 PM
other countries are doing the same thing as what the philippines are doing. as a matter of fact are have come to the point that they naturalized players from other countries just to make their lineups stronger. so there is no point in commenting about the filipinos are looking into any filipino sounding names.

b3lowzro
05-16-2008, 01:14 AM
You have the point their mister, whats wrong having hybrid players if facts have proven they are certified filipino-foreign players. Well, edgard garibay looks more like a fil-am for me than your assi taulava :rolleyes:

hey this is foul, you know I've a lot to say about the singaporean team and its anomalies but for the sake of being an Asean brother I'd rather not say it 'cause i'll just be swooping down to your level.

passfirstguard
05-16-2008, 04:50 AM
you dont understand basketball the way filipinos do, man..so leave us alone..who cares if we come up to a prospect who has a filipino sounding name but to the end, he's not pinoy..we are just helping our national team, man..this is how we support our dreams of making it back to the world basketball seen..and,with regards to mixed bloods,all of has have mixed bloods..i bet ancient people living in what we call singapore nowadays are not of chinese origin..

Alex07
05-16-2008, 05:33 AM

You can't separate the Fil-Foreign from the locals Mr.Cake,just like Singapore and Malaysia we have Filipino Chinese who we treat as locals.Some players like Mr.Miller grew up here and again was treated like a local player.We have mixed races too a combination of Malay,Spanish,Chinese and American.Some Even have Japanese heritage.So I'll ask you Mr.Softcake, which is local and which are the hybrids?That's If you know Filipino culture better than us.And don't teach us how to play basketball,we had been trashing your team since the age of dinosaurs.

Alex07
05-16-2008, 05:37 AM
Maybe this is all about the Singapore Slingers being trashed by or national team.:D Well if that's the case, we are sorry if Singapore is reinforced with Australians and still can't beat us...sorry man..didn't mean to hurt your feelings..I too feel for your loss..really..by the way there's a shape of an L on your forehead dude :p

Alex07
05-16-2008, 05:43 AM

I know i started the fire, but i did not go as far as insulting or mockering someone's race, its height and their ability to play good basketball. Some philippines forumers did in fact go below the belt by hitting singaporeans our height and mocking us because you are superior in basketball which is true at all, no contest.

U can't blame us..since this is a "Basketball" thread..mock us in one of your soccer threads we're pretty sure we're goin to hurt big.We don't mock your height man,some Singapore players are big too..they just lack skills..we call it BANO..go ahead ask your Filipino friends about it :D

dreamwalker
05-16-2008, 06:13 AM
OT, talking about the Singapore Slingers here are some stats. Currently the number two from way way down the ladder at the NBL, posting 6 upset wins 24 losses out of 30 games.

There are 3 native Singaporean goodwill ambassadors (guards) included in the lineup, namely Michael Wong, Koh Meng Koon and Pathman Matialakan just for the sake of validating the team's name Singapore Slingers, the first asian based professional ballclub to join the National Basketball League.

The team is also composed of mostly aussies, kiwis and some american journeymen. The inclusion of Jason Castro, a true blue chipper would add credence to the word truly asian.

And the recent signing of Darren Ng from Adelaide 36ers born to ethnic Chinese parents would add more to that asian flavor, and of course he's not singaporean.

Alex07
05-16-2008, 11:30 AM
odger']i done the exact thing man .. but i aint getting it as hard as you - maybe its because ur from singapore (im joking) :p

and yea it aint kool giving it to him coz he's team doesnt perform aswell as the philo teams .. he cant help that - thats poor form ... we got nothin to be proud of either guys .. phils had there best chance in so many years to make the olympics and we blew it - BLEW IT doesnt matter how many other stages u win on or how good u were/are .. clearly we wernt good enough for the olympics ... not back then anyway

Yea we blew it..we got no excuse with that..but atleast we can go as far as the Asian level unlike ummm..anyways.We didn't blew it like "the others" that's my point. :D

mooncake99
05-16-2008, 02:32 PM
Maybe this is all about the Singapore Slingers being trashed by or national team.:D Well if that's the case, we are sorry if Singapore is reinforced with Australians and still can't beat us...sorry man..didn't mean to hurt your feelings..I too feel for your loss..really..by the way there's a shape of an L on your forehead dude :p

Hey man, the truth is back in singapore except our basketball officials, our people dont really care if team slingers are beaten black and blue by your natl team. Who cares about basketball in our city state :p . But the really sad part was when your professional laden national squad was defeated and humiliated by a bunch of college players from japan during the Jones Cup in taiwan 2 yrs ago :rolleyes:

ankle breaker
05-16-2008, 02:42 PM
i dunno why he posted his previous comments that started all of this in other threads. it seems that he's mocking the pinoys.

watiwawa
05-16-2008, 02:44 PM
Hey man, the truth is back in singapore except our basketball officials, our people dont really care if team slingers are beaten black and blue by your natl team. Who cares about basketball in our city state :p . But the really sad part was when your professional laden national squad was defeated and humiliated by a bunch of college players from japan during the Jones Cup in taiwan 2 yrs ago :rolleyes:

and so? can you beat our SOCCER national team like we beat your basketball team.. i mean we trash your basketball team by 30 points.. can you also beat our soccer team by 30.. by the way, soccer is not also that famous in our country.. it's just now that we are start to win.. and atleast we don't have pro league to compete.. we dont have a team like sLingers to compete professionally abroad and yet we're not improving..:D

about the win of the japanese college players, we can also beat your professional laden natl team jus using a college basketball team..:D

mooncake99
05-16-2008, 02:55 PM
and so? can you beat our SOCCER national team like we beat your basketball team.. i mean we trash your basketball team by 30 points.. can you also beat our soccer team by 30.. by the way, soccer is not also that famous in our country.. it's just now that we are start to win.. and atleast we don't have pro league to compete.. we dont have a team like sLingers to compete professionally abroad and yet we're not improving..:D

about the win of the japanese college players, we can also beat your professional laden natl team jus using a college basketball team..:D

Hahaha, football/soccer and basketball is a different sports. This is a basketball forum, so forget about football man, because football is a discipline sports, and singaporeans are known worldwide for being discipline fellows. So learning football the way singaporeans do would be very difficult for filipinos.

gnorwood
05-16-2008, 03:17 PM
Hahaha, football/soccer and basketball is a different sports. This is a basketball forum, so forget about football man, because football is a discipline sports, and singaporeans are known worldwide for being discipline fellows. So learning football the way singaporeans do would be very difficult for filipinos.

Hey yow, singapore were people are so disciplined but where Selamat was living and prisoned then escaped in a prison that looks like a cage of a donkey. be careful of your words little friend. Singapore was developed because of British, Americans, Filipino and Pana skilled workers.

Filipinos made to NBA not by player but by coach. Singaporians never heard that they made to UEFA or NBA either.

mooncake99
05-16-2008, 03:30 PM
Hey yow, singapore were people are so disciplined but where Selamat was living and prisoned then escaped in a prison that looks like a cage of a donkey. be careful of your words little friend. Singapore was developed because of British, Americans, Filipino and Pana skilled workers.

Filipinos made to NBA not by player but by coach. Singaporians never heard that they made to UEFA or NBA either.

Pardon me pls :D

watiwawa
05-16-2008, 04:06 PM

yeah it's different sport but it's still a sport and you're boasting us that your football team is better and you said that singaporeans are well disciplined..and how come your so disrespectful to us filipinos, you mean that we cannot learn football the way singaporean did? ahrrgh, just wait when philippine askals will bite you.. haha..i think your not in top 10 of asian football so it's not hard to come up with you natl team..

dreamwalker
05-16-2008, 06:35 PM
This guy is like the infamous Samurai in another forum....:D :eek: :p

logre23
05-16-2008, 07:45 PM

admit it man, that you are just INSECURE of us. we know it....you love basketball but in Singapore you are the only one loves it..we know your team sucks big time so you will not support it, instead boast your football team. who is not the best in the region by the way. For sure in few years time with the addition of half-foreigner soccer players. ( which you dont have that's why your crying here of jealousy ) we can kick your skinny asses!

But still you love basketball morethan football...too bad for you..hehehe.:D

Hey! you know the secret how to be a good basketball player? Chew a gum!

HAHAHA!:D :D :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chewing_gum_ban_in_Singapore

Burndvinyard
05-17-2008, 01:26 AM
This guy is like the infamous Samurai in another forum....:D :eek: :p

come on guys, do you think a real singaporean will waste his time in our forum? this mooncake is more or less a Graham Lim disciple living somewhere in Binondo. or could be another Makapili on the rise...:rolleyes: